• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pioneering Roommates

Josh felt his phone buzz, but it was at a time when he was in the middle of History. After class had ended, he leaned against the wall and pulled out his phone out. Lucky guy. He replied, [Sorry to hear that your prof is sick, but these things do happen. Thank you for letting me know. Stay safe out there.]

Sickness does happen to all and Josh was no different. He felt under the weather every now and then. He usually had summer issues with runny nose or stuffy nose and constant sneezing. These allergies were problematic enough that he had been given a prescription. There had been two times in his life that he could recall that he had been seriously ill enough to miss school. Once, was a two week bout with chicken pox when he was in the second grade. The other was five years later when he was sidelined for three days with the flu. The only instances that he had missed time in high school were for a couple of funerals, those for his maternal grandfather's parents.

Josh made his way to his Latin class. Once there, he set out his materials for the lesson. Although it looked like he was really paying attention and he had genuinely participated, his mind was focused on the clock inside his head.

Having gotten everything he needed and/or wanted, Matthew made his way back to his truck and drove back to the college. He was hoping he would be back before Josh so that he could had the stuff he got. Luckily he was and quickly just shoved everything under his bed before getting up and taking a shower. Since he was pretty sure that it would take Josh a bit to get from his class to the dorms so that they could go an grab dinner together. He didn't even bother grabbing nay clothes to change into, he only had his towel.

In the shower, Matthew felt a bit better after at least getting Josh something for his birthday. He would have felt horrible if he didn't and then he would look like the jerk boyfriend in front of Josh's parents that didn't get him anything. Sure he had talked to Josh's parents here and there over the phone when Josh would call them or they would call Josh. But he never met them in person and he was nervous as hell. What if they don't like me? What if they say I'm not good enough for him? I know I would never spill his secret, ever. But that doesn't mean that I'll pass the dating aspect of his parents approval.. Oh god. what if they ask if I've had past relationships?! Not even thinking about it, Matthew rubbed his chest over his scar with the heel of his hand.

He shower ended when the water started to cool down and snap himself out of his musings. Turning the water off, Matthew grabbed his towel and dried his hair and body before wrapping it around his waist and walking out. He sat down on his bed and sighed as he leaned back on his hands and tilted his head back with his eyes closed. I need to get out of my head.

Class is over. A weekend of fun awaits. Josh slides his textbook and spiral notepad into his backpack. He exits the room and ascends the stairs and exits the building to make a beeline straight to Selby Hall. Along the way, a few people greeted him and he waved hello back. Many of them had just found out that his birthday was this month.

Last Saturday was the first Saturday of the month. Per dorm custom, it was a combination birthday party/movie night. No specific dates were given, only acknowledged who had a birthday in that month. Each dignitary approached the cake when called by name and stood behind it. Josh sat on the steps at the back of the rec room and ate the cube of cake, part of a full sheet. Those Leitners sure know their art. I don't think I could have done better. Josh had no experiences with large cakes, but when accounting for size, he felt confident that he could approximate the look and taste.

Josh entered the residence hall and headed down the hall to the room he shared with Matthew. In the key goes and with the turn of the doorknob, the door opens. He declares, "I am done for the day." He looks right and sees the recently used shower. He then looks at Matthew reclining on his bed wearing just in a towel. He sets his stuff down at the foot of his bed and stands by his boyfriend, "You okay cuddlebud?"

What if they don't like how I dress? I should dress to impress. "First impression goes along way." Mom always told me that. He heard the sound of the door followed by Joshua's announcement. "Hm?" He was brought out of his thoughts when Josh asked him a question. He tilted his head back up and his eyes focused on Josh. "Yeah, I'm alright." He said as he stood up from his bed and stretched his arms over his head. "Just thinking about the impending visit from your parents." He said before he, without much thought, gave Josh a kiss on the lips before he went to grab a pair of boxers from his draw and slipped them on under the towel.

"It's my actual first time meeting them in person." He said as he turned to face Josh after taking his towel off once his boxers were in place. "Just... kind of nervous I guess." He had an embarrassed look on his face. He was embarrassed for being nervous. He really liked Josh, human and wolf, he just wanted to make a good impression so that his parents liked him as well so that he could continue being with Josh.

