• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Preying Seasons | Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

ADRIAN BECK

Outfit: Click! | Mood: flirty, serious | Tags: Mari ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

Adrian had wondered a few times thus far why Marissa seemed to be so closed off. He had been around long enough to recognize when a person had their walls up, and Marissa definitely did. She wanted to let go, she wanted to have fun with him, but at the same time, she didn't exactly know how. Or maybe she did, and she just really didn't want to let those walls down. Adrian didn't blame her, as he had no idea what had happened to hurt her so. But Adrian wouldn't be Adrian if he didn't at least try to bulldoze those walls down. Seeing Marissa's pretty smile was enough to make Adrian want to continue to do so. She was absolutely stunning, and he knew that he wanted to make her his bride. He could picture the beautiful aquamarine jewelry now that would become her mark, but alas, he couldn't give it to her yet. Not only was it not on his person, but they were supposed to wait until the last night of the festival. Buuuut... then again, when did Adrian like to play by the rules? He had found his one this time, and he was going to get those walls down, one way or another.

He led her away from two of his three brothers, telling Mari that she owed him a ferris wheel ride. That was nice and romantic, right? Sitting close together while the ride went around and around. He could even put his arm around her, bring her closer, place his hand on her chin and turn her to face him, lean in... Wait, wait, wait. The walls weren't down yet, he was getting ahead of himself. He lit up when she agreed to the ride, though he deflated some when she brought up paying for the tickets. He was definitely the type to go with the flow, it went along with his element and his very soul, but he also was a gentleman. Well, somewhere in the hulking, tattooed body of his. It was like 50/50, okay? Maybe 70/30. Off track again, Adrian! He looked down at the pretty blonde, a slightly lopsided smile appearing on his face. "Alright, fine, Mari. You can pay for the ferris wheel. This time." His grin returned, because he was already thinking of ways to distract her so that he could end up paying. Or maybe he would let her pay, and then he could just win her a stuffed animal at a game or something. Girls loved stuff like that, right?

He knew immediately by the way she tilted her head at his statement that he was wrong. But that didn't deter him or cause that grin of his to fade one bit. When she called herself spoiled, he laughed, a big, booming sound that filled the area around them. "No, my dear Marissa. Not spoiled. But if I had guessed that you had siblings, I would have thought you to be the oldest." He slowed his steps some, reaching over to gently cup her cheek, his gaze flicking to her pout. "But if you keep that pout up, I might keep guessing wrong." He winked, dropping his hand and moving towards the ferris wheel again. She went on to talk about her siblings some, and Adrian tilted his own head as she told him they weren't close anymore. "I can't imagine not being close with my brothers." He frowned now, especially when he heard her sigh. He wanted to ask more, but he also sensed that if he did pry, she would shut down and their time together could be over. So he let it go, glancing over at her once they reached the wheel. He saw the inner turmoil on her face, the decision in her eyes, and he hoped beyond hope that she would stay.

She suddenly slipped out of his grip and moved away, and for a moment he thought he'd lost her. But then she held up one finger, and slipped away to the kiosk, where she purchased two tickets and then made her way back to him. It hadn't escaped his notice that she was staring, but that was okay because he never broke eye contact. As she asked where they were, he grinned and this time became a little bolder, sliding his arm around her waist. "This way, princess." He winked at her again to tell her he was teasing. He gently took the tickets from her, handing them to the attendant. He barely looked at them before he stepped aside, letting them into a baby blue car. "Oh, my favorite color." He noted as he let her in first, helping her if she wanted, and then followed. The attendant shut the door behind them and then they were off, being lifted into the air. Although the air was not Adrian's favorite place to be, he didn't mind as long as he had Marissa beside him. He looked over at the girl, realizing she was trapped with him, at least for the next few minutes. "Marissa, I'm having a really good time with you." He told her, suddenly reaching for her hands, turning to face her more. "And I hope I'm not reading the situation wrong, and that you are having fun, too. Are you? Having fun? Or are you just humoring me?" A smirk tugged at his lips, but he was also genuinely curious.

coded by natasha.

game booth

mentions

none

interactions

Alarick ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

outfit

Jolene

werewolf bride

Going to festivals and carnivals was one of her fondest memories with the Captain. She remembered how he used to carry her toddler form around on his shoulders, high enough to be able to see all the way from one end to another. In true fire marshall way, he would explain the safety and fire hazards of every ride to her before asking if she wanted to go on them. Any other child might have taken those words to heart, refused to go on the rides and opt for the fried food and game stalls instead. But Jo had always been a headstrong, stubborn kid, traits that lasted well into her adult years. Whether the Captain had planned on his words to be purely educational or if he was truly trying to deter her from the poorly managed death traps was never answered. It had sure cost him a pretty penny though.

The smell of lemonade and fried food practically assaulted her senses, distracting her momentarily from Alarick's tightened grip on her hand or his need to collect himself after her rather straightforward words. The scotch certainly made her feel good. But Jolene wasn't the type to need any liquid courage to go after what she wanted. And right then, she wanted that fluffy stuffed wolf, oblivious to the implications or irony it was associated with. She heard a laugh from the rugged man alongside her and assumed it was due to the childish request rather than such a coincidence. Had she known of Alarick's true nature and intentions, she would have turned tail and run. But, ignorance is bliss, as the old saying goes. Offering him a pretty smile, Jolene easily responded, "I'm as certain as death and taxes, sweetheart."

The blonde let go of Al's hand as he approached the stall, seemingly determined to win the toy. Truth be told, the only person who had ever won her something before was her father. So this was a rather interesting turn of events. She stood alongside him, peering curiously between Al and the moving target course in front of him. He seemed strangely confident, but Jo oculdn't help but find that all the more attractive. Maybe it was his ego, but she was fairly sure there was no way he could win the wolf plush. After all, these games weren't really winnable. She smirked at Alarick's request. "Didn't take you as the superstitious type." Nevertheless, she leaned forward, her red lips parting as she blew on the darts, never breaking eye contact with the handsome man.

Much to the blonde's chagrin and surprise, the darts left Alarick's capable hands and found their target every time. Maybe her breath did provide some sort of good luck after all. "Well I'll be damned, you must be some sort of magician," she quipped, hazel eyes widened in surprise. Al held out the final two darts to her and Jo looked at them for a moment. In a completely uncharacteristic nature of her, Jolene felt a bit of anxiety, like she wanted to impress him and was afraid of making a fool of herself. It was unfounded, as she was a pretty good shot with knives and firearms at the shooting range. So darts couldn't be that different, right? "Alright. But I'll warn ya, I probably won't like as graceful as you," she answered, taking the darts from him.

Despite a brief moment of nerves, Jolene stepped forward and took her place in front of the moving targets. She focused in on the targets, following their patterns for a moment in an attempt to determine where they would be. Lining up the shot, the blonde felt the dart release from her fingertips and already knew that it wasn't a great throw. Thankfully, though, the dart sunk in to the very edge of the target, saving her from total embarrassment. Jo took a deep breath, focusing again, and pretended in her mind's eye that this was a shooting range rather than some carnival game. She tuned out all the bells and whistles and carnival sounds around her, hazel eyes laser-focused on the target. She released the dart, following it until it landed directly in the center of the final target.

And just like that, everything seemed to return to normal. Jolene was fully aware how lethal she could be if she truly wanted to be, and she realized that she may have gone on a bit too strong. Fearing she might have scared Alarick off, a faint pink blush tinged her cheeks. In normal situations, Jo wouldn't have cared what a man thought of her. But something about Al was just different, and she found herself caring a slight bit more than normal. Annoyed with the pair, the game master took the wolf plush from its hook and handed it over to Jolene. She thanked him, holding the soft figure in both arms. Turning her attention back to Alarick, the blonde offered him a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that. Sometimes I get a little too... focused, if you know what I mean."

nine lives

cotton candy stand -> meandering around

mentions

his brothers

interactions

Carina ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ )

outfit

Asher

elf king

There was no doubt in Asher's mind that the Elf Kingdom was the most beautiful place in the world. And he would know, because he had seen most of the world at various stages of societal development. Sure, Ancient Greece and Rome were both beautiful, but brutal. That was a continuous theme throughout human history it seemed. Humanity was inertly greedy and selfish, taking for itself with complete disregard for its fellow human. Elves, however, were different. In his kingdom, all beings lived in harmony. It was almost utopian in a way. Everyone worked towards the greater good for all elves rather than just for themselves. That, combined with the ethereal scenery, and the fact that it was his, made the Elf Kingdom Asher's favorite.

All that being said, Maple Grove still held a special place in his heart. He knew that one day he would find his forever true love there. Despite the dingy bars and unkempt hedges, it was nearly as beautiful as the Elf Kingdom to him, which was surprising given his minorly vain character. Asher took pride in his appearance as well as the appearance of his kingdom. It wasn't like him to really enjoy things that weren't attractive. Then again, it wasn't lost on him that beauty was in the eye of the beholder either. Despite all that, Ash was entirely certain Cari was gorgeous in all aspects, physical and mental. Her free-spirited nature made him worry she wouldn't enjoy being confined to the elven realm. But there was unfortunately not a lot he could do about that, and so he chose not to dwell on that fact.

The pink fluff melted in his mouth once again, and the brunette man savored the sugary sweet flavor. He was a little surprised such an amazing treat had alluded him for so long. But enjoying it for the first time with Cari somehow made it extra special. She repeated his name back to him, and it somehow sounded so much better in her melodic tone. She began to speak, rambling a bit as she did so, and Asher felt a sadness in her. His heart squeezed a bit as she spoke, realizing there was more to the redhead than an extroverted, bubbly personality and interesting face. "Yes," he responded, offering her a comforting smile, "Here's to hoping. Who knows, maybe you'll find your true home sooner than you think." The Elf King knew his words rang more true than she realized then, but he couldn't bring himself to explain any further.

"I have three brothers, though I wouldn't say it's been all sunshine between us. Adrian is the most outgoing of us, and the most visually intimidating. He's a bit of a troublemaker, but a good guy overall. Arthur is almost the opposite of Adrian. Responsible, a perfectionist, a little bit on the cold, introverted side. But, underneath it all, he really does have a heart of gold. Then there's Alarick. He's as loyal and brave as they come. A little headstrong and detached sometimes, but I trust him with my life. We all watch out for one another and do our best to make sure the others stay out of trouble. It's a bit of a task for some more than others. But I would trade any of them for the universe," Asher answered with a soft smile. Though they never really said it much, he truly did love his brothers, would do anything for them, and he knew deep down they would do the same for him.

"I'll introduce them to you sometime if you'd like. Though I warn you, we're a bit of a handful when all four of us are together," Ash added, letting out a low chuckle. "An only child, huh? That must have been a bit lonely," Asher continued, reaching out to take another piece of the cotton candy and popping it into his mouth. They had begun to meander around the festival together, more focused on talking and getting to know one another rather than their surroundings. The brunette king sensed that family was a bit of a touchy subject for Cari, and so he decided to steer away from it as best as he could. "So, my dear, I'm sure small-town festivals aren't your only pastime. Do you have hobbies, interests, or other favorite foods that you recommend while we're here?"

nine lives

Last edited:

Marissa Locke

Adrian’s didn’t seem deterred by incorrectly guessing about Marissa being an only child, his contagious grin ever present. For a split second Marissa tried to picture what an angry Adrian would look like, but found the task impossible. She offered a playful pout asking if he thought her to be spoiled, which earned a booming laugh from Adrian that had a warming effect on her. How this man was so care free, Marissa didn’t know, but she envied him and wondered if perhaps she could borrow some of his light just by being with him. Her pondering was interrupted though when he spoke again, his likely innocent words catching her attention. No, my dear Marissa… Whatever followed those words fell on deaf ears as Mari glanced up at Adrian, her pout still etched on her face, hiding the jolt she felt at his words. She didn’t know if she liked Adrian calling her my dear, or was annoyed by it, but it made her feel… something. She realized he was still talking though and tried to refocus.

“The oldest?” She echoed, trying to cover that she had missed his last comment. He slowed and Marissa matched his pace until his hand found her cheek, cupping it, and she nearly stumbled in surprise. His hand was large, satisfyingly rough, but gentler than she would expect. And warm. Even on the Summer day it felt nice, and Mari’s cheeks flushed a little at that thought. But if you keep up that pout up, I might keep guessing wrong. Adrian offered a wink and let his hand fall away, and Mari let out a breath she hadn’t noticed she’d been holding. “You’re dangerous…” She mused without context, realizing that it was nearly impossible to resist his charms at this point.

