• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Persona 5: The Meta War CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The subway soon stopped at the station that Ann needed to get off at. She squeezed her way through people and tried to not hurt Morgana but it was difficult. Before eating at the diner she had been in Kajiki's turf posting calling cards that Shiro and her designed, mostly Shiro because she knew what to say to make him worried. It was Morgana's idea to do that and Ann was not sure if it would work but she did know that today there would be a big battle and she would need to strong. She was a little nervous to deal with Kajiki and maybe Sough too, she had a feeling that he would get in their way and talking would not be a option.

Ann got off the subway to meet with Shiro. "Hey Lady Ann will Shiro be nice to me today?" Morgana asked while in her bag making a meow sound that made some people stare. Ann shrugged, "She will warm up to you eventually like she did to me and once we kill Kajiki and help out her friends then I think she will be more relaxed." Morgana nodded and sighed with annoyance as he and Shiro often butted heads a lot especially in the metaverse and would argue with each other. Mostly because Morgana was cocky and often liked to brag about being a phantom thief which of course Shiro did not like and found annoying.

Ann then exited the station and walked towards the park. She found it annoying how she was known as Kajiki's girl all over and knew that it would change soon. She found Shiro and walked towards her with a a serious expression showing that she was ready to take on the beast that was her ex. She glanced around and saw supplies and other5 people standing around, "Are those your sisters?" Ann asked Shiro. "anyway I am ready to go into the palace and take his head."

"Ladies calm down," Morgana said, "we can't kill him...if we do then he will just die in the real world." Ann looked at Morgana as she took him out of her bag and put him down, "Isn't that what we want?" Morgana shook his cat head, "no, because then he can't admit the bad things he had done to Shiro and you and other people...see when we defeat his shadow form he has a change of mind and he will tell the police and everyone on social media about his doings..." Ann thought about this more and nodded, "Then we should not kill him...he could admit what he had done to you and your sisters Shiro...how great would that be?!"

Nellancholy Nellancholy mysteryxio mysteryxio TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

The group that was assembled in a cluster at the park was a motley bunch, most squatting or sitting cross-legged by the paths. They glanced up as Ann approached, but if any of them had any hostility towards her, they were far too disconsolate to show it. A cigarette that was almost as pitiful as its holders was being passed around, tiny puffs stretching out the survival of the rolled tube of paper and leaves as long as possible.

The first to actually acknowledge Ann was...Koyuki. The pale girl stood, a polite smile on her face as she immediately approached and gave Ann's hand a shake. "Oh, you're finally here! You must be...Ann, correct? Shiroko-sama has been talking about you quite a bit these past few days. I understand you've got some kind of plan for handling Kajiki..." If Koyuki was able to hear Morgana's speech, she didn't show it. "...frankly, I'm not one to encourage journeys of revenge, but-"

"That's enough, Koyuki-dono." Shiro scoffed, stepping out from behind a tree. "I'll take it from here." Wasting no time, she strode over to Ann, not laying a hand on her but bearing her posture to make it clear they should walk further away from the group. Looking back at her gang, she gave them a nod as she dropped her speech pattern for a moment. "You guys, get looking for a place to set up. Underpass maybe, or that one gas station. By tomorrow morning, me and Ann will have everything we need to ruin Kajiki. This, I swear."

With some distance between the pair and Shiro's group as they dispersed, Shiro reached over to Ann's bag. "Good, and you brought the cat." Her hand made as if to pet Morgana's head for a moment...and then dipped down, allowing her to flick the cat's nose sharply. "Lead us to the throne room, just as you said. Killing him or no, I'm putting a stop to this tonight. Ha, with any luck it'll be his mobster friends who finish him off."

"Yeah I am Ann," Ann nodded to Koyuki and nodded when she said that Shiro and her had a plan to handling Kajiki, "yeah its not really a journey for revenger but a way to show him what he did was terrible and for him to repent." Ann then followed Shiro away from the group. She was eager to get going and finish off Kajiki or at least get him to stop.

"Ow," Morgana said as Shrio flicked his nose and nodded, "yeah but like I said we have company to worry about and who might be trying to get rid of us if he knows what we are doing." Morgana climbed out of Ann's bag with the help of Ann and looked at the two, "remember, we can just go along the way of our infiltration route that we have been preparing the last few days."

Ann nodded and looked behind her and back to the two, "Alright...now it is time to see if we have the strength to stop Kajiki." She held out her phone and selected his palace as the surroundings began to change around them and they were at the entrance of the castle. They were all in their costumes and Morgana was standing on two legs and looking like a weird human cat thing.

A horde of samurai were waiting for them at the entrance because of the calling card. A captain stood there menacingly and glared at the three, "you criminals! I will have you executed on the spot!"

"Shiro," Morgana said and smirked, "care to do the honor of showing them that the phantom thieves are a force to be reckoned with?"

The samurai all turned into shadows and charged at the three intent in killing them. They were mandrakes, bicorns, etc.

Little did these thieves know, someone had already prepared for their eventual arrival. The samurai guards were the least of the phantom thieve's worries. Behind the horde of samurai at the entrance, a warrior that would pose a true challenge waited for them. A knight and samurai hybrid, resembling a Ronin or black knight, a lordless combatant whose allegiance is unknown and can easily shift at a moment's notice.

1654002227270.png

"Sir the invaders have arrived at the entrance, just as you said they would..." One of the samurai reported to the imposing figure. "Hmm good....everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. Prepare the defenses. Get the archers into position. Stick to my plans and victory will be assured." The warrior crossed his arms as he stepped onto the castle ramparts. He knew such tactics would only slow them down, but he was turning this into a battle of attrition more than anything else. The archers would shoot a hail of poisoned arrows toward the phantom thieves, not caring about any of the allies that would be hit by the crossfire.

