The Palace

@HarleyQuip @Mathias No Bias

"Thank you, Mr Gideon." Fleur said with a shallow bow. So that was that. A start of her new life. She definitely won't get a job with Alternate Medical ever again but this Bulwark could be something even better. A great opportunity which she actually took. Unbelievable. The whole thing was like watching a movie with someone else playing her part. Someone more confident, more determined, more ambitious.

Fleur laughed at Michael's distress about the new job. "Don't worry, you'll do fine. I'd just feel comfortable having you around and who knows where we'll be going now that we're working for him." She said, hugging her friend to comfort her. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you fit in. Maybe you can use your skills at a bit of distraction, hm?" She said with a wink. Fleur had a feeling that Michael would fit in better than she would. There was something about her attitude that simply made her someone who succeeds in life - when she doesn't mess around. In the world of corporate drones, Michael with her good looks was the one to make her way to the top if she picked her path well. Fleur had to admit, her friend's appearance made her bite her lip more than once. Usually, when drunk in whatever club she got dragged off to. But they were just friends. No time for anything else anyways.

"Thanks." Fleur chuckled, thinking about the kick she gave Declan. He was nice to realize what he did and apologize. Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all. "He just threw himself into the conversation, taking my chance to get some money. Still..." She raised the thousand credit bill. "I think I'm paying tonight." She grinned.

"Thanks again. I even surprised myself." Fleur laughed, blushing. That move certainly wasn't her own but it worked out. Maybe she could get even further if she took initiative more often.

Her line of thinking was cut short when Michael started dragging her away. "No, no, no!" Fleur protested with a laugh. "No alcohol, we can't come to work like that tomorrow." She looked over her shoulder. "How about we spend the night in my coffin. It will be a bit tight but it's comfortable." She chuckled awkwardly. "I just want to relax a bit and it would be awesome if you were with me." She smiled, tugging on Michael's hand.

@Mr_DC

"Oi! but all of the drinks are waiting impatiently behind the bar counter! Besides, you've got a new job... why don't we celebrate?"

Miky was watching Fleur's eyes wander towards her coffin before she spoke, the girl even bit her lip lightly. She was picking up on some of Fleur's internal thoughts afterall... this was the business she was into. She blushed under the mask a little at the thought of Fleur liking her in that way however the truth was Miky hadn't even showered since her sessions this afternoon so regardless of if they went out or not Miky was going to be up for a while...

"I also haven't showered all day so I'm gonna be up for a bit anyway. Let's make something of it and head to the club?"

Miky wasn't completely against the idea of it all but wanted to prod the girls brain a bit and learn more about her. She stopped tugging and let go of Fleur's hand so she didn't feel pressured into making a decision. Miky put both her hands on her knees and swayed back and forth until Fleur made a decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HarleyQuip

Fleur threw one look back at her coffin before nodding. The girl was almost ten years younger. She's made for partying. She probably saw Fleur as her mom which made the fleeting thought even more disturbing. No, in a world where lives lasted so short, the only thing that could fill in the age gap was money. Money corporate executives threw around. That's what Fleur was. A mom. Always working, always worrying, never having fun. She will probably be just as worried at the club, constantly watching over Michael to make sure she doesn't do something stupid.

Fleur smiled back at Michael and nodded. "Sure. Lets go out. Not too many drinks, though." She warned. Yeah, that's how she was. Don't have too many drinks, be responsible. She sighed. "You got a good club in mind?" Fleur said, walking up a bit closer to Michael. "How are your sessions going, by the way?" She asked, feeling a chill run down her spine. Fleur hates the idea of that. Unknown people watching her. They could be psychopaths for all she knew. Any of them could track her down and do who knows what. An awful thought. An awful hobby. An awful job.

Fleur's eyes trailed down onto Michael's mask. She was so young, so full of live while Fleur herself was worn. Life didn't just run her over, it backed up over her as well. What energy Fleur lacked, Michael had. They were such opposites yet Fleur loved her company. It was that breath of fresh air that made her keep going. That pat on the back when things got dark. She had someone to rely on and that kept her going.

