• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Eudora Withersbury

With: just her
attire: outfit

Countess Eudora Withersbury was bored. Intensely so. It wasn’t like she didn’t enjoy this company, she mused, dropping yet another lump of sugar into her lukewarm tea. The topic was just bothersome. Eudora had been invited to a casual brunch by the women’s association of cultural interest, a club favored in circles of the lower nobility. One of the many societies and charities popular among wives of the wealthy and well-bred, the invitation had been too weighty to ignore. Eudora wasn’t on the best terms with some of her business partners spouses.
Soothing ruffled feathers by showing she cared about irrelevant initiatives may prove important. Besides that, the charity event was located in one of the many drawing rooms of the royal castle. Since she had met the Queen earlier, it would have been impossible to explain why she couldn’t make an appearance here. She couldn’t help feeling a certain bitterness, reminded of a long-past time when not a single women’s association had been willing to send an invite.

The hostess, a middle-aged Lady of lower rank, had engaged the party in rigorous debate about Werewolf legislation and was quite obviously failing to control a rambunctious bunch of young students. Poor Dear. She had hosted this Brunch, expecting to talk about her incessant pain of a Husband, a historian focused on 5th century vampirism. Instead, her frumpy tea party was descending into intellectual chaos. It was frightening to watch.

“But dear lady, you must admit that Werewolves cannot entirely control their transformations.” William, a spirited but sadly clueless boy inquired. Eudora sipped her tea, flinching slightly at the absurdly sweet concoction she had created, and delicately placed the mug back on its saucer. “Of course not. Werewolves, by nature, tend to be unable to control the wild and powerful curse in their soul. Especially during the full moon.” The boy smirked and Eudora could sense him filled to the brink with smug energy.
“But you have twisted this fact into the wrong conclusion.” She continued, her forceful manner of speech giving the impression of a governess scolding her child.

“Precisely this unregulated, ferocious curse can be of great advantage. A werewolf operates on instinct. His other form isn’t separated from his humanoid soul. A creature with the intellect of a man, the instinct of a beast and his willpower strengthened by a curse! I cannot imagine a better soldier.” Eudora knew that she had to be careful with her approach of this topic, especially in this company. Perhaps the military angle would persuade the boy to reconsider some of his bigoted assumptions of werewolves. By the gods, she had listened to his ramblings for long enough.

William gasped in mock-surprise “You are not seriously proposing that we are putting our security in the very hands of the creatures causing us harm? Wouldn’t that be slightly ridiculous, Countess Witherbury?” No, it wouldn’t be. Because Otherfolk was not something they needed to be protected from. Foolish boy. But saying that would be social suicide, so Eudora took the time to carefully adjust her napkin.
“Yes, werewolves are a threat. But their potential could strengthen the imperial army considerably. Just imagine how quickly their speed and instincts could catch spies and intruders. There have been methods to control a werewolf’s curse. And I am sure most werewolves still have better control over their impulses than you have over your drinking habits, Lord Trussby.” She quipped, smiling as William reddened considerably and the table exploded into another round of heated conversation.

Deciding that this was the moment for a grand escape, the countess excused herself under the pretense of needing some fresh air. Eudora left the stuffy drawing room as quickly as socially acceptable and happily entered the gloomy castle hallway. For a moment she just exhaled in relief as the heavy oak doors muffled the sounds of lively chatter. Really, she considered herself extroverted, but there was only a certain amount of time one could spend with obnoxious scholars in one room. And their table manners! Scandalous! Intent on getting a bit of work done, she started making her way to the main exit of the castle.

Last edited:
Junpei
Interactions: Eiyuu-Ou

The spirit raises his tea. "A toast... to many sleepless nights." He deadpans.
Then clicks their cups together enough to cause some of it to slosh over the rim then brings it down to take another sip from it. He sets it down and looks up at the guardian.
"So, what do scaley-boys do in their free time, other than massacre thousands of people with floods? I do not think my body count should raise higher than two." His lips twist into a sharp smirk, his eyes bend in a way that made him look like an Edo period painting. Junpei at times honestly did look like a painting, if someone stared long enough his movements felt too much like ink strokes on animation paper. Maybe it was because he actually was a spirit, long since dead, most foxes only lived three years in the wild after all. Even the details on the sleeves of his haori felt like they moved in a weird way, like someone redrawing them over and over and never getting them quite perfect.

Shepherd
With: Shikari, his parents (Oan & Mae), Connie, Baldric.

“Oh, I’ll see to those, Dear.” Mae said, taking the damp clothes away from Shikari. She took them back to the fireplace, where she hung everything up on a line to dry.

“Well, it looks like he’s leaving-” There was a scraping sound on the earthen floor as Shepherd pulled out a chair and sat at the dining table. “-and taking Wendy with him.”

“I’m sure he’ll bring her back.” Mae reassured, though if she were facing her son, he’d see she also looked worried. “Your Da knows what he’s doing. Better an old mule than you and Shikari.”

_______

Oan followed Balric and the wagon to the road, just to make sure the guard didn’t need any help, though it looked like he knew what he was doing.

He squinted at the silhouetted figures in the distance when Baldric glanced their way. “… the rest of your company I take it?”

