• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Persona 5: The Meta War CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
~A couple of days later, before the celebration~

As much as she appreciated Baron’s help, there was just something off about him; something familiar that she could never quite put her finger on. Another thing that was odd was that at one point he said he knew about Ann and Shiro both being high school students who attended Shujin. To Masami, there was a great possibility that he too went to Shujin. It was either that or he was a creep that liked to follow high school girls in his free time and judging by his character Masami thought that the likelihood of that being the case was slim to none.

All this speculation was purely out of curiosity though. What really weighed on her mind was that she had been part of the Girls Volleyball team for the past few weeks and didn’t have very much information about Kamoshida to give to Sougo. With all things considered, he had actually been treating her as one would with a business partner but at this rate, she was fretful that he might consider the time he has invested in her to be a lost cause and report her along with her family anyway. She despised the power he held over her with what he knew and how she had to be worried about not pleasing him by having a lack of valuable details. Even though Masami was trying to turn over a new leaf by working with the Phantom Thieves, she wished she was able to find something to level the playing field, but Sougo was too smart to leave traces of anything demeaning if there was any. So until she found anything considered remotely incriminating on Sougo, she had to go by his rules.

She debated on resorting to more drastic measures in order to gather more intel from Kamoshida, but she wanted to run it by Sougo first. During this meeting with him that she was currently going to, she wanted to bring it up to him. Especially since their meetings had occurred so seldom to where they were either cut short or just canceled altogether due to him seeming to have become more busy outside of the Student Council as of late. It worked out just as well though because most of the time when this happened, she had to train with the Phantom Thieves and Baron.

Masami opened the door to the student council room arriving on the dot to the time they previously agreed to meet up at.

At last, Sougo finally had some free time for his own business. Juggling phantom thievery and academics had been a lot tougher lately with the increase in workload. But he was happy to see that his investment of training the thieves was starting to become a lot more fruitful. With the defeat of the Matriarch, cult activities have finally started to die down, and the students at Shujin have finally dropped any pretense of joining such an organization.

On the other hand, the other half of investments had not been as fruitful. Kamoshida has been on his “best” behavior as of late. Well, as good as it gets anyways. Its tough, but they are basically in some sort of deadlock where they are essentially merely tolerating each other’s existence. With the full time employment of Maruki, Kamoshida’s leverage on Kasumi had somewhat dissipated, but he still had a lot of power over the overall sports related events and clubs of the school.

Thankfully, the thieves still technically owed him from all the way back in the Kajiki incident.And he is planning on leveraging this by asking them to have Kamoshida to be their next target. As it stands, they are the only ones that can actually prompt the pervert to manifest his treasure. While Sougo alone would likely be able to easily carve a path and wreak havoc in his palace, the only thing he would be able to do is kill the man. And as much as he wanted to, he’d rather not have the entire school go through a traumatic experience on his behalf. Additionally, the presence of other metamercs in this high traffic area would increase the probability of him meeting one.

So much to do, so much think about. Sougo continued reviewing the documents assigned to him. He was impressed by how fast work could pile up for a salaryless job. Nonetheless, he continued to chip away at the pile, knowing that he had a lot of catching up to do in other areas as well. But at least he managed to convince the student council to let him bring his own swivel chair.

And right on queue, Masami entered the student council room, much to his delight. Seeing as he already had the backing of phantom thieves on his side, there wouldn’t need to rely on Masami’s more traditional way of gathering information. Seeing as she was part of the Phantom thieves as well, perhaps it was best to relieve her of her workload. “Ah Ogawa-san. Right on schedule.” he greeted the girl with his usual smile while glancing at his watch.

“Let's get right into it shall we?” Pulling out a separate file, he was about to list down a few things he thought about the current state of their “business” relationship. “Our investigation as of late has been rather lackluster to say the least. Without sufficient evidence, I won’t be able to make convincing accusations to have the school remove him. The only thing we have right now is rumors and hearsay, which doesn’t really amount to anything.” For the first time in a while, Sougo sounded disappointed with the development of these current events, but he also understood that such things couldn’t be helped, at least not for now. Sougo sighed, shifting his face to lean on the palm of his hand, looking like a displeased critic in a movie screening.

“It seems to me that this relationship is not as beneficial as I initially thought it would be.” He tapped his fingers on the table, thinking about his next few steps carefully. “What are your thoughts on this topic?” He finally asked the girl, still tapping his fingers. From his perspective, from a transactional standpoint, this relationship no longer made any sense. Though he does enjoy her occasional quips and comments on other matters. He patiently waited for the girl to give him an answer. But from the way he sees it. It’d be best to just forget about the entire operation. He didn't have any further plans of blackmailing her anyways since she will still be working for him, just under a different name.

Masami clenched her fists at how he mentioned that their arrangement wasn’t that beneficial, but she calmly held herself together as she responded with, “I know I can get something on him, just give me a bit more time.”

She then looked away as she continued much to her chagrin in what she was about to say, “The festival featuring all the clubs of the school is coming up. I’m thinking about volunteering to be part of the clean up crew to get some one on one time with Kamoshida in order to speed things along. I know it’s risky, but such risks might be necessary in order to get the information we need.” She had an idea already as to what Sougo would say, but she was at the end of her rope at this point. She had to ensure that he wouldn’t report her parents, at least not until she felt ready to take them on in Mementos so that they could admit all their crimes rather than leave the judicial system to rely on circumstantial evidence.

Truth be told, Sougo was actually ready to just let her off the hook until she suggested she would be willing to have “one-on-one” time with the pervert. He was impressed by her tenacity, though he did think she seemed a bit desperate to satisfy him despite not having any personal vendetta with him. “Well, if you think that will work, be my guest. Just don’t go doing anything reckless.” The potential for entrapment was strong in this plan, but Sougo didn't see any issue with that. If anything, it could snowball towards bigger things if executed correctly.

“Also.. I’ve noticed you have yet to expose your parents for the charlatans they are.. Is there any particular reason for this?” This question was mostly asked out of curiosity. The last time he visited her shadow, she seemed desperate for a way out of her current swindling lifestyle and yet here she is clinging to it. “Having second thoughts?”

Masami scrambled to think up an excuse as to what has been holding her back. When she couldn't think of anything she was only able to say with a forced scoff, "Far from it. It's just that other matters have come up to factor in that I need to consider before jumping into turning them in." She said this in hopes that he wouldn't pry, but by this point she knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't just leave it at that. In many ways, they were similar because if the situation were switched, she definitely wouldn't let this answer slide.

To support this answer she then said, "Just know this, I am looking into the best interest of others. Not just myself." The words came out a bit more forbidding than she had meant for it to be, but she felt that her point was made all the same.

Sougo sighed upon hearing her answer. It didn't sound like she was lying per say, however, she cleverly avoided anything specific towards how exactly she was “caring” about the interest of others. “Hmm and here I thought you were the type to only look out for yourself. A swindler with heart. You are truly an amusing character, Ogawa-san.” He chuckled a bit, thinking how funny it was for he of all people to use caring about the best interest of others as an excuse.

“Very well, I shall allow you to wait longer on that decision. However, if you wish to continue swindling, I suggest you avoid setting your targets on the students of Shujin.” He gave her a stern warning. She of all people should know full well how protective he is towards the student body, or at least that's how he appears to be. “If you’re having a hard time with something you shouldn’t have to face it alone. After all, we are partners, we need to lean on each other.” Sougo has said this same exact line to the Phantom thieves once. He said this line out of concern towards Masami’s cold feet. He would just go with his usual blackmail tactics, but felt that this would be a more effective method.

In response to his mini lecture, realization hit Masami like a ton of bricks as many pieces clicked into place as to why Baron seemed so familiar to her. She recalled Baron saying exactly the same thing during the training sessions and before the Phantom Thieves infiltrated Matriarch Suzuki’s palace for the last time. This led her to think about the cadence in his voice matching Sougo, how Baron seemed to be a calculative person as well, hell even his physical mannerisms were similar. There was no doubt in Masami’s mind that Sougo was in fact Baron. This was exactly what she needed in order to have leverage with him, but she needed to be very careful since the stakes have been raised because Baron was a force to be reckoned with. Sougo was already a capable person as is, but knowing he was Baron made him all the more dangerous to deal with now.

Upon putting this together though, she tried her best to keep her poker face on and tuck this away for after this meeting to figure out how to use this knowledge to her advantage. For now, she needed to focus on acting casually. “While I appreciate the concern, I think I’ll use my own methods on solving my problem. I’ll let you know if I need any help with Kamoshida though. Will that be all for this meeting? I kind of have places I need to be,” she stated rudely, wanting to immediately get to work creating a plan.

Her response was rather rude, which was somewhat out of character as she usually at least attempts to be polite in their conversations. He was somewhat disappointed that she was not willing to open up to him, but then again, given the circumstances of their “friendship”, such a response was not completely unexpected. “My doors are always open.” He gave her a signature smile and a wink, showing his more carefree and playful side. “There is…one more thing…” His face shifted into a more serious look before he finished his sentence.

“What is your opinion on….these Phantom thieves? They’ve been making headlines lately, and many members of the student body seem to have taken a liking to them.” Of course he already knew who each and everyone of them were. He just wanted to see how Masami would react to being questioned on the matter. Sougo was pretty good at telling when someone was lying, so It’d be interesting to see what Masami had to say on the matter.

To Masami, everything that came out of his mouth seemed to take on a different meaning now. She looked away as she thought about how to respond through the perspective of herself if she never joined the Phantom Thieves. With unwavering stoicism she looked him in the eyes as she said, “I support the Phantom Thieves’ cause, but I don’t think that they would support people like me. Sometimes it takes more than just stealing a heart to change a person."

Masami was a complex individual in that she knew by being a member of the Phantom Thieves she was doing good, but she felt like she didn’t deserve the trust, kindness, and support the others had shown her. Especially since she was still acting as a grifter. Masami understood now that Baron knew what she did in her pastime yet still kept quiet letting her train with the rest, but what of everyone else? If Shiro found out that Masami was still conning people even after giving her a second chance by letting her join the crew, would she still treat her the same? Would any of them still do so if they knew? These questions constantly plagued her mind ever since she went back to hitting the streets to prey on people that day after stealing the Matriarch’s treasure.

She gathered that he knew she was Swan so she really didn’t care how he read into her words. It was all the truth. “I hope that answer satisfies you Agata.”

“I see.” Sougo replied as his face returned to his usual carefree demeanor. He noticed that she seems pretty uneasy with herself despite them having an overall casual conversation. “Hey, lighten will you! I was just asking for an opinion. No need to get all serious.” He laughed it off before turning his eyes back to his papers. “Maybe, maybe not. But we will save the discussion some other day. I think I’ve taken enough of your time for the day. Take your time with the information gathering. Just bear in mind that with each passing day, more students are suffering silence under him. If all else fails, I still have my ace in the hole.” Sougo gave the girl a playful wink. He knows something she doesn't. Something everyone will soon find out.

“Isn’t that an oxymoron? Lighten up, but remember that others are currently in distress. No pressure,” she smiled a little back to him and then did a lazy salute to him with two fingers. “Until next time, Agata.”

After she walked out of the room she thought more about the situation and came to the conclusion that she was in a better position than she originally thought. Not only will she have some information to hold over Sougo, but now she can also use this knowledge to have Baron help her steal the hearts of her parents. The only thing that was stopping her before was experience, so if she relied on the experience of another person such as him, there shouldn’t be any issue to succeed in her directive. Aside from that, she can also ensure discretion since she assumed Baron wanted to keep his true identity hidden and she wanted to keep the problem she had with her parents under wraps as best as possible.

She waited a couple of hours after the meeting before setting her plan in motion by sending Baron a message saying, “Hey, can we meet in Mementos tonight around 6:00 PM? I have some personal issues I’d like to discuss that I need assistance with. And no, this isn’t me calling for a therapy session. The assistance I need does involve Mementos. I don’t feel that this is something to trouble the others with so it will be just me showing up. I hope that’s okay with you.” She wanted to convey the message as if she was finally letting herself “lean on others”.

Sougo was surprised by the girl’s sudden request. So far, none of the other Phantom thieves had the nerve to meet him alone. And to do so casually as well, truly playing into Baron’s curiosity. "I'll be there." He gave her a simple and direct reply without revealing how curious he was about the matter.

As per usual, Baron had arrived 15 minutes earlier than his usual time. On his way there, the shadows understably cowered before his presence, hinting at how powerful he actually was. Despite their time together, so far he has yet to summon his persona in front of the thieves and solely been relying on his consumables and physical prowess.

He still wondered, wouldn't his friends be a more appropriate partner to solve this problem with? Time to find out. He waited patiently for Swan to arrive, sitting lazily on the seat of the subway. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this private meeting, Swan?" He spoke with a curious and casual tone.

Masami heard his voice echo through the now empty, eerie corridor of the station while she walked down the steps as the black feathers of her mask bounced along with each step. She was anxious about what she was about to do, but there was no way she could turn back now. She still felt like she could have prepared herself better, though when it came to Baron there would never be enough time for preparation. “Oh I think you already have an idea as to what this private meeting is about. As an ex-metamerc I assume that you would never ally yourself with people unless you have looked into them. So I’m pretty sure you know the fact that I have parents that are the worst kind of criminals. How am I doing so far?” She grinned smugly at the mentor.

“Oh?” Baron raised an eyebrow towards her response. To see her so confidently lay out her current information, and essentially taunt him with it. It was exhilarating. From the way she talked, it is very likely that she has not only found out who he was. But there was one thing that still bothered him though. If she knew was an ex-meta merc, why wasn’t she so cautious with confronting him?

“Its never a good idea to assume things.” He spoke, slowly walking closer and closer to the girl. His aura of intimidation had increased exponentially, significantly much stronger than what he has showcased before throughout the training sessions. It was true, he had been holding back, but just how much is the real question. At this point, the communicator device given to her began beeping furiously, attempting to warn the user of a dangerous entity approaching her. If she were to inspect the device, she would see a skull icon on top of Baron’s portrait, which simply read as “level ??”.

“I would say pretty good. But you’ve made the mistake of showing your hand too soon..” In a blink of an eye, baron disappeared from her sight completely. There was no sign of any movement, so footsteps, no airflow of a speedster. The next second, she would feel a hand holding onto the shoulder, which would sense immense chills throughout her body. “So, why am I here?” In truth, Sougo just wanted to mess around with her, since she seems to have an interesting personality. He already had a vague idea of what she wanted, but Sougo, just couldn't help himself to make a scene like this.

Despite feeling fear course through her, she still managed to speak evenly though she dared not move an inch with his grip still having a firm hold on her shoulder as she spoke, "Fine, I'll get to the point then. Help me take out the shadows of my parents or else I will reveal who you really are. I have a batch file linked to an email set to send a message tomorrow to the other members of the Phantom Thieves if you so much as destroy my persona or dispatch me in any way, so I would think very carefully about your next move if I were you, Agata Sougo.” This was no bluff on Masami’s part. It was the only preparation she felt could really make a difference should he try anything to combat her. She hoped that his alliance with the Phantom Thieves was something he valued enough to at the very least not risk harming her.

“Hahaahahh!” Sougo released his grip on the girl as he walked in front of her, not worried in the slightest. Though he was thoroughly entertained by these theatrics. The swindler was trying to blackmail the Baron of blackmail. “And therein lies your mistake, my dear apprentice.” He pointed to her as his laughter subsided. Baron walked back towards the subway seat, and sat back down, returning to his relaxed posture. “You assume that I care if your friends know who I really was.” Baron explained, while crossing his legs. “Even if they did, they still need me for their future operations. Palace guardians aside, the stronger Meta Mercs would make mince meat out of all of you without my intervention.” He explained calmly while looking towards the ceiling. “I am your deterrent, your arms dealer, and mentor. The way I see it, you need me more than I need any of you.” To a certain extent, what he said is true. But he’d rather not have his investment go to waste after all this time. And truth be told, he is rather fond of this group. “If blackmailing me with my identity is all you got..then I am afraid you’re out of luck…” he sighed, feeling both impressed and sorry to see all of Masami's efforts going to waste. “But if you need help…..you could have just asked..” he added to the back of his sentence, hinting that he was still very much willing to help her despite her attempts at blackmailing him.

