The Person Above Rolled a 1

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Congratulations! You're a GM for real life! But whoops, it seems while attempting to do a mundane task, the person posting above you rolled a 1, meaning they utterly, spectacularly fail at whatever they were doing, no matter how simple and easy it might be. Tells us how!

Structure:
Person A: I am trying to do X and rolled a 1.
Person B: You try to do X but Y happens (that makes you fail at X)

Example:
Person A: I am trying to get a cup of coffee, but rolled a 1.
Person B: You try to get coffee , but turn the temperature of the machine so high it melts your cup and destroys your apartment.!

So, let's go!

I try to start a new forum game, but roll a 1.

You get a lot of people interested in your game but none of them reply and the thread gets buried under more popular ones, with 0 replies.

I try escaping from a dragon's cave with treasure, but roll a 1.

You accidentally take the dragon, not the treasure, with you, and as a result not only did but doom an entire town.

I try walking down the street but roll a 1

You forgot to switch off your webcam and you watching a Youtube video got streamed on Youtube.

I am trying to reply to my RP, but roll a 1.

DM made a character for you, you don't like it but have to play it anyway.

I go out for a coffee, and roll a 1.

You forget your combination and promptly lose the paper you wrote it one. You try to smash the lock only to smash your hand instead. Then afterwards you swing your hammer to break the lock and horribly dent the safe, making it unopenable

I try to pet a cat and roll a 1

The cat immediately scratches you rejecting your pets.

I try to eat a cookie and roll a 1.

The cookie is way past expiration date and is hard as a stone.

I am trying to go to another planet, and roll a 1.

You get to the planet then wake up in your bed and realize it's a dream

Trying to correct typos and roll a 1

You realise that you were trying to turn on some other person's car that only looks like yours.

I'm fighting a bunch of enemies, and roll a 1.

You accidengally caress one of the enemies. Years later you tell the story of this meeting to your children.

I rolled a 1 and I rolled a 1.

You end up watching your friends try really hard to get the movie to play. They fail

I try to think and roll a 1

Your brain collapses into you. Everything, your memories, your knowledge, everything (bar basic functions like eating or speaking) is destroyed. You wake up in a feild with no memory.

I tried to prosecute a murder trial and I rolled a 1.

A whole bunch of people crashed your trial and it was decided that while the trial was a mistrial a scapegoat would be found.

Tried to type and rolled a 1

As you go to type you pull a muscle, severing the nerves in your hands. You can never use your hands again. On the plus side, you now have the potential to become Doctor Strange.

I used google translate and rolled a 1.

You manage to instead of translating from French, translate from the Santa tracker exclusive language Elfish. Turns out you typed a bunch of curse words in Elfish accidentally

Tried to sigh and rolled a 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back