To keep the conversation light, Marissa started to talk about her own siblings, but that only backfired. Her thoughts about her family and the past, coupled with Adrian’s innate ability to push Mari out of her comfort zone suddenly had the blonde in a bit of a panic. For a moment she wanted to flee, but she didn’t. At least not far. She left Adrian only to get the tickets, before returning. The tatted man greeted her with a grin, and Marissa decided she’d made the right decision to stay. His arm boldly slid around her waist, eliciting butterflies in her stomach, and he took the tickets as he led them to the Ferris wheel. Having decided she’d be insane to miss her chance with Adrian, she smiled at his wink and leaned into his hold. She’d had her chance to run, and now she was going to see this to the end and make the most of it on the way.

The blonde was almost disappointed when she had to slip out of his arm in order to get into the ride car, but that didn’t last long. She glanced back at Adrian as he helped her in, hearing their cart was his favorite color. “Your lucky day!” Mari teased, committing this simple fact about Adrian to memory, even though she’d likely not need to know it long. The tall man took a seat beside her, and she stifled a chuckle over how much of the cart he filled. Not that she minded. It meant they’d have to sit closer. Blue eyes inspected the exposed tattoos on Adrian’s arms, now that she had a moment to take them in, completely forgetting that she’d suggested the Ferris wheel for people watching in the first place. She wasn’t able to look long though, because Adrian shifted in the cart to face her more, and his inked hands captured hers as he spoke.

Marissa, I’m having a really good time with you… And I hope I’m not reading the situation wrong, and that you’re having fun, too. Are you? Having fun? Or are you just humoring me? For a moment, Marissa was quite at a loss for words. At first, she thought Adrian might have been teasing with his gesture, because Mari felt like she was in The Notebook or the olden days. No man since James had ever held even one of her hands, let alone both, to ask her anything. But Adrian seemed earnest, even if old fashioned. How peculiar, she wouldn’t have expected it from him, but she didn’t dislike it…

Blue eyes flitted down to her hands which were hidden in Adrian’s, before back up to meet the man in question’s gaze. Her lips grew into an impish smile and she laughed lightly. “Yes, I am having fun. Even despite my best efforts not to,” Mari said teasingly, though honestly. Try as she might, she just couldn’t deny the fact that she felt more alive today than she had in a while. And though she knew she’d likely be paying for this in the future, she couldn’t help but like Adrian. “You are quite a force to be reckoned with, my dear Adrian.” Mari replied, borrowing his phrase of endearment from earlier. “I can’t imagine many people not having fun with you.” She added. Though speaking of imagining things…

The alcohol now fully kicking in from their drinks at the bar, it was Mari’s turn to be bold and her curiosity was getting the better of her. Using his hold on her hands to her advantage, she twisted her arms, causing Adrian’s to rotate gently as well so her eyes could scan the ink that lined the inner flesh of his arms. “So, tell me, are you addicted to pain…” She mused, her eyes running up his arm until the fabric hid his tattoos. “Or do you have have a lot of stories…” Mari continued, her gaze rising to inspect the tats that were exposed on his chest thanks to a few missed buttons. “Or do you just fancy making women imagine how many more hidden tattoos you have?” She smirked coyly as her eyes flicked up to meet his. “If it’s the latter, I assure you it works…Despite my best efforts.” She echoed.

Flirty, finally

Ferris Wheel

nine lives

Alarick Vernon

I’m as certain as death and taxes, sweetheart. The irony of Jolene’s confident reply was not lost on Alarick, and it was all he could do to keep from making some smart ass retort about Jolene not being as certain as she thought then. Death and taxes may have been certain for others, but definitely not for Alarick or his immortal brothers. Jolene would of course learn the error of her comment eventually, but there was no need to prematurely burst her bubble. Especially not when she was smiling so prettily.

Simply nodding instead, Alarick stepped up to the game booth and received the darts. Once in hand, he held them out to Jo for good luck, earning a smirk from the blonde. Didn’t take you as the superstitious type. Al shrugged a little, offering her a smirk of his own as she leaned over, the neckline of her top offering a pleasing view of her cleavage as she did so. “Can’t hurt at least…” He replied, enjoying the view as her red lips parted to blow on the darts while Jolene held his gaze. She’d clearly understood the assignment and had passed with flying colors. Next time, perhaps Alarick would chance asking for a kiss for luck instead. Couldn’t hurt at least, he figured silently to himself.

Turning to the game master, Al shot him a warning look after catching the man ogling Jolene, and imagined the man’s face on the target as he hit the first mark. Out of the corner of his eye, the werewolf could see Jo watching intently, and he confidently stuck the next two darts into their targets as well. Glancing over once he’d hit the needed number to win her the plush wolf prize, Alarick was a little peeved that Jolene looked so surprised. Apparently she hadn’t believed him when he said he’d win her any prize she wanted. Well I’ll be damned, you must be some sort of a magician. Al grinned smugly and scoffed a little. “A magician? They’re all smoke and mirrors. I assure you, I didn’t use any tricks. Just skill.” He retorted, handing the darts out to Jolene so she could join in on the fun. His grin softened into a reassuring smile at her anxious look as he told Jolene he wanted to see what she could do.

The blonde accepted the darts, and Al just waved off her comment about not being as graceful as him. He couldn’t mention his unfair advantage of having thousands of years to hone his skills, so he offered her a humble smile. “I’m sure you’ll do great.” He replied, putting his hand on the small of her back as she took her stance in front of the moving targets. He lingered behind her for a moment, appreciating the proximity while Jo watched the targets, before he moved off to the side to give her space. The moment the first dart left Jo’s nimble fingers, Al could tell it wasn’t going to make its mark by the look on Jolene’s face. His eyes hadn’t left her to follow the game, more interested in her reactions that her skill with darts. Only when she seemed to ease a little in relief did Al glance over to see the dart on the edge of the target. Not bad. Better than most, even.

As Jolene regathered herself for her second attempt, Al could see how hyper focussed she was. Her hazel eyes moved almost imperceptibly with the targets, and he was almost certain that a colony of nudists could walk by without Jolene even noticing. She was intense in this moment, and immensely attractive. Fuck the nudist colony. Al was tempted to admit all his intentions to steal Jo away, wed her, and make her the Queen of Spring while she was distracted. In fact… “While we’re here, just thought I’d mention I’m a werewolf.” He uttered passively, out of ear shot of the game master. It was a risk, but when Joe didn’t even blink an eye, Al chuckled to himself.

The second dart left Jo’s hand a moment later, nailing the bullseye and snapping Jo out of the trance she’d seemed to be in. A faint blush colored her cheeks, and Al tilted his head curiously, wishing he knew what she was thinking. Jolene was something else to be sure. The werewolf hadn’t meant the game to serve as a test, but in a way it had, and Jolene had effectively cemented herself as his next bride. There was no way he could let a woman with such drive and intensity slip through his fingers. The southern Belle was unlike any of his previous wives, and not just because of the way she spoke.

Al grinned widely as the game master begrudgingly handed Jolene the wolf plush and she turned to him with a sheepish smile. “Sorry?” He repeated surprised by her apology. “For being focussed? What’s wrong with that?” He asked sincerely. Perhaps it was because being laser focussed while on his hunts as a wolf was just part of his essence, but he couldn’t imagine who had put it into Jolene’s mind that this was something to apologize for. There were few things more satisfying that setting in on a target and honing one’s senses to track it and capture it. Or in this case, achieve it. Though it now occurred to Al that Jo’s job as a bounty hunter was much like his own hunts. Another reason she’d be a perfect mate.

“We’ll, now that you have your prize…” Alarick began, draping and arm around Jo’s shoulders since her hands were now occupied by the plush but he wanted her close. “Where to next?” He glanced down at the petite blonde beside him, ready to happily accompany her to wherever her heart desired. He wanted terribly to taste her lips, but he also didn’t want to frighten her off. Especially now that he was determined to make her his.

Certain as Immortality

Festival

nine lives

Carina Hawthorn

Had Carina known where Asher was actually from, her feelings might have been rather mixed. Her adventurous fantasy-loving nature would be yearning to run barefoot through the elven forest, feeling the soft green carpet between her fingers, touching the ancient bark of the trees, inhaling the damp smell of the forest and the field flowers growing all around. On the other hand, she would be rather cautious of the stranger whose motives were still rather hidden. Not knowing the ulterior motive Ash was hiding from her, Cari was open and relaxed around him as she considered him just one of the tourists. He simply happened to be the most interesting person Maple Grove had to offer.

With this accidental meeting though, Cari was feeling comfortable and not at all awkward as usual when men tried to approach her. Talking to Ash was easy, he was polite and funny and his face was blessed with handsome features which Cari found very pleasing to look at. Moreover, he was her fellow adventurer, discovering many things for the first time. Roller coasters launched their little adventure and now they were going on with the most amazing cloud of cotton candy. Slowly, they started walking among the crowd but in that very moment, there was no one and nothing else for Carina. Just the cotton candy and Ash.

As the handsome brunette talked about his brothers, Cari’s cheeks ignited with a soft shade of red. It was amazing to watch him how he talked about his brothers and their personas and for a moment, it made Cari feel a little sorry she never had a chance to feel what family really was. “They sound like real fun, I’d love to meet them some day.” the redhead smiled, stuffing more cotton candy in her mouth, spreading a few strings across her lips. Oblivious to her dirty lips, the girl kept looking around not to miss anything from the fair, anything that sounded or looked like she and Ash would have a blast doing.

“Yeah. I mean…only child as far as I’m concerned. In theory, I kinda had a lot of brothers and sisters but it never really felt like a family, you know.” Cari shrugged, lifting her big doe eyes to look at his face. “I grew up in a group home.” she added with her voice slightly quieter and took a shaky breath as thinking about the past was never the most cheerful memory. Sadness colored her eyes and her smile faded a tiny little bit. “But I’m here, all that is behind me. Now I get to live life my own way, you know? I am finally free of all shackles and I’m never letting anyone to imprison me in any way.” The girl kept chirping, unaware of the fate lying in front of her. But Ash was really making it so easy to talk and open up to him.

The words he addressed her with, “my dear”, seemed to have magical effect on her and her eyes lit up with excitement. Lifting the index finger of her right hand up, Cari reached inside her purse and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Fumbling with it for a moment, she opened it and mumbled quietly under her breath. “Roller coaster, check. Cotton candy, check…aaaha!” she grinned victoriously. “We can try and see the haunted house. Or maybe shoot some targets for a prize? Or if you’re in a mood for more rides, I think they have a pendulum ride somewhere. And then, we should totally go and get some pie. Pies. Plural. Not just one.” Cari giggled and looked up, putting her sunflower sunglasses back on. “So? Any of that sounds fun? Or shall we just browse?” she asked, utterly excited that she found herself a partner in crime for the fair.

mood; excited| location; fair | outfit; click! | tags; Asher MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
the elven bride

code by low fidelity.

Had Carina known where Asher was actually from, her feelings might have been rather mixed. Her adventurous fantasy-loving nature would be yearning to run barefoot through the elven forest, feeling the soft green carpet between her fingers, touching the ancient bark of the trees, inhaling the damp smell of the forest and the field flowers growing all around. On the other hand, she would be rather cautious of the stranger whose motives were still rather hidden. Not knowing the ulterior motive Ash was hiding from her, Cari was open and relaxed around him as she considered him just one of the tourists. He simply happened to be the most interesting person Maple Grove had to offer.

With this accidental meeting though, Cari was feeling comfortable and not at all awkward as usual when men tried to approach her. Talking to Ash was easy, he was polite and funny and his face was blessed with handsome features which Cari found very pleasing to look at. Moreover, he was her fellow adventurer, discovering many things for the first time. Roller coasters launched their little adventure and now they were going on with the most amazing cloud of cotton candy. Slowly, they started walking among the crowd but in that very moment, there was no one and nothing else for Carina. Just the cotton candy and Ash.

