• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Phantom Ballad [D&D Inspired Long-Term RP]

Ryse

Hello everyone, Ryse here and today i am going to bring to ya'll an idea for a fantasy RP that i've had for a while now. The idea for this specific RP is not entirely complicated or extremely fleshed out. Frankly i have no interest in building a big massive world just to RP in for a bit then eventually move onto another one. What i am however interested in is the themes the RP will carry, the individuals who bring the story to life, and the shenanigans the group gets up to as they are faced with impossible situations.

Above i mention 'inspired by D&D' and what i mean by that is the structure in which the narrative is set up. Something leads a bunch of individuals to a single place, some mysterious force, event, or common interest pushes them together into a 'party' and the 'quest' begins from there.

The premise of this 'quest' begins with a ball within the capital city of Valkeria. A city known for its art, architecture, music and theatre. Every one hundred years or so a great play is held and is regarded as a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' to witness. Some characters might be there as security, others might wish to enjoy the show. Some may just be passing by. But in the end it is this show that forces the characters into the same general locations and when the unfathomable does happen it is what will push characters into one another further.

For now that is all i really have to say. As for some questions you all may have such as what 'races' can we play or 'is magic allowed' i'm going to say you are not limited. If you wanna make a friendly Orc or a nervous Goblin by all means do so, but just understand the social stigmas that exist with the type of character you make. For magic, i am simply going to ask that you keep it fair, tactful, and balanced.

Honestly i would like it if people create characters that are semi-weak and relatively 'normal' in a way. Everyone playing an 'ultra badass warrior mage' will get very old, very quickly and make a lot of situations way less fun and interesting. So yeah, that is all. For this 'party' i am only looking for about five or eight characters. No need to have a bunch of people at once cluttering the narrative.

So, anyone interested?

FireMaiden FireMaiden : Oh look i made the thing ;D )

Ffffffff jesus, the site did not notify me of any of these replies Sorry everyone!

I'll post up a character sheet here in a minute for everyone haha

Ryse Ryse

Question:

Do you have the world this RP is taking part in mapped out already, or will there be worldbuilding as we carry on? I'm just curious so I know what to put in my Sheet.

Ryse Ryse

Question:

Do you have the world this RP is taking part in mapped out already, or will there be worldbuilding as we carry on? I'm just curious so I know what to put in my Sheet.

You can literally just make stuff up. The world is massive and has a lot of different cultures so whatever you can think of it'll probably exist. Just don't go nutty with it haha. Creative Freedom and what not is what i like to encourage ^^

You can literally just make stuff up. The world is massive and has a lot of different cultures so whatever you can think of it'll probably exist. Just don't go nutty with it haha. Creative Freedom and what not is what i like to encourage ^^

Ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back