• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pioneering Roommates

When the dorm staff member came in, Matthew was glad for something else to stare at other than the washers and dryers. He watched the women go to the bulletin and take off the old flyers replacing them with new ones. He blinked at the wink vaguely wondering what it was for but didn't well on it as he nodded his head in farewell. His eyes stayed on the women until she was out of sight, Matthew was bored once again having only the washers and dryers to stare at with the occasional glance to Josh.

His eyes followed Josh as the other got up and walked to the board, "I thought you liked your hair?" He questioned. He didn't say anything against donating it since it was for a good cause.

Sometime passed and the first load was done. Matthew got up and switched the clothes from washer to dryer. He then put another load of their laundry into the washer. And the waiting began anew. Walking back over to the bench and sat down with a slight groan. "Laundry is the worse. Nothing to do but sit and wait." he said as he looked back over to Josh. Of course I could think of a few things but I don't think he'd be up to it anyway. He really wanted to kiss the other, but at the same time he wanted to question him about the werewolf thing. Though he had a feeling that would be something for a more private setting to discuss things like that. Which I'm still wrapping my head around and freaking out a bit, but not much else I can do but try and act as normal as possible.

They had talked so much since they first met each other, he wasn't sure what else there was to talk about. He felt a bit bad for only talking minimally about himself and his family, where if felt like he knew Josh's family. He mentioned them but not much details, he mentioned his ex with he was asked about his scar. Great... now I'm thinking about that.. Matthew brought a hand up and rubbed his chest slightly over the scar as if it bothered him. He would get random phantom pains every now and then, but they were few and far between like the random thoughts about Jason.

Of course now he couldn't help but think about him, comparing Josh to Jason and just how different they were so far. When Jason and Matthew had first gotten together, Jason wouldn't leave Matthew alone, always having to touch him in someway. Holding hands, hand on the back of his neck or under his shirt. Always skin contact, of course he would later find out that it wasn't normal and that Jason was making sure that no one else looked at him and was always staking his claim on him. It wouldn't have been until later that Matthew would realize that that wasn't really normal in the ways Jason would go about things. Pressuring him, slowly manipulating him and changing him to fit Jason's little mold.

Josh on the other hand, He's never had a boyfriend... that he's told me so far. Though I still sometimes question this Brett guy he keeps mentioning. I know they're friend but... Matthew stopped himself right there not allowing himself to finish the thought. It would do him no good in over thinking about things that were probably not even there. Sighing once more, Matthew crossed his arms and closed his eyes as he leaned his head back against the wall behind him.

I hate laundry.

Josh turned to Matt and said, “I do like my shoulder length hair and I like how it lays out like this, especially when I’m in bed. I guess it’s the socially aware aspect of my upbringing at work. Me and my parents have volunteered at the convention center each Thanksgiving for the past few years to help feed the disadvantaged.

Josh shrugged, “Could be worse. We could have a wooden washer bucket and a washboard with a clothesline to dry our stuff. We had a couple of metal poles out in our backyard that were parallel with each other. The previous owner had a clothesline. I barely remember the poles since we took them down when I was very young.”

He noticed Matt feeling his chest and he asked softly, “Are you okay or something on your mind?”

Looking at Josh, Matthew almost immediately stopped rubbing at his chest. He blushed, almost self conscious of what the other would think of him for thinking about Jason and comparing the two. "I'm fine." he said as he waved it off as nothing. "I just don't like sitting for too long with nothing to do. To keep my mind occupied, you know?" He gave a small smile.

"My mind tends to wonder on it's own." He said as he leaned forward only to stand up and stretch. "Laundry just takes so long." He looked back over to Josh his eyes scanning his hair.

"It'll take some getting use to, to seeing you with shorter hair if you do that." He said nodding his head towards the charity poster.

"I understand what you mean. If I had my dumbbells with me, then we could do some reps while we wait, but I didn't bring them. I have a number of abilities, but being telekinetic is not one of them. There's not even a TV in here. If there was, I could turn it on and see if any of my buddies are playing."

The waiting was a bummer. Josh did his best to see the bright side, "It's like baking. Once you put that loaf of banana bread in, all you can do is wait. It's worth it though."

One load done and on to the next, "I've not had short hair in five years. This time, next week, I'll be sheered." He pulls up his pics on his phone and within Matthew's view, "Just picture me like this." Here is one of Uncle Kunio when he was in the Marines before he returned to civilian life and entered the police academy. A much older, monochrome, picture before either was born. It is of his Grandpa Kentaro, known also as Kent, in a World War 2 uniform. Both older men from younger eras have close cropped hair but Kent's hair is swept upward towards the front like a duck's tail. He swipes his finger between the recent past of his uncle and the far past of his grandpa. "I think this is for me." Josh picks his grandpa's picture. He pinches his fingers to zoom out as best as he can. "What do you think?"

A couple hours later, they have returned to the room with refreshed laundry to being the concluding rite: putting clothes away and stacking the towels. "I'll go tomorrow afternoon after my last class of the day. Would you wait on me for dinner?"

Last edited:
Matthew looked at the pictures, his eyes flicking back and forth between the picture and Josh, trying to picture the cut on the other. “Hard to say.” He said after a while. “I think I’d have to see it first to judge.” He said with a joking tone in his voice.

Once they were done with laundry. Matthew carried the basket with the clean clothes up to their dorm. His mind occupied still trying to picture Josh with shorter hair. It was still hard to picture and he was still a bit sad. Not because the other wanted to donate his hair, but because he wouldn’t get the chance to run his fingers through Josh’s hair.

It was still a bit weird and new for him to be in a relationship with his roommate, so he still didn’t really know how to act even being the.. most experienced in the relationship department. Heh... yeah right. If you consider more experienced in trying to have your obsessive boyfriend kill you..

