• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

๐ธ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Ž ๐’ฑ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’พ
I am here: Castle
With: Oksana and Hector
Wearing: outfit

Outside, Emory could hear Oksana join the fray of whoever Stefan had decided to yell at. He wished he could have told her before she ran out that it was wasted effort: Stefan just wanted to be angry. Adding more fuel to the fire was just going to prolong it. Emory did his best to tune the sound out as he read Oksana's story. His brow furrowed as he read the introduction. What...was this? He sat up, peering closer at the pages. Was...this why she had been "sick" for a year? Emory could see why the King of Eastwind hid the true story. And why Princess Oksana had come with such a fearsome guard. Emory was so engrossed in the story that he didn't hear the sound of Princess Oksana talking with her guard outside. He had just read the line โ€œMy life wasnt changed when I was kidnapped., it changed when I was returned unharmed for a reason unknown to meโ€ when the door opened. Emory looked up casually from the story, expecting it to be just Princess Oksana. His eyes widened when he saw it was, instead, her guard.

Emory pushed himself up to his feet, carefully holding the manuscript in his hands as he swayed from the sudden change in elevation. Oh jeeze, what was the man's name again? Emory had been physically present, but not, how you would say, emotionally present when Princess Oksana had been presented at court. How had the bear of a man known he was here? Emory tried his best not to look like a guilty man--he hadn't done anything wrong. But when you were faced next to a man that must have been seven feet tall, it was hard not to feel a little nervous.

"Ah, I see your guard has joined you, Princess Oksana. So you have someone more appropriate to look after you," he addressed her. He then switched his gaze back to the man. "I saw the Princess collapsed out in the snow outside and jumped over to help her. I think she is doing better, now, but I couldn't leave because..." how could he even begin to explain Stefan. Emory paused as he thought about it. "My brother-in-law was the one yelling," was what he came up with. "Has he left, yet? I think he would burn the castle down if he saw me come out of a woman's room. And I don't think I should entertain the idea of jumping across a balcony again." That was all coherent, right? He hadn't slurred anything?

Hector Darius
I am here: The Castle
With: Oksana & Emory

Hector stood from his squat as he opened the door, and turned to fully face Prince Emory. His eyes narrowed when he saw him lyning on the Princess' floor as if he belonged there, and then took a step into the room when he saw Emory sway unsteadily on his feet. Ah, yes, the whiskey he smelled earlier. His hands curled into fists tight enogh to make his knuckles pop. He had promised Oksana he wouldn't hurt the prince, but nothing was said against a little inidimidation. He lifted his chin and took another step closer, making a special effort to loom. For all Hector knew, Prince Emory could be a perfectly wonderful and respectable man, but Princess Oksana's safety was paramount.

He smirked. "We could always toss you back over, Prince Emory." An eyebrow twitched. "Gently, and respectably, of course."

Hector's gaze fell to the papers in Emory's hands, and his expression grew solemn. Her manuscript. Of course, King Elliot had reason to keep the circumstances of Oksana's abduction a state secret, but he'd seen what all the years of secrecy and refusal to talk had done to her. He glanced over his shoulder at Oskana and sighed heavily before returning his gaze to Emory.

"That was....ungracious of me, Prince Emory." He shook his head. "Thank you, for helping her." He lowered his voice. "I would not see her hurt. By anyone." He paused. "That puffed up dandelion is your brother-in-law? What right does he have to yell at Her Highness?"

Last edited:
OKSANA
With: Emory & Hector

Oksana almost jumped atop of Hector's back when she witnessed him clench his fist. She could have SWORN that she had heard Hector's knuckles pop. Though, she refrained. Hector was always a man of his word. Even so, Hector was likely going to attempt to intimidate Emory. Hector had always made sure everyone got that message. Heart pounding, she watched as Hector walked closer, chest puffed out with a skeptical demeanor. Oksana gasped when Hector offered to throw Emory back over then was relieved once she heard the rest of the sentence. "He was very kind and respectful, Hector." She said, making sure it was understood that Emory had no ill intent.

Oksana sulked when she saw Hector peer over his shoulder. He had seen the manuscript. More importantly, she saw him reading it. Her father forbade her from sharing it, in fear that once information had spread, she would be captured again by this mysterious man. Oksana almost giggled when Hector referred to Stefan as a puffed-up dandelion. What a perfect description. She stopped herself though, because she wasn't too sure if he was born that angry or if it was the grief.

With: Oksana

Emory's blood ran a little cold as he heard Princess Oksana's guard crack his knuckles as he walked in. This was the game, huh? Emory was quite used to people trying to intimidate him. But there was one lesson his father and drilled into his head: never let your opponent see your true emotions. So Emory's face donned his public mask, a disinterested but polite one as the man loomed over him. Inside, Emory was intimidated, but on the outside you would never know it. His mouth twitched in a smirk, however, when the man suggested throwing Emory back over the balcony. Princess Oksana gasped in the background, scandalized. She reproached him, saying his name. Hector. Well, Emory preferred addressing people by last name when possible, but when the first name was all he had to go off of...Hector it was. "Gentle would be preferable to almost slipping and falling like I did on the way over," Emory told Hector, choosing to interpret his words as a joke. Threatening to throw the Crown Prince of a foreign country across a balcony...wars had been started for less.

Hector's eyes found their way to the manuscript in Emory's hands, and the mood of the room seemed to drop. Hector solemn, Princess Oksana nervous. Hector looked over at the Princess, giving a heavy sigh, before turning back to Emory. Emory's head tilted with surprise, and his noble mask slipped off his face. It was nearly impossible to keep on when he didn't have his full mental faculties. That...sounded fairly close to an apology. "I completely understand, Mr. Hector. I would have been concerned as well, if I had seen a man sneaking into my sister's room," Emory said sincerely, nodding. He probably would come in with even more fury than Hector had.

