• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Quest for Domina -medieval fantasy interest check-

Mikotsuhime

Nonbinary Forest Hermit
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The continent of Embra has, historically, been a peaceful place. With varied geography, it naturally split into three main kingdoms at the dawn of its creation, and since then trade and relations between the three have been solid. That is, until a decade ago, when a fishing boat from the coastal country of Devlan was caught in a storm, and ended up happening upon a large island that, previously, none had known to exist. Hidden from the coast by magic, the island seemed to have a thriving population and culture, however when the fishing boat tried to approach, it was harshly turned away. Returning to Devlan, the fishing boat’s crew reported what they had seen to their local lord, who in turn reported to the king. The king, a man who prided himself on his honesty, told of the mysterious place - clearly rich in both natural and magical resources - to the other two kingdoms.

Now, at this point in time, while relations between the three kingdoms were still good, each of the three were having troubles of their own. Devlan’s waters had been overfished, and they were running out of resources to expand their industry. The mountainous Kur region, once known for their many exports of fine ore and jewelry products, was running out of useable ore in their mines, leaving them without exports, and thus in a financial crisis. The inland kingdom of Fier, with the strongest military power of the three and the most resources, meanwhile has been dealing with civil unrest, due to many believing that their king and his harsh taxes were unfair.

The appearance of the island represented a solution to all three problems: if its resources could be tapped, all three kingdoms would have more than enough bounty to sustain them, and all thoughts of rebellion would be otherwise ceased, or so it was believed. However the island was well protected, both magically and by brute force, and all attempts to breach its perimeter failed. Any time a king or lord tried to reach out to the island’s people, they were ignored, and the state in the three kingdoms deteriorated until, ten years after first contact, at the annual summit between the three kingdoms, a messenger hawk arrived with a letter stating that, for the first time, the island of Domina would be attending their meeting.

Nobody knows what to expect, but all three kingdoms are in an uproar over the news.

~~

This will be a medieval fantasy rp, which means magic and fantasy races are allowed, just keep it within reason. I’ll be playing the representatives from Domina island, so all three other kingdoms are open for representatives to the summit. It could be royalty, knights, adventurers and ordinary people who have come to voice their worries, whatever you want to play. Your characters don’t even necessarily NEED to be from the continent of Embra, but foreign characters should have a reason for being there.

In terms of rules I would prefer this to be a literate role play, with people able to reply at least once a week. Preferably replies would be daily or so, but I understand not everyone can do that. I’d prefer no more than five or six players, because otherwise it gets quite hectic. This is my first time actually trying to start a rp here instead of continuing from offsite so I’m a bit nervous, haha. But since I finally have the time and energy to reply more frequently I hope this can get off the ground!

UM YES

I have a host of AUs for my two faves, and I’m kinda wanting to try one of them out. Could I take the position of the general of Fier, a captain, and the captain’s annoying shadow/diplomat from the vampire population of Fier? :D
And how do you feel about dragons in this particular setting?

As for dragons, they’re welcome. I totally missed that part, lol. I imagine they’re somewhat rare though, not something one usually sees around town, but they’re definitely present and seeing one at the summit would not be overly odd.

That sounds good, did you have a particular kingdom in mind?

That sounds great. Now we just need representatives for the other two kingdoms.

In terms of magic, I’m basically leaving it up to everyone. Elemental magic, mild clairvoyance, aura reading and that sort of thing are welcome. Non humans have more powerful magic and could have different abilities (my characters can shapeshift as an ability of their species, for example) but I really want this to be as open ended as possible.

In terms of magic, I’m basically leaving it up to everyone. Elemental magic, mild clairvoyance, aura reading and that sort of thing are welcome. Non humans have more powerful magic and could have different abilities (my characters can shapeshift as an ability of their species, for example) but I really want this to be as open ended as possible.
Neato

Yes, magical objects are a thing here. Like I said, I want to keep this open ended, so pretty much any ideas you have character wise, as long as it would fit into a typical medieval fantasy setting would work.

Okay, cool! I have a character in mind that I would love to throw in--though they would have to be a foreigner--but I can also make character to fill in the role of an adviser from Kur.

That sounds great! Once we get one or two more people I think we’ll be ready to start.

I do have a question about character sheets, though. I don’t usually use them, but I noticed that they’re kind of the norm on here. Would everyone prefer to have a character sheet thread put up or should we go without? I can make some up for my characters if that would be easiest on everyone.

That sounds great! Once we get one or two more people I think we’ll be ready to start.

I do have a question about character sheets, though. I don’t usually use them, but I noticed that they’re kind of the norm on here. Would everyone prefer to have a character sheet thread put up or should we go without? I can make some up for my characters if that would be easiest on everyone.
I think it would have a good idea to have character sheets, even basic ones. It would probably make it a little easier to establish our characters, and Lord behind them that other character may know, etc, etc.

Ok, that sounds good then. I’ll try to set up a character sheet thread later tonight.

So far I believe we have a queen of Fier, Fier’s general, a Fieran captain and diplomat, an foreigner, a representative of Kur and three representatives of Domina. We still have room and need at least one representative of Devlan.

Mm, well i don't really *know* anything about Devlan or a whole lot about Kur. Would the 'King' of Fier be available since there seems to be some activity in there?

I don’t mind, but you’d have to talk to FireMaiden FireMaiden as they’re playing the queen of Fier and how your characters could be related.

As for knowing things, like I said, this is open ended. I wanted to leave it vague enough for each representative to make up their own lore and backstory and whatnot without restricting things too much. I don’t really have in depth lore about any of the countries except for Domina itself, which I want to reveal over the course of the rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back