Matthew sighed softly as he put his clothes away, he kept having to tell himself that this is how new relationships worked. They didn’t just start out making-out for most of the day and then just fall into bed together. No, normal relationships took time to build up to things like that, maybe the stray kiss here or there. Or even holding hands and cuddling but nothing really every beyond that until both partners are ready. Never one pushing the other to do things.

He looked over to Josh when he started talking again. “Yeah, I can wait.” He’s doing it tomorrow. “I have a few things to do anyway before going to dinner. I can meet you here before we go.” He said as he put the last of his clothes away and his towels.

Josh ran his fingers through his hair as soon as he out the basket of clean products down, "It'll be awhile before its actually something I can style. My human hair is just that. Human. So it grows at a normal pace. It might appear that I have naturally occurring miracle gro on my follicles because I can grow fur without much thinking, but the human hair I have doesn't follow the same rule. When I shift and my fur comes out, the human hair on my body changes texture as its integrated into my fur."

With all his clothes stored away, Josh looks at the time and counts the fingers on his hand. "Still got quite a few hours before dinner time. I ought to go hit the gym since I've not gone since Thursday. I could just stay here and use my dumbbells though. I brought them to use in a pinch like if it's a monsoon out there. Something like that. Otherwise, gym time." He talks to himself. "I'll do it. I'll go to the campus gym this time so I won't be gone too long, no more than an hour. I'll come back for a quick shower and then we can go out to eat before coming back to the room to enjoy the evening. Are you going anywhere while I'm away?"

He pulls off his shirt to exchange it for a tank. He then goes to the bathroom to put on the rest of his gym apparel. He goes to his desk and ties his hair, "Don't touch that dial, I'll be back." Josh smiles and scoots out the door.

Last edited:
Matthew watched Josh get ready for the gym. So maybe anything human with him stays just that minus him turning into a wolf? He still found it weird and... out of this world. Though, then again other than the one time Josh turned, Matthew hadn't really truly processed it all. He just took everything in stride, it has helped that Josh hasn't acted any different than himself. "I'm not going anywhere." He said, it was a double meaning. He didn't know if Josh was worried about it or not, but he really wasn't going to go anywhere and he would keep his secret safe. He would die before he ever let it out. That's how much he's come to care for the other whether Josh knew it or not.

"See you soon." He said as Josh left their dorm. Matthew sighed as he flopped back on his bed and put his hands before his head. He now had a bit of time to himself. Though as he tried to think of the recent events everything became muddled and jumbled in his head. He continued to lay there for about another ten minutes before getting frustrated. getting up, Matthew took advantage of Josh not being there and stripped himself of his clothes, putting them in the newly emptied hamper. He grabbed a pair of boxers before going into the bathroom and turning on the shower.

He groaned softly at the warm water hitting his skin and loosening his muscles. He stood there for a moment, hands on the wall as he bent his head forward and down letting the water run down his back. He let out a sigh and opened his eyes from having to close them when he first stepped under the water. Human... wolf... both. He knew it was still Josh, the other said and showed as much. Josh was still his quirky self at least that's what Matthew thought. There was just something that if you needed to clear your mind that taking a nice warm shower always helped. Like a reset button on your brain. Matthew then went about washing his body, taking his loofa and squirting some of his body wash on it. The scent was just something his mother sent with him, and he never needed to use very much so he was set for a while. Rosemary and Mint. He liked to scent of it, the minty part anyway. He also had the same shampoo and conditioner.

Still the same Joshua. That's all the matters, nothing else. He's still the same... so just treat him the same. He would like that. And he said if any questions should op up he would answer the best he could. Is he really the only one? There's no way. There has to be others out there. Maybe even... other creatures? He didn't know why, but he felt guilty using that word. He's still Joshua.

Selby Hall wasn’t too far from the campus gym which was located in the Kahill Activity and Athletic Center, just catacorner.

Josh entered. There were only a few people here and several were familiar faces from the dorm. He stood near the entryway while he thought about which areas of his body he wanted to target for today’s condensed session in addition to running on the treadmill. I think pecs and abs today. He raised his wrist and tapped on it so he could time himself. He headed to the treadmill and increased the speed of the conveyor belt after a few moments at a low speed to get going. The young man was chugging like a train. Maybe one of these days, I ought to run a marathon one day. Maybe.

After roughly 30 minutes of treadmill action, he began hitting the machines. He selected his weights and got to work. He wished he had someone with him here. He missed the guys. He hadn’t seen them since graduation and hadn’t seen Brett since a couple weeks before moving off to Magin University. They had chatted quite a bit since the start of semester and he appeared to be thrilled that his best buddy Josh had found his roommate to be a great guy. “I’d love to meet him one day. Matt sounds like a great guy for you.”

Lance Leitner had offered to be his gym buddy here, but they hadn't seen each other since that one day two weeks prior. “Don’t sweat it about sweating. We’ll sync up eventually. Sutter is such a small town anyway so maybe we’ll run into each other at one of the restaurants in the area or at our bakery. Are you a club guy? Sutter is just big enough to have its own gay club. It’s called Wishes which is on Ashmore Street. No? Not a club guy? Well if you're ever interested, best nights to go are Friday and Saturday. No cover. Plus, those are the only nights for those 18 and over."

Beep beep. Beep Beep. Let me just finish this set. 3, 2, 1. The weights lower and his breathing slows. Josh stands up and wipes the machine’s seat. He checks to make sure he has everything and heads back to the dorm. As he approaches his room, the smell of rosemary and mint flow into his nostrils. He opens the door and hears that shower running. He closes the door behind him and stands in front of the door, “Ring ring ring. I’m back.” With gusto, “What’s that I smell?” More gusto, “Could it be rosemary and mint? I love mint, especially mint chocolate chip ice cream.”

