• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Previous "Life" (Train to Nowhere Character Sheets)

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Resting Witch Face

breaking the laws of physics medieval style
Nowhere does not care who you are, or were. But you still do, for now. To keep your self fresh in mind, ask yourself:

What was your name?
How many years had you seen?
Who, or what, did you hold closest to you?

Why are you here, to survive or thrive?
Why didn't you give up your spot on the Train?
What do you expect to find in Nowhere?

What do you look like?
What do you act like?
What did you bring with you? (3 items per character.)

What are your hobbies?
Do you have any likes, or dislikes?
What is your moral code, to live by?

What else do you think should be listed here? (Feel free to add.)

What was your name?
-Ed Sullivan
-The family I left behind, back in town. It may seem like a basic answer, but it's the truth.

TL : DR
-Quiet and acclimated to living on the fringes of society, Ed thrives in the wilds, though he misses the banter he used to make with his family while on camping trips.

-To survive. Everyone I loved left, so I'll keep moving forwards in their name.
-I tried to, but nobody would accept. My mother wouldn't hear a word of it, she just gave me a teary smile and waved. My father and brother... no, just no.
-Peace and quiet.

What do you look like?
-I'm 5'10'', 190lbs last time I checked. Sandy brown hair falling off my scalp in long locks, and a face like my mother's. I can't look in the mirror anymore.
What do you act like?
-I'm rather shy, so people tend to think I'm reserved when in reality I'm just anxious.

What did you bring with you?
-Hunting knife in my right boot. Not for offense, purely survival.
-Whetstone, for keeping my knife sharp, obviously.
-My family heirloom, a bronze wristwatch that hasn't ticked in decades, passed down to me by my father.

What are your hobbies?
-I used to enjoy hunting with my father and brother, both for sport and food. As the years went on, we fell off from our regular weekend trips and just went every month or so until we stopped entirely. I wish I could've gotten my dad's rifle from his safe, but his knife is just as good.
-Herbology, a skill I learned from my mother. Combining different flowers and grasses, molds and fungi to produce a powerful concoction always made me feel like a witch, slaving away at some boiling black cauldron filled with lizard guts and ectoplasm. The real procedure is infinitely less thrilling.
-I picked up cooking from my brother, who was a master chef in his own right. I learned a thousand different recipes for makeshift sandwiches and even how to make an entire soup with broth from scratch and bones, but I could never get the spices right like he could. I wish I snagged his recipe notebook.

-I enjoy being alone, preferably somewhere quiet. Conversely, I abhor anything loud or crowded. A small group is fine, but once I'm in, say, a busy street, my mind completely shuts down and I can't look past my own two feet.
-Jokers, clowns and anything trying too hard to be funny just makes me physically recoil.
-Sinners. Now, don't take me for a religious zealot, I mean I just don't care for people who are overly prideful, greedy, envious, slovenly, wrathful, lusty or gluttonous.

-Life is like a delicate flower, flapping carelessly in the wind. It's beautiful to take in, in the passing moments you can, but one wrong move and you'll crush it forever.

What was your name?
Oliver Jay
My mother was the only thing closest to me.

Survival is all that matters, survive this horrible place and hope to see a better future.
There was no point, there had to be people on the Train, might as well be someone without purpose.
Nothing but emptiness, a broken promise of a better world.

What do you look like?

My mother said I looked a lot like her father, the shaggy brown hair, the oval shaped face, the normal straight to the point nose, and apparently my smile matches his, the brightest smile you'll ever see. Or at least that's what my mother said... I also have my mother's eyes, a blueberry shade of color. I'd say I stand at 5'11.
What do you act like?
When I'm not in a mood I'd say I'm a very laid back, fun and loving person. But nowadays I don't trust anyone and prefer to stay out of everyone's ways and look after myself. Don't get me wrong, I won't go out of my way to be cruel or manipulative to someone unless I deem them worthy of my wrath. But I'd prefer not to put on a face either.
I brought a journal and a pencil. It's a rather large and mostly blank journal, only thing inside is my pencil and images and notes of my past life. I'm looking to fill the pages with my new life.
Lastly, I brought a machete that I bought with my own money in my past life, knew someday my old kitchen knife wouldn't do me any good.

What are your hobbies?