At first with each word Sougo spoke, Masami’s anger began to rise as the words sank in. She knew everything he said to be true. Even after her life thus far being taught by her family how to deceive and outsmart people, in this moment she knew that there were some things she still wasn’t adept in like he was. And suddenly her irritation came to a cease when he still offered to help her. “You would still help me?....”She furrowed her brows looking down with guilt.

“Don’t tell me, ‘but it’s going to cost you’, right?” She asked still skeptical that he would just help her out of the goodness of his heart, if it was even called goodness. “Do you really expect me to believe that you would just let this whole debacle go and help me steal my parent’s hearts?”

“Of course I would. Afterall, we are partners right?” It was difficult to tell how sincere or sarcastic he was, but perhaps deep down he did grow to care about her well-being, or she's just a asset worth investing in. “Yes it will, but we can save that discussion some other time. I can’t have a member of my team wallow in self-pity like that. Its bad for team morale.” He gave a half-hearted explanation towards why he was helping her, which was somewhat believable. “I expected you to carry out this operation with your teammates, rather than entrusting your chance at true redemption to a total stranger that you know next to nothing about.” He quickly criticized her idea of “expectation.” He probably wouldn’t forget this transgression, but at the same time, he wouldn’t hold it against her, much.

“In anycase…” pressing a button on his watch, he would send her the location of her parents in mementos to her watch, indicating that he knew the purpose of this meeting beforehand. “Lets get going, we don’t have the Mona Mobile with us, so we gotta cover ground on foot.” He sighed, as he slowly walked towards the direction of their targets.

“Right,” Masami said, looking down at the watch to see just how far they had to travel to get there. She then walked alongside him as she reflected on what was going on. Since he was helping her, she wouldn’t need to worry about him having information on her and her life as a swindler. In her mind, this was collateral damage that she felt was necessary. Even though she had yet again had a debt to pay in regards to him, she knew it would be worth it if it meant that all the criminal activity done by her family would finally come to an end.

“And by the way… I would rather ask a stranger to help me than my friends, because at least I wouldn’t need to worry about the stranger looking down at me…. But I think I may have asked a friend to help me anyway,” she mentioned, with this being the closest it would be for him to get an apology from her due to her stubborn nature. Yet in this moment, it was only then that she started to feel that they were truly partners even though Sougo had repeatedly tried to drill that in her head leading up to this event.

“Yea yea..just don’t go telling the others about this. I don't want them to think I am playing favorites.” He answered her, shrugging off his supposed kindness as something that should be kept between them. “And if they would look down on you for that, they weren’t your friends to begin with.” His words were harsh, but the way he sees it, true friends wouldn’t be so critical of her, given her troubled upbringing. Sougo had a similar past, though unlike her, he didn't have any friends he could fall back on. The world was cruel, but that made him strong, unfeeling, unrelenting and unforgiving. Or at least thats he convinced himself to be. “I’ll help you reach your parents, but you have to be the one to finish the job. Got it?” He wanted a poetic end for their charlatan saga.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way. In fact, I’d be pissed if you didn’t give me the luxury of doing so,” Masami smirked at this and gave Baron a thumbs up with a wink. Though she jested about this upcoming battle, she had mixed feelings about it. Not that she was having second thoughts at all, but more so she was stressed about seeing their true colors for the first time and what they really thought of their daughter. In her experience being in the metaverse so far, these shadows did not filter their thoughts and did not sugarcoat their words. Going into it, she knew that it was not going to be pretty, and would leave her scarred. She knew she needed to face them though and so she prepared herself mentally as they made their way through along the beaten path of the dirty railways that snaked around Mementos.

“Here, you’re gonna need this.” Sougo tossed her one of his beloved sidearm. It was a lot heavier than it looked, almost like it was a real gun. “The shadows here are a few levels above you. This should even the playing field for you. Though it has a killer kick to it.” He warned the young lady about the strong recoil of his weapon. Most people wouldn't be able to tell with the way he fires them so effortlessly when fighting shadows. It was rare for Sougo to lend out his own personal firearms, but since he didn't bring his armory today, he didn't have much of a choice.

Masami caught the weapon, but with the weight it had she slightly lowered it in surprise so she inspected the firearm, impressed by the definition in it. Model in the real world or not, the craftsmanship was intricate so Masami wondered what it took for him to get his hands on it. She couldn’t see a shop owner so freely selling it over the counter with that much detail involved. “Thanks, but I think I can handle the recoil,” She said before looking around to make sure no shadows were nearby before she tested it for herself by aiming at a pipe that hung above a junction in front of them. The gun did kick back and probably would have left a bruise if they were in the real world, but it still hurt cause even with the warning, she wasn’t ready. “Owch damn… alright I see your point,” she pouted before putting the gun away for the time being.

“Always learning from experience, I see.” He chastises her for not believing his words. Baron moved forward while using the watch to guide them both. Giving directions to follow every so often. Most of the shadows were too afraid and weak to even approach the duo. Though every so often, one or two shadows would be brave enough to approach them only to be one-shotted by the Baron’s pistol. After a few more minutes of walking, they had finally reached a dead end where the shadow of her parents resided. “They are just up ahead. Are you ready?” Baron upholstered his own gun, and gave a few spins, something he did quite often before and after the start of a battle. “In battle, do not hesitate, no matter what you see or hear, remember the task at hand and focus on that.” Dealing with normal shadows is easy, but to see someone you know turned into such twisted creatures can lead to….complications.

Masami bit her bottom lip nervously. She wasn’t even trying to hide her wariness about going into this battle. She shook her head to stave off her nerves and took a deep breath. “I am ready. I know how they work, so this will be tricky. But don’t worry, when the time comes I know I’ll be able to finish them,” she nodded with determination.

She took a couple of more beats before taking the lead to approach her parents. The similarities Masami had with each parent was evident. Even though her mother had long, dark brown hair much unlike Masami. The shape of her eyes as well as the upper part of her face in general was reminiscent of Masami’s facial features. Her father had black slightly wavy hair which is where Masami got the texture of her hair from. The slim, lower part of his face was the part that matched her own. Together, they both really were an unassuming couple and didn’t stand out at all if anyone were to meet them in passing which was exactly what they aimed to be perceived as.

Upon approaching them, they broke this facade and craned their necks to notice her in an almost unsettling way with a growing smile as a predatory fashion. “Masami! Our pride and joy, our little princess. Have you gathered that money yet?” Her father was the first to speak.

Her mother was then the next to speak with a slight frown, “Those clothes really don’t flatter you. Is this why you haven’t met your quota this month? How do you expect anyone to take you seriously and believe your grifting with that on? Remember what your father and I have always told you…”

“Always dress the part you are acting as,” They both said simultaneously talking down to her.

Masami gritted her teeth and spoke back to them, “I’m not here to discuss the quota. I’ve come to set things straight and steal your hearts, or whatever is left of them at least.” With that, she summoned Scheherazade to get ready for what comes next.

“Stealing our hearts? What do you… oh I see. I do recall hearing about these Phantom Thief people. So you two must be part of this group. Though I am surprised Masami, after all your mother and I have done for you, are you really going to treat us like this?” Her father asked, trying to play the victim.

“It doesn’t matter though darling. We’ve beat her into submission before, we can do it again. If all it takes to get her back on the streets to get money for us is a beating, then so be it,” Her mother spoke of the abuse so nonchalantly making Masami wince slightly at hearing it.

“My my, such strong words from such despicable people.” Despite his care-free response. There was a slight hint of anger within Baron as he had always believed familial ties were the most important thing a person could have, or at least he used to believe that. Hearing openly profess that they were the source of her misery…it was unforgivable! Every child deserves a parent, but not every parent deserves a child. The baron’s fist tightened, as a golden aura briefly enveloped his body, his cloak violently flowing about like his entire body was emanating a strong wind of destruction.

Fortunately, this display of power did the last long, as finally calmed down, the bright aura dissipating along with his anger. “You two should be thankful your daughter has decided to be your judge. I know many others who would not be so kind with their verdict.” He was of course referring to the MetaMercs, as well as himself. “Now then, let’s see what we can do about those nasty hearts….” Baron shifted to a running stance with both his arms out to side, fingers flared out, looking like they were about claw some faces off. Once again, the baron disappeared from sight, immediately reappearing right in front of both the parents. Placing both his hands on their heads, he violently rips their “faces” off with forward momentum, forcing them reveal their true forms. Jumping back to Masami side, he gives her a nod of affirmation, signifying the start of the battle. Unholstering his gun, Baron would fire a few rounds onto the ceiling, causing large chunks of rubble to fall onto the parents, giving the duo some cover to prepare for their next attack. “You’re up swan!” he signaled her to go on the offensive, curious to see what she had in store.

When Baron unveiled her parents to Masmi she was surprised at how morphed and detestable their forms were. She had suspected their souls to be hardened, but she hadn’t expected them to be fully made of stone like they were before her. She had to remind herself though of Baron’s words not to hesitate at all. So she got into her fighting stance as she took out her newest weapons she had acquired from Mementos on a different occasion, the twin chakrams. “Right! No holding back!”

1666583984752.png

1666584002236.png

These ones were much lighter and gave her much more control in contrast to the one large chakram she previously had. Not to mention one other feature these new ones had that Masami was pleased with.

To start the battle she threw one of them out hitting the figure with wings which then bounced off her and onto the figure that was her father as her mother screeched from the blow she took. The contact made a horrible noise of having the metal grind against the stony exterior and after a bit of attempting Masami flicked her wrist, commanding it to return back to her as she sent out Scheherazade to follow up. She threw out her claymore embedding it in the ground separating her parents so that one would not be able to help the other immediately as she grasped the winged being and with a gravelly voice said “Dormina” since she was obviously the weaker one of the two.

Masami briefly looked at her watch, seeing that it now recognized them as “Al-Lat” for her father and “Manat” for her mother.

“You know…they say that the toughest obstacle a boy will face is the father of the daughter. But….” His voice trailed off as he charged forward, performing his signature “flash steps” a few times, before reappearing in front of the beast face to deliver a mighty backhand to his face, sending him flying across the floor and embedding him into the wall. “You seem pretty easy to me!” Baron just couldn’t help taunting shadows that have an inflated sense of self worth. “Well come on then! Show me what you got! You’re supposed to be the man of the house right? Hahahha!” The masked man condescendingly gestured to him to strike him. Sougo got into a boxer’s stance and playfully threw a few practice punches in the air.

“At least make this a warm up for me!” It was pretty obvious he wasn’t taking him as a serious threat or perhaps he had something up his sleeve. “So what kind of justification do you have for treating your daughter so poorly? Was it because you needed the money to pay a debt? A chance to boost your feeling of self-worth by fleecing the less intelligent folk? Surely deep inside within that rotten heart of yours, you still had some love for your offspring?!” The last line was particularly filled with disdain, almost as if he had a personal vendetta against the specific matter. While taunting the shadow, Baron had prepared a flash grenade behind him, something he would toss onto the shadow right as it would charge him. A chance to reposition and attack from another angle. Despite how it looked, this wasn't all fun and games. Baron was simply testing to see how vulnerable this shadows are towards taunting. At the same time, he wanted to exercise caution with his strength. The last thing he wanted to do was accidentally murder the girl’s parents.

“Ergh, you know nothing of what it means to have a child, boy. The hardships that come with it.” The beast grunted, the face was unchanging and the voice echoed, sounding like it was coming from inside the stone figure as if it was an empty shell. He moved away from the wall and stabilized back onto all four of his feet before continuing, “We raised her and honed her skills in order to at least get SOMETHING back after Himari gave birth to that wretched girl. They drain your money, your time, your very being and what do you get in return? No thank you AND she brings a boyfriend along with her to rebel against you. Or are you one of her targets she is stringing along that we tasked her to go after? I forget, there have been too many.” Even though his face did not move, there was a clear tone in his voice that he was smiling; showing that he knew what Baron was trying to do by attempting to get a rise from him, but it proved unsuccessful and he was in fact now trying to do the same to him.

He slammed one of his front legs down, and a barrier formed around him looking like he used the 'tetrakarn' ability.

Against Manat, Scheherazade was unable to put her to sleep and Manat retaliated by taking advantage of this close proximity, "Psiodyne!" Scheherazade was then knocked back as Manat flared her wings getting ready to take flight. "How dare you! You robbed us of our hopes and dreams. We provided for you throughout your life so you owe us!" She charged forward passed Scheherazade and straight towards Masami, grabbing her by clenching her claws into her arms and lifting her as she soared upward. "Your very existence belongs to us and it always will!"

Masami struggled to break free as she let a lifetime of anger subdue the pain. "I robbed you?! You two have robbed me of the ability to connect emotionally to people! You robbed me of having a normal childhood!" Finally Masami was able to break an arm away, letting herself receive deep scratches from Manat's Claws before she took out Baron's gun. Since she only had the one arm available she used the center of her own chest to back up the recoil and aimed as she pulled the trigger hitting her squarely in the stomach area. She let go of Masami and flew back as Scheherazade dived to catch Masami over her shoulder as she fell.

“Ah It speaks, yet the only the thing that comes out is garbage!” Baron tossed the grenade that had been cooking in his hand, providing him with ample time to reposition himself for a counter attack. After seeing it cast Tertrakarn on itself, he knew he couldn’t just brute force his way out of this one. Taking out the watch from before, the scans on her parent’s shadows were finally complete, revealing to the Baron that the weakness of Al-Lat was Light-based attacks. He smiled underneath his mask, while replacing the current magazine of his pistol with another from one from his utility belt. He always made it a habit to carry a handful of different ammo types with him. In this case, he was swapping it out for his light-based rounds. They weren’t as strong as his normal elementless rounds, but they were more than enough for the likes of him.

He brandished his pistol and twirled it stylishly in front of his opponent while waiting for him to recover the flash bang. Seeing a sign post sticking out of the wall, Baron would kick the pole, completely uprooting it from the ground and sending it flying towards the shadow. Just as he expected the pole went flying back to him with equal force upon making contact with the shadow, therefore expending the physical shield it had casted on itself. Baron had anticipated this, simply kicking the pole away as he sprinted towards the beast. Just before he collided with the beast, Baron would slide downwards, positioning himself right under its belly and unleashing a stream of light blast onto its belly at point-blank range. Continuing with the momentum of his slide, he would eventually find himself behind the beast. By now the Shadow should be considerably weaker, and as promised he wouldn’t be the one to finish him off.

Turning to Masami, he could tell that she was fighting tooth and nail in this battle. From there, Baron's once cold frozen heart thawed out just a bit, finally deciding to give her a small helping hand. Grabbing Al-Lat by the tail, Baron would pull on him while moving with spinning motion until he finally lifted him off the ground. Once he generated sufficient momentum, the masked man would release his grip on the creature’s tail, sending it flying towards his partner’s general direction.

Baron would follow the beast, leaping upwards to pursue it. Within the next second, he would reappear from above Al-Lat, kicking off the ceiling of the mementos, he would push himself downwards onto the shadow, tackling the four legged beast downwards, forcing it to rapidly descend near the area of the winged beast. “THIS IS GONNA HURT!” He shouted with full vigor and finesse.

Now that both of her parents were next to each other, Masami took this chance to hit them both. "Scheherazade, finish them off! Eiga!"

The persona became one with the cursed energy that had originated from Masami and sunk into the ground quickly. The red shadow now streaked across the floor to the couple blocking them from escape as its aura surrounded them as if it were flames with the way it moved. Scheherazade morphed from the red shadow on the floor to her usually silhouetted form once she reached them and unsheathed her claymore and slashed the both of them in one clean slice with a final attack at the same time causing them both to be defenseless.

Masami approached them and held up Baron’s gun in their direction, “Hand over your treasure, and leave this place to repent. But before you do…” she decided to ask them both one last question before forcing them to leave.

“Did you ever love me?...” She asked, refusing to look away from their faces yet still had the tone of a desperate child.

Her father put down what she assumed was their treasure as her mother was the one who began to answer her, “Of course we did… at one point in time.”

“We were overjoyed to have you at first… but we were so young when we had you. We realized we were not ready, not equipped to support you properly. Naturally, we relied on unlawful methods to get money,” he looked away ashamed as both him and his spouse began to disappear.