He wants to recline to wait for the bathroom to become available but he doesn’t want to fowl the bed with a sweaty back, so Josh sits upon the floor and throws the tank in the his laundry basket.

Last edited:
Did he really take that long in the shower? Matthew had jumped slightly when he heard Joshua's voice, he gasped saying curse words but no sound was made other than a small grunt that was covered by the sound of the shower still running. His whole body relaxed as he moved his hands away from himself and placed them back on the shower wall. Somehow he had started thinking about some of the explicit pictures that Josh draw and had showed him, then the image of Josh's muscular arms being wrapped around him. He couldn't help himself, hell, any gay guy wouldn't be able to help themselves if they had a roommate like Josh. Fun, caring, funny, genuine, an over all really nice guy.

Matthew quickly rinsed himself off and turned the shower off before stepping out. He dried his body before slipping on his boxers. It was then that he mentally cursed when he realized he didn't have any of his clothes there as well. Of course he had thought he would be done with the shower and dressed by the time Josh would come back. Sighing, Matthew quickly brushed his teeth as he heard the other talking some more. He could help but snort a laugh. Rinsing his mouth out, Matthew then came out of the bathroom using his towel to dry his hair some more. He hadn't quite noticed Josh was with out a shirt as he talked. "You make it sound like you want to put me in ice cream."

The moment he said that, he blushed, he hadn't meant to flirt with the other, but it just came out effortlessly. He wasn't even thinking when he said it. Isn't that how relationships suppose to be? Being able to flirt freely and... oh my god! If it was possible, Matthews face turned even more red as he pulled his towel down to look at Josh only to pause when he saw a hot and sweaty Josh on the floor. He thanked God that he took care of his pent up frustrations --If that's what he could even call what he was feeling at the time-- in the shower prior to having seen Josh or else he'd be hard right now. "Uh... sh-shower's free.." Could you sound any more lame!

Sitting Josh had his legs spread out and he looks at the approaching Matthew, “Sounds wonderful. That’d be one big cone though.” He crawls to the desk to grab his phone. He pulls up his voice memo app and speaks into it, “New pic idea. Two scoop sundae with faces: Matt and self. Mint Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Spice.” He smiles at his roommate, “Oh, and all the fixings.” He rises from the ground and declares, “Talk about a tummy ache. All that ice cream? So worth it though." Not really aware of himself because he is caught in fancy’s clutches, he licks his lips.

The awareness finally hits and Josh blushes. Before things go any further, he snatches a clean tee from his closet and holds it strategically in front of him, but it is a silly tactic since the tee’s purpose is obvious. He scoots over to grab briefs and cargo shorts. In an awkward tone, "Thanks a bunch.” He races into the bathroom and locks it. That was close.

The shower turns on and he steps inside. He is more of a soap bar guy because he felt that he’d use more product than needed if it was body wash. He picks up his pumpkin spice and the round soap bar travels all over himself. Soap done and now the shampoo. As he lathers his soon to be sheared hairdo, he starts to sing My Girl by the Temptations, but the words that come out are in Japanese and every use of the phrase “my girl” is replaced by “my guy”. Hair rinsed off and another soak before he turns the faucets off.

Josh climbs out and towels himself off. Underwear slung on and up come the tan shorts and lime green tee. Click. The door unlocks and he steps out with a spring in his step as he approaches his desk. He pulls at his hair to draw it up and ties it with a band.

“Are you hungry now? We can go if you are ready. Oh! My wheels or yours?”

Last edited:
Matthew blushed as he listened to the other make a voice memo, "Y-yeah... tummy ache.." He was painfully aware of when Josh suddenly left to take a shower. While the other was cleaning himself off from his gym workout, Matthew grabbed some clothes, choosing a pair of jeans and a plaid button up with his boots. He had just finished rolling up his sleeves when Josh came back out. Looking at his roommate, Matthew nodded his head slightly, "Yeah, if you are?" he said before he grabbed his wallet, keys and phone. He could still hear his mom's voice in the back of his head when she talked with his father that was leaving for the day.

"Phone, Keys, Wallet?"

"Yes, dear."

"Kiss?"

Matthew smiled slightly at the memory. His father would always give his mom a kiss before he left and always gave her a kiss when he came home. "Hm?" He almost missed Josh's question. "Oh, uh... well." he said as he leaned against the door facing Josh. "We can take yours. I think we took mine last time. That.. and I don't know how to get there." He said as he waited for the other to finish getting ready. "Ready to go?" It wasn't long after the question that they were climbing into Josh's truck and on their way to the burger place. For some reason, Matthew couldn't help but be a bit nervous. Why? He didn't know. Maybe because he had never really been on a proper date? Was this even considered a date? He didn't know.

“Tundra it is.” Josh places his arm around Matt’s shoulder to guide him out the door. They headed to the parking lot w here the truck glistened in the afternoon sun.

The two-year old Toyota truck used to be Uncle Kunio Ishida’s until just a few months ago when it was transferred to Josh as a graduation gift. He loved the truck and did everything he could to take care of it. While he could have gone to a car wash and have machines give it a bath, he chose to spend his hours during a Saturday or Sunday to do the task himself.

Behold Josh Nakayama under his home's carport. He is wearing sandals and shorts with chest bare and unfurled hair. J-Rock music blares from his phone as he spends a few hours washing and rinsing and waxing. Here, he didn’t have that opportunity and had to take it to the carwash.

The Burger Dome is just a couple blocks away from the grocery store. The eatery is more patio than indoor seating. The indoor seating has tables and bar stools while the patio has picnic style benches. As they make their way up the steps up the patio on their way to the register inside, they pass by Lance Leitner who is sharing a meal with a Hispanic male of about the same age, mid 20s. The baker's son and his companion stop eating to give them a quick wave hello before turning back to each other to resume eating.