Eiyuu-Ou
Interactions: Junpei

947d72552144ed2f67693ae19d36bb84.jpg
"Well on the bright side you'll have plenty of time to meditate if you don't sleep." Technically not wrong. "For me? I garden mostly. And think. Or meditate. Meditation seems to be quite popular among both said 'scaley-boys' and monks. Other dragons might roam the seas, or play in the rivers." Eiyuu didn't seem to care much for the playing part. "As fun as splashing around the waters, lording over all that swims sounds, I'd rather stick to my plants. They tend to bite a lot less." The dragon seemed curious, noting the odd factors of Junpei's appearance.
"My body count has never actually risen above one, thank the earth. I hardly think there is any single traveller that could have ended me in my shrine, much less one that could have wanted to. Perks of seclusion." Eiyuu's own transformation was...flawed. That was the closest word. It was more like a crow pretending to be a raven, perfectly fitting in at first but slowly gathering an odd feeling of not-thereness the more the charade wore on. When they moved, their grace was near liquid, not human as if they were slithering to get where they needed to be. Some of their limbs even would occasionally move differently, as if with reversed elbows and knees that they only caught on at the last moment, realizing they were not(in fact!) in dragon form. "If you don't mind me asking....you resemble a spirit. Something that walks in between the veil of worlds. How strange..." In their defense, Eiyuu was known for being blunt.

Jaw Breakcore Jaw Breakcore

Junpei

Junpei adjust himself in the cushion and clears his throat. "Well, for you see I am very much decease. Fox spirits or 'kitsune' as we are more widely known as originally start out as foxes. But foxes' life spans are quite short. Even I have lived out my litter of siblings and my very own mother."
He closes his eyes, remembering all that time ago when he first began to walk, rough housing and pulling his brother's ear. A smile curls his face as he opens them.
"In rarity, when a fox turns fifty, they will die and be reborn as a kitsune." He waves his clawed fingers through the air; a mist of yellows and oranges wisp in his movements as he rotates his wrist.
"Gain a tail for every one hundred years, it symbolizes wisdom and power. We gain sorcery through each tail, but they differ from each person." He dips the tip of his finger into his tea, the color suddenly darkening to black.
"When we are reborn, we are capable of transformations. To blend with the humans, the folk lore believes it is so we can trick them much easier. All foxes menaces by nature." Junpei slowly drops his hands into his lap, starring out the window.
"...But some are just pups who went into the world too soon."
He can see himself in that snow, his first transformation frightening him but made him feel like he was floating. His round face starring into the ice of the lake and reaching fruits in trees in spring. Then he sees him, watches his arms dip around his neck, a smile to his face as messes with a hair sticking up on younger Junpei's head with his sharp claws....
Junpei quickly glances away, his face pinching as he drags those memories back into the darkest corner of his mind. He clears his throat.
"And you know if we reach eight hundred we become a nine tailed fox."
He points at his tea. "Do not drink that, it's poisoned."

Eiyuu-Ou

947d72552144ed2f67693ae19d36bb84.jpg
"On the bright side I appear to have poison immunity." Eiyuu states mildly, offering another teacup of (preferably) not poisoned tea. "To think you would have started life as a fox...it offers an unique insight upon the world. And to measure your magecraft through your tails...it's a far more efficient way of measuring age instead of counting your scales I suppose. The dragon kings of the legends are rumored to be capable of shapeshifting to animal forms, even human forms. But well, you see...."
Eiyuu shrugs their wings. "My transformation is imperfect, more out of my own lack of practice than anything. Yours seems much more...refined." Yes, that was the word, the one they had been searching for. "You seem to be a little in distress."
Setting aside their own tea, the dragon watches Junpei through their inscrutable eyes, as reptilian as ever, yet still filled with the concern so unfitting one of cold blood. "Is something the matter? I apologize if anything I have said has offended you."

Jaw Breakcore Jaw Breakcore

Junpei

A short smile pulls his lips. "Of course not, my scaley friend! Just a bit tired is all." He quickly stands to his feet before leaping into the air, his kimono peels into sheets and falls into a pile in front of the guardian like strips of a mountain of papier mache. Then he peeks his round fox face from the cluster, his body slowly twisting itself into a reality. He stands on his hind legs, he takes a step forward then another. Then he waddles around his cushion, both his tails swaying.
"One of my favorite tricks to play on humans. The walking fox."

R050pPf.jpg

I am here: Castle Hallways
With: Eudora

Stefan felt defeated as he watched Princess Oksana rush away without another word to him. Ugh, today really was just the worst day. It was just so unfair! What had he really done wrong? The guards were rude, even the Queen agreed! Maybe he shouldn't have directed some of his anger towards Princess Aurora, but well, she wasn't exactly keeping her guards in check, was she? Stefan kicked at the ground, running his fingers through his long, blond hair. There was nothing left to do at the castle, was there? He had tested the Queen's patience enough for one day. He should just leave, maybe go cause some ruckus at a tavern somewhere. Yeah, that sounded like fun. Who cared if it was early in the morning?

Stefan began making his way through the halls back towards the entrance. That was when he came across a familiar form, hurrying away from one of the castle salons. Countess Withersbury. Stefan's face broke into a grin. Countess Withersbury was a wonderfully sharped witted woman. Trading barbs with her was sure to bring Stefan's spirits up. "My dear Countess Withersbury! Chased out of the castle already?" Stefan called out towards her, his tone playful with the slight hint of a darker edge to it. "I'm certain the plebeians in the salon just couldn't understand your wisdom, could they?" Stefan had no idea what kind of meeting was going on in the salon, but he did know that the countess was highly opinionated, and when others didn't live up to her expectations, it exasperated her. It was fun watching her go toe to toe with Prince Emory. The Prince always tried so hard to be polite, but Stefan would watch the vein in his forehead bulge and become larger as the conversation continued.

((ooc: Sorry it's a bit short!))
((outfit))
((I don't Care))

Eiyuu-Ou

"That sounds like an useful trick!" The dragon's laugh was like the tolling of bells, mirthful and surprisingly loud for such a mild creature. "Tired? Well, I suppose you have been through quite an ordeal. I would suggest you get some rest first, the bed is over there. Most of the time I personally prefer to curl up near water sources. Lying down feels...strange to me. I'll admit, I have not gotten used to many forms of human civilization. Additionally, there's always the horse to consider. I will have to go return the poor thing sooner or later."
Timing wasn't exactly of a concern, but to put it off would be bad grace indeed.

( Jaw Breakcore Jaw Breakcore )

Junpei

"Thank you for the tea, lizard with wings." He bends at the waist, which very much broke the bone structure of his body and must have looked like he just broke out his spine. "But I have my own bed."
He waddles to the far corner of the room then leaps into the air, his body explodes in ribbons of flesh and muscle then falls neatly into the shape of a pillow. It flops onto the floor in front of the other.
"Mm, comfy." His disembody voice muffles.

Eiyuu-Ou
Interactions: Junpei, possibly anyone guarding the walls with extremely good perception

"Enjoy your rest, fox spirit." The shrine guardian sounded amused as they gave a bow and quietly headed out, intent on returning the horse. They most likely wouldn't have to jump the walls with their wings this time, but who was there to stop them? Patience may be a virtue, and Eiyuu did indeed have all the time in the world, but the poor horse was already out there long enough. They did not have to keep it waiting any longer.
Kneeling down, feeling the grass against their scales and the wind whistling across their fully grown antlers, the dragon once more takes to the shadows in their hastened flight.
With luck, and agility, they would not be noticed.

Taavi Jokela
  • With: Dr. Lykeios, Lapis and Stoney, two guards and their horses, Wendy the mule.
  • General status: Fine.
Lapis moved into a lope and within a few short moments they were closing the gap. Taavi squinted as his horse drew to a stop next to the tree. Lapis’ ears went flat and he stomped his hooves while tossing his head. The horse wasn’t a fan of being stationary, his adrenaline was pumping too hard for that.

“You! What are you doing up there?” The Captain questioned Nevan.

For a moment he wondered if the man had climbed the tree in fear of the beast in the forest. If that were the case why would he have been in the forest in the first place? Stoney continued to bay up at the tree. He stood on his hind legs and peeled at the bark with his claws.

Meanwhile, Baldric followed Oan’s gaze. He could see the Captain’s horse, as well as that of the other guard. Something had stopped the group near a cluster of trees. “Hm, it looks as though they are waiting for me.” Bladric looked to Oan again and gave him a nod, “I will have Miss Wendy back to you soon. Likely in the morning. It would not be wise for her to come out here in this cold again tonight after a trek to the castle. I will make sure she is fed and blanketed. My Captain will be thankful for your service.” Baldric sure hoped he could make good on his words. Baldric then urged both Wendy and his own horse onward. He was anxious to get back to the castle. The sooner they got the bodies to Lykios’ morgue the sooner he could go home and temporarily drink all of these new memories away.

It felt like forever had passed by the time Baldric made it to the group that was huddled around the tree. His eyes narrowed as he caught sight of Nevan. Oh lord, what now? He just wanted to go home!

Gazimon X Gazimon X Genii Genii toriable2016 toriable2016

Shikari Khavan
  • With: Shepherd, Mae, Connie.
  • Wearing: [x]
  • General status: Injured but patched up.
Shikari was now in just his long pants. Those were cold and damp too, but he wasn't about to take those off! He drew his wings in close to his body and took in a deep breath. Shepherd's home certainly was warmer than the barn and his bed looked so inviting. He was ready to lay down and curl up for some good sleep. Shikari couldn't help but take another curious look around first. He quietly stepped along the floor in his bare feet and then peered around the corner and into the kitchen.

"He gone?" He questioned Shepherd and Mae about the guard. He just needed to check one more time before going to sleep and letting his guard down! Shikari then spotted Connie and the faint hint of a smile came to his face as he reached out and gently tousled her soft ears.

Genii Genii

57310062_XAN8H9gNsynKANz.png
Vyrik Tal’Ho
Artwork by JaskArt
  • With: Veronica and Boris (NPC)
  • Wearing: [x] and Veronica's cloak.
  • General status: Injured, ill, malnourished, generally unwell.
Veronica's teasing went over his head again. It could be that he was distracted while trying to translate all the words she was saying. Or perhaps he simply wasn't processing them out of pure exhaustion. His tired eyes just stared at her. When she spoke up about Boris the burley bartender raised a brow at her and then a smirk came to his face. Vyrik didn't like the look of it and his nose scrunched up a smidge. "I can wash and bandage them myself," he informed the two of them.

"Boy! So help me! You don't have to be so stubborn. You're like a mule and it's gonna land ya' in a nursing bed. Ya' don't want that, now do ya'?" Boris' words were stern but he wasn't being mean. Sometimes the folks he helped needed some tough love. "Or would ya' rather be in the ground?" He asked as he raised a brow at the bird.

Vyrik stared at him in silence for a moment. There was a faint look of surprise on his own face. "No, I can clean and dress my own wounds." That was perhaps the most the man had said to the two of them so far.

Boris clearly knew he wasn't going to get anywhere with Vyrik. The injured man was simply too stubborn. He let out a sigh and then stood from his seat. "Ok. Fine, have it your way then. I will get ya' some warm water and sterile supplies. Mrs Bathory, could ya' please show him to one of the rooms upstairs and help him settle in for the night. I will be right up."

tityanya tityanya

Ellarial Silvia Miredli
Interactions: Open
Mood: Calm & Slightly Annoyed

Two auburn-colored ears flicked up as sapphire blue orbs opened. A gapping yawn showed two sharp canines as Ellariel awoke from her sleep. Stretching her arms up, a soft meow escaped her lips before she stood up from her bed. She sighed as she made sure the curtains of her tiny home were closed. The nekojin hummed softly as she headed for her bathroom, staring at her reflection for a hot second before turning to her accessories piled on her counter. Another day of hiding what she was. She gently took out the contacts she had and placed them in, blinking rapidly to get the contacts in place. When she looked up, silver orbs met her reflection - perfectly human-like instead of cat-like. Now for the hard part, getting her ears to stay down. The auburn appendages flicked back and laid flat against her head, allowing the girl to put a headband on to disguise them. Her long tail swished from side to side in an agitated manner before she sighed and left the bathroom, entering her room once more to find clothes for the day.

Picking out her outfit, she found herself eyeing her leggings and one of her more fitted shirts. She had to run errands for the day, so being able to move easily would be useful. She gently wrapped her tail around her waist before putting on the dark navy-colored leggings. The shirt she had chosen was a form-fitting top with short sleeves embroidered with golden floral patterns on a background of emerald green. She gently made sure all of her cat-like features were properly hidden before exiting the house. Making her way down the road towards the wall, needing to head towards Florien for the day. The veterinarian gave gentle nods to those she passed, smiling softly at kids who waved at her before she approached the castle wall.

𝐸𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾

I am here: Stables
With: Hector and Oksana

There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more...⇙

Emory explained who the dear Mr. Barlow was, causing Princess Oksana to snicker at his joke about Mr. Barlow being a better crown prince. "Absolutely. I've never seen a man as devoted to work as he. I would certainly be lost without him." Mr. Barlow had done as much of Emory's work as possible when he had shut himself up in his room. Princess Oksana expressed thankfulness that Mr. Barlow didn't scold him, and that people gave him a hard time. Emory was a little surprised and touched at her words. She was no doubt thinking about Stefan from earlier. Well, their relationship hadn't always been hard. And Emory was quite used to the pressure that he was placed under. Well, he had been. No doubt the pressure was why he cracked so hard when...ah, he shouldn't think about it. He didn't want to drag the group's mood down.

Emory grinned as he realized his joke landed with Darius. The man guffawed, the sound of his booming voice echoing off the castle corridors. He informed Emory that while he wouldn't eat him and the princess, he might eat his own arm. "Sounds like that might be a touch more work. Far easier to just rip off my arm, instead," Emory mused in response. Princess Oksana, despite his earlier worries, also laughed a little. He pulled his hand away from his collar, just as the princess noticed and asked him if he was alright. "I was worried that my joke might have offended you, but I see now that I was wrong," Emory told her honestly.

The subject switched to how they were going to get to the restaurant. Darius informed Emory that there wasn't a carriage large or sturdy enough for him, and Emory nodded understandingly. The man was an absolute giant. How large would a carriage have to be in order to carry him around? Emory fantasized about a giant carriage for a moment, before snorting at Darius' words about a carriage saying "I'm rich, important, and unapproachable." "I'll have to agree with you on that one, Darius. I hate drawing the fanfare the royal carriage brings. It feels like a target on the back of my head," Emory said. The further away he traveled from the castle, the less likely he was to be noticed. Most of the commonfolk only knew him from a distance, a dark haired man that deeply resembled his father. But without the King next to him, he was just...a dark haired man. Taller than average, for certain, but no different than any other nobleman, at the very least.

Darius continued with his concerns, saying that he was certain to draw enough attention to them. Emory nodded, not feeling the need to argue. Darius knew what he was, and Emory wasn't going to argue otherwise. He frowned a little at the comment about one of his boots costing as much as a person made in a week. That wasn't Darius' fault. Wasn't necessarily anyone's fault, really. But Emory didn't like thinking of himself as fundamentally different from his people. Being reminded of the wealth gap between him and them put cracks in that perception. "Well, if someone feels the need to rob my horse blind, they no doubt needed the money. I could always buy more tack. So long as they don't steal my horse, I'll be fine. I'm fond of the old fellow," Emory responded. Oak was a strong, sturdy and well-mannered horse. And he had come in a pair with Acacia, Alicia's horse. He would be absolutely devastated if something had happened to the horse.