As the handsome brunette talked about his brothers, Cari’s cheeks ignited with a soft shade of red. It was amazing to watch him how he talked about his brothers and their personas and for a moment, it made Cari feel a little sorry she never had a chance to feel what family really was. “They sound like real fun, I’d love to meet them some day.” the redhead smiled, stuffing more cotton candy in her mouth, spreading a few strings across her lips. Oblivious to her dirty lips, the girl kept looking around not to miss anything from the fair, anything that sounded or looked like she and Ash would have a blast doing.

“Yeah. I mean…only child as far as I’m concerned. In theory, I kinda had a lot of brothers and sisters but it never really felt like a family, you know.” Cari shrugged, lifting her big doe eyes to look at his face. “I grew up in a group home.” she added with her voice slightly quieter and took a shaky breath as thinking about the past was never the most cheerful memory. Sadness colored her eyes and her smile faded a tiny little bit. “But I’m here, all that is behind me. Now I get to live life my own way, you know? I am finally free of all shackles and I’m never letting anyone to imprison me in any way.” The girl kept chirping, unaware of the fate lying in front of her. But Ash was really making it so easy to talk and open up to him.

The words he addressed her with, “my dear”, seemed to have magical effect on her and her eyes lit up with excitement. Lifting the index finger of her right hand up, Cari reached inside her purse and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Fumbling with it for a moment, she opened it and mumbled quietly under her breath. “Roller coaster, check. Cotton candy, check…aaaha!” she grinned victoriously. “We can try and see the haunted house. Or maybe shoot some targets for a prize? Or if you’re in a mood for more rides, I think they have a pendulum ride somewhere. And then, we should totally go and get some pie. Pies. Plural. Not just one.” Cari giggled and looked up, putting her sunflower sunglasses back on. “So? Any of that sounds fun? Or shall we just browse?” she asked, utterly excited that she found herself a partner in crime for the fair.

Last edited:
Arthur Donnovan

It definitely seemed that this time, the Maple Grove fair was being way more generous to all brothers than the last one. Or at least from what Arthur could assume. Three of them already found someone to spend their time with in a rather short time. And while he couldn’t speak for his brothers, he was sure he had already found his bride for next hundred years. Seeing Adrian with the gentle blonde in dress and Alarick with another blonde, but one who was an incredible bartender, able to read drinks from one’s eyes, Art couldn’t help but wonder how Asher was doing and whether he was equally lucky than other three brothers.

Not that Ash, Adrian or Alarick occupied Art’s mind for way too long. He was quite enchanted by the scene in front of him and while this whole attraction was butchering history in the worst way ever, the vampire king decided to try his hardest and ignore it. For the sake of the company. Tori seemed t be extremely excited about this whole thing and even someone with emotional span of a teaspoon like Arthur could see that she was not impressed with his hooker speech. Well, what was right was right. The truth is no sin. But the two were then supposed to pose and Art refocused on that rather than continue in his rant which might end up in repulsing his future bride completely.

What surprised the vampire more than he expected was the stomach and heart flutter he felt when Tori’s tiny body frame came closer to him. Through the thin fabric of her dress, he could feel her warmth and it left only very little for imagination as it hugged her curves. Even the stone cold organ in Art’s chest started to thaw a little and when their eyes met, everything else ceased to exist. There was just him and her, and that was all, that felt enough. Art could hear her breath hitch in her throat as she stood there and he leaned closer to place a kiss on her cheek. Her hand rested flat on his chest and only thanks to several layers of his costume, she wouldn’t be able to feel his cold skin. Something that couldn’t have been said about his hands on her body.

Once that was over, the photographer said he had enough pictures and Tori slipped from Art, taking a few steps back before she disappears in the back where she went to change. Art followed her example and changed back into his clothes as well, examining his costume one more time. It only made him to wrinkle his nose and he left it in the dressing room, leaving hastily. Checking the time on an elegant Rolex watch wrapped around his wrist, he patiently waited for the blonde to rejoin him. For a split second, it occurred to him that Adrian, Alarick and Art himself all found a blonde bride. If Ash brought a goldilocks as well, it might be a rather hilarious accident.

Tori returned from the dressing room as well and by that time, their pictures were ready. Art took one and brought it closer to examine it. “I like this one. It looks very genuine, look.” he spoke, offering the picture to Tori. “I think I will preserve this one to remind me of our time here.” Nodding his head politely, he sent Tori a small smile. “Is there any other set of clothes you wanted to try or shall we go? Perhaps some lunch would be in order now?” Art asked after paying for the photoshoot and pictures. He then offered the girl his arm, leading her wherever she said she wanted to go.

mood; content | location; fair | outfit; click! | tags; Tori, ( apolla apolla )​
the vampire king

code by low fidelity.

It definitely seemed that this time, the Maple Grove fair was being way more generous to all brothers than the last one. Or at least from what Arthur could assume. Three of them already found someone to spend their time with in a rather short time. And while he couldn’t speak for his brothers, he was sure he had already found his bride for next hundred years. Seeing Adrian with the gentle blonde in dress and Alarick with another blonde, but one who was an incredible bartender, able to read drinks from one’s eyes, Art couldn’t help but wonder how Asher was doing and whether he was equally lucky than other three brothers.

Not that Ash, Adrian or Alarick occupied Art’s mind for way too long. He was quite enchanted by the scene in front of him and while this whole attraction was butchering history in the worst way ever, the vampire king decided to try his hardest and ignore it. For the sake of the company. Tori seemed t be extremely excited about this whole thing and even someone with emotional span of a teaspoon like Arthur could see that she was not impressed with his hooker speech. Well, what was right was right. The truth is no sin. But the two were then supposed to pose and Art refocused on that rather than continue in his rant which might end up in repulsing his future bride completely.

What surprised the vampire more than he expected was the stomach and heart flutter he felt when Tori’s tiny body frame came closer to him. Through the thin fabric of her dress, he could feel her warmth and it left only very little for imagination as it hugged her curves. Even the stone cold organ in Art’s chest started to thaw a little and when their eyes met, everything else ceased to exist. There was just him and her, and that was all, that felt enough. Art could hear her breath hitch in her throat as she stood there and he leaned closer to place a kiss on her cheek. Her hand rested flat on his chest and only thanks to several layers of his costume, she wouldn’t be able to feel his cold skin. Something that couldn’t have been said about his hands on her body.

Once that was over, the photographer said he had enough pictures and Tori slipped from Art, taking a few steps back before she disappears in the back where she went to change. Art followed her example and changed back into his clothes as well, examining his costume one more time. It only made him to wrinkle his nose and he left it in the dressing room, leaving hastily. Checking the time on an elegant Rolex watch wrapped around his wrist, he patiently waited for the blonde to rejoin him. For a split second, it occurred to him that Adrian, Alarick and Art himself all found a blonde bride. If Ash brought a goldilocks as well, it might be a rather hilarious accident.

Tori returned from the dressing room as well and by that time, their pictures were ready. Art took one and brought it closer to examine it. “I like this one. It looks very genuine, look.” he spoke, offering the picture to Tori. “I think I will preserve this one to remind me of our time here.” Nodding his head politely, he sent Tori a small smile. “Is there any other set of clothes you wanted to try or shall we go? Perhaps some lunch would be in order now?” Art asked after paying for the photoshoot and pictures. He then offered the girl his arm, leading her wherever she said she wanted to go.

Last edited:

VICTORIA ZABIELSKI

Outfit: Click! | Mood: stunned| Tags: Art ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ )

Tori hadn’t planned on any of this, but she was finding her chance encounter with Art to be the best thing to happen to her. Coming back to Maple Grove, Tori figured that she knew everyone here and was definitely not interested in any of the guys in her hometown. They were all the same, all small town guys with small minds that didn’t match Tori’s big dream energy. That was the whole reason she left Maple Grove to begin with, and even though those dreams had blown up in her face, she knew she didn’t want to stay here forever. She still had those dreams of leaving, of exploring the world outside the only town she knew, but she knew now she needed a better plan. After her failed attempts in Hollywood, she didn’t want to have to return to live under her father’s thumb again.

Going into the town festival with such low expectations, maybe she shouldn’t have been surprised that someone swept her off her feet. But Art wasn’t one of these small town boys. He was a man, and he was making her feel all sorts of womanly things she’d never felt before. As they stood there taking the old timey photos, Tori could feel her insides shaking from the close proximity, and from the intense way he gazed into her eyes. Sure, he’d called her a hooker, which hadn’t set well with her, but a voice in the back of her mind told her there was something about him that didn’t fully comprehend what he’d done. Or maybe she didn’t understand him. He had an old timey way about him that matched the photos they’d done, something she couldn’t quite explain.

After they’d finished taking the photos, though, Tori escaped pretty quickly to change back into her regular clothes. All the while, she couldn’t get the feeling of his lips on her cheek or his hands on her body out of her mind. She paused to glance at her reflection, making sure she looked presentable before she turned to step out of the tent, trying to ignore the flush on her cheeks. She found Art easily by the counter, where their photos were ready to be looked at. Tori didn’t expect much from them, but to her surprise, most of them were actually really good. Tori was looking at one on the counter when Art spoke from beside her, drawing her attention to the one in his hands.

A small smile touched her features when she looked at it, realizing that he was indeed right. The picture did look genuine, and it filled her body with a tingling sensation. “I like it.” She told him, her eyes shifting to look at him. Her smile only widened at his next words, but before she could say anything he was pressing on, asking if she wanted to do more clothes or move on. He mentioned lunch and she nodded, taking the photo from him. “Lunch sounds nice.” She admitted, gazing down at the photo in her hands. He paid for that picture, one for each of them, then offered her his arm. She hesitated but only for a second before she placed her hand on his arm and he led her away from the booth.

She held onto the bag the photos were safely tucked into now as they walked, her eyes alight with a surge of happiness at how her day was turning out. “Why do you talk like that?” She finally asked Art, looking over at him, her gaze turning curious. “And don’t even try to deny it, but you clearly aren’t from around here. You have this…” She trailed off, searching for the right words, even biting her lip as she did so. She was so focused on finding the right words that she didn’t notice the girl coming her way, and nearly did the redhead. The two girls collided, and Tori gasped as her head whipped around, looking down at the smashed cotton candy on her and the other girl. Looking back up, she recognized Cari, and a look of hurt flashed over Tori’s face. But then it was gone, and her sass returned. “Care to watch where you’re going, Cari?”

coded by natasha.

ADRIAN BECK

Outfit: Click! | Mood: flirty, serious | Tags: Mari ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

The thought had crossed Adrian’s mind that Marissa was just humoring him, and the blunt and direct king he was, he had to ask her. Before she’d turned away to leave his side and get the tickets for the ferris wheel ride, he’d seen it in her eyes: she wanted to flee. She’d wanted to run away from him as fast as those sexy legs of hers would take her, and a small part of him couldn’t blame her, but not for the same reasons she was likely thinking. He didn’t know about her past, but he did know about his, and he knew about his own future. And hers as well. Somewhere in his mind, he’d already decided she was going to become his queen, and it was a strong possibility that she would hate him for trapping her within his kingdom.

Well, to be fair, she wouldn’t be trapped within his kingdom. Although the watery kingdom was beautiful, and he really thought she would love it, he didn’t want her to feel trapped there. She would have free reign of the kingdoms pretty much, as there were portals connecting them, but if she wanted to venture outside of the grounds she would have to be escorted by Adrian or one of his brothers for a while. He hated it, honestly, because he knew no one liked to be trapped or treated like a prisoner, and sadly that’s just how a majority of the women they’d brought back home felt. He felt his happiness ebb away some as he looked down at the beautiful woman upon her return, but then they were heading to the ferris wheel and he felt his glee return.

They got into his favorite color cart, and he laughed when she told him it was his lucky day. “You have no idea.” He told her smugly, following her into the cart to sit. Their door was locked and the ride began. They’d gotten on here to people watch, but suddenly, Adrian forgot about everybody else as he took her hands. She looked down at her hands in his before she looked back up at him, and the impish smile that grew on her face caused one to grow on his as well. At her words, another boisterous laugh escaped him and he let go of her hands with one of his to wipe a tear of joy from his eye, caused by the laughter. “You kill me, Mari.”