That was when the subject changed back to Stefan. Unlike Oksana, who held her amusement in, Emory guffawed at the description of puffed up dandelion. It really was the perfect description of Stefan, and Emory couldn't help but imagine a much younger Stefan dressed in a dandelion costume. His guffaw was cut a little short, however, at the news that he had been yelling at Her Highness. There were only two Her Highnesses in the castle: Emory's step-mother and his sister. Angry as he was, Stefan didn't have the balls to get into a direct fight with The Queen. He valued his social life way too much, and making an enemy of the Queen was to make an enemy of the court. "He was yelling at Aurora?" Emory asked, his tone sober. Stefan...just didn't know when to quit, did he? He had always had a fiery temper, but Alicia's death had made it so much worse.

"He has known Aurora since they were children. I'm sure he didn't mean any actual harm to her. However, yelling at her is unacceptable. I'll be making sure to have a word with him, later," Emory said darkly. His protectiveness for Aurora way outweighed any feelings he had for Stefan. Emory had suffered the same loss Stefan had, but he wasn't out destroying his relationships with other people. Stefan needed to be reminded to be careful with his fire, lest he found all his bridges gone when it finally burned out.

((ooc: The joke is that Emory is just inwardly self-destructive while Stefan is outwardly :) ))

With: Oskana and Emory

Hector nodded, grunting in confirmation. "And Princess Oksana. I heard their voices as I approached, though not what they said. The Queen and Lord Stephan were leaving as I came down the hall. Oh, call me Hector. Mr. Darius if you want to be formal, but I wish you wouldn't."

He'd been offered promotions and command of his own squadron, but he'd declined them all, when he could. The higher rank you had the less freedom you had, and the more people had to genuflect and call you "Sir", or "Lord" or "Title". Not only that, but he had little enough time read as it was. Give him rank of any sort, and he could kiss that hobby goodbye. It was enough to make Hector swear. If he was being honest with himself, there wasn't much in the world that didn't make him swear.

He lifted his gaze to watch the snow falling outside in large, heavy flakes. This snow would be heavy with water, and he had no doubt many households would wake tomorrow to discover branches to nearby trees had broken under their weight. It happened often in Korillo. He turned slightly to face Oksana. "I'm sure he was, Princess, and I am grateful he was here. Forgive me for not being here myself. I thought you'd be safe in here while I explored the grounds a bit." He gestured to his heavy cloak. "In the furture, we go outside in one of these, though, My Lady, even if you are stepping out onto your balcony to admire it. Gloves are nice additon, too."

He pulled his gloves off and undid the clasp for his cloak before sliding it off his wide shoulders. There was enough fabric in that one garment to make cloaks for 2 good sized men, and have enough left over to make them each a pair of gloves. "Could anyone else eat, or is that just me? I'm starving."

OKSANA

A true feeling of relief washed over her. She observed carefully watching Prince Emory and Hector exchange conversation. It was comforting that it was respectful and civil. Perhaps the two would be friends one day. Oksana paid close attention to what Emory had to say about Stefan. Oksana hardly ever got into it with anyone. She was a very kind and charismatic person. People usually got along with her, and she, them.

Oksana really wanted to know how to not upset Stefan and make sure they were in good standing with each other. Watching as the conversation became more friendly, Oksana sighed with a smile on her face, glad that Emory and Hector were getting along. At least it seemed like it

Hector turned to face Oksana explaining that it was important that sheโ€™d wear a coat next time she went out. Oksana was a mixture of embarrassed and disappointed in herself. She wished ever so hard that she wasnโ€™t so sheltered in her fathers home prior to this. Then maybe she wouldnโ€™t look like such a fool

When Hector mentioned food, Oksanas face lit up. Her clothes were dry now, so she whisked herself over to her dresser and grabbed a Merle fur cloak. She pulled it out of the drawer and swung it around her shoulders, quickly fastening the clasps that held it in place. โ€œOh yes. I am starving.โ€ She chimed. Oksana didnโ€™t mind if they stayed there or went out to eat, she was just happy to finally have a friend group

Last edited:
Marshall Lykeios
Edge of Garwood | Taavi, guards, hounds & 2 bodies | Resigned

Marshallโ€™s annoyance racketed up a notch when Taavi pronounced his disappointment at his riding skills. โ€œObviously my Sausage didnโ€™t just disappear from between my legs!โ€ He muttered under his breath; lips twisted in a scowl as his glacial stare focused on the lumpen shapes of the departed. A rasp of air deeply inhaled, he spread his palms toward the twisted flesh and bone, brow furrowing with concentration, barely blinking.

Snow crunched as the bloodied shapes wrenched free of the frost, liquids smattering fresh droplets on the soaked ground. With ethereal silence, flesh hovered over the spread canvas and was lowered with solemn care. The second body received much the same treatment. When they were bundled and tied, Lykeios lowered his hands and closed his eyes, finally finding a brief respite in the shroud of darkness.

And brief it was. With careful steps that picked his way over the uneven ground, he made his way to the side of the giant black horse and hesitated. Flabbergasted, defeated, as the rusty cogs in his brain worked to figure out where he was supposed to sit. Behind?

His feet left the ground as he floated in the air, being slow on purpose to avoid spooking Lapis, although the magnificent horse had undergone some desensitisation to his gift before. He settled in behind Taavi, trying to control his tension in case they were immediately bucked off.

