The Principle Journey OOC Thread

Hmm, it seems any thread I locked before the update is permanently locked until moderation powers are returned to me. I am just glad I did not lock the Main IC.
However that will also mean I cannot modify and add on any of the new things I had in mind.

Well we can always just keep posting in IC. Currently, I am aiming for Friday to have a timeskip towards the mission infiltration.

Permissions will return after the HP update. So if you want to keep this as an HP, you gotta do what must be done.

1: are the "guardians of (insert element here)" a class or a race that is added to the class or a background, or???
2: in the section of custom class what does the "add 1 to each for each Artes you chose" mean in reference to the base stats?
3: would making a style of Artes which required a number of actions to enact in exchange for cheaper cost (or if not cheaper cost then stronger effect after it is complete) be an okay thing to make for a character?
4: if that idea is something that you think would work ill be considering a runic caster type character, otherwise ill just yet again go back to the drawing board
5: i am trying not to get too many spoilers as to what has happened story wise or what secrets people have, so could someone give me a real real brief update as to what is happening and what sort of group is currently running? (like what role composition do we have? bunch of range, munch of melee, stealth? charm? even balance? healing?...???) sorry to ask for so much just because i want to come into this somewhat blind to the past my character would not know about and such
6: how much of what the group has done would be known in the general populace?
7: is it just one group or multiple parties?

1: are the "guardians of (insert element here)" a class or a race that is added to the class or a background, or???
2: in the section of custom class what does the "add 1 to each for each Artes you chose" mean in reference to the base stats?
3: would making a style of Artes which required a number of actions to enact in exchange for cheaper cost (or if not cheaper cost then stronger effect after it is complete) be an okay thing to make for a character?
4: if that idea is something that you think would work ill be considering a runic caster type character, otherwise ill just yet again go back to the drawing board
5: i am trying not to get too many spoilers as to what has happened story wise or what secrets people have, so could someone give me a real real brief update as to what is happening and what sort of group is currently running? (like what role composition do we have? bunch of range, munch of melee, stealth? charm? even balance? healing?...???) sorry to ask for so much just because i want to come into this somewhat blind to the past my character would not know about and such
6: how much of what the group has done would be known in the general populace?
7: is it just one group or multiple parties?
hey babe you know I could of answered this for you =P
and I can give you a detatailed response in a bit, but if someone else beats me to the punch then se la vi

1. I do not understand what you are asking for this one. Was it something mentioned or written somewhere? Which Character Sheet are you using? The Non-human form was for a new IC I was trying to bring up before the Update.

2. You can skip that part. that was a leftover I forgot to remove from the last time I updated the CS.

3. Please do not change any of the numerical values on the sheet as they are fixed for all players. It should be marked there.

5. Players create characters as they see fit, not merely by what is needed to fill roles. However, the composition is quite balanced at the moment, when you consider everyone together, however that differs as the group breaks up into smaller teams for missions

6. Not much, it is a mercenary group that works for a Kingdom among Kingdoms. The scale of their actions have only affected the people in positions of power and influence.

7. It is 1 group.

hey babe you know I could of answered this for you =P
and I can give you a detatailed response in a bit, but if someone else beats me to the punch then se la vi
haha, well you seemed like you were rather busy (or sleepy??) the last few days, so i didn't want to make you fill your plate any more than you needed to *hug*

thank you for that information !!
1: yeah, i think it may have just been rough draft info you had down for other races... i think anyway? it was below the two spoiler areas, where it talked about the 4 guardian groups
2: oh, okay, good to know
3: i wasn't going to change to costs to learn them, it was more about how his spells would work in-game, (like the SE cost was what i was considering adjusting, not the TP cost since it seems that SE cost is not [as far as i could see??] pinned down)
5/6/7: okay cool, just wanted to know what i was getting into and not end up adding to a balancing issue (been there, done that, firing line groups are... not the best rp stuff, but then neither are meat walls)
----------
8: so are your base stats fully linked to your class's skills or something?? or what exactly determines that, do we have a TP pool to build from?

