• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pioneering Roommates

Matthew took his phone back and looked at the picture, his new friend was... weird. But a good weird and he like it. The passion and excited-ness that the other showed was a bit contagious, he didn't mind it at all, in fact he kind of admired the other for it. Matthew chuckled, "You'd probably kick some ass back then." he said to the Feudal Japan comment. "Yeah, lets go." he said as he stood up with the other disposing of his tray putting it in the proper place. They walked back to the dorm, once inside, Matthew tossed his bag on his bed before following it laying down. He was full and wanted to digest a bit before he started on his homework.

"Man, I'm stuffed." he muttered putting his hands behind his head, just resting a bit. "So you'll be back by 8pm?" he questioned the other as he angled his head just so to look at Josh. "I'll obviously still be up, so no need to be quiet when you get back."

Josh harrumphed, "Probably. I'd do good duking it out, but I'd lose spectacularly if it was fighting with swords. They gave us prop swords to use for the festivals and we would brandish them. Convincing enough for most people but experts would be able to tell we were amateurs."

They are back in the room and Josh opens the dresser and tosses out clothing he will wear while working out. They land on his bed. He takes out a drawstring bag out of another drawer and ushers the garments in the the bag. The young man looks at his watch and mulls about the timing, "8pm? I'd say so. Might be a tad over, but I'm not going to be there more than an hour. Schoolwork and all. Well, I'd be getting along now."

Josh does a overview of his area to see if he has all he needs. He declares by the door, "Catch you later." He then opens the door and exits. The door closes quietly behind him.

Last edited:
Matthew waved Josh off. "See ya." He said before groaning and getting to his homework.

A month past and life at college was great, mostly. Matthew had grown closer to Josh, at least he thought and always hung out with him, catching some lunches and dinners with the other. Though there were times where he couldn't make it and would have to text Josh so he wouldn't wonder. He had a few projects going where it required his attention and he would have to skip lunch or have a late dinner by himself.

Today was one of the days where he had to skip lunch again. His stomach made noises, placing his hand over it to try and quiet it down. Matthew sighed as he sat in the library, he was doing research for one of his projects. Resting the side of his head in his hand and elbow on table, Matthew read the book he had in front of him and made notes. Though the student kept stopping in the middle of his research. Over the past month that Matthew has gotten to know Josh, he had found himself liking him more and more. Whenever the other would get close, or call out to him in the square Matthew's heart would speed up and he would feel excited seeing the other even when he was in a bad mood.

Running a hand through his hair and rub the back of his neck. "Focus Matt." he muttered to himself, sitting up and stretching his arms over his head Matthew groaned softly feeling a small pop in his back. "Damn... So boring..." Matthew sighed before leaning on the table again and began reading the book once more.

Josh woke up not knowing what day it was. Tuesday? Friday? Even as his phone buzzed and Night Fever by the Bee-Gees played, he still doubted. Josh’s shoulder length hair was parted just enough for him to look at the screen. Today is Saturday.

Morning found him on his bed with sheets and blanket on the floor. He was lying on his stomach and his head was at the foot of the bed rather than against the pillow. His only clothing, besides his briefs, was the pair of gym shorts. Another night of elusive sleep. If he was fully human, he surely would have succumbed to the ravages of sleeplessness. As it was, he still looked decently alert.

He climbed out of the bed to wash up. At least I don’t have to dash into the shower to get ready for classes. After a morning jog around campus, he returned to have a cranberry orange muffin with a cup of milk and when it was time, he turned on the TV and got out a note pad. He changed it to a station called Inspire which was a public television channel which broadcasted cooking, travel, and craft programs.

He slid his chair in front of the screen and sat down. For three hours, Josh hardly moved as he watched the cooking programs that aired back to back. Every now and then he would scribble fast notes on the pad. Occasionally, he would make comments.

After the programs, he took a genuine shower. Matt needed to go to the library for an assignment of his. Josh remained behind in the room to give his essay for history class one final checkup. He then had to complete a report on one of the literary figures that they had discussed during the previous month. Josh had been assigned Lord Macbeth. He was mostly done when he looked at the clock. It was lunch time. He saved his work and headed off campus for lunch before heading off to the grocery store alone for restocking. Later today, church and return to the room just in time to change back to casual clothes to head down to the main rec room for tonight’s movie, X-Men. Maybe Matt can come down with me to watch? A relaxing conclusion to a heavy week.