I used too spend most of my time with the children around my home, something about the youth gave me some hope for humanity. The youth still have such bright lives, I spent most of my time getting paid to look after them, it was good easy money for something I enjoyed doing. Perhaps in another life I would have been a teacher...
I helped my mother cook and get resources, I enjoyed every moment I could get with my mom so of course I would share the same interests as her. So I guess you could say I know a thing or too about cooking and which berries not to eat.
Drawing and writing I guess I would consider as one. There aren't too many bright memories in my old life, so it's best to write down that moment by every inch of detail and draw it so perhaps one day I could look back and relive it.
I enjoy making other people's days by doing simple tasks like cooking them nice warm chicken noodle soup on a cold winter's evening.
I dislike ungrateful, spoiled and violent people. They cause nothing but chaos, I... almost feel bad for them, being that miserable.
Food was always a way to my heart, if someone brought cookies over then they'd be my favorite person for a while.
Simple activities outside always warmed my heart up, a walk on the beach, stargazing, and other things like that.
I love the quiet, I feel like the quiet was the best way of communicating with another person. All you needed to do was be beside them and you could really tell who they were. If small sounds were to interrupt that, or in fact if I even hear a small sound I'd be driven crazy. Sounds like chewing, loud breathing, scratching, crinkling a bag, and other small things like that.
Life is harsh, cruel, and unfair. Enjoying the smallest things is enough to get you by, but sometimes fighting fire with fire is the only way to survive.

What was your name?
Honora DeVries

20, almost 21.

Duty. The burden of the knowledge of what is to come, and what must come. It is more pertinent than ever, now.

To thrive. Perhaps we truly are the last of humanity, but perhaps that is an opportunity to start anew, with only the best of the remnants that remain. If we are to lose everything, then perhaps we should lose the injustice, the stupidity, the petty crime, and remake the world in the image we see fit. Pessimism is the start of defeat.

Why should I? My parents were determined that I should escape, having raised me to be one of the best of humanity. Shouldn't that have been the point? I am intelligent and hard-working and healthy, an ideal candidate for this new life. My mother cried salt tears to beg for my place aboard, an act of emotion so convincing that I almost didn't want to leave her, and all of it was for the hope of what I could bring to the future. To have given up that place would have been a pointless insult.

Explicitly I know not to be hopeful, that if there were some paradise it would already be occupied and torn to pieces. There is no magic Eden left on Earth. But privately, I hope that there will be peace, happiness, people who share my goal to restart civilisation the right way and make all of this worth it. That must be why they were chosen for the journey...

What do you look like?
I've been described as pretty, in the kind of way that makes people think there's nothing of substance underneath. Not beautiful like a model, but I know I have an air of "tall, dark and handsome". Long, dark hair and a long, dark stare in response to hopeful compliments. Perhaps that's enough for people to assume that I'm too self-absorbed, but I just had to get used to sifting through the insubstantial attention to find something of merit. I'm definitely above needing attention.

What do you act like?
Too many people latch onto uncertainty in these times, which made me realise that somebody needs to take charge. I may not be a leader per se, but I can't stand indecision, particularly not in times like these when action is essential. So I'll be the one to organise people, if need be. It's funny how when you start giving orders to a group of ditherers, some of them remember that they actually do have opinions after all. Maybe that's my role: to spur people into action by frustrating them. Consider it an act of altruism.

I had a small backpack prepared for this moment by my family, with useful items that we might need, but it was lost in the rush to earn me a place aboard. All that I held onto are the following:
-A box of matches.
-A simple first-aid kit, which still contains bandages, alcohol wipes and a bottle of antibiotics. I am to survive until we build civilisation again.
-An oddity: my father's wallet, that he handed to me and I accepted without thinking. The currency is useless now, but it has a picture of my family within it, as though he was trying to make me regret leaving them behind. My mother, my father, and my brother, who was sick and therefore unfit to board.

What are your hobbies?
-I was academic (and I still am, because circumstance is not the master of personality), with an aptitude for mathematics and sciences. Admittedly not much of it was practical, but I am able to think rationally and solve problems. I find it enjoyable to think.
-I played the violin, which there is little chance of now, and I sing, which I aim to continue. Joy is not useless for society.
-I have some medical training: even if there would have been enough time left in the future to consider it, I likely would not have chosen to attend medical school. But it is enough to keep others alive. I am not a fighter, though I have been taught some self-defence. Perhaps my parents were too optimistic in thinking I wouldn't need more, truly believing that only the good and virtuous would be the ones to build a new world.

-I have no time for people who are too absorbed with pride to listen to reason, or who are too plagued by indecision to make a choice. If they won't listen to direction, then I can't help them. Of course some people would say that I am a hypocrite, but at least I'm able to make clear, sensible decisions. If overruled, I'll stand down. But I will make it very clear that I disagree.
-Warmth. I can't bear being physically cold. It's always better to be up doing something rather than shivering under a blanket.
-I love music, particularly singing together during work or leisure. It may not be useful or always pleasing, but my guilty pleasure is to be part of a group of people who sing for the sheer joy of voice and community.