Last edited:
You cannot adjust the SE cost for an arte, the only time you ever do that, is Rank Succession. Thats when you have all five of your artes purchased.

oh, okay, good to know, well i guess i can still flavor text them, and effect the way they activate, no prob, i din't ever find that part of the info

thank you for that information !!
1: yeah, i think it may have just been rough draft info you had down for other races... i think anyway? it was below the two spoiler areas, where it talked about the 4 guardian groups
2: oh, okay, good to know
3: i wasn't going to change to costs to learn them, it was more about how his spells would work in-game, (like the SE cost was what i was considering adjusting, not the TP cost since it seems that SE cost is not [as far as i could see??] pinned down)
5/6/7: okay cool, just wanted to know what i was getting into and not end up adding to a balancing issue (been there, done that, firing line groups are... not the best rp stuff, but then neither are meat walls)
----------
8: so are your base stats fully linked to your class's skills or something?? or what exactly determines that, do we have a TP pool to build from?

The Non-human CS has a selection of Guardian Clans that are available, Elves, Gargoyles, Mermaids etc. They each fall into the 4 groups of Land, Sea, Sky and Core. Whichever you choose determines the Base stats which cannot be modified.

When your characters is approved, you will be given a Token Points Counter, along with TP. You may use TP to unlock or purchase from the RP shop giving your character abilities.

My advice, is not to invest to heavily in working out the Artes, that is what I look into the hardest and where I really nerf abilities. Feel free to look at other CS's to get an idea of things. Good rule of thumb, the simpler they are, the easier they are approved.

1: Power is not really my goal, i tend to prefer utility or use-ability over (to use the anime Konosuba as an example) "Exxxplooooosiiioooonnn" magic, even in D&D i tend to have lots of the smaller, utility spells and maybe only one real "kill it with fire" type last ditch attack haha.
2: i normally like when there can be some slightly variable uses if i have the time to choose, however even the most basic spell types (heat material *cough cough*) can have many uses, so long as there is a little time to think and/or plan.

3: btw how does SE recharge? during down time? each round? over the day? i could not seem to find that info.
4: is there a base amount of Artes that a player begins with? or is it entirely TP buying based?

that moment you realize the tapestry in your room is pinned ever so slightly off center... KMN

1: Power is not really my goal, i tend to prefer utility or use-ability over (to use the anime Konosuba as an example) "Exxxplooooosiiioooonnn" magic, even in D&D i tend to have lots of the smaller, utility spells and maybe only one real "kill it with fire" type last ditch attack haha.
2: i normally like when there can be some slightly variable uses if i have the time to choose, however even the most basic spell types (heat material *cough cough*) can have many uses, so long as there is a little time to think and/or plan.

3: btw how does SE recharge? during down time? each round? over the day? i could not seem to find that info.
4: is there a base amount of Artes that a player begins with? or is it entirely TP buying based?

Artes are part of the Combat section and primarily for RP combat systems, however they can be used outside of combat for other purposes, however SE will still be used, that is why most players will not waste arte uses outside of battle.

SE replenishes over a good nights sleep.If particular missions last over a day period with multiple skirmishes in between, a reasonable amount of SE, pre-determined by the GM will be replenished. SE can also be recovered in battle via Energy Sensing, or through the ITEMS capable of restoring SE levels.

All players have a Set of 5 Personal Artes, from level 1-5. You may create the entire set for approval now, but your characters will not be able to use Artes that are not unlocked via TP in the IC.

1: what color did he use?? seems he edited the color... that or if you mean mine then oops, sorry, i thought it was the best color across all the themes visibility wise that i still liked how it looked
2: ah, okay, sounds good, im writing up the character info, this afternoon has just been busy
3: what is the difference with personal Artes and regular Artes?
4: okay, that makes sense, no freebies sort of thing
5: could one type of Artes be able to change how another Artes worked aside from just canceling it? just curious if a spell could be used to like boost someone else's spell or inverse effects or anything else, does not really apply that much to this character, just curious more

1: what color did he use?? seems he edited the color... that or if you mean mine then oops, sorry, i thought it was the best color across all the themes visibility wise that i still liked how it looked
2: ah, okay, sounds good, im writing up the character info, this afternoon has just been busy
3: what is the difference with personal Artes and regular Artes?
4: okay, that makes sense, no freebies sort of thing
5: could one type of Artes be able to change how another Artes worked aside from just canceling it? just curious if a spell could be used to like boost someone else's spell or inverse effects or anything else, does not really apply that much to this character, just curious more

