• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Quest for More Money (DND 5E)

Error 420

One Thousand Club
The campaign will revolve around you, amateur bounty hunters, as you hunt criminals, slay monsters, and join the ranks of a mysterious organization. It will not be very lore-heavy, and it will be light-hearted, so have fun with your characters.

If you've never played: I can help you make a character sheet and explain how to play. It's very simple.

If you have played before, all classes and races in official books are allowed, you'll start at level one. Stat rolls are 4 d6, take out the lowest roll. The Forgotten Realms pantheon is allowed.

If you've played DND but not fifth edition, it's incredibly simple, you'll get it as you go along. Main difference is the addition of spell slots and cantrips, which are explained in the player's handbook.

Here is the link to the player's handbook. If you choose to do things outside of the player's handbook, then you have to do it on your own.

Remember, this is supposed to be a chill, fun game. Don't be worried about gaming experience or finding time to RP.

May you see your enemies driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.
-with love, Director Nottingham.

(You don't have to make a character right now, but it is advised. )

Last edited:
Yea, iv heard of DND before, but don't know a thing about it, so where do I start? (Iv actually really been interested in learning about it, but I'm kinda lazy when it comes to researching broad topics online, and the groups at my school for ppl who know their shit).

Yea, iv heard of DND before, but don't know a thing about it, so where do I start? (Iv actually really been interested in learning about it, but I'm kinda lazy when it comes to researching broad topics online, and the groups at my school for ppl who know their shit).

The most important thing is dice. You roll dice to do everything.

Firstly, you make a character. If you've ever played an RPG, it's pretty simple. You have six stats and a few skills you use. There's classes like wizard, fighter, barbarian, ect. and races like humans, dwarves, and elves. There's armor, spells, weapons, powers, abilities, ect.

Next, in game, you interact with other players and the Dungeon Master (me), who is basically the god of this world. When you want to do something to interact with the environment, you roll a d20 against your skill. So, if you wanted to climb a brick wall, you would roll a 20-sided die to see if you succeed. A 1 is a critical failure, a 20 is a critical success.

Combat works in turns. On your turn, you can move up to your speed and do one action, do one action, move double your speed, or do one of those and talk. An action includes an attack, a spell, using an item, and interacting with something.

If you want, I could help you build a character through PM's.

The most important thing is dice. You roll dice to do everything.

Firstly, you make a character. If you've ever played an RPG, it's pretty simple. You have six stats and a few skills you use. There's classes like wizard, fighter, barbarian, ect. and races like humans, dwarves, and elves. There's armor, spells, weapons, powers, abilities, ect.

Next, in game, you interact with other players and the Dungeon Master (me), who is basically the god of this world. When you want to do something to interact with the environment, you roll a d20 against your skill. So, if you wanted to climb a brick wall, you would roll a 20-sided die to see if you succeed. A 1 is a critical failure, a 20 is a critical success.

Combat works in turns. On your turn, you can move up to your speed and do one action, do one action, move double your speed, or do one of those and talk. An action includes an attack, a spell, using an item, and interacting with something.

If you want, I could help you build a character through PM's.
Wow, this is actually pretty useful, thank you. If you know a site where I can look deeper into these characters, races, stats, ect, that would be helpful though.

Hey I’m relatively new to DnD but I did play in one short real life campaign as a Dragonborn Paladin. I would like to try playing in a simple kill for gold adventure as the last one I was in was very lore heavy. I’m thinking of playing a surly Dwarf Fighter for this if you’ll have me.

Hey I’m relatively new to DnD but I did play in one short real life campaign as a Dragonborn Paladin. I would like to try playing in a simple kill for gold adventure as the last one I was in was very lore heavy. I’m thinking of playing a surly Dwarf Fighter for this if you’ll have me.

Sounds good. Here's where you post your CS, as well as a few resources, including pre-built character sheets.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back