EVA: 6
EVA(SE): 2
Arte 1 - Ready
Arte 2 - Ready
Arte 3 - Ready
Arte 4 - Ready
Norhad Plains Northern Border
Eclasen 19th, 997 C.Y.A.D - Morning

Avar swung at the noise behind him only to stop short of a familiar white haire male. "Henvo! God's beard man I thought you were a tree spirit come to reek vengeance upon me!" Giving a bellowing laugh before coughing and wheezing. "Aside from the layes of soot in my lungs I couldn't be-cough- better." Then he indicated towards Grifyn who was directing his own men."We've got post of them down but thanks for the help. Try to see if you can put a dent in those trenches while we put an end to this bonfire. Ain't that right Carrot-top?"

After hearing the large man shout out to Grifyn, and his companions, he had finally understood that it was him who was being called as "Carrot-top". Thus, in hopes of avoiding this moniker lasting longer than expected, Grifyn yelled back at the man. "The name's Grifyn. Not Carrot-top."

He, then approached the large man. "I assume you're in charge of this small group.", Grifyn said. Despite the man's large frame, and Grifyn's average size, he did not cower in fear. In fact, he looked completely confident, as if he was not going to back down should he be challenged to a fight by this person.

Avar nodded rather pleased with the association.

"That I am. Name's Avar and, while I would love to continue this over tea and biscuits, that fire isn't going to put itself out." He pointed with his slightly charred blade.

"Right.", Grifyn said, as he turned around, and started to walk back to his former position. From a distance, he could see that his allies were busy working together as they chopped down several trees, faster than they did earlier. Thus, in retrospect, he had come to a realization.

So, he stopped in his tracks, and placed his attention back to the large man, named Avar. "I think it would be better if we work together. If our efforts alone could get us so far, then imagine what we could achieve if we joined forces.", he said. "We'd be done with these burning trees much faster, and so will the rest of this mission. Now, the only question left to ask is, will you cooperate with me?"

"I thought you'd never ask Amber head." And then the whittling began.

Avar swung at the weakened trees and charged the ones that looked about to give moving in tandem with Grifyn as best he could.

"I've told you once, that the name is Grifyn. And that is the only moniker I will recognize.", Grifyn said, as he rushed off, striking down trees through swift and accurate assaults on their various weak points. Since these trees were old enough, not to mention burning, their sturdiness is no longer the same as before, a mere powerful blow to the right spot can send them tumbling down like tiny sticks.

The two moved in sync as if they had been working together for a while now, though the truth is far from such. As Grifyn struck down the trees with his intricate tactics, Avar felled them with his might. The unusual combination of their raw power and gimmicky actions has proven that two truly is better than one. The sound of trees falling and crashing down to the ground echoed from the distant and barren lands that was once the forest, until it was filled with nothing, but the growing fire that raged vividly from a distance.

Once the burning trees have been taken care of, the forest, or so it used to be, was no longer a hindrance to the mission. The two, who were once complete strangers in the same mercenary group, had formed an alliance.

Grifyn nodded to Avar with newfound respect. "Pretty good.", he said.

Avar huffed a bit. "I'll beat you next time ... Grifyn."

d46a069344ebcc93cb39b1ddf0d37176-jpg.298715
HP: 5
SE: 18
CCA: 8
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
EVA: 3
Arte 1 - Ready
Arte 2 - Ready

Dice Log:
Grifyn Varelle
ATK rolls (Combined): 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 ,1, 5, 1
All successful. Total 20 HP damage dealt.

3 CCA left. 0 ATK die, 5 DEF dice, 1 DEF (SE) die, 6 EVA dice, 2 EVA (SE) dice remaining.
Avar Pendergast
ATK rolls (Combined): 5, 4, 1, 6, 2
All successful. Total 18 HP damage dealt.

3 CCA left. 0 ATK die, 3 DEF dice, 3 EVA dice remaining.

Final Result: Woods (0/150)

ENGAGEMENT SCENARIO

• Date: Eclasen 19th 997 C.Y.A.D. 6 am.

