• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

π–π–Šπ–—π–”π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ–† π•½π–”π–˜π–“π–”π–Žπ–—π–Š

I am here: The Drunken Crow
With: Boris, Vyrik
Form: Light

Veronica breathed a sigh of relief when Boris told her that the raids were over. It was so stressful and annoying having to suddenly uproot everything to go and hide where she couldn't be found. The Garwood had been her place of choice, but after what happened tonight...that wasn't going to happen. She heard of others that would hide in the sewers and in secret underground tunnels, but Veronica would sooner walk out in the sun than huddle in a sewer. She missed her previous life desperately. She had even been careful with killing, for a vampire. She wasn't the source of all the problems that the kingdom had been facing, but now she was being punished for it.

She listened to Boris' words about waiting until morning to retrieve a doctor, as it would be less risky. Well, in the morning she would also have to vanish. But that was something to worry about later. There were plenty of nice crypts in Mirim that weren't supervised that she could hole up in.

Veronica turned to Wren, asking him if he felt better. The tired, dark bags under his eyes told her that that wasn't the case. His face was flat and emotionless. Hiding pain, no doubt. Veronica was well versed enough with nobles and the upper class to recognize a mask when she saw one. And well, she couldn't blame him. She was also wearing a mask. A mask of a concerned, well-meaning woman who just coincidentally found a man in the woods. Everyone there would know that that was some kind of lie, of course. So she let his little lie slide.

No doctor. The words surprised Veronica a little, and she cocked her head towards Wren. She was about to chastise him a little bit, when Boris took the words right out of her mouth. He was injured! At the very least, he should let her and Boris clean the wounds before he got an infection. Wren responded like a spoiled child, shooting Boris an angry look before turning his nose up at both of them. It took a lot of Veronica's self control not to grab him by the face and force him to look like her. That wasn't the appropriate thing to do. That was the Veronica Lovelock way. That woman was dead, killed the very day King Jero had decided to kick longstanding citizens of Mirim out of the country for merely existing. Right now she was Ms. Bathory, and Ms. Bathory was a patient, well meaning woman. So she quelled her hand.

Wren attempted to look out the window, but the curtains were drawn tight, allowing no view outside. Or more importantly, inside. After stewing in his own emotions for a moment, he turned back towards Veronica and Boris, saying that he needed to rest before they called a doctor. There we go, that was progress! Maybe patience could work out in the end, sometimes. "That sounds fine, Wren. But before bed we should get you cleaned up and your wounds wrapped. I promise I won't make a fuss about it. We just don't want your wounds to get infected. Then you might need more than one doctor," Veronica said the last part in a teasing tone, waggling her fingers at him. None of her previous jokes had seemed to land with him, but that didn't mean she would stop trying. She was an entertainer at heart. "If you don't want me to help, then I suppose Mr. Boris can suffice. Although, between you and me, I hear that he can be a lot rougher with his bedside manner," The last sentence was said as a conspiratorial whisper towards Vyrik, although she didn't make it quiet enough that Boris couldn't hear it.

β‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Žβ‰Ž

((ooc: ))
((Outfit))
((Age appearance: Early thirties))

Baldric
With: Shep’s parents

β€œAye. I’ll be gentle.” Baldric said. He wanted to swear on it, but then he remembered just how low on the totem pole he was and knew he couldn’t promise that they wouldn’t goad her along with urgency. The least he could do was just account for his own actions, what was within his control. His heart sank a little when the greying mule came into sight.

β€œWendy aye? Sorry old lass.” He mumbled, looking her over and patting her heftily so that she would get used to his presence; and hopefully not act up in the presence of his commanders, or when the bodies did appear.

Animals knew. They just did. She might not understand entirely what was happening, but she’d know what she was tugging along behind her.

β€œThank ye kindly.” Baldric croaked once Oan was done attaching Wendy to the cart. He cleared his throat and scanned the treeline. Was that moving splotch the captain? He squinted, feeling his breath catch in his throat as his hand hovered near his weapon. Because if it wasn’t, whatever didn’t get to feast on his fallen comrades might be back to finish the job… Ah, no. He heaved out the breath he had been holding. Two men on horseback, with a bundled lump floating along behind like some strange balloon… that was definitely them.

Tugging on the mule’s halter, he led her around along the road and made sure to give enough berth to u-turn her in the right direction. Now all he had to do was wait for them to catch up with him… he couldn’t exactly take the cart into such uneven terrain and he was afraid of getting it mired by accident.

