• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Project: Champions 6e

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In modern age of terrorism and super heroes, the United States government is now looking for what the soldier of the future will look like, and has begun taking bids from various companies that want to deliver upon this vision. One suggests that Iron Man style powered suits is the way to go. Another wants to try cybernetics. But the scientists at the Project suggest that they induce mutation to create supersoldiers. Imagine a foot soldier able to march for days on end without sleeping, with bullet proof skin, and able to carry hundreds of pounds of gear.

In order to test the science behind this, the Project first experiments upon various terrestrial animals and insects, trying to steer genetic mutation to a desired goal each and every time. Then, the idea is pitched: Why use humans at all? Take a dog, for example. They reach maturity much faster than a human, have multiple births per litter, and are not citizens with legal rights. If a mutant dog is killed in the line of duty, there is no family to pay death benefits to, and these mutants can be raised and indoctrinated from birth to follow orders without question. A wonderful solution.

The characters in this game are all Earth-native animals and insects, built on 250 points with 50 points in assigned Disadvantages, with the required Disads of Watched by Project Staff/US Government, and Subject to Orders at zero cost.

Powers are to represent your mutations, with a max of 50 Active Points on attacks, and 20 Active Points on your defenses.

IF you have the skill for it, you can get mundane modern projectile weapons for FREE. No lasers or other special weapons, just stuff like M-16's, AK-47's, MP-5's, Hand Grenades, sniper rifles, etc.

Body armor in the form of a Flack Vest providing 6 PD/6 ED Defense on a 14- Activation roll can be gotten for free.

Forbidden powers are: Any sort of Duplication, Telepathy, Extra Dimensional Movement, Claresentience through time. Others may be added to this list as they come up.

As an example of what I'm looking for is: A humanoid rhinoceros with armored skin and super strength packing a M-60 machine gun. A shark able to breathe on land or underwater. A old party of mine made up a pack of Jurassic Park-style velociraptors packing rifles and wearing body armor. Give me a indication of what you want to do.

Also, this is a secret project, so no Secret/Public ID allowed, and you have not been seen by the public at all.

EDIT: Think of yourselves as a mutant animal SEAL or Ranger style team, and you are in the right ballpark for your skills and weapons.

Last edited:
Well I dont care if I'm spread a little thin, this will be worth it. Count me in.

Any books or anything? I never heard of The Project before. Does it have Exalted levels of complexity?

The Project is just the name of the program that everyone uses. The actual game is the Hero System. It uses points to buy everything on your character, including attributes, powers and skills. I have the books on PDF, and can share them with you.

Since you are probably new to the system, I have a character creator program for the 6e rule set, and can help make up characters for anyone that needs it. I just would need to know exactly what kind of animal/insect you want to be, and what kind of powers and skills you'd like.

I might be able to persuade Psychie to join in. She is a good friend of mine in Real Life, so I can easily give her a nudge.

Well I'm gonna be looking forward to learning it! Cause yes, like Jon Snow and Sargent Shultz, I know nothing.

As for what sort of animal or powers, I don't have any idea yet. I'd like to learn a but more before deciding on anything.

I take it that the animal soldiers are predominantly humanoid, given that many use human weaponry. But are not limited to just that. And also powers tend to go along with with creature they are.

Is the Project of any specific nationality? And is there any sort of tone you are looking for? (Also yay for Psychie!)

And have you any plot made up yet? Or you gonna see what we make first?

Actually, lol I'm probably just overthinking everything and should just make something with what little I know. Let's see. A teleporting Hyena with SMGs. Maybe a rifle too.

Did someone mention my name? ^33^

Interesting idea, Mr. Sherwood. I could be persuaded to try my hand at this. I take it that we all know each other prior to game start? How old are we, given that we are animals?

I have a storyline all ready to go, I just need players!
I take it that we all know each other prior to game start?
Yes. All the characters have been in training together to maximize your abilities and can coordinate with one another well. (Hint: Here is your excuse to get the Teamwork skill!)
How old are we, given that we are animals?
The oldest that the characters can be is five years old.
Is the Project of any specific nationality? And is there any sort of tone you are looking for? (Also yay for Psychie!)
You are currently based in a compound a short distance from Atlanta, Georgia. As far as tone goes, you are going to be doing some gritty anti-terrorism missions, so I would like to see more of a serious game and less of the campy jokes. Obviously, some humor is allowed, but no Bugs Bunny style slapstick.

I think that D. Rex D. Rex has a cool idea with his teleporting guy. Maybe I could go with some sort of phasing ability, so I can walk through walls? I saw something similar in an anime called Read or Die (something like that). One character was a martial artist that could slip through walls, but didn't look all see-through and ghosty like. Is that do-able?

I would just need to figure out what kind of critter to be.

I think it would be cool for them to know each other! Team work makes the dream work.

Maybe we could be the same critter Psychie Psychie I'm not locked down on hyena lol. Finding pictures will be a challenge. I love the idea of phase shifting though.

I take it that the animal soldiers are predominantly humanoid, given that many use human weaponry. But are not limited to just that. And also powers tend to go along with with creature they are.
I forgot to address this: Yes, you should primarily be humanoid. Some modification to the weapons issued to you can be done, but one hope of the scientists is to be able to outfit you with existing tech. Powers can go either along a path of being associated with your animal base-type, or like you thought of with the teleporting hyena or Psy's idea of a Desolidification character.

Here is a thought. You can combine DNA from multiple creatures to make a new hybrid, like a minotaur or chimera of some sort.

Thanks! It looked pretty cool in the movie. Also kinda like Kitty Pride in the X-Men comics.
Yup! And I bet if we gave them a camera link or something, he can keep up with wherever she goes by teleporting there. They wont be able to be locked out of anywhere.

Cameras and throat-microphones are all easily available as issued equipment, so there is no need to pay points for them off of your character. Good ideas, though.

I'm starting to get a mental picture of Tigress from Kung-Fu Panda, but able to leap through walls and rip people apart with my claws or shoot them dead with a gun.

That's do-able. Just keep in mind that you cannot pass as a human except in dim lighting conditions, or if you are in a hoodie of some sort.

Yes, but you won't be able to pack an RPG or Stinger on every operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back