“And when you started copying us with what you saw us doing and were more successful than were at it due to your age. We weren’t able to just let you stop,” The mother finished as Masami began tearing up, not knowing what to say. It was the sad reality that what she had expected from them was true.

Seeing Masami pull off an impressive maneuver to vanquish both shadows at once was most satisfying. As he saw the two shadows begin to show their true feelings to their daughter, he couldn’t help but stay silent and let them speak their mind. He too longed for catharsis with his own relationship with his parents. But unlike her parents, they didn't have any shadows that he could change hearts of. Perhaps that was the worst part of the relationship, showing that they were not twisted at all. He gave the girl some sufficient time to recollect her feelings before slowly approaching her, reluctantly placing a comforting hand on her shoulder as she cried. “And so ends the saga of the Charlatans… you did well.. Swan” he congratulated her in facing not just her parents but also making peace with her past. He was proud of her, perhaps she would be the most worthy apprentice among all the phantom thieves, at least for the time being.

“You’ve extended your second chance to not just yourself, but also your parents. A kindness that few would provide, especially to those who have wronged them.” Baron explained, before retracting his arm turning to face the exit. Their mission was done. Hopefully this little favor would ensure her continued cooperation. At the same time, he was genuinely happy that the girl was able to resolve her grievances. But unbeknownst to both of them, this feeling of respite would not last long. “Let’s go, we’ve accomplished our mission. As I said before, I’d appreciate it if you could keep this operation between us. Revealing this to the group may cause…unnecessary complications..” He didn’t want to cause unnecessary drama with such blatant displays of favoritism.

For a long time, Masami felt her emotions curl in on itself, unable to leave from the spot she stood at as she couldn’t stop from crying softly until Baron anchored her back into reality by his encouraging words. Once he was done she sniffled back the rest of her feeling, trying to reel in the tears as she wiped her eyes. She gave him a small smile as she felt a huge weight being lifted from her, knowing that she had him to thank for it. A favor that she knew she probably would never be able to fairly pay him back, but strangely enough she didn’t mind. This mission started because she couldn’t stand the thought of needing to pay him back, and now she felt accepting and with an even bigger debt that needed to be paid.

“Ah so you do care if they find out,” she teased, feeling her usual demeanor start to come back. She then bent down to pick up the items the shadows left behind. One was a family portrait from when she was a newborn baby that showed all three of them happily together. She had never seen this picture before so Masami tucked it away for sentimental reasons. The other item was a purple card that was engraved into it the word “Tetrakarn”. From prior knowledge, Masami knew that she could use this card to later on give this ability to Scheherazade to learn by absorbing it.

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. There wouldn’t be any benefit in it, if I told them anyway,” Masami shrugged as she holstered the gun just in case any wiley shadows approached them on the way back. Plus, she was starting to really enjoy using it. “But I will say this, you shouldn’t distance yourself from them for too long. You should be able to freely lean on us as well. And I don’t mean just out in the battlefield. But that’s your prerogative, until then you got me at least, “ she winked to him as she began following him out in the direction of the exit.

“I’d prefer to avoid unnecessary loss of efficiency and cohesion within the team.” Baron swiftly replied as he continued towards the exit. She wasn’t wrong about being distant towards the others, but knowing his past experiences, it was better for him to keep things this way. “I said that all of you should lean on each other, that unfortunately, does not include me.” His tone was rather cold with this reply, a hint towards a negative experience he had in the past. Though part of him did like having at least one other person he could lean on, but she didn't need to know that. He sighed, thinking how much he has grown soft over the past few weeks with the Phantom thieves. Although she didn't know this, it was always a risk for him to go out to mementos without prior preparation. Being a metauser of this strength in low level areas tends to attract unwanted attention.

Judging from his response, Masami thought it possible that he may have been burned in the past by getting too attached to the wrong person or people. She really couldn’t fault him for acting the way he has with the Phantom Thieves, especially since she herself couldn’t bring herself to ask them for help. She knew all too well the difficulty in letting yourself trust others; so she left it at that, respecting his space on such matters.

Upon exiting the “room” of her parent’s shadows. He noticed something was amiss, there were no other shadows nearby. It was completely silent. The only thing that could be heard were the passengerless trains in the background and strong howling winds of the tunnels. Baron’s instincts were telling him there was an impending danger nearby, he just couldn’t tell what it was. It was far too early for the reaper to show up, and the shadows on this floor should pose no threat to him. On the other side of the room, he could spot a weak dying shadow evaporating into nothingness while covered in some sort of purple liquid. As the shadow finished “dying” he could vaguely see a humanoid silhouette hiding behind it. There was a noticeable gleam to him, almost like he was holding something shiny.

“We need to move, NOW!” Baron shouted. Without any prior notice, Baron grabbed the girl, bridal style. He didn't have time to be polite, if this person was who he thought he was, they were both in a lot of danger. Baron would perform a few massive leaps into the air, while carrying her, trying his best to put as much distance between them and the enemy. Seconds later, a few shots of purple streaks could be seen coming from the opposite direction where he was running from. The shots were loud, and powerful, clearly something of significant caliber and power. Despite his evasive movements, eventually even the great baron was struck by the shooter’s shots, a testament to the gunmen’s skill.

In spite of tanking a few shots, Baron continued moving at full speed. Eventually, the shots stopped coming. A few minutes later, the masked man finally stopped jumping to place the girl down. His breathing became labored as he spoke to the girl. “You….you need to get out of here..” the masked man unholstered his pistol and swapped back the magazine, preparing himself for the inevitable confrontation. “The exit path is….. just ahead.” Baron began to lean on the wall next to him. Not letting the venom get the best of him, he pushed against the wall to force himself to stand up right. “...Just…..go…I’ll join you…lat-..” Before he could finish his sentence, Baron would eventually collapse onto the ground face first onto the floor, revealing deep bullet wounds behind him. The holes were oozing out the same purple liquid from before. Masami was about to kneel down to try and mend his wounds somehow, until she heard something.

Suddenly, a whistling sound could be heard emanating throughout the corridors of mementos. The sound got stronger and stronger until finally, the mysterious shooter revealed himself to the duo. “Yo~!” He greeted them with a playful salute, revealing the full splendor of his metaverse outfit which resembled a cybernetic bounty hunter with cobra motives. With a high tech looking-gun resting against his shoulder, he gleefully walked closer to the two.

1666584116220.png

From the way he walked and whistled he seemed like a cavalier person.”Guess today is my lucky day! Here I was looking for some swindlers to kill and instead I find the Great Baron in my sightlines.” He jovially narrated his predicament, enjoying each step he took towards the downed masked man. At this point, Masami’s watch would begin producing that all too familiar beeping sound, indicating that this foe was not one to be trifled with. “You can leave now girl. He’s the only one I want.” The figure made a dismissive hand gesture to the girl, looking like he was shooing away a cat rather than a person.

Without a second thought Masami took a step to the side so that she was even more in between the stranger and Baron.“No,” she said simply as she wondered to herself what the hell she was doing. If even Baron recognized him as a danger then what the hell was she doing getting in his way. She had to remind herself that she wasn’t the selfish Masami that thought about her own well-being anymore. And besides that, he had just helped her with a task she couldn’t have done on her own and he was obviously willing to put his life on the line to save her. She felt that she had to do the right thing and stick by him.

“Before laying even a finger on him you’ll need to get through this ‘girl’ first. Scheherazade,” she threatened with ample determination as her persona appeared next to her. She surprised even herself with how protective of him she sounded against who she presumed was a Metamerc.

“Spunky little one aren’t we?” The figure commented on Masami’s attitude, as he disassembled his gun, returning it to its base configuration which resembled a pistol. “Ask yourself this, young lady..is this guy really worth all the trouble you’re getting into?” He slowly raised his gun to face her. Unlike Baron, his aura was ghastly purple but was just as equally intimidating as his.

With a pull of the trigger, his gun would violently release a purple mist towards the girl’s direction. While the poison gas wasn’t as potent as his envenomed bullets, inhaling them would result in a decrease in stats. Her vision would also begin to blur, as she would struggle to even stand straight. “You’re lucky I’m a professional!'' The figure spoke while walking gently pushing her to the side as he continued walking to Baron.

She covered her mouth as she was put aside, though that didn’t seem to do any good since she had already inhaled too much of the gas. “Marakukaja,” She managed to have coughed out to at least neutralize her defenses as well as raise Baron’s. As she focused on keeping her balance, she pointed to him and Scheherazade understood that Masami wanted her to stop the man. The persona tried to do so by taking out her claymore and tried to slam it over him expecting to at least deter him momentarily from moving onward, potentially once again blocking him.

Masami then took out one of her chakrams and threw it out in his direction in an attempt to land a hit on him even with her blurred vision. She wanted to try everything she could to hold him off, yet she didn’t know for how long she would be successful in doing so.

The figure sighed in disbelief, seeing the girl still foolishly attempt to stop his advance despite being clearly outmatched. Merc would effortlessly catch the claymore of the persona with his bare hands, stopping it dead in its tracks. “You know…there is a fine line between bravery…and stupidity…” Hearing the chakrams flying through the air, the armored man turned around, kicking one of the flying blades to the ground and catching the other one mid-flight. “Can you guess which one are you?” There was a hint of annoyance in his voice, as winded up his arm to throw the chakram back.

Fortunately for Masami, he wouldn’t get the chance to finish this action. Within a split second, Baron went from lying down on the floor, to standing up. Taking out an object from his cloak, the small handle would quickly grow to the size of his usual buster sword before he took a swing at the unsuspecting merc. He managed to get clean hit on his back. He would then follow it up with another strike, only for it to be blocked by his forearm guard. “HAAHAH playing possum are we? Didnt think you were the type to rely on cheap tricks like that!” The merc laughed as he backed away from him.
Judging from the breathing pattern, Baron was still powering through envenomed bullets, but he knew if he didn't intervene things would get ugly real fast. “What can I say?.. I am just full of surprises..” He tried his to retort in his usual carefree tone, but the truth is it was` painful to say anything. Now, the merc was caught between Baron and Swan. Perhaps the tables have turned for the better. The Merc’s attention was completely invested on Baron, completely ignoring Swan. From Masami’s perspective, she could see a deep gash on the Merc’s armor, where Baron had struck before. “....Swan…get out of here..this is my fight…” Once again, he was trying to get her to leave.

Masami shook her head, refusing to go as she started to hatch a plan. "You should know by now that I'm too stubborn to do that Baron. And for your information, I consider myself neither stupid or brave. I like to think of myself as impulsive," she said as she motioned for the chakrams that the MetaMerc deflected to return to her as discreetly as possible while he was distracted. She then embedded cursed energy to it and signaled for Scheherazade to flank the enemy before dashing toward him as she threw the chakrams out aiming for the hand he held his weapon in. This was not her main goal though. As the chakrams made contact, she swiftly took out Baron's gun, maneuvering in front of the MetaMerc and aimed at the gash in his armor firing into it several times before letting the recoil throw itself back up and over her shoulder in the direction of Baron to catch.

The masked villain would be shocked at the sudden strong attacks that impacted him from behind. Despite hitting its mark, the merc held onto his weapon with a deathgrip, though he was impressed by her ingenuity in the face of facing a physically superior opponent. Using the small moment of distraction to his advantage, Baron would kick his opponent away to create space between them before snatching the flying gun mid-air. Baron quickly unfolded his buster sword and placed it back on his belt for unholstering his other gun, combining it into its sniper rifle configuration. The rifle began to glow with golden energy as multiple powerful rounds were discharged from it. The golden streaks of energy would pierce the opponents armor multiple times.

The merc recoiled backwards in pain, clutching onto his chest which at this point was riddled with holes that began to bleed a black liquid. “Follow my lead.” Baron spoke, separating his gun once more and throwing one of them towards her direction. Masami caught it with grace as she made her way jumping to the other side of their target. Baron would throw his last flash grenade onto the masked foe before charging onto him, firing a barrage of bullets towards his direction while motioning Masami to do the same. She immediately did as was told, shooting one precisely aimed bullet after another. As he got closer, he began sliding onto the ground to get a better angle at the less protected areas of the bodies. The momentum would carry him forward and allow him to reposition himself behind that merc. “This clinches it!” Standing back up behind the Merc, he would press and activate the combining mechanism on his gun, opening it, preparing it to receive the other half of the gun to return to its sniper rifle configuration. “Do the same thing you did with your chakram!” He instructed her to empower his pistol with the dark element, giving it an extra kick, while his own gun began glowing gold.

Now having made her way around to also be behind the Merc and was now next to Baron, she quickly waved a hand over the gun, making its aura glow a brilliant red with a few smoke lines of black mixed in as she aimed it at him. They shot simultaneously at the MetaMerc creating two orbs of opposing forces, red against gold, with him in the middle, getting the full impact of each. Wind picked up from the blasts making whatever loose fabric they each had flow back. As the lights started to subside she held the gun upward and next to her face. "Is it over?" She asked, waiting for the debris to settle.

The combined power of the two metaverse users combined into a volatile ball of explosive force. The projectiles would hit merc with full force, sending him flying across the room and deep into the wall, creating a dark tunnel into the abyss.

Baron breathed, inhaled and exhaled. Still trying to recover from the venom coursing through his veins. “No…we…people like him dont go down that easy….” Baron replied. He slowly motioned for Swan to get moving, cautiously moving away from the hole. Suddenly from the hole, the familiar voice of the Merc called out to his own persona. “Jormungandr!” This was then followed by the violent rumbling of the ground beneath them, until eventually, a massive Cobra-like snake emerged from the ground, attempting to swallow the two whole in its maw. At the last second Baron would push Swan out of the way, as he was carried off into the ceiling, where the snake continued to burrow upwards with Baron in its mouth, leaving behind a big gapping hole that went all the way to the surface of mementos.

1666584178719.png

Masami looked up, deciding that the ceiling was too high for her to jump up through, so she had no choice but to take the stairs up to find them. She ran as fast as she possibly could, hoping that Baron would still be at the very least alive when she got to him.

Upon reaching upstairs, Baron could be seen lying on the ground, just a few meters away from Mementos. He struggled to get up after an attack like that, but from the looks of it, managed to fend off the creature and its owner as well.

When she spotted him she got down next to him and lightly shook the mentor, not even checking to see if the Metamerc was still there. “Baron? Baron, you chivalrous asshole, you didn’t need to jump in for me. You better stay alive,” her words came out as uncouth yet the expression of how she said them contrasted into worry as she placed a hand on his abdomen uttering, “Recarm”. Even though she wasn’t equipped to heal him of the poison, she knew that it would at least help him until he was able to acquire a cure from wherever his personal stash was. She then waited, expecting him to wake up. Looking down at him in this state, she felt guilty as if this was all her fault. “I’m so sorry Baron. Damn it, I knew I should have done this on my own,” she scolded herself while this was the first time she had apologized to him.

Baron said nothing at first, remaining motionless on the ground. A few seconds later he would cough and move again, revealing that he wasn't even unconscious, just resting there out of exhaustion. “You know…usually people would thank other people when they do something nice for them instead of calling them an asshole…” He joked while propping himself back up onto his feet. From his belt he would grab a vial filled with a mysterious liquid. He would shyly slide his mask up a bit to drink potion, finally counteracting the venom inside him. Baron breathed a sigh of relief, finally feeling better again as he dusted the debri on him. “As if you could have pulled this off yourself….” Despite what she may think, Baron wasn’t angry at all at the fact that she asked for help. In facting, it made him feel happy that one of the team members was comfortable enough to ask something from him. But then again she did try to blackmail him……

“How about you listen to my orders next time? You could’ve gotten killed tonight had I not intervene in the last few encounters.” Now, there was a hint of annoyance in his voice for this sentence, but he seemed relieved to see that she was healthy enough to continue to condescend him. “No more free favors for you!” He sighed once more, noting how much trouble he had gotten into just to fulfill her request. He really has gotten soft.

Regardless of how much he was berating her on the events of the evening, she was very glad to see him conscious, knowing that he would be able to heal from the damage done.

As for his recommendation on following his orders next, she knew that if it were to happen again she would react the same way as she did. “Not a problem. I don’t think I’ll be asking for another favor in quite a while if at all. And hey, I could’ve gotten killed, but I’m still here. I think you need to give me a bit more credit, partner. If you want consistency with someone following your orders, you should hang around one of the other Phantom Thieves members more often… aside from maybe Shiro.”

