Other The Quote Boate! What're Your Quotes?

"The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is - whichever is greater - it obtains a difference or deviation. The guidance subsystem uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position that it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is is now the position that it wasn't, and if follows that the position that it was is now the position that it isn't. In the event that the position that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has acquired a variation. The variation being the difference between where the missile is and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was. The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows: Because a variation has modified some of the information that the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it know where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice versa. And by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called error."

- an Ancient Copypasta

"You don't put your past in your pocket; you have to have a house. I have only my body: a man entirely alone, with his lonely body, cannot indulge in memories; they pass through him. I shouldn't complain: all I wanted was to be free."
- Jean-Paul Sartre in Nausea

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf, the fellowship of the ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

"Men will always try to cheat others of their rightful due. In this faithless world, each must remain vigilant of his own rights." -Pitiless Lord Personality, Mount & Blade

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
- Mark Vonnegut

"THERE ARE NO INNOCENTS! Not anymore! Any one of them could have said "No, we won't act like animals anymore!"

-Vlad Dracula Tepes, Castlevania

"Ey bro watch yo jet. Watch yo jet bro waTCH YO JET!!-"
-An ancient GTA V video

“We all fear death and question our place in the universe. The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.”
- Gertrude Stein in Midnight in Paris (2011)

"My dear, adorable retainers! I owe my luxury to you. I do nothing but sip fizzy nectar beverages all day long. Only your loyalty is sweeter to me. Thinking of you both... Camilla. And PS, my dearest ones, I have gifts for both of you."

- Camilla's letter in FE Fates, Beach Brawl DLC

“The wonder is, not that the field of stars is so vast, but that man has measured it.” ― Anatole France

"I saw him wearin Supreme and you know I had to do it to 'em" - Sephiroth

"Then we will have a battle that will pit Nohr against Hoshido."

"And brother against brother! Sister against sister! As well as—what horror—sister against brother!"

- Xander and Ryoma in FE Fates, Beach Brawl DLC

"This is a bad time, show us the way. And if you can't show us the way, then forgive us for being lost."
-Sweet Pea from the movie Babyboy

“Normality is a paved road. It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.”
-Vincent Van Gogh

"Who’s feeling weary and having a hard day, so you don’t want to do anything? … Me." - Uramichi-oniisan

This quote is a whole mood

M. Gustave: [after seeing police at reception] Have you ever been questioned by the authorities?

Zero: Yes, on one occasion - I was arrested and tortured by the rebel militia after the Desert Uprising.

M. Gustave: Well, you know the drill, then; zip it!

-Grand Budapest Hotel

"Careful, love. Prices aren't the only things I can cut in half!"

- Anna in FE Awakening

"People can be hostile and toxic. Admins can get mad for you simply replying to a thread rp. But you just have to be strong, look deep within yourself and pull out your own positivity you have within yourself when everyone tries to get you down. When someone only wants to simply rp and it's a war to do so no matter how nice and positive you are."

“We are not broken things, neither of us. We are cracked pottery mended with laquer and flakes of gold, whole as we are, complete unto each other. Complete and worthy and so very loved.”

― Mackenzi Lee, The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back