OKSANA
I Am Here: The Castle
With: Hector & Emory

Oksana remained quiet during the exchange between Emory and Simon, presenting a warm smile here and there. Simon seemed to be a gentleman, but Emory acted like he was expecting a different reaction out of him. "Your assistant?" Oksana asked with a smile on her face. She thought for a moment about what food she was going to eat. She didn't want anything too messy. She was well aware that messier food was the tastiest. Oksana was mainly worried that Emory was going to look down on her if she was anything other than proper.

After a moment of contemplation, Oksana concluded that she didn't really mind what anyone thought of her when it came to such trivial things. Quickly, she was reminded of her purpose in Mirim. Already, she despised it. On Oksana's way to Mirim, she was okay with her mission. Gather information. She had already started doing so. But during her attempts she got to know most of the castle.

They were just like everyone else. She hadn't seen anyone say or do anything against Otherfolk. Surely, if an individual hated Otherfolk that much, ONE OF THEM would have said something about Hector by now. It was certain to Oksana that she would have to have a LONG conversation with him later about all of this. She wasn't properly informed about the reasons and details of why she was on the mission. Perhaps Hector knew.

Eiyuu-Ou
Interactions: N/A
Open for interactions

1668527073127.png
It was refreshing, being back in the wild. Almost like being back at the temple. Wings twitched under robes that sank to the ground, and a dandelion seemed to be blooming nearby, growth sped up under pale-scaled hands.
Eiyuu cupped the flower with their trimmed claws, cradling it with an odd tenderness. They cradle the flower for a few more moments and then gently let it die, aged beyond recognition as the wind blew its petals to dust. All that lives must one day turn to ash. The forest was one of the only places they thought they could truly, the laws of the land were theirs to follow.
How long has it been? They don't really remember. Their concept of time was quite a bit different, rusty from years in seclusion. Anyways. It would be best to head back. Living in civilization meant you had to follow their rules.
Come to think of it, the civilized world was just another ecosystem, complete with its own threats and its own instabilities. Just more complex.
Eiyuu themself had no strong feelings either way for the King nor the royal family. They had not raised a hand against the dragon, and thus Eiyuu sought no need to hate them. Live and let live. Their whitish-gold tail rustled as Eiyuu shifted their cross-legged positions upon the dirt. The history...so much of it. They had been overly curious before, and it was only luck that had managed to save them that time. The lighting had shone just right and their antlers hadn't grown back since their last shed. Some rogue group had tried to overthrow the monarchy. They were punished. Eiyuu found it strange to care. Their hands, normally covered in gloves, were covered in burn-like marks where scales had been shed and not grown back. An odd feature given their regeneration, but they would rather lose their inherent armor than their head. Last time they checked, regenerating bones was one thing, but regenerating their head was something entirely different.
The Wanderer was gone. The rogue group was gone. And as far as Mirim was concerned, so was Otherfolk. At first Eiyuu had been skeptical, confused as to why they had to suddenly pretend to be human, it was just like what that dead monk centuries ago had said. They were a shrine guardian, not a warrior, and in the end they had just chosen to sigh and accept it with the same world-weariness they always had.
Tatsu yokais(the type of dragon they apparently were) preferred domains with water. Eiyuu themself preferred locations with water and sunlight. It made them feel warm. There were none nearby. That...annoyed them in a way very little things ever could. But the forest was nice. It would keep them sane for now.
They were not used to keeping their humanoid form for so long without even the slightest slipup. Yes, their humanoid form was so much more efficient than a huge serpentine dragon, but even then, never had they so forcibly limited themselves to a completely humanoid form.
Wings. A tail. Antlers. Scales. Reptilian, golden eyes. Claws, as carefully trimmed as they may be, were still claws. They couldn't shape their form into an entirely human form, but they could resemble one close enough to pass.
I will never understand humans. They slowly set down the remains of the dandelion, sitting crosslegged, unconsciously sprawling their tail behind them. Once more, plants spring to life in their sunlit hands, a delicate fragment of nature captured within their claws.