She knew that she wouldn’t have been able to deal with everything that had happened to her, but at least he wouldn’t have gotten hurt like he did. On the other hand, she probably wouldn’t have been able to steal her parents' hearts to begin with. She inwardly retracted her statement, once again feeling thankful for his help even though she felt like she didn’t deserve it since she tried to blackmail him. She looked away timidly as she then started to say, “But all jokes aside, you’re right. You do deserve a thank you. You could have easily turned me away, but you didn’t. I know that you’d probably say it was to keep me in good standing to continue happily working on the Kamoshida case, although what you've done today helped me all the same anyway.”

"Believe what you want. I fulfilled my end of the bargain. And you will fulfill yours.” And just like that, Baron slips back into this cold and calculating businessmen persona. “If I were you, I’d be concerned about who hired that metamerc to off your parents. People like him don’t come in cheap. So I’d suggest looking into who they’ve wronged recently to narrow down the culprits.” For him, it was back to simple business. Well, as simple as it can be at least. In his line of work, it pays to be professional when dealing with clients. And as much as he has become fond of this group, they should still be treated as just another client.

“It really could be a whole list of people that it could be. Narrowing it down might be difficult. I don’t usually prod into their dealings, but over the next couple of days while they are reflecting on their behavior, I will make sure to acquire such intel. Who knows, they might end up trying to send them after me next,” She put a hand to her chin in thought. He made a good point that she really hadn’t thought of until he brought it to her attention.

“Well we probably shouldn’t stay out here for too much longer, huh?” She was about to get up but then stopped as she said, “Oh, I still haven’t given you a proper thank you.” She paused, placing a thin finger to the cheek of her mask tapping it in thought. She wasn’t used to the mere act of thanking someone so it was quite difficult for her to think of something. Not to mention she didn’t really have anything to give to him. Suddenly a thought came to her with a blush making her currently glad that her mask covered most of her face. As she contemplated the reward, she felt that it was unconventional yet fitting in light of recent events. Plus he certainly would have earned such a prize. The only question was, would he allow it? “Okay I got it but, you got to take off your mask first.”

As if she would be able to see his eyes in the first place. He already had a hunch on what she was gonna do. But even a guy like him isn't mean enough to deny such a thing. "Is this still part of your request?" He joked and sighed. No harm in humoring with her request for a token of appreciation. He slid his mask upwards, revealing his rather sweaty face. Despite having the same face, he looked very different from his usual self in school. Much more hardened, serious and ruthless. "Well, what's so important that you require me to expose my visage?" He asked sarcastically.

“Just shut up and take my thank you,” She said embarrassingly as she took off her own mask revealing that she was still blushing knowing that he would notice. When she looked at him she had to admit that she had always found him appealing, but that was never a factor in her mind that would have changed her opinion of him whether she did or not. This time it was different though, after today she was starting to see him in a different light.

Even with her blush she refused to let herself crumble in front of him like a lovesick fool. She leaned forward letting her nose brush the side of his as she placed a hand on his chest and with her other hand she slyly gave him back his gun, slipping it into his holster with a sleight of hand wondering how long it would take for him to notice. She wanted to know what his reaction would be with anticipating a kiss before she then just kissed him on the cheek. “There, now I won’t tell the others about how I’m your favorite if you don’t tell them about that, okay?” She smiled.

Sougo stared into the girl's eyes, his vision unflinching. As expected she went in for the kiss on the cheek, which was the safest option. He thought it was funny how much she was blushing even before the kiss, practically looking like she was having a fever. But in all honesty he didn't expect her to follow through with it. He found it pleasantly surprising and surprisingly pleasant. He also noticed that she slipped his gun onto his holster, a very useful skill to have. After her lips parted from his cheek, he would slowly slide back his mask in place. But if she was quick enough to notice, she would see a small smile. "You're welcome…you're good with your hands. That can come in useful later…" He was quick to change the subject back to something more professional.

This time Masami actually welcomed his deflection into a different topic. She wasn’t completely ready to come to terms with the feelings she deep down knew she was starting to have for Sougo. The ex-swindler wasn’t too shocked to hear he immediately noticed that his gun was safely back in his possession. There was a reason why he had the reputation that he did. She scoffed as she stood up while putting her bird skull mask on, “While it is useful, it’s also what got me in trouble with you in the first place as I’m sure you haven’t forgotten.”

She then looked at his wounds and asked, "you'll be okay heading back on your own though right?"

"Hm….don't you worry about me Swan, I'll be fine. And I'll be sure to utilize your skills cautiously." Once again, he placed his on her shoulder, but something felt different this time, as if there was more mutual understanding between them. "You've become a very important member of this team. I'll be sure to take care of each and everyone of you." There was a sinister undertone, though knowing Sougo, it's probably all part of his galaxy brained plan.

And so just like the first day they became partners, he ended things with a hand on her shoulder and a vague statement, yet Masami interpreted it as him reassuring her rather than before where he seemed to try to give off a feeling of superiority. “I’m sure you will. Goodnight Baron,” She took out her phone giving him one last look before pressing the familiar icon of an eye before leaving the metaverse. Just like that, the masked man disappeared from sight in the next second.

Now she accepted him and his antics as she felt a change within herself. Happy that her parents were finally going to accept responsibility for all that they have done and Masami can now choose the kind of person who she wants to be. She didn’t know the kind of person she will be by the end of this venture being with the Phantom Thieves, but she knew that from this point on, she could freely decide her own path.

Last edited:
And so, with some difficulty, the group finally managed to agree on a specific date, to come together and redeem their Wilton buffet tickets. Upon entering the restaurant's entrance, they were greeted with a massive floor lined with multiple tables of gourmet food. The sitting area was packed with all sorts of rich-looking folks, ranging from politicians to some small-time celebrities. All of them were seated in specially enclosed sections with bodyguards. To say that the group of would-be delinquents didn't fit in was an understatement, so much so that the staff was initially reluctant to let them in. Although the tickets themselves were authentic, they had a hard time believing that such "people" were able to afford them.

A line started to form behind the group, many complaining about what was causing the delay. Some of them were advocating for the staff to just let them in, while others seemed less enthusiastic about sharing a dinner place with hooligans. Eventually, a familiar face shows up from within the restaurant, wearing the waiter's attire. "What's the hold up here? I've already got multiple tables ready for more guests." Sougo asked, clearly perplexed why the staff hasn't let anyone in despite the long forming line. "I am just having some...difficulties verifying the validity of these tickets...." The entry staff replied while holding onto the group's tickets, prompting Sougo to walk over toward the reception area to look at the tickets with his own eyes. "Looks pretty legit to me..." Sougo shrugged, not finding any issues with the tickets. "Agata-san...I implore you to look closer...." the staff continued to press the issue, trying to question how students like these could possibly acquire such tickets. "Alright... be my guest, continue holding the line.." Sougo shrugged slowly walking away. "...though I dont think the manager would appreciate your...selective.. attention to detail." and there it was again, that sly grin of a devil that knows exactly what to say to get the cogs turning.

"Right...please come in...welcome to the Wilton buffet. Please, follow the waiter, he will escort you to your sitting area." just like that, the line was moving again. Sougo gladly gestured the group to follow him, leading them to a dining table big enough for their group.
"My sincerest apologies about the difficulties earlier, he's still a bit green in certain areas. But hey at least you got in!" Sougo spoke in his carefree tone once he was out of the earshot of the other staff. "Alright, so here's how it works over here...the food tables are divided into groups based on meat, seafood, and dessert. Throughout the night, the dishes will be periodically refilled. You're free to bring as much food to your table as you want, but please make sure you finish it as you will be charged for any excess waste left behind. I am your assigned waiter for the night, so I will be in charge of removing your empty plates, and refilling your drinks, so feel free to eat to your heart's content." Sougo gave the group an award-worthy smile while putting two pitchers of water on the table and setting up their glasses. It was nice to see the entire group out and open like this. He himself was tempted to join in the festivities, but for now, he had to stay undercover.

The other guest present looked over to the group's private table in envy, as they were only able to afford the community table where they hard to share space with each other. Some speculated that they must have won a lottery or something to be able to afford the most expensive tier of the ticket, while others suggested that they must have friends in high places. There was a strange judgemental atmosphere around the place, and yet many of the people there simply accepted their presence as a sign that they too were hardworking members of society deciding to reward themselves.

That Weird girl That Weird girl Nellancholy Nellancholy Maeve Valor Maeve Valor Anthem Anthem accursedjobber accursedjobber

As Masami waited in line for the employee to check if the tickets were real over an over again, she was starting to get impatient and even a bit irritated with the whole ordeal. With it being a five star establishment, they should be able to tell a real one from a fake one right? Then again, she also could tell the real reason for what was preventing him from just letting them in. Some of the onlookers made this evident as well. Just when Masami couldn't stand this prejudice of the group anymore and was about to speak up, she saw none other than Sougo approach the employee to take care of the issue.

"Well that explains how he got the tickets," Masami thought as everyone was accepted into the restaurant and being led to their table. After Sougo went over how eating at the buffet worked, Masami was the first to speak, passing off her seeing him as more of an acquaintance. "Much appreciated Agata, expect to come back often cause I have a feeling some of us here will be going through an ungodly amount of plates," Masami looked to Ann's backpack referring to Morgana and his love for sushi. She then looked to the people surrounding them, noticing that some them were pointing, whispering to each other, even giggling after taking glances. Masami had suspected prior to coming that they would be received in such a way, and she was never one to just let people look down at her. Thankfully, she came prepared.

"Right, now before we stuff our faces... Ann, Shiro, mind coming with me for a moment?" She excused herself from the group and began leading the two other girls in the group to the woman's restroom.

"As I'm sure you both have seen, we aren't exactly welcome around here so..." upon reaching the restroom, Masami placed a large purse she was carrying onto the bathroom counter and took out three decent looking evening gowns. "I figured we could alleviate the attention by blending in and looking the part as people that deserve to be here. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like being gawked at. It's up to you if you want to borrow one of these," she mentioned in a non-caring tone. Although she did feel bad about not having anything for the guys since she was only able to bring what she had from her wardrobe.

Nellancholy Nellancholy That Weird girl That Weird girl TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

Last edited:
"The Walton Buffet? I, I mean, ahem." Koyuki folded her arms. "Banchou, it certainly can't hurt to double check."

"It's real, Koyuki-dono." Shiro waved the ticket in front of Koyuki, gently swaying her legs as she sat on the railing of one of the bridges overlooking the Nihonbashi canal. "The invitation was at the behest of Ogawa-san. You do remember her, do you not? It was with her timely assistance that I was able to expose the Matriarch of the Order."

"Oh!" Koyuki put her hand to her lip in mock surprise. "Certainly, I understand. Why, I wish I could go too..." Koyuki wasn't too sure how exactly Shiro and her new pals had helped to defeat the Order of Metatron, but she trusted she wouldn't lie to her about her involvement. Despite the tensions rising within the gang, Koyuki was actually pleased with the fact that Shiro was socializing more with people outside of it. If she could see a little further outside her everyday hardships...maybe she wouldn't have any problem moving on once Koyuki left for good.

"...I'll take you out one day too, Koyuki." For a moment, Shiro's voice softened. "Go report back to the rest, I'll be back later tonight."

And so it was that Shirome Akiyama too, was present at the Walton Buffet. Clad in a pink dress shirt that was a little too loose, slacks that were a little too tight, and a pair of leather loafers, all of provenance that was probably better not questioned. If anything, she looked like an intern at an accounting firm, or a particularly hard-up host. She was probably a good part of why the Thieves were being looked at askance, but that ever weaselly Sougo knew just the right kind of pressure to apply to get them in without further ado.

Well, it'd been a while since she'd gotten to eat somewhere that warranted more than one plate, but she didn't necessarily care to indulge. Maybe just enough to make the Baron's means worth it. After all, the real reason they were here was to "bond", whatever exactly that meant. She couldn't say she wasn't curious about what that masked boy's deal was, or that bookish type. Probably the kind of kid she'd see getting shoved around and made to do other people's homework, back when she still bothered showing up to school.

But before she could make any decision, Masami had led her into the washroom.

"I..." Maybe it was the humid air that tended to pervade washrooms in commercial buildings (no matter how posh), but Shiro's face seemed to have flushed a little as she ran her hands over the fabric. Something akin to the blue fire she first felt in the Velvet Room stirred inside her as she sheepishly made eye contact with Masami, then Ann. "...how'd you get these?" Maybe that "something" was...vulnerability?

Carefully, she slid her fingers along the neckline of one of the dresses, noting how far her arms went as she made the gesture. Then she held the dress up a bit higher, noting the length.

"'Preciate the gesture." Shiro mumbled, her voice seeming to get deeper by an octave or so. "Won't fit, though. You should hold onto it. Maybe...another time." She'd been saying that a lot, lately. Somehow, this evening, she sounded a lot less like a warlord from a period drama, and more...ordinary.

Last edited:
Impatience is a non-existent paradigm made by the iteratable masses to pigsty off of other's ambitions, the delay was getting to Isao a bit. Tapping his feet and pacing idly can only occupy his attention for so long, the lavish meal plan disappointing his expectations already for no reason in particular apart from the fact that Isao at least could attest wanting to be comfortable when eating.

Thankfully Inter-personal corruption played out in front of them, truly cementing them all as hardened criminals willing to go to extreme length. Still the amount of preplanning required was truly admirable to improve one's own employability by also working at such a high-class location, the mind of a criminal truly works in mysterious ways. Ignoring the looks given by the inquisitive looks of the proper customers, if there was one thing he learnt in his pursuit of the semi existent was how to ignore others.

Following a dietary plan for the day of nothing to skip a meal except for this banquet only worsening his impatience as they finally got to the table. "Thank you"

Shamelessly pouring himself some water and drinking it down getting to the first metaphorical final course of the prologue into the first course of the day, not wanting to make the same mistake as the girls, taking action in the form of grabbing a plate and heading straight for the meat section after all it was common knowledge that meat helps you grow stronger choosing to grab food and talk the talk later after braving the harsh reality of the banquet no man's land.

"Oh thank you Masami," Ann smiled at the gesture of her friend and especially that it made Shiro more ordinary and she appreciated that. Morgana was speechless at Shiro's reaction because he just thought of her as a tough no nonsense girl who hates people and especially cats but that part is warranted. "Lady Shiro...." Morgana snickered softy and dug deeper in Ann's backpack in fear of Shiro overhearing him. Ann seemed to not hear him and set her backpack down for a bit and grabbed a red gown and went to go change.

Ann came out looking a bit more like she would belong in this establishment. She decided to give Masami and Shiro some time alone and grabbed her backpack and went off to join the boys. She wondered how Imato would eat with a mask on and not be profiled as a criminal. "So what are you guys going to get first?" She asked eagerly to both of them and sighed, "I know this guy is going to eat an ungodly amount of sushi...." She gestured to Morgana in her bag and knew that people would think she is weird for grabbing a lot of sushi but Morgana earned it.

Ann left the boys and went to the sushi table and started to put every sushi on a plate if she could. "More!" Morgana shouted excited to pig out on sushi. Ann rolled her eyes and thought that this night could not get any worse from this point.

Not really caring too much about the food here, Imato stayed at the table the whole time the girls were gone until Ann had come back. He didn't bother to answer what he was going to grab since as soon as she arrived, Ann left with Morgana to get some sushi for the cat. With a sigh, he would finally stand and decide to find something he could eat with ease considering that he was still wearing the mask.

Though as he predicted, Imato started to hear the people around him whisper about the 'masked criminal' that was so close to them. Growling under his breath, he would ignore the talk for now as he just grabbed a simple piece of cake to eat for now. "Who let someone like... him... in here? I didn't know they let street urchins in now." One of the nearby men in a suit had said to his coworker, making sure Imato heard the remarks, trying to get a reaction out of the teen. Unbeknownst to the man however, Imato's reaction was swift, having flung a one of the berries on his cake directly at one of the man's eyes, blinding him temporarily as the teen swiftly returned to his seat.

