• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Project - OOC

The intro post is up. No rush on replying. Give us a sense of your character as you make your way to the extraction point.

Great - looking forward to how things will unfold.

Alright, just looking over the sheet you've put together, and refreshing myself on the game system hehe :p

So uhh, my main comments on the build you've put forward is uh... well I should probably say upfront that I only have a 5th ed pdf,not sure how much has changed between that and 6th ed.

Main weapon I think would be a H&K MK 23 SOCOM .458, seems like a reasonably compact and powerful weapon for a compact/powerful character. I figure a silenced weapon is a good idea since if he's not worried about making noise then he'd just use his big noisy claw :p As far as any other equipment he might like well uhh... there's no explosives listed, he'd like to have some of those for remote/timed detonations when he can't just blast holes in things with his claw. Some shaped charges, detonation chord, C4 and detonators, that sort of thing.

Other than that the character looks pretty good.Some skills I probably wouldn't have thought of taking, but will probably come in handy :) For my last 15 points of disadvantages I would suggest Physical Limitation (frequently, greatly impairing) to represent that he is more or less one-handed, what with his left hand being an enormous (like 2-3 times the size of his right arm) crab claw. I figure he can grip stuff with the claw just fine, but fine manipulation is beyond him.

Oh! Not sure this would be on the list,so if I'd have to spend points for it then nevermind but some kind of pistol that would fire underwater would be handy for stealthy purposes :)

Am I right in thinking the flak vest stacks with his base PD/ED giving a 16 PD/ED? Pretty tough.

Last edited:
I would guess that the explosives would be included with our gear, depending on what kind of mission we are on.

Yes, C4 and other high explosives will be available depending on your mission. The Physical Limitation of the claw hand will be fine, and a pistol or other kind of weapon that fires underwater might be doable, possibly some kind of speargun or a energy weapon. I'd have to ponder that for a bit.

I can see you using your smaller hand to fire while the larger arm is used to carry the weight and steady the weapon.

mmm fair enough, I figured he would probably still use his claw as a brace with his pistol, but didn't want to abuse it with the physical limitation I took :)

Just editted a bit of personality into Damien's new sheet too.will go look at the IC thread now :)

Uhh hate to be a noob but how exactly do we roll dice here? or are we using something external or you rolling everything for us Sherwood?

Usually, Sherwood takes care of that - less work for everyone but him. Might change if we ever get a dice-roller on RPN again, but from what I've heard that might take a while...

The rumor that I've heard is that there will be a new die roller in our future, but there is no rush on it. In the meantime, just let me know what you want me to check/roll for you and I'll take care of it.

We probably should give our snow leopard a chance to jump in as well - we're moving rather quickly at the moment.

From other games that I have with Epiphany Epiphany , I know that she is a bit busy right now with Real Life stuff, but her spot will still be here, no matter what.

Equipment time. Now you get to make your requests for supplies, guns and ammo. Remember, if it is conventional tech, you can probably get it for free; stuff like Night Vision Goggles are all available. You can request to have a primary weapon and a sidearm of your choice, so long as you have the needed WF for it. Feel free to suggest stuff back and forth until you have come up with a weapon and gear loadout that you like.

For weapons, I'd like to go with:
Atchisson Assault Shotgun with 2 reloads
Glock 20 10mm pistol with 4 reloads

Are hand grenades available?

Night Vision Goggles
encrypted radio to call out with
I'm sure that there will be other gear that will come to mind before we move out.

The two weapons on the character sheet, smoke grenades if available - think that should do it for me. Is climbing gear in there automatically? If not, let me list that as well - just to have an easier time to get onto some rooftops.

Hrmmm, well as many explosive charges as they'll give Damien, hopefully enough to (literally) sink a ship. Other than that his H&K Mark 23 and the speargun/energy weapon previously discussed if you've come up with something for that. Carrying a bunch of extra weapons around seems unnecessary, though he wouldn't say no to some grenades.

As for equipment; nightvision goggles, and uhh whatever equipment he needs to employ his various skills, so like... some kind of compact, powerful notebook/tablet with various attachments and cables, a B&E kit with lockpicks, a small drill and tool roll, that sort of thing. Maybe a compact cutting torch? I assume his pack would specifically have waterproof sections or something along those lines, or else he'd need some sealable bags to keep his equipment dry.

Meniru would want to take her weapons listed in the CS, NVGs and NV-Binoculars, a radio, and bomb disposal kit. Her skill set doesn't require as much gear as the others.

Yeah, this week of work has wiped me and I'm at capacity for building a character from scratch at the moment. I hope to have a few hours this weekend to devote to writing her out (and naming her). In the meantime, no worries if you guys move on ahead of me. I'm sure there'll be an opportunity to slot myself in somewhere. I certainly don't want my schedule to stall a good thing when it's getting going. :)

Thanks for thinking of me, though!

Ok, after a quick review of your equipment requests, those that want grenades can have 2 fragmentation grenades (9d6 N Explosion) and 2 Flashbangs (4d6 Flash AE 4'). The rest of your gear is good to go. IC post coming up.

Cool :) Do I need stats for any of the other stuff I wanted? (specifically explosive charges) or does that just come into a demolitions roll or whatever.

Forgot to add, those with the Demolitions Skill can have a small C4 explosive block, enough to place charges on the rudder, propellers and keel of the ship if you want.

Tactics roll is good. If you pair off, who is going to be targeting the bulk of the terrorists, and who is going to lay some hurt on Al-Kahar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back