• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Passage of Time [OOC]

Kazehana

Vivacious Flora
Things and stuff

Also I don't know where to leave these so here they are. Sorry if they're long as well I might have gotten a little carried away!

Rules and Such

1. As always, be respectful of other people and talk to me if there's a minor issue and an administrator of the site for major problems. Hopefully that never happens.
  2. PLEASE try your best to be active. A post of at least every 3 days should be standard. Anything beyond 5 days could result in your character becoming commandeered. Please read the Q&A for more information regarding this!
  3. Be reasonable with what you do with other people's characters. The occasional sure-hit in a fight is inevitable, but please don't do like 5 things in a row before your adversary has the chance to respond.
  4. Character death must be reasonable and justifiable. Discrepancies between two or more parties will go to me, and I will try my best to remain unbiased even in the case where I am involved. Let me know if I get too out of line with this; I want to be fair!
  5. That's all I can think of right now! Let me know if you have any questions! : )

Q&A

Q: How do pacts work?
A: Upon the initiation of a pact, the ancient's cord is revealed, containing a red string surrounded by their magical aura. It is wrapped around the ancient's dominant hand and extends like a snake to its target. Once it wraps around the target's dominant hand, the cord disappears and cannot be recalled again.
Any human can make a pact with any ancient. The only requirement is that the ancient consents because this is the only way for the cord to appear.

Q: What are the negatives of making a pact?
A: If the human of a tethered ancient is harmed or dead, the ancient will feel an echo of the pain regardless of position or distance. While an ancient cannot die from this effect, they will be severely incapacitated if major or lethal harm comes to their human, making them highly vulnerable.
This makes their tethered human a target for others, making their lives also at stake.

Q: That sucks! Why would an ancient make a pact?
A: The power given to a tethered ancient usually comes in the form of an ultimate power, one that is far superior and lethal than their other given abilities. Without this power, it is exceptionally difficult to defend oneself from a lethal attack, or deliver one of their own.
Ultimates themselves are tricky. They can only be used once during a 24 hour period, where the power is replenished at noon. While it is important to not be stingy with such a life-or-death power, it is equally important to take a risk to ensure either an elimination or safety.

Q: What is the government doing during this war?
A: None of the government's affairs have leaked regarding the ancients since the initial leak of preliminary information. I will not divulge any information about this that is not publicly known through IC events. I mean, if there is any (there will be).

Q: What do the ancients remember about their past?
A: This is up to the individual for the most part. They can remember a lot or none at all since traveling through the Passage of Time. However, a few things that are blanket for everyone: No one knows anything about the Passage of Time or what happened the day that they were put through it. In addition, no one would know why they were there or what brought them to modern times. All ancients will know how to use their powers and how to create a pact.

Q: Do any of the characters already know each other?
A: Relationships can be established with people, preferably before they begin posting. It does not matter if everyone knows each other or no one knows each other. It's all good (in the hood).

Q: What if I can't post for a period of time?
A: Please PLEASE let me know so we can take care of it. Depending on the length of time, we may commandeer the character AS MINIMALLY AS POSSIBLE so that other people are not stuck. My biggest pet peeve is when an entire RP dies because one person no longer responds and it is impossible to move forward without them. I will try VERY HARD to make sure that you are aware of what happens with your character and try to receive basic input on your wishes for the post. BE WARNED that if you do not inform anyone of your absence or leave without notice, your character will likely be killed off so that everyone else can continue. I do NOT have tolerance for people who do not communicate what's going on or worse, leaves an RP abruptly and with no valid reason. Don't be that person please. Okay rant over NEXT!

Q: What if you as the RP captain disappear and the plot comes to a halt?
A: Not happening ever period. If there is an emergency where I cannot be present for a long period of time, I will communicate the situation and allow someone else to take over. I do not believe in leaving an RP in the middle of the story, and you can be assured that I'm willing to go to the end.

Q: How many characters can I have/can I contribute to the plot?
A: As many as you can handle, and yes. I really want people to get involved in how the story moves forward, but I do have major plot points that we will hit no matter what. Subplots and other shenanigans can be largely up to you.

Q: Can my character be an Elder?
A: You MUST ask beforehand if this is even to be considered. Elders are of high importance and are expected to contribute in the RP more than the average character. If you make this character, you're saying that you're in it for the long haul. These do not need to be filled, as they can easily be used as plot devices

Q: What if I have a question?
A: Ask it, silly.

IC --- CS

Last edited:
Okay!! I read the IC, rules and Q&A now onto the CS XD (Please tell me if I should read the interest check as well or if you need more people, I have a few that would be more than happy to join :3) Kazehana Kazehana

Okay!! I read the IC, rules and Q&A now onto the CS XD (Please tell me if I should read the interest check as well or if you need more people, I have a few that would be more than happy to join :3) Kazehana Kazehana
My good ness lol
The interest check info is basically what's in IC right now. I don't mind if we have more people tbh. Never been in an RP this large yet though haha

My good ness lol
The interest check info is basically what's in IC right now. I don't mind if we have more people tbh. Never been in an RP this large yet though haha
XD Lol, Kk!!

Okay I'm just posting for no reason now XD

sorry, been busy with college lately. besides, i like to wait and see other people's CSs before writing my own. dont worry, itll be done eventually - the end of this week at the most...you might want to remind me on thursday, though...:P

Kazehana Kazehana

sorry, been busy with college lately. besides, i like to wait and see other people's CSs before writing my own. dont worry, itll be done eventually - the end of this week at the most...you might want to remind me on thursday, though...:P

Kazehana Kazehana
Hm, sorry I got lost for a bit there~ XD "^w^ Exams plus just getting new pets today!! I'll have to re-look at this tomorrow I think but I'm still interested so far
You good just checking! I was gonna see if I could hold off on my CS(s?) until I saw how many of what we had and balance it out with mine

Kazehana Kazehana

Is Dinah all right? I like her, but I'm worried her power is too strong for this RP.
I was gonna address them all at once, but my main concern is that her ultimate might be too good ya know? 10 minutes of being able to do whatever she wants with no limit whatsoever seems like it could beat anything. If I understand correctly, her coins let her do a variety of things tat tap into multiple areas of magic, making the limit and coins needed necessary to make her viable against other people. I also wanted to be able to provide examples of alternatives but I hadn't thought of any yet, making my objection seem a bit out of place in my opinion.

I like the character, and everything else seems fine as long as you trust yourself to moderate the coin to power ratio. I just wish I had a suggestion for her ultimate that didn't make her too overpowered but still give her an edge. Promise I'm thinking about it to help with suggestions!

Kazehana Kazehana

Heya- just wanted to ask if this was still open... (I know it probably is but my timidity forbids me from posting a character before asking this question in every role play I take part in... 'o_o sorry!)

(Also I love Shaymin...almost as cute as Quagsire)

Last edited:
Kazehana Kazehana

Heya- just wanted to ask if this was still open... (I know it probably is but my timidity forbids me from posting a character before asking this question in every role play I take part in... 'o_o sorry!)

(Also I love Shaymin...almost as cute as Quagsire)
Yes of course lol I think I'll just keep it open unless it gets outrageously busy D:

Looking forward to it~

Alexey Vasiliev
(uh • l • EH • k • s • ee || v ah s ee l eh v)

“Magic is amazing, but it poses a danger to everyone if it gets into the wrong hands. At least, that's what fiction containing magic reveals.”

Basic Info
appearance
22 years old | 5 foot 9 inches | Human | Bisexual (leans towards guys)
Not tethered | Writer's Assistant | Pursuing Master in English Lit

Personality
Friendly | Outgoing | Patient | Talkative | Well mannered
Blunt | Cold to new people | Easily bored

Background
Alexey was born as the only son of four children. Rarely was he ever safe from his older sisters and their tormenting. Luckily, he was always able to retreat to the nearby library and read books. He enjoyed them so much that he wanted to do something in relation to writing. He got accepted into college, got a job as a semi-popular writer’s assistant, and began to write in his spare time.