Josh tells Matt at the register, “Go ahead cuddlebud. You first.” After his roommate’s order, it is his turn, “I’d like a Greek, medium, and an order of onion rings, and a large root beer.” The charges are rung up and Josh hands over his card before Matt could act, “I got this.”

The card and receipt are handed over. Josh takes them and stuffs them in his wallet. With a cup full of soda in one hand, “So? What table looks good to you?” After the table is found, they sit down and await their orders.

Last edited:
Matthew smiled a bit at the arm around his shoulders. Should I put my arm around him too? He didn't have to think on it for long as they were in the truck and on their way to the restaurant. They made small talk and it helped Matthew relax. Once they arrived at the restaurant, Matthew got out and followed Josh. The place looked nice and cozy, very comfortable. He saw Lance and was almost jealous. He was a good looking guy, so why would Josh got for a guy like him when there was a guy like Lance. Stop. Don't ruin it.

Matthew blushed, Cuddlebud? He had never been called anything like that before. He had only been called derogatory names from his ex, of course his ex was psychotic and in jail. Looking at the menu, "I'll have the spicy cowboy with steak fries and a large sweet tea." He then waited for Josh to order and before he could even think of getting his wallet out to pay for his meal, Josh is already giving the cashier his card. Matthew looked at Josh a bit shocked, he took his drink and then looked around at the tables before deciding to sit out on the patio. Sliding onto the bench like seat, Matthew looked at the drink in his hands. "I could have paid... y-you didn't have pay for me." he stuttered a bit not use to having anyone pay for anything of his.

After a moment of trying to find something to talk about, Matthew decided to go with something easy like, "So how are your classes going?" Oh god, way to sound like an idiot. Can you say anything right Matt?

Josh puts down the cup down and withdrew his mouth from the straw, “Think nothing of it. I wanted to do something special for our first outing together as a couple. I’m not one of those guys who is going to tell a date that they must reciprocate, so don't feel you must do something special for me in return. In a way you have. You've seen me and didn't slam the door in my face."

Josh looked at the cars passing by. A quiet Sunday afternoon. An enjoyable afternoon. His nose was on alert for their orders. With a name like Spicy Cowboy and its ingredients, that shouldn't be too difficult to miss. "Classes are doing okay. Wish I could ditch math though. It's easily my worst subject. Mostly Bs and a few Cs. It's core curriculum so it's a no go. I can't tell you how many times people came to me during middle and high school wanting math help. I am good enough to maintain eligibility and to avoid remedial classes and to meet perquisites, but I can't perform miracles like reciting pi to the tenth digit or things like that. The only type of pie I do well with is the type you can eat. What else? I finally got the opportunity to sign up and attend the weekly meeting of the Asian Student Association last Wednesday. I'm the only one there of Japanese descent from what I can tell. Nice people, but I couldn't shake the feeling that a couple of students were trying to come on to me. It's quite telling when there are a whole bunch of seats available and were selecting seats close to me." He would have continued to talk but he said, "Food's coming." There was no apparent server approaching. Several seconds later, a sever appeared out of the double doors with two trays who comes forward and presents them their burgers and sides. "One Geek with onion rings and a Spicy Cowboy with steak fries. Enjoy."

Josh look at the sever and says, "Thank you. These look and smell delish." After the server leaves them, he unfolds his napkin and crosses himself to offer a prayer of thanks. "Dig in." He bites into the lamb based burger and shudders in delight, "Ooh. That's good lamb and tzatziki sauce." His lips feel funny and he takes his napkin to them. He looks up into the eyes of Matthew and chuckles lightly.

Last edited:
"Hm.. Just not use to it, I guess." He said as he looked down at his drink before taking a sip out of the straw. He then listened to Josh about his classes and then the club. He wasn't sure how he felt about Josh thinking other people were coming onto him. But he also couldn't blame others for coming onto the jock, he was hot and an over all great guy.

"Can't really say I'm surprised if people try to come onto you. You're hot." Matthew blushed, "And.. you're a great guy, nice, funny, easy to talk to and get along with. I'm still kind of wondering.. why me?" He said with honesty in his voice. "Also... 3.1415926535..." He said as his felt his face heat up more. Okay so he was a bit of a math and art nerd. Math just came easy to him. Probably why he was in Trigonometry. English and Science were his worst subjects.

When the food came, Matthew was happy for the split second distraction. He smiled at the waiter and said a small, "Thank you." as well before taking his burger and taking a bite. He couldn't help but groan softly at the taste. It was probably one of the best burger's he's tasted. It was spicy, but not enough to burn the tongue or mouth. Finishing his bite he noticed Josh looking at him, "What? It's really good." He obviously never noticed the bit of the spicy sauce that was left on the corner of his mouth after he took the bite of his food.

Josh smiled mischievously, “Hot?” He ran a hand across his arm, “That’s putting it mildly, but I didn’t wake up a hunk. It took years of hard work and eating right. I understood the menu well enough. Heh, maybe I ought to become a nutritionist? The workout routine was another thing and one that I came into by chance. Thank Mr. McPherson for that. Brett's dad is big on physical fitness and athleticism. He wasn't keen on us lounging around for hours on end playing video games. He developed a regimen for his son and I was included whenever I was over or stayed over because my parents told me to abide by the rules of the McPherson household, the reasonable rules naturally. That is once my parents were comfortable with letting me go over andI wouldn't have an accident. My parents aren't big on weight training because they are into stuff like yoga, Pilates, and jogging. I do have to wonder, playing advocatus diaboli here, was this physique earned through working out or naturally given as I matured because of my genes? Maybe both? That's one of those 'I don't know because I've not met another" type deals."

