• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Quest | 2 Characters Each | Detailed Only | Fantasy Driven

NeonRain

Galactic Princess
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This is going to be a long one, so strap in!

For starters this is a roleplay I made to follow along a story I made for D&D a while ago. The world is still being fleshed out but most of it is there, the basics are definitely there. I just like using this world for roleplaying because I find the story to be a world of fun.

Now, this world is fantasy, obviously, but it redefines a lot of things. So be prepared with notes to jot down questions. I will answer all of them I promise.

Now even though I wrote this for D&D then turned it to roleplay, I just want to let you know we won’t be doing any dice rolls. It’s all normal roleplay, but will be as magical and whimsical as D&D with fighting and talking to NPCs. So, if you’re still interested, let’s get on with it shall we?

The Quest
Strangers to each other, a prophecy untold, a ritual planned for eons and these young soon-to-be heroes stumbled upon the most dangerous quest they will ever face. The ritual the strangers stumbled upon was one of many to come. An unknown man in an old set of robes awoke an ancient evil by breaking open the seals on a protective statue that has stood dormant for millennia on a mound known as the tomb of chaos. This tomb held one of several old gods, who wreaked havoc on their followers and toyed with them, treated them as little more than game. With little choice, these strangers must build bonds of friendship and trust one another to defeat an ancient evil, set to rise from their very ashes and destroy all they know and love, in just three years time. Can they do it?

Now, so long as your still interested, I would like to mention I only intend 4 people plus myself to be playing, to keep things relatively simple. This means 5 people, two characters each. 10 characters. Romances are optional, Death might happen. Who knows. It’s a Quest after all, not everyone lives on dangerous adventures! Well, they might. Who knows, it’s a roleplay!

Please don’t join if you aren’t sure you can post by the requested date. The date to post will be the 24th of August. That’s a week-ish of time to post.

Please feel free to ask me any and all questions you have regarding the roleplay :)

Playable Species & their Kingdom Names;
Human Kingdoms 3
Cheizbel
Palfirth
Nacalmaria

Hefflings 1
Kozsenknok

Sun Elves 2
Dunfar
Esthelliam

Moon Elves 1 - underground
Lullor

Wood Elf 2
Braekirk
Hartle

Surface 1
Arcwort

Mountain 4 - underground
Taverbram
Aylesrye
Laepin
Murkwaeis

Almíaz - Bipedal Lizard People 4
Tergeron Keep
Ormeige
Whytefin
Cappaguar

Da"Almíoz - Bipedal Draconic Lizard People 6
Auctmawr
Fire Port
Swivernforn
Ohen's Pass
Égetmoyasu
Scorchborne

Harpy 3
Pine nest
Vo'gelárbore
Phedarlokk

Fairies 1
Pshyersott

Orcs 3
MarrowSnap Valley
Skull'sCry
RedRiver City

Centaurs 1
Buckwhickle
Satyr 0 - live amongst Centaurs

17FCA3EE-26ED-4B4E-9EC0-83FF73B7965A.png

Now I don’t expect you to select a species and home kingdom with no knowledge of such. So, just ask for the descriptions of whatever piques your interest. And if you happen to want a pet I can tell you what’s available for that species and your born kingdom! :)

Also, since it is still D&D-esk, you will be asked to provide a class. Don’t worry though, it’s just so we know the basics of how you fight! :)

Anyone interested at all? I know this was quite long 😅

I don’t know much about dnd but a fantasy world I don’t control sounds fun.

I guess how magic or racial abilities work.
Is it like avatar and each person is suited to one thing? Or more a “anyone can learn anything with time and effort”

Do we make up our own class and give a description of how said character fights or do we need to make them specific to a game or source of media, dnd or Skyrim for example.

Is the 1x1 plot the same as the group one?

I'm curious what the size differences between the races are, and if there are significant difference between kingdoms.