Darius suggested that they ride to the restaurant, saying that Princess Oksana had wanted to go riding earlier. Emory snorted at Darius saying that he would shit himself at the size of the horse Darius had. They drew gasps from the passing maids in the hallway, and Emory rolled his eyes in concert with Darius. Darius "apologized" for his language, causing the guards at the door to lose their composure. Emory smiled a bit. He liked seeing people comfortable around him, even if it wasn't his actions that had caused the guards to relax for a moment. Darius clapped one of the men on the shoulder, some unspoken conversation having occurred between them.

After they passed the guards, Princess Oksana spoke up, saying that she would rather take the carriage. Well, that wasn't too surprising to Emory. Riding a horse would mean more exposure to the elements. He wouldn't want to have to save the princess from hypothermia twice in one day. Emory laughed as she repeated Dairus' words, saying that they should walk the remaining block towards the restaurant. "I don't have any objections to this plan. Is it alright with you, Darius? Emory asked as they reached the doors of the stables. Emory held open the door, the warmth from inside the stable spilling out into the cold, snowy day. "I can't wait to see this horse of yours, Darius. If it doesn't make me shit myself, I'll be highly disappointed," Emory laughed. There wasn't much of a chance of someone who would be offended by cursing to be out here at the stable. Most people waited inside the castle for their horses or carriage to be ready, having sent a servant to the stables to notify them of departure. But Emory much preferred to visit the stables himself. The smell of horse and hay was quite calming, and the castle stables were excellent about cleanliness, so other smells weren't too much of a problem. From somewhere deep in the stable, he could hear a horse whiney at the sound of his voice.

((ooc: One day I'll learn how to spell the word restraunt))
((outfit))
((pictures of you))

Shepherd
With: Shikari, Oan & Mae, Connie.

Shepherd opened his mouth to answer Shikari, when the kitchen door swung open and interrupted him. A snow dusted Oan took a moment to bash the slush off his boots before stepping inside.

“The guard is gone. I doubt he’ll back… not until the morning anyway.” The farmer explained as he made a beeline to the fireplace to thaw out his frozen fingers.

“You’re soaked. Why didn’t you put a coat on?” Mae scolded the man as she threw a woollen blanket over his shoulders.

“I hope he takes good care of Wendy...” Shepherd couldn’t help but worry about the old mule. She was well into her forties and could be a little stubborn at times.

“I’m sure she’ll be fine. Makes no sense worrying about it now. Come on boys… bed.” Mae seemed to address everyone in the room with her last statement.

She (fondly) shooed their winged guest back to Shepherd’s box-room, chatting about breakfast and cleaning clothes as they went. Connie followed and hopped up on to the end of Shikari’s bed once he’d been tucked in.

“Goodnight Sweetheart.” Mae said to the Hawkling before she finally left him alone to rest.

After some friendly murmurs in the kitchen, it wasn’t long before the house went quiet. The fireplace popped occasionally, and a sheep may have baaed outside, but otherwise the snow covered farmhouse was peaceful and cosy.

Last edited:
Marshall Lykeios
Edge of Garwood | Taavi, guards, hounds & 2 bodies | Resigned

“However, the more instinctual the beast, the easier it is to corner it. Come now, as much as we would prefer to have no casualties, you cannot deny that an intelligent killer is harder to pursue.” Marshall muttered against the curve of Taavi’s shoulder when the horse tossed aside and he nearly slipped off if not for clawing at the captain’s garb like a deranged cat…. Because the two floating bodies almost went flying into the trees and jerked about in the air like possessed witchcraft; jinking right and left as if a haphazard puppeteer with little skill had taken control of unseen strings.

“Aaaayy!” The doctor gasped, sweat beading on his brow despite the cold as he struggled to regain his concentration. It felt disgusting. Every segment, every squishy limp appendage and slimy organ, he could feel it in his mind as if he was touching the both of them simultaneously with rather discomforting intimacy. “Please control your horse!” He nearly begged.

When Lapis finally stilled at the base of the tree, Marshall took the opportunity to dismount. With a heartfelt hope that he wouldn’t be kicked as he did so, he was greatly relieved when Lapis didn’t exact revenge for all noble equine-kind by branding him with a hoof-shaped bruise. Once his two feet landed on solid ground, he made sure he was a good distance from Lapis. The weary man lifted his hands and directed the two vaguely human-shaped bundles, which floated eerily over to the cart and settled down. Releasing his grip on the deceased, a wispy sigh left his parted lips as the weight and all its accompanying sensations lifted from him.

As for the boy, surely this was not the creature they hunted? He looked so cold and miserable. Perhaps he should let Taavi sort the street urchin. He didn’t have time to be tangling with such tedium. It was predictable; winter always brought unfortunates into the morgues, where with no kin or family to claim they were given the simplest of pyres.

“Jokela, I suggest you loan me a horse and assign one of your men to lead the cart. I can ride on ahead and prepare the ice and my materials.” Cold as winter was, the morgue reserved for otherfolk was sometimes still too warm and the tables needed some chilling.

William Phillip / Vardi Hill

William had just left his library to go on a walk. It wasn't snowing too hard, so it was a pretty good time to go outside to have a walk outside of the library every once in a while. He wanted to visit Vardi Hill, since there was a ton to see there, and he could probably find some inspiration for his own personal story collection, or just to look around the beautiful paintings and listen to the music being played in Vardi Hill.

He arrived at Vardi Hill, seeing the tons of paintings and the sound of music being played there. He kept walking, seeing the wonderful art in Vardi Hill. It was like a breath of fresh air in this part of the city, as he finally got outside of his library after so long, with little to no breaks, especially due to the winter season. If he were being honest, He should've bought a house in Vardi Hill instead of Rosin Corner, though it was fine, since Rosin Corner was just beside Vardi Hill.

oJNQENN.jpg

𝖁𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖎𝖗𝖊

I am here: The Drunken Crow
With: Vyrik, Boris

"What beautiful music the children of the night make" ☽

Veronica expected her joke to not land. But that didn't get rid of any of the disappointment she felt when Wren stared blankly towards her. Well, at least she thought it was funny. And who's opinion was more important than hers? Wren continued with his obstinate nature, saying that he could wash and bandage his wounds by himself. "Well, if you insist. But there's nothing wrong with taking help when it's offered," Veronica snapped back. Her desire to argue with the man was...low. If he wanted to be silly and refuse their help, that was on him.

Boris, however, was in the mood to argue. Veronica nodded in agreement to his words. The silly boy was going to get himself horribly sick if he insisted on doing everything himself. Her eyebrows raised when Boris asked if Wren would rather be in his grave. Veronica gave the barkeep a look, but kept quiet. Wren, despite Veronica and Boris' best efforts, remained solid on his stance of dressing his own wounds. Boris admitted defeat, saying that he would go get supplies for him, and asking Veronica to take Wren to a room upstairs. Veronica nodded, downing the last of her ginger tea and jumping off the couch. All an act as Mrs. Bathory. The tea scalded her throat, and jumping off a couch the way she did was not the behavior of a proper lady.

Veronica extended her hand towards Mr. Grumpy, trying hard to keep her face neutral. "Let's get you settled upstairs, Wren. I think a good night's sleep will melt some of your ice." It was a subtle dig, one that Veronica trusted he wouldn't understand after not understanding her other jokes. But she did sincerely hope that some sleep would soften the man up. She couldn't really blame him for not being a bundle of joy after nearly getting mauled to death by dogs and freezing to death in the forest. Once he got up from the couch, Veronica slung his arm around her shoulder. Getting him up the stairs was going to be...an adventure

((ooc: ))
((Dress))
((Mediate))

wC4Rvtf.jpg
Wkbwm0F.jpg
kRT08Xx.jpg

1669765662736.png
Vyrik Tal’Ho
Artwork by JaskArt
  • With: Veronica and Boris (NPC)
  • Wearing: [x] and Veronica's cloak.
  • General status: Injured, ill, malnourished, generally unwell.
"It is already melting," Vyrik replied to Veronica about the ice. He went silent as the two of them approached the stairs. The poor man couldn't keep his eyes from twitching at the sight. Oh boy. Walking was painful enough already, but stairs?

Vyrik took in a sharp breath as he pulled himself together. This would still be a cake walk to him, even if it was tedious and painful. He had been through far worse things. He made his way up each creaky step, one at a time, all whilst carefully using Veronica for support. "We have steps like this back home, but carved from the mountains." Vyrik had not been chatty at all, and he still wasn't feeling up to small talk. Even so, he knew he owed her at least some conversation.

The stairs were painful but it didn't take the duo long at all to get to the top of them. At the far end of the room was a window with the curtains drawn tight. Beneath it was a heavy oak desk with a lit oil lamp placed in the center. To the right was a bed with a wool blanket. There was a rug in the center of the room and a closet on the opposite wall to the bed. The room was quite small, but it was cozy and it served it's purpose. The rooms at the Drunken Crow were not meant for long stays. Folks who got too drunk to walk home would often crash in them. It was also a popular stop for those who worked on the trading ships that frequented the docks. Most important of all, the rooms also served as safe temporary quarters for Otherfolk. Vyrik studied the bed carefully for a moment and then pulled his arm from Veronica. He had never slept in a regular bed before. Even when he and Shikari had been traveling he had not settled down at the inns they stopped at. This was far different than what he was used to. Regardless, it did look quite comfortable.

Vyrik slid Veronica's cloak off and held it out to her. "Thank you for letting me borrow this." His clothing was soaked from the snow but he planned on hanging them up to dry once he was alone. "I hope y-" his words were cut off by the sound of the door being pushed open again.

"Ok, here ya' go. Bandages, salves, thread and needle, hot water, cloths, some spare clothes... the works." Boris said as he marched into the room. Steam wafted from the ceramic pitcher in his hand. There was a canvas bag looped around fingers, filled to the brim with medical supplies. In the other hand was a wash basin. A selection of casual clothes were draped over his shoulder. "Ya' can keep any of the clothes ya' like. Ya' need to fit in 'round here or there will be trouble. Perhaps maybe take some shears to that wild mane of yours." He suggested as he nodded to Vyrik.

The Moonwing's eyes narrowed at the comment but he gave Boris a nod. "Thank you for the items. I can repay you."

The burly bartender shook his head. "Not tonight ya' wont. Ya' need to hold onto whatever currency ya' have. Consider this a donation from a concerned citizen. Ya' can maybe just repay the favor someday. Maybe to someone else who ya find in the shoe's you're wearing tonight."

Vyrik looked down at his shoes. They were soaked.

Oksana

Oksana smiled gently as Emory insisted that Mr. Barlow would do a much better job than himself. She watched as thoughts swirled around inside of his head. Oksana could tell that there was some kind of thought in Emory's mind that he saw better blocked. "Well rest assured, my prince. I can count all the good men I know on one hand." She raised her hand, showing two fingers, signifying Hector and Emory. Oksana then added a third. "I suppose I shall add Mr. Barlow to that list." She lowered her hand when Emory admitted he was worried to offend her. She was not. However, she was indeed taken aback by his consideration, despite his title and standing. Oksana had always known men of high importance to be ridiculously oblivious to the thoughts and feelings of others.

"Oh no! No offense taken. I found it quite entertaining. We could ride or we could take the carriage, whichever you prefer Emory. I cant quite decide if I am being honest." She replied embarassed, she wasn't exactly sure what she wanted. Oksana prefered looking less important. It made her feel a little more safe. Due to her past, almost everything felt like she was walking into a trap or some kind of danger. Oksana was pleased that everyone agreed. Oksana had to admit she was a little worried to go riding. She would hate if something were to happen to Oak. It seemed that Emory saw him as a treasure. She'd never forgive herself if something were to happen to him on the outing that she requested. Plus, she didn't have a horse of her own.

Originally, before, she was going to ask the stable master if there was a horse she could borrow. But now that the event was drawing near, she became concerned that she would overstep by doing so.

( OOC : I am so sorry if my post doesn't make any sense. I am exhausted and not having a very good time recently and my brain is in shambles.)

oWuWEOhiuygrUPMEDS3O--1--6j8yy.jpg

Hector Darius
With: Emory and Oksana

Hector listened to Emory and Oksana talk about transport and cocked his head to one side when they both paused, still undecided. He'd starve to death if he let them figure it out on their own with their constant back and forth of "it's up to you" and "whatever you prefer".

"If you're looking for someone to make a difinitive choice, allow me." he cut in. "We ride. Princess, we can saddle up one of the horses your father loaned us for your carriage. I'll saddle up Bear and ride him. Prince Emory will ride his horse. We'll be hard to miss, still, but we'll be more likely to be seen as 2 wealthy people with a fuckin' big guard, rather than 2 royals with a fuckin' big, very hungry, getting grumpy, so I'm sorry for my snark, guard."

He took a breath, smiling gently at the smell of clean straw, horses, feed, and hard work. This stable was kept clean to prevent offending the senses of the humans here, but people like Hector genuinely didn't mind smelling the grit. There was a lot to be found there, ranging from the health of the animal, to the quaility of their diet and more.

Sighing softly, he strode to stall and opened the door, "Hey, Bear." He said softly, reaching up to rub the cheek of a massive, grey horse. Bear (a name picked by his fellow guardsmen and not him), stared at him with large, intelligent eyes and nickered softly, butting his nose against Hector's chest in greeting. He stood almost 18 hands high. Not quite close enough to say "screw it, it's 18 hands", but it was easier than saying "17 and 3/4 hands". Bear was the offspring of a Korillan draught horse and a HEP, giving him a draght horse on long, powerful legs, with a long, curving neck, the ability to carry an Ursine in armour, and a calm temperament. He knew the expense it had been to get a HEP and successfully breed it, and he was grateful every time he rode Bear.

"Well, here he is, Prince Emory." Hector announced with a smile. "This is Bear. I hope you're wearing your shitting pants."

He was acutely aware of the stablehands hovering axiously nearby and ignored them. He was perfectly capable of saddling his own horse.

Last edited:
R050pPf.jpg

I am here: Castle Hallways

Stefan felt defeated as he watched Princess Oksana rush away without another word to him. Ugh, today really was just the worst day. It was just so unfair! What had he really done wrong? The guards were rude, even the Queen agreed! Maybe he shouldn't have directed some of his anger towards Princess Aurora, but well, she wasn't exactly keeping her guards in check, was she? Stefan kicked at the ground, running his fingers through his long, blond hair. There was nothing left to do at the castle, was there? He had tested the Queen's patience enough for one day. He should just leave, maybe go cause some ruckus at a tavern somewhere. Yeah, that sounded like fun. Who cared if it was early in the morning?

Stefan began making his way through the halls back towards the entrance. That was when he came across a familiar form, hurrying away from one of the castle salons. Countess Withersbury. Stefan's face broke into a grin. Countess Withersbury was a wonderfully sharped witted woman. Trading barbs with her was sure to bring Stefan's spirits up. "My dear Countess Withersbury! Chased out of the castle already?" Stefan called out towards her, his tone playful with the slight hint of a darker edge to it. "I'm certain the plebeians in the salon just couldn't understand your wisdom, could they?" Stefan had no idea what kind of meeting was going on in the salon, but he did know that the countess was highly opinionated, and when others didn't live up to her expectations, it exasperated her. It was fun watching her go toe to toe with Prince Emory. The Prince always tried so hard to be polite, but Stefan would watch the vein in his forehead bulge and become larger as the conversation continued.

