The Rail Cars

"AHH!" Salim awoke with a horrible start. The boxer was in a cold sweat, shivering even though it wasn't exactly cold outside. He felt as though he had just awoken from a horrific nightmare. It was......

.....What was it? 

Salim took a few moments to try and remember what he was dreaming about but nothing came. It was then that the more important questions came to mind. Where the hell am I? Salim could have sworn he had heard a voice that wasn't his own. No, not a voice. A...presence. 

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]'Hello? How are you feeling?[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]'[/COLOR]

.....That was a voice.

"What in the devil?" Salim asked aloud. The man was completely shocked. What in the hell was going on? Did he really just hear someone else's voice in his head? Salim was getting old but not THAT old. 

Still, the presence in his mind lingered. Something completely foreign and....extra. As if he was sharing his mind with someone else. Lucky for Salim, he always said what was on his mind anyway. So if this was really happening, it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

"What's going on? Where am I?" 'What's going on? Where am I?' He thought and spoke at the same time, as per the usual for the former pro. 

Salim shook off his nerves and quickly stood from where he was laying unconscious and took a gander at his surroundings. He seemed to be in some kind of train yard. What state was he in? Was he still in the same country even? 

@StoneWolf18

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cormorant|Cormorant+SC');
.stonemain8{
margin: auto;
height: 750px;
width: 65%;
border: 6px solid #461220;
background-color: #AA4751;
overflow: auto;
}
hr.stonehr8 {
border: 0;
height: 1px;
background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));
}
.stoneimage8{
float: left;
margin-left: 30px;
margin-right: 20px;

margin-top: 20px;
}
.stonebox8{
background-color: #e8c9cc;
width: 60%;
height: 470px;
float: right;
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-left: 20px;
margin-right: 30px;
text-align: left;
font-family: 'Cormorant', serif;
font-size: 20px;
color: black;
padding: 15px;
}

"If someone were to offer you the gift of a lifetime, tell them no. Trust me when I say that for what can initially be a blessing is very much a curse in disguise."

/monthly_2016_11/image.thumb.jpeg.01116e18af33b5efd1f3d78903878424.jpeg

Location:[SIZE= 28px] The Enclave || Copper's Laboratory[/SIZE]

Even though she couldn't visually see him, based upon the emotion he felt Kiraan knew that he wasn't all that pleased with the uncertainty of the current situation. She could understand somewhat of what he was going through, the shock and confusion of waking up in the rail yard alone and with little memory of how much time had past. 'I will explain what had happened to you once you arrive.' She explained in a calm, even tone. 'For now... you are in the abandoned train yard just outside do Greyholm city... we are going to discuss the rest of this later as you follow my directions. Do you understand?' The murmurs of the other minds around her were beginning to grow in strength, forcing her to spend a bit more energy on the task. The man needed to get to the entrance with a quickness or she was going to run out of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satiel Rex

[SIZE= 22px]Satiel slowly walked along side Tatiana as she continued taking pictures of the abandoned rusted trains only stopping for a few minutes for her to take in the atmosphere of this place. While the sight itself wasn't anything amazing, he felt a bit of dizziness and pain within his head as he continued looking at them. Suddenly a few unpleasant memories came back to him. His mind disorientated but his body and facial expression executed just the same while unaware of the conversation that she was trying to bring up with him as he flash backed to a more corrupted time...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 22px]"YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 22px]"GO GO GO!"

"I'M HIT! MEDIC!"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 22px]"MOVE OUT...QUICKLY!"[/SIZE]

He moved onward and onward behind her while saying nothing interesting. His silent demeanor fills the train yard with gloom as if the depressive nature was just leaking out of him. "Yeah." he simply said with his eyes still facing straight forward as he snapped back to reality while trying to forget about his miserable past as a soldier.

@Clairvoyance

The woman in his head promised to explain everything but somehow she sounded as if she was in pain or making some kind of great effort. Could talking in someone's mind cause such a great strain? Salim still thought he was losing his collective shit but he had never heard voices in his head before other than his own and he didn't feel unhinged yet. Self-discipline is something that was quite literally beaten into him since he could walk in the slums of his home country. Losing his mind without even being aware of it was something he sincerely doubted. Alyxandra was like him and she definitely would ha-

Alyx!

The father's head filled with overwhelming amount of fear and worry. Was she ok? How long had he been gone? Where was she? Had someone taken her? Was she in danger? The man's mind was literally going a million miles a minute with the thought of his daughter's well being.

The thought of his daughter focused his mind to a razor's edge. He needed to find her. He needed to make sure she was okay and if that meant listening to the voices in his head than he would listen to them to the T. 

