• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Plague - A PJO Roleplay

Should it be set in Camp Half-Blood with Greeks or in Camp Jupiter with Romans?

• Camp Jupiter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thanatos

This is written from a Greek point of view, but this plot can be for either Roman or Greek demigods/camps, so vote above if you'd rather do Roman, or we could do a mix of both!

Camp Half-Blood is a safe haven, it always has been. Demigods from all over the country can come, learn to fight, to survive in a world where they're hunted by monsters. It had been years since there had been a quest, a real quest. Of course, peace can only last for so long.

The first camper fell sick in June, before anybody realized there was a threat. Weeks were spent in the infirmary, trying to figure out what was wrong with the boy, why none of the Apollo campers recognized the disease. Nobody could do anything to cure him, and, within a couple months, he had died. By that time, four other campers were sick, most of which were the healers themselves, who had spent so much time around the infected boy. Within six months of the first death, in February, there was a quarantine in camp, where all of the diseased stayed 24/7, and the infected healers tried their best to ease the suffering around them. Meanwhile, the rest of the camp tried to function like normal, or as normal as could be. Of course, the Athena cabin teamed up with the Apollo cabin to try to figure out what was wrong, how to help their friends before it was too late, but they made no headway. How long could they wait before sending a quest?

1. Obviously no god-modding, meta-gaming, Mary Sues, Gary Sues, or any of those other fancy roleplay terms. Basically, use common sense. Don't try to make your character this unbeatable, incredible person, because that's no fun. For fight scenes, it's heavily advised that you discuss with the other person beforehand who would win, and just be reasonable - nobody can dodge every blow, nobody can take a sword to the stomach and keep going like it never happened.

2. I'm just coming back from a hiatus, and I'm about to start classes, so I'm not expecting people to be able to post a hundred times a day. This is a semi-active roleplay. Try to respond at least every three days, preferably more often if you can. If you can't make the deadline, let me know, and we'll figure something out. That being said, I also don't want people who try to completely spam the roleplay, don't go off on 1x1 tangents with someone, try not to post more than twice a day if you're writing with the same person.

3. Don't try to take control of the roleplay, there's a set up plot. Sideplots are allowed and encouraged, but don't try to change the entire plot.

4. Try to be relatively realistic. Characters who are flat-out rude or unlikable won't be invited on the quest, if they're accepted at all. Characters with a dozen and a half powers and no weaknesses won't be accepted.

I'd like at least six characters before I begin, and everyone is allowed up to two characters apiece. Try to keep genders relatively balanced.
1. Jacob Lord - Thanatos Thanatos
2. Kiara Lebeda - Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
3. Alexander Kilner - Graecus Scum Graecus Scum
4. Olivia Kilner - Graecus Scum Graecus Scum
5. Violet Evslin - AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
6. Kjell Tajan - koala koala

7. Rika Hideyoshi - koala koala
(Preferably more if we get the interest)

I am looking for at least one co-GM, possibly two depending on how many characters end up being a part of this, so if you're interested, let me know.

If you happen to see this after it starts and still wants to join, shoot me a message, and we'll figure something out to bring in your character later.

This thread is a bit of a WIP, so if you have any questions, let me know! Hope to write with you all soon!

Links: Character Thread - OOC Thread

Last edited:
Proposed Character Introduction

Name: Renzo Carter (usually called "Zo" by the other campers)

Produced from the relationship between a son of Athena and a sphinx that his father met while on a quest, Renzo has lived at Camp Half-Blood for as long as he can remember. His father (only 16 himself at the time of Zo's birth) raised him with the help of Chiron and the other campers until Zo was at the age of 4 but then disappeared (presumably killed) on a quest. Zo refuses to believe that his father is truly dead, however. As a result of his upbringing, many of the other campers feel a sort of avuncular affection towards him.

Appearance: Due to being half-sphinx, Zo has yellow eyes, grey wings, and lion paws for feet, but usually uses a powerful Mist to conceal the latter two. He is more lithe than bulkily muscular, with a build and style of movement that is reminiscent of a jungle cat.

Abilities: Due to being a grandson of Athena, Zo has an affinity for weaponry and strategy. His favorite weapon is a khopesh, because the Egyptians honored sphinxes and because few enemies train for it or expect it in combat. Due to being the son of a sphinx, he has a tendency to ask probing questions and blend into the shadows. Of course, his wings allow him to fly.

Personality: Because he lost his father at such a young age, Zo is fiercely protective. He also likes to ask deep, difficult-to-answer questions (as mentioned above). He is extremely intelligent and exceptionally determined to someday find and rescue his father.

Last edited:
Proposed Character Introduction

Name: Renzo Carter (usually called "Zo" by the other campers)

Produced from the relationship between a son of Athena and a sphinx that his father met while on a quest, Renzo has lived at Camp Half-Blood for as long as he can remember. His father (only 16 himself at the time of Zo's birth) raised him with the help of Chiron and the other campers until Zo was at the age of 4 but then disappeared (presumably killed) on a quest. Zo refuses to believe that his father is truly dead, however. As a result of his upbringing, many of the other campers feel a sort of avuncular affection towards him.

Appearance: Due to being half-sphinx, Zo has yellow eyes, grey wings, and lion paws for feet, but usually uses a powerful Mist to conceal the latter two. He is more lithe than bulkily muscular, with a build and style of movement that is reminiscent of a jungle cat.

Abilities: Due to being a grandson of Athena, Zo has an affinity for weaponry and strategy. His favorite weapon is a khopesh, because the Egyptians honored sphinxes and because few enemies train for it or expect it in combat. Due to being the son of a sphinx, he has a tendency to ask probing questions and blend into the shadows. Of course, his wings allow him to fly.

Personality: Because he lost his father at such a young age, Zo is fiercely protective. He also likes to ask deep, difficult-to-answer questions (as mentioned above). He is extremely intelligent and exceptionally determined to someday find and rescue his father.
We're only doing demigods, not legacies or half-monsters.

We're only doing demigods, not legacies or half-monsters.

Okay, okay, I understand, creative restrictions. I'll keep that character in my back pocket though

I'm still interested. I'll be a son of Hades and wait for the character thread this time.

This seems very neat. Is there still room for a son of Helios or Pontus?

The current plan is to close the initial character submissions in another day or two. If anyone wants to try to bring in a character later into the roleplay, PM me to discuss.

Any chance I could submit a child of Athena? Or are you all filled up?
I’ll give until the end of today before closing off submissions for the beginning. If you can’t get it in by then, PM me, and we can discuss a way to bring YC in after the quest starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back