"I should change my clothes... I stink of death." She grunted, turning back to her coffin. What a bother. Going out, being alive, forgetting about the future. That's no way to live in Nevereign. That's how the rich lives and Fleur wasn't one of those. Far from it. Maybe the new job will help cover her debt finally.

@Mr_DC

Miky jumped a little excited and exclaimed her happiness with a "WOO!"

"The sessions have been pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary, the occasional dickhead... and female popping in for a look."

Miky watched as the hope drained from Fleur's face with such noticeable sadness she couldn't help but feel bad. She looked down momentarily hiding the sad look in her own eyes with the lip of her hat, before putting the energy back into her face as she stood up straight and smiled, a ploom of bubblegum smoke filled the air, and she casually stretched her arms up.

"Alright if you want to go change real quick, I'll head up and freshen up..."

Miky was imagining something of a steamy and blurred angle of her see-through shower with the two of them intertwined in each other for a brief moment before coming back to reality.

"Uh... also... my room is on the tip top floor, room 3F. I'll leave the door open and you can c-come in when you're dressed."

With the scenario left to chance she quickly got on the elevator up leaving her apartment slightly ajar, before getting undressed.

I should probably grab it before getting in...

She thought to herself. She made her way to her bed and propped it up, and reached into the mattress before retrieving a .45 caliber pistol holstered in a leather sheath and made her way into the shower hanging the gun off the shower head before turning the water on causing the clear doors to fog up in a few moments.

@HarleyQuip

Fleur chuckled at Michael's excitement. At least she made the girl happy. "That's good, things being normal. I guess people will be watching you in a military uniform from now on." She smiled. Michael would almost certainly add her personal touch to her uniform but Fleur will be there, over her shoulder, making sure it's safe enough. That job was going to be the real deal. Going straight into action. Fleur won't be patching up papercuts. She will be working on wounded soldiers in life or death situations. Is that something Michael will be ready for?

It was selfish of Fleur. She dragged Michael into it without a thought about how she felt. She didn't want to lose her friend because she'll have to fly halfway across the world. Michael was happy. She had no reason to go except for Fleur, as flimsy of a reason as that was. It was selfish.

Fleur could see something in Michael's eyes. Something, not quite sure what. "Sure, I'll come up soon." Fleur waved and rushed over to her coffin with a skip in her step. Typing in the code into the small console by her pod, Fleur pulled the door open. The pod was like all others in the buildings. Small enough to be comfortable for one person horizontally, large enough to fit two. Three in a pinch. Honeycomb shaped cream walls and a thick, cushy mattress on the lower side. Deeper, on the 'wall' opposite of the door, was a small closet with her only pair of casual clothes. At least she had them washed the other day.

Crawling into the capsule, Fleur pulled open the closet. A small squirrel was inside, bitting on a nut and giving Fleur a quizzical look. Her 'pet' of a sort. Not many animals survive in the city and having this squirrel was a miracle. A small reminder that she can make it against all odds.

Changing her clothes in the capsule was difficult at best. Most other tenants were asleep, though, so no one would see her change in the hallway. Fleur quickly stripped her coveralls and put on a sweater and some jeans, instantly looking a couple years younger. She had a tired-looking face but her body was tight. The benefits of a small frame.

The smell still got into her skin and it was too late to go to the building's shower room. The place was filthy anyways. Maybe if they were fast enough, she could take a shower at Michael's. Shaking her messy hair and tossing in her coveralls, Fleur locked her coffin and headed up. 

Left her door open. Fleur shook her head. So unsafe. Though, the upper floors weren't like the lower ones. Not that it was worth testing the security even for a few minutes.

"It's me." Fleur said cautiously as she pushed the door open. Walking into an apartment felt unreal. Like walking into just another hallway. She got so used to crawling into her coffin that this was unusual. "You in the shower?" Fleur asked, taking a step towards the sound of running water.

No. She stopped herself. Give the girl some privacy. She took another step. No. She stopped again. It wouldn't be right. Another step. No. She will reject you. No. You never felt like this. No. She's your friend.