Artes are Artes, Personal Artes is just a reference to artes of a specific character.

the base stats for a human are HP 4, SE 15, CCA 3 right? or are they something else now since that's lower than all other races? was looking at the custom class thing is all

General Traits
Character Picture: sorry, I could not find a photo that was in any way accurate, he is the build of a true stone mason mixed with a martial arts monk (aka muscle T shape with good balanced muscles aside from the insane arms/pects), otherwise see the other sections below, very dexterous hands which are kept immaculate.
Character Role: Main
Character Name: Normand Cordoline McHeial (he does not remember this clearly however)
Meaning of Name: N/A
Alias: Woven
Race: Human

Appearance
Height: 6’10”
Weight: 390
Hair: Deep, Dark, Blood Copper Red, like Heart Blood run out on stone, various curls interweave the long mass which he keeps woven intricately like a family tabard down his back, similarly his braided full beard flows down from his chin and onto his chest, however it is as black as the hardest coal and as smooth and shiny as polished obsidian.
Eyes: His eyes are almost mirror-like, a crystalline lattice overlapping in intricate patterns, he was born blind, his eyes looking like lumps of dark stone shards, by learning the ways of the runes he etched in mark after mark in his eyes until they began to shine silver light and finally he could see for the first time.
Body Marks: his entire body is covered in multiple layers of runic script, scars glimmer as large base runes, inked lines then write within, metal filigree runes connect major runes to each other, all in all his skin looks like a moving tapestry of living symbols, and from the corner of your eyes some of them even seem to move.

Biography
Birth Place: Unknown
Date of Birth: Unknown
Nationality: Nomad
Personality: Survivor, curious, caring, cautious, calculating, perfectionist, very bright but socially repressed/unstable due to the many trials he faced and the lack of social interaction with only the masters around after being lost.
2 Positive Traits: Runic Protégé, Wild Intuition
2 Negative Traits: Unused to society, Animalistic tendencies
Weaknesses: Hydrophobia, OCD (in particular incorrect art, bad design, useless pieces or parts, or things he could fix), Perfectionist, children (will ALWAYS protect them, especially if they are crippled, or if they remind him of his sisters), women (has NO idea how to behave around them (he has only known his mother and sisters [while blind and little] or a few of the masters who were basically grandparents to him), stands out in a crowd, hates seeing others in pain or struggle (aka pure hearted)
History: He lost his way as a young child while he was still blind, he wandered and fell into water, all he knows is that after he found land beneath him (after what seemed like an eternity alone in the water) he had to crawl along the beach. He found a bush that smelled familiar (it was an herb his mother cooked with) and ate the leaves, after a few days of this and slowly moving, careful of his path he ran into a woods, he carefully followed the safe trails animals traversed and found their water and food. For a very long time he followed these natural roads, living as the animals and doing whatever he had to to keep moving until one day he found a road made by man, he could not remember what this was but it reminded him of his family so he took this path despite the lack of natural food he had grown accustom to, after several days he came upon an open area, this area high up the path he followed was in fact an abbey, seeing this young boy stumbling afraid into the yard, clothes all in tatters what little was left, they took him inside, the boy could hardly speak, so they taught him the tongues which each of the masters knew, they tried to heal his eyes before knowing that that was how he was born, then as they were trying to use the runic craft they noticed that the boy could empower the etchings just by feeling them, he somehow knew the meaning behind the runes which usually burn a person’s mind if they are not trained. To aid the boy in finding a way to live without help the masters taught him the runic arts, in his own studies he began to carve the runes into himself, not fixing his eyes, but rather writing them anew, mending his frail body, and learning how to etch the marks within the materials of the masters culture. However he does remember his parents and his sisters, and one day he hopes to see them for the first time.