UPDATED 05/19/2017

The ships were on their 3rd trip, about halfway through the towns population. The forward team had chopped down the necessary brush to impede the spread of the fire. However their attacks awoke the true inferno from within the forest. Suddenly trees were being taken down, not by the intensity of the flames, but by rapid snapping of something big coming into aggressive contact with them. Even through the crackling of burning wood a sound of movement was rapidly approaching the edge of the burning forest. Whatever was causing these disturbances threw up in the air a whole lot of wood the group had cut down. If one was paying close attention, a visible appendage, large and armored could be seen striking at the wood. The appendage disappeared, and the head of a Serpentyne rose from the woods, its armor aflame yet not due to the forest fire. A serpentyne was no small creature, however this one was massive, two maybe three times bigger than normal. It's flaming carapace was also uncharacteristic, but the most unsettling aspect of this encounter was definitely the fact that the Serpentyne had a visible aura of spirit energy exuding from its body. A malevolent darkness of spirit energy seeped forth from it, fueling its fire, its aggressive nature and evil glow in the eyes.

(( OOC: large bundles of wood 10 ATK for each target // Targets: Reinhardt Reinhardt / Tardy Grade Tardy Grade / Alstromeria Alstromeria / Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc ))

OOC: There are three ways to help fight the fire.
    1. Use of specific types and elements of artes to target the fire itself.
    2. Controlling the fire by chopping down the bushes and trees
    3. Tunneling a deep and wide trench just before the village.
    Try and team up if you can with other players by pre-planning ahead.

Leira Laramy

================================================================
Where: norhad plains north
When: eclasen 19
Who: Tardy Grade Tardy Grade / Alstromeria Alstromeria

==================================================================
fXHC54g2.jpg

================================================================
HP: 7
SE: 25
CCA: 18
==================================================================

it looked like the the new guys were done taking down the forest around them. they did it in such short time too. leira's captain was focused on not being left behind in his job as well and pulled double time on everyone even himself. leira being a farmhand was no stranger to this kinda hard work but she knew they all couldnt stay at this pace for quite long.

.........this feeling again.............

leira stopped for a moment. she felt something weird and familiar at the same time. it was like that time before on her first mission. she jumped out of her hole and stood in front of the forest looking for 'it'. surely it was another beast but what is what she wondered. but as soon as she found it large logs of wood were being thrown into the air towards her. her hand started to flame up until it reached her elbow and parted the logs away from her and her team. " Captain! captain~! " she wanted to get the captains attention as the serpent creature reared its flaming head. the thing was gigantic.

..........i think its time for a shocking experience.......

throwing the shovel away leira brought her fingers together to spark another spell. she parted her arms and then pointed both fingers at the thing. " EAT LIGTHNING SNAKE~! DUAL SHOCK PULSE~!" she yelled calling her battle cry or spell casting as if she was a real mage.

turn 1:
leira 3 atk dice = 3,5,3 = 11 hp
ally 4 atk dice = 3,6,5,4 = 18 hp
trench 150-29 = 121 hp
--------------------------------------------
turn 2:
leira arte 1 = 6 se / 3cca
leira arte 2 = 8 se / 6cca
leira arte 2 = 8 se / 6cca

[/QUOTE]

Avar Pendergast
d46a069344ebcc93cb39b1ddf0d37176-jpg.298715
HP: 5
CCA: 8
SSE: 18
ATK: 5+2
DEF: 3
EVA: 3

Str lvl 3 | Arte lvl 1 | Spd lvl 2 | Jmp lvl 2

"You handle big and scaly. Me and the boys will get this Trench dug out nice and proper." he picked up a discarded shovel and jumped into the semi dug trench. Stabbing the earth once and then kicking at the back of it's head to jam it in deeper into the earth. Using the earth as leverage against the loosening soil he hurled enough dirt to fill a pillow in one such thrust.

"Dig, dig a tunnel, dig-dig a tunnel you filthy mongrels!" he got the crew of men focused on the task instead of the danger not far ahead of them.

"You just keep doing your thing, Sparky." he hollered at the figure summoning arching bands of lightning to do her bidding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack on Trenches:

ATK dice used : 5
ATK roll : 3+5+2+4+4 = 18

ALLY ATK dice used : 2
ALLY ATK roll : 2+6 = 8

Damage dealt to : Trenches (121/150)
: 18+8 = 26
: Trenches (95/150)
Change:

CCA : 8 - 5 = 3

(End phase)

Conversation : [ Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc ]