• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pharaoh's Soliloquy | OOC

Hmm... But, well, he is a bit of a short-tempered man. The junk-shooting is mostly an instinctive reaction — blame the war — but I think the actions afterwards were more of a out-of-character moment.

I'll edit it right away.

Just how is Clay going to apologize to a man after shooting his dick off?

Oh, and how was my post? Did Guy do well?

Just how is Clay going to apologize to a man after shooting his dick off?

Oh, and how was my post? Did Guy do well?

That's just about it. And Clay's gonna think that he killed the man.

He's gonna have to go into hiding for a few weeks.

Oh, yes, I edited the post. Made it more natural, and implied a sense of guilt. Only implied. Clay is, more or less, very hardened by the great war.

And I'm gonna read your post. By the title, I'm assuming that they're going to run for their lives now. Their lives all right, with Remy in tow.

That's just about it. And Clay's gonna think that he killed the man.

He's gonna have to go into hiding for a few weeks.

Oh, yes, I edited the post. Made it more natural, and implied a sense of guilt. Only implied. Clay is, more or less, very hardened by the great war.

And I'm gonna read your post. By the title, I'm assuming that they're going to run for their lives now. Their lives all right, with Remy in tow.

*Waits in anticipation*

I'm gonna have to sleep shortly but I just want to see what ya think.

*Waits in anticipation*

I'm gonna have to sleep shortly but I just want to see what ya think.

Oh no, so much emotions!!!

Jokes aside, it was pretty good. Highlighted some of the more... intense side effects of war. Gave depth to Guy, I must say.

But, once a crowd gets riled up, they DAMN GET RILED UP. Don't worry, I'm sure there's a conveniently placed alleyway nearby.

Oh no, so much emotions!!!

Jokes aside, it was pretty good. Highlighted some of the more... intense side effects of war. Gave depth to Guy, I must say.

But, once a crowd gets riled up, they DAMN GET RILED UP. Don't worry, I'm sure there's a conveniently placed alleyway nearby.

Good! Several days of headaches was worth it after all. I spent so much time trying to figure out what to post next, and I nearly gave up so I just tried to get in a post.

Guy is a professional, he's dedicated to his job, and he really wants to protect the people around him. He really goes out of his way to look after everybody even if they are a pain in the ass. Too bad he's got to escape death from the people he's trying to save.

Oh well, time to go to the alleyways then.

OK, TIME TO SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP.

I was thinking of introducing this Lieutenant Alexander character as a villain in the State Army.

His father's an Elite in Atlanta city, and that's is why Alexander mostly gets off the hook. I've told you before that he's blasted right into a secret liquor store and gunned down several citizens in the process which caused stirred public outrage. As a result, Alex is not given any big shot commands and the only people he controls is a platoon of soldiers.

Alex and Guy have polar opposite personalities. While Guy cares about people, Alex doesn't give a shit. While Guy is a professional, Alex is a slacker. While Guy is almost devoid of any humor, Alex is a jokester.

Whatcha think?

I was thinking of introducing this Lieutenant Alexander character as a villain in the State Army.

His father's an Elite in Atlanta city, and that's is why Alexander mostly gets off the hook. I've told you before that he's blasted right into a secret liquor store and gunned down several citizens in the process which caused stirred public outrage. As a result, Alex is not given any big shot commands and the only people he controls is a platoon of soldiers.

Alex and Guy have polar opposite personalities. While Guy cares about people, Alex doesn't give a shit. While Guy is a professional, Alex is a slacker. While Guy is almost devoid of any humor, Alex is a jokester.

Whatcha think?

Pree-tay good. I can think of him becoming some sort of arch-enemy towards Guy — Alex could be motivated by jealousy, or maybe even wrath. Seems kinda like it.

Pree-tay good. I can think of him becoming some sort of arch-enemy towards Guy — Alex could be motivated by jealousy, or maybe even wrath. Seems kinda like it.

Alex and Guy: The Prince and the Pauper

Yeah, though Alexander would declare Guy as his archenemy no. 2 (his #1 archenemy is Odysseus) Guy wouldn't even notice. You can expect them to band together when they are confronted with a threat that endangers the State Army, but they're likely to go through teeth-clenched teamwork. (Which means they fight each other as much as they fight the enemy.)

Even the personalities and backgrounds of their teams are different. Guy's soldiers are typically up-and-coming commoners that are using the Army as a springboard to reach a higher social status. A few of them are veterans from the Great War that have seen their share of action. Some of them are idealists that want to change the world. While others are mostly normal people that view the Army as just a phase of their life, they get to play soldier for a while in exchange of a pay check.

Guy has spent nearly a decade in the Army, and so far it's gained him recognition from his superiors since he has a reputation of a war hero in the Great War. This makes Alexander green with envy, because Guy actually accomplished something in his life. In reality, Alex just wants to become more like Guy, but Alex can't bring himself to admit it. Alex pretends to look down at Guy when Alex actually looks up to him. Like, he say, he pretends to sneer at Guy for being a commoner, but he admires Guy for making it this far without any help.

It would be better if Alex and Guy were friends, but Alex is just so damn jealous of Guy, and Guy doesn't pay much attention to Alex that such a relationship might not take place at all.

Guy's squad relentlessly practice with their weapons, and they are thoroughly familiar with the military life since Guy makes sure they get the education they need. They are vigilant for any signs of danger since they have been warned that the city is a dangerous place to live in. They are competent in the use of a variety of weapons, and they are handy to have in a fight. But despite being good fighters, they're pretty much useless doing other things.

Alex's soldiers have High and Elite backgrounds. They're basically rich people that are knocked down a peg or two. Some of them are runaways that don't want to handle the responsibilities of being an Elite. Others are the bastards of rich people that have been discarded. Some have been disowned and they are unable to get their inheritances. Some joined the Army to see the world one last time before going back home. Whoever they are, most of them are outcasts that don't belong anywhere except with Alex's gang. They're lost without the gang and Alex, and they pretty much have nowhere else to go, so they have each other's backs.

So despite their members having a chronic backstabbing disorder by repeatedly betraying everyone else, they are truly loyal to Alex and the gang.

Alex himself is the third son of an Elite, his father only allowed him to join the military because his siblings can take care of the business without his help. He's virtually hated by everyone else except by his own gang. Guy thinks they're just a band of thugs and useless rich pretty boys that are better left off alone. They have caused nothing but trouble so far, and they run a secret underground black market by stealing equipment from the supply depot.

Alex's gang are a shady bunch that can get anything in this city through the use of their vast underground trading network, they have several spies under their paycheck to monitor the activities of certain factions, and they've got a lot of money from their High and Elite families. They're a formidable force to deal with because they have a lot of resources to back up their operations.

That said, they aren't good fighters and they will frequently get their asses kicked without using their vast supply of weapons.

If Guy's squad and Alex's gang will ever team up, Guy and his squad will frequently do most of the fighting while Alex and his gang will sit back and smoke a few cigars. When Guy complains that they have not contributed anything to the fight, Alex will point out that Guy is using their weapons, so they should shut up.

To further highlight the difference between Guy and Alex, I'll cite one more example. They once had to interrogate a suspect together.

Without realizing it, they played the Good Cop / Bad Cop routine with Guy acting as the Good Cop that promised the suspect that he would get to go home if he just told them what needed to be said and Alex acted as the Bad Cop, repeatedly assaulting the suspect and beating him with fists full of money and threatening him with certain death.

(By the way, Guy told Alex not to be too rough on the suspect, so that's why Alex wrapped dollar bills around his fist to "cushion" the blow.)

Hey, where is everybody!?

GUYS!

Don't leave me hanging here....

This RP has died... Oh, well, I still had a pree-tay good time here.

Just poor GMing, too lenient a conduct, and weak choice in category — had done that unwittingly — destroyed it.

Shit.