He took her hands again, smiling brightly at her words, not missing how she used his term of endearment on him. He chuckled again, his grip on her hands tightening. “I guess I’ve been told a few times that I’m the life of the party.” He winked at her, knowing his words were true. “Mari, I know we got on this wheel to people watch, but it seems I can’t take my eyes off of you.” He told her honestly, his expression still bright but sobering some. “You’re the only person I want to watch.” His eyes scanned hers, knowing she couldn’t run from up here but looking for the familiar look that told him she wanted to.

Suddenly, Mari twisted her arms so she could get a better look at his tattoos. His eyes glanced to them, but he knew them by heart so he looked right back at her, watching her drink in the artwork. His lips twisted into a smirk at her first question, but he let her finish before he said anything. Leaning closer, he placed his lips by her ear as he teased her. “It’s definitely the last option.” He told her, his breath brushing her ear before he leaned back, the grin on his face telling her he was only joking. “I’m glad it works. Because, if you’re interested…” His grin widened and he lowered his voice. “I’m tattooed all over.” He glanced around as the cart continued higher, and he leaned back, but didn’t let go of her hands. “You’re not going to run away now, are you?”

coded by natasha.

game booth

mentions

none

interactions

outfit

Jolene

werewolf bride

There was no training manual for becoming a bounty hunter. No tutorial or apprenticeship. No way of getting her feet wet before jumping right into the fray. In a way, the Captain had helped out teaching her basic field techniques like self-defense, first aid, and common sense. She learned to constantly observe her surroundings, to watch other people, and predict what their next moves might be. What he was able to teach her was certainly a stepping stone in the right direction. But she needed more if she was going to survive in that line of work. After all, bounties were generally twice her size and three times her aggression. Without any assistance, there was no way she could take them down. And so, she took up other skills. A contact at the gun range helped her hone in on her accuracy. Like her father, she had a steady hand and a steely focus that made her natural. She was intimidating in her own right.

But, Jolene knew full well that intimidation rarely worked on men she wasn't hunting. She came off as a threat to their masculinity, and most were not fans of that. So, she learned after a while to tone it down. However, now and again she forgot that rule and revealed that part of herself. Just like she had done with Alarick and those darts, completely oblivious to the secret he revealed to her. Jo's apology was sincere, and she half-expected him to run for the hills, just like all the others did. Instead, however, he grinned at her, seemingly impressed and unsure of why she apologized. His smile was contagious, and the blonde found herself returning it. "Well, most men I've encountered don't like a woman with a little more spice to her," she answered honestly, shrugging her shoulders as nonchalantly as she could. In reality, it took a toll on her ego. But Jo wasn't about to reveal that to him.

Plush wolf held safely in her arms, the blonde bounty hunter let Alarick wrap his arm around her shoulders, effectively tucking her against his side. It felt like she fit there, like two puzzle pieces put together successfully. It was a strange feeling, one she couldn't quite put her finger on. Alarick was the opposite of pretty much any guy she had ever been with before. Granted, most of the guys she'd been with were picked up at seedy bars in the bad parts of town, which was far from a somewhat less seedy bar at a town festival. They all seemed to have this idea that they needed to be big and macho and intimidating and subsequently treat their women with disrespect. Some women seemed to be into that, and that was perfectly okay. But, Jolene was a little too strong-willed and stubborn in her own right to let a man treat her that way. And so, aside from Charlie, she had never really settled down or spent long with a singular man.

If she were being completely honest, the blonde didn't plan on starting now either. Sure, Alarick was handsome, mysterious, polite, and gentlemanly. Everything about him seemed close to perfect. But, Charlie had created emotional wounds that had yet to heal, and she wasn't quite sure if she wanted them to yet anyway. That, however, didn't mean she couldn't have some fun in the meantime. Al wasn't from Maple Grove, and he would inevitably leave, meaning all of this was no strings attached, right? Jolene glanced up at him, hearing his words. A seductive smirk played on the edges of her lips as she turned to face him, a playful look in her hazel eyes. "How about," she began, dropping one hand holding the plush wolf to her side while the other trailed lightly up his chest, "we find someplace you and I can get to know one another a bit better?" Jo was nothing if not forward and when she wanted something, she fully intended to get it.

nine lives

meandering around

mentions

none

interactions

Carina, Arthur ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ), Victoria ( apolla apolla )

outfit

Asher

elf king

Every time Asher traveled to Maple Grove, there were two primary feelings: dread and hope. Dread in that he knew the chances of finding that so-called 'one' were so incredibly low. It could happen whenever throughout eternity, and as he and his brother had already learned, eternity was a very long time. If he were being completely honest, Ash was rather surprised not one of them had found their bride yet. With four brothers, the probability certainly went up a smidgen each year. But then again, their mother was a wise and disciplined goddess. He wouldn't be surprised if this was all part of her plan to begin with, if she was the one controlling things and not the strings of fate. It could certainly be her way of teaching them a few lessons, maybe on humility or patience. Or maybe she was trying to break them down so that find their true love would build them into better men and better kings.

Asher had gone over it millions of times in his mind, asked his mother what her thoughts were. But she was as stoic and secretive as they come, and he got nothing out of her every single time. The Elf King had been through the literature, chased down every prospect, even asked his brothers for their opinions time and again. But, at this point in their lives, none of them really wanted anything to do with the prophecy anymore. In a way, Ash knew that once he found his long-lost bride, things would be much more difficult. Not only would he have to convince her to spend the rest of her life with him, but he would have to convince her to spend the rest of eternity with him. To add to that, there would be the responsibilities of assisting in running a kingdom, taking on the role of a queen in a magical land when she didn't even know it was a possibility before.

The amount of information and realization that would take place would no doubt be overwhelming. But he had faith that the strong woman he was destined for could handle it. Asher certainly hoped that strong woman was standing alongside him then, but he couldn't help but be skeptical. Who could blame him after millennia of let-downs? Nevertheless, he would take the time he could get with Carina, even if the outcome wasn't what he was hoping for. "I'll introduce you," he responded, offering her a grin. They continued to meander around the fair, sharing the slowly diminishing mass of cotton candy as they moved. Her words stabbed into his heart like a million daggers, making Ash feel worse and worse about the fate he was imposing upon her. They paused, and he turned to face her, seeing the sadness in her eyes. Cari had no idea what she was in for, and all because of him and the prophecy.

Almost as if a switch had flipped, she began excitedly going through a checklist from her purse, listing off each of the things she wanted to do at the fair. Ash couldn't suppress the low chuckle at how adorable she was, peering down at the list. When she was finished, she returned her gaze to his, and he noticed the sticky floss across her lips. "We have plenty of time, but first, let me help," he answered, smile softening as he took a step closer to Carina. Raising his hand, he leaned in a bit as he gently ran his thumb across her lips, clearing them of the candy debris. The urge to lean in and kiss her was strong, and just as he was about to give in, a solid mass ran directly into his redheaded counterpart. Asher quickly caught her, making sure she didn't fall as he heard someone. "Excuse me, ma'am. But you were the one that ran into her," he stated, turning his dark brown gaze to the blonde. It was then that he noticed the man at her side, and offered him a nod. "Brother, fancy running into you. Seems you've found a friend?"

nine lives

Marissa Locke

Adrian’s boisterous laugh was so free and unapologetic that Mari wished she could bottle it and use it when she was feeling down. The last five years hadn’t been easy for the blonde, with everything in Maple Grove constantly reminding her of James, and she’d spent much of her time running from her feelings. And even running from having fun. It was almost as if Mari forgot how, or just felt too guilty at the idea of moving on from James, to have a good time. Her sister had once suggested that Marissa move away so she wasn’t haunted by all the memories of her life with James, but she’d never been able to bring herself to leave her hometown. Everyone she knew and cared about was in Maple Grove, including her late husband’s gravestone.

Right now, however, as Marissa watched Adrian wipe tears from his eyes, amused by her honest and teasing answer, James and his tragic fate was far from her mind. Typically the blonde wasn’t known to be terribly funny, but the tattooed man seemed to think so, or was very good at acting like it. Either way, Marissa couldn’t help but laugh a little along with his infectious charisma.

His large hands gripped hers a little tighter after she playfully echoed his term of endearment, and he informed her that he’d been called the life of the party a few times. She has no doubt that was the case. What an odd pair they made- the life of the party and the Debbie Downer, she thought, regarding herself harshly. Marissa didn’t have long for too many more self deprecating thoughts though before Adrian continued speaking. Mari, I know we got on this wheel to people watch, but it seems I can’t take my eyes off you… You’re the only person I want to watch. Another warning bell went off in the blonde woman’s head as her cheeks flushed a little. Though nothing in Adrian’s expression told Mari his words were dishonest, it was safer for her to chalk them up to being an excellent attempt at wooing her. He definitely knew what he was doing, she’d give him that. Not that she even needed to be wooed still at this point. Though perhaps she’d been too standoffish as she tried to ignore her own rules and she needed to be a little more obvious in her intentions.

Rather than respond directly to Adrian’s sweet comment, Marissa just smiled and turned his arms over a little so her blue eyes could roam his tattoos as she flirtatiously inquired as to his reason behind inking seemingly his entire body. Glancing up in time to see Adrian’s smirk as he leaned in to whisper in her ear, Mari’s stomach fluttered a little at his words. It’s definitely the last option. And she reflexively squeezed his hands, feeling his warm breath on her ear, to keep the goosebumps at bay. Marissa’s lips parted slightly as her eyes found Adrian’s when he pulled back once more and grinned. I’m glad it works because if you’re interested… I’m tattooed all over. Marissa tipped her head curiously as she raised an eyebrow. “Is that so…” She mused, her imagination already getting the best of her as it ran wild.

The blonde’s smile faltered for a moment though at Adrian’s next question as he looked around. You’re not going to runaway now, are you? For a moment Marissa feared she’d spoken her thoughts aloud earlier when she’d considered running before they got on the Ferris wheel. Adrian was far more observant than Marissa had given him credit for, and she didn’t like that he’d picked up on her earlier feelings. Guilt trickled in as her expression softened into a sheepish one, and Marissa glanced out at the fair for a few seconds, consider Adrian’s question.

“If I ran away now, I don’t think it would end very well for me…” Marissa mused, leaning over the edge of the cart to glance at the ground far below them. “Besides…” She continued, turning back to Adrian and slipping one of her hands out of his. “… I am interested in these tattoos of yours…” The blonde smirked, tugging the opening of his shirt aside a little with her pointer finger to peek at his chest as if to confirm the extent of his ink. It was tempting to let her fingers trail along the permanent pieces of art, but she resisted, letting his shirt fall back against his skin instead. “And I wouldn’t have the chance to see them all if I ran now.” Marissa’s words were flirtatious and suggestive, but this was only to hide the fact that deep down any urge to run stemmed from a fear of enjoying Adrian’s company too much. One-off hookups were safe, anything more than that was dangerous. Her rules were in place for a reason, and yet she was ignoring them left and right with the man beside her now.

“So no, I have no intentions of fleeing.” She finished, settling back against the cart to make herself cozy to prove her words. “Do you?” The blonde countered, to take the topic of conversation off her and ascertain whether they were on the same page or not. Little did Mari know, but they weren’t even in the same book when it came to both their intentions and plans for their future involvement.

Playing with Fire

Ferris Wheel

nine lives

Alarick Vernon

Alarick didn’t necessary have a type when it came to the women he chose to be his brides, but he did his best to make sure they had some special spark within them. Sure, he’d let physical attraction get the best of him a time or two, but in the end those were the marriages that unraveled first. While there was no denying his strong attraction to Jolene, it was the fire in her that made Al very confident in his choice this year. She had enough spark to light up an entire forest, and a lethal edge to her that became apparent as he watched her finish the game of darts. He was very amused by her focus, but as Jo received her stuffed wolf and an apology poured out of her mouth, it seemed that not all men in her past shared his sentiment.

Well most men I’ve encountered don’t like a woman with a little more spice to her. Alarick just scoffed and shrugged. “Well most men are idiots…” He replied, mentally adding the addendum that most human men were at least. “But their loss is my gain.” He said assuredly, pleased when Jo didn’t object to his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Her warm body fit perfectly beside him and Al wondered how many years he’d get to enjoy this feeling before the blonde’s mortality caught up with her. If, that is, she ever forgave him for effectively abducting her and forcing her into a marriage against her will. That was always a big hurdle to overcome, and the werewolf had a feeling it would be particularly tumultuous with this spicy Southern Belle. Though Al also had a feeling that the trouble would be worth it in the end, particularly when Jo shot a seductive smile his way after he asked where they should go next.

How about… we find someplace you and I can get to know one another a bit better? Alarick’s blue eyes moved down from Jo’s face to the fingers she was trailing up his chest, and he smirked a little. The women of the 21st century were far more forward than those of the past. While he did enjoy a bit of a chase, he was hardly complaining about Jolene’s suggestion. “Is that an invitation to come see your place?” He asked, capturing her hand in his and pulling her a little closer.

If this were a typical situation, Al would have brought Jolene back to his place rather than presuming they’d go to hers, but this situation was anything but typical. At least by human standards. Alarick on the other hand had unfortunately grown quite accustomed to this tradition every 100 years. The problem was though, that Alarick didn’t have a home, or even a hotel room to invite Jo back to. He simply used the portals between Maple Grove and his kingdom each day. It would be strange though to suddenly have to check into a room with Jolene in company when he supposedly had arrived earlier in the week and would be staying until the end of the festival. The last thing he wanted was to raise extra suspicion to scare off his future bride.

“Unless of course you’re old fashioned and would prefer to get to know one another over a meal…” He added, half teasing and half to offer her an out in case he was misreading her body language. “Or we could always do both… Lunch and then dessert?” And what a sweet dessert Jolene would make, the King of Spring thought as his eyes lowered to Jo’s lips for a moment before flicking back up to her hazel eyes. Leaning down, Al closed the distance between them by half and he grinned. “So, what shall it be?” He asked lowly, his eyes glinting a little.

Flirty

Festival

nine lives

Carina Hawthorn

The day was turning out to be way better than Carina could ever expect. The fair was what she had in mind for the day, she had a nice plan, her bucket list and she was planning on checking out all her bullet points from that list one by one. There was no way she was leaving this place without doing. Her determination was adamant and armed with her small cross-body bag, Cari set off to explore the wonders of the Maple Grove’s fair. What she did not expect was the company she got. Never in a million years would Carina think there would be a handsome man waiting for her at this place and yet, there he was, joining her not only for the roller coaster ride but also for gallivanting around this beautiful place.

Her first cotton candy ever was melting on her tongue and Cari had to admit she had never tasted any sweet treat that she adored this much. Admittedly, it was a pile of sugar, bad for the teeth and a real caloric bomb but who really cared? Certainly not the redhead and she kept stuffing her mouth with the pink cloud just as Ash by her side did. The couple walked across the fair and talked about anything that rolled on their tongues. The conversation turned to Asher’s brothers and family and for a little moment, carina felt that pang inside her of never having that feeling of being wanted by her family. Her own parents left her when she was too small to remember, they never wanted her. And here he was, having this amazing company of three more brothers. Cari was not jealous, of course. But a part of her wanted to know what it felt like. To be surrounded by people who loved you for who you were, who were with you and had your back, come what may.

Talking about enjoying her freedom, Cari grabbed her purse and fished out her carefully written paper to see what else was there to do so she was sure not to forget anything. Her eyes then found Ash’s and a small smile graced her features as she got lost for a moment in those pools of glimmer. “We have plenty of time, but first, let me help.” he smiled at her in that way which made girls weak in her knees, Cari being no exception, and then, to her great surprise, his thumb neared her lips and touched them. Cari’s heart fluttered and for a brief second, she forgot how to breathe. That thumb traced her lips and it took the redhead a real while to realize he was cleaning her lips covered him the sugary mass. And yet, even once he was done, Cari stood there, lips slightly parted, her eyes never leaving his and she felt like the time stopped. Did he look like he was about to lean in and kiss her or was she imagining things? Should she send out a signal she was not against it or…? Should she…?

Before Cari even managed to sort out her thoughts, something bumped into her, pressing the cotton candy against her white cropped top. Pink floss covered the whole thing and it was only thanks to Ash’s fast reflexes that the girl did not tumble over. Her free hand flew up and gripped his bicep. “Jinkies!” she exclaimed, not knowing what just happened and only when Ash helped her regain her balance, her gaze went up. And the second she realized who was standing there, who bumped into her, Cari froze. She and Tori Zabielski were…well, less than friends. The blonde Mayor’s daughter was the reason why Cari’s engagement ring was now not hugging her finger. Sure, Dean had his own share of guilt but… No need to open those wounds. Tori immediately snapped at Carina, asking her to watch where she was going and Cari’s face became immediately flooded with a dark shade of red.

Cari’s lips parted and she wanted to stutter something out but Ash was faster and defended her. Warmth spilled inside the redhead and she took a step closer to her knight in the shining armor. “Is alright, Tori. I guess you didn’t know. Again.” she mumbled quietly. It was not meant as provocation though. Ash then looked at the man accompanying the blonde and Cari’s eyes became wide as saucers. “Brother?” she whispered and her eyes kept skipping from Ash to the other man and back. “This is your brother?”

mood; flustered| location; fair | outfit; click! | tags; Asher MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Tori ( apolla apolla ); Art
the elven bride

code by low fidelity.

Arthur Donnovan

Finding a bride was always a real pain. Even if Art only had to do it once in one hundred years, it was not making the selection any easier. Choosing a wife was a challenging task and there was also this prophecy. What Art was mostly afraid of was that she was out there, his one and only, the chosen one, the perfect queen, and maybe, just maybe he would choose a wife too fast, without sorting out all the options. And the one would slip through his fingers only to be lost for him forever. That way, the winter kingdom would remain without its rightful queen and Art would never meet his true soulmate. And that sounded incredibly sad even to the stoic, cold and reserved vampire.

Victoria came into his path and for some reason, Art immediately felt drawn to her. A small part of his ice-cold heart, though, was still hesitant. It was the very first girl he met here and talked to. Was it wise to make the decision just like that? Wasn’t it irresponsible? His instinct was telling him that it was this girl who was about to receive his ruby red jewel but that one little part was still eating at him that maybe he should have searched more. If for nothing else then to at least have options. But being around Tori was becoming rather natural and Arts mind was fully focused on the gorgeous blonde, ignoring the pinching feeling that indicated to be careful.

Having their photos taken was more fun that Art actually thought it would be and despite to historical inaccuracy of the costumes (which was still pissing him off, he was just quiet about it), the pictures looked beautiful. The poses were natural and it almost seemed like the two were doing it for at least the hundredth time and definitely not for the pictures. It was as if someone was taking paparazzi pictures of them in their home. The look in their eyes, lips slightly open as if going for the sweet kiss, hands touching each other’s body and the electricity crackling between them was almost visible. Had they worn the wedding attire, this would be the perfect wedding picture.

To get Tori away from the large crowd, Art proposed a lunch. And not buying some of those crappy greasy foods but a real lunch at a real restaurant. The blush on Tori’s cheeks grabbed his attention when she agreed and the ancient vampire nodded. It seemed that Tori became quite comfortable around him at this point because her small hand landed on her arm when he offered and the couple left the photo stand to make their way out of here. In his mind, Art slightly cursed himself for offering lunch because it meant he had to eat now. And to him, all food simply tasted like ash. That was the price to pay for being an immortal creature of the night. Almost all human pleasures were taken away from him. At least the Scotch still tasted well or else, what was even the point?

“Why do you talk like that? And don’t even try to deny it, but you clearly aren’t from around here. You have this…” Tori asked after a while and Art looked at her with a small curious frown formed between his brows. “Like what?” he asked but they never got further in their discussion. Her question distracted Art too much and he didn’t notice his blonde bumping right into someone, splatting some sort of snack all over herself and the person in front of her. Apparently, the two girls knew each other since Tori snapped at her immediately. The redhead seemed to be getting over the initial shock but it was a familiar voice that spoke first. It took Art a split second to realize he was looking at his third brother, defending honor of the redhead. And then Asher turned his attention to him. “Hello, Asher.” Art spoke conservatively, offering a polite nod. “I could say the same about you.” The redhead seemed confused as her eyes kept scanning both men and Art reached for Tori. “Maybe we should go and get you new attire.” he said, inspecting the pink stain on the front of Tori’s body. “Also, meet my third brother. You’ve already seen Adrian and Alarick. This is Ashton. Brother, this is Miss Victoria. We are about to get lunch. Are you enjoying yourself, too, Ashton?” His gaze then slid to Ash’s companion who was trying to remove cotton candy from her top. “You are only making it worse, Miss.”

mood; delighted | location; fair | outfit; click! | tags; Tori, ( apolla apolla ); Ash ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Cari​
the vampire king

code by low fidelity.

VICTORIA ZABIELSKI

Outfit: Click! | Mood: hiding her hurt| Tags: Art/Cari ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ); Asher ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Out of all the people at this damn festival, Tori just had to run into Carina Hawthorn. Literally-- run into her. If Tori hadn't been so practiced in those heels she wore, she would have been on her ass with a twisted ankle. As it was, the force from running into Cari did knock her back, right into Art who helped to steady her. She might have even been a little embarrassed at crashing into Art if she hadn't been distracted by the redhead in front of her, along with the pink, sticky cotton candy now stuck to both of their shirts. Looking down at her now black and pink shirt, Tori felt a scowl present itself on her face before she looked back up at Cari, snapping at her to watch where she was going.

Tori hadn't even noticed the man beside Cari, the one who'd automatically reached out to keep her from falling over. Not until he spoke, anyway, and her already narrowed eyes just narrowed further as she focused them on him. "Only because she was in my way." She hissed back at him, her eyes lingering on him for a moment. He was definitely handsome, more handsome than that idiot she'd been engaged to before. Thinking about Dean flooded Tori with guilt, but a wave of anger followed right after it and the guilt disappeared. Maybe Dean shouldn't have been the one flirting with Tori if he was engaged, but of course, everything was automatically Tori's fault. Well, fine, if that's how Cari wanted to look at it, then Tori would play her villain.

“Is alright, Tori. I guess you didn’t know. Again.” Hearing Cari's muttered sentence, Tori's eyes flashed with anger and landed back on the redhead. But just as she was inhaling to clap back, the man behind her greeted someone as brother. Cari looked between Asher and Art, and only then did Tori realize he was talking to the man behind her. "What?" Her head whipped in Art's direction, her anger momentarily forgotten. "This is...?" Cari finished the sentence for her, and Tori looked between the two men, shock written all over her features. Art suddenly turned his attention back to her, commenting on her shirt, and Tori looked down again as she recalled the cotton candy stuck there. "Oh, my god." She reached to try and pick a few pieces off, but that didn't help.

Heaving a sigh, she crossed her arms, immediately uncrossing them when some of the sticky treat transferred to her arms. "Damn it!" Dropping her arms back to her sides, she looked over at the man who'd defended Cari's honor so quickly, offering him a practiced smile. "Nice to meet you." She told him, her voice curt. "I can only imagine how your day is going with Miss Klutz over there." Tori shot Cari another angry look before she heard Art telling the redhead she was only making things worse. "Of course she is." Tori turned to look at Art, her gaze softening some as she tilted her head back so she could see him better. "I'm parked out where the workers are parked. If you want, we can stop by my house on the way to lunch? I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get the hell out of here."

She glanced over at the other two, first at Asher before she slid her gaze over to Cari. "You going to the ball, Cari?" She asked, her voice a little too sweet as she turned around to face them again. "You'll need a date, of course." Tilting her head to the side, she looked thoughtful for a moment before she continued. "You can always call Dean, if you want. Word around town is that he's a sleazeball, though, so I'd be careful. I have my own date this time." She slid her hand into Art's to punctuate her point, then looked over at Asher. "Have a good day, you two." And then she was walking past them, tugging Art with her away from them. Should she have thrown that last part in there? Any of it? No. But what was done was done. She'd been hurt too in the whole Cari/Dean situation, but nobody saw that. If they wanted a villain, they were going to get one.

coded by natasha.

ADRIAN BECK

Outfit: Click! | Mood: flirty, slightly worried | Tags: Mari ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

Adrian had experienced quite a lot in his time alive, and not all of it had been good. But he'd learned that the bad had to come with the good. If it didn't, you wouldn't appreciate all the good times that did happen. Adrian was a guy who wanted to live in the moment, and being immortal probably helped with that. He could drink and drink and drink and not get drunk. Fall from a tall building or jump into the ocean and not drown. He could tattoo himself over and over with no risk of infection, getting sick, or death. He loved going on adventures of any kind, and would definitely never say no to any type of dare, no matter the source.

His attitude also tended to affect those around him, even his brothers-- sometimes. He already adored spending time with Mari, and even though he could see a deep sorrow in her eyes, he was glad that he was getting her to smile and even laugh a little bit. She needed to let loose and have a good time, and even if he decided not to pursue her as his wife, he felt as though he would remain in her memory forever. Even as he had that thought, though, he felt his inner self instinctively wanting to reach out and grab Mari and pull her closer, because he didn't want her to just have memories of him. He wanted her to be by his side forever, as selfish as it was. She was everything he wanted and more, and she could even be... the one. The thought was startling, but not all that jarring.

The words he spoke about only wanting to watch her, they were probably the truest words he'd ever spoken. Not that he was a liar at all to begin with, but he really did want to keep his eyes on Mari. Her cheeks flushed and he smiled, leaning his head to the side some. It didn't escape his notice that she didn't respond, just turned his arm over and started to inspect his tattoos. He would let her have that, though, and not push her. Letting her inspect him as much as she wanted, he leaned in closer to whisper in her ear, feeling her hands squeeze his in response. He saw the curiosity in her gaze when he pulled back, telling her that he was tattooed all over. And indeed he was. He was not shy, nor did he have any shame in his body or nudity. So yes, all over.

Asking her if she was going to run away, he waited patiently for her answer. If she wanted to run, he wouldn't chase her and tie her down and force her to be with him. Well, not in so many words. No, he much preferred to win his women over, even if that wasn't always the case. He always tried to convince himself that what he and his brothers were doing was simply something they had to do. For the sake of the world. And while that was true, it didn't make the process easier, especially when the truth came out and the look of betrayal appeared in the women's eyes. Those looks haunted Adrian, and he knew he wasn't the only one. Mari leaned towards the edge of the cart, but her words didn't give Adrian cause to worry that she was going to jump, so he remained where he was.

When she turned back around, his signature grin was on his lips again, especially as she admitted to being interested in his tattoos. She reached over to tug the opening of his shirt aside as though to confirm his words, though she only lingered for a moment before releasing his shirt. It fell back against his chest, hiding the tattoos once again. "Oh, really?" He inquired in response to her next statement, and he leaned in a little closer. "Are you being suggestive with me, Marissa?" She settled back against the cart, turning his question around on him. He looked thoughtful for a moment before his eyes shifted back to her, his head following the movement a moment later. "Not a chance. You're not getting rid of me that easily." He moved his hand, trailing it down her arm before he shifted closer, wrapping his other arm around her shoulders. Slowly, though, so as not to scare her. Hopefully. "Now you've seen some of mine..." He held out his arm not wrapped around her, turning it to show the tattoos again. "Tell me. Do you have any? Anything at all? Even a little secret one?"

coded by natasha.

game booth

mentions

none

interactions

outfit

Jolene

werewolf bride

Growing up as the only daughter of a Fire Captain, there were a lot of strict rules in her house. Don't be out after 10 pm. No drugs. No alcohol outside of the house. Do your chores. The Captain ran a tight ship. And Jolene had never faulted him for that. In fact, she rather loved him for it. It had taught her to be a strong, hard-working, and disciplined woman. It instilled life lessons in her that she may not have otherwise learned. Nothing about her childhood was ultimately normal. The Captain came into parenthood at an age far later than most, and without a partner at that. He did the best with what he had, and in the end, she had a fairly happy childhood. One of the things that were not off-limits, however, was dating. The Captain never made it a rule that Jolene couldn't date, or that she had to wait until a certain age to date. Never told her she could only date the guys he approved of either. For a while, Jolene didn't understand why. But as she grew older, it became readily apparent.

The Captain was a man with a large amount of power in town, with connections in the police department and politics. All in all, he was intimidating, his reputation alone scared boys far, far away from ever asking Jolene out on a date. And he knew it. So, maybe that was why after the Captain passed away, and Jolene went out on her own, she became a little bit more promiscuous in nature. Her bounty hunts were intertwined with a plethora of one-night-stands, dates she would pick up at a bar and go home with mostly so that she wouldn't have to pay for a hotel or sleep in her truck that evening. It wasn't the most lady-like thing to do, but she didn't necessarily care either. There was no shame in a woman having her fun. And then Jo met Charlie, and everything changed. At least for about a year until their relationship went up in smoke.

So, as the blonde trailed her hand up his chest, she smirked when Al grabbed it and pulled her closer. If she were being honest, it most certainly was an invitation. She had taken men home who had given her a lot less than pleasant conversation, drinks, and a plush wolf as Al had. On top of that, Jolene was attracted to Alarick. He had a rugged handsomeness combined with a polite, straightforward nature that almost reminded her of a southern gentleman. All that was missing was the accent. He was easy to talk to, made her feel comfortable for the most part, and was mature. He was a man, not a boy. It was slightly strange that he was suggesting her place and not his own. But then again, he was a visitor to this town, most likely staying in some sort of hotel, and would rather go back to an actual apartment than a rented room.

Alarick continued, teasing her about potentially being old-fashioned and wanting to go out to eat to get to know one another. While she wouldn't mind letting someone else buy her a meal, that usually implied more of a date. And Jo wasn't quite sure that was what she wanted. No strings attached. After Charlie, that was what was best for her and her lifestyle. With her job and everything she had been through, putting down roots in any sense of the word wasn't an option for her. So, instead, she let him lean closer, and Jo too closed some of the distance, leaning forward so her lips were right next to his ear. "Let's just skip directly to dessert." Pulling back, a seductive smirk turned the corners of her red-painted lips. She took the hand that held his and turned, leading him back across the festival towards her studio apartment, placed above the bar where she worked. It wasn't extravagant, but it was still home. For now.

nine lives

meandering around

mentions

none

interactions

Carina, Arthur ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ), Victoria ( apolla apolla )

outfit

Asher

elf king

Even after millennia, Asher had a hard time understanding human nature and the ways they treated one another. He and his brothers had led their kingdoms through eternities, and yet they had never been to war, never fought over measly things such as resources or land. They didn't try to steal from one another or conspire against one another. It was a brotherhood, a family, a partnership. Their kingdoms coexisted in harmony, moved freely between one another as they pleased without consequences or fear of prejudice. Yet on Earth, the humans were so different. They had borders and boundaries, lines that could not be crossed with fear of imprisonment. They had wars where a man would kill his fellow man just because those in higher power told them to. They fought over who owned something or who deserved something. They withheld necessary resources from others just to take advantage of those that were less fortunate. It was brutal and it was cruel.

That continued throughout history, sure. But in general, some humans treated each other with an unkindness in their day-to-day lives that just didn't make sense. The way that his brother's female friend addressed Carina sent a spike of anger up Asher's spine, but he kept it to himself. He felt the redhead move closer to him, and he looked down at her for a moment, taking one of her hands in his. "Yes, this is my brother. Arthur, meet Carina. And Carina, this is Arthur. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Victoria. I think we are having quite a great time, wouldn't you, Cari?" Ash said, turning to her with a comforting smile. He could see she was trying to remove the cotton candy from her shirt and his smile faltered a bit. The sound of Victoria's voice filling the air sparked that anger in him again, and Asher's dark brown gaze flickered to the blonde. She seemed young, younger than most of the brides he had seen Arthur choose before. And from what he knew about humans, youth usually meant immaturity.

Asher shot his brother a warning look, hoping that this wasn't the girl he had chosen to be his next bride. He couldn't imagine spending the next 100 years dealing with her attitude, especially if she had some sort of vendetta against his chosen bride. But all too soon, Victoria made some comment about the ball, a date, and a guy named Dean before practically dragging his brother towards the parking lot. "Wow," Ash began, watching them go for a moment before turning his attention back to Carina. "She was certainly... something. You two don't seem to get along very well. I'm sorry she treated you that way, you don't deserve that." Reaching out to gently tuck a strange of hair behind her ear, Asher couldn't help but wonder who this 'Dean' was. Boyfriend? Ex? She would become his bride regardless, but he was curious. Nevertheless, the brunette king thought better than to ask about it. Instead, he wanted to cheer Carina up. "Maybe we should find you something else to wear? And... If you are still looking for someone to escort you to the ball, I would be more than happy to oblige. What do you say?"

nine lives

Marissa Locke

Mari felt like she was in uncharted waters as she sat beside Adrian on the Ferris wheel. It had been years since she’d actually spent time doing anything with a man that would resemble a date. Not that this was a date, because it surely wasn’t. It was just an elongated encounter, she told herself, with an attractive man she wouldn’t mind getting to know more in a physical sense. Typically she just went to a bar alone when she needed company, and could find a man with similar intentions, flirt a little, and leave with him after only a few drinks and surface level conversation at best. No dress shopping, no meeting siblings, and definitely no rides on a Ferris wheel involved. However, as the pair reached the apex of the giant wheel and began to descend once more, Marissa was enjoying this deviation from the norm. Despite all her efforts to just focus on the end goal and ignore the flutterings that Adrian elicited in her.

The blonde’s peek at the ink on Adrian’s chest only validated his claims more, and she alluded that she was interested in seeing all of his tattoos. The large man leaned in closer, and Mari held her breath for a moment, so tempted to remove the space that remained between them entirely. Are you being suggestive with me, Marissa? The blonde grinned a little. “Yes, I do believe I am.” She replied, not shying away from the truth. Marissa did however settle back into cart, removing temptation until she determined whether Adrian planned to flee now. The tatted man thought for a moment, before his gaze caught hers and he assured her she would not be getting rid of him that easily. His fingers trailed down Marissa’s arm and she felt tingles from the sensation, causing her to lean into him reflexively when his other arm then found its way around her shoulders. Running was far from her mind now. She wanted less space between them, not more.

Now you’ve seen some of mine… Tell me. Do you have any? Anything at all? Even a little secret one? Blue eyes lingered on Adrian’s arm as he turned it once more, before flicking up to his face. Both her tattoos were hidden, intentionally so, from view when she was clothed, and for a while she had kept the first one a secret from her family and even James, though that hadn’t lasted long with the latter. The second tattoo came shortly after James’s death, as it had been his mantra after finding out he was sick to try to remain positive. Unfortunately, Marissa hadn’t embodied the words she had inked on her ribs very well the last few years, but she tried not to think about that. Particularly in this moment.

“I do have some…” Mari replied, “though not quite as many as you…” She teased, glancing down at her inkless exposed skin. “Nor as apparent.” There was no way for the blonde to share her tattoos in public while wearing a dress, but this worked in her favor. “You can find them later though when you show me all yours…” They were approaching the loading dock as their rotation was almost complete, but Mari didn’t want their time to end just because this ride was. Not when it felt so nice to have Adrian’s arm around her and her curiosity was killing her. Curiosity both about his hidden tattoos, and if his beard would tickle or be scratchy if she kissed him. “…If you’re interested.” She added with a playful smile, echoing his own words from earlier.

Suggestive

Ferris Wheel

nine lives

Alarick Vernon

When courting a bride during the week of the festival, there was always a tricky balance to maintain. Move too fast by letting physical attraction tempt him into bed with the maiden of choice at the top of the week, and he could either lose her after satiating her needs or be stuck with her regardless of the actual chemistry, depending on the century. Once he’d made the unfortunate mistake of taking a woman’s virginity the first day of the festival, which in her eyes meant they had to get married or she’d be ruined. Thank goodness times had changed. Move too slow though, and she might lose interest or he risked not being able to test out their compatibility in bed. Nothing was worse than finding out too late that they weren’t a good match and not having time to find a different bride.

With Jo though, it was difficult to resist the attraction he felt towards her, especially when she wasn’t shy about her intentions. The blonde smirked as he pulled her closer, and Al’s question about whether her words were an invitation was almost unnecessary. He continued, trying to gauge how quickly she wanted to get to her place as he leaned in closer to her, and she mirrored his actions. Her red lips were inches from his ear as she whispered let’s just skip directly to dessert, and he just about took a bite right then and there. Had she not pulled back, Al surely would have tasted those lips of hers that curled into a seductive smirk as she led him through the fair grounds. Hand in hers, Alarick was happy to allow Jolene to navigate them towards her place.