Walking back to his bed, Matthew sat sat and looked up at his boyfriend. "I just want to make a good impression on them. Oddly enough." He knew it was better voicing his thoughts with Josh and he had been internally working on this aspect of himself. Where as before he wasn't very forth coming with his thoughts and some of his experiences. But since being with Josh, Matthew wanted to work on that pert of himself. To be more open.

Josh smiled as his lips withdrew from Matt's.

He replied to Matthew's comment about being nervous about meeting his parents, "Nervous? No need to be. You're not on the witness stand. Yes. If you were in the courtroom, my mom would have that affect. Over dinner, she'll probably talk about current events or classes we have. You might have an easier time with my dad although he is a scientist. He has a background in Botany and in Biology and I am sure he would find your life on the farm interesting. We just have a plain garden filled with a variety of roses and a single crepe myrtle tree. I don't have a green thumb, but I would like to have a herb garden which I why I got that Maximum Herbage book when semester started."

Josh sat down to wait for Matthew to get dressed and said, "Of course. Wanting to make a good impression make sense. No one wants to look like an ahō, an idiot, around those that they don't know well. So tomorrow. We are going to Vincenzo's. Pick up time is 5pm. After several weeks, I made up my mind just this past weekend. It's somewhat upscale so no jeans or sneakers or tee. At the very least: dress shoes or those that look dressy, khaki pants and polo or button shirt. Other than that, just be yourself. Act the same way around them as you are with me and you'll be fine. You're not meeting the Queen of England."

Last edited:
"I know..." Matthew unconsciously rubbed at the scar on his chest. "I just.. I don't even know. Maybe I'm over thinking." He let his hand fall and rest in his lap. He then looked at Josh when he realized the restaurant he wanted to go to. "Hmm.... I might have something like that. Button up I know I have." He was talking about the clothing. Getting up he walked over to his small closet. "You do know that dressing up for me is a nice pair of jeans, button up, my boots and hat. Right?" He said talking about his cowboy boots and hat. He looked at Josh from his closet. "I mean.." he grinned slightly. "I am a farm boy." He winked before turning to his closet and looking through.

"For you though..." He found a pair of nice dark slacks that would go good with his boot since that's all he had for 'nice' shoes. "I'll wear whatever you want me to." He laid the slacks over his chair. He then moved back over to Josh, though instead of sitting next to him, Matthew just straddled his lap and lightly draped his arms over his boyfriend's shoulders. "Actually lucky I brought some dressy pants. Or else there would be no choice for me but jeans." He said with a slight smile and lightly bumped noses with Josh.

"But, I had been meaning to ask you though. I just wasn't sure how to go about asking. So.." He began and gave a small laugh to cover his nervousness. "Whenever you think it's safe to. I... I want to see you run... as a wolf." He bit his bottom lip lightly in anticipation of Josh's answer.

Do I know that we have different interpretations of dressing up? Josh's face became blank, "Uh?" After a careful pause, "I know you're from the world of farming, but I didn't think about it. Sorry. I should have made up my mind sooner about where I wanted to go. I apologized to my parents for taking so long. They asked and asked where I wanted to go as each day passed. They then asked for a short list if I wasn't sure. They then told me last Sat that it was time and I had to pick a place. So I did and they decided to take a swipe at me, 'Don't you know the meaning of reservations Ryota?" He squeezed the top of his nose and muttered to himself in Japanese. He gave his boyfriend the gist, "I do understand. It's just that the places I wanted to go to all sounded really good." He chuckled, "No fear, I know what I'm getting at Vincenzo's. Here's the menu." He grabbed his phone and sent the link. His face reddened with embarrassment, but it was better to find out now. The names of nearly all the items were in Italian but thankfully, the descriptions were in English. Also of note, there was no entrée that was less than $25.