Trivia
Despite being Russian, he doesn’t have as thick of an accent as his parents. It’s barely noticeable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keone Sidala
(key • oh • ne || see • da • la)

Basic Info
appearance
19 years old | 5 foot 5 inches | Ancient | Not tethered

Personality
Quiet | Shy | Timid | Kind | Gentle | Easily Oppressed

Background
Keone was always a shy, quiet girl. She rarely ever went in public and she never had any friends. She spent the grand majority of her time . So, no one noticed the disappearance of the young girl. After being released into a strange place, she made her way to the most sparsely populated region she could find, and managed to stay hidden.

Magic - Healing Touch
Keone is blessed with the gift of healing. She heals at the most basic level, usually fixing minor wounds like cuts, bruises, and light burns. She can help someone recover from minor blood loss. And is able to close critical wounds such as lost of limbs or damaged nerves and internal organs.

Ultimate - Holy Touch
Through her holy touch, Keone has an advanced level of healing. She is able to reach the level of healing that modern medicine cannot. Lost limbs and internal organs are completely healed, damaged nerves can be healed to a certain extent, and critically and fatally damaged cells can regenerate, preventing scars. Under two conditions, the person she is healing must be alive, and she must take on the damage herself. The wounds might eventually heal, but they will never fully be fixed.

Trivia
Keone is not a battle worthy ancient, but she would be paired well with someone who has an ancient that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~

((I'd be happy to accept an ancient and a human for my children.))
Nice! Question and comment: How can Alexey be both outgoing and friendly on top of being cold to new people? That seems contradictory to me
And Keone's backstory has a sentence that ends in the middle : O

I was gonna address them all at once, but my main concern is that her ultimate might be too good ya know? 10 minutes of being able to do whatever she wants with no limit whatsoever seems like it could beat anything. If I understand correctly, her coins let her do a variety of things tat tap into multiple areas of magic, making the limit and coins needed necessary to make her viable against other people. I also wanted to be able to provide examples of alternatives but I hadn't thought of any yet, making my objection seem a bit out of place in my opinion.

I like the character, and everything else seems fine as long as you trust yourself to moderate the coin to power ratio. I just wish I had a suggestion for her ultimate that didn't make her too overpowered but still give her an edge. Promise I'm thinking about it to help with suggestions!
Yeah, it seems overpowered in retrospect. I'll think about something to replace it.

Kazehana Kazehana Just wanted to know if an ancient is born with their powers or if they obtain it somehow, or is that left up to me?

I should be posting my character in the next 24 hours, I have done almost everything and have a rough backstory.

Basic Info
Name:
Charlie 'Chuck' Drake
Height: 5' 4.5" (he is insists you acknowledge the 0.5 inches)
Species: Ancient
Tether: None
Picture: (Disclaimer: art not mine)
5725e1e2545ee4bcbad80ffd71b800cf.png
mm3d_countdown___speedpaint__by_raven_igma-d8feynl.png