Once the phantom thieves had breached through the main entrance, they would quickly find that the outer field of the castle was layered with countless mines and pitfall traps. And to top it all off, there was a sign that said "Watch your step ;)" right as they entered the field. It was as if someone placed it there to taunt them.

"Seems like you guys got yourself in a pickle this time huh?" It was the mysterious capped figure, sitting on top of the gate in front of them. He greeted them with a jovial tone, seemingly eager to befriend them. "But hey I am willing to help you greenhorns... for the right price of course..." That last line was a stinger. But can they really trust this person? Someone who they had just met once and only vaguely remember.

That Weird girl That Weird girl Nellancholy Nellancholy

It didn't take long for those strange sensations to overcome Shiro again, everything in sight being washed away by waves of black and red that seemed more real than the ground she was standing on. And there they were, right before the castle. There would be no escape this time. It was to be an invasion straight to the heart of this strange fortress, a daring and ferocious victory against the foe that had plagued Shiro's life for just a few moments too long. He had his chance to back down...

"Ha!" Shiro scoffed at Morgana. "I shan't expect any 'honor' from you, little pest. I'm going to make short work of these knaves no matter what." She looked up, at the charging battalion. The fire inside her grew into a blaze, tearing at her insides voraciously as it surged up towards her head. Just as she anticipated, the helmet appeared on her head again. And this time it was no fetter, but a shield. "Come forth, Thrud!"

As Shiro snapped her helmet's visor down sharply, the flames poured out of her, forming into the figure of strength that filled her mind ever since that day. "Cavalry...let's break their ranks." Thrud darted forward at blinding speed, blades of wind hurling themselves towards the Shadows with a single beat of her wings. It was nowhere near enough to wipe all of them out, but the Shadows she struck dissolved into black mass, leaving the beginnings of a breach in their formation. A few of the horse-like Shadows reared up, breaking towards Shiro.

"Damn you...!" Shiro reached into her pocket, pulling out her knife. It was a movement that was instinctive, thoughtless. But if these monsters wanted a cavalry charge...there was one clear way to break them. With a clench of her fist, the knife turned into a huge lance, just the kind knights used in movies. With a roar, Shiro thrust it forward, spearing several Bicorns in a single blow.

The defenders wasted no time launching a volley of arrows, almost enough to blot out the sky if there was a sky here. In less than a blink, Thrud fell back to defend Shiro, deflecting the arrows with a spin of her outstretched wings. And then...

While they'd avoided the worst of the wounds, a few arrows got through Thrud's armor. "Ugh...!" The poison acted on Shiro's mind as well, which meant her presence in this strange place.

Shiro and Thrud lurched forward before the defenders' vanguard could regroup, but...

Blatantly marked traps dotted the yard. It would be hard to cross in this state...Thrud's wings sputtered, and she couldn't quite fly across. And now that mysterious figure was before them again..."T-there's no need to condescend to us, jester. Name your price." She coughed. "And you needn't worry about us rejecting you. We'll make it up there with or without your help."

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

To be honest Morgana was watching in awe of what Shiro could do. He was silent for a bit as the shadows seemed to be killed off. He then saw her get shot with poison arrows, "Ann you need to help her- i'll be back." the cat grinned and stepped forward in front of the approaching samurai and suddenly they all flew back and Morgana grinned with Zorro besides him and he shot fierce winds at the samurai destroying the shadows easily and warding off arrows from the archers.

Ann had Carmen heal Shiro a little bit which hopefully helped as she turned to the mysterious man. A price? Like money or something? Ann was about to say something to him but then she saw Morgana caught in a trap and rolled her eyes at the cat as she ran towards him and shot flames at incoming samurai to burn them. She soon got to the trap and started to pull apart and get Morgana out.

"You are an idiot!" Ann scolded as she tried to help Morgana out, "if I get hit I swear to god I am going to not get you cat food-" Ann turned behind her and the samurai hit her in the head with the bottom of his Katana knocking her out. Morgana gulped as the samurai knocked him out next. Then they carried their bodies into the castle...

Lord Kajiki waited in his throne room for Morgana and Ann to arrive. The imposing man touched his hands together in a menacing way and that he knew that the dumb cat would fall for a trap. Lady Ann was disposable to him now and Morgana too, all he wanted was Shiro. Soon the two arrived and they were barely awake. "How pathetic!" Kajiki laughed you guys are the worst! I think I can capture your friend now and when I do I am going to publicly behead her and for you two...eh maybe I will watch you get impaled by spikes."

Ann tried to shoot fire at Kajiki but was hit by a samurai guard. "You are new to this huh? Well it was nice knowing you two...next time don't fuck with me." Kajiki laughed and Ann's vision went black.

When Ann woke up she and Morgana were in a room with spikes on the ceiling slowly coming down. Morgana rubbed his head and looked around almost expecting Shiro to yell at him. She was not there and instead they were in a room with spikes...Morgana quickly started to panic and began to meow a lot. Ann too was worried and started to bang on the door loudly which did not work. Morgana saw a small vent that they could use to escape, "Lady Ann...lady Ann...LADY ANN!" Morgana shouted and Ann turned around, "what?"

Morgana pointed to a small vent and the two soon crawled through it. They reached the kitchen area and could hear the chefs at work cooking good food, Morgana drooled at the smell of it but Ann elbowed him. "Ow!" Morgana said and that caught the attention of the chefs and they yelled for the guard. "Shit," Ann whispered and dropped down into the kitchen area with Morgana and prepared for a fight.