โ€œNo, not home yet. How did the raid go?โ€

Hector Darius

With: Oksana & Emory

Hector watch Oksana put her cloak and gloves on, then down at the cloak heโ€™d just taken off. He paused for a moment, thinking of suggesting there was a kitchen In the castle they could visit, before shrugging and putting his cloak back on. He could tell she was itching to get out of the castle and explore. At least, this way, they werenโ€™t too likely to find trouble, and, knowing her, sheโ€™d find a way to get out and explore with out without him. He would rather it was with him. Her father was showing a lot of trust in him by accepting King Briarโ€™s offer to lend his services to Eastwind. โ€œGood. Weโ€™ll find somewhere to eat, then. It will be overpriced, ridiculously small portions, and Iโ€™ll have to visit the kitchens again in an hour, but, for you, Princess? Consider it done.โ€

He made sure his weapons were securely in place before pulling his gloves on, and glanced again at the snow falling outside. โ€œMake sure you wear good boots, My Lady. The ground is likely to be slippery.โ€

Outside, on the grounds, his sensitive ears could hear the idle chatter of staff hard at work, but there was nothing being said, at the moment, to pique his interest. His hearing was far better than any humanโ€™s. He could hear a greater range of sounds at farther distances, almost as good as most dogs. His sense of smell, thoughโ€ฆnot even a bloodhound had a better sense of smell than a bear. Or any Ursine. He could smell whisky oozing from Prince Emoryโ€™s pores. When his duties had first expanded to collecting information for King Briar, it had been hard to hide what he could hear and smell. More than decade of experience with it had taught him well.

He cast a glance the princeโ€™s way. โ€œJoin us, Prince Emory? I imagine you might a know a place suited for Princess Oksana, and some food would soak up some of the whisky in your belly.โ€ Hector tapped his nose. โ€œI can smell it on your breath.โ€ He spoke without rancor, or judgement. Hell, there had been more than one instance when he would have loved to lose himself in a bottle of booze, but, try as he might, he just couldnโ€™t get drunk. He looked between the two of them, then raised a hand and placed the other on his chest. โ€œI solemnly swear to behave as well as I am able.โ€

Last edited:
OKSANA
With: Hector Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy & Emory ( tityanya tityanya

Oksana scrunched her shoulders with guilt as she realized she had been a little to spaced out. Perhaps Hector was suggesting a kitchen within the castle. Oksana was always quick to jump the gun when it came to getting out of the place she slept. If it were up to her, Oksana would spend all her days wandering. Nowhere seemed like home to her. It was hard for her to stay still. Oksana was a free-spirit. Plus, the second she had gotten to Mirim, it was from the recieving courtyard, straight into the castle. She was craving adventure and exploration. That's why she ended up with hypothermia on the balcony in the first place. Hopefully, this adventure wouldn't result similarly. Oksana was convinced that it wouldn't because Hector and Emory were there.

Oksana drew back a little at his forced agreement. Hector, the strong and powerful being he was, usually came off as passive aggressive to her. Oksana learned to take it with a grain of salt. It was only Hector's ever-continuing attempt to make sure he were to show respect to Oksana at all times. She appreciated it, always. But being as how she had already worried Hector no more than an hour ago, she felt guilt and regret for putting her cloak on. Regardless, Oksana didn't change her decision because she wanted to prove to him that she wasn't as weak and easily persuaded as she actually was. Also, because he DID agree.

"Alright!" Oksana spouted excitedly, grinning ear to ear, ready to depart. She remembered her shoes, which were hidden beneath the skirt of her dress. They were in fact not boots, like Hector had suggested. If Oksana really wanted to, she could avoid having to change shoes if she didn't make a comment. Honestly, Hector is never wrong. I've already given him hundreds of heart attacks. Fair enough. "Thank you for reminding me." Oksana responded to Hector's suggestion. Oksana quickly strode over to a chaise where months ago she had put her boots to rest. Oksana normally didn't wear dresses, but it was highly demanded of by her father. It was a pleasure to Oksana, to finally be able to wear her boots.

Oksana plopped down on the chaise, pulling the skirt of her dress over her knees. She kicked her black leather slippers off and slipped her feet into the boots. Adjusting her position, Oksana pressed her heels into the floor, making sure her feet had properly descended iand fixed themselves into the shoes. She leaned over pinching her boot laces into the tips of her fingers and proceeded to tie them tight. Oksana sprung to her feet. "Now then!" She chimed grin as wide as the ocean.

Taavi Jokela
  • With: Dr. Lykeios, Lapis and Stoney, three guards and their horses.
  • General status: Fine.
As expected, Lapis did not budge when Lykeios floated into the air. The horse was high-strung and not many could ride him, but he was certainly used to the man's antics at this point in his life. His ears flicked back for a brief moment as he listened to the humans speaking, and then forward again as he kept his dark eyes on their surroundings. The longer the group stayed around, the heavier the snow fell. Lapis took a few sideways steps and gave his head a toss. The animal was clearly ready to get on the road again. Well-trained? Yes. Hot blooded and full of energy? Always.

"Look what you've done now. He knows your horse left you for a reason," Taavi commented as he corrected his mount. "You're soiling my horse's behavior." It was clearly a sarcastic jab but the guards on the scene couldn't tell if Taavi was being serious or not. Whenever he made jokes around them they thought he meant what he was saying. This always added to the humor of the situation for Taavi.

"As for the raid, it went well I would say. We caught a handful and they are now in our custody. I had hoped to find more, but a few is better than none." His eyes scanned the horizon as he waited impatiently for the sleigh. "Maybe you could take a look at them after you have had some rest. I am not quite able to see what they are just by looking at them."