Last edited:
Junpei

Statues: Being a menace

When he approached the structure, the wind blazing through the snow, he notices that this wasn't just any abandoned old building. It a Guard's tower. Its area surrounded by thin sheets of metal gates just high enough he'd have to stand on the ball of his feet to peek over. Logically, he should have back away and tried finding another way through to get to Mirum... but what would be the fun in that?
So, he glides his way to the back gate entrance where a guard had been stationary. He had raised his weapon at the kitsune and demanded his name and his reasonings for being there. Oh, but Junpei could sense it, this man was a rookie, and it was his first day no less.
Was it low hanging fruit to bother the new guy? Yes.
Had he agreed to himself to not be a prankster towards others he didn't know? Yes.
But can you blame him when he sees a stallion tied to the gate and he just really would like that stallion. And normally he wouldn't go down this route, it was a little too cliche for his taste, but how can he resist when simply dropping his voice made the guard look like his face was splashed with red paint.
And could he have stopped at just flirting?
Yes...But he didn't.
Junpei grips the horse's reins and steps onto the pedal to lift himself onto the creatures back. He adjusts his seating before he faces the guard and raises his palm in a short wave.
"Thank you. I will have someone return him at my arrival." The guard gives a stiff nod, his helmet tilted to shadow his eyes. The dancing fire of the torch illuminates his flushed face. No excuse of the 'cold' could hide its purpose. The spirit's lips pull into a sharp smirk, and he flicks the reins, his body swaying to the horse's trot. He covers his mouth with his palms once out of ear reach, a high snicker in his throat. The stallion huffs, glaring at its new rider in the corner of its eye.
"Come now. Do not judge me, my tactics are effective, no?" He reaches down, petting its neck. It sighs through its nose.

Junpei halts the stallion with a pull, then sits there staring at the outstretch of the farm, he had stopped right at the front gates of whoever owned the land. He folds his arms on the horses' head and rest his jaw on them- then, a strike of pain erupts.
He grits his teeth and inhales a sharp breath through his nose. He sits back from his hunched position and dips his hand beneath his haori, when he draws it back his sharp nails are laced in blood. His face pinches as he cups his side. How did he not know he had been shot?
"S-shit." Is all he can breathe out before his vision swells with haze and his body folds into itself and slides off the creatures back. He lands on his arm with a thud, his fingers cradling the injury. The stallion shrieks and kicks its hooves high into the air. Junpei squints his eyes.
I guess he was not that much of rookie after all...

Last edited:
Eiyuu-Ou
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: Junpei

947d72552144ed2f67693ae19d36bb84.jpg
The guard nor the recent horse thef wasn't what had torn Eiyuu from their reverie. Their attention, in fact, was neither that concentraded and nor were they that particularly interested. It was the horse. As a guardian of nature, the speech of beasts was and will forever be their native tongue. Jolted so rudely out of meditation, the serene temple guardian twisted their head, blinking almost owlishly.
Hush, noble stallion. I will be on my way.
They weren't that far away, near that farm earlier? Was it a farm? Such words, such human words were so alien to them. Stretching their tail, the dragon uncoiled themself from a sitting position, yawning lazily at the leaves strewn around them before darting off in a brisk yet graceful stride, their version of haste apparently.
The creature sounded agitated, but not that much in pain....yet. They could afford to wait, but while patience may be one of their virtues, curiosity was one too.
Curiosity, for the lack of a better word.
"Do you require assistance?" Maybe talking out loud after such a scream wouldn't be the brightest move, but Eiyuu saw genuinely no need to worry. Live and let live. What reason would anyone have to attack a simple shrine guardian out walking in the woods? Besides, they could take whatever beating was coming. If it would spare an innocent creature from torment, they would gladly do it again.

Jaw Breakcore Jaw Breakcore

Junpei

Junpei's muscles unravels and collapses, his traditional clothing shred away in streams of ribbon as it weaves into the shape of a curled-up fox. He pants through his teeth, blood soaks a patch into his vibrant fur. Black dots ripple his vision. The stallion digs its hooves at the gravel, nudges what was once its new riders round head. Another fit of pain spasms, he sighs through his nose, a small cloud from his breath. He was normally good at avoiding shots, but he supposes there was a first time for everything.
"How unfortunate..." He whispers. His eye gazes up at the blocky, fuzzy shape of the figure.

Last edited:
Eiyuu-Ou
Interactions: Junpei

"Oh dear. That's not good." Eiyuu slowly approaches, extending their hand, attempting to look as non-threatening as a 6' 7'' dragon could. Their tail unceremoniously wraps around them as they attempt to soothe both the fox and the horse. "Hush... you will be fine. The poison is not deep, and the monks of the mountain are well-versed in the healing arts."
Moving slowly, Eiyuu gently picks up the fox, sunlight illuminating their golden eyes and glinting off of their scales as healing magic slowly manifests itself. They saw no need to hold back, when you see a starving man in front of you, do you let him starve so you could find a convenient place to feed him? Eiyuu thought not, the monastery had been empty, perhaps, but Eiyuu had taken in travelers nonetheless. Their healing magic wasn't as potent with no water nor sunlight around, but it will be enough.
"Now, I wonder, how did you get into such a mess? It's not everyday a fox rides a horse." Eiyuu didn't truly expect a response, but there was no harm in asking the question. Cradling the fox, Eiyuu gently tugs on the horse's reins, moving in the direction of Florien. "I shall take you to a place where it'll make it easier to treat you. I suppose the horse will have to come as well. You certainly won't die, I've only lost a single patient in all my centuries, and I promise by the blessings my river ancestors that you'll be fine within a day." They spoke simply, with no obstructions to speak of. There was no need for deceit. Why would there be?