Fleur found herself in front of the bathroom door in spite of the protests. She was on autopilot again, her body acting on its own. She wasn't really protesting too much. She was going along with it, trying to stop herself just because she felt she should but went along because she wanted to. She wanted to see in person what so many others paid to see.

"Hey..." Fleur said in a whisper, her words getting lost in the sound of water. She was out of breath, her heart running fast. She blinked a few times as the steam hit her. There she was, behind the foggy glass. Michael. Her friend.

@Mr_DC

Miky was busy rinsing the last bit of soap from her hair when she heard Fleur's voice faintly echo into the bathroom that was so close to the front door of her apartment. She leaned on the back part of the shower making it hard for Fleur to see what she was doing. Miky bit her bottom lip and waited...

The wait seemed like forever with her heart racing, and anticipation of what was probably going to be nothing more than an awkward interaction... she heard Fleur's voice again but couldn't make out what she was saying.

Her eyes dilated and her heart started pounding even harder as she saw what she almost couldn't believe. Fleur's silhouette slowly... one step at a time... stepping closer and closer to the shower, Fleur knew what she was doing and that alone excited Miky.

As Fleur stopped just out of reach of the shower door... Miky's heart felt like it was going to bust out of her ribs, she was biting her lip so hard she caused the skin to break and she winced in pain and stopped, she leaned forward so her friend could see that Miky was watching the whole time, her fingers shaking from excitement her face inches from the interior glass... she slid the glass door open. Her eyes covered in a watered down black mess which made her eye sockets alot darker, a bit of crimson red coated her bottom lip and seeped onto her chin in a line of bright red. Miky smiled at Fleur. Without her shoes on the two of their faces were practically level.

Their eyes made contact and she could see the fear of rejection, the vulnerability, and even the excitement... the bathroom became silent for a few moments the water running drowned out by her heart beat...

Miky's words soft but alluring...

"You accepted my invitation then..."

The rest of the evening was a blur of skin tones and arousing noises against a watery background. Minutes turned into an hour, an hour turned into several and it went from wet smooth textures to soft, dry, textiles. Inevitably sleep overtook them and a new morning arose. The hologram candle had become a bright lit sunrise on the ceiling of her small room, an orange glow painted the curves between the two as they lay vulnerable aside each other, Miky's eyes slowly opened feeling a warmth where the light touched even though it had no temperature in itself, the colors sent the sensation across her skin nonetheless. She laid in Fleur's embrace her own cheek rested on the girl's forehead.

[It's been such a long time since I had a real human being, void of surface level gestures and insincere expressed interest only to get to this point... it's nice to actually feel...]

Her thoughts tapered off almost like an echo fading...

@HarleyQuip

Fleur didn't get much sleep. As soon as her body got whatever rest it needed, her mind started racing. It all happened out of pity. She felt sorry for me. Fleur thought but knew that wasn't the truth. There was no pity in what happened the previous night. Michael understood her. She felt the same. But for how long? That was much difficult to answer. There was no guarantee that it meant as much to Michael as it meant for Fleur. Just a one-time thing. A celebration. It could have been something Michael did with her friends. Michael. Miky. She never called her 'Miky' unless she was serious. She called her Miky last night. Moaned her name.

It was wrong. Everything Fleur did what she felt like she shouldn't have while at the same time feeling so natural. So right. Like something she should have done a long time ago. She could feel Miky's body moving, shifting with each breath sucked in. Then it all came down on her. Everything she did last night was nothing like her. Kicking Declan, jumping at a job, spending the night with Miky. It wasn't her. It was someone else doing everything while she just watched with tears in her eyes, fearing what will happen when the dust settles. Will Declan come after her? Will she get killed at the new job? Will Miky...

A tear rolled down Fleur's cheek but she didn't even blink. It was like she was crying through someone else's body again. This young girl, right next to her. Fleur did the same thing she did with the job. She took the opportunity. Took advantage. Did something that felt so right but was so wrong. What about Miky? The words never left her mind as she focused on the young girl's breathing. What about Miky? She had a new job now whether she liked it or not. She was now forced to spend the night with her friend. The confident spirit which took over Fleur's body for the night and did what she wanted without thoughts about the future was gone now. Now there was just Fleur. Fleur, lying by her friend after a night of...

