• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey Legends : A Story of Celes

Legend Entry B1/C1/V3
full
Title: A Concealed Destiny
Date: Eclasen 7th 997 C.Y.A.D. 8am

" Wealth is a bottomless pit. We accumulate riches to feed our greed, but in the end, Greed will consume us till there is nothing left. "
- The book, Proverbs of the Western Ancients

Celes and her companions left the Farmer in high spirits having accomplished their mission to eradicate the Beast that has been plaguing his livestock. And so, they bid farewell of the farmlands of the Windsor Region to return to Port City Victoria. As they predicted, the group was able to get on the Noon train heading back to Grand Station, and arrived in the early evening with no problems this time. As per the Requestors instructions, they gave a notice to the Innkeeper of the Travelers Crossroards so that he may contact their employer about a meeting. Later that evening, Celes was handed a note that the Requestor would meet everyone for breakfast at the Inn. They therefore stayed the evening knowing that tomorrow may be the last time they see each other. None was more aware of this than Celes and because of that, she had difficulty getting to sleep.

The following morning they all arrived at the dining hall early, and noticed that the Requestor was already seated at the exact same table where they had their first meeting. " Good morning Sir. " greeted Celes.

" Good morning Celes, everyone. Please have a seat, breakfast will arrive shortly. " the Requestor informed them.

" I just came for the money."
Ryusuke curtly remarked as the others took their seats. The swordsman remained standing in defiance. Celes thought he was in some hurry to leave them. The mysterious Requestor pulled from his sleeve four small pouches. Each pouch contained 2 gold coins and 5 silver coins, with a total value of 2500 diamars. It was the promised bounty of 10000 diamars.

" It appears that there is a surplus? "
Nadezchka pointed out. She was correct in her assessment. The divide was supposed to have been from Nine thousand as 1000 diamars was given in advance.

" Yes there is my dear. I wanted to gift this extra amount, in exchange for the pleasure of your company for breakfast. " he said slyly awaiting for Ryusuke to sit down and accept his extra incentive. Oddly enough the swordsman did. " Wonderful. Ah, here comes the banquet now. " Celes became suspicious that the Requestor had ulterior motives about this breakfast together. It was brought about by her instinct as a Chronicler adventurer. She wondered if the others had the same thoughts. " Judging by your appearances, you managed to exterminate that Serpentyne quite effectively. "

" How did you know it was a Serpentyne? "
Ryusuke questioned. The others were also surprised of the Requestors Knowledge.

" Educational guess. "
he joked. " But honestly, that's not important, what is important is that you dealt with the problem and did it well. You went in with minimal information and overcame the immense odds to conquer the request mission. What is most impressive is that you did all this while working together for the first time. "

" Sir, I don't mean to sound like Ryusuke here, but what's your angle? "
Celes asked.

" This was all a test wasn't it."
Nadezchka pointed out.

" Very good Miss Nadezhcka, very good. You discerned my intent quite well. " he applauded. " Yes, this was a test. " At that, Ryusuke jumped out of his chair ready to fight. " Now now, you were handsomely rewards were you not? "

" I don't like being toyed with. "
Ryusuke threatened.

" Let us hear what the Requestor has to say. "
Gensho finally spoke. The women seeemed a bit anxious, but the Requestor was unfazed. Ryusuke got back into his seat, no longer in the mood to continue eating.

" Let's answer your question now Celes. As Nadezhcka pointed out, this request was a test that you all passed quite well. And because you all succeeded I wanted to personally offer you a more rewarding request, straight from myself, no strings attached, or hidden I guess I should say. " The requestor then took a napkin and with a pen provided to him, he wrote something on it. " This is the reward for each of you if you accept. " He revealed the writing. On it was written the number 1 000 000.

Destiny System

Who should respond first to the Requestor?

1. Ryusuke

2. Nadezchka

3. Gensho

4. Celes

Please vote here
Principle Journey Legends: Voting/ Discussion/ Inquiry Thread

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back