• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Plague (A slow-burn Zombie Apocalypse) *Interest Check* (NOW CLOSED)

Cavemanman

The Superior Weeb
Hey, thanks for the click.

The idea is a simple, a virus spreads across the globe, re-animating the dead and tearing down society. Not a special idea right? Well I'm wanting to do it differently then other Zombie RPs. Instead of starting right into the action, it'll begin shortly before the spread, and our characters will have to witness the slow destruction and melt down of society. I want it to be realistic, and a tad bit of horror and macabre.

The virus is transmitted via bodily fluids, (blood for instance), so biting or being thrown up on is a good way to get infected, zombies themselves will act a certain way. The virus has three stages of infection. (This is also a universe were zombies aren't popular in media, so no one knows what they are.)

1. Runners: The freshly infected, Runners are aggressive, volatile, and as the name implies, quick on their feet. They also retain a certain amount of human intelligence, being able to climb and dodge objects, and figuring out the quickest way to their target. They can also vomit blood onto their victims, which is highly infectious. Either sustaining an injury that leads to major blood loss, or the simple wait of a few days, the Runners will devolve to the next stage.

2. Roamers: After a few days of infection, or simply being killed with the virus in your bloodstream, the infected turns into a Roamer. All of a Roamer's senses are dead, except for touch. They can feel the vibrations in the ground, and use that to guide them to prey. And don't be misguided by their slow behavior, if you get into the vicinity of a Roamer, it'll go berserk, and once it grabs a hold of you, it won't let go.

3. Shamblers: After a long while has passed, the infected will enter a hibernation phase in order to preserve energy. This will give them the disguise of being dead, but make no mistake, one noise and they'll latch onto you, and tear you apart. However, they are the most decayed, and will be the easiest to kill.

The beginning of the story will take place in Connecticut, mostly around the Hartford area. (Most places other than that will be fictional.) And I'm doing a subjective story, which means you're allowed to add elements to it you think would be neat and do your own thing to it.

Tell me if you're interested, and what you want your character to be!

I’m super interested. My character will probably be a quiet supply runner with a foul mouth. She grows on you though(kinda).

I love the idea of building up the tention, rather than hopping straight into the whole survival/action part! I would very much like to make a EMT character for the Hartford Fire Department if that's okay? :)

Last edited:
I love the idea of building up the tention, rather than hopping straight into the whole survival/action part! I would very much like to make a EMT character for the Hartford Fire Department if that's okay? :)
Sounds good to me, the thread will be up later, I'll notify you when

I'm totally in! Interested in playing somebody's little sister, around 8 years old. If anybody wants to be the older sibling (can be kid or adult), let me know!

I'm totally in! Interested in playing somebody's little sister, around 8 years old. If anybody wants to be the older sibling (can be kid or adult), let me know!
My character has a younger sibling that went missing but I could always change it to be a younger sibling they look after!

Damn, if only this was set in the South... then we could all be related.. ;P

Younger character sounds fine, maybe up the age a few years (10-13 per se.) But other than that it's gucc.

Out of interest Cavemanman Cavemanman I'm wondering what kind of character you plan for yours? :P I would totally be up for collaboration if you're interested as well, plus points if they come from similiar backgrounds? :)

Out of interest Cavemanman Cavemanman I'm wondering what kind of character you plan for yours? :P I would totally be up for collaboration if you're interested as well, plus points if they come from similiar backgrounds? :)
Isherwood Clark. A quite high-school grad with not much to do with his life. Decent with mechanics, but has only ever worked on small ones, such as yard equipment. Never knew his dad, Mom passed a few years ago, so he lives with his Aunt in Hartford Connecticut.

Isherwood Clark. A quite high-school grad with not much to do with his life. Decent with mechanics, but has only ever worked on small ones, such as yard equipment. Never knew his dad, Mom passed a few years ago, so he lives with his Aunt in Hartford Connecticut.
Hm, I would've thought that the Station my character works for would always be happy to recieve help from volunteers. Perhaps yours (or anyone else's for that matter) has come over occasionally to work on some of the engines, mechanical pumps and other bits of equipment. Invaluable experience for a young man to get his hands on some serious machinery? :P

Hm, I would've thought that the Station my character works for would always be happy to recieve help from volunteers. Perhaps yours (or anyone else's for that matter) has come over occasionally to work on some of the engines, mechanical pumps and other bits of equipment. Invaluable experience for a young man to get his hands on some serious machinery? :P
Not a bad idea, i'll probably implement that to his storyline

Interested. I would love to make a female character who was a recently graduated medical student, working on becoming a surgeon.

Interested. I would love to make a female character who was a recently graduated medical student, working on becoming a surgeon.
I like that idea, go ahead and describe her in the OOC.

I'm pretty interested but having trouble deciding on profession. I might just roll with a teacher or a bank teller.

My character has a younger sibling that went missing but I could always change it to be a younger sibling they look after!
If you want to, I'd be up for that!

Younger character sounds fine, maybe up the age a few years (10-13 per se.) But other than that it's gucc.
I can play a pretty mature little kid... what are your concerns with children under ten? I can be sure to work around those :3

If you want to, I'd be up for that!

I can play a pretty mature little kid... what are your concerns with children under ten? I can be sure to work around those :3
No real concerns, just thought it was pretty young. If you wanna play as a young kid you can, i have no real preference.

Go ahead and make them in the creation thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back