• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Paranormal Investigation Club's Daily Activities

Lore
Here
Other
Here
>> Go to Kinzou Shopping District.

Seems like the least creepy place, and we could try shopping for something useful

Finally! Someone with a similar mindset as my own!
>>> Go to the Kinzou Shopping District
Get a crowbar! A weapon! Maybe a cool mask! And no butt kicking assemble would be complete without a bag of potato chips!

>> Go to Kinzou Shopping District.
After looking at the three bond papers placed over the table, packed with information regarding a location and the supposedly paranormal event associated with them, I have decided to go with the Kinzou Shopping District paper. Why, you may ask? I have plenty of reasons, with supporting details at that. Compared to the two other papers, this shopping district had the least scariest paranormal event associated with it. High-pitched screams, crying, and machine squeaking? It sounds like some kind of human torture chamber of some sorts. I'm not taking my chances with that. Moving pictures at night? It didn't sound scary to me, but I'm more particularly concerned with that one other person in our club, and I thought of that as I looked at him pitifully. "Huh? Hiroshi, why are you giving me that look?" Takahashi remarked, at which I didn't respond to. Instead, I asked the two girls, Sylvia and Maika, a question regarding our meals.

"How are we going to eat our meals, by the way? I understand that we can eat at the cafeteria during school days, but only lunch. How about breakfast and dinner, and our meals during weekends and holidays?" I asked them. Sylvia responded, "For breakfast, we usually order bread from the bakery nearby. For lunch, we eat at the cafeteria during school days, otherwise we eat convenience store meals. For dinner, we order near the ramen place nearby." I noticed some problems with their habits regarding meals. If something were to happen that wouldn't enable them to order food outside, they're going to starve. The other problem was the money. So, I asked them about the problems.

Maika responded to me this time, "We do have a few boxes of canned food stored in the storage room and almost four months' worth of mineral water. If an emergency were to happen, of course me and Syl would be prepared to stay inside for at least three months. But with the addition of you three, I'm guessing that we wouldn't even last three weeks," She continued speaking. "About the money, me and Syl have multiple part-time jobs over the weekend. It gives us about two weeks' worth of money for essentials, such as food and the hot springs. Again with the addition of you three... You guys better find a part-time job soon, or you'll starve to death."

I looked at light hanging over the ceiling as I analyzed their answers, with my hands placed over the table and the papers, but it was interrupted with Takahashi speaking his thoughts out loud. "Wait a minute... Something isn't right." The other four glanced at the orange-haired boy, waiting for his other input. "How can Fukari and Furuka earn that much money in a short period of time?" He put his hand on his chin and looked down the table, as if he was actually on to something that would blow their minds off. "Don't tell me... You guys are selling yoursel--" Before the perverted man finished what he was about to say, Maika smacked the back of his so hard, his head crashed on the table. It took Aiko a few seconds to realize what Takahashi meant by that, and when she finally did, her face went full red. "N-N-N-No way!"

"Don't believe what the pervert is saying, Aiko-san,"
Maika carefully explained what they meant by 'part time jobs' to the clueless girl. "We have various day jobs, such as cleaning facilities, cashiers, organizing documents, coaching teams, and more. Our last day job ends before sundown." Aiko blinked a few times as her gaze keeps darting at random directions in the room. Probably because she was still embarrassed. "O-Of course! Ehehehe..." was the only response she could muster.

"We'll go to the Kinzou Shopping District, and hopefully investigate the demon that snatches shiny objects. Not only we can buy what we need for the following weeks, but me, Aiko, and Takahashi may also get a part-time job. I've read that this shopping district became unpopular after a mall nearby opened, so there might be at least a few shops that would need help from a few youngsters." I explained to them, and the four them seemed to be in agreement with what I said.

Maika nodded, "Let's go with that, then." And with that, our club meeting ended for the day.

---

7:25 | August 26 | Saturday

As I woke up, I found myself laying down on some soft foam. It had some sort of slippery texture, and I could smell a certain girl's scent on this. A sleeping bag used by Maika, I thought. I felt cold, yet I was sweating intensely for some reason, and my vision blurred. The room was dark, and I couldn't make out where I actually was, right now. I wanted to go back to sleep in hopes of easing the pain in my head, when I heard something terrifying that knocked me out of my sleep.

A deep, menacing growl echoed the room as it vibrated the walls. It was a growl I'm almost familiar with, yet this one sounded more terrifying. It was the sound of a demon's growl. My hairs stood on each end, motivating me to stand up and exit the room and go to the half-open door, with light leaking on the gap. As soon as I stood up, I almost fell back down the floor, if it wasn't for the shelf that I grabbed on to and supported me. The pain in my head increased twofold, but that still didn't stop me from trying to escape this room. I reached for the doorknob, and I instantly saw everyone. Maika, Sylvia, Takahashi, and Aiko. They were all talking to each other, and each of them were wearing casual clothes. They glanced towards me, and the first to come to me was Aiko. "Hiro-kun, you shouldn't!" And when I was about to force myself to come to them, she said to me, "You have a fever."

A fever now... of all times? I internally cursed. Aiko opened the lights in the storage room and checked my temperature, and the thermometer read: 38°C. There was basin of cold water and a towel placed beside the sleeping bag, and after she set me down on the sleeping bag, she placed the cold towel over my head. Maika entered the room and spoke to me, "You should be grateful that I'm letting you sleep at my sleeping bag. If I was heartless, I would've forced you to sleep on the floor." And I didn't even have the energy to properly respond a counter to what she said, so I just said, "Mm, thanks."

Aiko and Maika told me to not push myself too hard and rest for this day, so they'll handle everything today for my sake. If all goes well, and I feel better by the time they go back to the club room, we would still be able to continue the investigation tonight. Otherwise, we might have to cancel it all together.

---

8:00

And with that, they've went off for the day, and I was left alone in the club room. There was a medicine and convenience store lunch prepared for me on the table outside the storage room. I couldn't be sitting here all day, waiting for them to come back. My head still hurt, yet I forced myself to stand up and sit at one of the chairs, and attempted to think of something to do. That growling earlier... It was a hallucination, right? I thought, and I hoped that it was just something that formed in my imagination. My gaze darted at the closed cabinets in the club room, and the closed boxes on the storage room. I'm just a little curious, but what's inside them?

>> Check the cabinets.

>> Check the storage room.

>> Ignore the thought and rest.

Last edited:
Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Fill Fill ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool

Posted! Sorry for taking so long again, my attention keeps wandering towards different things. I've put a little foreshadowing in this post because I felt like I needed it. Needless to say, the next post will be the investigation post.

> Check the freakin' cabinets!
If there is something in the boxes, we can just kick it! If there is something in the cabinets, our boy is gon get ate or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back