Josh blushed as Matt recited his qualities, "I'd like to think I'm easy to talk with. Once the guys were comfortable that I wouldn't go stealing their girls and that I wasn't going to come on to them either, they opened up and would ask me to be a sounding board. I suppose its because how I was raised. Mom's an attorney so she has to consider many options. Each one has pros and cons. Plus, she was on her high school's debate team way back. I thought about joining when I was in high school, but I've had a thing with stage fright. Does that seem odd for one who played football?"

Josh looks into Matthew's eyes, "Wondering why you?" His eyes became somber. "First, you matter. This guy you've told me about? The one who hurt you? Worse than a psycho. He lacked honor. Anyone who devalue another's worth like that is without honor." He knew he was starting to become agitated and pulled himself back, "Sorry. I just feel so disgusted. Bullies disgust me." He reached out and gave Matthew's hand a brief gentle stroke, "You matter. Never forget."

To give himself other stuff to talk about, "We both enjoy drawing. Also, you've told me about farm life which I find captivating. I've never met farm animals beyond those found in petting zoos but they tend to be skittish around me because they know the truth. Maybe it is something as simple and huh as being blond? I just feel an attraction on an emotional level. Just something. It was an intense feeling that I've never had about anyone before. It was so strong I did want to tell you about me the day we met."

Josh takes another bite. "Time for another clean up." He wipes his mouth again and looks back at his companion. He raises his eyebrows meaningfully to clue Matthew that he also needs a clean up.

Last edited:
Matthew looked confused only to blush, "Hm... Sorry." he said as he place his burger down and took his napkin and wiped his mouth. Taking a drink of his tea to wash down what was left in his mouth. I matter huh? Matthew looked down slightly and smiled at the hand touching his own. "No one has never said that." He said as he looked at Josh. "You'd be the first."

At the mention of the farm, Matthew smiled more. "Maybe you can come out to the farm then, one day. Six hundred plus acres, you might enjoy it. And at the petting zoos, they just have goats and sheep and maybe the few cows. We have horses, cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, one real nasty rooster... uh..." Matthew pursed his lips as he thought some more. "I guess if mom and dad haven't gotten rid of them.. which I doubt. We have alpacas too." He said as he looked at Josh and chuckled. "They're probably my favorite. Can be real mean if they want to, but their super sweet. Kind of cute actually." He said with a soft smile on his face. "But, you'd be surprised what farm animals are skittish. Some of our cattle..." Matthias shivered. "They're probably the scariest I've ever seen. Those things can be mean buggers. They even scare the coyotes. Helps that we have farm dogs too, but still."

An attraction on an emotional level? Matthew chuckled slightly as he took a fry and ate it. "So... you're saying you had a crush me the moment we met?" He teased the other slightly. He thought it was cute actually. No one had ever had a crush on Matthew, that he knew of. It was always Matthew that had the crushes on people. "You know. I'd say after the first week of knowing each other, I was able to see, even from day one, you were the stereo typical jock. You were actually nice and down to earth. It's refreshing really." Picking up his burger he took another bite. "Having a crush on your roommate is hard. Always having to try and not blush or stare at almost everything you do... Taking cold showers.." Sitting there eating with Josh and making small talk. It was nice. "Was there something you wanted to do after this? Go back to the dorm... walk around?" he wasn't even sure what he wanted to do, but going back to the dorm was one thing he didn't want to do. Spending time with Josh was fun.

Josh blinked, "The first to say you matter?" A face scrunch of confusion, "You're a great guy. Surely I can't be the first." What if I am? He started to feel bad and he felt his eyes begin to moisten. He didn't wasn't to cause a scene and ruin a great outing with the guy he cared about deeply.

Josh's mouth perked up, "I'd like that. I'd like to see your place one day. I'd be a guest, but if y'all needed an extra pair of man hands. Here they are." He then holds his hands up and wiggles his fingers. "Plus, I enjoy eating at other people's houses to experience the tempo of their own cuisine."

"I felt that there was something there from the start. You're attractive and nice to be with. Plus, you enjoy drawing. When I saw you for the first time, a voice told me that you were someone that I could get along with really well. Stereotypical jock? I sure look the part, don't I? I got the bod and the resume and the third most frequented place for me is the gym."

Josh let out a puff of air to reminisce, "When I came out, it was a stunner about he who is a stunner. Girls would try to catch my attention and I'd greet them with a wave and a nod. Some of them thought I was just playing hard to get. During Spring semester of 9th Grade, this faking interest started to gnaw on me so I came out during the summer. First to my folks and then to my best friend over those weeks. When Fall semester began, I was more open. Previously, I would say something along the lines of being busy with schoolwork or gym time or football practice. Sensible, right? Now the answer was that I'm not available because I'm gay. The guys quickly found out and were shy about me being in the same locker room and showers as them. A couple games into Sophomore year, they protested to Coach Vaughn. He lets them have their say and then announced his decision. He said that he didn’t give a crap if I liked girls or guys. All he had was the same concern he has for all his players. Do you perform well on the field and the classroom? If you do, you have a place. He gave us an ultimatum. ‘Anyone who wants to leave, go ahead. I won’t stand for wishy-washyness from my guys.’ I wasn't going anywhere. Brett and Trevor Bishop didn’t even need to think about where they stood because they weren't part of the protest. Being gay didn't put a dent in us being friends. Even if they knew that I thought they were hot, that wasn't a reason to break the team. As for the others, one by one they said they were going to stick with the team. I'm sure they each had their own reasons why, but they all stayed."

Josh smiled, "On the field, I am as intense as the next guy. It's just part of the game. Off the clock, I have had my angry moments. They don't happen too often though. It's one of the reasons why I meditate. There are few things that bother me." He nodded, "Having a crush is hard especially when the other isn't able to return your affection. At least now that we know that we are both into guys."