"Damned rich fools." Was all Imato said as he sat down, and moved his mask forward slightly, taking a bite of his cake. His face was still mostly obscured as he did this.

After Ann grabbed a dress ans took it into the stall Masami chuckled a little at Shiro and how she responded. It was nice to see Shiro seeming so appreciative and a little bit out of her comfort zone. It made her more relatable in comparison to the usual headstrong demeanor she always put on. "When do you think you'll get another chance like this to act like you're one of the high class folks? But whatever, suit yourself," Masami shrugged as she put away away one dress leaving only one left in her hand as she took it into the stall herself.

When she came out, she had on a black halter dress that seemed to oddly fit her style well. Masami then searched around the room for Ann only to notice her backpack with Morgana in it was gone so she must have already slipped out while she was getting dressed.

Masami.jpg

Now that it was just the two delinquents, she felt more open to speak to her as she looked to Shiro, "And um, by the way, to answer your question, those dresses were given to me by my parents... They used to send me to this joint sometimes to swindle a good amount from this demographic of people." After admitting it to Shiro she then thought to her said parents that were currently locking themselves away in the house, wallowing in their guilt, wondering how they were going to relieve themselves of it. The worst part about it was that she did not pity them at all for what they were currently going through.

She snapped herself out of her thoughts not realizing that her gaze had drifted away from Shiro and off into the distance momentarily. "Oh, but don't you worry about me though. I won't be pulling anything like that today, I promise," she said waving the very thought of doing such a thing away.

"Well, we should be getting to others before they cause too much trouble. I have a sneaking suspicion that our occupancy here will be for only a trial period," she smiled to Shiro and started to head back and join the others.

Nellancholy Nellancholy

Last edited:
Seeing Imato wasting no time to cause havoc within the buffet was a worrying sight, to say the least. Thankfully the staff was simply too busy to notice the blueberry assault. Considering the severity of the offense, it was probably for the best considering that such an action would easily lead to all of them getting kicked out. Sougo couldn't help but sigh at this lack of tact, from a supposed Phantom thief no less. Regardless, Sougo delivered a tray of fancy-looking drinks, mocktails, to the group's table, serving them with his usual smile. He knew they didn't order drinks, but it wasn't often he got to see familiar and friendly faces in his line of work. "Its on the house." He said with a smile and a wink.

Shortly after that, his expression briefly reverted to his "serious" face, something that he often had when dealing with problems as a student council member. Turning to Imato, Sougo spoke in a passive-aggressive tone, giving him a stern warning while still being somewhat respectful.
"I'd tone down that Chunni demeanor of yours, M-san. Lest you want your feast to be cut short." Their eyes briefly met, as the blonde-haired waiter gave him an unwavering gaze that easily pierced through the thin mask he had. Sougo himself wasn't too bothered by his eccentricities but that didn't give him an excuse to bother other people. The fact that they even let him in with the mask was reasonably considerate, such ungentlemanly behavior will not be tolerated here. At least not for long.

Even among the other students, he had always found Imato somewhat of an anomaly among his peers. Within his earlier ventures into the Metaverse, he would often visit the shadows of students to make a catalog of information for noteworthy individuals, which included many of the students in Shujin high. In the past, he found that Imato's shadow stood out as an overly rebellious specimen, making it unsurprising as to why he had the potential. But even so, Sougo would need to carefully evaluate if such behavior could lead to unnecessary complications.

After issuing the warning, he finally had some time to give a proper look at all the lady's new attire. He didn't expect them to bother changing their outfits AFTER they had entered the buffet, but that didn't mean they didn't look good. He was also pleasantly surprised that Shiro of all people went along with it, despite her disposition and personality. Perhaps the objective of them bonding as a team is working out afterall. Sougo couldn't help but smile and compliment the ladies. "You ladies should've opened with that, I doubt any of you would have any trouble getting in dressed like that." While there wasn't an official dress code per say, the greenhorns at the entrance often gave less wealthy-looking people a hard time. Something Sougo finds absolutely absurd.
1666789509797.png
As Sougo retreated back into the kitchen, a loud whistle could be heard coming from an unfamiliar-looking boy. "Wow you're looking good Ann-Chan!" said the voice with noticeable enthusiasm backing it up. It was noneother than Ryosuke Tomari, the blonde girl's gym buddy.

And with her decision made, it was time for Shiro to rejoin the group, the decidedly indulgent atmosphere of mass-produced (but considerably high-end) food still in the air, circulated in part by the blasts of air-conditioned air issuing from the vents. Well, since they were here she may as well partake. Some pasta, a few small cuts of beef, a gratuitous salad composed of several leafy vegetables, a few cubes of preserved fruit drenched in cordial in a cocktail glass...it was precisely when one lived as she did that one had to care about nutrition.

Shiro and the gang didn't always eat a lot, but it had always better be balanced. Despite her likely being gone for a couple hours at most, Shiro's thoughts remained with her sisters. Dammit, she just hoped Koyuki wouldn't let the others know where she had gone in her usual approach of openness and honesty. If they knew where Shiro was, the kind of company she was keeping, how she was eating...she just knew that damned rabble-rouser Amane would try to stir them up against her. But if she succeeded, could Shiro blame her? It was her firm hand that kept the group in line (and with a strong sense of camaraderie) when they were struggling to survive on the streets. the past few weeks had been important, but had also taken her away from them for much too long.

If the group left, if they fractured? Maybe it needed to happen.

Casting those thoughts out of her mind for the time being, Shiro sat down next to Imato. "Nice shot you made earlier. I guess this is as good a time as any to say...I think you did a good job with Ogawa the other day. Where'd you pick up those skills, huh?" Maybe she was being a little overbearing, a sharp swing from her stern, bellowing demeanor. But she couldn't see him being too bothered by that...

Anthem Anthem

Imato's eyes didn't drift over when Sougo brought over drinks for the group, kindly stating that they were on the house much to Imato's surprise. Though as the waiter's expression turned to one of a serious demeanor as he addressed Imato's behavior. It would take him a moment to realize that his nickname had been used, much to his surprise. Imato glared back at Sougo before nodding. "Yeah, I hear you, Agata... I hear you." He would say with a serious tone, before turning his attention away from the situation as an attempt to prevent himself from overreacting.

Imato tried to think of how Sougo knew who he was behind the mask, he took into consideration his position as a highly regarded member of the student council, but ruled it out. After all, Imato never wore the mask while at school, only when with the other thieves or sometimes around the city. He then sighed as he came up with a theory, but didn't want to think any more of it now.

His attention then soon turned to Shiro, being rather surprised that she had started to speak to him. Nonetheless, Imato smiled a bit under his mask as he recieved the compliment / question. "Thank you, I believe you and the others did a good job dealing with those damned Mercs. At least from what I heard. As for the skills, I suppose I can say most of it was from Self-Defense Classes and various other interests of mine." Imato explained with a somewhat quiet tone to prevent passrrbys hearing, while recalling his time outside of Japan. He wasn't bothered by Shiro's question or attitude, he just reacted as if it were normal.

When Masami had returned to the table, she set down her purse and then noticed a few drinks were being set on the table, courtesy of Sougo. Seeing him as waiter like this had Masami thinking that working at a high end place like this really suited him. She made sure to take a moment to grab one of the drinks, savoring the excellent mix as she looked around the buffet, deciding what she was going to put first onto her plate. Even though she had been there before, the delectable foods and drinks served there never ceased to impress her. She averted her attention back to group when Sougo complimented the girls at the table with their attire. Feeling a tad bit flattered she was about to respond, but he was already leaving to attend to something else. With that, she smiled to herself as she took one more drink from her beverage before getting up grab a plate of her own.

She grabbed dishes from a variety of food groups until she made her way to the meat section and saw Isao piling his plate full of only meat. Masami tilted her in curiosity since most people would take this chance at a buffet to explore a healthy diversity of food. She walked to him and grabbed a few items from the section next to him and casually asked, "So what's with all the meat? Do you have a iron deficiency or something?"

accursedjobber accursedjobber

Last edited:
Ann blushed when she heard Ryosuke compliment her on looking good. She didn’t expect to see him here she had to admit but it was nice to see her gym buddy. He probably would think she’s insane having a cat in her backpack…she quickly put her backpack down below the table and put the plate of sushi down there so Morgana could chow down.

“Well, I owe it to my friend Masami for the nice dress,” Ann said and smiled at him, “so, what brings you here?” She really hoped that he wouldn’t press her on how she could afford this although she could lie and say she has rich parents and lie if need be. It wasn’t too unbelievable.

Morgana didn’t really seem bothered by Tragedy’s little scene because all he could focus on was the sushi. The cat drooled a little as Ann set him down below the table with the sushi. He started to munch on it with glee.

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

Imato was casual, hardly concerned with how others perceived him. Of the small gang of outcasts that made up the Phantom Thieves for now, he was perhaps the strangest. Still, he was reliable enough. Shiro took the opportunity to just relax in the atmosphere as she ate, briefly getting to enjoy being on the other side of the glass, so to speak. "If only you were a 'sister'..." Shiro muttered. "Could use another strong pair of hands in my domain. I guess you should be thankful, though." She nodded at Imato. "At least you have a home to go to, unlike some people." Then again, no content, well-adjusted person would be running around with folk like them, wearing a mask all the damn time. Anthem Anthem

Of course, Ann ended up being the center of attention like she often did. All Shiro could ask for is that she didn't catch the eye of more dirtbags like Kajiki and Roadkill. After all, then it'd probably end up falling to her to deal with them with a few good punches or a stab from her lance. Still, the new arrival seemed passive enough to not be a problem, and not so pathetic that he'd loop around to being a problem. "All alone?" She addressed Tomari. "You're welcome to join us." That Weird girl That Weird girl TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

Maeve Valor Maeve Valor

Currently the Isao was facing the blowback of his hubris in his attempt to brave the wide selection of meat's on offer once again burdened by the limits of a mortal plate in the face of this task, having to ensure that the most effcient array of meat is aqquired not even starting on the fish yet section yet so he carried on attempting to balance the currently overloaded plate offered to him interupted in the alligned jenga making in Masmai speaking to him.

"Agreed, my current iron intakes may of lead to my current physical condition being insufficent for our rapid growth and activities so supplementation using meat should boastmy physical results to a better standard and improve development, also because it looks tasty."

To be so close to food yet unable to eat it were the necessary risks to achieve peak effciency coming to a great idea as he aqquires a empty kebab stick and stabs through the meat on his plate finally keeping it still enough for transportation back to the table though did a double take as he to reafirm himself as for some reason something seemed to be different about Masamai and with a look back Takamaki as well them all having returned from their suspicious exit along with the now crowded table occupied by the others, coming to his conclusion.

"I may have no idea why you guys smuggled clothes in but please take care to not put stains on rentals and stay out of trouble with whatever you have planned."

Already the hunger was affecting Isao more than he thought as he realised that his mental capacities were being reduced by the second without food so he quickly with much effort got to balancing his plate of various meats over to the thieve's table and after spitting out the piece held in his mouth on to the plate, started snacking down with wild determination as he attempts to conqeuor the pyre of meat he aqquired in a futile effort to empty it.

"R-rentals?" Masami was only able to muster while she stood, deadpanned at his statement as Isao walked back to the table with his meat-covered plate. "The nerve of that guy! Just how ratty does he see me to think that I can't get my hands on a nice dress?! Given, they are just nice knock-offs, but he obviously doesn't know that. And what kind of thing does he think I'm planning?!" Masami thought as she fumed still next to the meat section. After breaking her dumbfounded expression she stabbed into a piece of meat that she was previously looking at before Isao spoke, and shoved it onto her plate with a huff.

After a few more items to her plate, she too then made her way back to the table and noticed a person she did not recognize there speaking to Ann. Masami reclaimed her seat among the group as Shiro formally invited the stranger to join them oddly enough. Probably to satisfy Ann since she looked like she was obviously enjoying his company. Looking over her now, she wasn't too surprised that the red evening dress fit her well. It was no wonder that she caught the eye of someone. The dress was ever so slightly loose, but no one would be able to tell unless they were paying close attention.

"Yes, please, join us. It won't be an intrusion at all," Masami chimed in with Shiro, wanting to also help Ann have the best time she could with this occasion. After all, that's what friends are for right?

"That modeling gig must be doing pretty good if you can afford to eat at this place!" Ryosuke smiled, happy that his good "friend" Ann was doing well in her career path. If only he too could emanate the same success as her. He was curious to see who exactly were the people that Ann hung out with. They didn't look like the stereotypical spoiled rich kids that frequently visited this place, and if they were Ann's friends, they must be pretty good people, at least that was his line of thought. He was caught off guard when a tough-looking girl invited him over to join them. Not long after that, a green-haired girl had also approved his arrival, wanting him to join the group. "Erm...actually I am not alone.. but..." Ryosuke seemed hesitant to accept their offer, briefly turning towards a table that looked like it was having an important meeting between people of various ages.
1667128391670.png
Gai, one of the members of his Ryosuke's group turned to face his old friend to give him a nod of approval and thumbs up. Of course, he had agreed to it, it was after all his plan from the begining. "Alright! That's just the greenlight I need, I'll be back with food then!" Ryosuke seemed delighted that his best friend was willing to support his attempt at making new friends. Returning with a plate stacked with multiple layers of different meat, the boy sat down next to Ann while smiling excitedly at the prospect of eating all that meat. "I know we're supposed to stick to a diet and all, but we gotta have our cheat days every now and then right?" he said half-jokingly, hoping that the girl had been keeping her word about following a strict diet. "Oh right...where are my manners!" the young man face-palmed releasing he forgot to introduce himself properly. "I am Ryosuke Tomari, a student and athlete from Kosei High School! Oh and Ann's gym partner!" He proudly announced to the group while raising his fist to Ann hoping that she would reciprocate the fist bump. At first, he honestly was just trying to get together with Ann, but over time, he realized that she was a good gym partner to have, continuing to push each other to their limit.

"Hey you! You seem like a competitive fella!" Ryosuke spoke to the only other person that had a large amount of meat to rival his, Isao "What say we have a bit of friendly competition? Do you think you can finish more plates of meat than me?" He never shied away from making just about everything a competition.

At the back room, Sougo was reviewing some notes he made about his recent encounter against Imato.

Imato walked through the streets of the city, letting his mind ponder as he thought back to the meeting the thieves had with Baron. His face scrunched up a bit as he recalled Baron recommending against travel through Mementos while solo, something Imato had done just moments before going to said meeting. Once again his thoughts went back to wondering if his identity had really been revealed after his attempts of trying to keep it hidden from everyone, the thieves, Baron, the Meta Mercs, all of them. Imato refused to ponder anymore, he needed answers and he needed them now. The teen pulled out his phone and hastily sent a direct message to Baron, to get some info straight, and to get rid of some anger.

Tragedy to Baron: “We have some pressing matters to speak of, concerning someone
being an unwanted set of eyes. I’ll be at the Path of Aiyatsbus again at the same time tomorrow, I expect to see you there.”

Was he overthinking this? Was Baron showing legitimate care to ensure the thieves didn’t get ganged up on while exploring Mementos alone? Imato didn’t know anymore, but he trusted this burning feeling at the back of his mind, to not give his complete trust to Baron. After the text he would take a moment to clear his mind before continuing his way back home, if he was going to confront Baron he needed all the rest he could possibly get. ‘This isn’t just for you, this is to see what can be learned… To learn if Baron is as trustworthy as he wants us to believe he is.’ Imato thought to himself to justify his actions, at least for now.

Baron to Tragedy: “As you wish.”

To think, one of the more secretive members is already asking to meet him alone. How amusing! The group was truly just full of mysteries and excitement. Regardless, he humored the secretive member’s request and showed up at the location during the allotted time. Well in truth it was 15 minutes earlier. As always he made it a habit to be earlier. And so, Baron waited for the mystery boy to show up, sitting on the checkpoint’s seats in a relaxed manner. Hopefully the boy didnt take too long to arrive. And when he did, he would give him his usual care-free greeting. “So..Tragedy. To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting? You mentioned something about unwanted eyes? Have you perhaps been compromised?” He really wasn’t sure what he referring to. The best he could think of was someone else had seen him go into the metaverse and now he needed help with keeping his secret.