NeonFlow NeonFlow
Magic isn’t race specific per-say, it’s just uncommon to find a magic user in other species other than ones that have strong magical ties. Those species with strong magical ties being the Sun Elves, Fairies, Hefflings, Da”Almíoz, and Satyrs. It isn’t unheard of for those outside of these species to wield magic, so don’t worry about sticking to the list, just don’t expect finding them too often in rp. As for how strong of a magic user they would be, they’d have to learn from an experienced magic wielder or through trial and error on their own. Most of the experienced magic users are in Kozsenknok, Dunfar, Esthelliam, and Pshyersott. It’s rather difficult to reach any of these cities, the last being the most difficult as finding the place let alone getting in is very unlikely. The Sun Elves don’t mind Company, and welcome travelers, though Harpies would be wise to avoid Dunfar as those Sun Elves regularly partake in eating Harpies. The hefflings are known for taking in all magic users for proper training, at least the basics.

As for specific species being suited better for certain classes... while the build of the larger and more broader species suggest they may be a warrior, and the more lanky and lithe species to be rogues, they don’t have to be those classes if they chose not to be, it’s just the majority of that species might be that class because it fits their lifestyle better. Moon Elves and Harpies are usually more skilled with daggers and bows than with large weapons. And the dragon kin and lizard kin people along with Orcs have larger builds and might do better with warrior class training. It would be more difficult Forbes them to be a rouge but doable.

As for the classes, the standard Warrior, Rogue, Mage will do fin you don’t want to go farther. The class list is Mage/Wizard(Separated by how much magic thy know and what kind), Rogues(and their subclasses), and Warriors(and their subclasses).

The subclasses Of Mage/Wizard;
High Wizard - Top tier, can’t know any more
Apprentice Wizard - High Wizard in training
High Cleric - Top tier healing mage, only knows healing magic
Cleric - Knows healing magic but not all of it
Apprentice Cleric - Knows very little healing magic
Blood Wizard - High Wizard who dedicates themselves to dark arts such as necromancy and blood magic
Blood Mage - Knows the basics of Blood Magic
Mage - Knows the basics to magic
Mageling- Has magic abilities, cannot control not wield it properly yet

Necromancy and Blood Magic is frowned upon but not unheard of in use

Rogue subclasses;
Bard - Usually doesn’t use weapons but songs songs, uses a dagger if necessary, good with talking to people.
Duel Dagger - Duel wields daggers, usually very flexible
Marksman - uses Bows and Arrows, usually has extremely well precision
Novice - Hasn’t figured out if is better at daggers or bows. Decided both, is mediocre at both.

Warrior subclasses;
Berserker - the more injuries they take, the angrier they get, the harder they hit.
Sword and Sheild - proficient with a one handed weapon and shield
Two handed - good with two handed weapons like large hammers and claymores

If you think of any other subclasses feel free to ask and add them XD these are just the ones I can think up rn

And the 1x1 plot is basically the same, yes. The only difference is I specify there’s four strangers total rather than leaving an open number.

~~~~

pinnasina pinnasina Would you like me to elaborate more on both species? They’re quite interesting in their own respect XD

~~~~

ApfelSeine ApfelSeine There are some pretty big size differences. The hefflings are between 3' and 5'10" depending on sub-species. All Elves, Mermaids, and Sirens stand between 7' and 8' tall. Dwarves are 4'5" - 4'11". Almíaz are 9'-10' tall, Da"Almíoz sand between 10’ and 12’. Harpies stand between 4'10" - 5'7". Fairies stand between 2'8" - 3'0 tall, Sprites are usually no bigger than 4” tall. Orcs stand between 7’ and 9’. Goblins are 9’. Centuars are mesured to their horse shoulders like a normal horse and are usually as tall as a Thoroughbred. Satyrs stand between 3'6" and 4'.

Im definitely into learning more about the two yes!!! Particularly interested in the state of their economy and social structures!!!