Junpei
Interactions: Eiyuu-Ou

His back legs swing as he is suddenly lifted, he opens his snot to protest but when there was just a race of blurry colors, he closes his eyes. Junpei has only ever been picked up once in his life and he nearly had his fur skinned for it. In his humble opinion, he would make a very unappealing scarf, most foxes would they all looks the same. That fashion style is quite boring. The jackets look comfy though the orange color clashes with everything. Ah, there he goes again on the brink of death and thinking about silly things. Last time it was fluffy pancakes.
Junpei opens his eyes, looking up at the fuzzy shape. This shape has horns, but he doesn't remember the elk having long flowing hair so at least it was another Otherfolk and not a human that wants to domesticate him. He hates collars they make him look like a dumb lion.
What was he doing again? Oh yes.
"I would give you, my name." He licks his nose to wet it and sniffs. "But I smell candy."
What an odd thing to smell, he was in fact losing a lot of blood.
He hasn't been this lightheaded since he met that one sharp eared human, probably not a human but the name escapes him. But she was very pretty.
"She was indeed very beautiful." His voice was airy and soft. "But her temper was shorter than a goblin."
Junpei lets out a wheezy high laugh that shook his lungs, which made him grunt and dip his head into his carrier's chest.

Eiyuu-Ou

"Candy...? That's an odd thing to smell. I normally only carry around herbs..." The dragon hummed, cradling the fox gently, making small rocking motions if that would help. "You are a rather adorable creature. An Otherfolk, if I can recall the term correctly. It's an honor to meet a fox spirit. My name is Eiyuu-Ou, a humble shrine guardian, at your service. I appear to resemble a dragon, hence, well, hence the horns. And wings." Still leading the horse Eiyuu appears to be heading in a beeline straight to the front walls. "A dragon flying overhead is sure to cause alarm, but I suppose just flying in human form would be fast enough to get you back in time. I can return for the horse later. Oh dear...I do really hate leaving the poor thing alone..."
Scales rustle as Eiyuu stretched their wings, scanning the walls for any onlooker. They were within the cover of foilage for now, and they weren't too bad at stealth if their agility was anything to scale by, yet chances should not be undertaken recklessly. There was, of course, always the risk factor. Gently, they tie up a horse to a nearby tree, promising to return later.
"This way is inherently much faster than passing through the gates. Hang on tight, and don't fall unconscious." With that they took to the air, a flowing silhouette with regrowing antlers and flickering scales. As fast as a viper they were up at the walls, and over, dropping from shadow to shadow before landing roughly safely in a clump of undergrowth.
"And as always, silence is the true friend that never betrays." They brush off the sudden jolt of the landing, folding their wings back into their flowing robes and rearranging their robes back to their former positions. They could walk off a painful landing, more or less intact. This landing had been harsher than intended, but it had worked. "It's not so far now."

Junpei

Ah, a shrine guardian, he hasn't seen one in over seventy years. They really should get out more, they are most entertaining. But his face muscles wrinkles, his whiskers rise sharp.
"I am not... 'adorable'." If anything, he was a menace, just like most kitsune. He's walked this earth more than one human life, three times longer than an average fox life and he's really been anything but 'adorable'. Except when he was younger. He closes his eyes and digs his nose into the guardian's robes. How the world can mold and break a boy so easily.
"You should not see it as an honor, we are quite dangerous..."
Junpei's ear flick as the wind breezes past them in flight, he licks his nose once more at all the wisping smells.
Don't fall unconscious.
Easier said than done.

Eiyuu-Ou

"My apologies. All animals are adorable, and since not many of them are even near my full draconian size I do know my sense of appreciating can be a bit...skewed." Eiyuu stops their brisk strides outside a nondescript wooden door. "We're here."
Eiyuu ducks under the doorframe to avoid brushing their regrowing antlers against it(previous gouge marks do mark where that has happened before), still cradling the fox in their serenity. The room looked large, but primarily because it was simple. Wide open spaces were covered with mats, and plants were located among the floor and walls, cushions occasionally being present. What appeared to be a fountain was pouring from the center, a low table next to it. Large windows were covered with thin curtains, and further off two other rooms led off to what was most likely a bedroom and a bathroom.
Herbs and other plants hung in strategic locations around, and there was little to no decorations of note other than the single ornate mirror that looked almost out of place among the plants. Gently, Eiyuu set the fox down upon one of the cushions.
"Hm... it appears I haven't gotten used to the concept of 'chairs' yet..." they turned to search for a specific poultice, doing what they rarely did: locking the door(who the hell would want to rob a shrine guardian? why, you want plants?) "Would you like some tea?" there was no need to be unhospitable. Their healing magic was like a soothing balm, starting to cleanse the wound and poison.