Baldric
With: Shepโ€™s parents

Ugh, the gradient was awful and his horse was veering. Baldric dismounted and grabbed the reigns, quiet as he tromped through the snow, placing one foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other. Johan was a bit of a prick, always grinding on their patience and poking where he shouldnโ€™t. Norris was ever dutiful, but even senior to Johan by a few years, he had never quite had the temper to keep his childhood friend in check. They werenโ€™t good people; that was why they had been assigned to border patrol of all places, to keep their discipline and give them a reality check, young buffoons. But they werenโ€™t bad people either. They didnโ€™t deserve thisโ€ฆ He should have said something, but he hadnโ€™t. He had agreed to the plan, just hoping that the three of them could have a nice uneventful evening without Johan constantly asking why he hadnโ€™t hit it off with that barmaid from last week.

Damn it. How were they to know that an otherfolk would attack them here and now when tonight was the night of the shock raids? Just when they had brought the fight to the despicable accursed monsters, to be attacked in their own backyardโ€ฆ

It was their own fault. Even five guards were barely a match for an other if they didnโ€™t have a gifted with them. At most, it was just putting some spikes on a sheep and hoping some of the sheep got away until the sheepdogs arrived. It would have been nice if they had a proper explanation for Johanโ€™s parents. But no, heโ€™d died because he was too damn annoying and Norris went with him.

Curse them all! Curse every one of these damned demons to blight our land.

Somehow in the fog of his thoughts, the trees had thinned away and he found himself walking down the slopes to the lowland fields. He then realised heโ€™d been so lost in the head, it was pure luck that the prowling thing hadnโ€™t gotten to him then. Butโ€ฆ surely it had retreated. Surely it hadnโ€™t come to ravage the farmers and their livestock. Horror burst in his mind as he ran toward the nearest farmstead.

He peeked in through the windows. His heart hammering in his ears as he walked around to the front where the main door was. No blood. No gashes on the walls.

He brushed the muck from his armour and swallowed air, tongue rasping against his dry throat, then hammered his fist against the wood.

โ€œHey! Is everyone all right?โ€ He paused. They looked clueless, and perhaps angry at being woken. That was a good sign. A good problem to have. โ€œAll your family members are fine right? Thereโ€™s been an otherfolk attack in the woods. Is there a cart or sleigh we can borrow?โ€

Marshall Lykeios
Edge of Garwood | Taavi, guards, hounds & 2 bodies | Resigned

Marshall snorted. For all he knew, the monster could have carried his horse off to eat it, and they all knew it was a possibility, but nobody wanted to bring it up now. Because the idea of the murderous creature carrying something as heavy as a horse along was far scarier than one that could already snag a man up into the tree.

โ€œDonโ€™t be ridiculous. Heโ€™s clearly upset that you arrived too late when all the action was overโ€ฆ and all he can do is stand around.โ€

And all they could do now wasโ€ฆ stand around while waiting for the sleigh? Not with the doctor present.

โ€œReally? No wounded needing my attention?โ€ Lykeios sounded surprised, but they had been planning the raid for quite a while and the otherfolk were getting rarer in the city. Perhaps a good testament that the discriminatory policies and forces were working, chipping away at the foul tumour until there were only scraps left to deal with. And only once the infection was cleared, would they then be able to look at solidifying a proper border to keep the beasts out once and for all.

The doctorโ€™s gray eyes landed on the two guards for a moment, then flicked away. The two bundled bodies lifted into the air beside Lykeios, who was itching to get going. โ€œLetโ€™s not linger. I can carry them till the farm at least.โ€ Lest the remaining two became casualties and double the paperwork as well.

And if he ever ran into that shepherd brat againโ€ฆ

Shepherd
With: Shikari, his parents (Oan & Mae), Connie, Baldric.

As soon as Baldric began hammering on the farmhouse door and shouting, the sheepdogs and hunting hounds that were locked in the stables began to bark in alarm.

The farmer and his wife were quick to answer. Oan opened the door - just a crack at first, his hand hovering near a crossbow he had propped against the interior wall, but seeing that their visitor was a city guard he abandoned it and opened the door fully.

โ€œAn attack? Oh goodness! Are you alright?โ€ Mae said from behind her husband. It was genuine concern, for she felt no ill will towards the guards, they were someoneโ€™s sons and daughters after all.

โ€œAll fine here.โ€ Oan answered. Hoping to put an end the chitchat and have the guard on his way. He was nervous and abrupt, but helpful all the same. โ€œAye, weโ€™ve got a cart you can use. Iโ€™ll be needing it back though.โ€

Up in the hayloft, Shepherd was woken by the barking dogs and Connie wriggling out of his arms. He heard the voice of the guard and his parents outside and after a quick glance over at Shikari, he quietly got up to investigate.

The half-elf slid down the loft ladder and crept to the barn door, hoping to peek through a gap in the claw damaged wood.

โ€œThis way. Iโ€™ll take you to it.โ€ Oan gestured for the guard to follow him. The noise of the barking dogs got louder as he led the way to an old stable building. There was an old wooden wagon outside it, covered in a thick layer of snow, but the wheels and fittings looked sound enough.

Mae remained in the farmhouse doorway, anxiously looking across the wintery yard to the barn where Shepherd and Shikari were sleeping.

scroll

Otherfolk

Nevan.

mood

scared, exhausted

outfit

cotton tunic and brown breeches

Farmlands

interactions

interactions here

tags

tags here

Nevan gasped violently as his legs struggled to propel him further. He had been running through the forest for several hours and hadn't stopped. Blood was pounding in his ears, making his mind swirl in confusion. Don't stop. Don't stop. Live. Live, he repeated over and over again.

Nevan had been aimlessly wandering for years, trying to get as far away from his clan as he could. He soon discovered that being alone would not be as easy as he thought. He was isolated for so long that he didn't have a grasp of reality outside of his imprisonment. It wasn't long before he discovered humans and the cataclysmic differences between himself and them. Most of his food source was the farmers' livestock, which they didn't appreciate, and rightfully so.

He had quickly learned to glamour his appearance to be more human-like and found more covert ways of acquiring food. It had worked for him for many years, up until recently. It seemed he had traveled too close to a major city because all he had seen the last few months were humans. Humans, everywhere. However, this was the first time dogs had chased him. He had been trying to sleep at his camp in the forest when he picked up the howling from far away. There was also the faintest scent of human blood. Not good.

As he was trying to leave the forest, one of the dogs attacked him. In a panic, he quickly disposed of the dog by throwing it against a nearby tree and took off running (hearing more dogs approaching). As he stopped in a clearing blanketed by heavy snow, he breathed in the surrounding scents and scanned for danger. He couldn't hear the dogs, but he could smell them nearby.

Where was this? He fell to his knees, breathing heavily. It appeared to be the farmlands from the look of it. He recognized parts of the area from his hunting. Pulling himself to his feet, he stumbled towards lights in the distance. Perhaps there would be a barn or abandoned shed he could take refuge in? As he continued through the snow, he noticed many pairs of footprints heading in the same direction. The prints were slowly being buried by the falling snow, so it was difficult to tell how long ago people had passed through here. Should I chance it? he thought solemnly. He really had no choice. He decided on a group of trees nearby a barn. On his way, he made sure to double back several times to cover his tracks, hoping it would divert anyone who might be tracking him.

Climbing up into the trees, he became still as stone keeping an eye on the people moving about in the distance.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
Shikari Khavan
  • With: Shepherd and Connie.
  • Wearing: [x]
  • General status: Injured but patched up.
Shikari sprang awake shortly after the hounds started barking and he watched as Shepherd scurried down the ladder. It didn't take long for the hawkling to scramble to his feet. His legs were incredibly sore and caused him to stumble to the ladder. Once there he scrambled halfway down. Golden eyes watched as Shepherd peered through some cracks in the barn door. After a few minutes of watching his friend he made his way down the remaining rungs of the ladder and stepped up next to the half elf. There were soon two separate pairs of eyes peering out of the barn. Shikari wasn't able to see as many details as Shepherd, but he could make out the stranger who was at the farmhouse door.

"Who?" He asked. It was a simple question, but the hawkling's exhaustion shown clearly in his voice. Regardless, there was no way he would be going back to sleep any time soon.

Last edited:
Vyrik Talโ€™Ho
  • With: Veronica.
  • Wearing: [x] and Veronica's cloak.
  • General status: Injured, ill, malnourished, generally unwell.
Being removed from the horse proved quite painful for the man but he made sure to hide this from Veronica. Vyrik was prepared to do everything she told him in order to keep the two of them safe. When he closed his eyes he felt the strength leaving the grip she had on him. This caused his brows to furrow with concern and confusion but he said nothing about it. He did his best to move along without all of his weight resting on her shoulders. However, he doubted that he provided very much relief for her. Hopefully she would notice the effort and appreciate it though.

As they neared the guards she told him that he could open his eyes again. He was tempted, but he knew that his eye color would likely be considered suspicious. Vyrik opened his eyes, but only in a squint and this was of course accompanied by the grumble of a drunk man. He was able to sound quite authentic because, well, Vyrik had been stupid drunk countless times in his life and he could also be a great actor when the need arose. The pain he was in also provided plenty of authenticity.

It wasn't until they were in the safety of the carriage that Vyrik lifted his head and opened his eyes again. He got a quick look at his surroundings and then finally settled his eyes on Veronica. The man squinted as he stared hard at her. He couldn't quite remember what she had looked like in the forest, but she still seemed different than what little he could remember. For a moment he wondered if she had multiple forms like himself. No matter. The Moonwing brushed the thought aside because it truly didn't matter right now. He had a lot to say to her and yet he didn't know where to even began. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he had the strength for speech to begin with.

Vyrik turned his attention to the window. He lifted a thin hand and pushed the curtain aside just enough to peer out. The snow was falling quite heavily now in thick sheets. There was a bit of light coming from the streets. A few scattered buildings also had light coming from their windows but for the most part the city seemed to be asleep now. Vyrik was unsure of the time, but he imagined that it was likely well past midnight. Normally he was able to gauge time better, but everything about the Moonwing's natural clock was way off balance. Even now he was struggling to remain upright in his seat and after a few minutes he found himself slouching forward with his arms on his knees and head almost in his own lap. He didn't wish to be rude to his savior but the poor man was not feeling up to chatter just yet. Everything hurt, including his stomach!

Last edited:
Taavi Jokela
  • With: Dr. Lykeios, Lapis and Stoney, two guards and their horses.
  • General status: Fine.
Taavi nodded to Marshall and gave Lapis a kick. "Those who were wounded are not in bad enough shape to warrant us rushing right back this instant. Their wounds can easily be treated by your staff. I am quite thankful for that because you and I are going to have our hands quite full for some time I imagine. Firstly, we have to interrogate the Otherfolk we did catch and we have to clean up this mess," he said as he gestured to the bodies. "On top of all that, we need to track down the beast that did this. I think it has been a bit since we last had to deal with an Otherfolk that was capable of doing this kind of damage in such a short time-frame."