Da"Almíoz - Bipedal draconic lizard people with long tapered tails that are taller than their brethren the Almíaz, standing between 10’ and 12’ tall. Unlike their brethren, the Da"Almíoz have up to three sets of large horns on their heads and large claws on their feet and hands that resemble that of dragon talons. Their teeth are bigger than their Lizard brothers, and their scales less flashy. The Da"Almíoz have a special talent that sets them apart from the Almíaz, they can breathe one of three elements, Electricity, Fire, or Ice. By breathe of course I mean shoot it from their mouths. In special noble blooded occasions, one can be born bearing the power of two of the elements. Depending on what kingdom they are from they may be sensitive to heat but be able to withstand extreme cold, or they could be sensitive to the cold but withstand extreme heat. Depending on the element they breathe and what kingdom they reign from they have different colored scales. From colder kingdomes and breathing ice, they have colder colors - blues, whites, and purples. From hotter kingdomes and breathing fire they have warmer colors - reds, pinks, blacks, oranges, and yellows. And if they breathe lightning and live in a mid temperature climate, they have more earthy tones - Browns, Greens, and Greys. Their eye colors have no limits besides that they are all one singular color. The Da"Almíoz have a pair of large back-mounted webbed wings, and very seldom do they decorate their bodies with furs. Most of the Da"Almíoz are very strong even if they do not show it physically.

Orcs- Blood Thirsty savages is what they're made out to be, now while its mostly true one of three kingdoms of Orcs is an actual settlement with buildings. Whereas the other two are still mostly small tribe like homes that wage war on each other for looking the wrong way. Orcs stand between 7' and 9' tall, they're faces are similar to dwarven and elven faces, they are wide and round or square like a dwarf but they are sculpted like elves. Their skin is earth-toned, green and grey sometimes brown and often dim in color. They have tusks like a hog that jut out from their bottom lip but they have no overbite, some of them even look pretty. They see women warriors as strong and dependable, they respect any woman who wields and sword or weapon of any kind. They dislike Magic and love bloodbaths, but they aren't stupid, they know when the bloodshed isn't needed. They have pointed ears similar to Wood Elf ears but not as curved upright. They have full heads of hair commonly but once they reach the fighting age of 14 they usually either shave it all off, cut it short, or take the risk of leaving it long. The Orcs are a woman run society, the men pamper their women when they need it and they are tormented in public if they hit their lover. They have strict social standards regarding the proper treatment of one's lover and of women in general. All Orcs celebrate the holiday known as "Sacrifice Day", the other species that may celebrate it use it as a day to sacrifice something you truly love to someone you care deeply for, whereas the Orcs know the day to be about slaughtering a hard to kill beast and bringing the liver to their most loved. They do not often discriminate on cross-species mating.

ApfelSeine ApfelSeine I just realized I didn’t answer your second question. My bad ^_^

The difference in kingdom sizes depend on species and location. For Sun Elves for example Esthelliam Ian larger than their sister city Dunfar, and the Moon Elf kingdom is larger than Esthelliam but is underground ^^’

I’m interested! Would love to hear more about the three different elf species.

ashwynne ashwynne

Sun Elf - Live on spires of enchanted crystal and marble that float on clouds thanks to the magic of the "mother tree". Their whole society is built on being comfortable naked, having long colorful hair that is usually multicolored or white. Their skin is usually bronze, pale bronze, light gold, or a soft brown color with no markings of any kind on their skin, the sun elves also are known for their beautifully chrome colored eyes that reflect the sky if a noble or if not Nobility their eyes are two or three tone gradient in color. The most clothes Sun Elves usually wear is their "day robe", a thin and nearly transparent white robe that does little to help hide their bodies. Unlike their cousins, the Sun Elves have long ears that taper from the sides of their head outward up to 2' at their longest and 1' at their shortest. Due to living in the clouds they have poor eyesight in dim and dark lighting. Their diets consist of primarily Avian meat, dairy that is produced from dragon milk from the Moogan (a short and furry dragon subspecies that produces thick sweet tasting milk), lots of alcohol, and very little bread and fruits. Most ground-dwelling mammals and foods are completely foreign, even water is foreign to them. The Sun Elves hate Moon Elves with a passion, but the only thing they can agree on is that they both hate Wood Elves. Sun Elves know three languages depending on their birth kingdom, Chirp-Speak (Harpy), Common, Elevhann, and due to living in the clouds and interacting with several sub-species of dragons, they can also speak to dragons. Much like their cousin sub-species they also are sent out from their warm home to complete a right of passage into adulthood. Both require that the young elf return only when they find something of use to their birth home.

