• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Other Side OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
We needed to take him to the emergency vet last night, but most of them within 30 miles had a 5 hr wait time. There was a really nice nurse who walked me through some stuff though. We took him to the vet early this morning, and they were able to stabilize him.

We needed to take him to the emergency vet last night, but most of them within 30 miles had a 5 hr wait time. There was a really nice nurse who walked me through some stuff though. We took him to the vet early this morning, and they were able to stabilize him.
That's so good to hear. Good news is nice, for once.

On a personal note, my mom lost her battle on Dec 31. The injustice of it really just gets me. She fought lung cancer twice and won. She had the top right lobe of her lung removed and recovered beautifully. She had COPD but was doing very well with it. We got through the past 3 years of Covid without her getting sick (or me), because it would have killed her, only for her to be felled by what started out as a chest cold she picked up from someone who didn't have the decency to stay home while they were sick.

Ugh, sorry. That got a bit ranty.

I'm glad he's been stabilized! I'm routing for him!

On a personal note, my mom lost her battle on Dec 31. The injustice of it really just gets me. She fought lung cancer twice and won. She had the top right lobe of her lung removed and recovered beautifully. She had COPD but was doing very well with it. We got through the past 3 years of Covid without her getting sick (or me), because it would have killed her, only for her to be felled by what started out as a chest cold she picked up from someone who didn't have the decency to stay home while they were sick.

Oh man I'm so sorry! If you need a break from the roleplay or anything let us know!

I’m so sorry to hear this.

My condolences. I am so sorry to hear this, your mom sounds really brave.

I’m so sorry about your mom!

Not trying to brush over losing a loved one but I thought this was real silly and wanted to show you guys.
I was looking up fox types and this species doesn't even look real.
tibetan fox.jpg
They're called Tibetan foxes and they be lookin' like a realistic cartoon.
tibetan fox 2.jpg
It's just somethin' about the face. You could tell me it was photoshopped and I'd ahundo precent would believe you.
tibetan fox 3.jpg
The fur even looks fake. Mother nature really said, 'make a fox but make it look like Sylvester irl'.

Ha ha...that fox is judging everyone and everything and finding it lacking.

Not trying to brush over losing a loved one but I thought this was real silly and wanted to show you guys.
I was looking up fox types and this species doesn't even look real.
View attachment 1057377
They're called Tibetan foxes and they be lookin' like a realistic cartoon.
View attachment 1057379
It's just somethin' about the face. You could tell me it was photoshopped and I'd ahundo precent would believe you.
View attachment 1057381
The fur even looks fake. Mother nature really said, 'make a fox but make it look like Sylvester irl'.
such a chubby little face!

I hope everyone is doing alright! I feel like I haven't been on in forever, I'm so sorry!

I just have one question about the room Wren and Marshall are walking into and what exactly she's about to see. I'm not sure I was here for the part of the attack, but I'm assuming the mauled guards are in the room they're about to walk into? And as for her vision, what would she see? Who attacked them?

Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Apologies, I held you up. My mum has been having medical issues that may take months...

She won't be seeing the bodies directly in the room as they're in the morgue. The room is a holding area, sometimes for relatives or meetings. Its still very clinically furnished, with a central table. The weapons, armour, clothes and items that the soldiers wore or carried is on the table, laid out neatly.

TaperedNightjar TaperedNightjar Need your advice on what she is allowed to know.

The frigid night air stung his lungs as he inhaled sharply. Catching his breath was a challenge after the wind had been knocked out of him. Never before had the young hawkling been in such a cold climate. This was something he and his companion had been warned of, and yet no verbal warning could have truly prepared Shikari for just how intense the cold truly was. The only barrier between his feet and the icy snow was a thin pair of hand-stitched leather boots. Shikari paid no mind to the wet snow that was biting his feet. The pain on his face was too distracting to allow it.

Blood colored the snow beneath him as he held his cheek with one hand and braced himself against the closest tree with the other. The sky had grown dark an hour ago and the temperature had dropped considerably. Shikari’s companion had briefly vanished from sight. Laying in the snow about forty feet in front of the Hawkling was a human clad in the robes and armor of Mirim’s military. The pair had seen many guards on their way into and through the forest. They had made it quite far before anyone noticed them. In fact, it wasn’t even a guard who had caught wind of Shikari, but a pack of dogs. The beasts were nowhere to be seen now. They had targeted him and done their job to subdue the shy and quiet Otherfolk, as well as place a sizable wound on his face. However, as soon as his companion had shown himself and given them a good toss against a cluster of trees they had raced off with their tails tucked between their legs, leaving their humans to fend for themselves.

That had not gone well for the humans. One was lying dead in the snow in front of Shikari. He had been the lucky one, his death was quick. The other? Well, Shikari couldn’t see him because he’d been dragged up into a tree.

“Come on now,” he thought to himself as his golden eyes watched the treetops.

Shikari could not see Vyrik and he would not be able to no matter how hard he tried. Unlike his companion he was unable to see in the dark and the moon was not providing enough light in this particularly thick part of Garwood Forest. In addition, Vyrik was donning a body of black feathers because he had gone beast mode on the humans.

Shikari took in another sharp breath as he tried to breathe through the searing pain on his face. He moved his hand and looked at it closely. So much blood. He could only guess that he was wearing it all down the front of himself. The boy let out a huff and then peered back up toward the treetops.

The small one had departed and as soon as he was out of sight the beast released the dead guard from it’s beak and let the body fall to the ground. There was barely a sound as the body hit the deep snow beneath the tree. The amber eyes of the Moonwing looked half glazed-over. It could still see a vast distance in front of itself, but the look in its eyes showed exhaustion and a general lack of health.

Arrrrroooooooooo.

The sound of hounds was getting closer and the Moonwing knew that it had to leave. It leaped onto the closest tree and then continued onward, but in the opposite direction of its friend. It continued its race across the trees for some time until it eventually slowed. Each leap took more and more energy and effort, but it had to keep going. Just one more leap, and then another. Talons grasped onto the next branch weakly, then sank into the bark as it felt itself losing its grip. The bird plummeted to the ground like a sack of bricks, only cushioned by the thick blanket of snow beneath it. Bleeding and exhausted it laid their in the freezing snow with its eyes barely open. It would rest here for just a moment, and then continue onward once it felt its energy returning.

Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Apologies, I held you up. My mum has been having medical issues that may take months...

She won't be seeing the bodies directly in the room as they're in the morgue. The room is a holding area, sometimes for relatives or meetings. Its still very clinically furnished, with a central table. The weapons, armour, clothes and items that the soldiers wore or carried is on the table, laid out neatly.

TaperedNightjar TaperedNightjar Need your advice on what she is allowed to know.
Anything mentioned is fine. As well as the guard’s instigating. So seeing V and/or Shikari in their people forms is fine. Although they’d be bundled up and their faces hard to see. So maybe just their yellow eyes, since it was dark. Oh, and since V can see in the dark his eyes probably reflect a little if there’s light on them. They were just walking and minding their own business. V was already injured by other events, so he’d probably have been a little sluggish walking.

Last edited:

Oh gosh please don’t apologize for holding me up lovely… I am so sorry to hear that, I truly hope she gets well and that your family is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back