• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The start of this RP is in camp. It's leafbare and the clan is low on prey. This is after the clans have turned against the rogues. Dead prey in their territory has been reported, but dead cats have not yet been found. This is the begining of their journey!

You may post one time after each person has posted, (so it would be me first, then you guys post, then from their go in order)

If you want to add to the it or make up your own you are free to do that! If it's major though, please pm me.

Brooke star sat at the bottom of the fallen tree they used for leaders to call meetings on. It was cold here. Colder then he liked. But it wasn't the outside that was making him shiver, it was the problems that they have been facing. Strange cats have been reported around the area. Ones that were not of the clans. But they weren't rogues either. Brooke star couldn't convince the other clans that they were telling the truth at the meeting of four trees. He couldn't convince them that these cats, who have never fully been seen, were real and we're terrorizing them. He sat there, not knowing what was going to happen next.

Flame Bounce sat in the med den sorting herbs. He was running low on dock leaves and poppy seeds. These herbs were important. He stood up, stretching and yawning, then padded outside. "Where is phantom paw..." Flame Bounce muttered as he walked out into the camp. He noticed Hollow fur and slowly made his way over to him. "Hello Hollow fur. May you set up a hunting patrol? I need to find more herbs and with all this stuff going on me and phantom paw shouldn't go out on our own."

Hollow fur looked over at Flame Bounce. He had been playing with small pink flower. Probably the last of the season. "Of course. I'll get to it!" He said over enthusiastically and padded out to the middle of camp. "WHO WANTS TO GO HUNTING?" He paused a moment, thinking really hard. "ACTUALLY EVERYONE SHOULD GO HUNTING. Only if they want to though."

Phantompaw
Heterochromic eyes gazed out at the grassy expanse beyond the place they had started calling home. A cold wind whipped across the horizon, buffeting the apprentice's fluffy pelt. They were small in number, wayward travelers in their own right, but they had finally found somewhere that seemed safe. Although he had only been apprenticed two moons prior, Phantompaw had seen his fair share of moving about. The medicine apprentice flicked his tail side to side as he narrowed his eyes against the chilling air.

Other cats in this forest or not, this was their home now. He liked it here.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔
Lilypaw
A pair of large green eyes stared at Hallowfur from afar, watching the cat pad to the center of their camp. The young apprentice flicked his tail from side to side, keeping his eyes on the dark furred tom. If there was any sort of interesting thing going on, he wanted to be aware of it, if not involved with it himself. As soon as the word "hunting" had left his mouth, Lilypaw had bounded forward to volunteer. But before he was able to let out more than a mew of surprise, the small grey cat was pushed out of the way by a much larger member of his clan.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔
Briarsnout
"I'd like to go hunting!" the large tabby tom shouldered his way past Lilypaw with a forceful shove.

As far as Briarsnout was concerned, he was one of the strongest warriors in the clan. Able to take on any cat and hunt any prey. Or so he told himself. Truth be told, Briarsnout was very average in his performance. He hadn't had the opportunity to show his fighting skills, but his hunting was... average. Not nearly as grandiose as the tales he wove.

Wildpaw
Wildpaw watched as the other began discussing who should or would go hunting. He frowned briefly noticing Lilypaw get shouldered, before bounding over with a wiry grin. “We should all go, I can go with Lilypaw. Bet we can get the most prey.” He proclaimed looking at her with the mischievous grin still on his face. Wildpaw was young and hadn’t proven himself in battle. He was of a small stature and wasn’t the best in combat, but he was an accomplished hunter. His extra claws made capturing fish and mice easy, and his long back legs made him an exceptional bird hunter.
While everyone seemed fired up to go hunting, he truthfully wanted to look for stick bugs. He knew he couldn’t as long as the fresh kill pile was low though.
TheSpeck TheSpeck ObitoPancake ObitoPancake

Hollowfur smiled passive aggressively at Brairsnout after watching him push Lilypaw out of the way. "Brairsnout, always a pleasure to go hunting with you." He said, gritting his teeth a bit because he was trying hard not to snap at him. He looked over at Lilypaw who had been approached by Wildpaw.