More in depth info

Personality: Quite mischievous, immature and lax, he initially tries to be friendly with whomever he meets but is a bit socially inept. He does have a good sense of humour (albeit slightly cynical). He is quite selfish at times too and loses his temper rather easily, when in a really bad mood he can adopt a megalomaniac attitude and become quite sadistic in the ways he deals with his aggravators. Although once he calms down he is usually very apologetic if it was one of his friends whom he was angry with. Overall, as a friend he would be seen as high maintenance but loyal if treated correctly.
Background: As a young boy Charlie always had a spent a lot of his time in the forest and had built a strong connection with animals. He did this mostly because a lot of human children would try to avoid him as he had accidentally leaked his powers to them on multiple occasions- even though he used his telekinesis to help them people still considered him a freak. No one really targeted him for bullying, they simply avoided him. As a result he abandoned his hope for human companionship and went out into the woods, wearing weird outfits and masks and walking and dancing in odd ways out of frustration: if they were going to believe he was a freak then he was going to look and play the part. One day whilst out in the woods, Charlie heard a gunshot- he rushed over to where it came from and found Hunters shooting at foxes for sport. Charlie told them to stop but they simply laughed at his outfit and told him that they'd shoot him too if he did not move. Irritated at their selfishness towards the foxes and their rudeness towards him, Charlie decided to put on a show. Theatrically he floated himself in the air, and with slow distorted (he is double jointed) arm movements he began to fling things at them using telekinesis: rocks, small logs, acorns. It was harmless, Charlie did not want to really hurt them- although it was taking all of his willpower to keep that mind-set about it. Eventually the Hunters were so scared they ran off into the nearby town, Charlie's home town, in shock and disarray, telling people the forest was haunted. From that day on, Charlie's mother refused to let Charlie into the woods again for his own safety- he did not tell her what he had done.

Abilities

Magic: Telekinesis, Charlie can lift objects and move them around with his mind, though he has to use hand movements to actually move the object. He has difficulty maintaining his power with heavier objects and cannot lift objects over 80kg (175lb), furthermore: if he is lifting multiple objects their combined weight cannot exceed 80kg either.
Ultimate: Ultrakinesis, the limit to what he can lift increases to 500kg (1100lb), and he does not have to use hand movements to control what he moves. His body movement speed also becomes extremely quick, allowing him to dodge attacks easily. However, he can generally only sustain this state for a few minutes, any longer will cause Charlie extreme fatigue, and force him out of this state: most likely collapsing.

Misc.

Other:
His lifestyle and bond with animals has rendered him completely unafraid of any animal.
Hates being teased about his height.
He doesn't take his mask off much, especially after the incident in the woods out of fear that people will see him and 'put a name to his face'
The amount of Skull Kid in this post lol

Only complaint I have is that firearms were not invented until over 3 centuries of his time, so that part of his backstory needs to be altered to fit being ~1000 years ago

The rest is good

And just so you know, he might be weaker/less versed in his magic than most because he's only 16

btw, the power i plan on using is force, momentum, motion etcetera (just to call dibs :P)
ill try to get a CS up tomorrow, but i might be too tired so if not, thursday

The amount of Skull Kid in this post lol

Only complaint I have is that firearms were not invented until over 3 centuries of his time, so that part of his backstory needs to be altered to fit being ~1000 years ago

The rest is good

And just so you know, he might be weaker/less versed in his magic than most because he's only 16

Haha yes, I love The Legend of Zelda
Unfortunately I've been pressed for time recently so I was either going to reuse an old OC or make a parody of a canon character- you'll never guess which one of those two options I chose xD

I've changed the firearms part just like you said.

And I never really intended for him to be super experienced anyway, that's why his ultimate is essentially just gaining more brute force, lol.

Haha yes, I love The Legend of Zelda
Unfortunately I've been pressed for time recently so I was either going to reuse an old OC or make a parody of a canon character- you'll never guess which one of those two options I chose xD

I've changed the firearms part just like you said.

And I never really intended for him to be super experienced anyway, that's why his ultimate is essentially just gaining more brute force, lol.
Who doesn't like good ol fashioned brute force lmao

Nice! Question and comment: How can Alexey be both outgoing and friendly on top of being cold to new people? That seems contradictory to me
And Keone's backstory has a sentence that ends in the middle : O

Alexey is cold to people he will never meet again/people who don't know someone he knows. As long as they are anot acquaintance of someone he knows, all will be good. If that's not okay, I'm fine with taking out the cold to new people.

I'll fix the backstory

Alexey is cold to people he will never meet again/people who don't know someone he knows. As long as they are anot acquaintance of someone he knows, all will be good. If that's not okay, I'm fine with taking out the cold to new people.

I'll fix the backstory
No problems at all! Just wanted a bit of clarification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back