• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Prince's Return (Marvel 1x1 Rp)

Asgards Valkyrie

Hopelessly obsessed with fictional characters
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
t's been a long two years for the royal family of Asgard, and they have spent those years trying to locate their lost son Loki. Loki disappeared during a fight with Thor after he had broken out of his cell when the avengers had been holding him, there was no way to search the other realms. It seemed all hope was lost, and time for the family to move on. Well that is what they had thought and if they could see there son now they would be shocked, It had seemed that loki was gone and nothing would change that.

But yet here he was, Shaking his head as he stumbles towards the tall building ahead making sure not to be seen by anyone looking weak. The pain that seems to creep inside him consuming him seems to be getting worse by the minute as he looks ahead of him muttering under his breath shakily. He in truth seems distant from them like he isent fully there half there and half lost. As he reaches the bottom of the building looking up at it slowly trembling more suddenly shivering . He is still cautious even though it is the middle of the night knowing that full well there are the occasional few (like him) that had liked to wander about at night.

Starting to stumbles closer to the door of it he takes a deep breath looking round with a deep breath. It is scorching heat even though its still the middle of the night. The days are always worse and its hurting him, As well as all the cuts and bruises on his form already. As he reaches the side he cant help it his legs buckle and give way from underneath him as he sinks down onto the hot pavement beneath him. Knowing that he has no choice it was this or death here in the middle of the street and the heat that is whipping up around him. Raising a badly trembling hand he flicks it removing all the magic concealing him from others that may be looking, Hoping against all hope that there is someone looking out for him.

TheNanaBananas TheNanaBananas

It had been two months since the lost Asgardian Prince Loki had been found after thought dead for so long. Word buzzed about softly between many individuals as to theories and speculations on what happened. Many accused him of treachery, others simply called it a miracle that he survived. The only thing for certain was after mostly recovering physically from his grave injuries, the trickster god would not speak of what happened. Not even to his brother Thor who diligently checked in on him daily. It had got to the point that the line of people who demanded answers grew and a lot of them didn’t care to ask nicely anymore.

It was at this point, S.H.I.E.L.D had no other options. In a last-ditch effort and through many connections, through both Shield and the Avengers, that a young woman named Molly Lozier came into the picture. A simple psychiatrist by profession, she was the only one with the classification and odd knack for being able to council both heroes and agents dealing with trauma. She was not special in any sense of the word. Not a mutant, not an alien and not an agent. She was simply a person who had dedicated her life to helping people.

She walked herself, with files and papers in her hands, towards where she was told to report. Loki was being questioned again and as always, was not talking to anyone about anything. Her frizzy strawberry blonde locks tied into a messy bun in an attempted to look professional. Her glasses laying lazily on her nose as she entered the room, unsure as to what to expect.

Loki is sitting at a table alone looking round. He is chained to the chair that he is sitting on, this was understandable since most thought him mad, and others just thought he was some mad criminal that deserved to be locked up forever. This however is not the case for him, after all he was the one that knew what had happened. He alone knew the truth and why he had done the things he had. It truly was not his fault what had happened, but that does not mean that he should not pay to be honest he would rather that they did just do what he deserved, and punish him for what had happened.

Whatever the punishment was, it had to be on all levels better than what was going on now. he was left alone for hours, even sometimes days on his own. And then when someone did come, all they did was chain him up and try to force him to talk, to tell them what had happened to him, and they had gone past the point of asking nicely.

His brother had just been to see him again, there had been nothing different in what he had said. There had been the same attempt to try and get him to talk, seeing no shift in his mindset thor had quickly given up and retreated again seeing defeat.

Molly smiled softly upon entering the room, setting her files and such on the table. Her deep green eyes surveyed the restraints with distain as she sat across from Loki. This would be a hindrance in gaining any trust with her new patient. Molly made a mental note to talk to someone about it and began with flipping open a notebook.

“Hello, my name is Dr. Molly Lozier. Do you have a preference how I address you?” She asked nonchalantly, peering at him over her glasses. “I’ve happened to meet a lot of different kinds of people; however, Asgardian royalty is a new one.”

She tried to put on a calm and relaxing air. She could see he did not want to talk so there would be no point forcing him. The only way to help this man would be a long and thought-out process needing a lot of forbearance. She would simply just talk until he felt like replying.