"Give me the directions. I'm going to sprint as fast as I can. Don't stop telling me where to go!" He barked aloud. Without hesitating, the man launched forward as fast as he feet would take him, taking whatever curves and turns the lady in his head ordered him to do. The thought of his daughter pushing him to run faster and faster. 

Salim may have been retired but his training never ceased. In other words, the man was damn fast. Especially running at full sprint and he had the impressive stamina necessary to keep up the break neck pace.

@StoneWolf18

Eluscia shook the girls hand back eagerly, practically pulling the girl up and down with each motion, "Charlotte?~ Charlotte's web~….. That was a good book. Yes, yes! Spider-shark?~" She giggled to herself before letting go. As the small girl questioned what she should be doing and how to return to being human Ru simply tilted her head, "What should ya' do ya' ask?~ well, anything ya' want! This whole place is amazing after all! Fun and shiny!~" She stated smugly before continuing, "Human?….. Why'd ya' want to be one of those? They don't like animal people, no no, get mad when they see us~….." She huffed, shrugging a little as she smirked, it was though she never remembered being a human, as if the species was a completely different thing to her. She didn't answer her final question, not seeing a point to it after her last statement which seemed to sum her point up pretty well.

As the- shark thing, began to walk down along the train tracks Ru came after on all fours in a curious manner, once again in the leap-frog like crouching position, waving a little as the girl glanced back. Practically right behind the girl as she could move quite a further distance in a bounce than the girl was walking, but when the girl suddenly tripped and they came to halt Ru hissed, the bright flash of blue causing the Jerboa girl to shield her eyes with her forearm, her tail flicking around in an unsure manner. She removed it slowly, rubbing her eyes as the white splotches of blurriness slowly faded away, "Bright ouchie!?" She muttered out through slightly clenched teeth, about to scold the girl for the experience but suddenly being distracted as her ears  twitched a few times, standing up on two feet as she looked around curiously, nose sniffing the air….. She could hear a leathery sound of something beating in a rhythm, a noise she was all to familiar with, "Grumpy bat here, run, must run!" She suddenly crouched back down, preparing to scurry off before glancing back at the newcomer and biting her lip lightly, instead choosing to, before the girl to recover and stand up from the ground jump on top of her and push her down into the tall grass, "Shh, quiet and she won't see, she smell fishy girl and be angry, we came too far into her part of the playground, she gonna be mad, ya' know?~" She whispered.

.stonemain8{
}
hr.stonehr8 {
background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

"If someone were to offer you the gift of a lifetime, tell them no. Trust me when I say that for what can initially be a blessing is very much a curse in disguise."

Location:[SIZE= 28px] The Enclave || Copper's Laboratory[/SIZE]

Kiraan hopped this would go off without a hitch, but she knew that was more than unlikely. As the man's mind wandered, she struggled to flow, staggering slightly from the suddenly overwhelming desperation and fear for his daughter...This then caused her mind to briefly think of Mei but she pushed it aside knowing it was his emotions influencing her thoughts and not her own. Gritting her teeth as the new mage began to run (she knew this because he wasn't currently trying to figure out how to work with new limbs) she hastily gave him directions to the old entrance, which was a painfully long latter down a cramped shaft. They had an elevator, but the last apprentice had a panic attack within causing all the mechanisms to be frozen in a deep permafrost. As he arrived, the mental connection between them strengthening, she receded from this mind and blinked her eyes open with a groan, a throbbing having become in the back of her skull.

Bidding Copper fair well and that she would check in with him later, she left the room and headed too the where he would be lead out of the entrance by partially armed guards, not necessarily there for the order's protection, but to keep the man's powers under control should they spike. As they emerged from the dimly lit hall that lead to the latter, her eyes examined him thoroughly. Hispanic in descent, a few visible scars here and there, middle aged. To learn more she was going to have to get within his mind. "Welcome to The Enclave" She greeted him steadily, verbally mind you. The two guards that were beside him nodding in her direction, one of them murmuring 'arch-mage.' "You two can take your leave, if he should spike I know how to suppress its effects." The two looked more than eager to return to their post, quickly doing so as she looked the newcomer in the eyes before gesturing for him to follow. "Come. Once we get to my office I will answer whatever questions you might have."

Salim had literally sprinted the entirety of the way to the old enclave and was surprisingly, even to himself, not panting like a dog. His breath was coming deep and steady. In through the nose and out through the mouth. His training making the action second nature to him. 

Salim made his way through the place until he came face to face with two guards. Two things happened then. First, Salim found out that he actually wasn't crazy and that someone else really was talking in his mind. Second, was that this was probably a trap. 

The male took a step and began to raise his fists when a women rounded the bend and seemingly called off the guards. One of them referred to her as "Archmage". What was this? One of those RPG games Salim played after he camed to the states? 