He smiled back at Matthew, "Luck. Yes. Luck that my folks were able to secure the reservation on such short notice. Luck that you have dress pants." Josh ears perked up when his boyfriend said that he had something to ask, "Whenever it's safe to? Not sure when that would be or even if." A dream of what could be dominated his mind and he spaced out. Another time and another place, a vision. It was a track competition and the competitors were lined up. Their outfits seemed familiar but as they sprinted, they shifted into large wolves. The cheering crowd was full of humans and werewolves with varying lupine features.

Josh snapped back to the now, "Run? I don't know about that, but I could still treat you. Tonight, after dinner. Speaking of which, ready to head down to the cafeteria?"

"Don't worry about. I wasn't taking it serious anyway. And I'll look at the menu over dinner tonight." He said as he heard his phone ping, signaling that Josh had sent the link to it.

He waited for Josh's answer and smiled a bit. Least he was getting half of what he asked for. "Just have to finish getting dressed. Then yeah, I'll be ready." He was still only in his boxers. Getting up from Josh's lap, Matthew walked over to his dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and jeans before pulling them on. On his regular shoes they went and he was ready to go. However, before the door was opened Matthew lightly tugged at Josh's arm to get his attention again. "Also...Mm..." He bit the inside of his cheek as he tried to form the words he wanted to say. "I don't want you to tell me anymore when you... change?" He looked at Josh, "I want you to do what you would normally do at your home. I want to get use to all of you." His face flushed a bit with the next words, "Specially if I'm going to be with you for a while." He only hoped that would be the case and he could be with Josh as long as possible. He really did like Josh... a lot.

"Yup. Take your time." Josh leaned back in his chair and waited. He had considered taking off his shoes as soon as he had come back to the room, but felt that they might leave as soon as he got back so his footwear remained on.

He listened carefully to Matthew and Josh straightened up, "All right then." As they walked down the hallway, he talked about what family life was like. "What I do normally at home depends on my mood. Think of it this way. Do you want milk or juice with your breakfast? Scrambled or over easy eggs or poached? Sometimes I'm dressed like this and other times I'm not or just partly."

Josh draped his arm around Matthew's shoulder, "Yes. We'll be with each other for the rest of the semester and the next at least. I recall reading somewhere in the resident handbook that returning residents can petition the director on who they want to be roommates with for the next year. In our case, be roommates again." He didn't know how feasible it would be but, "Someday, you can visit me or I can visit you. I mentioned that I could help out next summer. I know nothing of farming, but I can carry things. Stuff like that."

The weather was very pleasant and Josh reached out for Matthew's hand so they could walk hand in hand to the cafeteria. Once there, Josh let his boyfriend go first. He then looked at the entrée section. He already had a sandwich for lunch and he didn't feel like a salad. Pizza was out not because he was going to have Italian tomorrow, but because he didn't feel like scarfing a personal pan pizza today. He peers at today's options. He selects the chicken fried steak and with it, a scoop of mashed potatoes. The attendant behind the counter asks him if he wants the cream gravy and Josh replied, "Sure thing. On both." As for the other side, he asks for the green beans. The completed plate is presented and he puts it on his tray. What kind of drink does he want? Let's go with iced tea. Unsweetened just the way I like it.

The cashier scans his card and he waits by the exit for Matthew. Maybe a table in the sun room or maybe a table in that raised area in the corner?

Matthew frowned slightly, "That's not... The point is, I don't want you to tell me when you do change. Just do it whenever you feel like it." He didn't mean being roommates. Is this just a passing thing then? I need to get out of my head. They entered the cafeteria and Matthew looked at the menu as Josh ordered his food. When it was his turn, he ordered his food wanting something light so he went with a Cesar salad and a bottle of water for the drink. He paid for his food and walked over to Josh. "You wanna sit in our usual spot?"

Their usual spot being in the raised area in the corner by a window. Making their way to an open table on the raised area, Matthew sat down after placing his tray down. He was lost in thought again.

We'll be with each other for the rest of the semester and the next at least. I recall reading somewhere in the resident handbook that returning residents can petition the director on who they want to be roommates with for the next year.