For lunch, he ate at a deli and had a muffuletta with a bag of baked potato chips and a bottle of water on the side. As his mouth consumed the wonderful sandwich, his mind turned to Matthew. We’re getting closer or at least I’d like to think so. Do I dare tell him what I am?

It is no longer a matter of if Matt would learn about me, but when.

Last edited:
Matthew groaned and closed his book with a soft slam. Standing up from the table he was sitting at, he gathered all of his materials putting them away in his notebook before stuffing it all into his bag. He was tired of working through lunch and dinner on his assignments and he was hungry damn it! Picking up the book he was reading the student walked to the librarian's counter to check the book out so that he could read it in his dorm after he ate something. "Thank you." he said politely to the librarian before he swung his bag forward and put the book in his bag before zipping it up and swinging it back into place.

Walking out of the Library, Matthew took his phone to check the time. Lunch time, He might be in cafeteria. Stuffing the phone back in his pocket, Matthew picked up his speed a bit, it had been a few days since they could have lunch together. Maybe today was his lucky day? Why am I excited to see him? It's just Josh.

When he got to the cafeteria, Matthew looked around and frowned slightly. Josh wasn't there. Sighing, Matthew got in line to get his food, ordering a simple sandwich of chicken breast, lettuce, cheese and mayo. He then grabbed an apple and a bottle of coldbrew tea, he paid and turned to find a seat only to stop when a guy was standing in his way. "Excuse me." he said going to side step the guy only to be blocked, he went to the other side, same thing. Matthew let out an annoyed sigh as a frown set on his face. "Is there something you want? I'd like to sit down and eat."

The guy grinned, he looked familiar but he couldn't quite place it. "Yeah. There is, your in the same history class as me."

Matthew looked at the guy weirdly. "Ok, what do you want?"

"Do go on a date." Matthew's eyes widened. What?

"I don't even know your name."

The guy smiled more, "So you are gay. You didn't even deny it." Matthew stayed silent, he knew where this was going, he's been through it before.

"Yeah. I am. You got a problem with it?" Suddenly his tray landed on the floor with his food with a loud cladder. Matthew looked down and then back up at the guy. "Real mature. You should go back to grade school if you want to act like that."

The guy leaned in close, some guys snickering and laughing behind him. "What did you just say?" Now it was Matthew's turn to grin.

"You didn't deny it either." Matthew then gave the guy and quick mocking kiss to the lips, everyone around them making noises. He then patted the guys cheek. "Have a nice day sweet heart." He said shocking the guy as he finally moved past the other. He was hungry, but he didn't want to eat there, not anymore. "And the answer is no to that date." He said loud enough for the guys friends to hear and they began to laugh. 'Denied!' he heard as he walked out of the cafeteria.

Once he was out, Matthew wiped his mouth and sighed. "Least I have some scones in the dorm."

Josh was strolling up and down the aisles of the store. He had sent Matthew a text letting him know where he was. Its purpose was two fold. First, it kept his roommate apprised of his status. Second, as the text mention, he could pick up something while he was out. It's no problem, he mentioned.

As he browsed the products, his thoughts turned to himself. Why am I having these sleepless nights? It bothered him because he considered himself a good sleeper. Once or twice in the past week, he actually had to leave the room in the middle of the night and slink out silently like a ghost. He hated to be a bother. He would sit in the small common room in their wing of Selby Hall. Earbuds in, sitting in the plush chair, he would read until his body was ready.

Josh's mind was still sharp and his grades hadn't slipped yet, but he greatly feared it. He hoped that Matt hadn't picked up on his restlessness. Maybe it's just school jitters.

He got out his phone to text, "It's me Ryota. Here at Food City. Almost done here. Let me know if you need anything before I head back." He concludes by sending a winking emoji and off the message goes.

Finally back in the dorm, Matthew had eaten his scone before his phone let off that familiar ping. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he smiled when he saw the text but he wasn't sure what the wink emoji meant.

No, I'm ok. See when you get back. I'm all done in the library for today. My brain can't take any more of it. 😜

Pressing send, Matthew set his phone down on his bed the student laid down with his hands behind his head and sighed. Though just as soon as he laid down he was back up again grabbing his sketch book and a pencil. He began drawing another wolf. It was one that he would see in his dreams. It was huge, bigger than any regular sized wolf. Big enough that he could snuggle into it and keep warm on a cold windy night. Drawing the general outline was simple, it was the details in his face and eyes that were proving more difficult. Taking a break from the head, he decided to draw in a human figure reclining against the belly of the wolf which he had in a laying down position. The human was looking at the wolf's face with gentle eyes and if he could get the face right on the wolf, it would have been looking back at the human with the same gentle eyes.

Josh wandered around the fish counter. I will wait just a couple more minutes. It seems that Hermes heard me. He took out his phone and read Matt's text. Well, that my cue. Let's get going.

Josh didn't have much in the cart so he chose the self-checkout. Tonight was movie night and he was getting tired of popcorn. Yes, he would eat it if it was offered to him, but he didn't much care for the snack. He could make a dash into Leitner Bakes to get a bag of cookies to share.

After exiting the Food City parking lot, he headed to the bakery. "Afternoon Josh. Where's Matt?" He replied to Mr. Leitner, "Schoolwork. I thought I'd pick up something to share for tonight's movie." The owner singles out a variety of products that might be tempting. They all look wonderful, but he gets a box of gingerbread cookies in the end. As he exchanged his money for the box, Mr. Leitner appears to want to talk more but changes his mind. The man simply says, "It's nothing. Now, you two enjoy yourself tonight. You take care of yourself, son."

Josh bows his head slightly, "Yes sir." He gently opens the door to exit and heads back to his truck. Starting up the vehicle, he heads back the the dorm. Several minutes thereafter, he opens the door with arm cradling a sack of groceries. Atop, is the box of cookies. His free hand opens the door wide to grant him entry. He withdrawals his key and closes the door, "I have returned and I have a treat for us tonight."

Looking up when Josh entered the dorm, he was pretty much done with his little sketch except the damned face of the wolf. He had drew a black wolf laying down curled around a male human. Place his sketch book down, "Tonight?" Matthew looked confused for a moment before realization dawned on his face. "Ooohh... It's movie night isn't it?" he waited for the confirmation as he smiled embarrassed.

"I kind of forgot... I didn't realize it was tonight." He gave a nervous laugh. He had been so drowned into his school work recently that some of his days blurred together. "Uh... Here, let me help." he said as he got up taking the bag from Josh, his hand brushing against the other's arms. He walked over to where they kept their food and drinks. Placing the bag on the floor, Matthew spotted the box of cookies and grabbed them. "Gingerbread?" he questioned. "Didn't peg you for a gingerbread man." he said grinning at the small joke.

Matt's hand brushed against Josh's arm which sent lovely tingles throughout his body. "Thanks a bunch. Don't worry about forgetting that today's movie night. I'm not going to conduct an Inquisition and put you on the rack. I might as you be a test taster. I got a hankering for red beans and rice with sausage or maybe shrimp étouffée."

Josh looks at the box with glee, "I thought about getting a bag of chocolate frosted donuts, but I remembered what you said about chocolate. Don't the gingerbread men look cute. Imagine if one was as tall as me. It take days to eat a cookie like that. I always start with the heads because I think headless gingerbread folk are funny. Halloween is just a month away. The holiday's okay, but I think some people do go over the top. Large inflatables that cost a couple hundred dollars that you are only go to show a few weeks? I never quite understand the allure. Just suit up and put your game face on. Oh, and haunted houses. Never cared for them. Might be because my dad and Mr. McPherson took me and Brett to one when we were eight. Well, he was eight still and I just turned nine. We were probably too young. Don't you think?"

Josh undoes the laces on his sneakers and pulls them off. Socks follow. He sets a timer for himself, "I have a good two hours before I have to get ready for church." He turns on his computer and picked up where he left off on the Macbeth essay. He looks at the screen, "Still can't think of a eye-catcher title."