"Hey..." Fleur whispered when she noticed Miky's eyes open, a shiver running down her spine. Not a shiver of cold but of reality. Everything became real. Everything that happened last night, no matter how new, no matter how inexperienced, no matter how good... Everything became real. And the consequences are going to start piling up, starting with Miky. It was a mistake. Fleur could imagine Miky saying. Her Miky. Michael.

She swallowed and looked up, trying to keep Miky from getting a good look at her. The wet streaks from her cheeks weren't something which could be hidden. Please... Don't say it's a mistake. I know it was, just don't say it. Another tear escaped. It paved the way for a steady stream of others. Don't say anything. Fleur's hands were shaking. I'm sorry, Michael. I didn't mean to. She forced a breath in, her muscles tensing as she tried to stop herself. Miky.

@Nevix @Mathias No Bias

(consider it morning)

@Mr_DC

Miky smiled softly as Fleur said hey to her. For Miky... last night was surreal, she had given the fantasy a thought more than once. Each time the fantasy getting a little more realistic.

[Was last night a dream?]

[Of course not you idiot, she's in your bed naked, vulnerable]

Almost as if on cue Fleur sat up and her voice sounded shaky her body tensing up. Miky had been that girl so many times... she knew what was happening and was shocked, laying there examining the girl for a few moments before slowly reaching her hand out and touching Fleur's warm back with a cold hand. As her hand made contact Miky felt her heart beat like it did last night. She withdrew her hand a little surprised...

"Fleur.... what's the matter? "

She said softly.

"I'll be okay if you're upset with me... just tell me... I need to know...I won't be mad"

Miky sat up next to Fleur and watched the girls hair quiver a sickness stirring in her gut

[Did I... rape... her?]

@HarleyQuip

"No." Fleur said with a smile, tears still rolling down her face. She was voiceless, just air leaving her lungs with a trace of the word she wanted to say. She felt weak, broken, and the friend who usually helped her was right by her side. It wasn't working. The same old medicine wasn't helping now. 

She covered her face, weeping. No more holding back. Fleur just couldn't. She didn't have strength anymore. She felt so weak, so vulnerable, like her whole body was an open wound. She couldn't handle it. 

"I'm sorry, Miky." She cried out, grabbing for her friend, pulling her in for a hug. "I'm sorry." She squeezed Miky, not wanting to let go. Don't leave me. "I'm sorry about the job, I'm sorry about last night." Fleur said, her words coming out mumbled but she couldn't help it. Her mind was mumbled.

Fleur should have been the smart one, the mature one. Not give into her emotions. Please... Fleur gulped and gave another squeeze. "Please, don't leave me, Miky." She cried. "I..." I couldn't handle it. She could handle working the rest of her life to cover a debt or forever being alone but not this. 

"Please." Fleur managed to say half of the word before another burst of tears started. She was a grown woman, crying and begging her friend - her lover now - not to go. It was never meant to happen. She never saw herself as anything more than a medic for Alternate Medical with a pet squirrel and a popular, attractive, younger friend. "Please." She whispered again. She didn't want to give Miky a chance to say anything. Just a delay so she wouldn't get the final rejection. As much as it hurt, she didn't want the moment to end because she knew that being pushed away by Miky would hurt so much more.

@Mr_DC
Miky was having a bit of a panic attack at this point, she hadn't been this close to anyone at this point and definitely didn't know how to handle the situation. She could see that Fleur was in pain and she wanted to help but she kept thinking she had done something, it wasn't until Fleur's squeaks and the cracks in her voice followed by Fleur clinging to her that Miky's anxiety began to subside.

"W-what is going on Fleur? I thought last night was really wonderful, where is all of this coming from"

She placed a hand the back of Fleur's head and let her cry desperately into her chest as she lay back down.

"Fleur... I'm right here, and I'll fight against the tide of the world to stay by your side..."

She pulled her arms out from Fleur's grasp and wrapped one arm around her back and pulled her ontop of her body almost as if to cradle her. Miky burried her face into the side of Fleur's neck

"Please don't cry... everything's gonna be alright..."