Occupation: just trying to get back to those he loves and help whom he can on the way, uses his runic artes and physical abilities to do what he can along the way.
Life Skills: survival, animal interaction, tracking, craftsmanship in almost every material, arcane theoretics, material grade judgment, human translation machine (many languages written and spoken, and animalistic body language speech), cooking (always tried to learn from his mother, then was the only willing cook’s aide in the abbey), weaving/braiding/knots from his sisters and the related crafts and languages of the masters, hunting (though not wanting to hunt and kill himself unless there was no other choice, he learned how to do it in order to avoid being hunted while in the woods)

Material Possessions
Clothing and Attire: Robes and slippers which he crafted at the abbey, they are woven from natural crystal fiber which he coated in metal, the shifting mirror-like surface lets him blend into the wilds better while he is traveling and also give him some protection, however in a normal city it tends to look shabby and gray due to what the building around him look like, he sometimes forgets to put these on, never really recovered from the time in the wild. Aside from that he has numerous bags and a few sealed pouches for drink, food, and supplies, a warm hat made by one of the masters, gloves which are made to protect the hand without hurting dexterity (no cuts from working and nice and room temp despite heat or cold).
Personal Items: Runic Steele, a tool made for etching runes easier, it is enchanted to allow clean marking in any object without breaking the object, if he does not channel his SE through it the tool works as a normal chisel albeit unbreakable and insanely sharp. A set of carved lodestone masks, each portraying the face of a family member so he can show them to someone and find his family again. A set of knives for crafting, cooking, and other such uses. Several pigments, inks, oils, waxes, and other materials for rune crafting. A spool of crystal wire to fix anything that breaks and/or to repair his filigreed runes if they are damaged. Some clay and other materials. A small saw. A craftsman’s hammer. A pocket anvil. A set of lodestone mirrors. (all items are things he made or collected) A small cooking pan set. A walking staff which he uses like a cane if he is trying to see how people are (fakes still being blind). A rough map of the world with main towns and some small towns/routes labeled thanks to the masters, it also has a list of advised dos and don’ts on the back and some other notes. A book of notes where Weave keeps a log of what he knows. A bracelet with each of the master’s insignias on it in case Weave gets lost or in trouble or something, each insignia is a speech gem (can’t remember actual name you used) with a master, but they are rarely awake or free from their studies. A small lyftstone in a balloon made of the shiny material like his clothes but lacquered smooth to use either as a signal or to scout ahead (one side reflects like a mirror, the other sparkles like crazy, turn inside out to switch). (not sure if this goes here) Pet (need to talk with the DM about the animal concept and if it would fit in the bestiary)

Combat Section
Custom Class: Runeomancer
Description: (need masive help on how to do most of this) By etching arcan sigils into a material and infusing their SE a Runeomancer can infuse a spell into the target, these runes can be used in a few ways, they may be stabilized into a mobile “runic base”, a precisely made item (exact nature depends on the material), then will trigger when a specific interaction happens to the base (it is touched, it breaks, a spell is cast upon it…), these lose the charge when activated but can be recharged quickly. It can be etched into a location, creating an effect which, though weaker in general, lasts for a while. It can be etched in a target directly, these have the strongest effect and can be made to last if there is enough time to do so, however most of the time this is very dangerous to do since you must be able to mark the target directly. This class is somewhat secretive about their art and is very hard to master, however if they have the time to plan ahead then there is almost no challenge they can’t overcome. Roles: well balanced, weak long range, great traps, strong close range spells decent at combat, slow in prep time usually.
Elemental Affinity: Wood, Steel, Earth, Ice
Types of Artes: special??? Need to be crafted beforehand or made in a dangerous way, but more options??? Admin or wise old players please chat with me on this as I also don’t exactly get the difference of some of the Artes types X-/
Base Stats: HP 4 / SE 15 / CCA: 3

Special Ability: True Seer, through a mix of his nature, his time in the wild, his new eyes, his training, and his observant nature Weave fully understands what is happening around him, not the social implications and such, but the very core of the matter, thus he sees through lies(at least knows them as lies or knows when something in front of him proves otherwise), understands what is broken or wrong, and can learn how something works with ease. (The first time he saw a street magician who was scamming the crowd did not end well. X-P )

Runes Artes:
Overview:
Type: Choose one of the types that are made available by your Class
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Elemental: Choose from the ten elements
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle

Arte level 1
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description:
Elemental:
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2
Name of Arte:
Type:
Description: