• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Ages ago, in the farthest reaches of space there was a planet called Gaia. This planet was protected by a group of magical warriors called the Pantheon who conveniently share the names and theoretical power sets of ancient greek deities. They battled the dark forces that sought to conquer Gaia (there was also a legit army too but that was reserved for more mundane threats unless things got really bad). These forces were led by Chronos, a dark, powerful, and evil warlord who conveniently shares the same name and theoretical power set of an ancient greek deity. During the final battle with Chronos, the Pantheon killed him at the cost of their own lives. But before they died, they imbued some of their power into a crystal (somehow) called the Crystal of the Gods so that if a new threat ever arose a group of worthy successors could rise up and take their place.

Today, in the farthest reaches of space there is still a planet called Gaia. The planet has seen many years of peace since Chronos' defeat. But now, a new threat has arisen. Or rather, an old threat. Chronos has returned and his first act was to find the Crystal of the Gods and destroy it. Rather than let the Crystal be destroyed, the Crystal's guardian, an ethereal pegasus named Stratosphere, used all his power to blast off into space and escape Chronos' monsters.

Stratosphere flew to the planet Earth, a backwater planet where presumably nobody would ever look for the Crystal. Because Earth just can't catch a break. Stratosphere and the Crystal just happened to fall into the backyard of a group of teenagers who were hanging out together and generally having acpretty decent time. When the teenagers went out to investigate the Crystal of the Gods apparently decided that they were worthy of being the new Pantheon and gave them the power to transform Magical Girl style so that they can fight evil. It's also entirely possible that the Crystal was desperate and the teenagers just happened to be there. Who knows.

ΩΩΩ
Hello friends, foes, and others. My name is BackSet, but you knew that already. Welcome to a semi-reboot of Magical Goddess Girls, an old roleplay of mine which I will not link. But this time, instead of six specific roles you can play any God or Goddess that you want so long as your God or Goddess is actually an Earth teenager who's friends with other Earth teenagers who turn into Gods/Goddesses and is probably a hormonally addled mess (who knows).

I would still like to keep the number of players small, though. You know, so we can do the whole tight-knit friend group thing, which is what we're doing because I have been aching to roleplay something like that for ages. Also we're going to skip the whole origin thing and get straight to the meat since the origin is cliffnoted in the pitch. Maybe we can do it as a side story. So, yeah.

I’m interested! Do the earth teenagers have the same names as the Gods or do they have regular names and just get the Gods’ powers?

I’m interested! Do the earth teenagers have the same names as the Gods or do they have regular names and just get the Gods’ powers?
They have regular names and get the Gods' powers. (Though it would be funny if one of them happened to have the same name as the God they got the powers of) They do use the names of the Gods as secret identities, though (the excuse is that the less people that know your true name the better which is actually a thing in several mythologies.)

Would the gods be limited to the Greek gods or would any nobe all powerful God be allowable?

Interesting, and also ironic that the Olympians are the ones defending Gaia from the Titans instead of the other way around.

Machine gun question attack*

What gods are already claimed? Can i call dibs on Ares? What of the demigods? How frequently do you wish for us to post? It is safe to assume by us needing to be friends that the vast majority of us will know each other correct? How old do we need to be? Finally, what does the normal world like say the governments think about all this?

Sorry had alot of questions...but i am very much interested.

Would the gods be limited to the Greek gods or would any nobe all powerful God be allowable?
I've had this setting for literal years and I put a lot (and I mean a lot) of effort into the Greek Mythology theme so just Greek Gods.
Interesting, and also ironic that the Olympians are the ones defending Gaia from the Titans instead of the other way around.
I know, right,
What gods are already claimed? Can i call dibs on Ares?
No Gods have been claimed yet but yeah, sure, you can call dibs on Ares. And if we're calling dibs, Imma call dibs on Aphrodite.
What of the demigods?
I don't have an answer for that.
How frequently do you wish for us to post?
Enough that this doesn't die.
It is safe to assume by us needing to be friends that the vast majority of us will know each other correct?
Yes. That would what being friends means.
How old do we need to be?
Highschool Freshman to Senior.
Finally, what does the normal world like say the governments think about all this?
There hasn't really been a public attack yet. We're starting the roleplay about a day or two after you recieved powers, which did involve a fight but not a fight anyone saw.

Im excited. What kinda abilities are there gonna be im assuming they fit themes...i would like ares to be a weapon spawner and user with him essentually able to call weaponry to his hands and imbue them with energy to make them essentially magical weapons.

When makeing the characters is it important that their personalities match the god they are being empowered by? Or can we make them have contrasting feelings. For example a war god who hates conflict but understands the necessity of it? Sorry to pester it just makes it easier to wrap my head around things when i ask loads of questions.

I remember seeing the thread of the original RP on TV Tropes when it died :/

Heck yeah, I'm in! I call dibs on either Iris or Hermes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back