Last edited:
"I'll taste whatever you give me." He said as he looked at the box in his hand before setting it back down. He then walked over to Josh and looked at what the other was doing. He's working his essay. "Why not just title it 'Macbeth'?" He was more simple with titles and could never come up with anything catchy. But his essays always turned out good and he would get a passing grade.

Moving back to his bed, Matthew picked up his sketch book again and flipped to another page to finish the drawing later. He had to figure out how to get the right on the damned wolf! He always talks about this Brett guy. Why does it bother me? They're best friends... aren't they? He couldn't remember if the other had told him if there was something more going on between the two or if they really were just friends.

"I like Halloween. I never dress up though, but I always liked it. Witches, Vampires, Werewolves all the like. I like it all, sometimes I wish some of it was real. Well... maybe just the werewolf part. I think it'd be pretty cool." He said all the while he was still looking down at his sketch book working on the face of the wolf. Groaning, "Can't get the face right."

Josh made a face and pressed his index finger to his lips, "Shh. Don't you know it's bad luck to mention the name of that particular play?" He giggles, "Fear not. We are in our room, not on the stage." Looking at the paper again, "I'm usually good with titles. I remeber an essay I wrote in high school called Pop Culture Syndrome." After much time, he decided on a title of Macbeth: Chained by Fate.

Josh hears Matt wistfully wish some elements of the supernatural was real. Maybe just werewolves? It was something that he thought of every now and then. How many were in the world? He knew that many elements of the werewolf mythos seen in fiction were obviously wrong. Take the full moon as an example. It did nothing except provide a modicum of light. No writhing in pain as he changed plus he could shift whenever he wanted. He touched silver and yet it didn't burn. I want to comment, but don't know how without giving myself away. Does he want me to say something? Let me try.

Josh looks at the ceiling "Wouldn't that be something. We look to the stars and wonder if others exist out there only to find out that they were among us all along? What would they be like? Well, that's enough schoolwork for me today."

Josh closes his word program and picked up his digital drawing pad. He is on a streak of half human/half animal beings. His previous completed work was of the Egyptian god Anubis reimagined as a superhero. He stands boldly in front of a building called the Lunar Pyramid. His current work was of a merman, similar to the Creature from the Black Lagoon, slipping on a pair of gloves that look like synthetic human skin. Another of his kind stand catercorner and is more dressed like a human with only his piscine head undisguised. They are on a boat so it can be construed either that they are removing the skin suits to enjoy a swim or they are putting them back on to resume their masquerade.

He holds it up to Matt. "What do you think? You think they are going to go for swim or heading back home on land? I think it can be taken either way." Josh stands up to get out clothes more appropriate for church. He enters the bathroom to change clothes but leaves the door open so he can continue to chat with Matt.

Last edited:
Matthew gave Josh a funny look. "Bad luck... really? I doubt it." he said with a short laugh. He then listened to the other about the supernatural, "Well, we wouldn't know. If they were real. I think they would be just like you and me, normal people just trying to live life." He watched Josh close up his school work and grab his digital pad. He always wanted one, but never had the money for it, so he was stuck with a regular paper pad.

Looking at the picture, "It's really good." he said when he was shown the picture. "It guess it would just depend on your interpretation of it. Could be a changing of the guard so to speak. Maybe they're guarding something precious or dangerous." He said as Josh went into the bathroom to change his clothes.

He turned back to his own sketch book only to frown and toss his pad to the other end of his bed before flopping down on his back in frustration. "How often do you go to church? I thought church was a Sunday thing?" He asked as he got up unable to just lay down at the time. He decided to put the food stuff that Josh had gotten away for his roommate. When the bag was empty, he took it and folded it up before putting it with the other bags they had for recycling. He then opened the window just a crack to let some of the cooler air in, he could feel his cheeks flush.

Josh smiled greatly, “That is an excellent interpretation. I never thought about it that way.” He leaned back, “Precious or dangerous? Why not both? Reminds me of a dream I once had. I was at school with my teammates one moment and then we were on a boat sailing above sunken ruins the next. Pirates. We came across a gang of pirates who then…” He flinched and looked crestfallen. No. I don’t want to say. “Dreams. They can be wonderful but they also kick you in the ass.”

