• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings the padded room // a choose your own adventure story

you pull out your keys and try them all in the first door, one of them eventually working. you pick open the door, but are met with another way of padding.

you cut it open with your pocket knife, and see a woman sitting in the corner, facing the wall, her back hunched.

she didn't seem to notice you opening the door, or cutting open the padding. you wonder if talking to her will be a good idea or not.

soon enough, she answers that question for you, saying; "they... they gave me... t-too many pills..." she says, in a quiet, erie voice.

what would you like to do?

1. ask her what she is talking about
2. ask her where you are
3. comfort her
4. don't say anything, lock the door and run

"what do you mean?" you say to her, stepping a bit closer.

"they're... they're trying to hurt me... " she said, still staring at the wall. "the pills... I can't breathe when I have them... and I think the most awful thoughts... I think about bad things happening... horrible things..."

you know what pills she's talking about. you pull one from your pocket, and hold it up.

"these?" you say, hoping for her to look at what you have.

She turns around and looks at the pill, gasping and moving back to the corner of the room, suddenly hyperventilating.

"no... get it way... n-no more... NO MORE!" she screams at you, tears filling her eyes.

1. put it away and apologize
2. leave the room
3. make her eat it

you quickly put the pill back in your pocket, seeing what this did to her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." you say, trying to comfort her.

her breathing slows down a bit, and she stares at the ground in front of her.

"you should be going... they'll be here with the pills soon."

1. accept her advice and leave to room
2. stay with her

you now at her and leave the room, shutting and locking the door behind you, just in case.

what room would you like to see next?

1. room 2
2. room 3
3. room 4
4. room 5
5. keep going down the hallway

following common sense, you go to the second door and try unlocking it with the keys, opening it, and cut open the padding.

you see a very skinny man sitting on the bed in his room. he looks surprised when you walk in the door.

"...you aren't one of the staff... who are you? n-never mind... please... do you have any food?"

1. give him the cookies you have
2. lie to him about the cookies

you search around in your pockets for the cookies, and when you find them, you give them to the man.

his eyes light up when he sees them, and takes them gladly. he started to open them, a smile on his face. he sighed.

"thank you so much..." said the man, eating some of the cookies.

"are you trying to escape? " he said around a mouthful of cookie.

you not at him, and he frowned. "bad idea. I tried to escape a while ago. they don't let me eat that much of anything anymore and... look what they did to me..."

putting the cookies down, he lifted up his shirt and revealed 3 gunshot wounds, all untreated and surrounded by dried blood.

"if I were you, I wouldn't do it."

1. leave him
2. ask him where you are
3. say nothing

"No idea," he says, eating more of the cookies. "It's sort of an asylum-type thing, but they always just take you out of your room and do crazy tests on you. I don't know why I'm here, they just run all the tests they want on me."

1. leave him
2. continue to talk to him (you choose what you say to him)
3. say nothing

2. Are they trying to find out something about us or a disease or what?

he looks down for a few seconds, most likely thinking.

"I don't know. One day I was happy and at home, then they took me here. I talked to some of the people around here when I was trying to escape, but they didn't know anything about it either."

1. leave him
2. talk to him (you choose what you say)

You stand up, looking at him. "I think I'm gonna keep going." You say, stepping towards the door .

"You're making a mistake." He says, looking at the floor. "That's my final word."
You walk out, shutting the door and locking it behind you.

1. room 3
2. room 4
3. room 5
4. keep going down the hallway

You unlock the door and cut open the padding, just like the other rooms. But unlike the others, this one doesn't have anyone in it.

There are the same things that were in your room in here; a tray, a bed, and a computer.

What would you like to do?

1. Examine the tray
2. Examine the bed
3. Try to use the computer
4. Leave

You walk over to the bed to see if there's anything inside.

There aren't any holes in the mattress like yours, but something else catches your eye from in between the mattress and the bed frame.

You lift up the mattress from the frame, and find a book.

Would you like to take it?

1. Take it
2. Leave it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back