• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Project: Champions 6e

So like even though my power is teleporting, those slots you mentioned are like little subpowers, or said power being used in a specific way?

Yes. It would be all one power, just focused into different range bands. A non-combat teleport takes more time to pull off, and it leaves you at a slight minus to your Defensive Combat Value for a brief time, making it dangerous to use in a fight unless you have to.

D. Rex D. Rex Do you want me to whip up a character for you? If so, just give me some ideas on what you want to be able to do with your character, and what kind of weapons you want to pack.

I went ahead and changed the free body armor you can get to a 14- activation roll. Most of the time, people will be hitting you center mass, and that is where your armor is on your body. There is still the chance that you'll get hit somewhere else, but it is a bit more rare.

I am going to go ahead and open up a game thread to be able to take our conversations to an OCC board, and not clutter up this Interest Check thread too much. If possible, I would like a few more people to join in, but I can make this work with a smaller team.

Here are the links:

IC thread:

OOC thread:

Character thread

bugger me, looks like your at it again eh? Well, I'm up to my ears in free time, i wouldn't mind actually learning a new thing. usual newb ori is newb.

Plus any chance to bother Psychie is a good day.

I would love to have you. Do you know anything of the Hero system? If not, I can help out.

I would love to have you. Do you know anything of the Hero system? If not, I can help out.
I am as ignorant as can be, it's time to learn,

Sensei!

I am in your care!

Or something like that.

lol I can deal with that.

First off, have you read up on the idea of the Project, making mutant animals in a special forces/SEAL style team?

At a quick glance, that pdf appears to be a quickie version of the core rules for 6e that I'm using. It will help get you up to speed on what the attributes are and what the rolls mean.

Yep, essentually we're happy(manditory) little(Lie) animals genetically modified into supersoldiers cause it's easier for legal reasoning to use animals for it than our fellow humans.

Somebody better tell captain america though.

And cool, it seems to be a point buy thing for character creation with an action block system. Full action, half action, etc etc.

You got the gist. What kind of animal would you like to be? We have a tiger-lady that can alter her density to be able to either walk through walls or get super tough and smash things, and the other player is a hyena that can teleport.

Well, powers I'm not fully certain of yet, largely need to see what I CAN do.

But for animal?

ideas... Chimpanzee, harpy eagle, rabbit...

hmm.. I think... I will go with... a Bull. make a minotaur why don't we.

Any particular power set you'd like to go with? Or are you thinking of going with a really high strength and smooshing things?

Any particular power set you'd like to go with? Or are you thinking of going with a really high strength and smooshing things?
Reminds me of old Sherro in the game way back.

Sure.

Capitalize on thw minotaur shtick, but i prefer intellect behimd the strength.

Want to add some other stuff to this? Maybe Growth, or super speedy? Like I said, we have a Teleporter and Variable Density powers already.

Want to add some other stuff to this? Maybe Growth, or super speedy? Like I said, we have a Teleporter and Variable Density powers already.
Hmm.... Growth could be good, or maybe double down on a intelligence thing?

The downside to Growth is that it is easy to get hit; bigger target after all. Hmmm. How about mental powers? Having a mind blast or being able to mind control people is pretty cool.

You could do a Hulk-style character, that gets stronger and tougher as you get hit, using Absorption of the attacks to boost your stats. The downside is that you'll be getting hit a lot to make it work.

If you go with Growth, you can also toss in some of opposite and get Shrinking too. Like what I did with Density Increase and Desolidification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back