She dismissed the armed guards and as thoroughly as she was examining him, Salim was examining her. He was sizing her up. She clearly held some kind of power around here if the guards listened to her without question like that. That and what the devil was she talking about? His power spiking? If Salim had a power, it was the power to not be knocked out in a fight but that....wasn't something that could spike....

Right?

Well, then again, there was a woman talking in his head and she was standing right in front of him. The voices matched perfectly. The male relaxed from his defensive posture and replied, "I would hope so. Because I'm not exactly thrilled to be here." 

Taking a second look, the woman was rather attractive. Very much so. Though, Salim should have been able to tell that much from her voice alone, "Well, at least you are as attractive as you sound." The boxer laughed, trying to lighten the mood a bit. More for himself than for her. He needed to relax and panicking wasn't going to help Alyx. 

@StoneWolf18

Copper was searching his computer for the files he had created and began explaining what he found even after Kiraan left because he was obviously to her leaving. "We'll what I found was very interesting, as it pertains to the structure of the double helix within our genetic code. It is clearly tampered and changed but what gives us our powers is the change in two or more strands or sequences of the helix. For me my change is both in mental ability and physical as I can change the form of objects by touch and mind by adding or subtracting the various atoms and the foundations of the atoms..."

He turned around as to explain more but saw he was alone. He sighed in defeat as he fiddled around his computer and turned it off.

"How rude, just when I was getting to the interesting part... Well I guess the meetings over with..."

And so he went to the smelter room to check on the progress of Mei and to help her out like he promised. "So how are things going so far?"

@StoneWolf18 @Sir Pouncelot

.stonemain8{
}
hr.stonehr8 {
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

Location:[SIZE= 28px] The Enclave || Archmage's Office[/SIZE]

As they walked and the man commented upon her appearance, she gave a small chuckle. "How kind of you to say, although I would like to admit that I have a slight stronger preference for the same sex. " Watching him out of the corner of her eye, Kiraan was interested in gauging his reaction. In all honestly, she didn't care who she fucked as she learned not to be picky, but she was curious to see what his response was. When she had to collect teenaged boys, they usually didn't express such things immediately (at least not with words...) which made their widening eyes put a faint smile upon her lips. She didn't think that was necessarily the case, however. He was a grown man with a child, which alluded it to be more of a way to distract himself than anything else.

Once they arrived at her office, she opened the door and held it for him, allowing the man to enter first before closing it behind herself and discreetly turning the lock. Not only would it keep him from running should he get any idea, but also activated a ward that the first archmage had put into place that would keep all prying ears out of the conversation making eavesdropping impossible. "Please, take a seat." She said whilst moving to the chair on the other side of the desk, sitting herself and being pleased to notice that the migraine was slowly but surely fading. "Now then... to preface all you might be wondering, let me put it in moderately simple terms. The magic we all know to exist in fiction is attainable. You're here because a certain individual took an interest in you. This person is notorious for altering the human mind of everyone in this building and the body of those you will come to know as hybrids that live on the opposite end of the rail yard. If I were you, I'd be thankful he didn't decide to replace your legs with that of a frog or cover your skin with fur of a badger. Instead, you now have an ability similar to myself." Pausing for a moment to allow him to digest such information, she continued albeit in a much more gentle tone considering the previous statement was rather blunt. She wasn't going to get anywhere by sugar coating anything. "On the subject of your daughter, if she has nowhere else to turn we can send one or two more experienced mages to retrieve her, specifically those who can remain unseen by humans' curious eyes." Kiraan stressed the word human somewhat so she could branch off the topic would he wish to do so. "Mm, I feel that I should introduce myself as I've delayed long enough. My name is Kiraan Vahdin, a telepath and the archmage of The Order."

Tags:
@shadowz1995

Scrambling, scurrying away like fleeing rabbits running from a predator, it was something primal, something that registered deep inside the core of Jessica's brain, making her head pound as her skull threatened to burst.

Human minds were not used to the thrill of the hunt, to the sensation of hearts beating in fear, to the scent of adrenaline rushing through their veins as they ran away...running from HER.

If she were in her human mindset she would've questioned herself about the fear she invoked in other people, yet in this moment only instinct spurred her on, making her the deadliest being in the entirety of the rail cemetery, at least for the time being and only as long as the predator in her controlled her actions.

The sensation washed over her, numbing her mind and making shivers run down her spine as powerful surges of her wings kept her afloat in mid-air before she pulled them close to her body, making her drop out of the sky like a living torpedo, rushing towards the fleeing Hybrid still trying to find cover.