This RP has died... Oh, well, I still had a pree-tay good time here.

Just poor GMing, too lenient a conduct, and weak choice in category — had done that unwittingly — destroyed it.

Shit.

Whatever, I'm still here anyway.

Wanna turn this into a 1x1 roleplay? Or should we tag everyone here so we can start this roleplay back up?

I came here because the GM of my last two roleplays left, and I'm not about to lose another roleplay. Not again! Jeez, guys.

I'll probably make another RP about the great depression, a la grapes of wrath.

If that's the case, can I bring some of my old characters from this roleplay? I'm tired of seeing my characters not undergoing some good old character development. It sucks to continually churn out characters that will never really be used.

True. This is probably a 1X1 by now, judging by the fact that the others aren't quite vigorous as the two of us. Not very vigorous at all.

And anyway, I just want to start out on a clean slate again — fresh plot, fresh setting and stuff.

True. This is probably a 1X1 by now, judging by the fact that the others aren't quite vigorous as the two of us. Not very vigorous at all.

And anyway, I just want to start out on a clean slate again — fresh plot, fresh setting and stuff.

They did come up with interesting characters though. I think it's a real shame that they didn't really decide to push through with them.

Edward Tahoma, that bearded madman that was obsessed with tea would really give us insights into the nefarious effects of TEA.

Xing, the Chinese actress, would give us a glimpse into imperialism.

Odysseus, the city's most wanted terrorist, would have helped us stepped into the shoes of the revolutionaries. And oh, Oddy seems like a crazy awesome character as well, so it's a real shame...

Clay, a former soldier, would have told us of his experiences during the Great War. Plus, I would have liked Clay and Guy to interact with each other if just for once to see their reaction. I think they would get along just fine.

Yeah, let's start with a clean slate. Let's start over again and hope we do better next time. Anyways, gotta go to school now.

Yeah, you're right. I'll discuss some plot points later. Maybe even give the whole thing a new color template. Anyways, later.

How's the plot coming along? Don't forget to tag me so I won't be wondering where you are.

I'll probably go with the same setting, except reinforce some of the original points — scarcity of electricity, futuristic elements, union pacific prevalence.

I changed the color code and the fonts in the plot info — also included more thorough information on the first part, including what happened to the south americas, and made the second part more concise.

I also removed the important people part. It seemed pretty much useless. In its place, I'll include a faction piece, and a notes section for more miscellaneous info. I'll also revise the ZEAL/FERVOR/BLISS, and perhaps make it more appealing to the wider audience.

I'll probably go with the same setting, except reinforce some of the original points — scarcity of electricity, futuristic elements, union pacific prevalence.

I changed the color code and the fonts in the plot info — also included more thorough information on the first part, including what happened to the south americas, and made the second part more concise.

I also removed the important people part. It seemed pretty much useless. In its place, I'll include a faction piece, and a notes section for more miscellaneous info. I'll also revise the ZEAL/FERVOR/BLISS, and perhaps make it more appealing to the wider audience.

Wait, electricity is scarce? Damn, didn't know that.

Also, yeah, it's important to build the world's lore so people can make characters from different corners of the world more easily.

Hm, yeah, the important people part does seem useless on its own. However, putting important people in factions seems to be far more useful since we'll have powerful characters being backed up by lots of dudes. Sure, use a notes section.

What are your plans for the revision of ZEAL/FERVOR/BLISS?

Also, yeah, it's important to build the world's lore so people can make characters from different corners of the world more easily.

Hm, yeah, the important people part does seem useless on its own. However, putting important people in factions seems to be far more useful since we'll have powerful characters being backed up by lots of dudes. Sure, use a notes section.

Mostly, more accurate words. But I plan to include some of the FERVOR you suggested; and revise the side-effects and effects of some of the ZEAL.

Further suggestions are always welcome.

Also concluded rectifying the first part. Better words, better summarizing, etc.

However futuristic the world may as well be, people are still too poor or ignorant to catch on with electricity. That, and the grid is still a newborn idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back