• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Path to Power

>Ask for an advance.

"I don't suppose I could get an advance on my payment to buy a few." Vincent said, deciding to give the increasingly anxious looking woman a break. "They'll be useful for cooking up any magics that might come to mind." Vincent had a few ideas of what he'd like to do with the Malsus blossoms. There were a number of large scale spells and enchantments that could be use to enhance the fortresses defenses, or increase productivity in the town.

Dustin waived off his request, having other plans in mind. "No need. We'll make up a requisition order and let the bureaucrats sort it out." He said "You'll have your flowers in a day or two."

Vincent nodded, finding this satisfactory. "Very well. I'll leave it to you and your people, then." He said. Vincent wasn't too happy with the blossoms being dismissed as mere flowers, but he suspected that Dustin would change his tune once he saw results.

The shopkeep looked relieved as the three of them left, and she turned her attention back to her stall, adjusting things to make them look more presentable, and likely to justify the higher price. Well, it wasn't Vincent's problem anymore.

"Speaking of bureaucracy and organization, will I be supplied a workplace to ply my craft?" He asked as the three of the continued walking. The more space he had to conduct his work, the better. "If so, I'll need something properly ventilated, with as much floor space as possible."

Dustin frowned, considering. "We have a few place we could set you." He said after thinking. "The first is in the old temple adjacent to the fort itself. No one uses it anymore, so you wont have to worry about anyone getting upset that their god is being kicked out."

A temple might work, even if it was a bit unconventional. He'd have ample space for his equipment. "And the other?" Marcus asked.

"The other is an old watchtower that looks over the sea." Dustin said. "It used to be the workstation of the last Wizard we hosted, but he took most of his stuff with him when he retired. Might be something useful for you there."

Vincent mulled over his prospects. Both the temple and the tower had their advantages and drawbacks, and while his room as closer to the tower, the size of the temple was tempting.

Where is your lab going to be?

>The Temple. Plenty of floor space, abandoned but still somewhat open to the public.
>The Watchtower. Open to the air, isolated, likely full of useful mystic paraphernalia. Not a lot of space though...

OOC
Sorry for the short post, trying to get back in to the swing of things.

Watchtower - while both locations are interesting, the classic wizard in a stone tower just makes sense.

god is being kicked out

Hmm. Hmmmmmm.

Since we chose to turn away from gods and choose the path to conquer, I vote using the temple. We might be able to make use of the god so that they can protect and judge for us!

Oh, and FYI, there's a [ooc] tag that you can use if you want.

I'll extend the vote until friday to see if we get a tiebreaker, otherwise I'll just flip a coin or something.

Ah! This decsion pains me JayTee JayTee you fiend!
Getting a Wizard's Tower or deficating a temple...
Wizard's Tower.
(I was deliberating the choice when I got the notifcaton for the above post, I then impulsed voted Wizard's Tower and now I'm sticking to it.)

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry about no post yesterday, had to go to the hospital for some rather extreme pain I was experiencing. All good now (kinda, still need to recover) and I'll try to get a post up for you guys sometime this evening.

Hey guys, sorry about no post yesterday, had to go to the hospital for some rather extreme pain I was experiencing. All good now (kinda, still need to recover) and I'll try to get a post up for you guys sometime this evening.
It's okay. Mitigating spontaneous pains should take precedence over posting here.

It's all good, just get better soon! Don't force yourself to post today if you are still feeling unwell.

No need to hurry. Recovering from extreme pain is more important than this.

Alright, so as much as I don't want to, I think I'm going to have to end the quest prematurely.

I've been going through some personal issues, and the new medical issues have only exacerbated those, making it hard to muster the mental energy needed to plan out and focus on writing this thing out.

Sorry everyone, I hope you enjoyed what I was able to give you so far. It was fun while it lasted

Alright, so as much as I don't want to, I think I'm going to have to end the quest prematurely.

I've been going through some personal issues, and the new medical issues have only exacerbated those, making it hard to muster the mental energy needed to plan out and focus on writing this thing out.

Sorry everyone, I hope you enjoyed what I was able to give you so far. It was fun while it lasted
Ok, I understand. Get well soon! Good luck and remember to tag me in your future endeavors!

It's okay. It's sound like your dealing with some shit. I hope it gets better and remember that we're here if you want to talk to someone outside of it all.

I also request that you tag me in any of your future endeavours. Speaking off, there is this roleplay that is going to be a very silly (we're currently discussing the possibility of a Magic Space Dragon-Dragon Fairy-Dragon riding a dragon). You interested? Playing as Team Dad will be easy.

Last edited:

A shame, but it's been fun! Hope your situation gets better soon. I'd welcome a tag for anything in the future as well. Take care!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, really glad you all enjoyed it. If I ever start another quest up again, I'll definitely tag you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back