Ann and the cat's next action was...questionable to say the least. He was about to give them a free pass, and here they are getting themselves caught in a relatively simple trap. The masked man palmed his face in amusement at what just transpired. "I'll be honest...I did not expect that..." He snickered under his breath. jumping down from the gate, moving close to Shiro. "First of all, you're gonna need better weapons." Taking out a toy that resembled a light machine gun from his cloak, the masked man turned towards the entrance on the other side and blasted a path through the mines, detonating them all with a stream of bullets, clearing a path for the remaining part member. "I don't know if the cat told you this already, but things work differently here in the metaverse... but for now, all you need to know is this, anything that looks like a weapon is a weapon." The man handed her the gun. If she didn't take it, he would simply leave it on the ground. "And here!" The man said to the lady while ripping off a spear from the ground, likely from a previous battle.

"Hmm... yes that should be enough of an edge to take on the ruler. We shall discuss payment later. But fair warning...beware the royal guards..Now go!" He gestured for her to go forward, as the horde of shadows regroup towards the masked man's location. "I'll hold them off and join up with you guys later. I am sure you don't want me to take the glory of defeating him from you." It was clear that he was fairly confident in his own abilities to hold off the reinforcements alone.

Back in the kitchen, the ronin knight was inspecting the feast that was being cooked, making sure it wasn't in any way poisoned. He took off his helmet to smell the food, revealing who it was, or at least who it resembled. It was Sougo, or at least a shadow version of him, complete with yellow eyes. "Well, well if it isn't Kajiki's ex-girlfriend, tossed aside, like a spent torch. Truth be told, I don't have anything against you, Takamaki. But as long as I have something to gain from this arrangement, I have to fight you." The shadow spoke as he put his helmet on and unsheathed his large odachi. "Stand down and turn yourselves in. And maybe I'll even convince Kajiki to take you back in." This shadow seemed complex as if he didn't want to fight them, likely a reflection of what Kajiki thinks of Sougo. This shadow was different from the others, its aura much more menacing than the rest, rivaled only by the ruler of the palace. It is clear that Kajiki thought highly of Sougo as an ally, while also understanding that his allegiance was temporary at best.

"What the?!" Morgana looked at Sougo and then realized what was happening, it was what Kajiki thought of Sougo. The shadow would act as a mercenary but his alliance could be temporary. Morgana thought of a way to defeat the shadow and had an idea of maybe if they presented something valuable or something that would have him gain. There was no way they could defeat the man without Shiro since she was the tank of the team. "Could we make a deal?" Morgana asked the shadow Sougo trying to appeal to his opportunist side which would not have a high chance of working but it was worth a shot.

"Morgana what are you doing?!" Ann asked the cat, she was prepared to fight the shadow because there was no way she was turning herself in. But she decided to watch what Morgana was doing before she said anything to imitate combat. Morgana tried to give a sly smile to the shadow that the normal Sougo would have done but his impression was pretty bad. Morgana was the opposite if the Sougo as he would only care about stealing the treasure from the palaces and was a thief at heart no matter how bad he was at infiltration.

"The phantom thieves have more to offer you," Morgana said, "especially since we plan on stealing the treasure from Kajiki and that is worth far more than being his ally...I don't want to fight you since you seem like you would be open to this possibly of helping us." Ann still was unsure about them trying to make deal with the shadow and thought he might just flat out attack them or maybe he would say yes. Either way the blonde readied for battle since he would probably decline their offer and fight them.

Morgana was determined to use Kajiki's shadow against him and thankfully Sougo was not a simple foot solider. The only problem would be their friend Shiro since she did not know the plan of them working with the shadow to betray him later since he was a shadow and Morgana did not want to give anything to a shadow. If this worked then Kajiki would surely fall since he would not have his ally anymore.

"So here is the deal," Morgana explained, "you help our friend get inside the castle and we will give you the treasure." Morgana was lying about that part since he wanted to trick the shadow.

"Guh...you needn't look at me like that." Shiro sneered at Sougo as she picked up the weapons he left before making an apparent display of magnanimity (and power) as he moved to hold off the other Shadows. Thrud had regained most of her strength, and it was just as well. There was more fighting ahead. A spear was a spear, clear as day. But whether or not this "gun" was actually supposed to work was another issue.

"Anything that looks like a weapon is a weapon."

That wasn't a difficult concept to understand. She took a moment to look at the object. It was hefty in her hands, but perhaps not quite as heavy as the real thing could be. But she could aim it, and she could pull the trigger. Even a baby could do it...maybe. Blondie and the ugly cat had already barged their way in, and they were probably in just as much trouble. And it was up to her to get them out. Nothing for it except to do it. She took a deep breath, reared up, and kicked the front door open.

"Salutations, scum." She snarled at the Shadows standing guard. "It's time you met your end." Thrud crashed down in front of Shiro, her wings angled up to serve as a shield for her as she clamped her finger down on the trigger. The air filled with the roar of gunfire as the Shadows fell into disarray, some trying in vain to charge their assailant, others taking a decidedly more cowardly approach as they fled.

Shiro's heart raced as she swept the muzzle all across the room, mowing down a few more Shadows.

And then...click.

She looked down. The ammo belt in the gun had run out. But did it run out because she expected it to, or...?

There wasn't much time for thinking. She slung the gun over her back and held the spear ready. One of the smaller Shadows fled into a side door, with Shiro hot on its heels trying to run it down.

With that, the kitchen door flew open and there Shiro was, facing down the golden samurai that Ann and Morgana were talking to. "Hah! There you are. I'm surprised you aren't the ones getting cooked yet."