It was only moments before that Josh said this, but it rang in his head louder than anything as he took a bite of his food. He had a pensive look on his face. Am I just a stepping stone? He's had a few dates before me so... I don't know. Its it because we're roommates? Is he just being nice? Indulging me until we don't have to be roommates anymore? He knew he needed to voice his thoughts to Josh, but he didn't want to ruin josh's birthday and visit from his boyfriend's parents with his depressing thoughts. Why the hell am I being so sensitive? I'm a man for god's sake.

Josh smiled, "Yup. I like windows." He set the tray down and whispered a prayer. He finished crossing himself and began to eat. Mmm, this chicken fried steak's so awesome and so is the gravy. He contemplated the mashed potatoes, "You can tell much care has gone into this. I like my potatoes to have some skins mixed in. Makes it seem more genuine. Not that there's anything wrong with instant potatoes, mind you. Good seasoning on these green beans." As he munches, he begins to take notice of Matthew's expression. He sets his utensils down with meal half eaten, "Something the matter Matthew? Did something happen today? Is it something I said?" His eyes twitch with concern. "Do you want to talk about it?"

The day's activities and the conversation they had since meeting up again this afternoon is replayed in Josh's mind. "I don't want to do anything wrong to you, but if I have. I'm sorry."

Hearing Josh talk and then saying his name brought Matthew out of his head a bit. Enough to look up in question, Don't ruin it. It's his birthday. Matthew smiled a bit and set his fork down in order to reach over and take Josh's hand. "You didn't do anything wrong. So don't worry about it. Okay?" he said only to lean over the table a bit and swipe his thumb at the corner of his boyfriend's mouth. "Anyone tell you, you're a bit of a messy eater when you are truly enjoying your food?" Yes, you guessed it, Matthew was trying to deflect and make it so Josh wouldn't worry about him. Usually he was good at it, but he didn't know if it was working this time.

He sat back down and took his napkin and wiped his thumb off. "You never did tell me what you were getting at the restaurant for your birthday." He said as he took his fork up again and took another bite of his food. He was trying to make up for making Josh feel bad for something he didn't really do. Josh was just being.. Josh. "I might get the same thing. Making it easier than looking at the menu." He really did just want Josh to enjoy his birthday weekend and not worry about anything that was stirring up in his mind.

Josh quietly replied, "Righto, but if you ever want to talk, I am just a buzz buzz away." He became still as Matthew wiped his mouth, "Thank you and you are right. People have noted my eating habits often. Some years back, one of the guys said I had the eating habits of a shark so they started to call me Jaws." He smirked, "Um, wrong predator." He double winked at his boyfriend and became lost in his memories.

Josh tried to maintain good eating habits, but it was a struggle. He never could figure out if being a messy eater was a personal quirk or a a werewolf quirk because he had no frame of reference. His frequent messiness was one of few wedges in the cherished and frictionless friendship he had with Brett. He recalled one night when he had to stay over. He had eaten with his teammate, Brett's parents, and grandparents who had stopped by on an impromptu visit. As the two young men got ready for bed, he spoke out of annoyance. "Bro, you're my friend to the end, but sometimes you remind me of a pig." Josh was a split second from correcting him and let him know that he was a wolf, not a pig. "I'm trying, it's just that the food was so wonderfully tasty." Brett said, "I know you are, but you need to be more careful. Especially when my grandpapa and grammy come over." Even though they were both 17 years old, Brett still referred to his grandparents by the same names as when he was a little boy.

Josh looked at Matthew and wondered how much or how little he shared his eating habits when he was wolfed out. During the times that his father had taken him camping, Takeo Nakayama would sit by the fire and have his meal while his son discarded his clothes and bounded off to the woods. He would seldomly eat in the woods because he didn't want to be alone. Most of the time, he would bring back a catch to their camp. Father would would see his large wolf of a son who would come into the light of the campfire with a rabbit or other similar prey in his maw. The man treated his son as if they were back home around the table which included carrying on a conversation. Wolf or human form, this was his son who was eating. Occasionally, his son would come up empty which was no problem because they always brought a big piece of raw meat just in case. Not the same quality as live quarry, but suitable.