“That depends on what you saw, Baron, if anything.” Imato started, going straight to the point and not beating around the bush at all. “From what I’ve gathered on you so far, I doubt you would mention something unless it seemed necessary to do so.” He continued to rant, taking time to get to his point. He wanted to ensure he was as clear as he could be so he was understood and not seen as a complete fool. “So when you mentioned not going through Mementos alone, I found it rather uncanny since right before the meeting I was going through this exact path here.” Imato continued to speak, reaching closer to the point of this conversation before saying out right to Baron. “So I have to ask… We’re you watching? And what did you see..?” He asked, hoping to get an answer but he would make sure to keep an eye out for any potential signs of lying from Baron.

“Ah I see, you are referring to that comment. It was merely a safety precaution, once you get strong, I’d be more than happy to let you have your own frolic. But as it stands, I’d rather not let you guys get jumped by MetaMercs here.” Baron reiterated the importance of not coming here alone to avoid getting caught flatfooted. However, perhaps he misunderstood his intention seeing as he shifted the focus of the conversation completely to him.

“Oh? Is that so?” His tone immediately shifted to his more carefree way of talking. He didn't really see it as that big of an issue. Since he monitors the group on a regular basis whenever they enter Mementos. He thought how he should approach this. Since he knew that the student Imato was notorious for his moodswings, it’d be best for him to give a non-confrontational answer. “I see that you have good potential but need a lot of work in certain areas.” he was non-challant with his answer, as always. But truth be told he did think Imato still required a lot of work in technique, especially given the fact that he refuses to summon it in front of everyone else. But then again, he’s not exactly the best person to talk about secrets is he? Baron remained seated and calm, carefully watching Imato and every minute movement he did. “Are you satisfied with that answer?”.

“That’s not what I meant, Baron.” Imato said, getting a bit more annoyed since he didn’t want any of Baron’s criticism at the moment, he only wanted answers and the longer he went without them, the more impatient he would get. “Did you see who’s behind this mask? Did you see my identity, the thing you told us to protect?” He said, getting more defensive over the subject as he continued his attempts to pry answers from Baron. “What makes you believe that you can just sit and ‘observe’ us whenever you please? Some of us wish to just be left alone without some person watching our every move.” Imato finished with that, now waiting once again for Baron’s response. Was he getting unreasonable with this interrogation of the man who was helping them through their battles? Possibly, but that wouldn’t stop Imato from finding the truth he needed to be satisfied, even if it takes some… Physical altercations to reach that truth.

“Ah…that. In that case… yes I have seen your face. Though if I am being honest, I don’t see what the big deal is…” He really didn’t. The only reason he has shown his own face was because they haven’t faced anything strong enough to warrant the use of his own persona. That said, he did find it interesting for Imato to start criticizing him for being an “observer.” of their fights. Baron found it funny that this fledging persona user would criticize that aspect of their relationship above or else. He had a myriad of ways to respond to this statement, but ultimately he understood that he still required his cooperation for future operations, so there would be a limit as to how harsh he could be.

”Have you ever gone swimming before?..” He broke the awkward silence with a somewhat random question. “Picture this for a moment, you’re a swimming instructor for a team of people who have never gone swimming before their entire lives. They’ve taken their first steps toward learning how to swim. Despite being new, they learn fast and quickly wish to go the deeper end of the pool. However, the instructor can see that they aren’t ready yet and deny them their request. But…” Baron turned to look at Imato, as if trying to imply something. “One of them felt that they knew, better and decided to go for a swim, alone. They did fine at first…but eventually, they become fatigued and almost drown. Fortunately for him, his instructor had secretly been following him this entire time and saves him from a watery grave…” Baron finished his sentence with a sigh, hoping that even Imato would understand the analogy.

“Do you understand now?” his tone seems a lot more serious than before. He wanted to let Imato know how serious this matter was to him. “And If you wished to be left alone by me and the MetaMercs, I already gave you a way out before all this…” He was of course referring to his offer to forcefully remove his persona. “And that offer is still very much on the table..” He didnt want him to quit. If anything he wanted him to get angry for even suggesting such a thing.

Imato would grow annoyed of Baron’s response rather quickly, after all he was the one who told the thieves that keeping their identities hidden mattered, or was that a load of bullshit in the end? He believed keeping his true self unknown was better for them all in the end anyway, to prevent any form of personal dispute, but it seemed his belief was just his usual skeptic mind working in droves to rationalize anything it could. Imato sighed and would attempt to speak again before Baron made his analogy which did nothing but upset him even more than before.

Once Baron spoke again in a now more serious manner, Imato would be shocked that Baron still offered to rid him of his persona if he ‘wished to be left alone’. Just like a clueless animal, Imato fell for Baron’s act and did get angry… but anger wasn’t his only reaction to Baron restating the offer. Imato decided (rather abruptly) that it was time to take action, because if he could do something to prove himself he might not have to worry about any more unwanted attention while training.

“Like I would accept such a thing…” Imato would glare at Baron, growling under his breath as he continued to speak. “I won’t be letting you rid me of Loki, not today, not ever. And if you aren’t going to back off-” A shot would suddenly ring out, flying just to the right of Baron’s head, hitting the wall. The shot came from Imato, who had quickly drawn his Desert Eagle and shot within an instant, showing some mastery with the weapon even if it was a little. “I’ll have to make you do so myself.” As ridiculous as it sounded, Imato was genuinely challenging Baron to a battle. Did Imato believe he stood a chance? Maybe, his anger and arrogance were flowing as one at this point which led to this disastrous nature. Nonetheless, Imato got ready for battle as he unsheathed his military saber and entered a more battle-orientated stance.

“If violence is the only language you understand, I am more than happy to accommodate.”
Baron snickered a bit as the shot flew past him. A warning shot like that could get him in trouble with MetaMercs. It’s hesitation like that will be his downfall against the MetaMercs, individuals who are more determined and decisive with their actions. His gunplay was impressive, especially for a relatively new user. But all the same, he had much to learn, and he was happy to be his teacher.

Baron slowly got up from his sitting position, not in the slightest bit fazed by Imato's drawn sabre and gun that pointed at him. Heck, he didn't even bother unholstering his weapon and instead stretched his arms and cracked his fingers, while slowly walking towards him at a rhythmic pace. With each step, a golden aura began to emanate from him, getting stronger and stronger as he got closer. An incessant beeping could be heard coming from his communicator, indicating that there was a strong entity near him. If he were to take a look at his communicator right now, he would see that said entity as Baron, with a threat level of ?? and a noticeable skull icon on him.

What exactly was he hoping to achieve with this stunt? Maybe he just wanted to see what the gap was between them. Either way, this will be an important lesson for Imato. A few more steps later, Baron vanishes from his sight, without so much as a trace. No wind, no sound. He would however begin to feel the same overwhelming presence from behind him along with heavy hand on his shoulder. The pressure from the touch alone was palpable, the dread of fighting an unsurmountable force would loom over him. “What are you prepared to lose today, Tragedy?” How far was he willing to take this? Was he all talk and no bite? His next move will show his inner most intentions.

Imato would simply crack his neck as Baron stood, getting ready for a difficult battle, knowing that he couldn’t win this. But this wasn’t about winning in Imato’s mind, it was to learn what he could from battle and to grow from it despite the anger he showed before to make it seem otherwise. Seeing the golden aura and beeping from his communicator didn’t bring fear to Imato, it just made this feel even more needed, to test his limits and find what could be reached at this moment. ‘This is not going to end well for me, but I need to make the most of this while I can. I might not get a chance like this again for a while.’ He would think to himself, before seeing Baron vanish out of thin air.

Feeling a hand pressed down on his shoulder, alongside this force that pushed against his will to fight, Imato took a moment to take a breath and regain his resolve.”I’m not going to lose anything to you, Baron. From this, I’ll only gain.” He said with confidence before making his move. Baron was much too strong to grapple and throw over the shoulder, so Imato lunged forward and quickly turned back to slash at Baron. Slashing three times, aiming at Baron’s neck and chest, it was easy to recognize that he wasn’t messing around and meant to genuinely damage Baron if it’s even possible. Imato then jumped back, firing off three shots at Baron to create some distance.

“Hahahaah!” Baron cackled outloud, amazed by the fact that Imato ignored the signs of imminent danger around him and counter-attacked with deadly force. He liked the lack of hesitation, this could come in handy in the future. Baron would dodge the first two strikes with minimal movement, showing that he had strong preference and experience with close-range combat. “Thats it! Don’t hesitate! Fight! Fight like your life depended on it!” He shouted ecstatically, catching the third strike in mid-air with his hand, and holding it in place. “Because one day, it will..” Baron warned the young boy before snapping the blade with his grip.

Seeing his opponent take aim at his opponent, Baron too would unholster his gun, firing exactly 4 shots. The first three bullets were shot with great accuracy, shooting down Imato’s bullets with ease. The 4th and final shot would be aimed towards Imato’s gun, blowing it completely off his hand and shattering it to pieces upon impact. Baron playfully twirled his gun a few times before holstering it. The boy had finesse, and that deserves commendation from him. But it will take more than that to win a battle against him. “Alright, here’s your time limit. Once it’s up, you lose.” Baron took out the watched and activated the timer function, putting an alarm on for exactly two minutes. Once that time was up, he would swiftly end the battle. “For your sake, I hope you’ve got more tricks up your sleeve.” Baron gestured the boy to come at him. Having purposely broken both of his weapons, he wanted to see if he was willing to use his persona in such a situation.

Imato would be rather surprised that Baron shattered his saber so easily and was more annoyed that his gun was destroyed so easily. He rubbed the hand that was holding the gun that was destroyed. ‘I can’t say I didn’t expect this, but I didn’t want my weapons to be gone this early.’ Imato thought as he entered a lower defensive stance, ready for hand to hand combat since he didn’t plan to use his persona until a time limit was introduced. That’s when he changed his stance once again, focused more on offense than anything.

‘Two minutes, I have to make every attack count. But I have to ensure I don’t get taken down before then… Let’s do this.’ Imato would smile under his mask, looking at Baron like a true enemy. Like he said, fighting like it was a battle for their lives will be the key to even landing a singular good hit on this veteran. “You’d be surprised.” Was all Imato said before dashing at Baron, he was faster and stronger so the only way he could possibly avoid being completely avoided was being unpredictable. So, Imato would stance like he was going for a punch before twisting his body and going for a kick instead.

"Still reluctant to use your persona, I see." In that regard, the two were similar. But to do so in the current situation was extremely risky. Baron was baffled to see that the continued to pursue him in hand-to-hand combat, despite the clear disparity between the two. Baron casually raised one of his hands to catch his punch. But the punch never came, and instead transitioned to a kick.

What happened next was a strange event. There was a brief moment where Baron's hand remained still before his entire stance completely changed in a blink of an eye. Catching him by the leg, Baron threw him across the platform with ease. Before returning to his relaxed stance.

From Imato's point of view, if he was observant enough, he would notice how strange the movement was. Or lack thereof. It looked like there was a brief delay in Baron’s movements before he just reappeared in a more favorable position. It also looked like an animation that skipped a frame or two. "A fake out huh, I didn't think you'd pull such a trick on me. But then again, what else would I expect for someone with the God of tricksters by his side." Baron spoke, revealing without a shadow of a doubt that he had indeed seen his persona.

Imato would roll along the ground for a moment before shifting back to his feet, not allowing himself to stay down long to let Baron take advantage of his guard being down for a moment. He would be trying to figure out what had happened, how Baron moves from one stance to another so fast, to the point it seemed unreal even for the Metaverse. But to not waste any of the precious time he had against Baron, Imato would dash towards him again but this time making a small detour. He would rush to where his gun had shattered, picking up a few pieces of the scrap before continuing his assault.

“Then you should’ve seen this coming.” Imato used the scrap he picked up by chucking at Baron indiscriminately before lunging in for a punch to his chest. Seeing how there was a slight pause between the change of stances, Imato attempted to almost ‘overload’ that knowledge by having multiple things going on at once. There was the shrapnel thrown by Imato, while he also went in for an attack simultaneously. If this wouldn’t work, another plan would have to be made on the spot which would just eat away at the time more and more.

Baron was truly perplexed by Imato next move. The act of picking up the scraps from his broken weapon and using it as a projectile was resourceful and unexpected. But it's actual effectiveness was questionable. Baron, notheless responded to this "attack" by raising his cloak to block the shrapnel. Right after that, he would immediately raised his arm to catch Imato’s fist with a solid grip. "I admit, that was unexpected." Baron chuckled as he pushed his fist back sending him flying a few meters back and impacting the platform seat behind him.

As Imato recovered he would notice Baron had disappeared from sight once again. From there would hear his voice from above. Baron was sitting on top of the roof of the platform seats, in a relaxed posture while holding up his watch. "1 minute 30 seconds left… I hope you try something better than just throwing scraps!" Baron taunted the boy, hoping that he would finally use his persona.

Imato coughed out as he slammed into the platform seat, but as expected he would roll back onto his feet. Looking up to where he heard Baron’s voice, he shook his head in annoyance before running forward, away from where Baron stood above. Imato looked back and ripped off his mask, revealing Loki who was ready for battle as always. “I suppose I am done throwing them, but are you done dodging?” Imato asked with a smirk, casting ‘Freila’, not directly at Baron but on the roof he was sitting in hopes that pieces from it would damage him along with the spell itself.

But he wasn’t done yet, Imato would pull out his broken saber and throw it into the air, having Loki catch it. The saber still had a partial blade, so it had some use to them, that use being another projectile to use against Baron. Loki would focus in on where Baron had been before throwing the saber as fast as he could, before disappearing into thin air as Imato regained his mask. ‘I can’t keep Loki out for too long unless I absolutely need to, otherwise, that gives Baron another target to attack. And if Loki falls, I fall alongside him.’

“About time..” Baron had already expected him to fall back to his persona. Shifting into a crouching position, the masked figure quickly leaped off the platform roof as it exploded. He had seen this tactic before, used by the previous mercs he had fought. He dubbed it the bait and switched, though usually, it’d be a lot more effective with multiple party members doing it at the same time. Unfortunately for him, the effectiveness of such tactics drastically decreases in lower numbers, especially against a more experienced opponent.

Riding the momentum from before, Baron faced forward and caught the broken saber mid-air before landing on the ground with enough force to crack the surface of the ground. “You’re on the right track, Tragedy! You just lack the strength and manpower to be effective.” Baron lectured him as he fiddled with the broken saber. Though he did notice how cautious he was when using his own persona, something even the most experienced metamec tend to fumble into from time to time. This boy was truly something else. He had the makings of a great phantom thief.

“You’re pretty good! But sometimes, being good just isn’t enough!” He gave the boy a sarcastic clap as he stood his ground and crushed the handle of the saber under his grip. “What other tricks does this boy have?” Baron wondered. “60 seconds left until I draw the curtain!” He reminded the boy of how close he was to finishing his allotted time. People often perform well under pressure, was Imato one of these people?

Imato took a moment to steady his breathing as this constant onslaught ticked away at his stamina more and more, to the point he was starting to slow down. 'A minute and counting, I have to make this count even if it wastes the rest of my stamina. I have to damage him somehow, this is a complete waste otherwise!' Searching through the items he had on hand, Imato tossed out a smoke bomb as he jumped back and prepared to make this last attack of his flashy and effective as a Phantom Thief should. Pulling off his mask with a smirk, Loki was summoned once more. "Now... It's Showtime!"

As a screen of smoke filled the area, Imato and Loki rushed in as one to do all they could to damage Baron. As they grew near Baron, the two broke apart and started the attack with Imato rushing in and going for a sweeping attack only to fake out, allowing Loki to come in from above with an attack before the two disappeared into the smoke once again. This process of one going in to attack, faking out and the other one coming in from a random direction to actually attack continued, though the frequency of fake-outs changed as well to keep Baron on his toes. After a few seconds of this onslaught, Loki would run in and attack relentlessly as Imato walked out of the smoke screen. "I hope you enjoy your-" Loki would suddenly disappear into thin air, as Imato's mask returned once again. "Nuclear Funeral!" With a snap, sparks that had been spread by Imato and Loki while running around flared to life before exploding, dealing Nuclear Damage.