"You have me mistaken, I have no interest in the treasure of this palace. What I want is far greater than what most people can offer...." The shadow spoke, indicating that he was not so easily swayed. "Besides...." The shadow paused as he watched the third member of the phantom thieves burst into the kitchen. "It seems your friend is already here..." The shadow did not seem impressed by the violence displayed by the third member, allowing the bullets to simply bounce off him and hit his fellow shadows instead. "Such disappointment. Perhaps negotiations were possible before, but unfortunately, Kajiki is not as forgiving to your violent friend." The shadow sighed, as a small group of reinforcements came rushing in from the other entrance, while the chefs and non-combat personel retreated.
1654268382543.png
The small group consisted of three samurais, each wearing distinct armor. "We've been sent to assist you by our lord!" said one of them as the walked closer to Sougo. "Fools! There is another intruder in the midst, return to the throne room at once." Sougo spoke with an irate tone. It seems Sougo does not have the best relationships with Kajiki's goons. "We serve Lord Kajiki no-" The shadow was swiftly cut down by Sougo's large blade, allowing him to absorb his power. "I'd prefer not repeat myself, scum." Sougo spoke with disdain, as he refocused his attention to the intruders. "No! This isn't over, you bastard!" The remaining shadow fleed the area, presumably returning to the throne room.

"Now then...let's get down to business...." Shadow Sougo spoke, revealing the true form of the shadow, resembling a stylized intrepration Oda Nobunaga, also known, the "Demon King." Within seconds, the whole room was turned into a burning arena. The shadow pointed its twin barrels at the group and unleash a torrent of flames towards them. Through the blazing flames, the shadow slowly walked towards the group, his eyes glowing red with menancing intent. "I hope you three prove to be much more challenging than those so called royal guards..." He taunted them, lighting his own sword on fire. "The fool, thinks he can buy me with his money, but I am no simple goon!" He took a swing at them, seemingly angered by the whole situation with Kajiki.

1654268972399.png

This was just great...Ann sighed, she had really hoped that this would work but now that it didn't she guessed that they had no choice but to fight. There could be a chance that they could use his anger towards Kajiki as leverage to turn him to their side. But before she could do anything a torrent of flames hit her causing her to fly back into the dining table. Morgana tried to block the flames with gusts of wind but it was a failure as he was knocked too, "I think I am getting cooked now," he said to Shiro.

"OK I tried to give you a chance," Ann said as she was hit by his sword in the shoulder, "you really are his dog huh? Following his orders and trying to kill us...you know we could have worked something out but you ruined it big time." Ann then healed her shoulder wound a little with the help of Carmen and fired a fire bolt straight at Shadow Sougo and then she created a a wall of fire and Morgana created a whirlwind of fire that might hit the shadow or might not but Morgana and Ann were not weak as they may seem to Sougo.

"Shiro, Ann, its time to learn another battle tactic," Morgana said, "its called the baton pass...each time one of us kills a solider or something we get to pass the baton and that adds power to whoever we pass the baton too." Morgana then blasted some wind at a chef running away killing him and then gave Shiro a high five transferring power to her.

Ann watched with interest, clearly Morgana knew that Shiro could inflict heavy damage on the shadow. Maybe with enough damage the shadow would be more open to talking to them. Morgana faced the demon king and grinned like a cocky bastard, he loved testing his awesomeness especially in front of two ladies. "I'll tell Kajiki you put up a decent fight," He smirked, "when we defeat him." Of course his words could come back to bite him but he was just a kid.

"Rrrrgh...!" Within a matter of seconds, the already hot kitchen had turned into a sea of flames as those careless fools showed off their power. The shadowy figure before them changed his form as well, unleashing a burst of heat. Unlike that showoff that had led them through the traps at the entrance, this guy wasn't holding back even if he seemed rather similar. It seemed quite foolish for Ann and Morgana to throw themselves into danger like this, considering how frail Carmen and Zorro appeared to be.

"Showing your true colors so swiftly, coward?!" Thrud flung her wings open, a storm of wind blasting forth from her to oppose the direction of Morgana's. A section of the flames engulfing the room extinguished, though the dizzying heat remained. Even Ann and Morgana seemed quite unfazed, though Shiro herself had to grit her teeth and set her stance in order to hold on and remain standing. At least Thrud's armor was holding up, despite the few wounds she took earlier. Either way, they couldn't afford to draw this battle out, least of all with someone who wasn't their main target. "We'll have you kneel!"

With a clear path across the burning floor, Thrud lunged forward, throwing all her strength into her next swing. She didn't NEED power from that cat, but since he was so generous...

Her gauntlet connected with the ronin's chest, emitting a loud CLANG with what was hopefully a decisive blow.

But of course no one here would stop at just that. Charging right behind her and stepping off Thrud's waist, Shiro let out a bellow (and a cough) as she leapt into the air, aiming the spear downwards to deliver a thrust with all her remaining strength towards the ronin's head.

The fire bolt launched by Carmen did little to advance the demon king's onslaught. showcasing his resistance to fire. However, the wind blast created by Zorro did manage to stop his movement, if only for a small moment. The shadow seemed familiar with this baton pass technique and promptly turned his attention to the other non-combat shadows, sending a wave of fire to them, and absorbing their essence to increase his own. "Your life, for a greater purpose." He proudly announced them as they burned away into his blade which grew longer.

Demon King was pushed back by the initial strike of Thrud. He swung forward, aiming to meet her swear with his sword only to have it shot out of his hand by an unseen foe, allowing Shiro to follow through with the attack. Fortunately for Ronin, he was able to deflect the attack at the last second with a gun, letting the spear run through his chest instead of his face. The shadow was silent at first, as the black liquid began pouring from his wound. "I...I...." He whispered weakly, placing his hand on Shiro's shoulder. "I....kneel.....TO NO ONE!" He yelled out defiantly, pushing the girl to the other side of the room. "If I cannot win....that I am taking you all down with me!!!" He screamed, ripping the spear out of his chest as his body began to engulf itself in a massive flame. He was attempting to self-destruct. Such a sore loser.

Thankfully for the team, the fight was already over. A green, purple and red aura briefly enveloped the shadow, slowing him to a crawl and forcing him onto the ground, on his knees, much to his dismay. "To think....I would lose to people like you...I yield.."His breathing was labored as he clutched his still bleeding chest. It was truly a strange sight to behold. It was clear that he wasn't human, and yet the anger and fear he showed seemed genuine. He was forcefully reverted back to his human form, along with his school uniform. "Hey....is that deal still on the table?" He quipped, chuckling a bit. as tried to get back to his feet. "There is...no reason for us to remain enemies. As you already know, I have no love for that bastard." He sighed, trying to think of his next move. "So how about this....you let me live, and in exchange, I'll give you some information. Let me just take my notes out..." Shadow Sougo spoke, rummaging through his school jacket.

However, before he could produce anything, a bullet flies right through his chest, forcing him to fall to the ground, while also revealing the masked man from before, standing right behind him with a smoking gun. "What a truly amusing display!" The masked man cheered, seemingly pleased by the performance. "The throne room is just ahead, I have already dispatched the remaining royal guards, so it should fairly be a straightforward fight." He twirled his gun with finesse before holstering it. "And here, some healing supplies and weapons. It wouldn't be a fair fight if I didn't top you guys up." He laid out a first aid kit along with some other weapons and tools, including a whip, a submachine gun, a slingshot, and a large sword. "I trust that all of you are able to accomplish your mission without additional assistance from here?" It seems the masked man had to leave soon and was hoping the team would be able to finish off their mission alone. The masked man looked down for a moment, surprised to see that shadow Sougo was still alive, clawing at his feet with a half-dissolved body. "Please....mercy....." However, he was swiftly answered by a bullet to his head. "Damn, didn't think a shadow could be so damn persistent." He chuckled, showing that killing this thing was something he did on a regular basis.

"Haha we did it!" Morgana cheered even though it was more of Shiro's doing but the cocky cat was convinced he helped somewhat. He celebrated a little bit by spinning a circle and laughing like a excited little kid. Ann shook her head at the childish cat and turned to the masked man who had killed the shadow that was asking for a deal, yeah Ann was not about to make a deal with someone who had tried to kill her friends, luckily she did not have to because Sougo shot him in the chest. Ann watched as the shadow was bleeding through his chest and was pretty much dissolved and looked at Sougo with a little blush on her face.

"Uhhh thanks," Ann said to him and grabbed the whip and submachine gun while Morgana grabbed the slingshot after he was done celebrating. "You know I was wrong about you," Morgana said to him, "but even I still know that there will be a catch...the phantom thieves will accept your offer this time and we will repay you." There would be a time to repay Sougo and Morgana was not the most honorable person having just lied to the shadow but he was going to hold up his end of the deal to an actual Persona user. Morgana looked at the large sword and then at Shiro, "so, you are going to probably be the powerhouse of the team...me and Ann will be the support then in case you die or something." Morgana took the healing supplies and winked at Sougo, "the palace will be destroyed soon so I suggest you leave."

Ann nodded at the masked man saying he had killed the royal guards and walked forward waiting for her group. She was ready for this fight and to prove that she was not Kajiki's little toy. This was all a new experience for her and she was still a little lost on who she was now but she knew that Kajiki was going to be destroyed one way or another. This was it...there was no turning back and maybe with a bit of luck they could come out on top and manage to defeat Kajiki.

Were there other people like them out there? If there were then Ann was going to have to help them since she knew what it was like to be in a tough spot with someone having power over you.

Despite the raw adrenaline and power coursing through her in the charred kitchen, Shiro couldn't help but pause for a moment as the masked man stomped on the ronin, casually executing him with a single bullet. And after they did all the work, too...it was one thing to brawl, to fight, to tear at one's foe with all one's might. And it was another to snuff them out before they could answer. It was...unfortunate that they couldn't bring him around. But it was just as unfortunate that Shiro had to be led along on this mission by a boorish pair who thought they could get away with underhanded efforts at deception and enticement instead of fighting head on.

What was done was done. They were still standing, and their opposition was not.

"Generous, you are." Shiro exhaled, allowing herself to breathe again in the confines of her helmet, as the masked man left supplies for them. Idly, she picked up a small bottle of medicine in her hand, observing it under the light.

FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.

Even so, this place was very strange, and the very foundational concepts seemed to be different, here. "I'm taking this." With that, she twisted off the cap and tipped it past her lips, swallowing the burning fluid in one gulp. "Ack..." Just as she expected. Her body felt heavier, more solid than it did when it was being assailed by flame and smoke. And Thrud too, could move more freely after being wounded by arrows and weighed down by poison. "I thank you for your proffered aid, buffoon. But if what you ask for in return is unbecoming..."

Instead of finishing that statement, she let the implication hang. Fiddling with the gun she was given earlier, she finally managed to get the latch covering the feeding port open. With that done, it was easy to slip in another belt of ammo and close the latch with a snap. "If you will not follow..." She eyed the masked man. "Stay out of our way."

Shiro took the lead, kicking the door to the kitchen open. Her vigor restored, Thrud floated behind Shiro as she led the charge. The stragglers among the Shadows fell easily before the group, and it didn't take too much more for them to get to Kajiki's throne room. "I hope you're ready, because I will not slow down for you!" With that, she charged straight into the throne room. "Kajiki, you vile tyrant! We come today to punish you for your sins!"

"Well she is in charge now," Morgana shrugged and him and Ann followed the angrily charged girl to the throne room. Ann looked back at the masked man, "Thanks again." Ann then went into the throne room and stood by Shiro glancing up at Kajiki who was dressed in a Japanese general uniform and was using his pointer on a map of some sort. He glanced to see Shiro burst in with two others and calmly held his posture deciding to answer the girl, "I see Sougo has abandoned me...what a shame." He then put his pointer on his desk and looked unfazed and he was anticipating this moment.

"Shirome Akiyama," Kajiki said, "you are indeed quite the fighter but I am afraid brute strength cannot always help you in life but in this case it might." Kajiki smiled as he transformed his shadow self that was a Shogun with armor and pointed at the three, "kill them...." Suddenly samurai appeared and began to march on the three. Ann blasted some of them with fire and Morgana blew some away but they kept coming and coming like an endless horde.

The Shogun would not normally be the one fighting so Kajiki walked back to his throne and watched as his minions were overwhelming the thieves or at least Ann and Morgana. He then summoned archers to shoot poison arrows at them and laughed manically like he was controlling pawns on a board. "Oh god," Morgana said as he blasted some wind knocking the samurai's back and Ann burned them to a crisp with her fire bolts. "Have enough?" Kajiki jested to them and summoned some members of the Yakuza who would shoot at the three.

"I AM THE SHOGUN!" Kajiki shouted and raised his hands causing waves of water to raise to the top and crash down on the three, "I RULE JAPAN!" Kajiki had left his treasure unintended and Morgana noticed as he started to run towards it leaving the girls to fend for themselves for the time being. He was wet from the waves and a little wounded but he still made a dash for it.

"Vanity!" Shiro snarled. They were in pitched battle now, the brawl for it all. Apparently, they weren't looking to kill Kajiki, if that were even possible in this place. But this was a perfect opportunity to beat him down for his self-centeredness and greed, and they were quite ready to oblige. "Such vast vanity from a man who has little else! This palace, these jewels and gold, this fine food in a kitchen we just burned to ash! All of this is but your futile aspiration!" He must be getting desperate to throw all his remaining forces at them, their flashing blades and their hail of arrows and bullets the last gasp of a cornered man.

Shiro pulled the trigger on her gun again, the stream of bullets serving as her valiant retort against a man who had turned away from any semblance of morality in return for the promise of wealth, but was so woefully short-sighted he couldn't see how pathetic and expendable he was himself. Her opening salvo tore through several of his defenders, leaving them to dissolve into dark wisps. She had little time to enjoy the spectacle however, as Morgana broke off and ran towards the ornate kabuto helmet that served as Kajiki's treasure. "Turning tail and running, cat? Or..." It took another moment for her to realize what he was doing. "Ha, very well then! Thrud, shall we?"

Her Persona was more than ready to oblige. Shiro grabbed onto Thrud's back as its jets fired, carrying the both of them up into the air. It couldn't maintain flight for long, but the burst of speed was enough for them to fly over the bulk of the surviving opposition and crash back down on the Yakuza gunmen, splattering them like insects and getting straight into Shadow Kajiki's face. "Boast all you want, 'my lord'. We'll bring this castle down on your head if we have to!" Shiro beamed, her lance and Thrud's bladed wings flashing forth to clash and stab at any part of him they could strike. He was still fast enough with his sword to fend off most of their blows, but all they needed to do was divide his attention and keep him busy long enough for that annoyance to make off with his treasure.

Morgana smirked as he glanced back at Shiro who seemed to get the plan. She was a little rough on the outside but phantom thieves needed some toughness on their side. He quickly grabbed the Kabuto helmet but a samurai noticed him and attempted to cut down the cat but Ann threw a fire bolt at him burning the samurai and killing him. Morgana held the helmet with glee and started meowing happily. Ann just watched the cat as she finished off the rest of the samurai with her whip and Kajiki was getting weaker and weaker and Thrud's wings stabbed him in the stomach with him yelping a little and some of his armor fell off. His army was almost gone and he was starting to lose power.

"What? No I am the Shogun I can't!" Kajiki yelled as he fell to his knees reaching for the treasure but failing, "No no no! KILL HER!" He pointed at Shiro and his samurai just looked at him and walked away scoffing that he was not the Shogun and went into their shadow forms to go away. Kajiki looked down and tears started to stream down his cheek like a spoiled little brat who did not get his way. He slammed his fist on the ground.

"Hey asshole how about you stop acting like a damn child and admit to everyone that you are a horrible person and turn yourself in," Morgana said and still hugged the treasure to himself, "I may be a annoying little cat but I do watch out for my friends." Ann was surprised to see Morgana saying that and nodded, "Also tell your boys to lay off of Shiro's territory and give all your money to her gang."

Kajiki nodded and sniffled, "Can I see mommy if I do?" Ann nodded and rolled her eyes, "Yes you can but I don't think she would like to see her son who affiliated with the Yakuza visit her..." Kajiki let out a cry and picked up his Katana wanting to kill himself, "I am a bad person...mom said the Yakuza are bad people..." Morgana blasted the Katana away from him, "the only way to maker it better is to do what we said in the real world."

Kaki nodded crying and disappeared and his palace started to crumble. "Vile beast is slain!" Morgana cheered and looked at the two ladies, "we gotta go...whenever you get rid of the palace user their palace collapses."

"..." The smoke had cleared, and Shiro couldn't quite believe what she saw. He truly was pitiful. But...in this vast, inhuman dimension...did everyone have their own palace? And their Shadows and treasures...could even she be put into a state like this? To be shamed and utterly destroyed by one's own fear...it didn't bear thinking about.

She pulled up the visor on her helmet and took a deep breath of the stagnant air of this foul place before looking down to meet Shadow Kajiki's gaze. "Keep your money. And stop groveling. I don't need your handouts. Considering our great magnanimity in sparing your life this day...the least of your obligations will be to confess your sins and withdraw forevermore from my domain." Of course, it was far more likely that once he turned himself in, the police would move quickly to take possession of his ill-gotten gains and lock him up. That would have to do.

As she turned away, her helmet vanished, and Thrud with it. But they weren't quite out of the woods yet. The palace wasn't just collapsing, like a real building of wood and stone might. Rather, chunks of it were vanishing before their eyes...and beneath their feet, as the palace's master was subdued. "...I shan't perish here. Blondie, cat! Let's go!"

With that, Shiro broke into a run, leaping over the cracks and gaps forming as she dodged tumbling pillars and falling rocks. And then...

The stairs back down vanished before her, leaving a long drop down as their only exit. In this moment, perhaps Morgana still had a trick or two up his sleeve.

Ann and Morgana quickly followed Shiro as rubble started to fall and they too agreed that they did not want to die here. Ann stopped as the stairs disappeared and nearly fell down the long drop as she pulled herself back. "Oh crud! Morgana what do we do?" Ann asked scared for her life as the palace was collapsing.

"Don't worry Lady Ann and Lady Shiro," Morgana said cockily, "I always have a backup plan...looks like we aren't going the usual way..." Morgana explained with a smirk, "Kajiki has like a trash chute in his throne room we can go down." Ann made a disgusted face at that, "How do you know this Morgana?" Morgana smiled, "A phantom thieves gotta know their exists and entrances Lady Ann..." Ann sighed and followed Morgana as he tapped on Shiro's shoulder by jumping, "Come on!"

Morgana and Ann ran for the trash chute in the throne room, Ann jumped in and slid down while Morgana waited for Shiro to get in. The place was falling down fast and Morgana hoped his friend would go down the chute too and he was not going to leave her. "I know its gross but trust me Shiro," Morgana called out, "you can try to jump or go down here."

"Such filth is far too familiar for me. You needn't worry." Even at a time like this, that cat managed to find a way to be condescending. But this was all that was standing in their way was this, and their strange little adventure would soon be over. Winding up for a moment, Shiro broke into a sprint and a leap, tucking herself into a ball and then landing in the chute with her legs out. With matter and reality itself breaking apart around them as Kajiki's palace collapsed, anything that might have posed an obstruction to them had vanished or disintegrated, only the stench of some otherworldly effluent remaining in the chute.

It didn't take long for the group to land atop a heap of animal and human...ish remains, the landfill where Shadow Kajiki disposed of his imaginary enemies serving as their cushion. "Do you intend to make me wait for you?! Come on!" Shiro called up to Ann. Even so, she really didn't wait either. The outer walls of the palace blew away like so much dust, and Shiro herself wasted no time making her exit. Soon the waves of red and black took her again, as she approached the borders of the Metaverse.

"I am sorry but this is really gross!" Ann complained as she slid down and got out of the heap of animal remains and human remains. She followed Shiro and Morgana was right behind her holding the treasure. "I am going to have to shower for weeks!" Ann exclaimed, "jesus Morgana..." Morgana did not say anything and smiled holding his prized as the two caught up with Shiro to the border of the Metaverse.

"Now we wait for Kajiki to change," Morgana said to the two, "not bad, for newbies." He was of course referring to Shiro and Ann because he was still Morgana and could not give a compliant without a snarky remark. They returned to the real world and the three were in the middle of Kajiki's district Ginza and Morgana was a cat again. Ann sighed and glanced around, "Yeah I think I know where I am..."

Morgana climbed into Ann's bag and poked his little head out to watch the people and cars go by. "What if it doesn't work Morgana?" Ann asked cautiously, "what if he does not change?" Morgana was not worried one bit, "He has to...we destroyed his desires." Least thats what Morgana made sense of the Palaces and he wondered if Sougo had made it out and was now looking for another palace user.

"Something tells me we are going to see him again," Morgana muttered, "maybe not so nice next time...the Phantom thieves need to be prepared for any threats that will stop us." Ann nodded and looked at Shiro, "so what now? You going to head back to your sisters?"

Shiro scoffed, overhearing Morgana and Ann's conversation. "It is as I promised you, Ann. If this way doesn't work, I'll take it into my hands." Though the truth was that despite the great peril and deadly battle they had just faced, she felt like a weight had been lifted off her back. She felt good, better than she had been for a long time. Even Thrud's voice was calm in her head. At least for tonight, she felt like she could relax. "Even so...I believe this little vermin's gamble has paid off, just this once."

No matter what, those "Personas" were part of them now. They were forever changed. Was this a single strange adventure, or just the sign of more to come? The city was full of people just like Kajiki. Full of people much, much worse than him. And if it came to that...they now had the power to do something about it.

Shiro shrugged, rotating her shoulders. "I've got other matters to attend to this evening, as lovely as your company may be." She gave Ann a glance. "Farewell. You can just leave that cat anywhere now, but I suppose I'll be seeing it if I see more of you."