Josh's mouth widens into a grin which evolves into an energetic chortle, "Blush! Stare! Cold showers!" He was having a laughing fit that lasted a good minute until his calmed down. "Whew. I've not had a good laugh like that for awhile. Ain't it the truth though. You want to look, but don't want to be obvious about it." His mind drifts momentarily to one such moment in his recent past, "You haven't seen me wear that one yet." He looks at Matt who might be confused. "Long story from my Japan travel about my parents and me being hungry, a café, and hunks in hot pants and maybe tanks." One more chuckle.

Josh then looked up at the sky and rested his elbow on the table while pressing his chin into the crook of his fingers between the thumb and index. Something to do after this? "Dunno. It's too nice of a day to go back to the room just yet. Maybe the mall or what passes for one in a town like this? Not sure if you are a mall person and I feel that we'd just be window shopping. Plus, they can be too noisy and crowded at times. My parents and I try not to go to them if we can help it. Want to go the the movies? I can't think of anything noteworthy playing though. Do you?" More thinking, "Fletcher State Park? I've been there every now and then. If you like your outdoors to be quiet and picturesque, that's the place. They got a few trails and I've been on them when I wanted to be running outside and not on a treadmill. They got a natural trail that is five miles long and circles the entire park. I've never been on that one. Not sure if we could go all the way around, but it'd be nice to go for a scenic walk."

Last edited:
"Well... you are." He said. "And.. I'm not that great. I mean, I let some guy manipulate me.." He didn't really want to go into too much detail since they were in a public place.

Matthew smiled, "Then, maybe sometime in the summer? That's when we really get to work. Baling hay anyway, moving cattle too a different pasture. Doin' some repairs on the fence line. That' in itself takes all day." He chuckled slightly at the wiggling fingers of Josh. "I may be biased, but my mom's cooking is the best! Breakfast anyway. Nothin' can beat her biscuits and gravy, home fries, bacon and sausage, waffles, pancakes. Almos' anythin' you can think of for a good country breakfast." He said and as he talked his country accent slipped through as he got excited talking about his mom's cooking and home.

"I mean. I'm glad your not the stereotypical Jock..." Only the third? What's the first two most frequented places you go? He was curious but he didn't ask as he listened to Joshua talk. He smiled and laughed. "A stunner? Really? Not the word I would describe you, but continue." He said still laughing a bit. He calmed down, still listening to Joshua. "Yeah, I remember you telling me something similar I think..." He tilted his head slightly as he folded his arms on the table and leaned on them. "What few things bother you?"

Matthew pouted his lips slightly at the laugh. "Didn't think it was that funny." He said though he took no offense to it. However he did look a bit confused at the small statement from the other only to blush and look down at his food. "Uh.. right." Grabs his drink and takes a drink through the straw.

Taking a bit of his food, he let Joshua think, shaking his head slightly at the question about the movies. Of course that could be something for later.. Matthew perked up at the mention of the park. Swallowing his bit of food and using his napkin to wipe his face. "Lets to that then. We can walk on the trail you you haven't been on. Plus, " he smiled. "It'll give us a chance to work off what we just ate." He took a fry and ate it. "So it's settled? We'll go to the park and walk around."

Josh nodded. None of us can be perfect 100% of the time. That is what makes us human.

Moving on to a more cheerful topic, "That sounds great. Next summer it is. If I clear if with my folks, that is. Red Tundra's bound to come in handy. Maybe a month? Doesn't make sense to just show up for the weekend. Two weeks at least. What do you think? Speaking of taking all day, I would be driving to your place. Might take me a couple days to reach you, but it'd be worth it. So worth it." He smiles at Matthew.

As his roommate goes over the breakfast offerings, fanciful images enter Josh's mind. "I'll eat anything, but I prefer sausage, patties that is, over bacon and waffles over pancakes." He noticed Matthew's incoming twang resulting from the excitement. I'm the same way. Japanese is my first language. How many times would it come out when I was just as excitable? How many times woulld I shout "Banzai!" when the ball was snapped?

"Things that bother me. Number one is bullies. When I was much younger, I got into trouble occasionally. Older boys would be picking on us younger boys. When one of my classmates was theatened by an older larger kid, I would step in front of them and tell the bully that if they wanted to pick on a smaller kid, try pushing me around. I got knocked around a few times for my intercession. Bruises, busted lips. That kind of stuff, but I choose that danger if it means that others are saved. Great friendships are forged through great tribulation." Even Brett was a target back in our Kindergarten days. No one would ever dream of crossing him as he is now looking like Moose Mason from the Archie comics come to life, but back then all they saw him as just another little kid to pick on.

It was difficult to speak of things that bothered him because he wanted to be optimistic and see the good in life and the good in others. "Other things. Tobacco and drugs, the illegal ones, especially the performance enhancing ones. I'm not going to put junk in my body. Food's a different situation, but I still try to watch what I eat. I get upset when I flub a recipe. You would think with a nose like mine I would be perfect, but I mess up every now and then. Using the wrong ingredient at the wrong time can be disastrous. I get bothered if I don't make a good grade, especially if is in a subject I enjoy. I groan if I screw up a drawing. It's one of the reasons why it takes me a good while to complete one. I want it to be right. Making mistakes is natural, but that doesn't make them any easier to swallow."

Josh perked up, "Nature Trail it is." They continued to talk of other things while they finished their meal.

About forty minutes later, they arrived at Fletcher State Park. Some vehicles were there. Their feet crunched against the pea gravel ground. They walked past the Ranger's Station. On the door was the placard "Head Ranger: Gilberto Luna."

Nearby, there was a map emblazoned on a large wooden sign. Josh reviewed it and pointed at their destination, "Burgess Trail. Shall we get going?" He holds out his hand.