“We should all go, I can go with Lilypaw. Bet we can get the most prey.” wild paw had said

"We will see about that!" Hollowfur said. "How bout this. If you manage to catch more prey then the two of us you guys can have the plumpest piece of prey in the pile. Other way around though, Brairsnout will get it. No stealing from each other or youre automatically disqualified."

Flame Bounce walked into the center of camp, the chill in the air making him shiver a bit. He never liked the season of leafbare... It was too unpredictable. He looked around him, trying to spot Phantompaw. He stood up once he saw the med app and padded over, the grass beneath his paws stiff and making him itchy. "Good morning Phantom Paw. If you aren't dying or extremely tired, I would like if you could help out with gathering herbs? We are running low on dock and poppy. A hunting patrols going out right now, so we would go with them."

Brooke star stood up and bounded toward the group gathering to go hunting. "I would like to go. The camp isn't exactly holding anything valuable so it should be fine if we left it for a moment... Wait I forgot we have a kit. I'll stay in camp to watch them."

ObitoPancake ObitoPancake Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

Last edited:
Fox

A fluffy ear perked up at a loud sound. A ball of red hair unfurled and revealed the small shape of Fox as he woke up from a snooze. "Wazat?" The muffled meow came from the jaws of the tom as he hopped to his feet and shook out his fur. "Did someone mention hunting? I'll go hunting." Fox meowed as he joined the group sort of looking around. It looked like the whole clan was getting ready to go and catch some prey. It took them a lot of time to finally find this camp and he'd rip somebody's fur off if they ended up leaving and a badger or something decided to just hop on in. "We all goin?"

Sootwhisper
Slinking back into camp came the sleek form of Sootwhisper. His ears perked up as the clan leader made an announcement. Sootwhisperwas not yet quite attuned to clan life. Living most of his life as a loner it was still quite strange to be a part of such a group but he was adjusting. He trotted over to them. "A hunting patrol? I could go if we're in such need for prey" Sootwhisper said. He'd just been out to explore the territory to get some fresh air but he'd go back out if the clan called for it, he hadn't been doing any hunting anyway.

Milkykit looked up at sootwhisper. She gently flicked her tail and smiled at him, just as rapidfoot walked over. She sat down and listened to the leader. “I could go on a hunting patrol, with your full permission of course.” Offered rapidfoot. Milkykit looked up and flicked her tail straight up. “I can go!” She purred, full of confidence.

Brookstar nodded. "Anyone who wants to go can go. I will be staying with the kit." He said gently and padded over to Milkykit.

Flamebounce walked over to the hunting patrol group, phantom paw following behind him. He waiting patiently for the patrol to start.

Hollowfur started to walk out of camp. "We are heading out! Anyone who wants to come hurry along!" He yelled loudly. The dead leaves under his paws were a bit uncomfortable. He went faster, sniffing the air for prey.

Milkykit looked up at the leader and scoffed her paws against the floor, as rapidfoot followed hollowfur. She too, disliked the feeling of the dry leaves beneath her paws.

Fox

So pretty much the entire clan was heading out. Alright then, Fox hurried along behind the group. He kept half and ear out for prey as he sort of glanced around at the territory around them. He eyed the trees above them as they went for maybe a bird or a squirrel hopping along them. Was bad manners to run the mouth while hunting, at least that's what his mom had taught him, so Fox was quiet for the trek. A scent found it's way into his nose and the small ginger tom stopped to sniff the air. "Crow" he meowed quietly to the group before slipping away to go after the scavenger bird, not bothering to check if anyone followed as he went.

Sootwhisper
Sootwhisper was about to offer to stay and help the leader guard camp until the group started to head out and he thought better of it. He slunk along in the middle of the group as they went along. He tried to remember if he'd scented any prey as he'd been going on his walk before. He hadn't gone too far, Sootwhisper always got nervous at the edge of the territory. He always imagined those other clans leaping into sight to rip his fur off. He glanced over as the quick-tempered little tomcat Fox broke off from the group to go after a crow apparently.

