• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Project - IC Thread

Meniru will tell Arachne to let the higher-ups know that the missiles have been secured as she drives the truck out of the docks and to a safe location. She'll pick up Damian if possible, but the priority will be to get the truck out of the area as fast as possible without drawing attention to it.

Psychie Psychie "Target is secured. Send word that the missiles and the truck will be placed somewhere safe. If the higher-ups have someplace special to keep them, just let me know."

Arachne smiles; a horrific sight for those that are not familiar with the insect-woman. Sending to all the team, she thinks, We have the truck in custody. I'm calling it in on the encrypted radio to get ready for pickup. "This is Arachne. We have the truck with the missiles, and are ready for pick-up. I say again, we have the truck and are pulling out to extraction point Alpha." Signal sent. Lets get to the extraction point. <giggle> When the Mind Control wears off, those guys are going to be pissed that they don't have their money! Coming down from the crane now.

With the three men disappearing out of sight Damien emerges rom his hiding spot and makes his way over to the truck. "I'm going to check out he good." he tells Meniru, before climbing into the back of the truck and checking to make sure everything was as it should be.

"Well, that was easy - still, there's a wanted terrorist down there. Don't really want him to disappear again, right?" Where Arachne already intends to leave her position, the dingo hesitates. After all, he can almost smell his prey from here - his scope is pointed at the ship, everything is prepared so that they can't escape. "This guy blew up a dozen people - don't want to give him another chance."

Arachne catches herself as she is on her way to the truck. "I was so focused on the missiles, I had forgotten about taking out the terrorists! Damn." She scrambles back up to the position on the gantry that she had claimed earlier, focusing her attention on the ship, waiting for Meniru to drive the cargo out to the helicopter that is planning on retrieving the Stingers.

Damien climbs up into the rear of the transport truck and sees many cases of weapons stacked up in neat piles. A quick count of the Stingers shows you fifteen of the deadly missiles packed into the truck, nice and tight.

As you are checking on the payload, everyone gets a signal from the helicopter. "Inbound to Extraction Alpha, ETA two minutes."

Uhh bad news guys. Things look good back here but I only count 15 missiles, the briefing said there were 16...

"Arachne! Call the helicopter off! If one AA missile is unaccounted for, then that means it's probably armed and aiming at the sky! And I'd rather not see our ride home turn into a fireball plummeting towards the ground."

"Chopper One! Abort pickup! I say again, abort pickup! Airspace over the target area may be compromised. We are missing one of the Stingers." Arachne cuts the radio feed, using a colorful stream of cuss words to punctuate her displeasure with the situation.

The helicopter signals back, "Breaking off! Breaking off!" With a sharp yank of the yoke, the incoming Blackhawk banks hard to the left and dives down to keep a lower profile for a potential missile strike.

Monty calls out over the Mind Link, "I have eyes on our main target. He is standing on the cargo ship, looking out for the cargo truck. I'm sure he's starting to wonder where his package is. Should we unload the missiles, then come up with the truck to lure them off of the ship? Also, I don't see any signs of missiles on the ground at all. They may not have taken all sixteen along for the sale."

"Or they smuggled the sixteenth one on board already, can't know for certain. Might have to storm the darn ship to find out. Don't think t's a good idea to unload the missiles, can't have them lie around somewhere without surveillance. And it's not like they'd be going anywhere, between us and their wreck of a ship." Through his scope, the dingo musters the ship and its crew, trying to spot whatever details there might be visible.

It could be a bit risky, but if we're wanting to lure Al-Kahar into an ambush point, we could try driving the truck in like we were making the delivery. Simon's right though, we couldn't leave these behind unattended. Our best bet might just be to storm the ship. We've got the charges in place if we need to throw them off balance. Damien can't keep a bit of excitement out of his voice at the last.

Or, we can just blow the charges! If he does live, he'll be trying to get off the ship. We then hammer him flatter than a pancake. If he doesn't make it to dry land, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Before you do that, think. The guy can lift a tank. What's a little water going to do to him? He can shove anything that's in front of him off, and that'll ruin what little surprise we have. Our priority should be finding the last missile. You know, so we can actually complete the mission and not worry about dying in an exploding helicopter. Anyone have any ideas where it could be? See anyone walking around with a large case, maybe?

Monty signals from his position above the field, I see no one with anything large enough to be a missile, either in or out of its case.

Okay, so I'm going to stay by the missiles in case someone comes investigating. I'll leave any tactical planning to our resident sniper, or perhaps our intrepid arachnid. Either way, I know I'm not good in a fight, so good luck. And we are close enough to the water that Damion should be able to sneak into an ambush position. Probably.

( Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon Your move)

I have an idea. Al-Kahar is expecting to see the transport truck, right? So, why not let him see it, or, more accurately, make him think he sees it? I can try to plant an image of the truck in his mind. He'll come down from the ship, and then we can hit the bastard on the dock and not have to worry about the ship at all, especially since the crew of the cargo ship are not the targets of our assault. What do you think?

Quite an ambitious plan, I'd say - it's probably not only Al-Kahar watching for the truck, but others as well. As long as only he sees it, it only takes a single question by someone else to warn him - much better to just drive the original van over, it's not like he'd ever get the opportunity to escape with it. Would allow Meniru to join in as well - we might need that extra punch to get in control. Another look through the scope, mustering the water. Shouldn't be too hard for Damien to sneak up on them through the water. Then again, that's not necessary if he can just jump out of the truck right in front of them. He pauses for a moment, then continues. Anyway, we're on a clock here. Gotta make our move fast, or he'll get too suspicious to even leave the ship.

As much as I'd like to burst out of the back of the truck claw blazing, I don't think it's worth risking the mission just to get that element of surprise. Times wasting, we need to try and infiltrate the ship.

Infiltrate it shall be, then. I'll try and locate where the various members of the crew are and steer us around them. I'm coming down to the dock level now. Using her Mind Scan, Arachne will try to find any blank spots in the coverage of the crew and terrorists on the ship.

The cargo ship is a fairly small one.

small4.jpg

The aft of the ship has a total of ten minds, and there are two more up in the front of the ship.

Arachne passes that info out to the rest of the squad. Some of the people on board are going to be crew, with only a few of the remainders are terrorists. I think that the only real threat is Al-Kahar. The rest will be easy kills.

"Good, a decision's been made." he murmurs, closing the lid on the missile he'd been looking at, and re-securing it before hopping out the back of the truck, shutting the doors behind him. "Keep these safe Meniru." he says to his sister in the cab, before setting off at an easy jog towards the water's edge so that he could start moving into place.

Monty and Damien, prepare to board the ship. We will take the fight to them. I am going to the bow of the ship; less targets there to oppose us as we board. I will Psi Blast the guard on the port side of the ship. Against a normal human, that is enough to daze my target enough to keep him from being able to respond for a few critical moments. The two of you can then use your claws to engage the other guard on the deck, and then we will have control of the front half of the vessel. Scott, if you have a good view of the ship, hold your position and provide sniper support for us and for Meniru. Of the remaining eight targets on the ship, some will undoubtedly be crew, and if they do not engage us, ignore them. Al-Kahar is the real threat. We work together to hit him hard. Don't let him escape. Any questions?

Got my eyes on the ship, ready to back you up. If someone gets wounded, just come into sight. Good luck down there - show 'em that you pay for threatening us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back