It was all a headache really. Taavi was not looking forward to handling the Johan and Norris situation. Both guards were on the younger side, only in their early twenties. Their families would be devastated and of course there would have to be a proper service. Taavi rubbed the bridge of his nose. Stoney, meanwhile, had his nose to the ground as he moved alongside the trotting horse. The dog was not usually used for tracking but he could still follow a trail. The night was dark and it was getting difficult to see in the snow. Stoney was key to them all staying on track and meeting up with Baldric with little trouble.

"I think a drink is in order for all of the paperwork we are about to do. You arrived on scene before I did. Did you by chance find any clues that may tell you what kind of beast did this?"

With: Oksana

Emory grunted a dissatisfied "hmm" when Hector told him that Stefan had been arguing with Aurora. Well, from what it sounded like, the Queen shut that down quick. Emory's face let loose a little smirk at the thought of his stepmother telling Stefan off. Well, he certainly deserved it. He would have to speak to Aurora and ask what had happened. Stefan himself was a non-starter. He would no doubt spin a story that would make him sound like the victim the whole time. Emory had known him for long enough to know that taking responsibility for his actions...was not Stefan's strong suit.

Hector revealed his whole name, Hector Darius. Emory was about to nod and say 'thank you, Darius' when he said that he would rather Emory not be formal. That...was hard for him. "I shall try my best. Referring to others by their last names is how I show them respect. Although, I am willing to drop the mister," Emory said with a smile. Hector Darius. He was going to try and remember that.

Darius turned his attention to Princess Oksana, lecturing her about wearing a heavy cloak or jacket outside. Princess Oksana shrank in on herself, her face flushing. But she obliged by Darius' words, grabbing a heavily lined cloak from her drawer. Emory considered over the request of food. Judging by Darius taking off his cloak, he had clearly intended to eat in the castle. But Princess Oksana grabbing her cloak meant that she wanted to go out to eat. Hmm, that seemed like a good queue for Emory to take his leave, then. He couldn't help but give a small chortle about Darius' response about going to a kitchen with tiny, fancy portions that wouldn't fill him up. He was a giant man, no doubt he needed to eat a giant portion of food. Emory couldn't imagine any restaurants anywhere near the castle that would provide anywhere near enough. Further away, though, towards the areas where workmen went to eat, hat was where they would find some sizable grub.

Emory had taken a step towards the door when Darius asked him if he would join them. Emory froze for a moment, surprised. While his mouth didn't say it, his face said me? HE flushed a little at the whiskey comment, but didn't take it too much to heart. He was drunk, and he knew that. It wouldn't be a secret for long that he often drank after he was done working. Today was just...a little harder than usual. "I will need to go to my room to get some more suitable clothes for the outdoors, first. And let my assistant know that I will be leaving. Oh, and I will have to check up on my sister. Would you be willing to accompany me or wait until I am ready?" Emory asked. Mr. Barlow would certainly have been livid if he knew that Emory left the castle, even if Emory had no real intention of getting work done that day. But it was the principle of the matter. At least if he was in the castle, if something blew up and Emory was needed, he could be found. And he wanted to check that his sister was alright after dealing with Stefan.

He vaguely noticed Princess Oksana in the background plop down onto her chaise. Emory's eyes went over to her, and his face flushed and he immediately turned around. She had raised her skirt over her knees! Emory knew that she probably hadn't thought about how improper it would look, but Emory was acutely aware. Emory stood firmly turned around until he heard the sound of her feet hitting the floor, and the words "Now then!" He then turned his gaze to Darius, his eyes imploring if it was a proper time now to turn back around and face the princess.

((ooc: slowly I will yank more and more coding and colors over from their gaiaonline posting layouts))

๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–”๐–“๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ฝ๐–”๐–˜๐–“๐–”๐–Ž๐–—๐–Š

I am here: Carriage
With: Vyrik
Form: Light

The man in Veronica's arms did an excellent job of acting drunk. Veronica was honestly impressed. No doubt he was in an extreme amount of pain. Yet somehow, he managed to translate that into drunkenness instead of, well, getting torn apart by dogs in the woods. They made it to the carriage scott free, earning a sigh of relief from Veronica. They were almost home free. They just needed to get to the Drunken Crow. Although, at this point, Veronica knew better than to count her eggs before they hatched. There was still plenty that could go wrong during the carriage ride. A random stop and inspection, a carriage driver that wanted more than money from them, and so much more. But Veronica shouldn't worry herself too much. They had made it into town. She just had to hope that the night's raid was over.

She turned her gaze over to her companion, and a smug smile appeared over her face. She was pleased with her catch. He was starving now, but that wasn't something that time couldn't fix. He had gorgeous amber eyes, distractingly beautiful, but unfortunately would no doubt garner him unwanted attention. He had unruly black hair, worn much longer than the men in Mirim liked to wear it. She thought it was such a shame that the men would shear their hair short. When the man's gaze turned towards her, scrutinizing her, she didn't act abashed. She instead smiled at him, more willing to return the favor of gazing upon one's form. Although, she had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't because he found her beautiful.