Last edited:
((I'm guessing you didn't mean to put that there?))

"You seem like one who would step in to help a friend." Matthew said with a smile. He even gave a half laugh, "Surprisingly.. I wasn't really bullied per-say. Just..." He paused in what he was going to say. He doesn't want to hear about my poor judgment in guys in the past. "Just had poor judgement." He was great full for the other to changes subjects but also still be on the same topics at the same time. Smiling a bit, "That I... well.. I did try marijuana once. Didn't like it. Instantly gave my a migraine."

"I can't cook. Like at all, if you ask my mom anyway. My sister and I would sneak into her kitchen when she would leave for the grocery store and make different things." Matthew laughed. "I remember this one time we actually got caught and I was the one being chased out of the kitchen."

After a while, they made it to the nature trail. The short car ride and the walk to the map of the trails, Matthew was able to think a bit more clearly. After relaxing with Josh and knowing him more. Just as he said, he's still him. Just has a bit of a furry issue... or not really an issue just a part of himself he only lets a selected few share with him. This made Matthew feel special. Looking at the Asian, Matthew smiled and took Josh's hand. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Walking along the path, Matthew noticed that there wasn't really anyone on the trail and he couldn't hear much of anything other than nature. But that doesn't mean that there isn't someone near by. "I think...Hmm.." He wasn't sure how to word his next question. "I think, I'd like to see you again. Soon." He said as he ever so slightly turned his head to look at Josh, hoping his would understand that he wanted too see Josh as a wolf again. "Uh.. heh.." He have a half laugh as his free hand scratched the back of his head. "I.. after the initial shock...I thought you actually looked really cute." He cast his blue eyes to the side, looking away from Josh, his face turned red with embarrassment. Cute? Really, that's not what you say to a guy. Calling him cute.

(Eep. You’re right. I deleted it. Sorry for any confusion.)

It took awhile for the word to register in Josh's brain. Marijuana? It must have been just a one-time thing and must have been long ago because I didn’t smell it on him. Now it's my turn. Josh told him. "I understand being curious. Did you get into trouble with your folks? I did when they caught me drinking some beer. I was using some for a recipe and there was more in the bottle than needed so I decided to have a taste. I ended being in the doghouse for a whole week." Josh then groaned and did a facepalm, “I just said the d-word, didn’t I.”

As Red Tundra exits the parking lot of the eatery, “Chased? Chased out of the kitchen for trying to make something? Remind me not to go anywhere near the kitchen then if I come over. Don’t want to rock the boat. Just know that at the Nakayama house, we all chip in, but I’m usually who does most of the work unless its football season. Most of the time, it’s just me and Dad since Mom’s schedule is erratic. Sometimes we go out to eat but I mostly cook and leave the leftovers for her. Okonomiyaki works out great. Just make a griddle-full and divide it three ways. I’ve been trying to formulate a Tex-Mex version. I love Tex-Mex. Around Cinco de Mayo, we head to my Uncle Kunio and Aunt Carmen's place for fajitas or tostadas. We try to get together at least once a month. My grandparents come over sometimes and her parents too occasionally."

They walked along the trail and Josh felt happy. His nostrils breathed the clear air and his ears heard the warbles of birds as they passed a pond brimming with ducks and picnic benches nearby. If they weren't here in the daylight and it was at night, he would be very tempted to strip and shift and go off bouncing among the trees. It seems that Matthew has something like that on his mind. Josh turned, "You have a great way with words. I know what you mean. Whenever you want to see my suit, just ask. Maybe tonight if you want. Cute? You could say that. My parents would have taken pictures of me in my suit as a child, but the camera wasn't available." The truth was they never could take pictures of the lwerewolf child because they didn't want to risk them getting out.

Josh smiled, "I don't mind being called cute. See how smooth my skin is?" He ran his face along the sides of his cheeks. "You're cute also. Radiant." He gave his boyfriend a dreamy look as they continued to walk along the trail. "Two cute and radiant guys."

They had walked for quite some time chatting about other things which could be more freely discussed without hidden meanings. He began to notice that the sun had just started to set, "Looks like the sun's telling us to call it a day. Might as well head on back." He turned around to head back to the parking lot.

Last edited:
Matthew had to think. "No...I was sleeping over at a friends house that time. And I really only took one puff and then almost instant migraine, never touched it since. That was probably a few years back. Never did or tried anything else though. As far as drugs went, was just never interested. Wasn't really interest in the marijuana either. Guess I just gave into peer pressure then, but once I did try they never pushed at me to continue. So that's good."

Walking the trail, Matthew finally realized that they were still holding hands. However, he didn't want to pull away or anything. What he really wanted to do was lace their fingers together, but he didn't, not having enough courage to do something like that when they just established their relationship with each other and still getting use to one another as boyfriends. He was listening to Josh but only half as he was stuck in his own head. He couldn't help but compare Josh to Jason and be amazed but obviously not surprised at the major difference between them. Major difference, Josh isn't a obsessive psychopath. He's sweet, kind, funny, considerate, hot and cute at the same time. I found him cute when we first met but I couldn't tell him that. But then that Shawn guy.... I guess I should be thankful, he kind of kicked started our relationship, I think...

He was brought out of his musing when he suddenly felt Josh's face against his. He felt his face heat up even more than what it had been, making it more flush. Looking at Josh, Matthew smiled a bit at the look Josh had on his face. "Cute and radiant, huh?" he said with a half laugh. "If I was a girl, I'd be gushing over you right about now..." As a wolf you're cute. But as you are right now beside me... you're more than cute. He continued to walk with Josh down the path until the other deemed it was time to turn back.