Last edited:
Shikari Khavan
  • With: Shepherd, Mae, Connie.
  • Wearing: [x]
  • General status: Injured but patched up.
Shikari couldn't help but worry over the situation as he followed Mae. There was a guard just outside! His heart was pounding in his chest but he tried not to let the anxiety show on his face. The Hawks often conditioned their children to hide their emotions when in the presence of the enemy. Behind closed doors though? They were allowed to express their emotions if they felt the need to. Even so, the Hawkling was trying his hardest to hide how felt.

Once they reached the bedroom a look of relief came to his face. It looked so cozy and inviting. "Oh! Can I?" he questioned as he pointed the bed with all of the blankets on it. Shikari then began removing some of the layers he was wearing. His clothing was soaked from the snow and curling up under warm blankets in wet clothing wouldn't do a whole lot for him. His wings were tucked in close to his back. The feathers looked rather healthy, although a few were frayed and another was bent out of shape.

"Where to..." He paused as he thought of how to ask his question. "Where to dry these?" He asked as he held up the bundle of clothing in his arms.

Genii Genii

Junpei

"Except for stink bugs." Junpei spreads the toes of his paw's outwards, looking up at the guardian. "They are quite smelly."
He cackles at himself, a laugh that was weak and slurs. His double tails wave and the sharp pain makes him inhale deeply through his nose. His ears flick at the question.
"ζ΅…θ’Έγ—θŒΆ ." ("Ashamushi Cha."/ "Lighty steamed tea.")
He should be a lot more respectful when asking a guardian for something as simple as tea, but all he can think of was how familiar their white hair was...
It was on the tip of his hazy tongue; he just couldn't quite grasp it. He closes his eyes, sighing.

Eiyuu-Ou

"Even stink bugs serve a purpose, as useless as they may see." Eiyuu uttered a light chuckle as they return with a bag of herbs and a tea tray. Respect where respect was due, a few hundred years alone in the woods makes you an excellent tea brewer. "ζ΅…θ’Έγ—θŒΆ. I keep herbs from my forest of origin. They make good tea." Last time they checked, there was no law against bringing specially made tea from a lost forest or another, and also no law against using sunlight to speed up the brewing process(technically!).
But then again, even if there were, it wasn't likely the shrine guardian would have followed it. They had guests. The only laws in the forest happen to be the rules of whomever was nearby to enforce them. "Relaxation often helps with treatment. Please remain calm."
Applying the herbs, the guardian hummed as they worked, without hurry and without haste. When they were done, Eiyuu gently placed a clawed hand on the wound, sunlight shimmering as their scales reflected the firelight. Enhanced regeneration would unfurl, spurred on by healing magic they had practiced for so long, any poison was no match for their natural resistance as their ancient training.

Junpei

Junpei clears his throat which sounded strange coming from a fox, he wipes the side of his paw over his face.
"Not many healers now these days." Not that they have gone extinct, healing has been around longer than humans, but it seems more and more are either going into hiding or choosing to not learn it at all.
"I suppose this can be somewhat blame for Mirum. When they chased out the Otherfolk along with most of its natural healers. Human's do not live very long lives without medicine. "
He could say that just for their life spans in general, only a mere a hundred years would make a halfling cackle. His black lips stretch into a smirk an expression that breaks the mold of his head in a very uncanny way.
"I do truly believe the human's fear of lost control drove away the Otherfolk. We live longer, have abilities outside of their natural ones. They need us even if their prides sullen that and humans cannot rely on anything."

Eiyuu-Ou

"Humans are creatures of paradox." The healing now complete, Eiyuu sat back, satisfied. "They are kind, yet cruel. They are arrogant, yet humble. But they burn bright and fast, not like a lantern, but a flash of light. They are the candles that illuminate for an instant, and thus they make the most of it with their short lives. They are not like us, or even the more human-like of Otherfolk." Eiyuu gestures around them, their antlers now fully grown back as a side-effect of their healing magic. Perhaps they would have to saw it off later. the thought only mildly annoyed them, but didn't truly bother them. It would, by most chance, grow back again before the end of the week. Plus, it draws attention.