His attention turned to the window, and Veronica followed his gaze. The snow was coming down hard outside, but they were sheltered inside their little carriage. Although, it wasn't much warmer. They rode in silence for a while, Veronica not wanting to force a conversation. There would be time for conversation later, after he had gotten a solid rest. That was, if Veronica was still somewhere he could find. She tried to avoid otherfolk shelters. They were easy targets for the guards to find. No secret was well-kept enough. The Drunken Crow was one that had managed to survive for quite a while, however. Its resilience was surprising to Veronica. The man slowly curled in on himself, Veronica watching impassively. She would make no comment. It didn't take a genius to figure out the man was no doubt in considerable pain. Veronica thought, for just a brief moment, of giving him a drop of her blood. It would act as a pain-killer at that small amount, to help him carry on towards the tavern. But no. Her secret was one that she needed to carefully guard. A strange man she met out in the forest was not someone to give blood to.

So she let him be, staring out the window as she picked out houses and landmarks she recognized. They were getting close. After a few more minutes, the carriage rolled to a stop. Veronica faced towards the door, taking the man's offered hand as he helped her down. He offered a similar hand to Veronica's ward, helping him down at his own pace. "Do you need any help getting him home, Miss?" the man asked. "No, thank you. His home is not very far from here. Thank you for the ride, sir." Veronica pressed money into the man's hand, overpaying for the trip by quite a wide margin. The man simply tipped his hat at her. "Get home safe, ma'am. And if anyone asks, I never saw 'ya." Veronica simply smiled large at him, and watched as he went back into the carriage and took off. She waited until he was out of sight until she pulled her man down the street. "Where we're going isn't far from here. The Drunken Crow. There, we will be safe. You just need to make it there," Veronica said, hoping to motivate him. She desperately wanted a break from the worrying and stress, even if it was for only a moment.

โ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Ž

((ooc: ))
((Outfit))
((Age appearance: Early thirties))

Vyrik Talโ€™Ho
  • With: Veronica and Boris (NPC).
He did his best to support his own weight while she helped him balance. The Moonwing remained silent but there was still plenty that raced through his mind. He scanned their surroundings as they walked. There were street lights that glowed through the snow and Vyrik wondered just how that was happening. Were there candles inside of them? Oil? If so, who had the time of day to light so many of them? Meanwhile his toes continued to burn from the cold that soaked in through his boots. It was a very uncomfortable sensation that caused the bones in his feet to feel as though they were on fire. Each step was painful and distracting enough to take his mind off of the surface wounds he had sustained in the woods and during his travels. Even his stomach felt quiet as thousands of needles stung his sore feet. There were a few instances in their journey that the man stopped and shifted around on his feet a bit. He did not stay put for long though because he knew they had to get out of the cold, and quickly.

After rounding a corner they stopped again. In front of them was a large oak sign. Etched into it's wood was a crow with a pitcher of beer in front of it. Vyrik squinted as he stared at it and tried to make out the wording. The Drunken Crow. It was a well-known bar in Florien. The curtains had been drawn in the windows. The owner had kicked the last drunk out several hours ago, as it was well past midnight at this time. A few lights remained lit inside and Vyrik could make out the shape of a person moving about.

Moments later the figure approached the door and swung it open. He was a large man, in both stature and muscle. On his face was a curly mustache and the hair on his head was well-kept. His arms were covered in tattoos and tucked under them were two buckets of cleaning water. A look of surprise shot onto his face when he spotted Veronica and Vyrik. "What in the heavens are you doing out here in this weather at this time of night!?" He questioned Veronica in a hushed voice. He made quick work of dumping his buckets out onto the side of the property. The man then set them aside and hurried down the steps to assist the two of them.

Boris quickly took Vyrik from the woman. The Moonwing was too shocked to react and let himself be grabbed up like a rag doll and slung over the man's broad shoulders. "I apologize Sir, and I do hope nothin' is broken, but we must get ya' both inside quickly." The bar tender then looked to Veronica, "Ms. Bathory, Ma'am," he said as he offered his arm to her.

After getting everyone up the sleek steps and into the bar he shut the heavy door behind them and locked it. Boris then stepped over to one of the lounging couches and carefully sat Vyrik on it. In front of the couch was a large fireplace with flames roaring inside of it. The Moonwing couldn't have been happier to see it, although it did not show on his face. The hood of Veronica's cloak was still pulled up over his head and all Boris could really make out was his thin face, tired amber eyes, and some tufts of black hair. He narrowed his eyes as he took in the sight of the foreigner.

"I see why ya' brought him here, Ms. Bathory," he said as he continued to study Vyrik. "How long were ya' out there in the cold?" He questioned. Boris did not receive an answer but it did not seem to bother him all that much. It wasn't uncommon at all for quieter Otherfolk to find their way into his bar. "Ah, it don't matter none anyhow I 'spose as long as we get ya' warmed up." He started by removing Vyrik's boots and it was clear to Boris that they had arrived at his abode just in time. "There, that oughta get ya' feet warmed up. Just relax here by the fire."

Boris then turned to Veronica, "Would ya' like a warm drink, Ms. Bathory?"

๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–”๐–“๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ฝ๐–”๐–˜๐–“๐–”๐–Ž๐–—๐–Š

I am here: The Drunken Crow
With: Boris, Vyrik
Form: Light

Much to Veronica's relief, they made it to the drunken crow without incident. Her ward stayed mostly conscious, trying his best to hold as much of his own weight as possible. Veronica watched the silhouette of the barkeep inside, tending to the cleaning. The man's large form moved over to the door, and it opened. He had clearly been intending to throw out rubbish, but found the two of them standing there, instead. Boris was an intimidating sight to the uninitiated. Massive, covered in tattoos, he looked like he could knock a few heads around. Veronica had seen him knock a few heads around.