Without a sound Jess' flying body approached Azir's fleeing frame, her eyes narrowing into predatory slits as her ears pressed tightly against her skull as, before the impact, her wings extended, her clawed hands coming to grab a hold of Azir as the two came tumbling though the high grass, resulting in a tangled ball of appendages fighting over dominance before Jessica pinned Azir to the ground, her hands resting on his shoulders and pressing him into the grass.

Looming over him Jess' graced him with the terrifying look of a gaping maw filled to the brim with teeth as two cold grey eyes stared holes into his very being, her ears perking up and softly twitching as Jess let out a throaty growl.

"I know your scent, you think you could hide from me?..."

@Petroshka @Eternitycode

"Ah well, that's a shame. For me, at least." He replied with a laugh before straightening himself and taking a calming breath. Time to get down to business and find out what the hell was going on down here.

Luckily, Ms. Kiraan didn't waste much time. She led him through the.....base(?) rather quickly and into her private office or what appeared to be her private office. Admittedly, when Salim heard the click behind him, he senses went alert almost immediately. Whatever she wanted to do/say, she wanted it to be private. He didn't know about the ward but he was thinking about what she would do if someone decided to eavesdrop. 

The archmage got straight to the point, giving Salim her name and title. She gave the boxer a brief, but informative run down and what had happened to him and why he was here. "So, essentially, I caught someone's eye and became the bastard's lab expirement. People either become mutants or....get some kind of magical power. I got the latter it seems. They call you 'Archmage' because you lead the....mages."

"And by the way you said it, I'm guessing I am no longer human. Even though I still feel completely human." 

Salim mulled it over for a bit and just sighed after he came to a conclusion. Should this have been any other scenario, he would have dismissed her as crazy and left. But she led him here through telepathy, her supposed power. That was more than enough proof. The boxing instructor just had two more questions.

What was his power?

Why him?

A few more moments of pondering and Salim locked eyes with the woman, "Just tell me how my daughter is. If she is safe and doing well then I would rather she stay safe. I have a feeling if I was to bring her here, she would be in danger. That's the last thing I want. She's tough like her old man. I know she can handle herself. Just.....not in a place like this."

Salim turned and eyed the door for a second before returning to the attractive woman, "Alright Miss Kiraan." He leaned forward and his thoughts were as clear as his words. As always, "What do you need me to do? I know what's going on but I still don't know what to do." His light brown eyes were full of conviction and honesty. Most people usually found that intimidating but it was a testament to how straight forward this man was. He had no interest in deception or trickery and showed it with both his actions and his words (and his thoughts too technically)

@StoneWolf18

Charlotte had noticed the blue flash, irritated that her fins had, for some strange reason, lit up again. Ever since Charlotte woke up underneath the train carriage she had at random points glowed blue, more specifically her fins. She only knew one type of shark, and the great white shark definitely did not glow blue. However before Charlotte could continue with her train of thought she heard Ru mutter something. It wasn't that she could hear any words, just some vague sounds coming from her direction. Along with Charlotte's eyesight worsening her hearing got worse too, making her have to seriously concentrate on words to be able to make them out. 

With the Jerboa's unusual twitching and odd movements Charlotte grew worried, was there something else out there? Considering that there was a rhythmic sound that was coming from above, Charlotte began thinking that the bat that Ru told her about, albeit briefly, was there. That was when Eluscia, or more rather Ru, blurted out that it was definitely the bat. Her tail began waving from side to side with worry, making a visible cone shaped mark on the ground as the loose dirt was pushed away. Charlotte looked at Ru, who was preparing to dash off, with wide eyes, being absolutely blank on what she should do. Her short legs and bulky tail meant that Charlotte would have no chance of outrunning the thing that was above them, and she seriously doubted that she would be able to fend off a bat if she didn't even know how to control her own body. If the bat could fly and Charlotte could barely even walk then she had a much lower chance of fighting it.

Ru pushed her down to the ground, the long blades of grass blocking the view of them from above. It was all too much. The sudden encounter with another person like her, the girl acting all crazy and talking about people with magic powers, the bat, her own body... Charlotte was trembling. At hearing Ru tell Charlotte about how the bat could smell them out, Charlotte wondered if they could even escape the thing. Her mind wasn't thinking straight, from thinking what ways she could escape to how she could possibly die by a bat and to why on earth she even thought of coming to the rail yard. That was when it hit her, she was becoming more like the rambunctious girl in front of her already.

Trying not to let her thoughts consume her, Charlotte took a deep breath and exhaled, finding that that way always calmed her down. Slowly getting up from the ground, Charlotte crept towards the edge of the grass. It made small but noticeable rustles in the long grass, making noise that could be heard from some ways away. Charlotte knew she was making noise, but she wanted to make sure that if the bat thing did come and tried to pick her up, or whatever it would do, that she could make some attempt at escaping. She laid down by the edge of the grass, only the very tip of her snout poking out. The shark couldn't notice it though considering that her eyes were place so that she couldn't see directly in front of her snout.