"We have centuries to yoke out, and for some of us, eternity. Humans do not. A century at most is what they have, and thus they are desperate to experience an eternity's worth of memories in a fraction of eternity. Perhaps they truly do fear us, because we can shred their fragile bodies limb from limb, and there are as many of us who would protect them as there are of us who would tear them to shreds. For every wound I have healed, I fear there are far many warriors than healers. Even my own kind has been known to flood the earth on a whim, dragons that were recorded in history as demanding great tithes from the poor mortals under their reign." Eiyuu chuckles slightly at the last bit, noting the irony. "Ironic, given my own austerity, but I know. As proficient as I am with water, I'd rather focus more on the healing arts."

The dragon drops to a kneeling position, their tail curling around their legs. "Perhaps they hate us, for the sins of the few. There may even be jealousy involved, for we can weave what must seem like wonders to them. We get to walk the earth for eons while by then their great grand-children will be busy rotting for worms. For them, we must seem like the devils and angels incarnated. Of another plane, and not wholly of their understanding. Some may try to understand us, to try to embrace the supernatural, but it is only human for humans to follow their base instincts and to fear what we are. Forgive me. I may be prattling on, but a century's worth of thinking will do that to you."

Eiyuu shrugs again, their folded wings moving strangely in sync with their shoulders. "My reasoning is to not blame them. We have centuries to age, they have years to learn, to love, to die. Forgive them for their irrational fear, for in many ways, they are not so unlike children. Yet..." Almost absently, Eiyuu begins fiddling with their long hair, golden eyes pensive. "And yet they are so precious. Like children, they can learn, they can break, and they can become both the worst yet the best this world has to offer. So I chose to forgive them, because perhaps in the end, like children, their foolish fears weren't truly the consequence of their choice at all. They are so...malleable. Like clay, or a hurricane. I can never tell what their future can hold, nor even the direction it may steer."

Last edited:
Junpei
Interactions: Eyuu-Ou

Junpei frowned in thought, soaking in the words of the guardian. Maybe his judgment of humans' stem from just how little information he knows about them, only what the creatures of the land whisper. Even the horse he road back on judged him for manipulating its previous rider. He knew Otherfolk were cruel, his own race relies on trickery and manipulation, and he felt his race only existed to harm humans. Dressing as beautiful humans just to steal their organs, their love and souls. But what struck him wasn't the life spans or complexities of humans, it was associating them with 'children'.
They can learn, they can break
But so can Otherfolk, most would not be in the position that they are in if someone just taught them what the world is like.
"We sugarcoat the lessons for children, that is why they struggle." He sighs through his nose.
"Human life is both not long enough and just right. I have... lost myself even after just two hundred years, I still have six more to go before I can ascend." And with how reckless he is, he would be surprised if he lives another fifty. What kind of person will he be after so long? Maybe an empty shell, even with nine tails and gold fur, he may be lifeless, and years of patience wasted. He's had three lives, humans only get one and most, from who he's meet have messed them up. Whether with the aid of Otherfolk or not.

Eiyuu-Ou

"And yet, here you still are." Eiyuu offers them more tea, smiling slightly. "The world is broken. The world is scared. The world is unjust. But it is not the fault of the children. It is, in fact, their burden to fix it. It's been over three centuries, I will admit I was a bit lazy around the three hundred mark, having lost track of time. Perhaps one day you have all nine of your tails, and perhaps it is when that will be worthless. But you are here now, and you will be tomorrow and the day after that. Celebrate. You are here now, and that is enough."
The future may be broken. The past may be ash. But it doesn't matter. As far as Eiyuu is concerned, the cycle will bear on, seasons will turn, and the world will mourn the dead, no matter how cruel they may be. "Perhaps in six hundred years I will have returned to my shrine, and perhaps by my one thousand's mark I will only be remembered as one of the immortals that brings rain with my flight, the guardian the shrine is dedicated to instead of the shrine's guardian. Or perhaps I won't be here at all, meeting my end by a dragonslayer's blade, or simply going into a long hibernation until my light is needed again. It is the same with you. In six centuries perhaps you'll be an empty shell and I an avaricious tyrant, having grown bored and weary of this world's mistakes. " Eiyuu for some reason, seemed to find this extremely funny.
"But I would believe in another path. Celebrate, you are here today, you are alive today. Celebrate, because your journey has a long way ahead, and thus it will not end before long. You have six centuries before you ascend, enjoy your time before then. And while I had eternity, I was indeed foolish enough to whittle it away meditating, taking care of plants and generally being extremely stupid back in my shrine." Tatsus and dragons and treasure walked together in some twisted dance, demanding extortion and wealth for their protection. Eiyuu was...a rather interesting glitch in the system as one may say, one raised by monks to hoard...what exactly? Eiyuu themself didn't know. Probably not gold, they never felt a single twinge to possess treasure. Not plants either, trees were perfect right where they were, thank you. Even now, it was still baffling when Eiyuu looked upon the examples of their race and the great floods their rages were capable of causing and realized they have been doing nothing but using their innate abilities for watering plants.

