• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

K.O.D

No lights please
What happened?
2410B59D-8A02-4EF8-899A-9D8A8B67B1AB.jpeg
People always thought that mankind would destroy itself with its own technology, but few saw it coming in the way it happened. Most foresaw atomic bombs or some kind of evil A.I. Going all terminator on everyone. Who would’ve thought that it wouldn’t be the technological aspects of the world that would destroy us but rather the occult. A group of incredibly wealthy and influential individuals gathered themselves together and among them was a man who found some ancient tablet carved into stone not from earth and thought to be a relic of some long extinct species as the stone itself was dated at 114 billion making it older than the earth itself. They studied it and found that the materials it was made of are not even on the periodic table of elements and eventually a cult grew around it. They did rituals and made prayers to the stone and eventually something seemed to happen as otherworldly energy began to emanate from the stone. Eventually a pair of twin siblings joined the organization and they build some kind of machine that could gather the energy from this tablet and harnessing it they began to become capable of incredibly things like rearranging atoms, Eavesdropping on a persons thoughts, and even commanding time Itself. This group became the masters of the world, the movers in the shadows who would govern the world. Yet all empires crumble eventually, even those built of otherworldly powers.

See the Darkest part of this cult was the fact that a sacrifice was needed to generate the otherworldly power from the tablet, a sacrifice of blood, specifically of the innocent variety. As such the members of this organization were dedicated enough to give their own childrens lives to the tablet. However there was a woman named Claire who had second thoughts about the organization, and after she and her husband had their first born and her child was taken from her and put in the chamber with the other children, yet this mother had changed her mind and though her husband was not willing to do anything about it, she found that his crazy cousin Earl was certainly ready. She reached out to him and earl quickly responded with a plan just crazy enough to work. The ex marine stole a armored Truck, crashed through the wall of the fancy building and literally stepped out guns a blazing. Members of this strange cult used crazy eldritch magic to fight against him but by the time they mustered enough people to respond the crazy cousin had already set the house ablaze with a wide array of Molotov’s and disappeared into the chaos.

Earl fought his way into the holding cell where his Cousin in law was being held and she lead him to the furnace room where the children were being held and being prepped to be burnt to ashes for the sake of fueling the Tablets otherworldly power. He and his cousin in law fled with the children in tote and the last thing he did on his way out was lob his only grenade at the machine which held the tablet much to the shock and dismay of his cousin in law. The move was a terrible mistake as the grenade exploded and ruptured the eldritch energy collection device letting loose enough energy to trigger an earthquake across multiple states, level the entire house, vaporize the majority of the cult members, and do some serious damage to the fabric of reality itself. Claire managed to survive along with all of the children, initially thinking that to be a Miracle she managed to find the one working vehicle on the property and fled to Earls home where she told his wife of what had happened and the two women would go on to care for the seven children they had saved from certain death.
~~~
What Comes Next?
FCAEA3BB-758C-4F9A-B797-5EE2246C2756.jpeg
Fifteen years have passed since that tragic day and the events were pretty well covered up by the government who showed up to the ranch the two women had a few weeks later to investigate and inform earls wife of his body being identified there. The two women hid the children beforehand and the authorities were none the wiser. The children were raised by the two women and eventually their husbands as each would remarry. They homeschooled the kids due to their “uniqueness” which was a nice way of saying they were odd...the process prior to being sacrificed requires a lot of rituals like one that is supposed to make your own life force a lot more like the tablets eldritch energy allowing for the persons life force To be absorbed by the tablet. However it also made the seven children’s life forces similar enough to the eldritch energy that they unintentionally sucked in a lot of the oncoming power, which is probably why the world didn’t explode, and definitely is why Claire survived. The Absorbed Eldritch energy changed the children on a subatomic level and in ways no one fully understands as of yet. The children now seem to generate massive amounts of this eldritch energy, and with it strange superpowers. Claire and Earls Widow Maria both tried their best to help the kids harness and master these abilities but the one who was the best at teaching them was Vincent, Earls old war buddy and Maria’s new husband.

Unfortunately the little family on the farm is not as safe as they initially thought. The Cult was not wiped out entirely and unbeknownst to the family on the ranch they have begun to recollect the shards of the broken tablet which were scattered across the universe by portals upon the tablets destruction. The new leader of this cult seems to be bringing some new knowledge to the table as well seeing as he is able to find these shards regardless of where they may be. Unfortunately he is not the only threat either, the tablets destruction poked dozens or even possibly hundreds of holes in reality, these holes have allowed numerous creatures and beings who do not belong in our world through. To make matters worse this new cult Seems to have no concern for discretion and are bringing the worlds attention to the existence of the otherworldly in order to force the world to submit to them. It isn’t until one of the Cattle on the ranch are turned into a writhing mass of tentacles and tries to consume one of the kids that another one manages to use their eldritch powers to destroy the cow and basically let Claire and Maria know that somehow someway these kids will be what saves the world from this madness...the question is do the kids know this and even if they do...can they measure up?
EEEDF92E-9E3F-4F29-80A4-E5289E1725F6.png
~~~
(Hello you guys, this story is a small group series that will revolve around Seven adopted siblings who were all saved from death in a cult as infants, and infused with enough eldritch energy that each one could potentially level a Country if their power was converted into pure tnt. There will be Six slots open, with the seventh one being occupied by myself. I will allow almost any kind of power but there are a few conditions. A). you must be able to fight your characters power, none of that reality warping, instant win, nothing anyone can do about it bullcrap. B). No abilities that let you control another character wether they are a player,box, or monster. Controlling others is not only kinda lame, it’s also very rude. C.) While our characters are powerful we are not superheroes or demigods or anything. I don’t want to see people making city wiping individuals.