@HarleyQuip

Fleur was quiet, crying for as long as she could. There was something about being held by Miky that made everything better. Maybe, just maybe, things wouldn't be so bad. 

Fleur focused on taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself. Trying to stop herself from crying but every time she did, it started again. "Miky..." She kept repeating quietly until it lost all meaning to her. It was just something she repeated which helped her stay focused. The hold of her friend helped. Steadied her breathing, paced her thoughts.

Finally, Fleur was herself again. As much as she could be. "Miky?" She looked up. "I'm sorry I cried on you." She said with a smile, hoping to get one in return. "I don't want you to feel obligated to stay with me." Her voice was finally steady enough to speak. She finally sounded like she wasn't a crying child, sad about a dead puppy. "Last night was great but..." She fought back the tears. "I don't want you to stay with me just because..." I'll be alone. "You think you have to."

She cleared her throat. "I'm fine, I..." She wasn't fine. She was fine enough but not fine. "I won't break if this was just a one-time thing." She forced a smile again.

Fleur was finally in control of herself. "Last night was great and I..." Love you. "Enjoyed it but it's fine if it didn't mean much to you. I'm fine." She said, trying to convince herself more than Miky. I'm fine. She knew how to lie to herself. Kept telling herself that she will cover her debt. That she will advance in her job. That she will make the first move with Miky. I'm fine. She lied to herself. 

@Mr_DC

Miky did return her smile.

"Fleur... we just started getting to know each other, had I known you felt this deeply about me I think I would've talked to you about things first and made sure it was what you wanted... The feelings I had last night were real and that's not something that happens very often... I'm always "okay", or "fine" but never great, or excited like I was last night. My heart beat so hard I thought I might have a heart attack...

If you're really serious about this... us... I need you to seriously consider what a future with someone like me is going to hold. I don't know if you can see a beneficial future with me... I often forget how old you are because you just look so young, you're beautiful... but the truth of it is... you're more experienced than me and you know whats best for you.

I'm not going to pressure you into anything you don't want but seriously consider this choice, because I know I could be happy with you and I want to say yes, right now... this second... is this what you want physically and emotionally?"

[Please say yes]

She paused... she knew she had just spewed out a lot of information in a very short amount of time and it may overwhelm her again. So instead she just gently slid her own hand into Fleur's and intertwined their fingers together.

"If you want this... tell me. I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge your feelings sooner..."

Miky's brain overclocking... her feelings for Fleur were genuinely real, this wasn't just something she said for a customer. The truth of the situation was that... Miky had no idea SHE felt this way about her....

@HarleyQuip
Fleur chuckled nervously and hugged Miky. So, it was real. It didn't sound like a sales pitch. Miky knew about Fleur's financial state and had nothing to gain from it. No ulterior motive - unless she wanted to have a doctor on hand. No. It was real. 

Fleur cried again but out of joy this time. She felt like she was standing on rock hard ground again. She felt like there was someone to stay by her side.

"I'm not that old." Fleur joked, rubbing her nose. She blinked a few times and looked deep into Miky's blue eyes. Enchanting. Like a welcoming sea. "Are you sure you want this? You know I'm not really that much fun." She joked again but didn't fear the answer this time. She knew how Miky felt and it meant everything. It wiped away all fear, all doubt. There was no danger great enough to scare Fleur off. "But I'll never let you go. I want to feel like this... Always." She kissed Miky's cheek and sighed with relief. "Thanks for not leaving me. I... I need you, Miky."

It didn't matter how young Miky was or how immature she behaved. None of the little things mattered to Fleur now. Miky mattered and Fleur felt comfortable. Comfortable knowing that the little things didn't matter to Miky either.

@Mr_DC

Miky smiled with Fleur looking in her eyes like she did. She pressed her own forehead against Fleur's and laughed a bit suddenly relieved as if a giant weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She let out a long and caressed the side of Fleur's face. She was okay... just laying here with Fleur, encompassed by her warmth and the confidence in her new relationship.

"I'm very sure I want you Fleur, every day... I love this feeling as much as you do, I'm glad to be by your side. We're partners now... in every sense of the word."