As they weaved through people and reached the edge of the festival, the werewolf was busy trying to think of ways to make sure this fling with Jolene wouldn’t be a one time affair. She seemed like a highly independent woman, and the type not to get hung up on a guy just because she slept with him. While he liked that about her, it also posed a problem if he wanted to make her his wife. It became harder and harder to focus on a game plan though as she led him up the stairs of the bar to the door of her apartment. Jo had to pause for a moment to retrieve the keys to the door, but rather than use this moment to finalize his strategy, he chucked strategy out the window altogether, deciding to wing it. The wolf had tried to be patient and ignore his animalistic side, but with the privacy of her place inches away, he decided they were close enough.

Taking her hand that was digging in her bag for the keys, Al interrupted her search, using his other hand to gently tip her chin up to look at him. He smirked a little, and moved her backwards a step or two until she met the wall of the hallway, taking the opportunity to reassert his dominance after letting her take the lead for the last bit of time. “Before we go in…” He began, lowering his head a bit towards hers as he met her gaze, “What are your plans for the festival ball?” He asked, turning away a little so he could bring his lips to her ear, teasing her as he whispered lowly, “Because I think you should go with me…” Lightly grazing her cheek with his lips until they found her red ones, Alarick kissed the Southern Belle before she could give an answer. The hand that had tipped her chin up to him dropped away, moving to her hip instead as the electricity from the kiss raced through him. He was doing his best to not completely let the animal in him take over, but the beautiful blonde he was currently pressing against the wall made it difficult to do so.

Flirty

Festival

nine lives

Carina Hawthorn

Admittedly, the fair became instantly better when the handsome stranger from the rollercoaster joined Carina for her exploration. They clicked immediately and for some reason, it seemed that the sky became clearer and the sun started to shine brighter ever since the brunette man decided to accompany the redhead. Even the cotton candy tasted exquisite but granted, Cari was unable to compare since this was her first time tasting this pink cloud of sugar. One way or another, she felt comfortable in the company of a stranger with the most compelling dark chocolate eyes who was nothing but nice to her, causing tingling sensations to spring up all over her skin. Until the unfortunate bump which covered her white top in sticky candy floss, probably ruining it forever.

Every sane, reasonable person would admit it was an accident and that neither of the girls was responsible for it. However, Tori was neither of those things and the circus broke out as soon as the blonde uttered her first words to Cari. Cari’s retort was not snarky or meant to be mean but Tori offered her a look full of anger, sparkles flying from her eyes. The tall gentleman by Tori’s side spoke up and for a moment, Cari felt that maybe he was doing so only to distract both girls from the incident. In Cari’s case, he succeeded because she immediately picked up on the two men bearing absolutely no resemblance.

Not that Tori was not back on her case immediately, calling her Miss Klutz and what not. Cari’s cheeks ignited with dark red and she couldn’t even look at Asher. What was he going to think about her now? Surely he was going to leave with his brother or find another excuse. Who would even want to be walking around with a klutz in top covered in cotton candy? Though the redhead’s eyes glimmered when he looked at her with that beautiful smile on his face. She nodded but never stopped looking at him. “We definitely are. Your brother has been nothing but a charming companion.” Cari praised Asher, turning her gaze to Art.

But if she thought Tori was done tormenting her, she was sorely mistaken. Just as the blonde was about to leave with her date, she turned to Cari and asked her about the ball, telling her she needed a date. And to add an extra pinch, dean’s name was dropped and only a mere mention of the man formed an icy fist around Cari’s heart. Then Tori added she had her own date and once again, words rolled out of Cari’s mouth before she had time to think it through. “Hopefully, whatever girl you stole him from won’t be after you soon.” The second the last word came out, Cari gulped and knew she might have gone too far.

Finally, Art seemed to get the hint and took pouty Tori away. Cari’s heart was beating so fast she was afraid it was going to jump out of her chest. The ball totally slipped out of her mind. She and Dean talked about going but that was not happening. Cari wanted to go. It was like a dream come true and she was yearning to become a princess for one night. Her gown was already hanging in her closet and while her teenage years were long gone and she was closer to thirty than twenty, she never had a prom, she never went to any ball and never had a chance to wear a beautiful dress. This was supposed to be her chance and she was about to lose it. Asher turned to her once they were alone again, commenting on Tori and her behavior. “Tori is just…very angry.” Cari breathed and tried to recover from the intense meeting, biting the tears away, hoping beyond hope they were not gonna roll down her scarlet cheeks.

Asher’s hand came up and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and her stomach exploded with fireworks. There was something strange about this man that kept Cari absolutely enchanted. "Maybe we should find you something else to wear? And... If you are still looking for someone to escort you to the ball, I would be more than happy to oblige. What do you say?" he asked and Cari nodded, sniffing a little. “I’m really sorry you had to see that.” Letting out a long exhale, the redhead tried to get back to her good mood. His invitation almost rendered her speechless and she grabbed his hands in hers. “You would really do that?” she asked, resembling a kid on the Christmas morning. “I’d love to! I’ve been wanting to do that, to go there forever! I’ve never been to any dance and this ball is supposed to be the peak of this whole celebration and I heard that they are bringing a band from…” She stopped, realizing once again she was babbling. “Sorry. I’m just really grateful you would go with me. So…um…have you ever been to a haunted house?”

mood; flustered| location; fair | outfit; click! | tags; Asher MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Tori ( apolla apolla ); Art
the elven bride

code by low fidelity.

Admittedly, the fair became instantly better when the handsome stranger from the rollercoaster joined Carina for her exploration. They clicked immediately and for some reason, it seemed that the sky became clearer and the sun started to shine brighter ever since the brunette man decided to accompany the redhead. Even the cotton candy tasted exquisite but granted, Cari was unable to compare since this was her first time tasting this pink cloud of sugar. One way or another, she felt comfortable in the company of a stranger with the most compelling dark chocolate eyes who was nothing but nice to her, causing tingling sensations to spring up all over her skin. Until the unfortunate bump which covered her white top in sticky candy floss, probably ruining it forever.

Every sane, reasonable person would admit it was an accident and that neither of the girls was responsible for it. However, Tori was neither of those things and the circus broke out as soon as the blonde uttered her first words to Cari. Cari’s retort was not snarky or meant to be mean but Tori offered her a look full of anger, sparkles flying from her eyes. The tall gentleman by Tori’s side spoke up and for a moment, Cari felt that maybe he was doing so only to distract both girls from the incident. In Cari’s case, he succeeded because she immediately picked up on the two men bearing absolutely no resemblance.

Not that Tori was not back on her case immediately, calling her Miss Klutz and what not. Cari’s cheeks ignited with dark red and she couldn’t even look at Asher. What was he going to think about her now? Surely he was going to leave with his brother or find another excuse. Who would even want to be walking around with a klutz in top covered in cotton candy? Though the redhead’s eyes glimmered when he looked at her with that beautiful smile on his face. She nodded but never stopped looking at him. “We definitely are. Your brother has been nothing but a charming companion.” Cari praised Asher, turning her gaze to Art.

But if she thought Tori was done tormenting her, she was sorely mistaken. Just as the blonde was about to leave with her date, she turned to Cari and asked her about the ball, telling her she needed a date. And to add an extra pinch, dean’s name was dropped and only a mere mention of the man formed an icy fist around Cari’s heart. Then Tori added she had her own date and once again, words rolled out of Cari’s mouth before she had time to think it through. “Hopefully, whatever girl you stole him from won’t be after you soon.” The second the last word came out, Cari gulped and knew she might have gone too far.

Finally, Art seemed to get the hint and took pouty Tori away. Cari’s heart was beating so fast she was afraid it was going to jump out of her chest. The ball totally slipped out of her mind. She and Dean talked about going but that was not happening. Cari wanted to go. It was like a dream come true and she was yearning to become a princess for one night. Her gown was already hanging in her closet and while her teenage years were long gone and she was closer to thirty than twenty, she never had a prom, she never went to any ball and never had a chance to wear a beautiful dress. This was supposed to be her chance and she was about to lose it. Asher turned to her once they were alone again, commenting on Tori and her behavior. “Tori is just…very angry.” Cari breathed and tried to recover from the intense meeting, biting the tears away, hoping beyond hope they were not gonna roll down her scarlet cheeks.

Asher’s hand came up and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and her stomach exploded with fireworks. There was something strange about this man that kept Cari absolutely enchanted. "Maybe we should find you something else to wear? And... If you are still looking for someone to escort you to the ball, I would be more than happy to oblige. What do you say?" he asked and Cari nodded, sniffing a little. “I’m really sorry you had to see that.” Letting out a long exhale, the redhead tried to get back to her good mood. His invitation almost rendered her speechless and she grabbed his hands in hers. “You would really do that?” she asked, resembling a kid on the Christmas morning. “I’d love to! I’ve been wanting to do that, to go there forever! I’ve never been to any dance and this ball is supposed to be the peak of this whole celebration and I heard that they are bringing a band from…” She stopped, realizing once again she was babbling. “Sorry. I’m just really grateful you would go with me. So…um…have you ever been to a haunted house?”

Arthur Donnovan

Art was too enchanted by Victoria to give attention to anything and anyone else. The girl was young, for sure, but the old vampire was sure there was more to her than her bitchy exterior. She was angry, that much was obvious to him. She harbored too much rage inside and a part of him wanted to find out what fueled that fury. Youth was oozing from her and there were not enough years in her to be this bitter. But if his age taught Art anything, it was that people had different stories to tell and not all of them were filled with joy and happiness. His own was the perfect example of how one might experience the greatest grief even at the young age.

When the two girls collided, Art didn’t notice Asher at first but then the brothers greeted each other and introduced their companions. “My greatest pleasure, Carina.” he greeted the redhead as well, offering a small polite nod. The girl seemed entranced by the fact that he and Ash were brothers and so did Tori but the blonde had already met Adrian and Alarick so the shock might have been tamed a little bit more. But the pleasantries only took a small moment before Tori started to tear into the clumsy girl. It seemed there was a long history between those two because while one might say Tori was out for blood, it wasn’t like Carina was just taking it without reaction. Art could see that her words always brought a response from Tori, no matter how few of those there were.

Finally Tori seemed to be done and mentioned her car but then she turned back to Carina and started talking about a ball. Art realized the tradition was still up and even hundred years ago, he visited a ball. The perfect opportunity to present his jewel to the girl who was going to become his wife. To Tori in this case. Another round of comments stormed over the girls but after Cari’s last sentence, Tori turned to walk away. Art’s fingers touched her elbow and nudged her gently. No one needed more of this shitshow. “Have a great rest of the day, brother. You too, Carina.” Art bid his goodbye and followed Tori away.

“I assume there’s history?” he smiled softly, taking Tori’s hand in hers. It was more than obvious she needed to calm down and Arthur’s stoic nature might be the right thing for her now. Her soft hand disappeared in his and he laced their fingers together. “How about you tell me more about that ball? Can I assume that the date is me?” he asked charmingly, letting her lead him to her car. Once there, he noticed something and before she managed to get in, the tall vampire turned her to face him. “There’s a little piece of that pink substance.” he stated and touched her collarbone, taking one thin strand of cotton candy between the thumb and index finger of his right hand. “What can I do to improve your mood, Miss?” he then asked, bringing her hand to his lips to press a soft kiss on it. “Name it. Anything.”

mood; delighted | location; fair | outfit; click! | tags; Tori, ( apolla apolla ); Ash ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Cari​
the vampire king

code by low fidelity.

Art was too enchanted by Victoria to give attention to anything and anyone else. The girl was young, for sure, but the old vampire was sure there was more to her than her bitchy exterior. She was angry, that much was obvious to him. She harbored too much rage inside and a part of him wanted to find out what fueled that fury. Youth was oozing from her and there were not enough years in her to be this bitter. But if his age taught Art anything, it was that people had different stories to tell and not all of them were filled with joy and happiness. His own was the perfect example of how one might experience the greatest grief even at the young age.