in short be creative with your powers sure, just try to keep it in the large building to low city block levels of destructive potential and don’t take control over anything that isn’t you.)​

Last edited:
Oooooooooh! I am absolutely interested in this RP ^D^

Oooooooooh! I am absolutely interested in this RP ^D^
I would hope so with your name and thumbnail. Glad to hear it, I noticed a distinct lack of tentacles and psychic madness so I figured I’d add that to RPN’s list.

I would hope so with your name and thumbnail. Glad to hear it, I noticed a distinct lack of tentacles and psychic madness so I figured I’d add that to RPN’s list.

You have no idea how many times I see an RP use some sort of "abyss" as a plot point and I have to resist butting in like, "YOU CALLED?!"

Superpowers, eldritch creatures, tragic backstories and characters on the run—there's a lot to love ^33^

You have no idea how many times I see an RP use some sort of "abyss" as a plot point and I have to resist butting in like, "YOU CALLED?!"

Superpowers, eldritch creatures, tragic backstories and characters on the run—there's a lot to love ^33^
That actually brings up a point I missed covering.

Maria, Claire, Vincent, and Roger (Claire’s husband.) are all playable and will be NPC’s until/if they are filled.

I knew you would pique this little owl's interest one way or another, Definitely include me in the roster!!
cute-bird-cutie-barn-owl-by-anna-novoselova.jpg

I've got an idea for some kind of shadow-y darkness revolving power. Like the kinda thing you'd probably see in your nightmares.

I've got an idea for some kind of shadow-y darkness revolving power. Like the kinda thing you'd probably see in your nightmares.
So long as it is not broken and things can fight you it works. Just try and make sure it’s something that can be effective against things that aren’t human and don’t have human minds without being something that makes every foe a non threat.

Announcement

I will be opening roles for a total of Four different positions.

Claires Crew-
The seven children saved by the actions of Claire, each possesses remarkable power...but it is that very power that has them in the worlds crosshairs.

The Agency-
A hidden agency of badass spies that has operated in opposition of the Cults of the tablet for nearly twenty three hundred years.

The Cults of the tablet-
a long list of cults dedicated to the tablet with the most recent being the cult called The Voidwalkers. Though they are far from the only one.

The Weirds-
Beings from other worlds who may or may not be allied with any of the other factions. They are drawn here by the seven children’s remarkable eldritch energy.​

Announcement

I will be opening roles for a total of Four different positions.

Claires Crew-
The seven children saved by the actions of Claire, each possesses remarkable power...but it is that very power that has them in the worlds crosshairs.

The Agency-
A hidden agency of badass spies that has operated in opposition of the Cults of the tablet for nearly twenty three hundred years.

The Cults of the tablet-
a long list of cults dedicated to the tablet with the most recent being the cult called The Voidwalkers. Though they are far from the only one.

The Weirds-
Beings from other worlds who may or may not be allied with any of the other factions. They are drawn here by the seven children’s remarkable eldritch energy.​
Put me down for one of the kids. I'm thinking of some kind of body horror ability.

I'm thinking of bringing a Cyromanica into the mixture here. Fun fact : The Mona Lisa lacks eyebrows.
144668446.VJ2QQEVE.jpg

Ok I think I am ready to make the cs. I now have enough laughing owls to confidently progress.

Also kinda important to note.

only one of the seven kids is Claire’s actual blood relative. They would basically be restricted to age 15-16 years due to plot restrictions.

they will have a particularly special role.

in addition one of the Children will be the child of the cult leader with the potential to be up to 18yrs old,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back