• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Quimby~ space adventures an shit what else you want

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.jpg
The QS168Quimby, or Quimby for short. State of the art space ship with a quantum drive engine classed as a mid sized explorer vessel, with over 200 crew members keeping it up an running. What can i say about her except It's fast, reliable, versatile, and downright deadly in the right hands. Hopefully your attached to those hands.
The Quimby is apart of the Planetary Union's fleet, a union ship performing a variety of duties whilst mapping unknown parts in a variety of quadrants in space.

20220611_084344.jpg
It was the Quimby that came across the derelict "Bio-vessel" adrift in space with none at the helm. A team managed to find entry onboard this planet sized ship and from there began to investigate what this large vessel is for and how it came to be abandoned.
"well main and secondary power has been offline for decades, that's why we had to open it up manually and why the engines, communication etc is down. The emergency power is being drained maintaining that lil bio world inside. Artificial Gravity and the Dark matter storms being the big suckers...I don't think these poor fools know their on a space ship... captain, I think this was some sort of old Grey experiment. Scans are picking up multiple lifeforms inside including Humans, Moklans, Salians, Reptisi... They don't know they live on a ship I bet."

The chief officer of science and engineering onboard the Quimby was amazed and disgusted by what they had found. The technology made by the Grey's has worked for maybe a thousand years, long after the Grey alien bastards left or died. The original purpose of this ship can only be speculated on. Without the Grey's to run it however... This essentially became a prison planet left to drift in space via inertia. The various lifeforms inside born from ancestors who were abducted a long time ago. The inhabitants of the bio world have been altered genetically and from adapting to harsh conditions over generations. They have a rudimentary understanding of their own situation at best and no clue of the galaxy outside... oddly enough English is the common language.
"I can turn off the storms, lower the gravity to something acceptable and open the sunroof on these poor souls. That'll probably get them to believe what we have to say."
John Forter made it happen, and those on board the Bio vessel saw the stars for the first time...
20220611_085247.png
It took a few months but relocation of the imprisoned lifeforms have been handled by the Planetary Union. After a specialized training course, many are taken to their original home world where they can opt for surgical means to return to what their species considers normal.

However some prefer to stay altered...
Thanks to Grey science and generations of living under dark matter storms and intense gravity, lifeforms from the bio vessel are considered "super" by most standards. On a planet or ship with regular gravity the altered lifeforms can perform baffling physical feats and even showcase abilities that should not be possible.
(Basically space magic, telekinesis... force lightning... gravity singularities etc)

The union has decided to allow the altered lifeforms (those who want to) to join the fleet, "just a trial run" is how the big wigs have put it. Who doesn't want super soldiers right? Well... alot of the names and faces honestly.
Not like these altered folk have had union training like the rest of us. Takes a human on average 20 years of study and training sometimes more to be considered space worthy.
But a Altered human? If they wanna play space cadet they get fast tracked onto a ship because they can shoot electricity or easily lift more than three hundred kgs... It's a subject of debate, though seeing as the Quimby was the first spaceship to make contact with the bio vessel, many of the altered lifeforms have been assigned on board the Quimby to complete their training/apply their talents. Helps the process to have familiar faces about...
======================

This rp will mainly focus on the crew running the Quimby. If you want to make a character they would be...
A altered lifeform finishing their training onboard the Quimby to become a member of the crew...
or
A crew member of the Quimby, someone with rank on board the ship.
You don't need to make a important character but I'd prefer you do. Some examples of ranks on a starship is..

The capain of the ship, (the one who runs the show)
commanding officers (only two of them, one of them is in charge when captain isn't)
Chief officer is the head of the department. (Chief medical officer, Chief science officer, Chief security officer)
There are other roles on board the ship such as pilots, soldiers, cleaners but the ones with rank are above.

Hoping for six or seven people making a character or two each, posting two paragraphs or more once a week at a minimum.
Ask questions or show enthusiasm below.
===================================
My main inspiration for a space opera is the Orville, however I don't know enough about that IP or feel comfortable making a story that works in that universe. I like having more fantasy elements in it I suppose, I plan to recycle some old plots of mine which were set in space for this RP so you can expect some similarities to borderlands or star wars in terms of exploration, tones, the fact most races choose to speak English.

An alternate version of this RP would be about a smaller ship made up mainly of bounty hunters and pirates, they find the "Grey bio vessel" and these altered lifeforms. The captain deciding to train some of the altered into members of the crew due to their super abilities.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'll get the six or seven players the check originally asked for but I'll start this up with three or four instead.

While we wait you got any questions?

I don't know if I'll get the six or seven players the check originally asked for but I'll start this up with three or four instead.

While we wait you got any questions?
I see. As of now I don’t have any questions, I’ll let you know when I do.

I'd like to join!
I would like to participate
I see. As of now I don’t have any questions, I’ll let you know when I do.
I made the cs page. My character may take a bit as I have some shit to deal with lol

Im ok with alien species so long as they can communicate and fit in a spaceship like most humanoid races.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back