After the attack was over, Imato would be breathing heavily and was out of stamina to attack or summon his Persona again, leaving him open to attack as the timer counted down it's final seconds.

Baron welcomed Imato's assault with open arms. It was a breath of fresh air, to see someone attack him with such aggression and with little to no regard for their own safety. As Imato threw the smoke bomb down, Baron remained still, confident that he was able to take whatever punishment he was capable of dishing out.

His strikes were chaotic and unorthodox, a truly difficult attack to full counter. Baron would bob and weave through the first few attacks. Eventually, he would start blocking a few of the strikes when they got too close for comfort. When striking Baron’s forearms, Imato would feel as if he was striking a sturdy and solid object. Truly a riveting experience. His final strike on Baron struck its mark, directly impacting his body, not that he made any effort to evade it in the first place.

However, as the dust settles, the silhouette of an all too familiar foe could be seen walking towards him looking pretty much intact apart from his slightly tattered cloak which appeared to have absorbed most of the damage from brunt of the attack.”A splendid attack, Tragedy. You truly are one with great potential!” Baron offered the young man genuine words of praise, a testament to his ingenuity and skill. Had he been around the same threat level as him, he doubt that he’d still be able to stand.

“Proper effort like that deserves a proper reward..” taking out a strange-looking bead from his utility belt, Baron would crush the strange object, releasing the power it held within, which flowed into Imato, healing his body’s physical fatigue. Though he still needed some time to recover his ability to summon his persona. “Just in time too….” the watch ticked the down the last few seconds.

Within the last three seconds, Baron would disappear from sight one final time and immediately reappear behind Imato to deliver a powerful incapacitating chop strike to his neck. The force of the strike was strong enough to form a crater beneath Imato, instantly knocking the boy out, revealing to him that he could have ended the fight at any moment.

Baron sat down in of the seats that were still intact and patiently waited for Imato to regain consciousness. Once he was awake, he would give him a friendly wave and greet him once again. “So….did you get that out of your system?” he taunted the boy in his usual carefree tone, hoping that this little fisticuff session helped them to understand each other a bit more.

Imato would curse under his breath after seeing Baron coming out of the explosion almost completely unscathed despite his best efforts of attacking him with his best effort. Though, it did feel rather encouraging to hear words of praise from such a strong opponent, one that seemed impossible to even hit at first. He was quickly surprised that Baron had used an item to remove his fatigue, though quickly understood why he did such a thing. Imato attempted to lunge forward to avoid Baron’s attack but to no avail, being knocked out instantly and falling into the crater created by the attack.

After a while when Imato finally awoke, he had scrambled to his feet and was on guard almost immediately but put his guard down when he saw it was only Baron there with him. He would sigh, disregarding Baron’s taunting at first as he rubbed his neck before cracking it to relieve some pressure. “For now, but don’t think this is the only time I’m challenging you. After us thieves grow in strength and gain more experience… That’s when our next brawl will be. I’ll see you around, Baron.” Imato said, glaring at Baron before jumping off to get out of sight before deciding it was safe enough to leave the Metaverse. ‘He better replace the weapons he broke…’ Was the first thing he thought before walking off to go get a snack/drink from a nearby shop.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Maeve Valor Maeve Valor That Weird girl That Weird girl accursedjobber accursedjobber

Nodding as Shiro spoke to him, Imato was rather glad to have seemingly gained some of her respect. At least he believed he had at that point. Before the arrival of Ann's friend Tomari, he was going to mention his door would be open to any of the thieves and their close friends, despite not even giving any of them his true identity. But decided against mentioning such info for now, since there were more appropriate times to do so. For now Imato would finish the slice of cake he had acquired.

As Tomari had joined the group at the table with a impressive stack of meats, only rivaled by Isao's, Imato stood and returned to the buffet. He wouldn't be relatively hungry for much at the moment, despite aroma of so many different well-made dishes around. While the teen didn't wish to hear anymore rich folk speak poorly of his or the team's presence, he decided to shift around the crowd a bit to hear what he could about any form of info that he could get his hands on at the moment. Even if this was supposed to be a time of relaxation and celebration, the group's job as Phantom Thieves wouldn't slip out of his mind.

'Rich folk have connections to those with some influence I presume, so now is a better time than ever to see if there's anything to learn of a more admired target.' Imato thought to himself as he moved from table to table of the buffet.

"I am Ryosuke Tomari, a student and athlete from Kosei High School! Oh and Ann's gym partner!" He proudly announced to the group while raising his fist to Ann hoping that she would reciprocate the fist bump.
Ann smiled and reciprocated the bump. She really hoped that her friends would approve of her new friend that she has been talking too for a while. Although she did feel a little guilty that she was the center of attention now even though it was supposed to be about everyone here. But hey her dress was a little loose and it made her look way better than she normally would have. She really owed it to Shiro and Masami for letting him sit by them, again feeling a little bad for hogging the spotlight but she would be sure to make it up to them somehow.

"I don't know if you can beat him Isao," Ann chuckled and looked forward to their eating contest and seeing who would win. The girl was quite happy even if her friends were not so pleased with having Ryosuke over. Ann could tell this guy was not like Kajiki at all and he seemed to actually care about others and not being some crybaby who wanted to take over Japan.

Morgana did notice Ryosuke but stayed quiet as if he wanted Ann to have a good time and the others.

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Nellancholy Nellancholy Maeve Valor Maeve Valor @acursedjobber

Imato seemed to be the kind of guy who was good at hiding things, or even suppressing his emotions. Maybe that was what the mask symbolised, after all. He seemed to have exerted himself a fair bit earlier, but whatever worried him, it slipped away like water off a duck's back. While she contented herself with actually finishing the food she got, Imato excused himself to go and...spy on the surrounding patrons? Hey, if he was actually up for mischief like he was earlier, maybe he'd be able to pickpocket something good from the lot of them.

As for the newcomers...Kosei High, huh? She knew about them, should have figured that's where they were from. An uptight, put-together bunch, the whole lot. The kind that scored Tokyo U scholarships easily, or could go anywhere else they wanted. The kind that always had the regard of adults in any industry, the better to recruit for internships.

The kind that was easy to leave bruised and with lighter wallets whenever they strayed into her domain. But of course, that's not where they were now. Just as well, she didn't exactly care to ruin the evening for anyone.

"'Gym buddy', huh?" Hopefully, Shiro's look at him didn't come off too sharp, despite her being a little prickly on general principle. "There are worse places to meet. And how about you?" She turned her gaze towards Ryosuke's companion. "I'm sure you're just taken with 'Lady Ann' too, right?" She mimicked Morgana's tone sarcastically, though it was a joke likely to be lost on them.

She wasn't too sure just how she felt about Ann. Sure, she was careless and too quick to trust people or show them concern. But that also included Shiro herself. They'd been through some difficult situations together by now, trusting their life to one another. She couldn't just dismiss her out of hand like that...

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper That Weird girl That Weird girl

While Masami listened to the idle chatter amongst her friends, she let her eyes wander across the room until she spotted Imato getting more food. Although she noticed how he seemed to linger among the area he was in, almost like he was slowly picking out his food on purpose. Upon further speculation, she saw a couple of very well-dressed people near him speaking amongst each other and this was when she was able to piece together that he was eavesdropping in on people's conversations. She scoffed slightly at the act, assuming that it would only be a matter of time that someone would call him out due to the fact that he was a masked individual who really stood out. She then turned her attention back to Ryoma and excused herself from the table, "I will be right back, but before that, I am Masami Ogawa. It's nice to meet you." She gave him a small smile before leaving.

Immediately, she tried to make her way to Imato before he caused any more trouble, and it seemed like she came right on time when one of the patrons he was previously spying on was suspicious of his activity. "Hey, you, do you have something you want to say?" The man seemed to challenge.

Masami made sure to walk by and pickpocket his wallet as she did. She then acted like she was picking something up from the floor and followed up by tapping on the man's shoulder before Imato had the chance to respond. "Sir, I believe you dropped your wallet."

"O-oh thank you."

"M-san, there you are, have you tried the Unagi? It's to die for! Here, I'll show you where it is," she pulled his arm to get him away from the situation and knowing that he potentially saw her pickpocket the man. Once they were a good distance away, she let go. She knew she could have easily led with that, but with giving the man his wallet, she knew he would feel obligated to return the favor and not make a scene, ensuring that Imato would not be confronted.

"Honestly M, you're going to cause a casualty for yourself if you keep wearing that. You aren't a person that can blend in easily with a crowd. Maybe if you took off that mask, you would have better luck," Masami then thought back to the palace and how she saw he had white hair. "Just how long do you plan to hide your face from us?"

Anthem Anthem

Last edited:
'This may have been a mistake' now that Isao had time to realize that this may not be task worthy of brute-forcing, even more when he spied that the table was presently becoming busier by the more people encroaching in replacing the two missing members that probably went to the toilet, stopping for a moment to hopefully begin a digestible way to eat all of Isao's plate now that he realized the true amount of meat picked out, he collected deciding to make a momentary dejected retreat.

"My name Is Isao Yagi; I accept your challenge!" abandoning his previous regret in the face of this new challenge as well as probably useful caution to dramatically point and accept the challenge, even if he had some confined worries about how someone so young could afford this place, ignoring himself and the others in that thought as he upon declaring his acceptance instantly beginning to chow down on the contents on the plate.

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

While Masami listened to the idle chatter amongst her friends, she let her eyes wander across the room until she spotted Imato getting more food. Although she noticed how he seemed to linger among the area he was in, almost like he was slowly picking out his food on purpose. Upon further speculation, she saw a couple of very well-dressed people near him speaking amongst each other and this was when she was able to piece together that he was eavesdropping in on people's conversations. She scoffed slightly at the act, assuming that it would only be a matter of time that someone would call him out due to the fact that he was a masked individual who really stood out. She then turned her attention back to Ryosuke and excused herself from the table, "I will be right back, but before that, I am Masami Ogawa. It's nice to meet you." She gave him a small smile before leaving.

Immediately, she tried to make her way to Imato before he caused any more trouble, and it seemed like she came right on time when one of the patrons he was previously spying on was suspicious of his activity. "Hey, you, do you have something you want to say?" The man seemed to challenge.

Masami made sure to walk by and pickpocket his wallet as she did. She then acted like she was picking something up from the floor and followed up by tapping on the man's shoulder before Imato had the chance to respond. "Sir, I believe you dropped your wallet."

"O-oh thank you."

"M-san, there you are, have you tried the Unagi? It's to die for! Here, I'll show you where it is," she pulled his arm to get him away from the situation and knowing that he potentially saw her pickpocket the man. Once they were a god distance away, she let go. She knew she could have easily led with that, but with giving the man his wallet, she knew he would feel obligated to return the favor and not make a scene, ensuring that Imato would not be confronted.

"Honestly M, you're going to cause a casualty for yourself if you keep wearing that. You aren't a person that can blend in easily with a crowd. Maybe if you took off that mask, you would have better luck," Masami then thought back to the palace and how she saw he had white hair. "Just how long do you plan to hide your face from us?"

Anthem Anthem
Imato was close to quickly retaliating to the rich man's questioning with his own choice words, but was stopped by Masami's sudden appearance. While he would be unable to say anything due to the girl dragging him by the arm, though that didn't stop him from giving the 'gentleman' a certain obscene hand gesture (Even though it made him look even worse in the eyes of the people there). He would continue to move along with where Masami was dragging him afterwards, not finding any point in fighting back against the action.

When they finally stopped after making a good distance away from the potential scene, Imato made sure his hood was still on nicely along with his jacket in general. "I wouldn't blend in with these people either way, mask or no mask-" He would mumble as he looked back to the people that were at the buffet, he would have a slightly judgemental stance when looking at said people. But Imato's stance would return to normal as he heard Masami's question, as he was genuinely thinking of an answer. "Well, if I'm being honest... I didn't trust the team at first, despite having the same general goal. But now..? Not quite sure, maybe I've gotten use to being able to hide behind the mask."

Imato admitted to not really knowing why he wore the damned thing anymore, but he still continued to despite there being no real reason. "Maybe I'm not quite waiting to reveal anymore, maybe for some one to find out who I am." He would then chuckle at the thought, shaking his head. "Though I doubt that even you could figure it out without some cheap way. I'd be willing to bet on something like that." Imato joked with a smirk behind his mask, poking fun at Masami a bit before chuckling again, entering a more relaxed stance.

Maeve Valor Maeve Valor

"Technically...we didnt first meet at the gym.....it actually went like this..." He proceeded to give a summarized story of how he met Ann to Shiro, all the while taking huge chunks of meat off his plate. Based on the way he ate, it was clear that he was accustomed to eating A LOT. He was easily kept with Isao's pace, taking gulps of water every now and then to keep him hydrated, making it easier for the food to go down.

Was it by chance? Or perhaps arranged by an unseen entity. It was difficult to say. Either way, travelling through certains streets in Shibuya alone can be dangerous in more ways than one. Something the phantom thief Ann Takamaki would soon learn.

At first, it was just a few leers from unfriendly-looking individuals. Nothing too scary, after all, the metaverse shadows often did the same to her. However, one of them would soon cross the line.
“Hey hey hotstuff, whats a pretty girl like you doing here?” One of them spoke, while walking in front of her. The young man was an upperclassmen from another school. His body reeked of tobacco and his voice sounded way older because of it. His “friends” would soon join as well, blocking her from moving forward to offer their…”protection”. “It’s pretty dangerous out here you know… but don’t worry…me and the boys will take good care of you…” One of them spoke, as they smiled at each other.

This was bad. There was no easy way to run. Thanks to her phantom thief training, she was lot stronger than other girls, but will she be strong enough to overpower the entire group is difficult to say. Thankfully, she won’t have to find out, at least, not today.

“Hey! You bozos get away from her!” Yelled a stranger. He wearing a tracksuit, looking like he had just come back from a long run. Despite panting and being absolutely covered in sweat, his eyes seem completely focused on the thugs in front of them. His other friend had a much cleaner look to him, wearing a completely white getup. He had a neat gentlemanly looked to him which was greatly emphasized with his white gloves. He was also carrying kendo stick with him, likely from his previous activity. ”Lets get this over with quickly. I’d like to avoid dirtying my clothes with these…”people” The gentleman spoke in a dismissive and disgusting tone, not thinking much about the gangsters in from of him.

The tension in the air was palpable, and yet neither side was willing to budge. It was as if both of them were waiting for each other to make the first move.

This was bad…at least there was some stranger who was backing her up because Ann didn't think she could take on the whole group. Those guys would soon find out that the blonde was dangerous and not like other girls in Shunjin. Ann got in a fighting stance which made the group laugh.

“What are you gonna do?” Another thug asked looking at the stranger and underestimated him clearly not thinking a nicely dressed fellow like him could fight. Ann however from experience knew that looks were deceiving and people can be a lot more dangerous than they let on.

Ann smirked at the stranger's comment and brushed her blond hair back, “Lets hope we can get this over with quick.” She then decided to make the first move and threw a punch straight at one of the thugs face and to their surprise, it really hurt. The thug yelped and tumbled onto the street landing in a puddle and he held his nose as it was bleeding, his eyes were wide and he pointed at Ann, “Get her!”

One other thug tried to take a swing at Ann but the girl ducked with perfect timing. She then countered with a crescent kick to the chest sending him into a pole. But the next thug managed to tackle Ann to the ground from behind slamming her stomach onto the street ground. Ann groaned and jabbed him with her elbow to get him off of her and it worked as he released his grasp and then Ann rolled to the side and got up dusting herself off. “Oh come on! You got my clothes dirty.”
Now the Blonde was annoyed since she liked those pants and that jacket and roundhouse kicked the thug to the ground. There were more thugs though and one of them pulled out a switchblade from his pocket. “Lets see how you two do in a real fight,” the thug smiled and charged at Ann with the switchblade trying to stab her but she managed to dodge it.
“You should be easy,” another thug taunted the stranger and charged at him, throwing a punch hoping to hit him and give him a bloody nose. He felt like the guy was one of those rich people because of how neat he looked.

“Wow holy crap this girl is the bomb!” The boy in the tracksuit shouted while charging forward to assist her. Seeing the switchblade, the boy, made it a point to avoid confronting the opponent head on, instead shifting himself to the side of armed man to deliver a side devastating side kick to the back of the knee. The man screamed in pain before turning around to face his opponent only to get a well-placed kick to his face, sending him tumbling into the ground face first.