There was a small but comfortable silence that settled between them and it felt nice. For once Matthew wasn't comparing and thinking about Jason when he should be thinking about Josh. He was just being in the moment until a thought popped into his head. Should I? He doesn't... hasn't been the type to just dislike it or anything, though we haven't really done much of anything either... What do I do? Steeling himself, Matthew slowed down a bit, "Josh?" He said once he was at a full stop. He wait for the other to do the same as he lightly chewed at his bottom lip. Now or never. The blonde stepped closer to Josh as he pulled his hand form the other's grasp in favor of cupping Josh's face with both of his hands and then placed his lips against his boyfriend's in a soft kiss.

Slowly pulling away from the kiss, Matthew also dropped his hands from Josh's face seemingly looking embarrassed. He was half expecting the other to yell at him. But why would he? He's not Jason. He does have to be first in every initiated contact. He still couldn't help it no matter how hard he tried, but he had no one else to compare to. He knew it was a bad thing to do. I want Jason erased from my mind.

Josh nodded, "Peer pressure can be a dangerous thing. Is there a thing that could be called positive peer pressure? I can't think of a more appropriate term. For example, a community rallying together to help someone in need. Peer pressure, misused, and you can have decent people become monsters."

Josh chuckled, "You can still go gaga over me. Even after I was out, girls still fawned over me. It just comes with the job description. When you're checking out a guy wearing revealing clothes like my football gear, it's natural to turn into pudding." His feet stopped moving and he looked clueless at Matthew, "Yes?" Then the lips descend. We have liftoff. He held Matthew close to him and enjoyed the wondrous kiss, hips moving slightly. There were a few more people around them on the trail because they were near the entrance. Who cares what they think. I am who I am. I am what I am.

There was Red Tundra waiting for them as they approached with clasped hands. Josh opened the door for Matthew and he walked to the other side and got into his seat. Ignition started and J-Pop comes out of the speakers, enchanting young men singing to the two boyfriends. Away we go!

They made it back to the dorm with little fuss, just a train that seemed to take forever to pass. As they approached their room, Josh said, "Feels like we've been gone all day, but it's only been a couple of hours." Josh unlocked the door and ushered Matthew in, "After you." He closes the door behind him, "Inside until morning." He moves off to the side and kicks off his sneakers and pulls his socks off before flexing his toes.

Last edited:
The feeling of the other kissing him back and then arms around him, feels right. Feels... safe. He could care less what people around them thought, he was kissing his boyfriend, dammit! Once they finally made it back to their dorm and were walking down the hall to their door, Matthew looked over at Josh and gave a half laugh. "Only a few hours? really?" It was hard to believe that they pretty much spent half the day doing laundry and then only a couple of hours going out to eat and walking the trail. He chuckled when Josh opened the door and had him go inside first. "I have my own gentleman now." he said in jest as he referred to the times that Josh opened doors and let him through first. Of course there were time when he opened the door for Josh as well.

Stepping into the dormitory, Matthew stretched his arms over his head, his shirt riding up a bit only to be pulled down as he put his arms down. Sitting on his bed, Matthew pulled his own sock and shoes off before placing them on the floor at the foot of his bed. Laying on his bed, one knee bent Matthew let out a breath, his cheek puffing up as he did before settling back down. "Even after walking the trail, I feel stuffed." Matthew closed his eyes and placed his hands on his stomach, slipping his hands under his shirt as he did so. Taking a slow deep breath and then letting it out, turning his head slightly towards his boyfriend Matthew opened his blue eyes. "Was good food though. Definitely going back again at some point."

The blonde then jumped slightly when his cellphone rang. "Hm?" He lifted his hips slightly off the bed so that he could pull his phone out of his back pocket. Swiping the phone he put the device to his ear. "Yellow..." Matthew winced slightly as he pulled the phone from his ear. His mother's voice could be heard clearly.

"Don't you ever answer your phone? Or do you purposely ignore it when you see it's me callin'? I haven't heard from you in days...days Matthew Shane. Do you know how worried I am with you being so far away from your mama?"

"Ma.... Ma... " Matthew groaned as he turned onto his side facing Josh but not directly looking at his boyfriend. His bottom lip jutted out in a pout as he laid there letting his mother rant on. "Yes, ma'am... I'll make sure to call more."

"And you make sure to tell that roommate of yours I said Hi."

Matthew smiled, "I will--"

"No you do it now."

Matthew snorted and looked at Josh, "Ma says hi." He said to Josh before going back to his phone call. "Ma I need to tell ya somethin'." His voice took on a bit of a serious tone.

"What? Are you in trouble? Hurt? Did someone hurt you? Cause if they did I'm on my way there right now to knock some sense into--"

"Ma!" He mad a raised his voice just a bit to get her attention. He was touched that she worried about him so much but she also had a habit of just going on and on. "It's nothin' like that. I..." His blue eyes looked at Josh again as a faint blush graced his cheeks. "I've got a boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? Do I know of him? Have you talked about him before-- oh! Hey! Susanna Irene you give me that phone back right now young lady!" Matthew couldn't help but laugh as he heard the phone being stolen from his mother by his baby sister only to instantly regret it as his sister began talking. "Mattie! You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me?!"

Matthew gave a half laugh, "I hadn't really had the chance. It... it just sorta happened. We haven't really been together long."

"Have you kissed at least?"

"Yeah we have but---"

"Have you had sex? Is it that Josh guy you keep telling me about?"

Matthew frowned, "That's none of your business and yeah.. it's Josh." His sister continued to be the nosey little sister asking personal questions and if Josh was treating him right and such. Matthew just pinched the bridge of his nose as he just let his sister go off on a tangent. He just hoped to god that Josh couldn't hear some of the things his sister was saying and asking him which he chose not to answer. Soon the call ended, Matthew smiled and chuckled. "Yeah.. love you too.. bye." He hung up the phone and looked to Josh. "Sorry. They can be a bit... they can be a lot at times."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back