• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pioneering Roommates

Brett blurted out, trying to move on from outing himself as a clown phobe, "Excellent. When in doubt, get one of the standards. That's what I do." Next to him, was another conversation about the menu.

Connor Kunio Ishida had a young family. He had been married to his wife Carmen Anita, who was of Mexican descent, for six years. Between them was their young son Emiliano Juntaro. Everyone called Eiji, a somewhat portmanteau of the initials of his first and middle name, out of convenience since his full name was a mouthful. Around the time that their boy would turn four this coming April, they would be welcoming a baby girl into their family. There was a good chance that she would be born within a week or two of Eiji's own birthday.

The boy Eiji looked up to Josh because with just girls for cousins and with no other Velasco grandchildren expected, it was highly likely that Josh would be his only male cousin. He was named after both his grandfathers. On his mother's side was Juan Emiliano and Kentaro on his father's side. He was highly energetic and loved to play in the snow for the brief moment he experienced it. He wanted to learn how to ice skate but his parents wanted him to be a little older first.

His parents had met 12 years ago by way of her brother Jose Carlos at a policeman's cookout. Almost all of the Velasco men either served in the military or were in law enforcement or served in the fire department. Some of them had even served in the armed services before going on to be in the police or the fire department. As a friend, his presence was welcomed by the Velasco family. However, they grew increasingly uncomfortable the closer Kunio and Carmen became because they were leery of welcoming an Asian man into their family even though his background as a former Marine and a policeman was desirable for a husband. Courtship took longer as a result of their concerns but eventually her parents accepted him and gave their blessing once they had met his parents. Although they came from different backgrounds, they were strongly and equally devoted to family and tradition. Six years ago, the wedding took place in Dallas where she grew up and where most of her family was. A few years, they welcomed Eiji into the world who had his father's eyes and his mother's complexion.

Kunio rose through the ranks and had recently been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant while Carmen studied and was working on her doctorate in the field of International Studies specializing in Mexican politics. Between them was their son who had been absorbedly watching the tablet showing episodes of Paw Patrol since no conversations were really directed towards him.
Kunio went over the child's menu with him after the tablet was put away. He and his wife were surprised that a place such as this would have one. Although the boy couldn't quite read given his age, he easily recognized the phrase chicken nuggets. The man advised his son that these weren't the kind that he was familiar with, but Eiji didn't care "I want nuggets Daddy". They were indeed like no chicken nuggets that they heard of. These were pieces of chicken parmesan in nugget form with tomato sauce on the side. When the waiter came around, Eiji gladly proclaimed that he wanted the chicken nuggets. Kunio ordered the spaghetti with the Italian sausage while Carmen asks for the veal-stuffed cannelloni.

When the waiter came back with their drinks almost everyone was ready to order. Taking the orders of everyone who was ready and coming back to the one's who hadn't decided yet. "I think... the chicken alfredo for me." Matthew said as he gave the menu back to the waiter.

"Of course and would you like a side salad with that?"

"Uh.." Matthew only took a few seconds to think about it. "No, thank you." And the waiter moved on to the next person. It was then that Matthew took the opportunity to get up and with out much thought, kissed Josh on the cheek. "Be right back." And out the room he went to find the restroom. He easily found it after stopping someone and asking where it was. He didn't have to go, but he wanted a bit of air to try and collect himself. He had easily gotten use to the big crowd of Josh's family and he liked Brett enough, it was hard to really for an opinion on someone you just met. But so far he was liking the other male.

Walking to a sink, Matthew turned the faucet on to splash a bit of cool water on his face. The room they were in for the party was getting a bit warm, but that was to be expected when it was full of people. Leaning against the sink with his hands on either side of it, Matthew looked at himself in the mirror. Blonde hair, a bit long for his liking, he would have to get it cut when he next had the chance. Blue hues stared back at his lightly tanned complexion. He would get tanner when working on the ranch. His face was round and full, more so after being at college for a while now, but still looked good, healthy even. Maybe I should go work out...

His build was still the same, but he was losing a bit of muscle tone with the lack of work he had been doing. Sure, he got his cardio in walking all over campus, but did nothing for anything else. Should of brought my hat... then I could hide behind it. Sighing, he looked at himself more, he had began to doubt himself in his looks a bit. Thinking he wasn't good looking, not like Josh or even Brett. He and Josh had been dating for some months now and they still haven't really done anything other than kissing and touching. Is he not attracted to me like that? Or is it the novelty of having a boyfriend? I know I'm his first but... he's dated before me. Hell I've even helped him figure out what to wear on some of them. No. I need to stop. It's his birthday party.

He needed to get back to the party, he had been gone long enough. He ran a hand through his hair but didn't move anymore than that.

Kentaro Ishida was a child of the new world. His father, Hiroto Ishida was a young unmarried man when he came over to the States. He had been born and raised in Kanazawa. He would have stayed if it hadn't been for a friend of his. Masaru Ogawa yearned to live in the States and asked Hiroto to go with him. The two had been inseparable since they were boys. He was reluctant to leave his homeland but he cherished his friendship with Masaru too much to leave him in a strange country all by himself. At least he would know someone there.

In San Dimas, the two bachelors lived with other unattached young men trying to eke out a living and perhaps find a wife. She came in the form of Kaori Ogawa who was also a recent arrival. She moved here to work at her uncle's community grocery store. They gradually fell in love and began a life together living in a simple house. While she worked in the grocery store, he worked in the back handling deliveries. First came Kentaro and then his brother Tomokazu five years later. The two boys grew up and life was good. It was a good simple life until the nightmare.

Kent was 18 at the time when they were forced into the Camp. His parents wore haunted looks as they lived an uncertain life. This was no place to raise a family. Sometime later, came the questionnaires. Hiroto did not hide these difficult questions from his sons. Most troubling of all were two questions. First, would they be willing to serve in the armed services. Second, do they swear allegiance to the United States and forswear allegiance to the emperor. A number of their neighbors answered no to both and became No-nos. One of them was his best friend Masaru. Hiroto felt differently and he answered yes to both. Friendship dies and no more words exchanged between them. Masaru Ogawa, the one who had been resolved to make a living in America, would ultimately choose to move back to Japan with his family. Reluctant Hiroto chose to stay.

Hiroto was considered too old for service, but here is a strapping young man known as Kent Ishida to serve in his stead. He was not sent to Europe, but served in the Pacific as an interpreter. It seemed to him that he was chosen because he was very organized and very fluent. He was homesick often but knew that he had a duty to perform.

After the war, they all moved to Texas. Now with them was Kent's new bride Emiko Yagami, a young woman that he had met in that awful place. They were aided by a Catholic charity and fashioned a new life. First came Mariko and then Kunio several years later. They grew up and had families themselves. while his brother Tom started his own life and family in San Antonio. Eventually, Kentaro became patriarch when his father passed away a couple years after his mother.

He saw the kiss of this young man that accompanied his grandson and the joy that glimmered in Ryota's eyes when he whispered, "Miss you already". They all saw it. Any disbelief that any might have had about his attraction towards other men was tossed out the window. They were interested in learning how the two became more than just roommates. Kentaro asked his grandson, "He seems like a nice young man. I like him. I know you are roommates, but please share how you became boyfriends."

Josh really wanted to tell his family, but wanted for Matthew so they could share the recollection together.

Sighing, Matthew gathered his courage and left the bathroom but not before fixing his hair and smoothing out his shirt. He still wanted to make a good impression. Making his way back to the party room, Matthew heard more chatter. Slipping into the room and closing the door behind him, Matthew paused as he felt eyes on him. Turning around, Matthew blushed at the few pairs of eyes on him when he returned.

He walked back over to his seat and subconsciously took Josh's hand in his own. He sometimes did this when they were hanging out with friends, or rather Josh's friends and Matthew would begin to feel anxious. This was an alternative to him rubbing at his chest as he began to lightly mess with Josh's fingers. This way he wouldn't get asked too many questions on why he rubbed at his chest. It never really ended well for him when I tried to explain.

Before entering college. "Hey Matt.." Came the voice of a friend of his he had begun to have a crush on.

"Hm?" Matthew, tipped his head up to look at the other male.

"Why do you rub your chest sometimes?"

"Uh..." Matthew hadn't expected that kind of question. In addition to answering, the blonde began to rub at his chest. "I... have a scar and it sometimes itches." he lied. I never itched expect for when the wound was healing.

"You have a scar? How'd you get it?"
Matthew would go into explaining and then either get looks of disgust, pity, or worst of all in his opinion , sympathy. He wanted to avoid that with Josh's family. That and Josh was really the only person outside his own family and one other person that knew exactly how he got the scar on his chest. He wanted to keep it that way. There was no point in bringing up painful memories.

Looking at Josh, Matthew smiled, he really liked him. More so than he's ever liked anyone else before... even Jason. "Did I miss anything?"

Brett looked up and put his phone back in his pocket after texting his parents who were interested in how the evening had been going, "No bro. Nothing much. Just chatting among ourselves." One of Josh's eyebrows raised. Already calling Matt bro? Matthew must have made a big impression on Brett in order to called that. "Ryo's grandpa was just asking him how you two got together beyond being just boyfriends."

Josh looked at Matthew as his fingers intertwined with his own. He wondered how much to say and how to to say. There was a young child among them and there were probably plenty of difficult questions floating around in his head that needed difficult answers. "Well, we were talking about high school and I blurted that I wished I had a boyfriend. It was just something thrown out there about me until a month later. There was this guy, I forget his name, think Preston." Brett groaned as he pressed his face into his hands, "Mon Dieu." Preston Donner was a teammate of theirs and a total jerkass thinking he was all that. No class. No decency. The only things that kept him on the team was his talent and the fact that he only acted obnoxious around the guys. He kept ragging on Josh for being gay and thinking that there was more to the friendship with Brett than just being friends. Many times his comments would get into extreme obscene territory. Normally cool Brett looked like he was going to shoot lightning like Emperor Palpatine at the guy. Brett cared deeply for Josh and he loved him, but not in that way. Even if he had the hots for Josh, it was none of Preston's business. Brett showed his face again, "Go on."

Josh said, "The guy wouldn't leave Matt alone even though he had asked him to leave. He wouldn't take no for an answer. I knew how Matt felt about me. I dove under his legs and gave Matt a mondo kiss on the lips." Looking at Matt, "It was awesome." Back at the others, "I called him my boyfriend and the guy left us alone." Brett laughed, "Oh boy. I wish I had seen that."

Josh speaks a a bit about dates they had, but keeping the talk tame. Soon his Mom speaks, "Dad, why don't you lead us in prayer before dinner get here?" Kentaro looks at her and then at Josh, "It should be my grandson." Eiji, in a bit of mischievousness, start opening his mouth. All his mother has to do is give him a glare and he clamps up. Josh crosses himself and so does Brett and the rest of the family as he gives thanks. They cross themselves again.

Some minutes later, Josh's nostrils quivered. Dinner's almost here.

Again with the bro? Matthew didn't know the significance of it and just thought Brett was being nice. He really did enjoy Brett's company. "How we got together?" He then looked at Josh when the other began to talk. Matthew blushed and lifted his hand to touch his cheek when he felt his face warm up. Then when Josh mention the guy that was harassing him, Matthew put his hand down and smiled. "His name is Sean. And you didn't just dive under his legs, you had to have been running from where ever you were in order to do that and then just pop up out of nowhere." Matthew laughed a bit. "You should have seen his face though. It was priceless. And then his face after the kiss. But before all of that, the guys kept harassing me asking me on dates and trying to corner me in order to try and kiss me, never succeeded though. Even tried a bit after we became official too. The guy didn't believe Josh at first. Um.. " Matthew looked at Josh, he never told Josh that Sean had still been bothering him when they were still just friends and him having a crush on Josh.

Since the first accidental meeting with Sean in the cafeteria, he had ended up seeing the guy more and more around him. He had always thought it be coincidence, but then after a while it got ridiculous. And the guy kept insisting to do on a date. Even after he and Josh became official, Matthew never told Josh about the few incidents. One was when Sean had chased him down a hallway and caught up to him only to pin him against the wall and lean in for a kiss only to get his cheek and a knee between the legs before Matthew could get away from the guy. He had a feeling the guy was bad news and stuck to it, fearing it would be Jason all over again. Why he never got the feel like that when he was drugged at the party? He would never know. Maybe because it was an actual friend that time.

"But after our first kiss, we sat and talked before actually becoming official." It was then he realized what Josh had said previously. "Wait... you knew how I felt about you? Before?" How the hell did he know? Did I stare too long at Josh when he took his shirt off and changed shirts? Yes. Did he notice me watching him sleep? Or when they were close, Josh would do or say something that I would get aroused? Maybe. He honestly didn't know how Josh had already knew about his feelings for Josh.

He wouldn't get his answer right away as this was the time when Josh's mother spoke about someone saying prayer. Matthew wasn't religious nor what he catholic so he bowed his head in respect. He was just use to holding hands and bowing your head at the table in thanks before eating. He knew every family was different. After the prayer, Matthew looked at Josh, "Well... how did you know? I'm curious."

Josh blinked as he was unsure he heard Matthew. His name was Sean. Now I remember. Flabbergasted, "That guy?" He had no idea that he was still snooping around. He felt disappointment. He was disappointed in Sean for still trying to hook up with Matthew even though he had been told no. He was disappointed that Matthew didn't tell him that Sean was still bothering him. He was disappointed in himself that he wasn't there for Matthew when he crossed paths with that guy.

Josh nodded, "Yes. I had known for quite some time how you felt about me before I acted." He had recognized the look in Matthew's eyes. It was a look that became more focused when he changed his clothes. He didn't mind the looks and slowly started to not head to the bathroom to change from day clothes to night clothes and back again the next day. He recalled one time he changed into his speedo to go train with Caleb and he could have sworn that Matthew's eyes were going to literally pop out before he put on shorts to cover himself until he got to the campus pool. There were other ways, ways unknown to humankind, that he knew. His ears heard the quickening of the heartbeat and his nostrils took in the scent of arousal. Josh knew what he wanted, but was shy about establishing a relationship greater than friendship. He was worried that he would be rejected because he was a wolf in the form of a human, worse if his secret got out. Being a werewolf might seem awesome and it was, but it did have its drawbacks. He had to filter out sounds and smells so that he could function in daily human life. Being open with Matthew about his nature had been a blessing because he was able to loosen his grip on his senses to let them work naturally. In the dorm room, like at home, he could be himself.

Matthew asked him, "Well... how did you know? I'm curious." There were only two other people at this table who knew about his true self which were his parents. How was he to explain the how without outing himself as more than what he appeared to be, a human. "I'm just uniquely observant." He then tilted his head towards the door.

Waiters came in bearing trays of meals and began to distribute platters. Everyone waited until everyone received their meals before they started to eat. Josh took out his phone and took a picture of the crab cake platter and took a couple of choice photos for his food blog. Stuffing it back into a pocket, he armed himself with knife and fork. He sliced into the crab cake and placed a portion into his mouth. He moaned in delight as the flavors sent sparkles into his brain, "Oishii."

I'm just uniquely observant.

It was only then that it occurred to Matthew, with Josh being a werewolf he could have picked up on things normal humans wouldn't. Why am I just thinking about that now? It also occurred to him that no everyone knew about what Josh was. Now he felt guilty for assuming that his whole family would know about it. He vaguely remembered Josh saying something about not even his best friend knowing, but he wasn't even sure. Limitations of the human mind. Only remembering what we want to remember. I sometimes even forget that Josh is a werewolf and never really think about it until he changes. This made Matthew feel even more guilty as the food was served and placed in front of him.

Looking at the dish, Matthew glanced at Josh's and then Josh himself and couldn't help but smile at the happy look the other had on his face. This is his day. I can't be thinking of myself and my own feelings. This is about Josh and whatever he wants.

He waited for everyone to start digging into their food before her started on his own. Taking the fork, he twirled it around to get some of the fettucine noodles on it before lifting it up and taking a bite. It was just how he had expected it to taste. Nothing extravagant, but it was nicely cooked and the sauce was creamy. Taking a bit of the chicken, it had some flavoring but nothing too over powering.

When it came to family dinners or dinners in large groups, Matthew had a habit of suddenly going quiet as he ate. This was something instilled in him when he was younger. 'No talking at the dinner table. Just sit there and eat your food.' His dad would always say. 'No elbows on the table.' His mother would say. This was only because, mainly for his dad anyway, that they had to eat and then get back outside finish up whatever work needed to be done for the day and get the horses back into the barn and make sure everything was locked up.

I think maybe I'm getting homesick. I'll call mom tomorrow.

The look on Eiji's face was priceless when he saw Vincenzo's version of chicken nuggets. They were the same size as those fast food nuggets he was familiar with but the texture was all wrong. His face scrunched up in confusion. They smell nice though. He was about to pick one up, when his dad said "Whoa there Eiji. Let me cut those up for you." The little boy frowned as his dad took the cutlery and cut the four nuggets in half. The boy then was allowed to go ahead and eat. These were very different nuggets, but they were incredibly yummy. He dipped them in the tomato sauce and crammed them into his mouth. "Mommy? Can we come back here?" His mother said, "Maybe someday on the way to visit Uncle Tomokazu."

Josh's nostrils were on full alert as they took in all the scents of his meal but the meals of all the others. His relatives and Brett were used to this strange behavior, but they didn't know why. His grandparents had entree sized salads, the same house salad except his grandpa had a piece of salmon on his while his grandma had grilled chicken. His dad had the shrimp pasta while his mother had the spaghetti primavera.

As a small child, Josh's parents debated whether or not they should tell the rest of the family. Suppose he shifts during a family gettogether? The first time was when they had hunkered down during a hurricane which shattered their minds. What would the reaction be from the rest of their relatives? Do they also tell Takeo's relatives even though they are far away in Japan? They decided not to tell and took a gamble to believe their young son when he said that he knew that he had to appear to be a human boy, not a wolf boy, around others who were not his parents.

The child known as Josh didn't have much control over the shifts when he was about Eiji's age. There was no danger of him shifting around others, but sometimes he was incapable of shifting even if he wanted to. It was roughly when he was in the second grade did he have full control and easily shifted when he wanted to. His parents were then concerned that he might involuntarily transform when asleep, but that never happened either. Unknowing father and unknowing mother with only the word of a boy, observations, and deductions to guide them. They strongly believed that their boy was not alone in the world and that there were other werewolves out there, but they never encountered any.

Josh's family was mostly quiet except for brief questions directed to Brett about his father Chet's, campaign even though he wasn't deeply involved since he was away at university. He motioned to give him a moment so he wouldn't appear sloven because his parents were all about cleanliness and neatness and properness especially in gatherings such as this. "Pops is in the lead about fifteen percent from the guy in second place. Plus he has the outgoing mayor's support and that of the police union. Some people think that Pops is trying to buy the election with McPherson money." Annoyed grunt, "Ugh, whatever." Normally speaking, "Pops resigned as CFO last year as soon as he decided to throw his hat in the ring. Most funding has come from middle and lower class families. Final debate is in about ten days with a town hall format. We are cautiously optimistic. Anything can happen until then."

Last edited:
While eating, Matthew reflected. Dad should be moving cattle about now. Derek should be helping him. He didn't know why he was thinking of home all of a sudden but he imagine it was because Josh was surrounded by his family and catching up on lost moments and time with them. He honestly felt a bit out of place, everyone was wearing nice clothing where as he was wearing jeans and a button up. And it seemed like everyone had a successful life and/or grew up with a successful family. Was his family successful? Matthew didn't know. He'd like to think so, but he also remembered the times when they would hit a rough patch and just scrap by with what money they did have.

Ranching in all it's wonder was not always great. There were times when they didn't make any money at all. Taking a bite of his food, Matthew listened to Brett talk about his dad. He almost felt intimidated. No wonder Josh talks a lot about him. They're best friends... so why am I feeling jealous? Why the hell am I even feeling insecure? He took another bite. Oh right... we haven't really done anything. But that's normal for couples... right? He hated that his only experience was a horrible one. So he relatively had none when it came to relationships.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, he had put it on silent when they were getting ready to leave their dorm room. He ignored his phone by reaching into his pocket and pressing a button making it go to voice mail.

Minutes and minutes ticked by. Plates of food somewhat empty to nearly empty to all empty. Waiters came by to collect the plates. Everyone settled into talking some more. Not Eiji though. The little boy's head nodded and his eyes were half open. His head curled rested on his arms on the table and his mouth was slightly open.

Uncle Kunio asked, "So Ryota? Who's this Lance Leitner guy?" Josh hadn't anticipated that question and Brett was eager know also. While it seemed understandable that people there would know Josh because of his affinity for food, Kunio got the impression that there was more to it. Josh replied, "We're gym partners." Brett smirked, "Cheating on me eh? So how did that happen?" Josh looked at his curious family and then to Matthew. He didn't want to say anything bad so he had to be careful, "Our schedules don't line up so most of the time, I go work out alone. One night, we were of a handful left. He needed a spotter so I volunteered. It closed for the day and he wanted to know if I wanted to hang out afterwards so we headed to a dessert place called Sweet Vibes. He played quarterback for the Sutter High Sentinels. There was an attraction and he asked me if I wanted to meet up again, but I told him that I just wanted to be friends and gym partners, nothing more. He was fine with that and got with another local guy." Turning to Matthew, "I saw me with you, not me and him, in the long run." A hand over his boyfriend's.

Josh's mother said, "We should cut the cake before it gets to be too late. Brett, would you?" The blond man rises, "Yes ma'am." He opens the bock and gently lifts the cake and places in front of Josh. He places the two number candles. First the 1 and then the 9. Striking a match, he lights them up. Eiji is woken up and his face is sullen which vanishes when he sees the cake. He sings "Happy Birthday" alone. Josh often mused that his buddy's singing could give Hugh Jackman a run for his money. After he sings the entire song once, everyone else joins in. Josh wishes for a year of great memories with Matthew, wonderful memories. He blows out the candles and Brett gently removes them so he can carve up the cake. It's almost like seeing a surgeon at work, "Just like disassembling my grandpapa's old TV/VCR combo set". He looks at Matthew and his cheeks blush, "Long story. Suffice to say, Ariel was saved." He serves Josh the first slice and Matthew gets the second. He then goes around the table and only when everyone gets a slice, does he serve himself. There is enough for some to get a second serving or take home.

There are no presents. He had made this request. Just dinner with his parents and his boyfriend was enough. Uncle Kunio and his family's gift was the cake. His grandparents' attendance was just enough. His parents did pass him an envelope, "For you to open when you and Matthew get back to your room. Time for pictures."

The plan is to take group pictures against the wall. First will be just Josh and Matthew, second will be the with Josh's parents, third with Brett on the other side of Josh. A picture with Uncle Kunio and his family with Josh holding Eiji in his arms, then a picture with his grandparents follow. Although Matthew is someone they just met, they want him to be included in these pictures also.

After these photos are taken, it is nearly 9pm and it is time to draw the special evening to a close. Takeo Nakayama is given the bill and pays for the dinner and gets back the receipt. Once everyone makes sure they have all their persona belongings, his Uncle and his family with Josh's grandparents leave first since it is well after Eiji's bedtime.

It is now just down Josh, his parents, Matthew and Brett. They stand outside the restaurant. What about him? "I'm going to bum a ride with your folks back to the hotel. I took the town trolley here."

A valet comes by and gets the claim ticket. The Honda comes around and the group of five enter and head back to the dorm.

During the dinner, there were different conversations going on. But one in particular, Matthew paid attention to when the name Lance was mentioned. He paused in his eating as he watched Josh weight his answer and answer carefully. And Matthew wasn't sure how he felt about it. So he did like him... enough to want to date him. They had more in common, so why did he settle for me... the country bumpkin? When there was a better candidate out there, is that why he looked at me funny before. Because I got the guy he wanted?

Matthew was brought out of his thoughts and made to focus when his hand was taken. He looked at Josh with an unreadable expression as he tried to remember what Josh just said to him. He put on a soft smile and leaned over and kissed Josh's cheek and whispered in his ear. "I'm glad you chose me..." He pulled back a bit just enough to give Josh another kiss, though this one was just a chaste kiss to the lips before he leaned back in his seat. It was only then he realized what he did in front of his boyfriend's family. His face flushed in slight embarrassment, almost too afraid to look at everyone. Afraid to see their facial expressions as he went back to his dinner.

When the cake was brought to Josh with lighted candles, Matthew sang along when everyone else started to sing. The rest of the evening went by smoothly and before he knew what was really happening the evening came to a close. People started slowly trickling out and just the main group plus Brett were left. Climbing into the car was fun, Matthew was sandwiched between two buff guys in the back seat, one of them being his boyfriend. The blonde rested against his boyfriend, holding his hand and lacing their fingers together as he let his head rest on Josh's shoulder. He was tired, but not tired enough to fall asleep yet.

When they arrived back at the dorm, goodbyes and 'see you next time's' were said. "It was nice meeting you Brett." Matthew said to Josh's best friend. He knew if he and Josh were still together that he would be more talkative the next time he meets Brett. It was always first meetings that he never really talked much, always trying to get a feel for others. He was like that with Josh when they first met, but at the same time he wasn't.

Getting back inside, Matthew exhaled as he couldn't really wait to get out of his clothes. Especially his shirt as he unbuttoned a few of the top buttons before pulling the long sleeve shirt up and over his head leaving his top half bare. Sitting down on his bed, his boots were next to come off. "It was nice meeting everyone. They're all really nice."

Josh's relatives shook Matthew's hand as they filed out, except for Eiji who was tuckered out. His head was perched atop his dad's shoulder and he sleepily exclaimed, "Bye bye".

Brett's eyes darted around to absorb more of Sutter as they returned to Selby Hall. Mr. Eugene Meyers, the chauffeur that his dad had hired, wanted to take him on to the restaurant. However, Brett insisted that Mr. Meyers take the evening off and he would see him again in the morning. The young man wanted to take the trolley so that he could see more of Sutter. At the same time, Mr. Meyers felt uncomfortable of leaving his employer's son to fend for himself. The compromise was that he could ride the trolley but Mr. Meyers would shadow him until he got to the restaurant. Back home, he occasionally used public transportation unless there was a strong need to take his teal Rubicon out. A memory of last year surfaced, "Ryo? Do you remember that time we went to the mall last spring?"

Motivated by their intertwined fingers, Josh wrapped his arm around Matthew's shoulder to hold him close. He looked at his best buddy, "Yea." Brett chuckled, "We sure got soaked, didn't we?" Josh replied with a sly smile, "We sure did." He snuggled against Matthew to explain themselves, "We made a day of it and rode the bus to the mall. On the way back, we took a different bus. Well Houston being Houston, it started to rain unexpectedly. Heavily." Brett continued, "We had no umbrella or jackets so the bus let us off about about five blocks away from home. So we hightailed it. Plenty of trees along the way, still got soaked." Josh said, "We regrouped at my place to dry off since it was closer to the bus stop." Brett again, "In his room, Ryo tuns on the radio and what should play?" They both excitedly declare in unison while looking at Matthew, "Here Comes the Rain Again by the Eurythmics." The two guys on either side of Matthew burst out laughing. Josh's parents sigh. They did try to warn there son that there was a storm coming.

The SUV turned a familiar corner, the last before the dorm until the vehicle came to a crawl and then a stop. Brett replied, "Nice to meet you also Matthew. Maybe during Spring Break, we can meet up." He takes out a pen and a little notepad to write. He presents it to Matthew, "Here's my contact information in case you want to add me as a contact. No pressure." Josh's dad said, "Don't forget the box in the back with the rest of your drawings." His mother then said, "and the envelope." Josh, "I won't. Love you Tosan. Love you Mom." He undid his buckle and stooped over the back seat to lean into the truck area to fetch the box full of alluring drawings. He opened it up and saw that they were all there. He pondered what was inside the envelope but did what his parents told him. He would open the envelope once they returned to the room.

Stepping inside and locking it behind them, Josh saw that Matthew had the right idea. He unbuttoned his shirt and placed it back in the closet. He then stooped down and took off his shoes and put them away before pulling his socks off. He unzipped his slacks and stored them away. In just briefs, he headed to his dresser and put on a pair of gym shorts. Nothing else since it was close to bedtime. He looks up and said, "Thank you. That was very unexpected of my parents to have invited the rest of my family and Brett. Sorry if you got overwhelmed. Did you see the look on my face?" He picked up the envelope and said, "Let's take a look shall we?" He gets next to Matthew so they can look at the contents together.

Josh's fingers gingerly opened it up and peered inside. It appeared to be two photos. He reached in and took them out. Well my posters got framed. Oishii. Delicious. Next to his framed picture of his Senior class varsity team, was the signed poster of the five member band Nova Dream. Then there was the one of him. Above his desk, there was the framed signed poster of Yusuke Watanabe. There he is wearing red pants, matching jacket and white shirt unbuttoned halfway. His black hair is curtained and he has an enchanting smile plus a nice round rear end. All the guys were hot, but Yusuke was the one that Josh was drawn to the most. His mind becomes hazy with desire before he snaps out of it. He blushes and puts them back in the envelope which he then placed in the them in his desk's drawer. "Be right back." He dashes into the bathroom. The door closes so he could use the facility. After a flush, he then opens it up before he brushes his teeth with his electric toothbrush.

Last edited:
Looking at the piece of paper in his hand that Brett placed, without really much thought, he added the contact into his phone and sent a short message. Hey, this is Matt. It was really nice meeting you. He pressed send. Looking up at Josh, Matthew smiled, "You don't have to thank me. And I wasn't really overwhelmed, but more... taken by surprised and not prepared." It was half true since he was also overwhelmed, but he didn't want Josh to feel bad. Looking at the envelope with Josh, it wasn't what he thought was inside. He had half expected it to be a letter of sorts or anything else really other than pictures. More over he wasn't really sure what he had expected.

While Josh opened the items he got from his parents, Matthew didn't miss the look Josh gave and couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. Sighing as he watched the other rush into the bathroom, Matthew took the small opportunity to change out of his pants and into a pair of boxers since the pants didn't really allow him to wear anything under them. He had just pulled his boxers over his ass as the bathroom door was opened. He may like me enough to date me... but is he attracted to me? I've pretty much initiated things... he's only reciprocated... I think. There may have been a handful of times he's started something, but it's been so few and far between. Matthew sighed as he sat back down on his bed and moved to lay down on top of the covers. He unconsciously rubbed at his chest as he continued to think. I think I'll just wait for him to start something.

He wasn't sure why, but recently he's began to feel inadequate. Josh being attracted and going on a date with Lance and other guys he was probably more compatible with. Then Josh being attracted to some band members, but then again who wasn't? The only time we really spend together is meals when we can meet up, the dorm, and the off chance we actually have free time. But usually with that Josh is going to the gym or church, depending on the day. Ugh why am I letting this bother me, he said he chose me and he saw himself with me, so why... Matthew didn't even know.

Thoughts swirled inside Josh's brain just like the mouthwash inside his mouth. I hope it wasn't too much. Was it too much? I like my family, I really do. It's just that I thought it would be just my parents. I think it worked out well enough for a first encounter. Brett and Matthew seemed to get along. It would just break me if they hadn't.

Josh turned off the light and entered the bedroom. Today had been a long day. Now it's just us time. He approaches Matthew and climbs onto his bed, nudging him aside so that there's room. He places his right arm across his boyfriend's chest and leg atop Matthew's, "I hope you enjoyed yourself tonight even though it was awkward meeting the rest of my family and Brett. I really though it was just going to be my parents." He just lays there enjoying being with Matthew. His phone dingswhich breaks the mood. Who's messaging me?

Josh climbs out of the bed and wobbles to his desk. He picks up the phone and sees Lance's text, [Hope you enjoyed the cake for your party. I oversaw its construction. Usually my parents handle that, but I wanted to do it because it was for you. I didn't know it was going to be your birthday until your parents put the order in. Imagine my surprise when Mom told me. I know it's short notice, but Rolando and I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out at Wishes to celebrate. Matthew too if he wants to hang.] Josh didn't even need to think about it. While a part of him was interested in seeing what this club was like, he already had plans for tonight. His fingers typed, [I enjoyed the cake a bunch and so did the rest of us. Thank you for the invite, but sorry. Not tonight. Maybe some other time.]

Josh sets the phone back down to return to Matthew, "Just Lance wanting to know if we wanted to go to clubbing at Wishes. I said no. I just want to be with you tonight. Just you." He gets back on the bed and resumes the half body on Matthew pose.

At the sound of the light switch, Matthew tilted his head and looked at Josh. His silently watched him with his eyes only to smile when his boyfriend joined him on his bed. He reached up and took Josh's hand and kissed his palm before shifting and getting a bit more comfortable. "I had a good time too. And Brett is a nice guy and I really did like meeting your family..." He trailed off as Josh got up to get to his phone. Matthew sigh as he turned onto his side, He was probably asked to go somewhere and he's going.

He looked at Josh when he spoke and had a surprised look on his face. "Really?" He asked as he accommodated Josh laying on him again. "I'd thought you'd want to go. I wouldn't want to be the one holding you back from going with your friends." He said as he let his hand slide down Josh's side. Internally he was really happy that Josh had declined the invite to stay with him.

Josh looked into Matthew's eyes as he stroked the side of his face, "Really really." He then sat up, "It'd be nice to go one day just to say that I've been to a gay club. Clubbing just isn't my thing. Sensory overload." It was one thing to be in crowds under ordinary circumstances. It was another to be in a place with pounding music, frantic lights, and bouncing hormones. "I'm afraid to go to a place like that. I've only been to a pride parade once and that was by accident."

Josh drapes an arm around Matthew to recount what had happened, "It was when I was 16. My parents and I went out to eat at a place called Dominion Bistro. It used to be a gas station in the 50s, then vacant for about 15 years, until someone came along and turned it into an Italian restaurant. They're known for their coffee and the cakes. Can't forget about those cake slices. Those things are so big, two people can eat one. Naturally, I can eat a whole slice by myself. It would be nice to share a slice with you though. So anyhow, we were running around doing errands until early evening and went there to eat dinner. Well, we got stuck because they were blocking off streets so we stayed for the entire parade. I undid my hairband, rolled up my sleeves and immersed myself in the crowd while my parents sat back at the table for some couple time."

He sighs and rests his head against Matthew, "I could have gone to other parades, but I didn't want to go by myself. Parents don't count. I wanted a boyfriend to go with me but I didn't have anyone. I know it's not the same, but the town's having their annual pumpkin parade last Saturday of the month. Extra special this year because it's also Halloween. Please Matthew? May we go?"

Matthew smiled and turned his head to kiss Josh's palm. "Hm... well if you do decide to go. I'll go with you and we'll stick together. I've been to a few, but that was when I..." He sighed. "When.. I was with Jason." He didn't want to go anymore into it and ruin the night. That was something to be talked about at a later date. He laid there listening to Josh as he talked about his time at a parade.

"Never been to a parade." He said only to look at Josh as his question. Matthew couldn't help but smile. He's being cute. "We can go." He said as his smile turned into a grin. "How can I say no when you ask so nicely?" He said as he gently took hold of Josh's chin. Screw it. I can't wait around for him to kiss me. Matthew leaned in and pressed his lips against his boyfriend's.

Josh's hand gripped the sheets when he heard that name, that despised name. A frown followed by a slight lupine growl which was followed by regret, "Sorry. Didn't mean to growl." It wasn't that he was upset that Matthew mentioned that name. He was angry that Matthew had been savagely attacked by that guy. His anger was that profound. Even obnoxious teammate Preston Donner didn't provoke such a feeling. He breathed deeply and rubbed his cheeks.

Talk of being 16 again and attending the parade soothed his fury and had vanished back to the recesses of his mind once he thought about the pumpkin parade. Town decorations were already starting to appear in the town square. At the center of the square was the statue of town founder Frederick Sutter, a bespectacled man studying the floret of broccoli in his hand. He brought along a dozen families, mostly German, to this land with his own family. Among them was one of Lance's ancestors, Reinhardt Leitner.

In the town square, on the last Saturday of every October, the town held a Halloween festival full of fun and games such as a cake-walk. The festival ended late afternoon and then it was time for the pumpkin parade. "Yay!" Josh said no more, could say no more because his lips were attached to Matthew's. As he bathed his boyfriend with hungry kisses, his fingers brushed gently against Matthew's chest.

Matthew pressed more into the kiss before he pulled away and scooted down a bit he kiss at Josh's neck. "I kind of like it when you growl." He said against his boyfriend's neck as he wrapped his arm around the other. He then ran his hand down Josh's back as he continued to work on his boyfriend's neck before he moved back up to his lips. As he did this, Matthew, slipped his leg between his boyfriend's and pressed against him.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is not to just push you down and have my way with you?" The blonde said as he looked at his boyfriend. "I have thoughts about it, you know? You just.. laying there with me on top of you." I won't do anything you don't want. It was then that he realized what he was saying and his face flushed. "I... Heh.. probably too much. Huh?" I don't dare tell him about the dream's I've been having. Maybe it's just because we haven't really done anything.

Growing up, Josh have had exhibited many wolf behaviors such as growling or catching live prey to feast on. One thing he had never done was howl. Correction. He could make growling and howling noises like the human who pretends. True wolf growling? Yes. True wolf howling? Not once in his whole life. One day, he would howl. When the time was right, he would howl true.

Thoughts of loneliness were quelled by Matthew's companionship as he reveled in his boyfriend's wandering hands and his body reacted naturally. Josh held Matthew against his body as his head. "I do. I have those same desires. Just with me on top though. Someday though. I've thought more about you touching these" Josh's hand brush against his pecs "and these" hands feeling each of his arms " and these" fingers rolling along the abs. His arms never strayed below his waistline because he reluctant to engage in more intense forms of pleasure.

Josh displayed a toothy grin, "Maybe but no one else is here to hear."

(So sorry for the super late reply. I will understand if you do not want to continue.)

Looking at Josh, Matthew couldn't help but smile. He bit his lip as his eyes followed Josh's hands. Someday. It rang in Matthew's head the whole time he watched Josh and Matthew was willing to wait for him. That was how much he liked his boyfriend. "Hm..." Matthew shifted and moved Josh so that he was on his back. He then straddled Josh's thighs. "This is what I meant with me on top. But.." Matthew looked down at Josh and placed his hands on his boyfriend's abs. "I can definitely appreciate this part.." He was talking about the upper half of Josh's body, ".. until you're ready for the other."

He slowly moved his hands up, feeling the abs until his hands made contact with Josh's pecs and gave them a light squeeze before moving to his arms and squeezing the muscled limbs. "Oh yeah, I can definitely do that." He then leaned down and gave Josh a chaste kiss to the lips.

Josh mewled, "Thank you." The words held a double meaning. He was grateful that Matthew was wiling to wait for a more intense version of intimacy. The second was more sensual. A certain energy flowed through him as Matthew felt his muscles. Some of his teammates used to brag about the thrill of being lavished upon in this way. Preferring the company of other males, he had been bereft of the knowledge of such encounters and it was clear he was enjoying his boyfriend's touch. Josh reach around with his arms and held Matthew against him and felt his back. He nuzzled the right side of Matthew's neck with his head, "You are so awesome to me." He took another look at Matthew with glad eyes, Good nigh and pleasant dreams". Another nuzzle and held Matthew against him as he fell asleep.

Sunday morning came and Josh had a quickie breakfast of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a large glass of milk. It was then batten down the hatches for him as he prepared for the crucial midterm he had for Dr. Singh's class on Tuesday. He was doing really well in the class and didn't want to disappoint. He stored away all his fun things and didn't even head to the gym. He only paused for mealtime. Then it was right back to studies with the rest of his time devoted to his other classes. If Sunday was a first run TV show, Monday was the rerun except for the addition of classes. Plus, special birthday mail from his relatives overseas.

On the morning of Tuesday, October 13, Josh was very snug in his bead after another night of hardcore studying when his phone rang, cleaving the silence. His voice moaned and his hand searched for his phone, "What time is it?" Hand made contact with phone and he held it up to his ear. A yawning, “Yes?” A boisterous male voice in the Kansai dialect, “Happy Birthday Ryota!” Josh rubs his eyes as he switches to Japanese, “Daisuke? Is that you?” His cousin exclaims, “Sure is. I know it's quite early where you are and that we and our grandparents sent you birthday mail but I wanted to give you a birthday call.” Josh switches the phone to speaker phone. He yawns widely and looks at Matthew, then at the time. It's about 6:30am. Josh sleepily smiles, “Arigato Gozaimasu.” The two cousins chat excitedly for several minutes. Daisuke is interested in what’s in store for Josh today. The young man replies, “Got a midterm exam with my Biology professor in about an hour. I studied pretty much all day yesterday and the day before. I think I’m ready. I hope I’m ready.” It has reached 7am and his Tuesday alarm, Roundabout by the band Yes, starts going off. Although he has shut it off, Daisuke gets the idea. “Here you are beginning your day and I’m finishing mine. I’m not going to keep you any longer. You have a wonderful day. Lots of love.” Josh replies, “Good night.” One more farewell and the call ends. He looks at Matthew and translates what that was all about, “Cousin Daisuke calling to wish me a happy birthday. Since I’m already up and I have an intense exam soon, I’m going to take a quickie shower.”

Josh snatches some underwear and a pair of jeans and dives into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Scrub scrub here, lather lather there, and top it off with a rinse and a towel off. Josh pulls up his briefs and exits. He opens his closet and starts putting comfortable clothes on. Turning to Matthew, "I hope I’m ready for that mondo exam with Dr. Singh.” He was probably fretting for nothing. He felt that he wouldn’t be ready and he wouldn’t do well, but history had shown that he never made anything lower than an 80 in any quiz or test that Dr. Singh had dished out.

Over a quick breakfast of granola cluster cereal, Josh gets some more studying in before he looks at his watch. "Time to go." He closes his book and gets his backpack ready. After lacing up his shoes, he wraps his arms around Matthew, "Wish me luck? I hope we see for lunch and if not, then dinner. Regardless, have a good and safe day.” After sharing a succulent kiss, he grabs his backpack and dashes off to his class. Josh is one of the first to enter and others file in while Dr. Singh looks at his watch like a hawk. Once class has started, he has closed the door. Woe unto those that didn’t make it in on time. He passes around the exam papers and commands, “Begin.”

Josh directs the sum of attention on the packet in front of him. The first part of the midterm is multiple choice and true/false questions. He looks at the questionnaire and starts to fill in the bubbles on a scan sheet. His phone starts buzzing and so do those of other students. Dr. Singh is not immune from this and his phone buzzes also. Their professor looks at the screen and raises an eyebrow in amused befuddlement. He sets the phone back down and keeps his alert eyes on the students. All the while, phones keep buzzing away. Josh’s seems the most energetic. Probably just birthday greetings.

It is now onto the essay portion for Josh. First question and then answer. Second question and then answer. Third question and then answer. Read, write, and repeat. Josh reviews all his answers and deciding that he has answered to the best of his knowledge, he places his test face down and waits. Dr. Singh preferred to keep all students inside until the class was over. There would be no leaving for those that finished early. Exam or not, you stay until you are dismissed. Be prepared to bring a book, one not relating to Biology, to pass the time. Josh took out a small sketchpad and started to doodle to occupy himself.

His professor's watch is brought out again as the minutes wind down. Dr. Singh indicates how much time the students have left to complete the exam and then, “Time. Set your pen and pencils down and pass your papers to the left. The three rows of students complied, and their professor collected their work. He goes to the door and amiably opens it for them, “Until we meet again, safe journey.” Josh and the others collected their belongings and headed out the room and the building so he can find a place to sit down to check his phone to see what the hubbub was about.

Last edited:
Joshua's birthday came and went. And the time to study for midterms came along with it. Matthew was sleeping in his bed soundly only to groan and roll over as Josh's phone started to ring. "Too early.." he muttered. Of course now that he was awake he couldn't get back to sleep. Sitting up, his hair stuck out in odd places as he looked over at Josh with a slight frown. He wasn't angry, he just didn't want to be awake from studying all night. He rubbed his eyes and scratched his head a bit, messing up his hair even more. As the cousins talked, Matthew reluctantly got out of bed and went into the bathroom, flushing the toilet and washing his hands once he was done.

Coming out of the bathroom, Matthew lightly scratched at the scar on his chest, not for any particular reason other than it itched a bit. "Hm." Was he only reply to Josh when he explained what the call was for. It was obvious Matthew didn't want to be awake as he yawned and sat back down on his bed trying to wake up. That's what he gets for staying up until 2 in the morning studying. He sat there dozing off until the next thing he knew he was being pulled into a hug and kissed. "Hm." He kisses Josh back and hugged his back. "Good luck." He said being able to sneak in another kiss before his boyfriend left for his exams.

Once Josh was out, Matthew climbed back into bed, not having his exam until a few hours later. He was hoping to get some more sleep in. And more sleep he got. He woke a few hours later, showered and got dressed before heading to his exam. He didn't even check his phone since he had it on silent. Though as he walked the campus, Matthew noticed quite a few people looking at their phones. What is going on? Taking his phone out, Matthew checked it to what it was all about.

Josh’s eyes scanned the area as he stood outside the doors of Weiss Hall, the science building, and found a nearby bench. He sat down and took out his phone. There were several texts from both his parents and just as many voicemail messages. As he mulled over which he wanted to review first, a couple students passed by. One guffawed, “Who’s next, Dracula’s daughter?” The other made grunting noises and hand swipes in imitation of the Frankenstein creature. The two kept chortling as they continued their way.

Josh rolled his eyes as he decided to clear the voicemails first. The tone of the first messages were urgent, but the message was without detail. Both in English and in Japanese, they wanted him to call them as soon as possible. As each message passed, they became increasingly frantic. However, no details were provided until he moved onto the last voicemail and text. The last voicemail, which was from his mom, was reserved. Her solemn voice, “Sorry Joshua for sending you all these messages, but I now realize that you are probably in class.” She only calls me Joshua if I did something bad. What have I done wrong? He continued to listen to her, “I wish your dad and I could be there with you for you. I have emailed you a link that you need to check. When you can, please call. We love you very much.” With the message at an end, he checked his email.

All the color in Josh’s face drained away as he read the news article he was forwarded. He looked up another reputable news source and another. American journalism, Japanese reporting. Across the various news channels and the most reputable newspapers from around the world, what he had always dreamed of and dreaded was being covered. He selected a video and watched.

A British reporter, “This was the scene in Amiens forty-five minutes ago.” The video switches to footage of a middle-aged man stepping up to a podium in a courtyard. He was flanked by a young man and woman who stood by a flagpole bereft of adornment. The time is late afternoon. From his accent, he appears to be Russian or from similar region. “Good afternoon. My neighbors, my name is Leonid Pastukhov. For ages, mankind has looked to the stars and has wondered if we are alone in the universe. Today, I am here to tell you that we are not alone. You are not alone. We have been with you during your triumphs and we have been with you during your tribulations. My neighbors, I introduce myself as the spokesman for the Bedburg Gathering.”

Any confusion would have been natural. Why would a Russian man speak on behalf of an unknown German-sounding organization whose headquarters were based in a French city? Pastukhov went on, “You have not heard of us and yet we are known to you. My neighbors, I am a werewolf and I speak on behalf of our organization which represents our brethren all over the world. Today, the Gathering has decreed that the Stumpp Code is hereby repealed. From this time forward, it will be a personal decision on who we share our identities with.”

Behind the man, a flag is raised bearing the image of a human hand shaking a werewolf’s hand. The hands are connected to wrists. These wrists are joined to just one arm which forms a circle, with that arm becoming furry midway. This logo is against a cobalt blue background. Beneath it are words in Latin, “Lupus et Homo unum sunt” meaning “Wolf and Man are one.”

It would have been natural to dismiss this as a bunch of hooey, but something gave the reporters reason to reconsider. As the bodies of the three became clad in wolf fur, their human heads had been supplanted by the lupine. Josh's eyes refused to blink. Not even once. For the first time in his life, he had seen another werewolf shift. Pastukhov with black fur and streaks of grey looks directly at the camera, “To our brethren, I advise caution and be mindful of those who you reveal yourself to. To the rest of humanity, we are not the boogeymen of fiction. We are doctors, police officers, teachers, more. We are just like you. Let us, wolf and human, journey to the future together hand in hand.” Josh had seen enough. He breathed deeply, his mind trying to process what he had seen in the video clip and from the other news agencies.

The proverbial genie had been let out of the bottle. In the time since Pastukhov's announcement, notable people and those who were not as famous were taking to various social media platforms to announce that they were also werewolves. They did as Pastukhov had done and showed their wolf faces to varying degrees. Some changed their heads completely. Most others, however, exhibited the wolf-shaped ears with gold hued eyes and pronounced cuspids combo that Josh usually displayed when it was just him and Matthew in their room. It was a mostly human look with enough lupine features to show that they were clearly not human.

Any notion of trying to take back this historic revelation quickly evaporated. Too many had revealed themselves in too public of media to go back.

A brand-new message greeted him. This one came through MakoWatch which was Magin University’s app which served to notify the campus community about various occurrences. It was fully customizable based on user preference. Josh wanted to be notified of sports, canceled classes, and crimes. He taps on the inbound alert. University President Kathryn West sits behind the desk normally occupied by student anchors of the school’s news channel, “To our students and staff, I speak with you briefly about today's events. In light of this unprecedented news, we have suspended classes for the rest of the day. Classes are to resume tomorrow. All students and staff are advised to keep calm. To the werewolves of our community, I ask that you be careful about who you share your natures with. To everyone else, do not judge them for keeping their existence a secret. Above all, treat the werewolves as you would any human.” He closed this video.

Josh sent a quick text to his parents, [Just got out of class and saw the news. I am doing well, all things considered. University Pres has canceled classes for the rest of the day. I’m heading back to my room. I will call later. Love, R.]

The image of that cherished room entered his mind and gave him peace. Josh stood up and headed back to Selby Hall with a dazed look in his eyes as if on autopilot. He needed a safe place where he could reflect. Above all, he wanted to be comforted by his boyfriend. Please God. Please let Matthew be there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back