• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Princess Switch ~ A Medieval Maze Runner RP

Swift_Phoenix

Same heart, same blood
Roleplay Type(s)
The Princess Switch
A Medieval Maze Runner RP
By Swift_Phoenix Swift_Phoenix and Aramas Aramas

Kingdoms/Provinces (with Relevant Characters):

Lavina (RCs: Swift, Alex, Sonya and Newt)

Myrrinn (RCs: Thomas, Teresa, Minho)

Trisian (RCs: extra -- maybe Alby, Brenda, Chuck)

Fayntre (RCs: extra, just in case we need another kingdom)

Deorum in Terra (RCs: Aramas, Samara)

Characters:

Lavina
Swift (Princess), Alex (guard), Sonya (Princess) and Newt (Prince)

Others from this kingdom
Agnes (Swift’s handmaiden), Trevor (Newt’s servant), King Midiad (Newt and Sonya’s father), Queen Maria (Newt and Sonya’s mother)

Myrrinn
Thomas (Crown Prince), Teresa (his betrothed ;)) Minho (a guard)

Trisian
Extras -- Alby, Chuck, Trevor’s family, Teresa’s family.

Setting outline:

Deorum in Terra

Samara is the princess’s twin sister, except no one knows about her. Only her parents know that there were two children, and they are going to keep it that way. Samara has a kind of persuasive power over people, so that once she tells them something they have to listen. It’s not magic, it’s just how she is able to twist other people’s words and confuse them.

Her twin, Aramas, also knows about Samara, though their parents don’t know that she does. Samara has been kept locked up in a dungeon deep in their castle for 11 years (since she was four) but on her and her sister’s 14th birthday, Aramas found Samara, and now every Saturday they switch places.

No one realizes, but it has shown Samara what the outside world is like, and how wonderful it is, and now Samara is growing restless and hateful of her parents. Even now, she is planning their dooms, and her rise to the throne as the eldest twin.

Lavina and Myrrinn

Once upon a time, there were two kingdoms called Lavina and Myrrinn. They lived in peace and harmony, with festivals and intermarriages shared between them and other kingdoms like Fayntre, Trisian, and Deorum in Terra alongside.

In Lavina, a wise old king had two children whom he named Sonya and Newt. They lived considerably quiet lives until the king’s brother and sister-in-law were killed in a battle between Lavina and the tribes of the Northern Reaches, leaving behind a young daughter, Swift. The kindhearted king took her in and treated her like his own, and she formed close-knit bonds with her two cousins, the three becoming inseparable. They have also found new friends in the affianced couple of Myrrinn.

In the latter kingdom, the king had betrothed his son, the Crown Prince Thomas, to the Lady Teresa of Trisian, fabled to be the most beautiful girl in all four kingdoms. The two got along well enough, even loving each other, but as was obvious, they did not think marriage was a suitable, nay, not even likeable course of action at the present time. Needless to say, the king was not informed about this lest there be a royal father-son spat, and as far as he knew the couple were — to pardon the pun — in love with the idea.

Soon royals from both kingdoms will travel to Deorum in Terra to celebrate the princess Aramas’ 14th birthday, and the princess switch will begin.​

Last edited:
Lavina

A swoosh marked the sound of curtains opening, and blinding sunlight flooded in. “Agnes, just five more minutes,” Swift, the older princess of Lavina, groaned. “You simply do not have that time, Your Highness. Your schedule is full today.” The maid drew back her covers. “Now, tell me you’re awake, or I shall have to bring in that guard friend of yours to get a response.”
“I’m awake,” Swift mumbled. “Please don’t get Alex, he’ll just bore me with a terrible story. And make sure I actually have time for lunch.” “As you wish, ma’am.” Agnes saw herself out of the room with a satisfied smile.
“Oh, and Princess?” She looked back into her mistress’s chambers.
“Yes, Agnes?”
“Your schedule is completely empty.”

Man, sometimes Agnes can be so bossy, but so right. Swift ran out of her room, straightening the shirt and trousers she had commandeered from her cousin’s old clothes. Her aunt and uncle, the king and queen, absolutely hated the idea of a girl — a princess, too! — wearing anything but a dress, so she always made sure they didn’t see when she decided to. Agnes, along with the rest of the palace staff, had figured out that it wasn’t worth reporting the hardheaded princess long ago, and now they let her pass without even a second glance. Now, where are my cousins?

