• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Passengers of Car Three - OOC

Characters
Here
Hi!!

K sooooo like questions then:

Does the writing sample also have to include the part where the subway train gets teleported/warped away and then wind up in the field?
Are we complete strangers to one another but we all come from the same city of: Someplace, USA?
How many items Max would you say we can list?

Hi!!

K sooooo like questions then:

Does the writing sample also have to include the part where the subway train gets teleported/warped away and then wind up in the field?
Are we complete strangers to one another but we all come from the same city of: Someplace, USA?
How many items Max would you say we can list?
1. No, not necessarily
2. Yes, complete strangers from (some east coast city)
3. If you would reasonably have it with you on an average subway trip, you can bring it!

1. No, not necessarily
2. Yes, complete strangers from (some east coast city)
3. If you would reasonably have it with you on an average subway trip, you can bring it!
K coools thx.

Sooooo like would you say that Barnaby would be 'the skeptic' kinda' role? Cuz i have 2 charries in mind.

One is just blabbery and fun, the other is intense and spiritual. The fun one would be 'the airhead' kinda' role and the spiritual one would be 'the angry one' kinda' role.

K coools thx.

Sooooo like would you say that Barnaby would be 'the skeptic' kinda' role? Cuz i have 2 charries in mind.

One is just blabbery and fun, the other is intense and spiritual. The fun one would be 'the airhead' kinda' role and the spiritual one would be 'the angry one' kinda' role.
Not so much a skeptic because he's a humanities teacher. More of a wondered or postulator.

Either character sounds good to me.

Not so much a skeptic because he's a humanities teacher. More of a wondered or postulator.

Either character sounds good to me.
K coools.

And so like well i like both of them lol sooooo like imma just wait to see what other concepts others come up with. But like just to give a rough sketch of both:

- The 'airhead' is a 'not-so-famous' skater/surfer punk chick that is sweet, fun, and playful but is just so random and talks like wwwwwwaaayyyy too much.

- The 'angry one' is a tattoo artist/'not-so-famous' model and self-proclaimed witch that is dark, intense and standoffish, but is a softie underneath it all and once trust is built, she is fiercely loyal.

(In my head, The BuggaVerse, they are friends and the 'angry one' not only does the art, design and merch for the 'airhead's' brand, but she is also her tattoo'ist/piercer too lol)

Last edited:
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo my only ask for either character is to pull back on the fame element a bit. I'm looking for the passengers to all be nobodies to a certain extent. I'm definitely cool with them having a growing social media following or something like that.

hey guys!! im still trying to figure out a concept for a character :')) my first immediate thought after reading barnaby's sheet was a student that goes to the same university he teaches at 🤔

if i don't do that i might go for an office worker who's incredibly bored with their life and desires some kind of change or maybe a paranormal investigator i have (he has a youtube account and he writes a blog but he's definitely not famous pfff) that'd have an absolute field day surrounded by everything weird. out of these idea, what would fit best, do you think?

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo my only ask for either character is to pull back on the fame element a bit. I'm looking for the passengers to all be nobodies to a certain extent. I'm definitely cool with them having a growing social media following or something like that.
k well actually thinkin that 'airhead' be only famous in their market. Sooooo like if I said i hung out with Lizzy Armanto or like Maya Gabeira most people would be like who wut? But like with my friends they'd go bananananasss!! And 'angry one' is a model for like that kinda' market too. Like 'oh i recognize her face and tats but not her name' kinda deal.

But k I can defo dial it back so that they just run a punk/surfer fashion brand.

hey guys!! im still trying to figure out a concept for a character :')) my first immediate thought after reading barnaby's sheet was a student that goes to the same university he teaches at 🤔

if i don't do that i might go for an office worker who's incredibly bored with their life and desires some kind of change or maybe a paranormal investigator i have (he has a youtube account and he writes a blog but he's definitely not famous pfff) that'd have an absolute field day surrounded by everything weird. out of these idea, what would fit best, do you think?
Thinkin I like idea 2 and like maybe give them a skeptic angle?

Like maybe they tried reeeeeeeallyy hard to find 'undeniable, solid evidence' for paranormal but constantly debunked cases even tho they wanna believe? Then like this space/time warp happens and they link some kinda theory they been working on all along that lines up with wuts just happened to the charries?

What do ya'll think of my character being the token old person? I'm thinking a new-age hippy elementary school art teacher in her late 50's early 60's? So in the teaching profession like Barnaby but like... barely. I'm just trying to think of all the kind of people you see in the subway. The homeless, the obnoxious guy who is blasting music through his cell phone, the girl who is doing her make-up the whole ride flawlessly despite the fact that the carriage is shaking, the nervous woman checking her watch constantly like she's late for a meeting, the kids who have decided a crowded car is the PERFECT place to film a tiktok dance, that one dude who is passed out but somehow wakes up just before his stop... SO MANY CHOICES~

I'm thinking of my character as the college age person in their early 20's working some crappy minimum wage job. takes the subway to work because they don't have a car. not chronically online but definitely active especially in political spaces and queer spaces. super into music and radical ideology (person on the subway who always had the earbuds in). a kind of unlikely leader maybe? or at least headstrong and confident, rebellious to a fault at times and street smart if a bit clumsy and socially awkward. let me know what you think.

edit: they probably would be argumentative with the 'intellectual' types or 'not so famous' influencer types.

Sorry if my sheet is a bit boring lol, just joined the site and still don't entirely get the BBcode. Been a long while since I've been on a site that used it.

All right all. I'm going to move forward with the characters currently approved.

I'll post the RP thread sometime this evening and get a starter post up. I'm not going to set any guidelines for posting order, just try to give folks a chance to get their posts in.

Can't wait to get started!

Took me a while to find the thread so I'll just post it here for anyone else who got lost

That's so weird, it usually alerts ppl when they've been tagged.

k soooo like questions then:

• It was just a 'jolt' right not a full on train wreck crash right?
  • Does the train have any lights or is it dead?
  • Does Corki's phone work? Like I know she wont get signal lol but like do all the other functions work?
  • Does it smell like a field or anything weird out there?

k soooo like questions then:

• It was just a 'jolt' right not a full on train wreck crash right?
  • Does the train have any lights or is it dead?
  • Does Corki's phone work? Like I know she wont get signal lol but like do all the other functions work?
  • Does it smell like a field or anything weird out there?

There is a jolt followed by the train going absolutely bananas for about thirty seconds before crashing in the field. It's a violent enough journey that several people in the car die.

The train is totally dead, but it's the middle of the day outside.

Her phone can work, but obviously no service.

It smells warm and sweet like a meadow.

Should we wait for everyone to get a beginner post out before we start a new one? If so is that like the general etiquette for the future too or at that point can we just post at our own pace within reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back