Josh set the fork down after eating another piece of the chicken friend steak, "I'm thinking of the portobello crab cake. Start with a bed of orzo pasta and place the cap of a portobello mushroom on top. Place a crab cake on top. Next, cover it with a roasted garlic cream sauce and crown it with grilled shrimp and broccolini. Oh! I might get the caprese salad to have before that. Depends on how hungry I am. If you want to share the salad, I'm all ears. If the crab cake doesn't seem interesting, they have the familiars like spaghetti with choice of either marinara sauce or Italian sausage or meatballs. Vincenzo's also has four kinds of lasagna: meat, chicken, shrimp, and vegetable. I've mentioned a lot of items, but I hope I've given you some ideas." A few more bites and he was looking at a clean plate.

Matthew scrunch his nose at a few things Josh said about the food. He was all about the mushroom but not about the shell fish. "Yeah, I'll probably just stick with something classic then. I remember my mom made me try shrimp, crab, lobster, really any and all shell fish. Didn't like it." He continued to eat and soon his plate was empty as well. "I can look at the menu when we get back to the dorm." He said as he stood up to throw his trash away and put the tray and dishes in their proper place for washing.

He then made his way back to Josh, "Ready to go?" He asked and waited for Josh to be ready to go.

Josh exclaimed, "Excellent! When in doubt, stick with the tried and true." He pulls out his cell and sends himself an email notating Matthew's food preferences. He looks up, "Don't mind me. I'm just jotting down that you don't care much for Mr. Shrimp and friends. I still intend to make you something someday so if you have any dietary needs, let me know. I don't want to brag, but I know how to make lots of things. Japanese foods I can do really like okonomiyaki. I prefer Hiroshima style which ticked off Daisuke. He has the notion that just because I'm from the Kansai region, through my dad, I should be loyal to the regional cuisine."

Josh walked after Matthew to return his own tray, "Yup, you can get started with the menu when we get back to the room. We have until tomorrow and I don't think we have anything planned for tomorrow except for dinner. Just so you know, I would like to sleep in."

The evening was relaxingly cool as they made their way back. As soon as Josh opened the door and closed it behind them, he pulled off his shirt and replaced it with a tank. While exchanging his tops, his ears became those of a wolf as if he was wearing some kind of cap. Everything else about him remained human for now.

Josh pulls his socks and shoes off his feet and falls back into his bed, "Ah. That's more like it." He wiggles his toes.

When Josh changed his ears, Matthew stared, he was a bit startled at first but didn't show it. He knew Josh was just doing as he said and not tell him. Matthew wanted it that way, he wanted to be use to Josh changing his form and parts of his body as he normally would. He didn't want Josh to hide himself. Pulling his phone out, "I'll be sure to be quiet then." he said as he looked at the menu Josh sent him, he almost choked on his own saliva at the prices. Goddamn, almost nothing is under 25$. Is this what he's use to? Now it was tempting to just share the salad Josh was going to get, but he wasn't going to do that. He could afford just one thing and just have water, but after getting Josh his gifts and add on the dinner, plus the dinner they just had at the cafeteria, he wasn't going to be able to afford much, if anything, until his next allowance comes in.

But he didn't regret it, he just hoped Josh liked his gifts. And if Josh was wanting to sleep in, he could easily get up early in the morning and just get them on his desk as if they've been there the whole time. Of course he knew that Josh would know the items would be new since the other notices almost everything.

Putting his phone down, Matthew looked over at Josh, his eyes scanning his body. It had been a while since they touched each other but he didn't want to seem needy. What he was really craving was for the next step, but he would never voice it or else he'd feel like he would be pushing and pressuring Josh. He knew he was ready... but was Josh? He could just feel his body beginning to react to his own thoughts and images flashing across his mind. This was the kick he needed to get up, "I'm just gonna hop in the shower." He walked to the bathroom and closed the door, not even really noticing that it didn't fully latch as he turned the shower on and removed his clothes before stepping in. He tried to be as quiet as possible, biting his lip to stifle any noise that may come out louder than it should. Images flashing in his mind as his body seemed to take a mind of it's own, and Matthew let it happen. He imagined his own hands were Josh's. If only.

