• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
5703E569-E547-46BA-A1E6-3FD0CD09F15B.jpeg
The Future was almost always thought of fondly, people saw humanity reaching towards the stars, conquering disease, and becoming masters of the cosmos. A select few saw the future not as a beautiful tapestry of what could be but rather as an Impending doom we could not avoid. However in the year 2012 the earth and the local solar system crossed into a patch of cosmic radiation not experienced by humanity in almost 12,000 years. This resulted in the rise of the Superpowered individual as the strange radiation mutated a select few people. Governments around the world began what would go down in history as the generation of crackdowns.
97FF63B0-85CC-4467-809B-2206AE40318B.jpeg
By 2020 every government in the United Nations was wrapped up in the Roundup and internment efforts. The small portion of people who had developed powers were branded as terrorists, monsters, and mutants. Tens of thousands of people would perish in government prisons and camps, people began to grow more suspicious and the advancement of surveillance technologies made it nearly impossible to hide…but nearly impossible and actually impossible are two different things. Despite their best efforts and nearly thirty years of consistent work the governments of the world would find themselves ill prepared for the second wave of super humans.
8F29978D-5293-4B1E-9287-8F52AEF20C65.jpeg
The newest generation of Superhumans seemed to have none of the identifying features as the first generation. Things that gave away the original Metahumans like Radioactive signatures and physical mutations became rarer and rarer, what’s worse was those with powers were beginning to form their own organizations and by 2051 the world governments had begun to take drastic measures. Essentially re-educating the ones they had captured to hunt the others and thus began what would be called the Age of Supers. Their clashes grew more and more severe until eventually the violence claimed the wrong victims. When two Metahumans parents died protecting their young third generation child the distress caused the child, a global level technopath, to unleash a psychic wave that would cause all the worlds technology to malfunction and much of it to crash entirely. Needless to say the child was killed…but that just meant what he had set in motion could not be stopped.
C0E79B22-69DB-4CA7-AC94-6A5206F8F8F4.jpeg
the worlds nuclear Arsenal, the pinnacle of mankind’s destructive power, was turned upon itself and the world as we know it came to an end that day. The bombs were indiscriminate taking humans of all kinds, man, woman, young, old, rich, poor, mundane, and super. Humanity was knocked down to one percent its original population. With the only survivors being the deeply rural communities, and the extremely wealthy who hid within bunkers. Those who remained have begun to carve out a world for themselves however new dangers lie around the corners in this new world.
E0A1DCA7-193A-49F8-B408-1984E0BC7B98.jpeg
Now thirty years after the bombs destroyed civilization Survivors begin to flood into the skeletons of the once great cities, driven by a lack of resources and an expanding population scout parties are being sent into cities in an effort to find livable areas where new settlements can be built within the carcasses of the old. However nature is a cruel and vindictive mistress and humanity is not the only ones who were changed by the past century. Cosmic radiation effected plants and animals creating super fauna and flora, which then mutated further from the nuclear radiation and went on to become the dominant lifeforms of earth in the absence of heavy human populations. What’s worse reports of Strange Alien lights in the cities and disappearing crews have caused many to think these ruin explorers May very well be rushing to their death. Nonetheless with little choice they March on….
~~~
Hello everyone this will be my first attempt at an original story and my third and final rp to run simultaneously here on this site. I may produce more when these have run their course. That said this story is a pretty simple post apocalyptic superhuman survival story. Players will be Allowed to play humans or Superhumans but important limits exist for the latter. Unfortunately the nuclear radiation has had an adverse effect on the development of superpowers and the third and fourth generation Superhumans are actually weaker than the second generations but about even with the third generations. This means that possessing enough power to destroy a 6 story building in under a minute is so rare that it’s not even worth mentioning. Characters will be limited to decently low tier powers such as super strength in the 5 ton range, or teleporting up to a range of 100ft once or twice before being exhausted. So for all intents and purposes your powers will actually take the backseat to your characters personality and experience as even someone with a top tier power can be pretty easily felled if they are not smart about it. I’ll be on the lookout for crafty intelligent original characters more so than powerful ones with edgy backstories. So try to keep in mind that we should be operating as a team and you can’t do it all alone.

Players will all have a similar origin with obvious room for wiggling. We all come from the same small settlement deep in rural New York. In a small town called Old Forge just north of the black river forest we have built a small community which has thrived for nearly the entire thirty years since the bombs fell. We took a long trek through the dangerous rural areas and have finally come to the edge of New York City. We’ve been journeying for two weeks to get to where we are now and we have been camping at fort Montgomery for about a day now. Despite seeing strange lights and hearing odd sounds from the city we know that if we don’t find something in there to help our people with their current waste removal problem the crops won’t last another year and our community will likely die out by the winter. Will we make it back? That is the question worth asking but at the end of the day no one knows the answer because at the end of the day we are the only ones who can answer it, because we are The Powers That Be.

I’ll answer any questions you might have below.

A few answers to questions I foresee.

1. Can I make multiple characters? Yes you can in fact I encourage everyone to have at least one back up just in case you get bored of a character or you want to kill one off.

2. what kind of powers are allowed? Honestly the range is huge, physical mutations, check. Psychic powers, Check. If you can explain it with comic book science it works. The only thing that isn’t really allowed is magic.

3. What can our group expect to deal with here? Well most life that wasn’t super got taken out by nukes so what remains are notoriously difficult to kill animals, like spiders the size of labradors, four armed hyper aggressive monkeys, plants that shoot toxic seeds, and even some kind of strange faction of humanoids in white suits flying around on weird disks.

4. how many people are allowed to join the Roleplay? I’m looking for about four to seven people to make up the expedition team. I myself will also be joining as a player but mainly to keep the plot on track.

5. Post parameters? I’m not really a guy who likes to make limits on people’s creativity…but at the same time at least a paragraph is really needed to give enough to respond to for people so I ask that you at least do that. As far as frequency goes one post a week is the minimum. Please no back to back posts, if you must reply to two separate situation do so in a split post.​

Excellent that makes four. I’ll have a Cs page up today hopefully within an hour or two.

Here we go. I just reskinned my Cs for my bleach RP. It worked surprisingly

animegirl20 animegirl20 Conloth Conloth AbyssFlower AbyssFlower DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

Sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. A ton of rps I thought were dead suddenly sprung to life and I don't think I'll have time for a group rp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back