Last edited:
Junpei

Junpei cackles and rolls onto his back, kicking out his back legs as he laughs. Human's always considered dragons as these wise, ethereal beings of folklore and educational tales. But they were in fact just big lizards with way too much power, way too much time and apparently affixations with having a green thumb. He should ask if bearded dragons were just a second cousin. Maybe the dragonfly was the original dragon.
He pushes himself into a sit, his muscles and fur skin like ribbons, twisting and forming into a human. He scoops up the tea, the sleeves of his haori swaying.
"And here I thought my boredom could not be cured. Your healing is wonders." He folds his legs criss cross, adjusting in the cushion and takes a generous sip. "Thank you."

Eiyuu-Ou

Eiyuu chuckles as well, reminded a bit of their own transformation, albeit a lot more perfected and less flawed then their form. "Please do bear in mind I am extremely stupid for my kind, and more akin to an outlier that shouldn't be considered. If I had actually followed by ancestor's pawprints, who knows? Maybe I would have drowned Mirim in seawater for not giving me the perfect set of tea cups three hundred years ago!" Eiyuu offers a "toast" with the teacups. "Here's to your survival, the ever-so-nice plants used to make said tea, and also to the fact the city has not been drowned yet due to an argument over teacups."
I mean, all three are technically worthy things to toast...
"Besides, even if I had turned into a tyrant as expected of dragons, maybe my hoard would have a lot more interesting treasures than a bunch of plants." Listen, you can't eat gold but you sure can eat plants!
Not that Eiyuu prefers eating plants.
They like fish.

πΈπ“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž π’±π’Ύπ“ˆπ’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ“‰π’Ύ
I am here: Castle
With: Oksana and Hector
Wearing: outfit

After Mr. Barlow had left, Emory returned his attention to his two companions. Hector rubbed his hands together, eager to leave and get some food. Emory loved his enthusiasm. Princess Oksana asked if the man had been his assistant. "Yes! Mr. Simon Barlow. An excellent fellow, would probably make a better Crown Prince than I," Emory laughed at his own joke. "I expected him to scold me a bit more for leaving. Probably he already suspected today would not be a productive day for me." If Emory hadn't seen Princess Oksana freezing out on the balcony, he probably would still be laying on the floor of the guest bedroom, catatonic. Maybe that's why Mr. Barlow wasn't too mad that Emory was going out--at the very least it meant that he wasn't lying on the floor in complete misery. Emory nodded to himself before addressing his companions.

"Would you rather ride there on horseback or in a carriage? I would suggest walking, but I fear we wouldn't get there until dinner time at the latest. And by that point, Darius might have already eaten the both of us," Emory said with a laugh. He turned towards Princess Oksana, who's brow was furrowed, clearly deep in some troubled thought. Emory wasn't sure what the problem was there. His joke hadn't offended her, right? His assessment of Darius so far was that the man had a sense of humor and wasn't one to take things personally. But, well, that didn't necessarily apply to Princess Oksana. Emory absent-mindedly tugged at his collar, unsure if he had done the wrong thing. He glanced at Darius once more to look at his reaction.

((ooc: Sorry for short post, oof. Feel free to move us to the entrance hall or stables of the castle in your next post!))

πΈπ“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž π’±π’Ύπ“ˆπ’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ“‰π’Ύ
I am here: Castle
With: Oksana and Hector
Wearing: outfit

After Mr. Barlow had left, Emory returned his attention to his two companions. Hector rubbed his hands together, eager to leave and get some food. Emory loved his enthusiasm. Princess Oksana asked if the man had been his assistant. "Yes! Mr. Simon Barlow. An excellent fellow, would probably make a better Crown Prince than I," Emory laughed at his own joke. "I expected him to scold me a bit more for leaving. Probably he already suspected today would not be a productive day for me." If Emory hadn't seen Princess Oksana freezing out on the balcony, he probably would still be laying on the floor of the guest bedroom, catatonic. Maybe that's why Mr. Barlow wasn't too mad that Emory was going out--at the very least it meant that he wasn't lying on the floor in complete misery. Emory nodded to himself before addressing his companions.

"Would you rather ride there on horseback or in a carriage? I would suggest walking, but I fear we wouldn't get there until dinner time at the latest. And by that point, Darius might have already eaten the both of us," Emory said with a laugh. He turned towards Princess Oksana, who's brow was furrowed, clearly deep in some troubled thought. Emory wasn't sure what the problem was there. His joke hadn't offended her, right? His assessment of Darius so far was that the man had a sense of humor and wasn't one to take things personally. But, well, that didn't necessarily apply to Princess Oksana. Emory absent-mindedly tugged at his collar, unsure if he had done the wrong thing. He glanced at Darius once more to look at his reaction.