Moon Elf - Live underground for most of their lives, their homes are carved from stone and they don't use any lighting of any kind. Due to living in complete darkness they have special blindfolds that are put on when around any source of light as to protect their eyes. The blindfolds block out harmful lights but allow them to see. Unlike their cousin sub-species, the Moon Elves have very grey skin, it's very pale and easy to burn in the light, their hair is long and often curly whereas Sun-Elves usually have straight hair or loose curls. They have Blood colored, Dark maroon, or Black eyes if noble. They often decorate their bodies with colorful markings that symbolize their triumphs and happiest memories and even their darkest memories. Their ears are shorter than their sky dwelling cousins, they sit more upright and curve downward at the tip, they are less tapered and grow about six inches in length. Unlike Sun Elves, Moon Elves dress in layers. They have five layers total, Undergarments, Silks, Light Leathers, Heavy Leathers, and then their Satin Cloaks. Their leather clothing is created to have many straps, fit tightly to their bodies, and keep them warm underground. They often dress in dark browns and blacks, or dark blues and reds, they do not often take well to bright colors. They dress chin to feet in thick clothing, they even wear gloves. The only bit of skin that usually shows is their face, and even then most opt to wear masks of sorts. They see showing skin as blasphemy - whereas their cousins the Sun Elves see it as the complete opposite, to hide your skin is blasphemy. Moon Elves have a diet of reptiles and rodents, large bugs, root vegetables, and water as their only drink. Alcohol, Mammals, Birds, and most of everything above ground is completely foreign. They usually know four languages, Common, Elevhann, Dwarven, and Gob-Speak. This being because their only interactions is usually with the underground dwelling Dwarves and Goblins. Common and Elevhann are both taught to communicate with the rest of their kingdom as well as with the humans when they are sent out to the surface on their right of passage into adulthood.

Wood Elf - Live in the forest above ground, they raise large trees and attach platforms with interweaving bridges for pathways. They usually have more human-like features apart from their height and flat faces. They use a mixture of cotton, silk, and leathers for their clothes. They do not have special eye colors or hair colors as they have lived too close to humans for too long. Their ears are more human-like with a short 1" curve upward on the tip of their ears. They usually cut their hair short to their chins, or allow their hair to be as long as to the bottom of their ribs, any longer and they see it as disgusting. They eat much closer to human diets. Depending on their birth kingdom they can know upwards of four or five languages, or as little as two. Wood Elves do not hate their cousin sub-species, they merely think that Moon and Sun elves are misguided. Wood elves also see animals as people more so than companions, they only slaughter and eat animals that are close to death as is. They do not have a right of passage, but they often leave home to explore freely.

Elves stand anywhere between 7' and 8' tall and most of them lack hair on their bodies aside from the hair on their heads and the little that forms in their sensitive places.

ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Sorry for the wait, I’m at work now lol, can only respond when I don’t have any costumers or side work.

Heffling - people with animal features and magic, they range to all kinds of animals and have different abilities based on what animal they associate with. Avian Hefflings are different than Harpies as their wings sprout from their backs, they do not grow feathers along their arms or abdomens. Hefflings stand anywhere between 3' and 5'10" depending on sub-species, their bodies (much like the Fairies) channel magic and they can be severally damaged if someone uses "banish magic", as they will be very weak without magic. Hefflings are highly sought after in the slave market due to their widespread of unique looks and how small they usually are.

Basically they have human features from the hips up, and animal features from the hips down. But their ears, nose, and sometimes eyes are often fitting to their animal, and their skin can have pigmentations to show markings they may have had and an animal.

I’m not quite sure whose all on board with joining officially XD but you know I’ll let’s you join. If anything I’ll just run two of these owo’ which might be a bit difficult but I’ll do it! Or try anyway

Oh heck yea im def making an orc matriarch

And damn id love to read like a whole wiki site dedicated to the lore lmao

AND ME IM DEF JOINING

Users who are viewing this thread

Back