Loki looks up at the new commer, his eyes narrowing a little in suspicion. He had not seen her around before, and that is always something to be cautious of, especially being around her and in the situation he is in. Glancing up he surveys her with his emerald eyes, giving a mistrusting look.

He looks up at her as she speaks. Listening to what she says and frowning a little bit, It makes him want to laugh, but he holds it back and watches her still. The thing was that what did it matter what he wants to be called, She would most likly, like all the others had, just ignore it and call him something stupid.

But then again there could be no harm, he supposes in saying it anyway, the worst she could do is disgard it. "Loki is fine", He states with a emotionless tone. Tilting his head a little he scowels "i dont want to be called any of the stupid nicknames you lot have come up with"

“Loki, pleasure to meet you Loki.” She smiled again making sure to jot down a couple of points down in her notebook. Molly knew coming into this that the situation would be tough and now that she sat there with him, it was only confirmed. Loki had mentally shut down. His eyes guarded as he watched her carefully. His body was tense yet unmoving as he sat in the chair. For a small moment, she hesitated in her confidence to help him, but shook the thought from her head.

“Are you thirsty or in need of something to eat?” She offered tossing a glance at the guards standing outside the door. “I’m sure I can manage something if you need it.”

Molly’s assignment from SHEILD was high priority even though she herself was nothing in comparison to some of the high-profile people here. They wanted info from Loki, to figure out the complete story. Her priority was helping the troubled man. For now, SHIELD and her goals aligned which allowed her to have some pull in the facility.

Watching her loki takes a deep breath. His heart is pounding and to be honest, he is surprised that she could not hear it as, they both sit there. His eyes flick to the notebook on the table, wondering what she is writing. Moving his gaze from the book, and too look down at his hands, chained to the chair with a metal chain. Biting his lip as he stares down at them, trying to voice the thought in his head.

Hearing the next words from her mouth makes him sigh. Shaking his head he looks up again, "No i dont need anything.....but thank you for at least asking me". His voice is low and quiet, there is a tone of great caution from it clearly anxious of this new commer into the room.

Finally deciding to voice the thought that is bouncing round his head, "could you get these removed", He gives a small jerk down with his head towards his hands, holding them up so she can see the chains binding them.

With a soft bite of her lip, Molly turned her attention down to the many chains that trapped him to his place. She had been warned of Loki’s ability to manipulate and trick however, all she saw when she looked at him now was a man who just wanted peace. Molly nodded and stood from her chair.

Before coming in she had demanded the keys to Loki’s cell in case of necessity of them. A locked and chained patient would in turn be guarded and shut down. It would be impossible to help him but it would guarantee her safety.

Swallowing hard and accepting the consequence, Molly walked around the table and began to gently unchain him. Her fingers gingerly working the heavy chains. The guards had noticed the sounds and stayed at the ready to help if needed as each chain dropped to the ground with a thud.

“Your wrists look a little sore. I will bring something to help soothe the raw skin soon.”

Loki watches her and takes a deep breath, he sees the look in her eyes and the way that she bites her lip. It makes him know that she is unsure about removing the chains. Taking a deep breath again he watches her even more closely.

he does hope that she will be able to get them removed, but then again, he had asked many times to others there, avengers, staff and gaurds. They had all just quite simply laughed at him, it could not be clear all they wanted was information, the story of it all perhaps, but the main thing is that they dont really care about him.

But again he is taken aback, as she rises up and goes to move over to take off the chains, that contain him. Looking up at her as she reatches him, he sighs and watches looking down as her hands slowly start to undo the binds and chains. "thank you".

Watching as they thud to the floor he nods slowly. Moving his hands to rub his wrists he winces, and lets out a small hiss of pain.

With a quick search, she noticed a first aid kit hanging on the wall. Snatching it off the wall, she managed to find a pain killing ointment and some soft bandages to dress the raw wounds on his wrists. The guards simply sneered through the door’s window and turned their backs to her. It was obvious their feelings towards Loki yet Molly paid no mind.

“Hopefully, that will help with the pain and heal it quicker. I’ll talk to someone to try and make arrangements for you but I don’t think I can promise much.” She explained finally standing to take her seat again. “I’m not really an important individual in the organization but I am tenacious.”

