• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Pact Wars - Demons, Magic and Fighting~ Anime Style

Yennie

I'm bored
The Pact Wars
The Pact Wars are a once in a lifetime chance for a chosen few to fight for the chance to have their biggest wish come true.
Every 60 years, the demon king Raziel opens the gates of hell and releases demons. Not to terrorize humans but to form a pact with those deemed worthy by Raziel himself. Then the great game begins. Once pacted, these human and demon pairs must then be the last one standing in order to receive the grand prize - one wish of their choosing. This means blood will be shed, lives will be torn apart and dreams shattered. All for Raziel's entertainment of course. But should you be the lucky one to survive the chaos anything you wish for will come true. Absolutely anything.
So what do you say, will you make a pact?

So the basis of this roleplay is that there will be human and demon partnerships fighting to be the last ones standing. To be considered as a participant in the Pact War a human must have an active pact with a demon. While this means characters can be killed, it also means that there are other ways to eliminate a person from the war. Such as forcing them to dissolve their pact with a demon or forming a new pact with that demon to override their original one.
There are advantages to having multiple pacts as the more demons you control the stronger you become. However there is such a thing called Corruption. It is a sickness that affects all who form pacts with demons. The higher tier a demon is, the stronger the Corruption. The sickness almost always results in death but some have been known to fall prey to fates worse than death....
There are four tiers of demons - 1 being the strongest andnot4 the weakest. If you choose to play a demon their power level can be from tiers 2-4. Tier 1 demons will be introduced later as part of some.of the events Raziel throws into the wars to keep things fresh and interesting.

Speaking of these events, from time to time Raziel will organize events intended to gather participants. The events will vary but will always have a prize according to the difficulty. The prizes will range from tier 1-2 demons to artifacts used to either strengthen a demon or a pact, items to reduce the effects of Corruption or Master Command spells. Master Command spells are used by the human to give their pacted demon an order they cannot refuse. Each tier has a number of spells that matches their tier. So tier 4 demons have 4 spells while tier 1 demons only have 1. Humans can get more of these spells by winning in one of Raziel's events, being gifted one from another participant or killing another participant and taking their spells.

There may be some magical elements such as human alchemists or magic users etc. Demons will be allowed to have up to 3 abilities that fit within their power tier. Demons can have humanoid appearances or they can be beasts, it's up to you. But no demon may pass for human unless that is one of their specified abilities. Some demons may fight for their, some may prefer to possess their partners bodies and empower them and some may prefer to support their partner with their abilities - again it's up to you how your demon works.

The location of this years Pact Wars is modern day Los Angeles, California. A huge bustling metropolis full of all different sorts of people, all with a wish they desperately want to come true.

Note: I'll be adding to this info as things come up as I'm sure I haven't quite explained everything yet.

Now onto rules and whatnot
  • Ability to post at least a paragraph every 2 or so days. I aim for this to be a fast paced roleplay so if you can only post one or two times a week this isn't for you.
  • You may have up to 2 characters, preferably one human and one demon. You cannot be your own partner at the start of the roleplay though any demons your character might win from an event will be NPC controlled by you.
  • We'll use anime pictures since I find they work best for this sort of fantasy setting.
  • This roleplay will have a lot of combat. We'll use dice roles to decide if an attack hits.
  • Your character can die. I haven't decided if I want to use dice roles to determine this yet but we'll figure it out
  • Looking for people that are just as active in ooc as they are in character since I find roleplays tend to go better when people are actively participating in planning and things
  • The usual stuff - follow RPN rules, no godmodding etc. You know the drill
  • I will only accept a few characters in the 16-22 age range. The location is a huge city so not everyone will be a teen/young adult. I want to see some variety!

giphy.gif

If someone felt more inclined to playing a side-character that watches the carnage and / or twists the competition for the sake of their own desires, would they be allowed to do so?

I'd like to play one demon and one human if you're still open to characters.
Oh okay
Do Demons have categories like Servants?
Like Mephistopheles being a Caster?
I also like this Idea, but maybe it's more like a tag? Like mephistopheles is a tier 2 caster, Raziel is a tier 1 king, etc.

I'm at that phase where I'm hunting for RPs, so I'm in! I'll play a demon or a human, but preferably demon. And hopefully this will go at a decent pace :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back