She darted through the halls, poking her head into each room to see if they were there; she couldn’t wait to tell them what she had just overheard in the kitchens, not necessarily because she loved the news, just because she wanted to see their reactions. Finally she found them in a drawing room off the Great Hall and flopped onto a couch beside Sonya, panting.
“Guys,” she said once she had caught her breath, “you’ll never believe what I just heard.”
They both looked at her, startled; “Hmm?” Sonya blinked wide blue eyes at her and Newt just asked. “Why? What’s going on, wolfie?” She grinned at the nickname and then proceeded to drag out the news, just like they hated. “Well, I was by the kitchens, and while Cook was yelling at Ruby for dallying, Marie said that Stephen said that Ben said that Harriet said that Randall said that Trevor—”
“Wolfie,” Newt interrupted. “Just get to the bloody point.” “Oh, yeah. Okay. So anyway, after all that, it turns out Trevor’s family is from Deorum in Terra, and his cousin sent him a letter last week to tell him the princess is having her 14th birthday party this month. So then—” she paused to take a breath and continued — “after I left, I ran to try and tell Agnes about it but I overheard your parents talking and they said some royals from our kingdom should go, but your mom went, ‘I don’t think I will, dear, I’ve had too much of princesses lately’ so your dad said, ‘Why don’t we send the children, then? They’ll be a good representation.’ So in the end your mom said yes!” She sprang almost a foot in the air. “We’re going to Deorum in Terra!” The other two reacted with equal energy; Sonya joined her in jumping with excitement while Newt smiled with pride that they were “good representatives”; he’d been trying, for as long as the girls could remember, to impress his and Sonya’s parents, and it looked like he’d finally done it.
Agnes is going to freak!
Oh, wait.
Agnes.

“The purple compliments your hair, milady, but the green goes with your eyes.”
Swift groaned, not unlike she had at the beginning of the day. “Agnes. Do I have to?” “Yes, you do, Princess. You are representing the whole kingdom, and your family. You have to look your best, even if your best feels ‘stuffy’.” She held up the dress which her princess regarded with wary aversion.
“But Agnes…”

The two argued for a while, before compromising on a sleek dark violet dress with red designs at its hem. Agnes altered a pair of trousers to fit her better and so they reached only midway down her calf; they were less visible that way.
Secretly she thought the getup looked pretty good, and not as uncomfortable as some others she’d worn in the past. But that didn’t change her opinion on the clothes.
“I still hate dresses, Agnes.”
“I know, milady. But you look much more presentable this way.”

(That looks so good! By the way you can just call it Deorum if you want, as a shorter version)

Samara groaned as she woke up in the cold, dark cell that was her bedroom. As usual, she was shivering and her breath came out in short bursts, but she barely noticed it today. She rubbed her side, which had an inch deep indent from the stiff board she slept on. As she attempted to roll out of 'bed', she was surprised when she felt something tug her left arm backwards."Ugh, I'd forgotten they'd put that there" She sighed, as she tugged half-heartedly at the shackle that was cuffed tightly to her wrist. Samara slid her hand along the slimy chain until she found where they had attached it to the wall, just last night. She estimated that it was about 3 feet long, which was just long enough for her to reach the other side of the cramped room. Samara limped her way over to the short desk that housed all of her belongings, which were few. She grabbed all three of her shirts and gave each one a sniff to see which one was the cleanest. After selecting one she dragged on her only pair of pants, which was now more a pair of shorts than anything. She took her hairbrush, the only item she actually liked in this cell, and yanked it through her long, dark hair, until she was semi-satisfied with it. She grabbed a match from the hidden compartment she had made under her desk, and lit the lone candle in her room. Although the glow it let off was soft, Samara still had to shield her eyes. It had been a week since she had bothered to look nice, and equally as long since she had seen light. Eventually, she opened her eyes, and looked around at everything she owned. It took her a long time though, before she finally looked straight forwards, into the mirrow. There, reflected back at her, she saw a gaunt, hollow face, surrounded by an unruly mane of hair. A single tear slipped from her eye, and she collapsed down on the cold stone ground, despair seeping through her bones.
Meanwhile
Aramas rolled over in her soft plush bed, a contented sign escaping her lips. She reluctantly opened her bright green eyes and examined the room around her. At first glance, nothing seemed different, but then she realized. There were two outfits waiting for her at the door! Confused, she got out of bed and examined them. The one had a fair bit of padding in the chest and hip areas, and it was this that sparked her memory. Of course! Its Saturday, Switch Day! Aramas immediately set to packing a small bag with the padded dress, two flasks of water and two oranges. She then pulled on a pair of heeled boots, while also slipping two pairs of slipper-like flats into her bag. She gently brushed her hair back, and braided it with easy, practised motions, until it reached a point where there was no more hair left to braid. Aramas then wrapped the braid around her head, using the extra to create a bun at the back of her head. She quietly jumped out of her window, and ran off towards the dungeons.
(Sorry it took so long, and that it doesn't reference any other kingdoms. That will be up ASAP)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back