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked down at her notebook. A couple notes of the condition Loki was and possible solutions a scribbled mess on paper. It pained her to see just how bad it all was.

“So, I suppose with that nasty business done. Is there anything in particular you would like to talk about or ask? I would love to get to know you.” Molly tilted her head with a soft smile that crinkled her nose.

Loki follows her gaze over to it. It makes a slight flicker of hope rise up inside him, that maybe she could help and all was not lost. It was something he has not felt in a while, almost like fire its a strange feeling that he has not felt for god only knows how long.

Watching as she moves back over with the kit. He holds out his wrists to her, guessing that she will not want to get too close to him, it was the way with ost arround here. They always hated him and did everything in there power to make that clear.

As she finishes and moves back round to her seat, he smiles a little bit, its the first time he has in a while , it hurts a little as it curves onto his lips. Thinking he shakes his head "I cant think of anything"

She couldn't help return a smile upon seeing his face light up. It was hope and it meant she could help him if she just continued to try.

"Alright, I'll just ask some random questions." Molly sat and pondered some questions from complex to silly. This first session would be simply getting to know one another. She wouldn't ask any question that might upset him incase it triggered his guard. This was a chance to slowly break down the Icey walls. So for the next two hours, Molly asked all kinds of questions. What was his favorite color, what was his likes, dislikes, and even showed him pictures on her phone of her fat fluffy pugs. It was actually really pleasant and she could see a more confident and content side of Loki showing itself.

Sadly, the pleasant atmosphere would end with a loud rap at the door. The Guard was signaling it was time to stop. Molly sighed and looked down at her notebook of facts on Loki and random notes.

"It appears our time today is up but I will be back tomorrow if you don't mind." She smiled sweetly looking for his reaction.

He smiles a little bit, but looks away his cautious mind taking over suddenly, making him seem to shrink back a little.

Nodding a little bit loki watches her think. He feels a bit more relaxed now that he knows she was not like the others that had come to see him. She is not going to attack him as far as he could see for now. and it dosent seem like she is trying to hurt him, for the moment it seems like she is true to her word and does want to help. He has a slight nagging feel in the back of his head, that makes him sure that she may end up betraying that thought. He sits ther, cautious as first to answer her questions, but after a while he starts to open up and answer her with a small smile feeling a little more reassured.

Looking up at he hears the nock, it makes him jump as he sees the gaurd with a small frown.

Looking back at her he gives a small nod "alright"

Molly nodded grabbing her things and standing. This had been a promising meeting and she looked forward to continuing his progress. There would still be a long way to go but she could see the slight change. It was like a small sparkle of hope in a pit of emptiness and it meant she was on the correct path.

"Tomorrow, I should have an office to work in. It will be much more comfortable there and perhaps we can have some tea and snacks. Until then, try to hang in there." She spoke softly and with a nod, and left the room. A set of guards walking into the room as the door clicked behind her. She knew he could not remain unchained and it pained her heart to know as she continued her day as normal.

Of course, Through the rest of the night, her mind would not stray far from the broken man named Loki. Even at home she sat and thought of different approaches and ideas of how to help him. It almost consumed her every thought. Eventually, Molly would end up falling asleep at her desk unable to research any longer.

Loki takes a deep breath as he looks up at her with a small frown. His emotions feel kinda all messed up, he had been holding them back for a while now and to be honest it now feels a bit weird to let them through. And to actually let himself feel them again, it hurts more than he had thought they would.

Looking up at her he hears her words, and he cant help it letting out a soft laugh and nodding a little bit as he takes a quick glance round. "i would like that, i hate this room but to be honest i dont know how on earth you will manage to convince all the gaurds". Giving a small nod back he watches her leave with a small sigh. Letting his face fall again as he looks round at the door.

Seeing the gaurds eneter the room he sighs and shakes his head a little bit. But at the same time he does not try and resist as they reattach the chains that bind him to the cahir, Before they sigh and leave him alone in the solatude again.

The next morning, Molly awoke and immediately got to work. She headed into her newly renovated office to organize everything the way she wanted it. She was lucky that the higher ups really wanted Loki to talk because that was the leverage she needed to get them to do almost anything she needed. However, she knew that would not last long and they were already losing patience with her. Loki was dangerous and needed to be contained in their eyes, his only saving grace and the main reason he wasn’t simply locked away was the unanswered questions and Thor’s protests.