((ooc: Sorry for short post, oof. Feel free to move us to the entrance hall or stables of the castle in your next post!))

Hector Darius
I am here: The castle, then the stables
I am with: Prince Emory and Princess Oksana
Hector's laugh boomed down the hallway, "I'm not that much of a carnivore, but if I don't get something to eat soon, I might devour my own arm." He considered their travel options. "Honestly, there isn't a carriage big enough or sturday enough for me. If you two would rather take a carriage, I'll ride my horse alongside, which would be more appropriate. He's been bred for me, and did well carrying me to Mirim. Though, if you're looking to mingle with the commoners, nothing says 'LOOK AT ME I'M RICH, IMPORTANT AND UNNAPPROACHABLE' more than arriving to a lower class eating establishment in a royal carriage. I'll draw enough attention on my own, giant freak of nature that I am. Horseback is best, the less ostenatious your tack, the better, or you might find your borse stripped bare when we leave. None of us is exactly inconspicuous, truthfully. One of your boots, Prince, cost as much as many people make in a week."

He glanced over at Oksana, knowing she'd been eager to go for a ride earlier and this would make her happy, only to find her lost in thought and looking...well...not unhappy, but definitely very serious. He knew her well, and knew she was thinking about her father, their mission, something they had discussed during their travels, or a combinattion of all three. Either way, he knew she'd be cornering him later for a talk. He'd have to make sure they did so well out of earshot of anyone who might hear them. The more she got to know the people here, the less willing she would be to act in any way against them.

He kept his expression amused, not wanting to give Prince Emory any indicatoin anything was amiss. He liked Emory; he was a good, down to earth man you normally didn't find in the role of royalty, particularly those born to it. If push came to shove, however, he wouldn't hesitate to act in favour of his and Oksana's well being, and the well being of their Kingdoms. If King jero was looking to remove all Otherfolk - if he was torturing and killing them, and Emory supported it...

Hector let that thought remain unfinished. "The princess wanted to go riding earlier, so let's do that. Prince Emory, you will shit yourself when you see the size of this horse i have."

People walking past them in earshot gasped audibly at the way Hector spoke, and he rolled his eyes, resisting the urge to wave his arms at them and scream 'Shit, fuck, damn, fuck, shit!' at the top of his lungs, then watch the pearl clutchers go absolutely apoplectic with outrage. The thought made him chuckle, and he covered it with a cough. "Goodness gracious, my language." He muttered softly, spotting a few of the local guards working hard to cover their own amusement. It was worth his while to get in their good books. The guards and servants would be a veritable wellspring of information.

He nodded at the guards on the door as they left, making the universal gesture for "drinks after shift" at them with a raised eyebrow, and grinning at their slight nods. Hector carefully clapped one of them companionably on the shoulder and continued toward the stables, feeling his stomach rumble angrilly. "Fuck me, I'm starving." he muttered.

OOC: Hector's careful clap to the shoulder is because, if he doesn't, he'll send them flying. Not a good way to get on anyone's good side. XD

Last edited:
OKSANA
"Really now?" Oksana snickered with a smile. She took a deep breath through her nostrils and felt a sense of peace. It had been quite some time since she felt happy. Something was always looming in her mind. A fear, maybe. Maybe, a lonliness. That was gone now. "I sure am delighted that he didn't scold you. People seem to give you quite a hard time here." Oksana breathed, her face changing. She really was heartbroken about the way people thought of and acted towards Emory. Oksana wondered if he had done something to deserve it or if the treatment was simply because people were cruel.

Oksana laughed at Emory's joke. She had made one like that a time or two. It was nice to see Otherfolk and humans getting along. It reminded her that the world didn't actually hate each other, they were just taught to do so. "Are you alright?" Oksana asked Emory when she saw him tug at his collar.

Oksana stood and thought for a moment after laughing at Hectors joke. She crossed her arms tightly around her waist and squeezed. She was a little sore from the cold and she was certain that Emory would be more comfortable in a carriage. Hector would most certainly prefer horseback, he wouldn't have it any other way but that and on foot. Usually, she would prefer horseback and on foot, but she had to admit she wasn't to excited to get back into the cold again after today's events.

"Carriage, I think. Hector can ride alongside. Perhaps we can get out of the carriage a few buildings down, that way we can walk. Not look so rich, important, and unapprochable." She responded playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back