Josh was reading a magazine that he had picked up a couple days ago. He would have liked to have brought some of his books here for leisure reading, but had decided against it. He saw the space he needed to transport his stuff and his other belongings had higher priority. Also, he was afraid to leave one of his books behind. As a result, he stuck with magazines he bought at the convenience store or at the grocery store. Alternatively, he would get books borrowed from the library. His current magazine was about Egypt and he was so absorbed until he heard his boyfriend make an odd noise. He drops the magazine and his ears perked up, swiveling in Matthew's direction.

His eyes lock onto Matthew's gaze. He's checking out this athletic bod. Isn't he? If he was someone else, Josh would probably be taking off his tank and caress his pecs and abs to entice. Rather, he just smiled and followed the journey of his boyfriend's eyes. He looked up as Matthew passed him by, "A shower? Okay."

Alone, Josh set the magazine on his desk. He placed his arms behind his head and looked at the ceiling to reflect. He thought about the next stage with Matthew because he had never been intimate with anyone except those that dwelled in his dreams. He enjoyed the hugging and the kissing but wondered if he was ready for more. What about Matthew? What is he comfortable with? He didn't want to do something that they would both regret. Maybe a little something different? He ran his hand against the mattress he was on. It'd be a bit cramped since it's a twin bed. A vision of the two of them sleeping in the bed with sheet and blanket over them, arm draped across Matthew's body. There's always tomorrow night. That would be better right? A way to close out a special evening?

After his little longer than normal shower, Matthew was out with just a towel around his waist. He had once again forgot to grab anything to change into, or even just a pair of boxers, only this time Josh was actually in the room with him. But the blonde didn't really think twice on it as it's happened before. And just like before Matthew walked over to to his dresser and pulled out a pair of boxers slipping them on under the towel before towel fell off with the extra movement. A few droplets on water still clung to him from his hair and glided down his back.

He wasn't muscular like Josh and other football players, but he wasn't scrawny either. He was fit and had define muscles from his years of growing up and working on the farm his family lived on. He even had a few faint scars from various of thinks, but those blended in and weren't as noticeable as the one on his chest from his previous psychotic boyfriend who is thankfully still in prison.

Looking over at Josh, he could tell the other was deep in thought, or looked like it. Matthew walked over to his boyfriend and practically draped himself over Josh, laying on top of him lengthwise. One leg sliding in between the other's and his other leg on the outside of the one closest to the wall. He then kissed whatever part of Josh's chest that was exposed from his tank before resting the top half of his body on the werewolf with his head on his hands so that he wouldn't get Josh's tank wet with his still damp hair. "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked looking up at Josh's face, his eyes scanned over Josh's head or what he could see from that angle he was at, it surprised him that he didn't freak out when Josh changed a bit but then again it didn't surprise him. "Or are you thinking about your birthday dinner and your parents coming tomorrow?"

Josh welcomed Matthew to his bed and reveled in the kisses. He briefly considered removing his tank, but he wanted to talk. He took an index finger and traced the outline of Matthew's left ear, "Yea. Thinking of tomorrow."

Josh sat up in the bed and pulled Matthew up along with him, draping his arm around Matthew's shoulder. "First, if you are thinking that your gonna have to pay your way tomorrow. Buzz! Not going to happen. My parents are treating us both. You can order as much as you want. Within reason though. Don't want to stuff yourself silly. Not a good way to celebrate."

Josh sighed, "So my parents. I'm not sure what I've said about my family life. My mom's schedule is hectic. Such is life being an Assistant District Attorney. Many evenings it was just me and Dad. He's not much of a cook so the deal is I make the meals and he washes dishes. If we don't eat in, we go out. Vincenzo's is higher than we normally have. $10 more or less more."

Feeling a little wistful, Josh held his boyfriend against him. He looked into Matthew's eyes, "It's the first birthday I've had away from home. Away from family and friends. I am so happy that you will be with me." He gently rocks Matthew's body.

