The Principle Journey OOC Thread

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Humm..... i'll get that done tomorrow afternoon since I actually forgot about it lol

and why am i starting to see a certain strange relationship between henvo and bell starting to form similar to that of a sadist and masochist type?
Henvo's not sadist, he's a survivalist. Fighting's what he's always known, he doesn't enjoy it. He sees it as how the world works.

Jumps sound great and all, but for some reason I get this feeling that getting those could leave my character open for attack.

It's hard to evade or defend in the air in my opinion.

Well, dunno how physics will help with that, but hope you never deal with someone whos arte has a AOE like I do.

Actually I have been rethinking how to go about properly setting a FIELD arte lately. So any players with FIELD artes may need to redo it in the future. It was something I was supposed to deal with earlier, but it sprung up again in a private convo with Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc when reviewing the new arte list.

Actually I have been rethinking how to go about properly setting a FIELD arte lately. So any players with FIELD artes may need to redo it in the future. It was something I was supposed to deal with earlier, but it sprung up again in a private convo with Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc when reviewing the new arte list.

Hmm.. well a rebuild of that might be best when it can be done.

This is a world tht has majik and shizz, you think physics apply if you roll right? Lol

You would be surprised.

Plus this is also a world that will screw you over if you aren't careful.

The special conditions apply only to specific arte types and specific elements. If players characters do not meet those requirements then it does not affect anything

I'm going to press matters, even if they may not lead anywhere. Not going for some dumb argument, just going to try and push my agenda.

But my character's 2nd arte creates a gush of water, won't it affect the flames in any way? I'm pretty sure some real-life physics are not left out in Elegos, so there's very little reason (in my opinion) for water not to extinguish fire.

And while we're on this, should the term "fight fire with fire" work? It has been scientifically tested, that using fire to burn trees and whatnot (a forest fire's ignition fuel) is an effective method. Exhausting a forest fire of its resource would eventually cause it to run out and disperse.

I'm going to press matters, even if they may not lead anywhere. Not going for some dumb argument, just going to try and push my agenda.

But my character's 2nd arte creates a gush of water, won't it affect the flames in any way? I'm pretty sure some real-life physics are not left out in Elegos, so there's very little reason (in my opinion) for water not to extinguish fire.

And while we're on this, should the term "fight fire with fire" work? It has been scientifically tested, that using fire to burn trees and whatnot (a forest fire's ignition fuel) is an effective method. Exhausting a forest fire of its resource would eventually cause it to run out and disperse.

All very valid points.
The simple answer is my game my rules.

I did mention a few days back that FLD artes may need to be redone. For now they still do whatever you want them to do. However if we take the current ES as an example my reasoning would be the forest fire is a field affect itself. Its power level far exceeds any field type arte that would apply.

All very valid points.
The simple answer is my game my rules.

I did mention a few days back that FLD artes may need to be redone. For now they still do whatever you want them to do. However if we take the current ES as an example my reasoning would be the forest fire is a field affect itself. Its power level far exceeds any field type arte that would apply.

Got it. So no Water FLD arte tomfoolery then. As for the "fight fire with fire", I'm assuming that using Fire artes to contribute would complicate the situation?

On the matter of revamping FLD artes, are we subjected to change it once it comes through? And what kind of changes are you planning to do with this type of artes?

Got it. So no Water FLD arte tomfoolery then. As for the "fight fire with fire", I'm assuming that using Fire artes to contribute would complicate the situation?

On the matter of revamping FLD artes, are we subjected to change it once it comes through? And what kind of changes are you planning to do with this type of artes?

Yes everyone will need to change it. Field artes will not require any targeting techs. Not only will the environment change but all players and NPCs will be affected. FLDs will have potentially positive AND negative aspects.

I'll try posting, but this transitioning with this newer Job is going to be killing off most of my time.

Wouldn't be so bad if i didnt have to run around all fucking week.. Plus there is another job offer i can try accepting before I sell my soul to this other.

Good grief, first i cant get a job now the offers are piling up dammit.

Users who are viewing this thread