.stonemain8{
}
hr.stonehr8 {
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

A small smile appeared upon her lips as he mentioned feeling human. "Well of course, nothing that you would be able to feel as been changed. At least not that we know of considering mostly your DNA was affected. I thought the same thing until my mind began to sense the mental presences of those around me via their brainwaves." Once he continued onto his daughter, she nodded. "I'll send a patrol out soon, however, be warned that we don't prefer going into the city as most of us have been pronounced dead. One can only be claimed missing for so long. If you ever wish to bring her here we would be more than happy to make accommodations seeing as we have received mages as young as three and much older."

As he finally got himself in order, leaned forward and look her directly in the eye, she didn't flinch but responded in the exact same manner. Holding his gaze without any difficulty. "Straight to the point are we? Good." With that she opened a drawer and removed a pen and what looked to be a blank file for something or one. "Now, I'd appreciate if you didn't move, heavily focus your thoughts, or scream. The more you resist, the more pain it will cause because you aren't trained to block me out." With that Kiraan forced her way into his mind. Unlike before where it had been a faint foreign sensation it now was more closely akin to a drill working through his skull. The more he fought, the tougher she was, sifting through memories and his subconscious and extracting the information she needed while recording it all and muttering it to herself. "Salim Vonmer... age thirty-eight, male... six feet...nine inches...one hundred and eighty nine pounds... alright." Finally receding from his mind, she gave her head a brief shake before setting the pen down. "Sorry about that, just made the process go a bit faster. Now, the only thing we need is to figure out you ability..."

Tags: 
@shadowz1995

The boxer closed his eyes and while it felt foreign and.....wrong, he allowed her to sift through his mind as best as he could. But the entire sensation felt off. Luckily for Salim, there is nothing in his mind that he wouldn't have told the archmage himself. 

She seemed rather insistent on doing it this way.

Once it was said and done, Salim breathed a sigh of relief. That was something he was going to need to get used to. 

"So how do we figure out the ability? Can you sift around for that too?"

@StoneWolf18

(SSorry for ghd short post. Im in a hurry right now)

.stonemain8{
}
hr.stonehr8 {
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

Kiraan visibly grimaced slightly as he asked about the next step, finding his ability. "Yes and no... She responded hesitantly. "Because yours isn't as apparent as others, meaning you aren't freezing everything you touch or are noticing something different about yourself, I am going to have to expose your body to an extremely stressful situation in which it will react naturally to by using its newfound power. You don't have to do this now, as most wait a day or so to prepare themselves so it is up to you if you would like to proceed..." Trailing off, she waited for his response, somehow knowing he wouldn't want to delay anything more than necessary.

Tags: 
@shadowz1995

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir Narset[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Adrenaline pumped through his veins, making him feel as if he was lit aflame; a burning sensation that sent waves of both panic and thrill through his body, spiking an animal-like nature.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As the Hybrid gave chase, Azir tried his best to weave and duck, to shake her off his tail, his breath labored. He panted from the exhaustion and looked up just long enough to see a living torpedo hooking into a dive and shooting straight at him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The next thing he knew, he felt contact at the same speed and pressure of a bullet on his body, and he lost his balance, a yelp of surprise and hurt wrenched from his throat as the bat-hybrid's claw-like hands found its mark on his shoulder blades, and tearing the skin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]A small scream of pain dragged from his windpipe, and on that moment, his heart missed two beats before it plummeted into the pit of his stomach.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]And the two went down against the earth, a pained groan and a hiss was heard. Her hands found its mark on his shoulders once more, keeping Azir firmly constricted, pinned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]A low, almost instinctive growl escaped his mouth before Azir bit his bottom lip; the reality of situation flooding back into his mind like a tidal wave of confusion and pain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Where her claws had connected, Azir didn't need to see the angry and red claw-like marks that ran down his flesh to know it existed. It stung, and both his leather jacket and T-shirt must have torn in the skirmish, no doubt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Rows of teeth and a set of cold grey eyes found his, and Azir glared back with the blue; trying his best to appear unfazed and unamused, yet it wasn't possible. A small wince of pain spilled from his lips once more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“H- Hide from you?” Azir questioned, attempting a weak and non-existence push on her weight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]    [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Azir's thoughts immediately went to the bag of coffee he had stolen from them a week back, and he certainly hoped she didn't have a good memory.[/SIZE]

@Vampunk @Petroshka

"That so....."

"Alright then. Don't hold back. I'm pretty damn tough so you are probably going to need to go the extra mile. Just have at it." 

The boxer's gaze was unflinching. There was no time to waste and they both knew that. For whatever reason, Salim trusted the attractive woman and his gut was usually never wrong. Still, the promise of a "highly stressful situation" that may or may not take a few days of preparation was not exactly a comforting thought. But if that was what was needed than it should be easier to do it when Salim's mind is suggestible, as it is now. 

At least, in theory. 

The reality could turn out to be much different but Salim didn't have the luxury of time. He needed to know his situation from top to bottom. That way, he could make informed decisions in what to do and how to do it. The boxer truly hated being in the dark and this time around he had no one to blame. Not even himself.

The thought of his daughter kept him steady and the promise of a challenge kept his mind straight. It was just another obstacle he needed to overcome. Nothing new. 

Let's do this.

"Alright Miss Kiraan. Whatever it is you need to do. Do it." 

The ex-pro locked eyes with the woman once again and nodded his head gravely. 

Then a joke came into his mind, "But don't go overboard either. I like the kinky stuff but I have a limit."

@StoneWolf18

.stonemain8{
}
hr.stonehr8 {
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

As the man confirmed her thoughts and made a small joke, she chuckled. "Oh please, it is still rather early and I am much to sober for something alone those lines." As she finished, a knock was at the door. Sighing she slowly stood from her chair, asking Salim to give her a moment as she exited. Thankfully, the ward worked both ways as a guard greeted her outside the door and spoke once it had shut. "Ma'dam Vahdin the most recent patrol has just returned!" Frowning, she was quick to snap a response. "That is why you interrupted me? What are you, an apprentice?" He shook his head, still all too eager to continue. "No miss, the managed to capture a hybrid alive!" This immediately interested her, curiosity flooding her tone and gaze as she asked "Well, where are they? Bring them here." He nodded, spun on his heel and raced off, only to have three others reappear a minute or so later, one of which. Roughly holding an unconscious figure before dropping them at her feet as if it were a sack of scavenged supplied rather than a living being. Glancing down at the creature, her eyes widened as if felt as if her heart was caught in her throat. Crouching down immediately, she had to confirm her fears. Sure enough, as she moved the hair out of the girl's face, it was none other than Alyx. Salim's daughter. Not much had been done to her, mind you. As she appeared to look better than some of the other hybrids with the only noticeable aspect being the addition of black felines ears that sat upon her head, a similar tail, and small elongated incisors within her slightly parted mouth. "Shall we take her to Master Copper for testing?" One of the guards ask which Kiraan quickly stated "No. Let me handle this one please."

Dismissing the guards, she took a slow breath, eyes not leaving the girl nor standing from her kneeling position. She couldn't stand the thought of the two being separated or worse as it only brought more thoughts of her and Mei to light. But if Salim were to ever learn about his powers... he needed to remain here.... Not all that sure what to do, she carefully tried to pick up the girl the best she could (it looking rather awkward) and she carefully opened the door, ignoring the man for the moment and lying his daughter on the small couch that was within the room. Moving back to the entrance and closing the door, she sighed once more. "It seems as if that bastard is taking an interest in family members... "

Tags: 
@shadowz1995

Syvannis was busy waiting until she heard a faint "thump" outside from where she just came from. looks like the thing went for the other guy. she shrugged and started walking away when she had a thought of how much benefit he would have to her. AFTER coming to the conclusion that he was all but useless so she started walking away. BUUTTT she realized she didnt know much of the landscape too well outside the order's territory. perhaps the hybrid man knew more of the land? She started walking back but more stealthily to see if the hybrid man was still alive juuuusst it case, of course she could probably find some other less aggressive hybrids but they are far in between and that hybrid man was about the friendliest one she had met so far despite the ambush and threatening thing that is. @Eternitycode @Vampunk

Meili Jin

Fire Embodiment

Meili stood in front of the smelter, holding out a hand. Or, what had once been a hand. Now, it was a flaming torch, intensely hot and perfect for the welding task she had been assigned. Moments like these were the only times she used her power on purpose. Otherwise, Mei preferred to keep it suppressed. It was just a mark of how utterly screwed up and broken she was. When it was useful to The Order, however, Mei was willing to use her fire. It didn't hurt her, not even a little. Mei often wondered why. After all, if this was a punishment from God, then shouldn't she be in more pain? Shouldn't she be suffering, tortured, made to feel regret for every transgression? Wasn't that how it worked? But still she could control flame, even turn into it, without pain. The only side effect was hunger, and that was easily managed. Nothing here seemed to make any sense. Mei had so many questions and so few answers, and no where to turn. Every time someone held out a hand to her, all she could think about was how much she could hurt them, and then they would eventually leave.

Copper entered the room and Mei jumped slightly, turning to look at him. She let her hand cool off, and held up the work she had done so far. As far as she could tell, it matched his specifications. Of course, melting metal together wasn't exactly rocket science. It would be difficult for her to screw up something so simple, especially when she could use her own hands to shape it just right.

"This all right?" Mei asked, moving towards Copper and the doorway. It was still open slightly and, through the crack, she saw movement and heard voices... Kiraan, walking with someone new. Someone Mei had never seen before. Kiraan sounded cheerful, a much different tone than the one that Mei usually heard, and she was saying something-

"How kind of you to say, although I would like to admit that I have a slight stronger preference for the same sex. "

But that was impossible. Mei couldn't have heard that right. It was wishful thinking, that was all. But why would her mind try and trick her into believing that? Why would she want Kiraan damned? Why did it even matter? It wasn't true, anyways. It wasn't possible, because Kiraan was good. She was everything Mei wasn't. Strong, and brave, and willing to reach out, and so sure of herself. How could they have anything in common? Especially something so... so wrong? It didn't make sense. None of it made any sense. This whole place was confusing her, making her forget what the real world was like. 

Without her noticing, Mei's body had begun to heat up. Her clothes were beginning to smoke and curl, and the flames on her hand had reignited. Still, her thoughts raced on, fear fighting hope. There was no way it was right, and she shouldn't want it to be. But maybe it was... But that would be bad. 

"I need to get some air," Mei gasped suddenly, dropping the metal she had been holding. She pushed past Copper and headed out into the hallway, the heat ratcheting up as she moved. The flames on her hand began to climb up her arm as she headed for one of the nearby exits, hoping to get out of the oppressive atmosphere of the Enclave. 

count the time until you're mine

they'll never know

oh, we'll compromise

the world outside just leaves us cold

[SIZE= 10px]@Archdemon @StoneWolf18[/SIZE]

Speechless.

That was word that described how Salim was feeling. 

"....Alyx....Oh god. Dios no por favor no. Que le hicieron a mi hija?!"

The boxer began to shake from the fury that was building in his breast. Salim would kill them! Whoever dared to lay on hand on his daughter! It didn't matter that she wasn't mutated very much or that she was unharmed. What mattered was that they DID lay their hands on her. That they dared to touch HIS daughter. 

"Where.is.the.FUCK who did this to my daughter? I swear on my entire family, I will end him myself! You can fuck with me all you want but mess with my daughter and I will have your damn head on a stick!" 

Salim's trembling body could barely manage to hold his daughter's hand. His anger overwhelming him. He turned and stomped his foot onto the ground. The boxer subconsciously caused a sonic shockwave throughout the room in his rage. "Where is that bastard? WHO is he?!" His voice was naturally loud but it was being amplified by his latent magic power. "I swear to GOD I'll make him pay!!" 

His body screamed out to hurt something. Someone. Anything, it didn't matter! The rage was uncontrollable.

"You said you need to awaken it right? Do whatever you have to do! I'lI do what you want but do not let this bastard get away with this. I won't allow it!"

Salim had quite literally never felt rage like this in his life. But because of it, his magical abilities awakened. 

@StoneWolf18

Copper just watched as Mei left, immensely heated about something. With that the metal she worked upon fell to the floor bit it was what he needed. He picked it up and placed it with the others, they were getting closer for the expansion. But then his attention was drawn to something else, the sounds of rushing feet and when he walked out the door he saw it, a group of mages carrying a hybrid.

Copper rushed after them but they made it to the archmage first and quickly the door closed. Frantically he knocked "Archmage Kiraan! Please open the door! Let me examine the Hybrid, I know they're in there! This is extraordinary and I need to make sure that she isn't hurt or damaged." He cared not if they could hear him but this was a once in a lifetime chance for everyone. If he could examine the hybrid he might be able to know more about the genetic process they all went through. After she awakens of course.

@StoneWolf18 @shadowz1995

.stonemain8{
}
hr.stonehr8 {
}
.stoneimage8{

}
.stonebox8{
}

The woman was oblivious of Mei leaving the building as Salim began to yell. Kiraan couldn't risk entering his mind or go deaf for the rest of the day considering how loud his thoughts would be. Yet as she tried to open her mouth, his foot came down and the shockwave caught her off guard. Most items in the room shook violently in response with herself stumbling back but managing to keep a hold on the wall to remain on her feat. "Salim!" She cried, although her words were quickly sucked out of her mouth not making any difference. Slowly moving towards him, she winced as the man's voice was reaching dangerous levels, her ears ringing almost as violently as his current outburst. Seeing no other way to get through to him, she forced her way into his mind, his thoughts combined with his current volumes... it wasn't safe in the slightest. But she managed to push through and located his auditory cortex, the part of his brain overcharged many times over the normal limit. Once she managed to force it back to its normal dormant state, she pulled herself out of her mind. Blood slowly dripped from her ears as all sound was nonexistent. Cursing, albeit not being able to hear it, she leaned back heavily upon her desk with a more dazed than angered expression upon her face. Reaching out carefully with her mind, a migraine having wrapped it within a cruel shroud, she spoke to him. It clear within her tone what she was feeling at the moment. 'Based upon my lack of eardrums... I believe it is safe to say that you are able to manipulate sound.'

