• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Prismatic Queen [D&D 5e Campaign] OOC

Althaea will dig through the cabinets and all before heading out to the shed, if Praela will come with her. No sense in splitting up even more somewhere where people keep vanishing. She'll grab anything which looks like it might be of interest, or just interesting, and toss it out on the kitchen table.

Praela would go along with Althaea, but she would let Althaea do all the digging through cabinets, pantry, etc. Praela is basically just going to walk into each main floor location, see that there's no witch carving up babies right in front of her, exclaim the culprit isn't there, then do a very basic sense of anything overtly magical (glowing, magically resonating, etc.) or look like it has overtly been used in a ritual recently (blood runes, alters, severed body parts, etc.). She's not being patient or thorough at all. She's just trying to find the monster she needs to kill and get this probably fruitless job done and over with so she can move onto the next.

Praela senses nothing Arcane throughout the rooms she investigates, and she notices nothing out of order. this is indeed just a simple farm house... Pilfering through the cabinets, Althaea finds about 3 gold pieces, all the necessary cooking/eating utensils a simple farmer would need, and out in the shed, she finds simple farming equipment. However, the odd thing about the shed is that the dirt residue isn't a deep rich brown. It's more like the color of ash than the color of dirt. Also to note is that Althaea's footprints in the dust covered floor aren't the only ones too recent to be from before the man's disappearance. Someone else has been here since.

Calla wants to do a general investigation check of anything out of place or hidden in the two rooms upstairs, especially in the storage room and places such as under the bed in the bedroom (but a 5 for investigation is a terrible roll lol). She also wants to sense if there are any magical items or spells (previously) casted on anything in the rooms (21 for arcana).

Paelis is going to look through the entire 2nd floor looking for anything of value that he'd be able to sneak out of the house. After that he'd probably have to roll a sleight of hand check on everything he wants to pocket. The roll I did in the room (a measly 10) should say investigate but I put in perception by accident, it's the same bonus for both anyways

Calla doesn't find much while investigating, but she does sense a strange arcane energy in the vicinity, the tail end of some magial energy fizzling out. It seems to come from beneath her, but it's not strong enough to pinpoint exactly. It could be anywhere downstairs and could even be coming from one of the two other party members down there. You definitely felt the arcane presence, but have too little information to determine what that means.

Paelis finds about 5 gp. No sleight of hand check needed to pocket.

Atraxaisbae Atraxaisbae I'll give you until Friday night to get something up that helps move things along. If you decide you're too busy to continue or you don't have something up, I sadly will have to remove you from the campaign.

After noticing the oddity with the shed's floor, Althaea's going to take the 10 minutes to ritual cast Detect Magic, and scan the shed and the downstairs for any magical auras, to double check for anything unusual.

dirt residue was on the farming tools, just ti be clear, the only odd thing about the floor was the footprints... still the same?

Sure sure, 10 minutes will get a good scan of the house, bit busy at the current moment, will respond with results in a bit.

Ok, so, you take a few minutes to prepare the ritual, gathering all the necessary materials, and focusing your magic into the spell. Your senses expand all around you, 30 feet in every direction. You don't sense any magic, but it's odd. You know the spell has its limitations. A foot of stone, a few feet of wood and dirt... This is all fine for the ground beneath the house, however, it seems that the spell cannot reach into the area where the cellar should be. It's odd that there would be enough material below to block the spell, but sure enough, you feel the spell not quite reach the full 30 feet in the direction of the basement. Other than that, the only sources of magic or magical items are coming from your allies.

So, about an hour has passed, everyone can now meet in the main room and talk things over... Also, remind me, the only changes i need to make to character sheets are the additional gold to those who found it, correct? no spells or anything have been used? (ritual doesn't count since ritual doesn't expel a slot)

So, about an hour has passed, everyone can now meet in the main room and talk things over... Also, remind me, the only changes i need to make to character sheets are the additional gold to those who found it, correct? no spells or anything have been used? (ritual doesn't count since ritual doesn't expel a slot)
Sounds about right, to me anyways.

Who am I? Oh, I was just browsing forums and I saw this rp. The name intrigued me and I saw the word "atrax" so I assumed you were talking about atraxaisbae. This rp looks pretty cool. Could I maybe be put on the list of people in line?

no no, next in line is TheMadQ, they were next in line for the open spot... you can be put on the waiting list though... maybe 2 people ahead of ya

As the GM, I already made the choice that he slipped away from the group during the investigation and wandered off into the night to embark on other adventures.

Damnit.
Alright, this seems pretty interesting though, I might check up on it every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back