Her mind began wandering from topic to topic. Where to go, where to live, what to do first. As time went on Miky's mind started filling with darker and darker thoughts edging the brink of her anxiety again. She had thoughts no one else would be able to understand or reason with. The thoughts began nagging at her mind... uncertainty of the future, fear of the worst... she had felt this way before and cut the feelings short... these were feelings she knew and gladly accepted. She'd take them and make something of it.

As her mind was about to wander she sat up abruptly almost causing hers and Fleur's heads to collide. Her breath sharply inhaled.

"FLEUR! WE START OUR NEW JOB TODAY!"

@HarleyQuip

Fleur chuckled. A strange chuckle she never heard come out of her before but she enjoyed it and had a feeling she'd hear it more and more. "Thanks, Miky." Fleur smiled, sighing with joy. As unexpected as it was, she finally had someone. She already made her peace with the fact that she'll spend her life alone. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe she had kids in another life. In France.

Things have changed now. She wasn't alone and, if it wasn't just optimism, she will never be alone.

Fleur yelped in surprise when Miky jolted up. "Oh!" She smiled. "Yeah." The job. She would be an Alternate Medical paramedic but not for AM. She would be a medic in the field, helping wounded soldiers, saving lives. A job she could be proud of. She wouldn't be digging through dead people unless she screwed up - and she won't.

"Yeah..." She frowned. Miky might not be as excited, though. That or she didn't know what the job meant.

"Are you fine with the job?" She scratched the back of her head. "I know I dragged you into this without asking you but it would be well-paid. And I can make sure you don't get in any danger." She shrugged, watching Miky for any tell. "It's cool if you wanna back out of it. It's just that we probably won't see each other much if you do. I wanted to see you." She gave an encouraging smile with her eyebrows arched high. "You think you can do this?"

@Mr_DC 

"Does Miky think she can do this?"

She laughed a bit not at Fleur or anyone in particular but at the thought of turning the opportunity down.

"Yeah... I got nothin' better to do. I'm sure my clients will miss  me but... eh... fuck em'"

She smiled at Fleur again. Her only friend and now... her only partner. Miky would surely test the boundaries of dimension if it meant keeping her safe. She pulled Fleur into her chest and laid back down.

Miky laid there with Fleur for what seemed like forever, her thoughts overwhelming her senses as usual. She started getting sort of anxious and eventually tapped Fleur's arm.

"Hey... doesn't seem like you're gonna have to work today... I've got a few things to do if you want to tag along?"

@HarleyQuip
Fleur couldn't shake the smile off her face. She felt happy for the first time in a while. She felt alive. "Well, I guess you can still do your thing. People like a girl in uniform." She winked and then laughed, sitting up.
"I would go with you but I need to deal with my new job situation." She shrugged. Alternate Medical wasn't the kind of corporation which would kill off their employees but they won't be exactly happy with this. "I also need to pick up some things from the morgue and pack my stuff." She had another pair of spare clothes in the morgue - just in case. Bodies had their funny moments which weren't exactly funny for Fleur.

Then she paused. If they weren't moving to some barracks, should Fleur move in with Miky? Miky had a big enough apartment and paying two rents - no matter how small Fleur's was - wouldn't be exactly smart. Not to mention that Fleur wouldn't have an issue sleeping on the floor after spending most of her life in a coffin. 
But what about Miky? Maybe she wanted some privacy. Maybe she didn't want such a big change so soon. It was too early to think about that. One step at a time. First, quit her job at the morgue. 

Fleur frowned at her jeans which laid discarded by the bathroom door. The keys to her bike were in her coveralls. She would have to make a stop by her coffin. "You'll be fine going alone?" She switched back into her nurturing mode. At least now she didn't see herself as a mother but as a caring partner. 

"Eh... it's not really work related... but now that I'm with you I have quite a few things I need to take care of... most of which take a couple hours a day for a month or so..."

Miky got off the bed, naked as could be. She walked over to her jacket and kneeled down pulling her phone out.

[12:32pm]

"Ah... okay"

She looked back at Fleur and smiled

"If you don't mind too much, I should be fine."

she fumbled around the room grabbing some fresh clothes out of the closet before getting dressed and pocketing her phone, and skateboard. She went to the bathroom and retrieved the holster from the shower head. She stopped for a moment her heart was beating relatively fast again remembering what had happened the night before. She nervously smiled. She unholstered the .45 and tucked it into the inside pocket of her jacket, safety on, one in the chamber.

She made her way back into the bedroom and gave Fleur one last smile before she planned to head out.

"Yeah, I'll be a couple hours but don't hesitate to call or text me, alright?"

She decided a smile wasn't very compassionate and went over to Fleur kissing her forehead and tucking the lose hair behind her ear. With her index finger gently pressed against underneath Fleur's jaw she tilted her head up and looked into her partners eyes.

"I love you, I'm serious though... call or text if anything happens..."

With that she took off and headed towards the city.

@Mr_DC (plz tag Nevix in your next post)

@HarleyQuip

Fleur giggled like a child when Miky kissed her. It's like the girl's very presence added energy her life was long lacking. "Don't worry." Fleur smiled. "You just be careful." She said, standing up. What did she mean by that... Fleur frowned at the door when her partner - girlfriend - left. Quite a few things to take care of. She let out a short hm and started getting dressed. Not the time to ask questions. Not yet. Best enjoy at least a day without being too suspicious of her. Getting dressed and heading to the door, Fleur giggled again at nothing in particular. She enjoyed the feeling. It was awesome.

@Nevix

"Ugh..." She frowned when she spotted Declan. Him again. She sighed and then realized the situation. He was standing in front of her coffin. He might be a criminal. Maybe he wanted revenge. Maybe he wanted to paint it red. Her hand instinctively slapped her lower back. To her dismay, her small handgun wasn't there. Probably left it in the morgue. He's not that dangerous... Right?

"Hey." Fleur said, walking up. "Listen, sorry about that kick, I know I shouldn't have done it." She raised her hands. She wasn't exactly afraid but still she kept herself at a safe distance.

"Listen, I can give you half of the money from that guy." She decided not to say Gideon's name. Just in case. Best be cautious. "You more than earned it." She hoped to turn it into a mugging rather than a murder. A business deal at best. "Hell, if you want, I'll..." She paused, her eyes landing on the bag in his lap. "What's that?" She frowned. A bomb? Why would anyone bring a bomb to The Palace? The place was already falling apart. Just give it a few years. "Is that a bomb?" She voiced her thoughts, not really filtering them out.

"Listen, I can give you half of the money from that guy." She decided not to say Gideon's name. Just in case. Best be cautious. "You more than earned it." She hoped to turn it into a mugging rather than a murder. A business deal at best. "Hell, if you want, I'll..." She paused, her eyes? landing on the bag in his lap. "What's that?" She frowned. A bomb? Why would anyone bring a bomb to The Palace? The place was already falling apart. Just give it a few years. "Is that a bomb?" She voiced her thoughts, not really filtering them out.

(sorry just making sure I'm understanding :P ) @Mr_DC

@HarleyQuip

(Hahaha, at first I was surprised as to why you were pointing out those two words but I quickly realized when I read my post. What will be my excuse this time... I was rushing?)

"A bomb?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Christ on a bike, friend, who do you think I am?" He stood, with a grunt, lifting up the bag. A genuine smile came to his face. "No, you were totally right to kick me. I was- am an ass. I need a kick, sometimes. Keeps me present." He really didn't need to be kicked, in his mind. Anyone else, he would have accepted the apology and move on. Odd that he reacted differently here. He supposed that it may have been a fluke. Not everyone's behavior could be expected to follow the same pattern all the time, right? There were always deviations. There had to be. 

"Listen, you work with Knot, right? Gideon Knot, head of Bulwark? He gave you a job last night, if I remember correct. Granted, there's a chance that I'm not remembering correctly." He cleared his throat. "Anyway, that's not important. Well, it is, but there's something more important. Well, not really, because this next thing is only important if yo-" He stopped, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

Why the hell can't I speak correctly?

It must have been because he was scared. After all, giving this information to Fleur might mean that Sharkface would be after him. That was certainly a frightening thought. Yes, that was it.