A few hours later...

Shiro sat cross-legged on a bench at the arcade in Akihabara, drinking out of a plastic bottle of mass-produced, preservative-laden green tea. The sights and sounds punctuated the darkness of the establishment, and the cigarette smoke that filled the air.

"Banchou." Koyuki gave a little bow of acknowledgement before joining her.

"How fare the others?"

"They are...shaken, Banchou." Koyuki sighed, trailing her fingers through her hair. "Most of them are holding on, but knowing that there are people who would attack the places we live means some of the girls are having doubts. They'd rather...go back to their old lives than have to live on the move like this."

"As I told you earlier today, Koyuki-dono..." Shiro massaged her temples. "I've dealt with it. That gang will be giving us a wide berth from now on."

"With respect, Banchou..." Koyuki inched a bit closer to her. "The police and the corps are eyeing up that area. It may never be safe for us to go back to. We need to be prepared for the possibility of...desertion."

"And what would you expect me to do?" Shiro glared back. "Make them stay? Beat them for disloyalty? That is not the manner in which I lead, Koyuki. If they go..." Her voice lowered, as if she didn't want to admit it to herself. "...I'll let them."

"...I trust you to hold yourself to that, Banchou. Or I will have to." Koyuki clasped her hands solemnly for a moment. And in the next moment, her face turned back to a smile as she unfolded her hands, revealing a few meager tokens. "Now, how about a couple rounds of Dog Drug Reinforcement before we go back?"

Shiro couldn't help but smile back.

"Ah, Koyuki. Truly a woman after my own heart."

Ann nodded at Shiro and waved goodbye to her as she parted ways with the two. She had no idea what to do with herself now that Kajiki was out of her life for good and now she supposed she was a crime fighter, oh man people at school would be shocked to hear that Ann Takimaki was doing something to help the world with the most infamous person at school besides Kajiki. The blonde had a smile on her face as she began walking to the subway station to get home.

-------------------

Detective Sae Niijima sat in the integration room facing Kajiki who had turned himself in to the police. She thought this was odd but then again he did have a rivalry with a girl by the name of Shiro and her gang of sisters so maybe that had something to do with it. But he just seemed broken mentally and Sae could tell that she was not going to get much out of him since he did admit his affiliation with the Yakuza and would be locked up for a long time.

"Wait so Shiro did not attack you?" Sae questioned, "how does that make any sense? So you just randomly felt like this?" Kajiki shook his head and looked at her, "I made a promise to three people that I would fess up or else they would kill me..." He seemed not like he used to be and was a little fidgety with his hands and looked around nervously, "They are coming for me! The mercs!" Kajiki looked scared and grabbed Sae's arm, "You will protect me won't you?!"

Sae yanked her arm away, "get off me! What the fuck are you talking about you looney!" The woman was a little startled that a kid tried to grab her and who knew what would happen. She stood up and exited the room with Kajiki balling for help and soon police officers grabbed him and dragged him to a cell.

-----------------------------

Kajiki's disappearance at school was weird for sure. Mikoto drank a soda while in the student council room and due to people not really liking her she preferred to be alone. She really was a pushover and she felt trapped in her life. There was so many things she wanted to do and say but she felt like she couldn't because of her status. Gathering bravery she exited the room and walked down the hallway ignoring the insults about herself with Miss president.

Meanwhile Ann was studying in the library and trying to get a grasp on English with Morgana. She had made sure to hit Morgana away in her bag so no one could see him and she would not get in trouble. Ann was happy and she felt really good about herself right now and that she was free to be whatever she wanted. The kids at school stopped gossiping about her a little.

"One, two, three... and that is all of them." The student uttered cheerfully, humming an idle lullaby while those arm carried stacks and stacks of papers. Passing through the busy hallways filled with teachers and his peers, he stood towering over them even the adults. Being the student that was quick to stand out, even more so being a student council member. Though he tried to befriend everyone, some were quite hard to even get the chance to talk to. Especially Makoto, it was difficult to approach her.

Just thinking of the possible way to strike up a conversation with her, perhaps he needed a few more advice from Hajime. Surely the man knew better than him on this stuff, a social butterfly shall come to his rescue. Nodding his head, he bumped into a classmate. Their flushed cheeks clear for him to see, he smiled at them and greeted their presence with utter warmth. "G-good morning Haru-san." The girl uttered bashfully while her friend simply bowed her head in silence, They really didn't have to force themselves. "Good morning Mika-chan, Rumi-chan." He replied, bowing his head slightly.

He could see the shy one one nudging her elbow against her friend, though it seems if he let it be then one of them might end up having a complete breakdown. Ushering his own steps, he cut their conversation short. "It's really great to see you but I have to go, Maybe another time. Have a nice day." He smiled at the two, bowing his head once more. He didn't longer too long and resumed his journey, his destination right around the corner. Entering the room, he spotted the light colored haired girl occupying one of the reading tables. There he saw what it seems to be a dictionary? or whatever it was, it is written in English.

This piqued his curiosity and on top of the fact he has yet to talk to this particular student, he heard a lot about her from others yet he never had the opportunity to say hi. Placing the stacks of papers on the librarian's desk, he smiled at them. "Here it is, all the records you requested." He spoke to the her and they nodded their head before thanking him. Keeping the warm smile plastered on his lips, He bowed his head once more. Finished he was with that errand, he turned his figure to face Ann and slowly made his way to her desk. Uttering a question to catch her attention, "You're trying to learn English? perhaps I could help." he stopped on the side of her desk and let his arms rest on his side. Offering his aid in the subject, after all academics is one of his strong suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back