When the two girls collided, Art didn’t notice Asher at first but then the brothers greeted each other and introduced their companions. “My greatest pleasure, Carina.” he greeted the redhead as well, offering a small polite nod. The girl seemed entranced by the fact that he and Ash were brothers and so did Tori but the blonde had already met Adrian and Alarick so the shock might have been tamed a little bit more. But the pleasantries only took a small moment before Tori started to tear into the clumsy girl. It seemed there was a long history between those two because while one might say Tori was out for blood, it wasn’t like Carina was just taking it without reaction. Art could see that her words always brought a response from Tori, no matter how few of those there were.

Finally Tori seemed to be done and mentioned her car but then she turned back to Carina and started talking about a ball. Art realized the tradition was still up and even hundred years ago, he visited a ball. The perfect opportunity to present his jewel to the girl who was going to become his wife. To Tori in this case. Another round of comments stormed over the girls but after Cari’s last sentence, Tori turned to walk away. Art’s fingers touched her elbow and nudged her gently. No one needed more of this shitshow. “Have a great rest of the day, brother. You too, Carina.” Art bid his goodbye and followed Tori away.

“I assume there’s history?” he smiled softly, taking Tori’s hand in hers. It was more than obvious she needed to calm down and Arthur’s stoic nature might be the right thing for her now. Her soft hand disappeared in his and he laced their fingers together. “How about you tell me more about that ball? Can I assume that the date is me?” he asked charmingly, letting her lead him to her car. Once there, he noticed something and before she managed to get in, the tall vampire turned her to face him. “There’s a little piece of that pink substance.” he stated and touched her collarbone, taking one thin strand of cotton candy between the thumb and index finger of his right hand. “What can I do to improve your mood, Miss?” he then asked, bringing her hand to his lips to press a soft kiss on it. “Name it. Anything.”

VICTORIA ZABIELSKI

Outfit: Click! | Mood: hiding her hurt| Tags: Art ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ )

One of Tori's major flaws was that she needed to have the last word in just about everything. Maybe it was her age, her immaturity showing, or maybe it stemmed from the things she'd been through already in her short life. Hell, maybe it was just who she was meant to be, everything else be damned. Running into Cari and the handsome man beside her who turned out to be Art's other brother was not on Tori's to do list for the day, nor was getting cotton candy smashed all over her top. The flicker of anger she felt only grew at Cari's comment about Tori not knowing-- again. The jab was obvious, and quite surprising to the blonde, considering how soft spoken the redhead normally was.

Naturally, Tori had to retort, and when she did she pulled no punches. She hit below the belt, and she could see the hurt in Cari's gaze when Dean's name slipped from her mouth. Slipping her hand into Art's, satisfied that the battle was won, Tori started to pull him away from the other two. “Hopefully, whatever girl you stole him from won’t be after you soon.” The retort from the redhead stopped Tori dead in her tracks, her lips parting in surprise and her eyes widening. She tightened her grip on Art's hand, a thousand insults already springing to mind to hurl back at Cari. But something else happened, something unexpected. Tori's vision blurred on the spot, Cari's words getting to her more than she would care to admit.

Too ashamed and embarrassed to admit any of that, Tori just sniffled and started walking again. She'd let go of Art's hand, but she felt his fingers on her elbow, nudging her along as he told the other two to have a good rest of their day. Wrinkling her nose, Tori started walking faster, trying to ignore the tears that were threatening to spill over. Lifting her hand to wipe away the one that had managed to escape, she refused to look at Art, not wanting him to see the flood of emotions on her face. After that scene, she highly doubted he would want anything to do with her. Why would he? Looking at it in retrospect, Tori knew that Dean only flirted with her because he wanted the attention. To be fair, so did she. After she found out he was taken, she'd cut him off, but she had been devastated regardless.

He'd made it clear when she confronted him that he loved Cari, and if Tori were being honest with herself, she understood why. Cari was beautiful and mature, soft spoken and calm. Tori was everything but; the exact opposite of Cari in every way. Tori just... wasn't long term material. Or so she'd heard. All of those thoughts and self doubt filled her as she stalked away from the scene, wishing that she could just take it back. That's how it always seemed to happen, though. Tori exploded, regretted it, never said sorry and then it just happened again. No wonder she was alone. At Art's question about history between them, she just scoffed, but it turned into more of a gasp when she felt him lace their fingers together.

Tori's head jerked in his direction, her eyes wide again as she peered up at him. Her face flushed, her steps faltering slightly. Catching herself, she straightened as they continued towards the parking lot. When he mentioned the ball and him being her date, a small smile appeared on her lips, and her head lifted. "Well, of course it is." She told him, trying to swallow the shake in her voice. They reached her car but before she could get in, he turned her around to face him. Tori's heart skipped a beat, much like it had when they were taking the photos. But he just pointed out that she had cotton candy on her, and plucked it from her skin. Still, his touch sent a spark through her, her eyes unable to leave his face.

He brought her hand to his lips to kiss, and her facial expression softened, especially when he asked her what he could do to improve her mood. Anything. The word echoed in her mind and suddenly her eyes were filling with tears again, and she dropped her gaze, feeling her lower lip quivering. She looked at her hand in his, and suddenly was leaning closer, pressing herself against him. In that moment, she needed someone, and Art was offering up anything. She didn't need anything in that moment but him. Leaning her head on his chest, she closed her eyes for a moment. But then they shot back open and she jerked away from him, her mouth wide as she looked down at his shirt, where some of the sticky substance had transferred over. "Shit! I'm so sorry, Art... I didn't mean..."

coded by natasha.

ADRIAN BECK

Outfit: Click! | Mood: flirty, slightly worried | Tags: Mari ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

The more time Adrian spent with Mari, the more he was damn sure that she was meant to be his. His wife, his best friend... his everything. Unfortunately, he wouldn't have as much time to spend with her before her world was turned upside down as he would like, but he could only hope that she wouldn't hate him forever. He didn't doubt that she would be angry with him at first; he'd be quite surprised if she wasn't. That wasn't to say he'd never had a wife that wasn't angry with him for taking her away from everything she knew, but they were definitely few and far between. Most of the women he and his brothers chose had some sort of life they left behind, a life they weren't happy about leaving.

Adrian wondered about the life that Mari had here. She was alone at the festival, that he knew. He could also tell she was invested in her work, which told him she didn't have someone at home. But why not? She was stunning, intelligent, funny, flirty... everything Adrian loved about a woman and more. He wanted to know everything about her, but he had to keep telling himself they had plenty of time. The next hundred years or so, hopefully. Hell, maybe even longer, if she was the one. He hadn't given up hope that he would eventually find his true bride, like he felt some of his brothers might have. Or maybe they were just better about hiding their emotions than Adrian was. He did tend to wear his on his sleeve.

Up in the ferris wheel with Mari, Adrian hoped the ride would never end. They reached the top and Adrian spared a glance to the scenery around them. Being up in the air wasn't his favorite place to be. He much preferred land or the ocean, but he wasn't afraid. At least not with Mari to distract him. Sliding his gaze back to her, he offered her a small smile as she studied his tattoos. He purposefully used her full name when he asked if she was being suggestive with him, liking the way she grinned and her face lit up when she responded. When he placed his arm around her shoulders, he was happy to find that she leaned against him automatically, her body fitting next to his perfectly.

He leaned in closer to ask her if she had any tattoos, his eyes never leaving hers. When she looked at him she would find that he was still staring down at her, a small smile still present on his lips. When she admitted to having some, it was his turn for his eyes to light up. She looked down at her plain skin, and he tilted his head slightly as he shifted his gaze to follow. Only when she spoke next, his eyes flew back to hers, wide with shock and a bit of amusement. "All of them?" He echoed, looking down at his own body, seeming to think again before he looked over at her. "Might take a while, but I wouldn't complain." He told her, tightening his grip around her shoulders as the ride reached the bottom of the wheel again.

He'd looked over at the attendant as they approached, his lips curling into another amused grin when Mari added if he was interested, echoing his earlier words. The attendant opened their door and while he was doing do, Adrian turned back to Mari. "Highly interested." He told her, winking before he stood, his arm leaving her shoulders so he could get out of the tiny cart. Well, tiny compared to him, for sure. He turned to help Mari out as well, and then he gently guided her away from the ferris wheel. "You do realize we went up there to people watch, right? And we didn't watch anyone but each other." He paused, wrapping his arm around her waist now. "Not that I'm complaining, of course."

He led her away from the ferris wheel, glancing around at the booths and whatnot set up around them. "I know I have to let you go at some point tonight so you can return to your home, but..." He smiled, biting his lip slightly before he turned his head towards her. "I do hope you'll find me tomorrow." He sped up some, moving in front of her and blocking her path. Placing his hands on her hips, he closed the distance between them, looking down into her beautiful blue eyes. "Your eyes..." He told her, seeming to grow distracted for a moment. "Just like the ocean." He reached up to gently brush a strand of hair out of her eyes, wanting to see them better. "Mari, I..." He suddenly grinned and lifted her from the ground, spinning her around before he set her back down, pressing his lips to hers, wanting to show her how happy she made him.

coded by natasha.

apartment

mentions

none

interactions

outfit

Jolene

werewolf bride

Working as a bounty hunter certainly had its perks, more so than people knew. It taught skills such as weaponry and self-defense. It allowed her to both stand out and blend into the background. It harbored a reputation as someone that should not be messed with. It allowed for travel and seeing places that otherwise would have gone completely unknown. It allowed her to work on her own terms, to choose her own schedule. But, best of all, it taught her how to read people, to see beyond the mask they displayed to the world. Sure, Jolene had just met Alarick that same day, at her bar no less. In some cases, that might scare a woman, especially in that day and age. Someone with fewer claws might steer clear of bringing a stranger home with them mere hours after meeting them. But Jo saw something in Alarick's eyes that quelled any doubts about what she was doing. Somehow, even though she might now outwardly admit it, she trusted the ruggedly handsome man.

Once they reached her door, Jo began to dig in her purse for her keys. One of the Captain's rules: never leave the door unlocked, whether or not she was home. Her heart was beating rapidly, not from nervousness, but excitement. The bar was closed beneath them, having moved outdoors to the festival to gain more traction. So there was no one around to see them or question her decision to invite a man she just met into bed with her. Which was a good thing: her boss at the bar knew full well that Jo was a flirt. It was how she made such great tips. But he most certainly frowned upon sleeping with customers. As small as Maple Grove was, however, it was hard to find someone who wasn't a patron at the bar. Which made the out-of-towner all the better of a choice. Just as she felt her fingertips brush against the metal keyring in her purse, she felt Alarick take her hand and stop her. She turned to face him, freezing ever so slightly when he gently tipped her chin to look up at him.

It was a surprisingly sweet gesture, romantic even, and definitely not something she was used to. She didn't even realize he was backing her up until her back was against the wall next to her apartment door, and she was trapped. In most other scenarios, self-preservation Jo would have kicked in, potentially sent him tumbling down the stairs. But she still trusted him, trusted that smirk on his lips as he leaned in closer to her. "Before we go in, what are your plans for the festival ball?" Al asked, his low tone sending tingles down her spine. To be honest, she hadn't even thought about it. She would go, probably dateless, maybe use it as a chance to get more information on her target. But that wasn't really a seductive answer. Before she could come up with a response, he continued, "Because I think you should go with me." Jolene was surprised but didn't get to answer as his lips pressed against hers. Any thoughts she might have had about making sure whatever it was between them stayed casual and no-strings-attached flew right out the window. She was hooked.

The stuffed wolf plush fell absentmindedly from her fingers to the floor of the hallway as the blonde reached up to wrap her arms around his neck. Her eyes fluttered closed as she fervently kissed him back. After what certainly didn't feel long enough, she pulled back, breathing heavily. A smirk played on her lips as Jolene answered, "Yes, I'll go to the ball with you." She placed her hand flat against his chest and pushed softly, just enough to get some space between them so she could move around him to her door. Reaching into her purse, she found her keys again and unlocked it, pushing the door open to reveal the studio apartment behind. It was fairly industrial-looking, with exposed brick walls and leather furniture. Jo tossed her purse onto the foyer table before turning back to Alarick. Reaching out for his hands, the blonde pulled him into the apartment, shutting the door behind him and locking it. Something about the entire interaction felt primal, like predator and prey but neither could decide which part they were actually playing. Jolene walked towards him until they were chest to chest again, and she placed his hands on her hips once again. Hers slid up his chest until her arms hung around his neck once again. Leaning up until their lips barely touched, she whispered, "Now, where were we?"

nine lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back