Molly’s previous office was simple. A desk, two chairs and a filing cabinet. Usually if someone wanted to talk, she would relocate to somewhere more comfortable and the office did not get much use. Thankfully after many years of waiting, she got an office suitable for her work. It was a much larger room with comfortable chairs and a big couch. Gorgeous wooden end tables adorned with decorative lamps lit the room in a soft and comfortable light. She had a solid oak desk in the back with much more filing storage and even a mini fridge. It took a bit but she filled the fridge with water and snacks, lit lavender incents and decorated the room to feel more comfortable. This new space would not only help Loki, but anyone else she saw from then on.
Molly sat and waited. She had wanted to get Loki herself and bring him here but the hire ups refused. Their stipulation to bringing him here was there must armed guards outside the door at all time. She felt confident in her safety but some believed she was giving away her life.

There was a hard knock at the door before is swung open to two armed guards bringing in a tired and shut down Loki. Her heart ached to see him back to the way he was when she first met him.

“Thank you...You may leave now.” She said firmly. The guards looked at each other before looking back at the petite woman. “Shoo! Loki is in my care now.” She said again shooing the guards out the door. Once they finally where out of the room, Molly sighed and immediately whipped out the key she had to unchain him.

“Sit...please be comfortable. I will put the kettle on for tea.”

Loki has no chance to sleep that night, he hardly ever does the only time he probly could was when they all left him alone. He was always kept chained up in the cell that he was always cept in, at any other times that he was not being questioned after all. There was a table and the chair he was chained too, as well as a bare metal bench on the wall that he was expected to use as his bed and try to sleep there. Most times it was alright actually, he was used to sleeping on the floor so the hardness of the bench was nothing compared to what he had used to sleep on. This now almost seemed as a good thing.

BUt still there was always part and if not most of him that despised it all. Even when he did manage to sleep there was always the dreams and memories that would torment him every time that he closes his eyes and make him have to live in fear. He knows that he should have told the avengers or the guards but the truth is that he knows what they would do at this news. And that would be too do absolutely nothing, they had made it clear that none of them cared about him in the slightest all they wanted from him was answers to there questions that they demanded. They would most likely let him die after he gave them to them after all they would think tat they would be doing the world a favour in doing so. He was in there eyes a danger to everyone after all.

That is how he is found the next morning when the gaurds come to take him out. Chained up as always and exhaused, he had shut down again as they move over not even looking up, as they undo the chains pulling him to his feet.He keeps his eyes fixed down on the floor as they walk. He only looks up when he is again pushed through a door and into a office its comfy interior makes him feel even more out of place here. Glancing round at the gaurds as they retreat, he hears her words and bites his lip anxiously moving to sit down slowly.

Thankfully with all the preparation, she had an electric kettle and some bottled water. With a quick flip of the switch, Molly was able to boil some water and prep some Jasmine tea. She also grabbed a plate of Oreos and set them down in front of him. He would not meet her gaze. His demeanor was hunched over and shut down yet again. All the progress they made yesterday was completely gone. A thought came to her but she would talk to Loki before making any brash actions.

"I'm sorry it took so long to get this set up for you...I had a lot of talking and paperwork to mess with. I swear if I have to read another waiver form I will gouge my eyes out." She jested as she slowly came back carrying the tea. "I have cream and sugar I can grab for you if you want some...you know what...i'll just grab it quick."

Molly couldn't help feel a little disheartened at the sight of Loki. He looked so sad and alone. It broke her to see someone so lost. She could feel a personal wound in her own heart tug and bleed at the sight.

"I know it is ridiculous to ask this...but I truly want to know...How are you doing? "

Loki looks down at the floor as he sinks down into the chair, she had gestured to. His heart is racing as his eyes stay fixed on the floor. Not looking up at her, the fear that was inside him when they last spoke that had initially been lessened a fair bit after, felt like it was back and just as strong as it ever had been. It made him feel worse than ever to be true to it all, and the fear that maybe he just cant be helped and its all lost, is yet again starting to creep in.

Lokis eyes flick up a little leaving the floor for a moment, to look up as she sets the plate down infront of him. "its fine", he murmurs quietly not wanting to make a fuss after all. That could take all hope that he could be helped, be stripped from him, The avengers may grow tired of him and they could easily decide at any momment that they had had enough, and they may start using more desperate mesures to get what they needed.

