• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Program - Chat

So, i'm a little confused on how I should enter here. Start off with a sniping reposition to help improve your situation, reinforcements, ect?

I think i'll intro in once you return from the mission. Or, i'll come in as backup if you guys were to carry on since my sleeping made me miss my chance

Mr_DC Mr_DC Are we going to get a rundown of what their goal is and who they are fighting?

Furthermore, any ideas for what secret weapon could be deployed by the Enemy? I implied in my post something powerful and unexpected that the Beasts wouldn't be prepared for. IDK if that's going to work out or not but... I had to try to spice things up!! ;D

Elowyn Elowyn

The point of jumping into a battle without much information except "fight" was to show how their job is simply to do as they're told without much other information. But I can provide more information, of course. Russia hired the Program to fight over Ukraine's natural resources while Ukraine hired a low-cost mercenary group. One wanted the battle to end quickly which is why there are so many Beasts in the fight.

Yes, I read your post and it is kind of opposite to what we wanted. The battle is basically over and by going back to base we can start on our intercharacter relations. If the enemy turns it around with some ace in the sleeve, the battle will have to continue.

Elowyn Elowyn

The point of jumping into a battle without much information except "fight" was to show how their job is simply to do as they're told without much other information. But I can provide more information, of course. Russia hired the Program to fight over Ukraine's natural resources while Ukraine hired a low-cost mercenary group. One wanted the battle to end quickly which is why there are so many Beasts in the fight.

Yes, I read your post and it is kind of opposite to what we wanted. The battle is basically over and by going back to base we can start on our intercharacter relations. If the enemy turns it around with some ace in the sleeve, the battle will have to continue.
So do you want me to change my post?

Elowyn Elowyn

Please? Heh, sorry about it.
If you'd like, we can pretend nothing happened.
Ah, okay. I can do that but I don't know how else to get myself involved in the battle. Besides, it seems there are already a lot of other Beasts on the ground. Maybe I could have Jaguar wait for them back at the base, as I have mentioned her injur(ies)?

Elowyn Elowyn
I'm moving the Beasts back in the next few posts so no worries about that. Don't want your character to be alone for too long.
EDITED! Luckily I didn't have to change much although I regret not being able to play out the scene I was envisioning.

Elowyn Elowyn
Don't worry, you still might. I'm open to giving other roleplayers a chance to make up their own missions and carry them out with us. It's always interesting to give freedom to show your vision.

Elowyn Elowyn
Don't worry, you still might. I'm open to giving other roleplayers a chance to make up their own missions and carry them out with us. It's always interesting to give freedom to show your vision.
sounds good! I'll be looking forward to it then.

OH wow. I finally found this thread. It wasn't under OOC and I wasn't tagged or linked, so I had to navigate over to Mr_DC's profile ha! Okay 0stinato 0stinato I was most definitely not being sarcastic, but I can see why you'd think so. It's just the simplicity of the idea of animal-named agents. I didn't associate them with animals, or expect that an actual animal would show up, and even after the event, your post went deep enough to mention no one shot that fox. As the agents were aggressive towards each other and murderous towards human, your post made me realize the beauty to that pacific moment toward their patron animals. It was a stroke of genius.

Gotcha, if I had read this thread first, I would have understood the context a lot more.

So basically they're in Ukraine, right after deploying chemical attack, and on their way back to base? What of the oil fields? Was that after getting to base?

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf I understand, and I thank you for your praise... It seems my just-woke-up brain is more intelligent than I gave it credit for. Thank you very much, though I think you read into what I was saying deeper than I thought it was personally. But I see your point; Beasts leaving the animals standing while their own kind fall. It's poetic in a way. Good analysis.
I suppose I am so used to seeing/hearing the word "Mindblown" in a sarcastic manner that I was unsure about your comment but such is the curse of living in the sarcasm-heavy world of Great Britain. I always wonder if the name of GB itself is sarcastic... Great Britain *rolls eyes*.

Anyway, I cannot answer all your questions because I myself don't know the answers. They are in Ukraine fighting for Russia, and now they're on their way back to base after this latest assault on the hired mercenaries working for Ukraine. As for the oil fields - I don't know.

But I think not knowing is one of the points DC is making - we are all Beasts, we are all cogs in the machine hired for Russia's use, and this is our life. It is our day-job, our average, mundane deal. A contrast from our usual perceptions of war or violence. The Agents fight and fight well, but many probably lost the spark of wanting to know long ago. They hold onto their personal lives, their world outside the battlefield.

Should you want to know more, Mr_DC Mr_DC will have your answers. After all, this roleplay is based in his practiced world.

I'll say though that you've got a good writing style. And it seems Scorpion and Foxx are getting friendly with each other... I wish Rat would be friendly with someone but he's uptight and prejudiced... man I have fun characters don't I.

I see! I hope to be on the same page as everybody, in terms of plot and what to write. Yeah I am a deep thinker. Aw, thanks, I really like how everyone in the RP writes too! Hmm maybe someday Rat will have a friend :)

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice we forgot to tag you. I should take a look just to make sure we didn't miss anyone else. My bad.

0stinato 0stinato did a good job summarising the plot and there's not much to add. For those of you who want to know what goes on behind the scenes or I'm a bit too vague, the Russian army is taking over the oil fields and eliminating what few mercenaries are retreating there under Agent Swan's false orders.

Hey, Mr_DC Mr_DC is the rp still going, am I able to join? I'm also a little bit confused about this RP as I just came upon, is there a more detailed interest check I could read or...?

Hey, Mr_DC Mr_DC is the rp still going, am I able to join? I'm also a little bit confused about this RP as I just came upon, is there a more detailed interest check I could read or...?

The RP is indeed still going and this is certainly not a bad place to jump in at all.

This roleplay is character- and plot-based, and focuses on a group of mercenaries called the Program who were hired by Russia to fight against the mercenaries hired by Ukraine. The world is set in the near future, but technology is not as advanced as was dreamed of. Depending on if you play as a Beast (with an animal name to follow the pattern) or a trooper will provide a different experience in the roleplay.

Beasts are loyal, trusted fighters with good track records. Every Beast has their own strengths, and the Program allows them to play to those strengths. In every combat situation, you'll most likely be able to use the strength your Beast has, provided you find a reason and an opportunity. But that's part of the charm - you can create a reason, you can create the opportunity. DC has an overarching plot, but, because this roleplay will be so character-driven, your character, provided actions stay within the site rules and realm of possibility, will essentially be able to do whatever they want. I believe missions will be provided soon, but, as it stands, all Beasts are on the way back to headquarters, leaving troopers in the battle.

But you can also play as a trooper. A lot less experienced, a lot more vulnerable, death is more likely than life. Troopers are expendable to the Program, and your character is nothing new. Your character has just-good-enough weapons, mediocre armour, and their only purpose is to provide physical relief or cover to the Beasts. But who knows... play your trooper right and you might become a bigger part than anyone ever thought.

And, of course, there's one main thread. Stay on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back