Matthew smiled and turned his head taking Josh's finger into his mouth, or he would have done so but he stayed put and instead just moved with his boyfriend and sat up. He couldn't help but chuckle, "I wasn't thinking that.... much." It's like he can read me. "The prices are a bit intimidating to a college student." he said as he shifted a bit to get more comfortable for the both of them but stayed close to Josh. "I get it though. You only get one birthday a year, so why not do something special?"

The blonde smiled as he was held against his boyfriend and chuckled, "I'm glad I get to spend your day with you." He didn't mind the rocking, not one bit. He looked at Josh and leaned his head in just enough to press his lips against the others in a soft kiss. "I just hope I get to be the first one to say happy birthday to you." He said before giving his boyfriend another kiss. "And... I hope you like what I got you too.."

Josh replied, "Intimidating to some students. Yes. I like food a lot. Why else call me Jaws, but it's not a place I would go to under normal circumstances. Even if the food is out of this world. Quality of food over price tag. Sometimes, price doesn't automatically equate to quality. I've had decent meals in some places that look like hole in the wall joints. Take a place back home called Mueller's Café for example. It's an unassuming place tucked in the corner of a strip center. It's a very...what's that word? Kitschy? Things like dogs playing poker and other random curios plastered on the walls. At the entrance, there is a plaster statue. Think the sea captain from those boxes of fish sticks. However, there's a twist. He's holding no fishing rod or other thing like that. He's holding an ice cream cone. We met my uncle and his family there once last year. As soon as my cousin Eiji saw it, he freaked out. He was two years old at the time so it was understandable. He hid his face from the captain the entire time we waited for a table." He blinked and said, "Sorry if I was rambling. Again." He pecked Matthew's cheek.

Josh smiled and said, "and I am glad to send the day with you." He took the kiss wholeheartedly. "You bet. You will be the first to say Happy Birthday. Then you can tell me Happy Birthday all over again this coming Tuesday." His ears stood attentively and homed in on Matthew, "You got me something?" How he wanted to see what Matthew had found. He didn't have to do this for me. His company is enough for me, but I will accept whatever he has. "Don't show it to me just yet. I want to wait until tomorrow to open what you have. Is that all right with you?"

Last edited:
Matthew smiled and shook his head lightly, "I don't mind the rambling." He really didn't mind the rambling, it just gave him more of who Josh was. He was very family oriented, loves his culture, football, food, just to name a few things.

He gently pushed Josh back so that he was laying down once more and kissed his lips again. "You weren't going to get your present until tomorrow anyway." He then scooted down just enough to lay his head on his boyfriend's chest. "But I do hope you like it." He tilted his head up to look at Josh. "And if by any chance you don't, I still have the receipt if you want to return or exchange. I don't mind." he said, only to settle back down and sigh as he wrapped an around around his boyfriend.

"One of these days you'll get to meet my parents. Though it'll most likely be us going to them. They don't really like travelling very much." Matthew breathed out a chuckle. ".'We're too much country to be travelling into the city'." He let his country accent slip through for the full effect. "They would always say that. Rather my dad would say that and then tell who ever is wanting them to visit that they have a pair of legs and can come visit them if they really want to see them. Anytime my dad is away from the farm he's always thinking about it and whoever he left in charge. Even if it was me and my brother. Did we muck out the stables, feed the horses, moved the cattle to another pasture... things like that. But it's fun... living on a farm. You do the same thing every day, but at the same time it's different."

He closed his eyes enjoying the time spent with his boyfriend and before he knew it he actually fell asleep on top of Josh.

Josh breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good. At my house, it was a rule that Christmas presents are for Christmas Day. Not Eve. On a related note, My parents and I are Catholic." His voice took on a reflective tone, "My mother's parents converted after the war. There was a charity that helped them get back on their feet after being released from the Camps. They got to know many of the people with the charity really well and got curious about their faith. They started attending church and the rest followed. Once my dad started to court my mom, the same happened once he knew he found the one." The return of a chuckle, "Very interesting wedding from what I can tell from the photos. Catholic ceremony, but my parents wore traditional Shinto wedding attire. When my Uncle got married, even more of a mixture of marriage customs since my Aunt Carmen is Hispanic."