Nearby: TheSpeck TheSpeck FennecyFoxy27 FennecyFoxy27 Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 ObitoPancake ObitoPancake

Rapidfoot stared at fox and sighed. She tasted the air, before running off after fox. She kept up behind fox. “There’s a badger sent, but it’s pretty dull, you should still be careful.” She hissed. - - Milkykit stared at the leader. Her eyes lit up with joy as she bolted off, outside of camp.

nearby: Yahhah Yahhah TheSpeck TheSpeck

Hollow fur noticed Fox going off in a different direction. He took a deep breath. It was a crow. He let them go after their prey and moved on to find something else. Having made his way far from the others, he took another sniff. There was an odd smell. The smell of crowfoot almost. He flicked an ear in confusion and padded along, trying to find the source of the smell. He eventually stumbled into a clearing that lead up to the border. Inside the border their was a cat, laying on the ground in a pool of blood. Surrounding the cat was multiple mice and rabbits that were rotting. "What in the name of starclan???"

Flame Bounce had followed hollowfur and at the sight of the massacre his eyes widened a bit. "Who did this?" He slowly made his way to the dead cat and sniffed at them. "They smell of Riverclan. Riverclan is far away, why would they have come here?"

Brooke star ran after Milkykit, and since he was much bigger he quickly caught up. "Now where do you think youre going?" He asks in a friendly tone.

Direct mentions:

FennecyFoxy27 FennecyFoxy27 Yahhah Yahhah

Milkykit flinched to the voice of brookestar. “Uhh…nothing!” She replied quickly. Rapidfoot stared at the corpses, eyes wide. “I’m not sure, but I feel like it was supposed to be a message from the clans…” she whispered.

nearby: Yahhah and TheSpeck

Last edited:
Fox

As Fox was breaking off he realized one of the clan was following him and warning him to be careful. Apparently they could smell some kind of badger. "I'm always careful don't worry about it" Fox shot back to Rapidfoot before he continued on. He was aware that the cat turned around to go back to the group after that so he just kept on going. He slunk forward until he found the crow standing over some kind of burrow. He stalked forward, lucky that the carrion bird was distracted before he jumped forward and landed on top of the bird's back, sinking his teeth into it. The bird was almost bigger than Fox himself but he didn't let that stop him as he took advantage of surprise and caught it. He stopped to rest for a moment while he wondered where to stash this or if he should just take it back to camp.

Sootwhisper
Sootwhisper stood some distance away as the other cats inspected the body. His eyes were spread wide as he took in the sight in front of him. A dead cat, how had they just stumbled upon it? Why was there so much prey around it? Judging by the rot it'd been here for a bit. He inched forward as the two cats seemed to speak. Rapidfoot seemed to think this was some kind of message. "I don't think so. Why would they just set out a cat inside of our border if they wanted to say something. Wouldn't they... Kill one of us. I don't recognize t-t-that cat".

TheSpeck TheSpeck FennecyFoxy27 FennecyFoxy27

Hollowfur

He sniffed at the dead Riverclan cat, inspecting the damage done. It seemed to have gashes across it's torso and back legs. The back of it's neck was bitten, which was probably what killed it. "This doesn't seem like a cat kill. The gashes are way too big... Unless they were like blood clan? And had claw attachments?"

Flamebounce

Flamebounce sat down, putting his tail over his paws. "There's no reason for them to have left all this rotting prey here. It would've taken days to catch it all unless they had a big clan." He lowered his ears a bit. "We should report back to Brooke star. We need to meet Riverclan to inform them where their cat is."

Brooke star

Brooke star tilted his head. "It's clear you're going somewhere." He says. He picked Milkykit up by the scruff and padded back to camp.

((I'm no longer going to wait for ObitoPancake ObitoPancake or Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 . They have not posted for over 2 weeks so I'm going to assume they dropped.)

Rapidfoot’s light blue eyes pierced at the dead river clan cat. “But…what would’ve killed it..?” She stammered. — — Milkykit started to wither around. “Hey! Put me down!” She snapped. Her little paws started to swing every where as she tried to wiggle free from Brookestar’s grasp.

TheSpeck TheSpeck

((It’s fine. It was kinda just me, you and 1 other person so.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back