• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~ The Primordial Aura (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

k a l l i s t o

primordial
The Primordial Aura

Introduction
e89ddf7905b69a908538c3196264544b.jpg
This role-play will be a Medieval FANTASY Role-play with western and eastern mythological creatures. The ideology is dominantly eastern, western face claims will be allowed later on in the future. However the eastern culture, and eastern face-claims, will be the dominant aesthetic of the Role-play. The race that everyone will start of using is predominantly human. Supernatural powers will be introduced at a later time - we're a slow burning, hoping to be a long lasting role-play.
SideNote
"Yin and Yang are one vital force - the primordial aura."
Primordial means existing at or from the beginning of time; primeval.​
Upon joining the role-play you will slowly come to understand how the plot follows Tao YinYang.​
A synopsis will be supplied, but the plot will not be immediately exposed in this post.
Please add me on discord (kallistos#9339) if you have one, and if interested in joining then you will need to make one. The role-play will take place here on RpN, but majority of the OOC Chat will take place in a Discord Server that I have created. The Role-Play is officially open! Click here for the Character Sheet Thread.
Aspects
large.jpg

• The story takes place in a small, magical, south-eastern nation called Yōnokuni, where citizens live their lives in blissful ignorance and prosperity. There is nothing else that they want or need, for majority of the nation lives their life without struggle, but the thought to venture out to the world does linger. For, there are questions that pluck at the citizens of Yōnokuni mind; why are the Northern Mounts forbidden? What else is there besides this country? How long would it take to get the ocean's edge? What does the ocean's edge really look like?

With Emperor Koizumi at the top of the world, he refuses to allow his people to venture past their own waters in order to search for land, trade, and witness the end of the world. However, it's not like other countries, if they are out there, have come to their land and made themselves known. Did they just not find them yet? Just what, exactly, is holding Emperor Koizumi back from allowing his people to have their own free will? What is it that his people are not made aware of? Does this isolated nation possess deeper and darker secrets? With his Imperial Concubine and 'loyal' subjects throwing stones at his back, the Emperor wonders if he keep his position, or would he have to rely on his wife, Empress Koizumi, to help him?

The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don't give up.
    - Robert Tew
Background
large.jpg
  • 071e26ce76b36a9f0a22de9c3fae6029.jpg
    Artist
    Unknown

coding; allrightsreserved: @crucialstar& k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o

Links to the related Threads

Last edited:
Interested!!! Do you mind me using an existing OC? (I have to tweek her of course.) I'll post it below for review.

: Huang Ming Yue
Appearance: Ming Yue is an avid explorer, huntress, and tracker. Though she may appear small, at a height of 5’1”, she is very skilled for her age and carries herself with confidence. Because she explores the valley almost daily, she can often wears her black silky, shoulder length, hair up in a bun or pony tail. (Even though she is a tomboy of sorts, she takes pride in her hair and is sure to brush it daily. Because of her explorations, she will often be found wearing her dark leather hunting gear. This gear consists of a heavy wool cloak, a jacket, a mid-thigh length tunic, somewhat tight leggings/pants, and boots. However, when she is at home, Ming Yue will wear a simple quju as a request of her grandmother. (For reference, here is a picture.)
3662050135_98b0237b77.jpg

Familiarity with dragons: Ming Yue has always had an affinity for, and fascination of, dragons since a very young age; particularly water dragons. She would often times go down to a nearby waterfall, which fed into the lake, perch herself on a cliff at the top and observe them. On one such occasion, she slipped off the cliff, about to fall to her death; she was saved by a native dragon. Since then, she and Xiāng-Yíng have shared sister-bond like pact with the blue water dragon.
Brief History: Ming Yue comes from a family of metal workers and blacksmiths. Her family consisted of her parents, a grandmother Ching Lan, and a brother Cheng (age 10). When Ming Yue was small, about 4 years of age, her parents and elder brother died in a flood during monsoon season. Being that only Ching Lan and Ming Yue survived, her grandmother took it upon herself to raise them. As she grew, Ching Lan would regale her with tales of the olden times before bed; the age before the Great War. She loved them dearly and would always listen with a bright-eyed fascination. This interest drove Ming Yue to explore the valley, and surrounding mountains, in search of more knowledge of dragons.