"Return or exchange?" Josh blinked, "I'm very certain that would not happen. If it's art supplies or cooking related stuff, great. If clothing, you've seen the sizes of my tops and bottoms and you've seen general style to make a good guess as to what I would wear. The only thing I would consider returning or exchanging would be underwear. I tried boxers once and I didn't much care for them. Briefs for me all the way because I like feeling snug there. Swimwear's the same way. You've seen me a few times in my cobalt blue swim briefs when I go to the school's pool with Caleb Cosgrove to help him train. I know the looks they get, but I like wearing them. Anyhow, speaking of undies." His eyes had caught the clock which showed that it was about time to go to bed so he reaches down and pulls off his pants. He bunches them up and tosses them onto his chair. Tank top soon follows.

A quizzically worried look comes across Josh's face, "Yes, I'm bound to meet your parents and the rest of your family one day. Do you think they will like me? I don't want to seem stupid or arrogant." He didn't want to offend anyone, least of all his boyfriend's family.

He looked down and is seemed to Josh that Matthew was getting drowsy so Josh turned his lamp off, "That's kinda how my life is. Wake up, shower, put discarded underwear in the bin. After school, put my used unform shirts and pants in the bin. Monday evening, take the garbage can to the curb for next day pick up. Saturday...morning...groceries."

After draping his bed sheet over their bodies, Josh snuggles against Matthew and drapes an arm over him. He closes his eyes and joins his boyfriend in slumber.

Last edited:
The following morning Matthew rolled over in his sleep, or he would have if there wasn't anything preventing him. He scrunched his eyes before slowly opening them, "Hm..?" He was met with the clothed chest of Joshua. Tilting his head up, he couldn't help but smile slightly at the sleeping face of Joshua. He had only woken up with Joshua twice now, the first time... he didn't like thinking about the reasoning why, but he was starting to like waking up with Josh like this. Even if it was only the second time.

He laid there for a few minutes just watching Joshua sleep before he got restless and needed to get up. The trick, was trying not to wake Josh since he knew his boyfriend wanted to sleep in. Carefully he sat up without jostling Josh too much and slowly climbed over his boyfriend. He smiled in triumph at not waking Josh. But then again, he still wasn't too sure if Josh was just good at faking sleep or if he really was, he remembered there was one time he was probably a bit too loud but it didn't even phase Josh.

Getting dressed, he decided on a pair of jeans and a regular t-shirt before he crouched down and pulled out Joshua's presents. Looking back he made sure Josh still at least had his eyes clothed before he stood up and then placed the sketchbook, set of markers, and the graphic shirt he got for Josh on his boyfriend's desk. The graphic shirt was just something silly that he hoped Josh will like. The shirt just had a saying on it 'I'm with him.' and an arrow pointing to the side. The markers were Ohuhu markers, much like he had himself and bought him the whole set which wasn't cheap. He was saving up for various of things but decided to spend the money for Joshua's gifts.

The blonde then moved over to his own bed and sat down after grabbing his own sketchbook and began sketching a sleeping Josh. I wonder how long it'll take him to notice his gifts on his desk..

All Josh felt was movement. He repositioned his body, not wanting to get up just yet. He still had his wolf ears which twitched slightly as he heard Matthew move about. Half-asleep, he realized that his boyfriend was up to something as he heard the shuffling nearby. My desk?

Josh yawned and pushed down his sheets to his waist and cuddled against his pillow. After more time, a voice told him it was time to wake. Eyes opening, he yawned once more and stretched his arms out. He rubbed his firm arms and chest. He looks to the right and sees all the goodies. "For me?"

He goes through them. Josh chuckled in fits when he saw the shirt and then he he fell silent when he saw the art supplies. He opened his mouth to say something because he knew these cost a pretty penny. He was starting to feel guilty. Brett's voice emanated from within his thoughts. Just roll with it dude.

Josh went over to Matthew and placed his arms around him. A quivering voice of joy, "Thank you. Thank you." He lowers his head and places his lips on his boyfriend's forehead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back