Kicked him in the ass, that dream did. The pirates killed the others but spared him only because he had wolfed out in the futile struggle to save himself and his friends. They managed subdued him and they drugged him to keep him locked in his anthropomorphic form. They then sold him to a carnival where he was put on display and made to do tricks. He woke up with chills with the cruel echoes of “Dance dog-man. Dance” still ringing in his ears.

Josh sighed and tried to appear upbeat, “Saturday service at 5pm, every week. It was just that first week that I went on Sunday. My parents and I go to Saturday service. We’d then go to dinner. We go to Sunday service if we're not able to go on Saturday. Something like that for me for the past month. Mass, get something easily transportable and edible, come back here to dinner, then wait until its time to head downstairs for movie night. Tonight’s a double feature. First two X-Men movies. I haven’t seen them in years. Must not miss.”

Finished changing clothes, he exits. Josh combs his hair and then secures it in the band, “I could talk more about family and of church, but I must be going. Catch you later.” He waves his hand and closes the door behind him.

Last edited:
Matthew watched Josh leave with a slight frown. What it his imagination or did he not like talking about church? Or was it that he didn't want to go? He couldn't be sure and didn't think too much on it. Sighing softly, Matthew walked to his bed and laid down, hands behind his head and eyes closed. Maybe a short nap would help him clear his mind. Sighing once more, his breath evened out and soon he was in dreamland.

A few hours later Matthew was woken up by a knock on the door. Groaning softly, Matthew rubbed the sleep from his eyes and the knocking continued. "I'm coming! Give me a minute..." he complained as he got up and opened the door only to frown as he saw the same jock from earlier that day. "What do you want? How did you even know this was my dorm? You stalking me or something?"

The guy sighed, "Look... I just acted that way because it was in front of the guys. I really do want to ask you out."

The guy looked almost nervous as Matthew gave him a skeptical look. "I don't even know your name."

"It's Shawn."

"Well...'Shawn' the answer is still 'No' " Matthew said as he went to shut the door but was blocked.

"Hey! I'm trying to be nice here." Shawn holds the door to prevent it from being closed.

"And I'm trying not to knock you unconscious. Now move!"

"Not until you say 'Yes' "

Josh walked briskly. I should have made up my mind. Seems like I was stuck in time looking at those salads. Al that time for just a chef salad with chicken. As he made his way back to the room, he heard frustrated words. Whatever's going on, I must do something.

Josh dove between Shawn's legs and entered the room. The plastic container holding the salad was crushed but this was more important. He looks at Matt affectionately, "Sorry cuddlebud for squishing your salad. Maybe this will make up for it."

He drops the salad and wraps his arms around his roommate and locks lips with Matt. This was no quick peck. This was passion incarnate.

Passion did a 180 and became fury even as Josh held Matt lovingly close to his body. Even as he kept his body as a barrier between Matt and Shawn, "When my boyfriend says no, he means no." He grits his teeth and utters several profanities in Japanese. His eyes burn. Not quite the gold-hued eyes of the beast, but just as intense. "Sorry, but this man's spoken for. Leave. Please."

The voice of one of the Residential Advisors calls out, "Movie in twenty minutes." Closer the voice is, "Movie in twenty minutes." Closer and more pronounced the voice as movement is seen just beyond the corner.

Last edited:
"I said move, dammit!" Matthew tried again to slam the door in the guy's face but was unsuccessful.

"Not until.. Hey!" Shaw had exclaimed when Josh seemed to pop up out of no where.

Matthew backed away when Josh dove into the room from between Shawn's leg. He would have laughed if it was any other situation. "What... cuddlebud? Josh what are you - " His eyes widened and his lips snapped shut on his next words as he was grabbed and pulled close. He would have played along if he wasn't so shocked at what Josh did next. Next thing he knew he was being kissed! He didn't know how long he had been waiting for this, wanting to approach Josh about his growing feelings for his roommate but he just never could. It was like they were doing this dance around each other, he felt. But the feeling of Joshua's lips against his, They're soft... He almost groaned into the kiss and began to kiss back but his roommate had already pulled away. Matthew was in a state of shock, barely registering what his roommate was saying as he looked at Josh with a shocked expression. Thank god that Josh was still holding him or else he may have already fallen to the floor. Boyfriend?

Shawn looked at the two in shock before scowl graced his face. "Spoken for? Then he shouldn't have kissed me in the cafeteria." With that he turned and left. He didn't want to admit, but the look Matthew's boyfriend was giving him, creeped him out. That and he had to get out of there before the Residential Advisor caught him causing trouble.

Also hearing the same voice calling out for the movie, shocked Matthew into gear as he pulled out of Josh's arm and closed the door finally. He then turned to Josh, a light blush graced his cheeks. "What was that?" He asked the other as he leaned back against the door. His heart was pounding, his stomach doing flip-flops if only the boyfriend comment was true, he'd bee pulling the other in for another kiss. But as it was, Matthew stayed put because it wasn't true. "Could have handled that differently... now everyone who saw is going to thing we're dating." Would that be a bad thing though? You like the guy, right?

Josh struggled to breathe. Euphoria swirling around him. "Maybe I could have handled things differently, but the way that guy was being obnoxious was getting to me. For me, it was either kiss you or kick Shawns's ass. I'd much rather do something enjoyable." He sat on the bed with the bag with the box salad next to him and looked directly at Matt, "I've been thinking about you for days. Thinking about me. Maybe it's why I haven't been sleeping much the past few days. I've thought about us being together, but I've never been in a relationship before and I was afraid of ruining our friendship. I heard him ask you out and I was afraid. Here I am a roommate to a nice guy that I have much in common with and who's good looking too and I've fumbled big time because I was too afraid to let him into my life."

Josh paused, "Yea, I suppose people would think we are dating. Would that be so wrong? I would like to try dating if you want to." He let out a jovial snort, "My parents would be ecstatic, no pressure though. They like you, you know. They see you and me together. They are supposed to come to town in a couple of weeks to spend a few hours with me and go out to eat. When they do, would you like to join me?"

Last edited:
Matthew looked at Josh, unsure of what to think. What.... is he saying? He wasn't even sure how to respond. Truth be told, he has been thinking about the other student for a while as well. "I..." Matthew sighed and pushed himself from the door walking over to the other and sat down on the other side of Josh on his bed. He looked down and leaned forward hands on the bed on either side of him. "I've been thinking about you too." He confessed as he felt his face heat up. He was afraid to look at the other as he talked. "You know I've only ever been in one relationship. It didn't end well, obviously. It's kind of why I've been holding back.. to allow anything other than friendship... Ah...It's hard for me to trust people, but I feel like I can trust you."

Matthew glanced over at the other, "And, It probably wouldn't be so bad... if people thought we were dating." Matthew smiles slightly and lightly bumped shoulders with Josh. "It's make your parents happy at least." Yes. I want to date you. "And you know I can't turn down the chance to meet your parents. have to see where it all comes from right?"

"Movie in ten minutes!" Came the voice of the Residential Attendant.

"So...still want to catch the movie?" Matthew looked at the other waiting to see what he would do next.

Trust. The word stung Josh. There's the truth and then the true figure of truth. If it wasn’t for keeping his dual nature a secret, he was sincere. Don’t think less of me when you do find out. This evening had been a whirlwind and Josh was reluctant to add werewolf to the mix.

Josh turned his thoughts to his family. “We’re quite an interesting bunch. Dad came to America to study because he had always found this country to be so fascinating but he decided to stay when he met my mom. Until this past summer, I hadn’t really gotten to know his side of the family since communication is difficult. My cousin Daisuke and I hit it off really well. It was like we had known each other for years. Stateside, I just have my Uncle Kunio who is Mom’s younger brother and his wife Carmen as well as my three year old cousin Emiliano Juntaro. My uncle is such a kidder. He says I got this enchanting face from the Nakayama half of me and this bod from the Ishida side. My grandparents look after my cousin while his parents work. They’d pick me up after school and he’d run up to me. Picture me as a kid but with warm beige skin and a bowl cut. That would be Emiliano, but we call him EJ mostly.”

Josh eats hurriedly and looks up, “Movie? It’d be nice to go. I did bring those cookies to share. It’s a double feature so we don’t have to stay for both films. If we did, we’d be there until about 11pm.” He tosses the box into the trash bin. He gets the box of cookies and presents his hand to Matt with a smile, “Shall we get going?”

Last edited:
Matthew looked at the other, listening to another description of his family. He wished his own was that interesting. He smiled at the other and looked at the hand offered. He didn't hesitate and took his roommates hand standing up. "How about we go as long as possible and see where we end up?" This statement could be made for the movie night or their relationship. "We're still going to have to talk about this though." he said making a gesture for the both of them and was transpired. Until then... let just enjoy the movie together. He tugged Josh out of their dorm and towards where the movies were to be shown. He frowned as they passed that Shawn guy and laced their fingers together narrowing his eyes just daring the guy to say something. Luckily he didn't. When they got to where they were suppose to be, Matthew spotted a small couch in the back and moved towards it. It was just big enough for the both of them to sit next to each other.

Josh's heart was electrified as Matt's hand touched and gripped his own. This feels wonderful. This feels right. "Ditto. Let's see what's in store for us. Yes, I know. We need to talk about things, certain things. For now, let's just enjoy the rest of the day together." He plays the lines in his head. Matt. You probably will think I have a few screws loose or you think this is a cosmic joke, that's what I would say, but I'm a werewolf. Yes way. I'm not human. Never have and never will be. See? Look at my eyes.

They passed the Shawn guy and as Matt laced his fingers with his own, Josh pressed the side of his body next to his roommate’s so they could walk closely side by side. The main lounge was somewhat packed. Thankfully there was a small couch just big enough for them. The material was worn with age and there were some spots from spills of yesteryear, but it was plush and comfortable. Sitting down, the movie began and the cookie box was opened soon thereafter.

Some hours later, they returned to the room and began the bedtime ritual. Bathroom, the brushing of teeth, the donning of bed clothes. Josh undoes his hair band. The quick descent to slumber land followed.

Night. The time is just after 3:30am. The room is dark and Josh is in bed. He is asleep, but he is tormented. He grips the sheets and whimpers in his sleep, "No. No. No."

Sirens sound in the middle of the night. Father and Mother look at the door with supreme dread as something powerful pounds on the door. Never in a thousand years did they think a day like this would ever happen again. This isn’t done to innocent citizens anymore. The house shakes as something tries to force its way into the house. A worried boy struggling to stay awake appears at the top of the stairs and asks, “Mommy? Daddy?” They shout, “Run! Hide under the bed until we tell you its safe.” The child runs to his parents’ bedroom and hides under the bed.

Boom! Boom! The door cracks and collapses. Big scary men storm the home and crush the Setsubun decorations with their feet. The oni mask that Father wore earlier in the day rests in a chair. No amount of beans will make them leave. Mother shouts as the flashlights wave in their direction, “I am the Assistant District Attorney! You have no right to enter!”

One of the men steps forward and rebukes her, “Yes you are the ADA and you should know better. The President signed the order last month. We gave you an extension. Now hand the wolf over.” Mother savagely spits, “Never!” Mother charges at the man and he catches her and repels her. Her body collides with the wall and she bounces off it. She lands on the floor and struggles to get back up, but she collapses. Father’s hand has reached for Tsuki no Kiba displayed on the shelf. He unsheathes the katana and brandishes it menacingly. He looks like a professor and yet he holds it as resolute as his ancestors, “Monsters! Bastards!” Another man said, “It’s your son who’s the monster. Drop the sword! Give up the boy and we will be on our way. Last chance!” Another defiant, “Never!” He never gets a chance to strike as electricity jolts through his body. At the other end, a third man who came in through the back door holds onto a taser. The sword clangs on the floor in defeat as its owner collapses.

The boy hides under the bed and hears all. He is frightened. He may be a werewolf, but he is still a small child and is too scared to make the shift. Closer and closer the feet come. He has nowhere to go and no one left to protect him. “In here!” They have found him. Big man hands reach under the bed and come closer and closer. The crying boy pleads, “Don’t hurt me. Don’t hurt me.”

The grown Josh grips the sheets and sobs, “Don’t hurt me. Don’t hurt me.” He still sleeps while he is in the fierce grip of the nightmare. There is no one to free him from the darkness. No one except Matthew.

Last edited:
The movie night was successful he thought as they got ready for bed. Not much words were spoken during or after the movies, even when they got back to the dorm. It was night, and they both were tired, though Matthew's mind reeled from the sudden gain of a boyfriend and his roommate no less! He turned his head to look at the sleeping student and smiled softly before he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

"Don't hurt me. Don't hurt me."

Matthew was woken up by those words. He frowned and looked around as if he thought he didn't hear them at all and it was just his imagination. It wasn't until Josh sobbed again that he turned his gaze to Josh. What the...? Matthew slowly got out of his bed, he was only wearing boxers and nothing else as he moved over to Josh's bed. "Josh..." he said almost whispering but didn't get any indication that the other heard him or was even going to wake. He sat down on the bed and placed his hand on the other's shoulder and gave him a slightly shake. "Joshua." he said with a bit more conviction and raised voice. "Hey. It's just a dream. Joshua, wake up." As he was saying this, saying anything to try and wake the other up, Matthew had moved to Josh's head and placed it in his lap. On arm wrapping around the man's chest and the other having his hand occupied running his fingers through Josh's hair. This was the only thing he could think of that could work to calm Josh or wake him up. This was something his mother did whenever he would have a bad dream or was feeling ill and was in bed sick. It always made him feel better, he only hoped it would work on Josh.

"Joshua... it's ok. Nothing is going to hurt you."

A maelstrom of faces both terrible and uplifting. Brett the betrayer, and fellow Kindergartener, points at him and laughs as the Cadre carries him screaming from his home and pushes him into a bus of other werewolves who wore dejected human faces. His handcuffed parents were shoved into another vehicle. A different fate awaits them. Mr. Leitner was there with his family in the bus and were closest to the child. They motion for him to come closer to them. He sits between the man's wife and teenaged son. The 16 year old wraps his arm around Josh's shoulders and the teen's blue eyes shift to gold hued to give some semblance of encouragement, "I'm here for you brother." The boy looks up at the older youth and his dark brown eyes change also as he weakly replies, "Brother."

The grown Josh was shirtless. His white tank with sky blue trim was on the floor again. His skin felt a familiar touch. He wakes up startled and his hairless chest heaves as he struggles to focus, "What a horrible nightmare." He looks upon the heartfelt eyes of Matthew, "Arigato goizaimasu. You saved me."

Josh paused and breathed deeply as he looked at his hands. I ought to come clean. He looked back at Matt, "I'm sorry for this being so soon after mentioning about being boyfriends or at a time like this, but I need to tell you this. It's what I meant earlier by 'certain things'. Rather, I will show you. I just...I just don't feel comfortable keeping this from you anymore. I have never done this for anyone before. Only my parents know what I am. Please don't be scared." His heart thumped in his chest as he decided how to do this. He never takes his eyes off those of Matt's and begins to show a glimpse of his other self. Just a little bit for now. More later. Maybe. If I've not alienated him forever.

For the first time, Matthew is looking at the gold hued eyes of Joshua Ryota Nakayama.

Last edited:
When Josh jolted away, Matthew continued to stay calm and run his fingers through the other's hair. If anything he tightened his arm around the other to give him some more comfort. Giving the other student a slight smile. "I didn't do anything. Just held you." Arigato That was something he knew, it meant Thank you in Japanese. He's watch enough shows to know that. "So you don't have to thank me for anything."

He then frowned as he looked at Josh when the other began to ramble again. "What.. are you talking about?" His eyes widened slightly as his hold on the other loosened. He locked eyes with Josh and was shocked at seeing his eyes change almost completely. "O..okay... so your eyes can change color. Big deal...?" He wasn't sure what he was suppose to say or do. Though his hand had stopped moving through Joshua's hair.

"And... we still need to talk about that boyfriend thing." he said trying to deflect from Josh acting weird as he shifted his eyes to the side. "I'm scared, if that's what you're trying to do."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back