Dragon:

Name: Xiāng-Yíng

Appearance: Xiāng-Yíng has blue incandescent scales covering her body with a silvery white main and hair at her legs, ears, and tail. (For reference, here is a picture.)
Asian_Dragon_by_TheStarChaser.jpg

DISCLAMER: I do not own or distribute any of the artwork used in this character profile. All credit goes to their respective artists/creators.

Looks so good, I can't help but want in.

Though, if I'm to be completely honest, I don't have a character sheet ready just yet, just got here and all, so is it alright if I submit one later?

BearBearBear BearBearBear It's okay if you don't have a previously existing character sheet. The role-play is still underway, and i'm mainly looking for those who are willing to contribute some more ideas as I go along working on it. I'm hoping to have it completed before the end of July too, so there's no need to rush a Character Sheet atm. However, it's always great to have it ready beforehand. :)

k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o Thanks for the heads up, I'll see what I can do when it comes to some Chinese or Korean characters so I'll definitely be ready by the time this is up =)) Will have to make a new Discord if we're really going to take it up there, my current one is a bit messy right now. Good luck with the world building; I might not be the best person to ask, but if you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me or something =))

Interested!!! Do you mind me using an existing OC? (I have to tweek her of course.) I'll post it below for review.

The character sheet is fine, but yes I agree - you will have to tweak it of course. I'm also not sure if I want to allow people to be able to own certain creatures atm. I'm still trying to organize the thoughts I have in mind, so the role-play isn't rushed and the like. No worries though! I'm not accepting Character Sheets yet - not until the 21st will there be slots open.

Yeah, I posted before you answered lmbo! Can you tell that I am excited? ^33^ :-D

Also, I would be willing to contribute ideas. I am foggy on Asian cultures but I can Wikipedia! lol

k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o Thanks for the heads up, I'll see what I can do when it comes to some Chinese or Korean characters so I'll definitely be ready by the time this is up =)) Will have to make a new Discord if we're really going to take it up there, my current one is a bit messy right now. Good luck with the world building; I might not be the best person to ask, but if you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me or something =))
Take your time - I was inspired through Chinese and Korean Dramas. xD Not everything in the role-play will be accurate because I am combining multiple cultures. Also, if you reread my post, western characters will be allowed if you want, but only eastern characters will be apart of the main plot.

Yeah, I posted before you answered lmbo! Can you tell that I am excited? ^33^ :-D

Also, I would be willing to contribute ideas. I am foggy on Asian cultures but I can Wikipedia! lol
Oh, that's great! I'd really love the help and i'm incredible excited too!! xD I was so happy I saw I had replies to this in my notifications~! DM me if you can so we can discuss our ideas some more! Do you have a Discord?

Also, I made a new Discord too because my previous was messy. xD I can relate lol tell me what your new user is so we can communicate some more through there?

Also, I made a new Discord too because my previous was messy. xD I can relate lol tell me what your new user is so we can communicate some more through there?

I'll be sure to do so when I get around to making a new one =)) If you want me to make one now so that we can talk more, then that's fine too =))

Oh, that's great! I'd really love the help and i'm incredible excited too!! xD I was so happy I saw I had replies to this in my notifications~! DM me if you can so we can discuss our ideas some more! Do you have a Discord?
Yes , I do. Caragia#9599

definitely interested. please shoot me a pm if you need any help. (: my discord is junie#8363 btw.

k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o Hi there! If you are still looking for assistance in world building and whatnots, I am confident in my Korean, Chinese and Japanese culture/ancient history/mythical lores, whatever you might be looking for. I have experience in building nations and conflicts and villains in Eastern medieval setting before. If you are interested, my Discord is JiHyo#4212
(Why do I feel like I'm typing up a CV? Lol )

k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o Hi there! If you are still looking for assistance in world building and whatnots, I am confident in my Korean, Chinese and Japanese culture/ancient history/mythical lores, whatever you might be looking for. I have experience in building nations and conflicts and villains in Eastern medieval setting before. If you are interested, my Discord is JiHyo#4212
(Why do I feel like I'm typing up a CV? Lol )
Oh yay! And a CV isn't necessary, but thank you for telling me! I'm happy you did! I've sent a friend request~!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back