Despite that well-placed strike, the armed man continued his attempt to get back up only to have his blade hand stomped violently by the tracksuit boy’s cleats, forcing him to release his weapon. “I’ll take that off your hands.” he smiled, pocketing the switchblade while smiling at the hotty in front of him. “Uhh Hi!” The track suit boy spoke before noticing one of the thugs recovering from the pole slam and throwing a punch. But he was shift to react with a quick sweeping motion of his leg, tripping him to the ground and stomping his hand as well. “Stay down, buddy. Or things are gonna get worst. A lot worst.” He said, taunting the gangster under his foot.

As for the well-dressed boy, the thug didnt even get a chance to get close before receiving a thrusting strike from the kendo stick to his head. He followed it up with a few more precise strikes to his face, which were strong enough to draw blood. At this point, the thug was so disoriented that all the well-dressed boy needed to was give him a gentle push before he fell to the ground. “Tch..You got my equipment dirty” Taking out a tissue from his pocket, he would start wiping the tip of his kendo stick before throwing it to the unconscious thug in disgust. “Consider this a warning.”

“Damn! Did you see that Gai! This chick was a badass!” The track suit boy shouted in awe, noting that the girl was anything but defenceless. “Heck, she probably would’ve won even if we didnt help!” At least thats what he thought. “Perhaps, Ryoma, but let us continue this conversation elsewhere. Perhaps in those crepe shops that you like so much…” The well dress boy known as Gai seemed eager to leave the place. “Yea yea ok!...Hey, blondie! You wanna come? Must have been pretty exhausting fighting these gangsters!” Ryoma was mostly joking, but he just couldn’t resist asking a beautiful blonde like her. Besides, they did technically just save her life, so her chances of saying yes would be higher right?

Wow. Those two boys were something else. Ann turned to the guy who was into her and smiled, “I mean- if you two are fine with it…” she was kind of exhausted from fighting and it would be nice to get a crepe to eat. 2 months ago Ann would have never been able to fight them off like that but now with the thieves training with Baron most days she was a badass.

“Also thanks for the help,” Ann said to them both as they walked to the crepe shop. She didn’t think that the thieves needed her at the moment and thought maybe it would be alright as long as she did not reveal her phantom thief identity. “The name is Ann,” she said to Ryoma and flashed him a smile, “Ann Takamaki.” She did not mind being called Blondie since that was her nickname on the team but she thought he would like a name.

Of course people at the Crepe shop were talking about the Phantom thieves since it was just a little after Matriarch Suzuki went missing. Ann just acted like she knew nothing about that group and looked at the menu to see what she wanted to get. That was really nice of Ryoma to invite her to get crepes with them and hopefully Ann could just say she had martial arts training and they would believe it. Also the thieves might be mad at her for showcasing her moves like that but what else was she supposed to do? Let them do god knows what to her?

“Wow, guess word about these “phantom thieves” spread pretty fast huh?” Ryoma exclaimed before turning his attention to Ann. “I am Ryoma Tomari, but please feel free to call me Ryoma. I am from Kosei Academy! A proud member of the track team, as you can see.” Ryoma excitedly brandished his tracksuit, hoping to impress the girl, much to Gai’s disappointment. “Gai Amatsu. Captain of the Kosei Academy Kendo team.” Gai seemed a lot less eager to introduce himself, instead focusing on his crepe which has an excessive amount of fruit toppings. “Don’t mind him, he is like that everyone!” Ryoma chimed in, laughing off his friend’s indifferent demeanor.

All the talk about the phantom thieves was somewhat annoying Gai, seeing as he considered the failure of the operation his fault. But nonetheless, he was willing to acknowledge them as worthy opponents if nothing else. Ryoma didn’t take it that personal, seeing it more as a healthy competition more than anything else.

“And what about you Takamaki-san? Do you do the sports as well?” Even if he wasn’t the friendliest person, even Gai acknowledge the skills demonstrated by the blonde. Not everyone could have fought thugs like that so easily. “Yea! Do you do Aikido or something? Those were some sick hits!” Ryoma was still clearly entrance by her combat prowess, since its not so often beauties like her have the brawns to match. However, there was a strange sense of familiarity. It was almost as if he had met her before. Before anyone else could say a word, Gai suddenly got up while looking at his phone. “My apologies, but I have urgent matters to attend to. A pleasure to meet you, Takamaki-san. Ryoma, see to it your new friend over here avoids anymore unsavoury characters on her way back.” Before he left, he gave the two one last wave a small smile, almost as if he was doing it on purpose.

“Hey Gai! What the hell!? I thought we were supposed to go the arcade together!?” and now Ryoma was left alone, with a girl he liked. The awkwardness between them was tense. Thankfully he decided to break the silence with some conversation. “So…why were you alone in the alleyway anyways? I means I can see you’re able to fight, but its just dangerous to go there alone you know?” Ryoma thought long and hard what to say next. He didnt want to come of as creep, but he was thinking of steering the conversation towards him accompanying her on her way home. As long as she didnt live too far it should be fine.

“Oh cool!” Ann smiled at Ryoma when he mentioned being on the track team and when Gail mentioned being captain of the Kendo team at Kosei academy. “I go to Shunjin academy and my friend Masami is on the volleyball team.”

“UHhh yeah I do Aikido,” Ann lied trying to cover up her phantom thief training to the two boys and she also felt like she had seen Ryoma before in a different context. It seemed like his fighting style was similar to someone who she faced in Suzuki’s palace and in Mementos. She smiled at Gail when he left and mentioned it was a pleasure meeting her, “you as well Amatsu-san.”

But when he left things got awkward really fast and Ann was trying to think of something to say to him. But he broke the ice by asking about why she was in the alleyway alone and frankly it was her being not aware of her surroundings and finding a street that seemed to be closer to her house and Shunjin academy and made it so she did not have to take the subway. “I just thought it was a shorter way to get home from school,” Ann said to him and chuckled, “guess I forgot to think.” She was thankful that they came to her recuse when they did because she wasn’t sure if she could have handled all those thugs. Her phone buzzed with a text from Shiro and she took a moment to glance at it and put her phone down. She would suit up and help them after this.

“I am sorry about that,” Ann apologised, “my friend wanted to know if I can help her move into her apartment now…I was thinking you could help me get home first and then I could help my friend out.” Ann hoped that the nice boy would walk her home so she could get to know him better. Something about him was alluring and the fact that he was fun to be around compared to her previous boyfriend.

“Oh..uh well…yea. This place is pretty dangerous so you shouldn’t be going there alone at all.” Ryoma awkwardly muttered while finishing his crepe. He still couldn’t believe he was seriously still holding a conversation with this girl. He slowed his breathing and forced himself to calm down. After all, girls liked cool guys right? He was trying really hard not to laugh when Ann said she wasnt thinking at all. He thinking real hard on what to say next, but thankfully she somehow took the words right of her mouth.
“Sure! Of course! No problem” Ryoma smiled, while getting up in an incredibly enthusiastic manner. As they were walking, the young boy once again struggled to find a conversation topic. Since the phantom thieves were such a popular topic he thought he would use that as a starting point. “Shujin huh…isnt that where the Phantom thieves had their first target? Yea it was on that gangster wannabe Kajiki.” He spoke up, not knowing that Kajiki was actually her ex-boyfriend. “Well… if they are going after people like Kajiki, I guess they can’t be that bad. Cause if you ask me, that bastard had it coming.” It seemed like even Ryoma knew about what type of person Kajiki was.

“Oh sorry, I didnt mean to sour the mood..” he realized that such a topic was probably not the best thing to talk about. “So what type of stuff do you like to do Ann? I am more of a sports guy as you can see. I wanna be a professional athlete when I grow up!” He shared with her some of his aspirations. They were a bit on the mundane side but there was no way he could share to her about his escapades in the others world.

When Ryoma mentioned Kajiki Ann tensed up a little, she still kinda missed him even though he was a bad person. Kajiki did manipulate her pretty badly and it took a while to get over him but Ann knew in her heart that it was time to do something about him. It sucked because at school she was still called a slut even when she tried to make things right. “Yeah I agree…Kajiki was a terrible person and if they are just going for bad people then I am for them. I wonder if they will go for the gym teacher next since he is a pervert and takes advantage of others.”

“Well, I like to model but haven’t got any gigs recently,” Ann told him, leaving out she could not because of what she did in the Metaverse with Baron and the team. She smiled when he said he wanted to be a professional athlete since it was a pretty cool dream to have and she would cheer for him for sure. “Well with enough practice I am sure you can,:” Ann said and smiled at him.

Ann then looked down at the ground feeling like Kajiki was her fault and the pain he caused Shiro and others. She just wanted to be a better person and deal with her guilt of not having done anything for a while. “I felt like I lost my place in the world,” Ann admitted to him and sighed, “The people at Shunjin don’t like me because of my looks and they say nasty things about me behind my back but now I have found a group of friends who are like me.” Ann knew this was bringing the mood down so she decided to switch the topic.

“So are you and Amatsu-sani pretty good friends?” She asked looking at him trying to judge his character and so far he seemed like a nice guy. She wouldn’t mind getting to know him better if of course he asked her out. However she had other matters to attend to like the Kamoshida case that the team was asked to take care of. She blushed thinking about meeting Roadkill again, potentially not knowing Ryoma was him. Although he did look familiar. “I swear we met before,” Ann looked at him, “did Kosei go against shunjin at some point? I might have seen you at a game…” She purposely kept the Metaverse out of this conversation since RYoma looked like Roadkill.

"I sure hope so. This world is just full of rotten people!" He wholeheartedly agreed with Ann, even if he would butt heads with them from time to time. "With your looks, I don't see why you couldn't!" He cheered for the girl with an honest smile. He was happy to hear that Ann too was willing to cheer him on as well for his own dream. He knew it was a bit cheesy, but he figured that its important to have someone cheer for you on the sidelines while you’re running toward your goal. Yes, a cheerleader! That's what he needed.

Dont sweat it blondie! Its not about how many times you get beaten down, its about how many times you get back up! Or something like that…” Ryoma snickered a bit at his attempt on remembering a quote from an old movie. He didn’t really know what the girl has been through but he felt that it was appropriate to give her some words of encouragement. Though he did wanter why this girl was being so open with him, considering they have just met each other today. But it did show that the girl was willing to open to up to him, which in his head was good sign of compatibility!

“Oh you mean Gai? Yea we’ve been friends since we were kids! Me and him go waaay back.”
He thought back to how rude Gai seemed during their initial meeting and decided to explain a bit about him. “Oh sorry if Gai seemed rude just now, he’s like that to everyone. But he doesnt get impressed easily! So I am pretty sure he was sincere when he complimented you on your fighting skills!” He laughed it off a bit awkwardly but that was the best way he can describe his friend. Upon hearing her say he seemed familiar, he too couldn’t help but agree to her statement. “Now that you mention it…yea you look pretty familiar too! I mean theres not many people who look like you…NOT thats a bad thing…!” And just like that, he stumbled over his words, showing his relative inexperience with ladies. He just found it so much easier to talk with confidence when behind mask.

“Maybe! I’ve been to few competitions myself, so you probably see me there!” He answered her with the most reasonable answer he could think of. That said, her voice did seem VERY familiar. But now was not the time for that. “Say…Takamaki-san. You know modeling requires you to maintain a good figure..and so those being an athlete..And recently I got this gym membership…but its a bit expensive for one guy….so do you…” He thought carefully about what he wanted to say next. “...do you wanna be my gym buddy so that we can split the cost?....I’ll even thrown in some free protein powder!” It was difficult to tell if Ryoma was joking, but he saw this as the most indirect way of spending more time together.

“Thanks for the advice,” Ann laughed at the cheesy line from some old movie but she did take that to heart and smiled. He was right. It's about how she should get back up and not the amount of times she got beaten down and she felt like she had gotten beaten down a lot in the time of her being a phantom thief.

“Gai kinda reminds me of my friend,” Ann commented thinking of Shiro, “she doesn’t give out praise easily and is very polite like him.” Ann had no clue why she was so open with this guy, maybe she could feel like he actually liked her and not just for her body like most people were like. She could tell he was awkward around her and found that comforting because she was the most awkward person ever. Ann listened to his proposition about being his gym buddy and wondered if he was joking but after a second of awkward silence between them she figured it wasn’t. “Yes, that would be great!” Ann nodded smiling, “Oh free protein powder? Then I have to accept it!”

Working out was definitely a thing that Ann was trying to do every day and with someone, it would be easier. Plus with a good-looking and nice guy would give her more motivation to get fit. His voice sounded like Roadkill but she just thought it was just a coincidence that they sounded the same.

Ann was so happy that she found a workout buddy out of this experience and perhaps a friend or something more. She was really excited about this and hoped he would not be turned off by her awkwardness and lack of people skills. She was working hard to overcome that

“It’s settled then! From this day onward! We’re gym buddies!” Ryoma was absolutely delighted to hear that this bombshell of a girl was willing to accept his offer. Who knows, if he played his cards right, he might be even get a full-on relationship going. “Oh we might as well exchange contact info.” He took out his phone and provided his own details to her. “Also…we probably shouldn’t be eating crepes too much if we’re serious about staying healthy!” As much as he liked crepes, he knew they weren’t exactly the healthiest food. “We should follow a strict diet. Something like chicken breast or something….” He had a vague idea of what type of food was considered “healthy” but it was a start. “Anyways, just let me know when you’re free and we can arrange a workout schedule for each muscle group.”

Yes. He could feel it. This was the beginning of a good friendship, perhaps something even more than that.

Seeing the ensuing competition, Sougo couldn't help but meddle with the group's affairs. Just before Ryoma could finish his first plate, Sougo had already brought two plates with meat comparable to his initial serving. One for Ryoma, one for Isao "The usual serving size right?" Sougo asked the young man while smiling. "Yup! Two more plates should do it for the day!" Ryoma paused for a moment to answer Sougo before continuing his assault on the mountain of meat. Ryoma was a regular here. He came here almost every other week to "bulk up". Satisfied with their little performance, Sougo once again left the table. He wanted to investigate some customer complaints regarding a masked figure.

Sougo sighed as he watched the shenanigans that unfolded at the rich people's table. Even if he wanted to eavesdrop, he could have done it more covertly and the addition of the mask certainly didn't help. "Must you always be so troublesome and mischievous? I thought that chunni act of yours was only something you did in school, but I guess you do it out here too huh?" Sougo chimed in from behind two. It was clear by now that mask did little to hide his identity from him. And yet, he didn't seem too eager to reveal the boy's identity as well. "At least your friend here has some sense to keep you out of harm's way. You should be grateful to her." He was of course referring to Masami, but he didn't want to seem too close to her in this public space. "But seriously though, if you keep this up, you're gonna get your entire group kicked out. You may be fine with that, but I don't think it's fair for your whole group to suffer because of your actions." Sougo spoke, trying to get it to his thick head that this behavior was not only affecting him but also his friends. "I've got tables to clean. Enjoy the rest of your evening." he gave the two a polite bow before moving to a nearby table to clean it. He hoped that Imato would have some form of self-realization from this. It's either that or Sougo would need to reconsider his place on this team. He can't afford any loose cannons, no matter how good they are.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Maeve Valor Maeve Valor Anthem Anthem accursedjobber accursedjobber That Weird girl That Weird girl

So Gai wasn't quite the type to be easy to push around. Still, she'd hardly back down if they ever happened to run into each other elsewhere. As for Ryosuke, it was abundantly clear that Ryosuke had a certain interest in her, but also the decency to not insist on it. Few good men, indeed. Masami and Imato found another way to amuse themselves, though Sougo's annoyance fell upon them and Isao as well. Maybe he helped ease their way in, but it was certainly annoying that he found the opportunity to lecture them too.

Shiro, for her part, didn't much care to continue making a scene. She was finished up, and perfectly ready to leave. The dark cloud that hovered over the evening seemed to be getting heavier, and her heart felt like it was slowing.

She flipped out her phone, which had been silenced since earlier in the evening. "Huh?" Several missed calls from a landline, no texts. Someone really wanted to reach her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back