Looking over at her for the first time on hearing her voice, He takes a deep breath "Oh i am absolutly amazing i could not be better" he cant help but laugh after he has said is shaking his head a bit.

She frowned hearing the obvious sarcasm and pain in his voice. The chances of helping him were getting slimmer and slimmer by the minute but Molly would not give.

“As I assumed would be the answer…Did you manage to get any sleep?” She asked before blowing on her cup of tea and sipping on it. “Do you dream of anything in particular?”

Her questions were general but would help her evaluate how dire the situation in his mind was currently without being too noisy. He did not need someone just asking questions. He needed someone to care and listen to what he had to say. This would be a very tricky game with very high stakes and she just had to hope she did not make a mistake.

Loki lets out a small sigh, relising how pathetic he must sound and look for that matter. Just sitting there a complete mess, shut down and not wanting to even look up at her, since he knows what she must be thinking about him. She must be thinking about what the point was of helping him, this may be his last chance to be helped so in truth he should be making a real effort to get help.

Leaning back a little bit, he straightens up to look up at her, trying to bring himself together taking a deep breath and nodding "Yes, I did actually....not much for that matter but at least it was some." At her question about if he had dreamed of anything, makes him bite his lip a little bit galncing round the room. Seeming to fight with himself internally, he knows that he should tell her about his dreams but it feels harder than you would think. Nodding a little bit he sighs "yes, the same as it always is....."

As she expected, he was having dreams, and from the look of it as he contemplated saying anything, they were not pleasant. All signs of extreme PTSD. She listened carefully as she sipped on her tea.

“I am glad to hear you at least slept a little considering the conditions present…” She smiled softly even though she was still upset with the way everyone seemed to treat him. “Sleep is a good mechanism for the mind to process event in our lives. However, when something major happens, often times our mind creates nightmares or vivid dreams to cope.”

Molly sighed and licked her lips as she carefully thought of her next step.

“Are you comfortable discussing your dream with me? I would love to try and help make sense of it if it let you sleep better.”

Loki catches sight of the look in her eyes, it had not been what he had expected. He had thought she would laugh at the prounoncment even scorn at him, and yet she did not. She sat there nodding and looked at him, there was nothing hostile about the look he could almost say it was....worried. It was a strange thought to think that someone could possibly care about him and would want to help. But then again behold here she was asking him how he was.

His eyes fall back onto the floor, biting his lip a little bit as he nods. She was right it was good that he had slept, the only thing was that he had not been glad of it. In truth he had woken to feel a little worse than he had done before sleep.

At her next question his heart seems to start to beat much faster than before. The feeling of dread of unease the feel that he just wanted to run, slowly starts to creep back into him.

But this was one of the first times he was able to push it away. Forcing himself to stare down and taking a slow deep breath before speaking, voice quiet and full of dread."I suppose so...its not so much a dream rather than a memory in truth"

“A…Memory?” Molly hesitated, seeing how hard it was for him to talk about it, let alone admit it. She sat in her seat quietly, allowing him to process his feelings and words. He had to want this. He needed to want to reach out for help or there would be no point in her prying.

“Sometimes, dreams have a way of trapping us in the past by replaying moments over and over again. It is the mind’s way of trying to process the trauma but also a way to make the pain seem fresh.” Molly bit her lip and set her notebook down to give Loki her undivided attention.

“Do you want to talk about it, or do you wish to talk about something else?” She offered. This allowed him an escape while still opening the opportunity to talk.

Loki takes a deep breath as he speaks. He cant not deny telling her even this, the smallest piece of information about his dream. It felt hard and almost like every part of him was screaming in defiance, for him just to sit there, to refuse her help. That it would not do them any good, but then again the most predominant part f his mind, is telling him to tell her about it, knowing that would help him.

Bringing his eyes up to look at her, he listens to her words. Sending his mind into a new set of thoughts, and once again if he should tell her. It is starting to make his head ache which is not a good sign, for it to be hurting after so little thought about it.

Still he ploughs through it, leaning back a little and noddsing. "I think It would help, but I should apologise in advance, If i dont have the words to, its something I have never told anyone about before." He says in a quieter voice, feeling that its something that needs to be said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back