When there are problems with your world, it is up to you to fix them. There is no sense in complaining if you haven't at least taken steps to solve things yourself, no matter how big or small.

Last edited:
What was your name?

August Yates

I’m fairly sure I’m 19, but I could never remember my birthday anyway.

Knowledge, or my notebooks, since they kept it all.

Surviving is necessary for me to think and write it all down, but if I don’t thrive, there won’t be a generation to read what I write, will there?

I am the only one who could do what I do, or at least, the only one I can trust. I need to know, and it is probably selfish, but I want to be the one that knows everything I can figure out.

I expect to find answers, or puzzles, or something interesting, that I can write down. Even ruins will work, but there has to be something, right?

What do you look like?

My hair is black currently, but I used to dye it because I wondered what it would look like. I have a rather ordinary appearance in all, and people tend to ignore me unless I address them.

What do you act like?

Someone once told me I acted too stiff and scholarly, but I don’t think so. I think I act with just enough logic and still be creative enough to think of unordinary solutions. I think I am also am straightforward, since I know what it’s like to be stuck with a mystery.

My journal, of course. I need to somewhere to write my life down, and this works well enough.

A pen, because ink can’t be erased. I brought some extra ink as well.

I brought a pendant with me as well, sapphire, to remind me to be flexible, like water.

What are your hobbies?

I like puzzles, things like Rubik’s cubes or jigsaw puzzles. It’s nice knowing there’s definitely an answer to the problem I’m facing.
I can write a lot quickly, and although they aren’t neat, they still can be read. I draw well too, since diagrams and such would be appreciated by readers.
I like collecting things, and finding sets of interesting stuff. Coins, dice, pictures, or even rocks, it feels good to have a set.

Distractions are annoying, and interrupt me, but some can lead to things more interesting. Still, hate most interruptions.
Small, closed spaces, because of how limiting they feel. It’s feels like I’m being trapped, which is a bad feeling.
Complex things always look better to me than simple ones, since it takes more effort to figure them out. I like people a lot too because of it, since it’s fun to figure them out.
I can’t take standing still, doing nothing. I always feel like I have to be doing something, so I don’t waste any time.

I always want to find the answer to mysteries, and solve every puzzle. I want to say I wouldn’t do anything drastic, since I couldn’t take it back, but I might if the answer required it.

What was your name?

Don 'Goliath' Thompson (Rank is Corporal)

28 (4 Years of Tour in Afghan.)

A week or so before I had gotten the train ticket, My wife had passed from an Unstable form of cancer. But, I'll keep going for her while I still stand.

Surviving is number 1 on a Marine's Checklist, But I keep going for my wife.

I had helped an older lady who had fallen down while she was heading to the train. She gave me her ticket and told me I had a better chance than her. I tried to give It back but she told me to go on, and enjoy the life I still had. I feel bad for her, Really I do. But she gave me the chance to start anew.

You know, I really don't know what to expect. Could be anything or anyone in that place called 'NoWhere'.

What do you look like?

Some of my old friends from the Marines called me 'Goliath' since I stand at 6'5 and weighing 203 Pounds. Seemingly, A lot of shorter people are scared of me, Probably because of my somewhat bulging muscles. I am currently wearing my Dress uniform with my Berreta in Its holster on my side.
(Steal my Art I will DESTROY YOU!)
Normal_Male.jpeg

What do you act like?

People can actually get along with me, As I can make friends pretty easily. I'm usually a quite calm person and I like to help others out. Although, I don't take too kindly to rude people but they deserve second chances too.

- A Berreta M9 (One Extra 15-Round Magazine.) I'd prefer to use it for self-defense or shooting away predators and such. I carry it under the CCP law but I doubt that matters anymore.

-A Holy Bible. Just for giving hope I guess.

-A Silver Cross connected to a chain. I like wearing it because it looks nice and it gives me hope. Also, I think that the chain is strong enough to be used as a weapon.

What are your hobbies?

Reading. Why do you think I carry a Bible for? Shooting. I love to shoot rifles and shotguns especially. Cooking. Trust me, I can make a meal from an MRE.

I like: Homemade food, Christianity, Guns, America, Freedom, Bravery, Helping out, and nice people.

I dislike: Rude people, Thiefs, Perfection, and Burnt Biscuits.

Semper Fidelis: It means 'Always Loyal' or 'Always Faithful'. We were taught what this meant in the Marine Corps. Not everything or anyone needs to be perfect.

Extra:

I like to say 'Oorah!' when I meet someone or Agree with something. Its a Marine thing so Trust me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back