• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Pandora System - Interest Check

SilverDingo

Full Moon/Full Life
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

travis-m-couch-city01.jpg

This was meant to be paradise...

Now it's anything but...

The great city of Artemisia, also known as Jewel of the Pacific, was designed to be a city-state free from international governmental bonds, free from the effects of global warming, and a haven of scientific research. Founded by a group of corporations and built on an artificial island, Artemisia was built to be a utopia for all. A place where anyone could live in the lap of luxury and high technology.

Then came The Pandora System. It was meant to enhance life within the city by connecting everything, and everyone, to a neural interface. Created by AthenaGen, it was meant to connect every person in Artemisia. But, something went wrong. The system screwed up. Once ordinary people were changed completely. Their minds reverting to a primal state, attacking those that did not have it.

This was meant to be our home...

Now it’s our tomb...

Three days later, the city is now empty. Streets once crowded with people shopping and going to work, are now empty. Parks where children once happily played and laughed, now are filled with screams of pain and terror. Those who are unaffected scramble to survive in the empty forest of glass and steel. Skyscrapers once were filled with industry, now they stand as gravestones marking a society that once was, what could have been.

This is a futuristic horror RP with influence from Dead Space, Prey (2017), Mirror's Edge, and Remember Me. Following the release of an innovative new technology within the Pacific city state of Artemisia, a disaster occurred, rendering many users of the technology mindless, reverting them to an animalistic state.

The characters would be survivors, attempting to survive in the city to either find and destroy the source of the issue or escape the city altogether. This would take elements of Survival Horror games, with resource gathering and such, though with less scarcity due to the self-sustainability of the city. There would also be a job system, allowing characters to start with a basic kit and ability to help them survive.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask me!​

Last edited:
This is really cool! I'm interested! : )
Thank you! I’m so glad to hear it! It’s been an RP I’ve been tooling with on and off for over a year, so hearing someone say that makes me feel happy.

SilverDingo SilverDingo What's your expected post length minimum, and how many posts do you expect in a certain amount of time? As for the RP, I did have a question towards it. If everyone is connected to the interface, shouldn't the main characters also be affected? Otherwise, how did they avoid being turned into, well, mindless zombies?

What's your expected post length minimum
One paragraph at minimum.

and how many posts do you expect in a certain amount of time?
Once a week at least, but it's adjustable due to the fact that I have anxiety, depression, and college and know other people do too.

As for the RP, I did have a question towards it. If everyone is connected to the interface, shouldn't the main characters also be affected? Otherwise, how did they avoid being turned into, well, mindless zombies?

The Pandora system was an optional upgrade. Basically everyone in the city is connected to an intranet, which shows maps, work data, keys, etc. The Pandora System just centralized that into a neural interface attached to the brain so that you didn't need your phone/wrist-worn device to activate it. It was just always active. It was more convenience that was frankly unnecessary although the Pandora System did other things (television, communication, things like that.) The players are citizens who did not get the surgery to get it implanted into them.​

The Pandora system was an optional upgrade. Basically everyone in the city is connected to an intranet, which shows maps, work data, keys, etc. The Pandora System just centralized that into a neural interface attached to the brain so that you didn't need your phone/wrist-worn device to activate it. It was just always active. It was more convenience that was frankly unnecessary although the Pandora System did other things (television, communication, things like that.) The players are citizens who did not get the surgery to get it implanted into them.​

So, if I'm reading this correctly, our characters could still access the system through their phone or other devices without receiving the cybernetic upgrade?

So, if I'm reading this correctly, our characters could still access the system through their phone or other devices without receiving the cybernetic upgrade?
You got it. It’s pretty much an issue with the Firmware it’s running on rather than the software/things it’s connected to.

Right; I just wanted to make sure I read what you said correctly.

Any ideas on a character sheet, or are you waiting to release that once you get X amount of people to make an OOC?

Right; I just wanted to make sure I read what you said correctly.

Any ideas on a character sheet, or are you waiting to release that once you get X amount of people to make an OOC?

I actually have posted a character sheet and am waiting on it’s approval.

I’m currently facing some computer issues.

I’ll try to have the roleplay up within the week, but it will still Be open for new people for a while after we start.

I would recommend a separate thread for the ooc, but I would prefer a discord server. If you'd like, I can set one up for us?

I would recommend a separate thread for the ooc, but I would prefer a discord server. If you'd like, I can set one up for us?
Just saw this. Was busy all day, and I have finals next week.

I will make an OoC thread, and think about a Discord.

If this is still open, I would very much like to participate. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back