((ooc: Sorry it's a bit short!))
((outfit))
((I don't Care))

Eudora Withersbury
((ooc: Sorry, this is a little short and took wayyyy longer than expected. Exams kicked my behind.))

Eudora hurried down the corridor of the castle with her signature hawkish gait, startling very slightly as an unmistakably grating voice called out to her. Across from the entrance of the castles arched reception hall, stood Lord Stefan Belcomb in all his questionable glory.

“Oh, marvellous. As if I have not enjoyed enough royal thespianism today” The countess audibly murmured as she approached Stefan, smiling tightly. Eudora did not dislike the infamous Lord, even as he stood dressed in a rather ghastly black and grey frock. He was of reasonable intellect and in possession of good manners. Those skills could make for enjoyable and socially useful conversation. If he remembered to use either, that was.

One of the benefits of Stefan’s position that Eudora always admired, was his seeming irrelevance. There was no reasonable chance that the melodramatic scholar would ever become King, and everyone knew it. He could live, think, and speak however weirdly he desired, there was barely any uproar among the aristocracy nor common public. An eye roll or annoyed sigh, sure, but no one would clutch their pearls over his escapades. Not even his majesty the King seemed bothered enough to tell him what to think, which was a huge advantage. Past all his sarcastic poison, he was a great deal more open-minded than the majority of his family. Eudora appreciated that, especially since they both had lost some otherfolk allies in recent months.

While she was opposed to most of Stefan’s political opinions, at least he wasn’t as much of an unarticulated fool as the continuously blundering crown prince was. But the countess was more than aware of the recent difficulties Stefan had been causing, the Queen having told her all about them this very morning. In graphic detail. Long-winded graphic detail. Two hours of polite nods and staged gasps as the Queen ranted about the scholar’s behaviour had left the Countess of Witherbury in a strained mood. Part of her wondered what she had done to deserve such excruciating punishment. As far as she knew, the Queen couldn’t be aware that she assisted in a coup attempting to overthrow her husband’s government.

The countess had seriously considered to just confess everything right then and there, if only to shut her ever-talking Queenliness up for a minute or two. But Eudora could be an intensely patient woman, so she was now well informed about Stefans behaviour towards the people in his life, caused by her dear friends tragic demise. And she wasn’t particularly happy about it.

“Oh no, the morning tea was very inspiring, Lord Bellcomb. Every time I speak to scholars from our greatest universities, I am reminded of just how much political reform is still needed in academia. Especially regarding the difficulty of our entrance exams.” She replied, her voice dripping with amused annoyance. “I suppose you are off to a public engagement?” she inquired dryly, pulling her lavender scarf more tightly around her shoulders.

Last edited:

R050pPf.jpg

I am here: The Castle

Stefan's face broke into a gigantic smile as he saw Countess Withersbury's exasperated face upon her realization that it was him who was calling her. At the very least, he would get to annoy one person today. The hawkish woman mumbled, rather audibly, about how she thought she had suffered through enough pomp and circus for the day. Well, maybe not those exact words, but Stefan knew how to read in-between the lines. "Oh, and here I thought that you couldn't get enough of the play-acting," Stefan said back to her. They both had to make-believe in this new world King Jero had created. From Stefan's perspective, the countess was a master at playing pretend. Especially at pretending she cared what anyone thought about her. One of Stefan's favorite things about the countess was how she was as stubborn as a mule, and had subtle workaround ways of making sure exactly what she thought was said. It was a fabulous exercise of the brain for him.

The countess spoke louder now, he real intended words for him. An annoyed smirk came to his face as she spoke about how political reform was needed in the academies, especially the difficulty of the entrance exams. That was definitely a slight towards him. But part of the game was not letting her know that a remark stung. The first to show weakness was the loser, after all. "The academies are especially antiquated in their institution, for certain. Always beholden to whatever the ruling class thinks is right," Stefan lamented. "No doubt if the academies let in more people of your stellar mind and caliber, we could have their much-needed reform in under a week," Stefan said, his voice dripping in fake admiration. While he didn't disagree with the fact that the universities needed reform, he had an idea that his idea of reform and the countess' were very different.

Her next words made Stefan frown, but more at himself than at her. A public engagement, hmm? There was nothing at the moment. It was too early in the morning for a party to be happening, and there was no one who wanted to be around him at the minute. But he wasn't going to admit that to the countess, he would rather die first. "Yes, but it's a matter of choosing which one. I could go to the salon you escaped from, or perhaps I could go to tea with Lady Collburn. Maybe even I'll climb on the tables in the university and start shouting about revolution. Wouldn't that be a fun way to start the week? You could even join me, Countess," Stefan offered. He knew there was no way Countess Withersbury would accept that offer. She was all about subtlety, and there was nothing subtle about screaming in a public space.

((ooc: ))
((outfit))
((I don't Care))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back