"Ah, sorry. Anyway, I was recently contacted for a job. This lady was the one who, er, 'hired' me. Real piece of work. Freaky metal teeth, kinda looks like a shark. Anyways, she's definitely from a Corp. They wanted me to break into this Ronin Facility, hack some shit, presumably so they could break in. Only issue is that the whole operation seems pretty damn shady to me. Not even normal Corporation-shady, but, like, really shady. What I need from you is to take me to your boss, Mr. Knot, so that I can show him this. You'll get a promotion, or a raise, or a pat on the back, or a fatherly gaze or something, and I get to feel like a hero for a bit." He cleared his throat again. "Your boss seems like an honest guy. Seems to me that he could do something good with this information." He held the bag out to her. "What do you say?" 

(Think it's set to automatic text and background, now. Let me know if it isn't.)

@Mr_DC

@Nevix @HarleyQuip

Fleur watched the man talk with her hands crossed on her chest. His mouth was going faster than his brain was. Ding. A message on her phone. While Declan was fighting with himself to say what he wanted to say, Fleur quickly checked her phone and tried not to giggle at the message. Throwing a quick look at Declan to see if he's still talking, Fleur typed out a reply.

Sure, I'm at my coffin. That guy I kicked from last night is here. Can't wait to see you ;)

Fleur wasn't an emoticon person but she had to send one. Didn't want to seem angry or too official. She was in a relationship after all. "Something is too shady for you?" Fleur cocked a doubtful eyebrow. "Show me what's in the bag. I'm not taking you to Knot without seeing what's in the bag with my own two eyes." She frowned at the bag like it just insulted her family. "Just being cautious." She added. While having a way to contact Gideon, she wasn't exactly sure where the man was. Accepting to help Declan might end up a bit more difficult than just a point in the right direction.

(Yep, you did. Thanks.)

@Mr_DC @Nevix

It seemed like just moments after Fleur had texted Miky that she arrived at The Palace. She fluidly slid off her skateboard which made a metal against metal sliding sound, as it folded into a pocket sized bar that Miky then stuffed into her pocket. She looked the building up and down, people were around, talking, smoking, complaining... it was a normal evening. This made Miky happy, she made her way into the building giving a heads up as if to say "sup" to the male receptionist at the front desk. He waved and smiled in her direction and she continued to the elevators.

Again pressing the elevator button and watching the LED flicker inside the button. She stepped inside and made her way up. A thought popped into her head

[I really need to get some headphones or earbuds for music...]

As the elevator doors opened to Fleur's floor she stepped out into the hall and turned seeing both Fleur and Declan standing next to Fleur's coffin talking. Miky yawned wide as she made her way over to them.

"AY! What's the 411?"

She said openly and loudly to the two of them as she approached. Once she was at Fleur's side Miky stripped off her jacket causing a breath of cool air to run across her skin and she sighed in relief. She put one hand on her hip and the other slung her jacket over her shoulder and draped it behind her, revealing the X-Harness, AK-47, .45, and extra magazines both extended and quick release. She leaned over and kissed Fleur's head before turning to eyeball Declan.

"Hiya baby!"

She meant the remark towards Fleur but said it in Declan's direction.

"You're the guy Fleur kicked in the knee the other night, huh?"

Miky said this as if it were a couple of weeks ago but didn't seem to be concerned with the details.

"So... whatchya doin' here?"

Miky was still chewing gum at this point and intentionally chewed with her mouth open. Her eyes closing a bit making her look a bit like a pissed off cat.

After a few moments of awkward silence Miky got bored and pulled out her phone from the jacket's pocket and began swiping through it. She found a couple of contacts in her phone and began texting them.

[Oi! Remember me? I need a favor. That place? I need to know how to get in, is there a password?]

@Mr_DC @Nevix
BING

Her phone notified her of the text and she quickly jotted down another quick text to Jimmy.

[Alright, Meet at the dancer later tonight. I'll text you when I'm on my way.]

She clicked the power button on her phone causing the screen to go dark before sliding it back in the jacket pocket. She crossed her arms and returned her gaze to Declan

Users who are viewing this thread