Waiting for a response as Copper knocked upon the door, she reached out to him as well. 'No. Not right now at least... But please, go and retrieve something that could hopefully fix hearing loss.'

Eluscia was on edge in every way, her instincts creaming at her to bolt for it….. that's what small rodents did after all, especially after a winged beast attacked someone only a few meters from where the lay hidden, she'd heard the thump and rolling of the two making contact, her hers perking up and eyes widening in suspicion, now was her chance, now was the time to run whilst the bat had already captured the first of her prey and was distracted. But- what about the newcomer? 'Ah! She'll be fine~ She's a shark shark after all, sharks can just eat people, right?~…..' she thought to herself, shrugging a little as she watched the small girl creep closer to the predator at the edge of the grass, the rustling of the plants causing the jerboa to become even more uneasy, "Noise bad! Noise mean grumpy bat come bite!?" She hissed quietly after the girl, if the foolish thing were going to just end up getting Ru caught she couldn't stay any longer….. The girl would be fine. The bat hadn't seen her before, Eluscia had been caught- well, lets just say one to many times roaming into the packs territory. 

It wasn't a moment later that the girl bounced up and made a break for it, her feet only making contact with the ground for a split second with each bound forward, hardly any noise being produced besides the small rustling of grass, much less in fact than what had been produced by the shark girl by moving through it slowly. Her tail swaying around behind her as she sprinted, keeping balance as her speed continued to increase an the distance between the predator and prey grew further and further. Eluscia's vision remained blurred during the now even brighter sun as it had managed to properly come up from over the horizon, she was relying almost completely on her sense of smell, but even that could let her down as the adrenaline pumped through her body and her already insane mind wandered off to this and that.

It wasn't much longer that she came to a halt, her whiskers twitching. Something in the air had changed, a scent no longer of the animal hybrids but instead of their more human counterparts, "Magical people….." She hissed under her breath, after having seen one of the hybrids being literally set alight by one of them she'd become much more cautious around this area of 'her playground' Her feet made slight skid marks in the dirt after having halted, her ears swivelling around in search of some sort of noise, anything that would allude to where exactly she was, a much clearer area than that of the hybrids hunting ground, that was for sure. The smell of rust and dirty water less prominent and instead replaced by the slight scent of proper food supplies and some sort of odd tingling one. As the adrenaline in her body began to calm and her more animalistic instincts came back to that of her usual crazy mind her once alert and concerned thoughts vanished back into the basic ones of playtime and innocence.

"Something new, something strange, something nice to eat today!~…." She mumbled out in some sort of sing-song tune, waltzing along with arms extended like pretending to be a plane, crouching down once again as she smirked and giggled, Her attention being caught by yet another shiny object- you could say they were somewhat a weakness of hers. She scurried over and picked up the reflective piece of metal, beginning to pull faces into it and laughing rather historically at herself, "Shiny fun!~ Pretty, pretty shiny~" She muttered as she continued to be distracted by the rather basic object.

@Cheryl @(Anyone in the order currently available? Maybe even an NPC of some sort? @StoneWolf18 )

Copper sighed and left for his lab, he grabbed many different things and placed them all with in a large case. He returned to the door and testing to see if it was locked he turned the doorknob and found it unlocked. He then opened the door and went to the Archmage opening his case on the desk. He looked at Salim, his mask hiding whatever facial expression was on his face. He then saw the hybrid but helping the archmage comes first.

He began his procedure by checking the insides of her ears. "What happened? What caused such damage?"

He checked the other ear, the damage was pretty bad but repairable. He took out a syringe and a bottle, he struck the needle through the cork and the syringe was filled with a red liquid. "This will hurt but it will repair the damage, but I cannot say if it will repair your hearing fully."

He then injected the needle in her ears and pumped the fluid inside where the needle poked through the body.

"I shall examine the Hybrid for any injuries and make sure she's treated for them."

After that he began looking at The Hybrid and checking various things such as illness, damages, whether she was alive, general things.

@StoneWolf18 @shadowz1995

Users who are viewing this thread

Back