A smirk came to Veronica's face as he asked what she was doing out at this time of night. The concern about the weather was understandable, but Veronica would never been seen at anytime that wasn't night. "Saving strays from freezing to death," Veronica answered, making herself sound more altruistic than she was. Boris moved to her side, taking the man from her. Veronica took a deep breath and stretched her muscles. Now that his weight wasn't on her, she felt so free. But she had a sneaking feeling that she might be sore for the next few minutes. No good deed goes unpunished and all that. Veronica watched her man, slung over Boris' shoulders like a sack of potatoes, before Boris offered his free arm to her. "Thank you, kind gentleman," Veronica smiled, holding tenderly onto his arm as the three of them made their way inside.

Once they were safely inside, Boris barred the heavy oaken door. Veronica sunk gratefully into the closest chair. After resting her eyes for a moment, Victoria turned her attention towards where Boris had set the man up, next to the fireplace on a plush couch. Now that seemed like a better place to rest than this wooden chair. Veronica stood up, and made her way over to the fire. Boris spoke up, saying that he understood why she took him here. "I needed someplace that I knew would be safe. The farmlands are crawling with guards," Veronica said, taking up the spot on the opposite end of the couch. She removed her own boots and curled her feet up beside her on the couch, quite unbecoming and unlady-like. But that was Ms. Bathory. She didn't care much for society's rules.

He asked her man how long he was out in the cold, but he didn't answer. Veronica was wondering if he even knew how to speak. "Several hours, at least. He was already freezing by the time I found him," Veronica answered. Boris didn't seem to be bothered by the lack of an answer from the man, instead taking off his boots. The grim look on his face made Veronica worried about frostbite. It was too easy to get out in the cold when you weren't prepared for the winter. Boris turned his attention to her, asking if she would like a warm drink. Well, she wouldn't object to one, although she didn't really need one. The cold didn't bother her much. "Yes. And some for my friend, as well. And a small bite of food." Veronica had been starving enough in her human life that she knew a grand feast was a good way to make oneself sick when you were that hungry.

Boris took off, and it was just Veronica and her man alone in the room. Veronica sidled up closer to him, not touching, but close enough to whisper. "I didn't bring it up earlier because I was more focused on keeping you alive, but I was wondering if you could tell me what I am to call you. In this place, you can call me Ms. Bathory." That name was a pseudonym, of course. A dark name from an obscure political figure in the past of Asmique. She knew better than to give anything of a semblance of her real name in this place. While she trusted Boris to keep them safe, she didn't know if she trusted him to not reveal secrets after days of torture in the castle dungeons. Better to give them nothing to go off of in that eventuality.

โ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Žโ‰Ž

((ooc: ))
((Outfit))
((Age appearance: Early thirties))

Hector Darius
With:
Oksana & Emory

Hector lifted a shoulder in a shrug and smiled at Prince Emory's insistance at addressing him with his last name, "Just like the military." He said, "Thank you, at least, for dropping the 'Mister'."

Oksana's excitement at leaving the castle was palatable, and unsurprising. She had never done well with sittlng still for long, and just getting her to wear a dress for appearances sake when around others in a social setting was like asking her to cut off her own fingers, the way she fought it. The weeks they'd spent travelling here, she was in her glory, only too happily eschewing skirts for trousers and dainty shoes for thick boots. It didn't help he was partially to blame for it, he supposed, since he didn't understand why a woman shouldn't wear trousers if she wanted to, and teaching her to fight was only made easier if she wore them. His people hardly wore anything at all, most of the time, so what was the fuss?

Which reminded him. He would have to try finding time to seek out a quiet place they could go to, so she could practice her swordplay.

He returned his gaze to Emory, unable to stop himself from laughing at the expression on his face, as if the idea of being invited to eat a meal was as foreign to him as the idea of running naked down the streets would be. Or maybe it wouldn't be. Hector wasn't going to assume, or judge. "Yes. You, Prince Emory. Truly. I never jest when it comes to food."

Hector looked at at the snow falling outside as Emory recovered his composure and mentioned his own need for a change of clothing. "Sure, we'll join you, if, of course, Princess Oksana wishes to."

Emory's face went red and he hurriedly turned his back to Oksana. Hector looked at her, and it took a second for the penny to drop far enough for him to realize the problem. She had her skirts pulled up over her knees to put her boots on. Hector bit down on the insides of his cheeks to stop himself from busting out laughing. He cleared his throat soflty when she sprung to her feet, responding to her wide grin with one of his own. It was good to see her happy. He schooled his expression when Emory glanced his way, but couldn't quite keep the amusement from his eyes. He gave a single nod of his head. "It's safe, Prince Emory. " He said with mock severity, "You won't be struck down by a bolt of lightning if you turn around."

Last edited:
OKSANA
I am with: Emory & Hector

---

Oksana crinkled her nose when she realized that she had caused discomfort in the room. She tried her best not to laugh. It would've taken forever if she hadn't pulled her skirt up. Her boots were as tall as her knees anyways. Oksana wished she had thought about asking Emory to turn around before putting them on. Now she was embarassed. Emory's face was as red as a tomato. Walking to the door, she wrapped her hand around the handle and opened it. She was relieved to know that everyone from before had seemed to have exited the hall.

Oksana turned to the two in her room as she stood in the middle of the doorway. "Do either of you have any suggestions? Or would you both like to explore? Emory, I must ask out of curiosity. When's the last time you've been out among the city? I don't wish to make you uncomfortable by asking you to join us." Oksana inquired. Now that she felt better, she was behaving normally. She hoped ever so hard that it wasn't offputting to Prince Emory.

It was easy for her to behave like herself around Hector. He was like a father to her. Hector had always been there, whereas her father was absent. The King of Eastwind wasn't as absent as the King of Mirim was with his children. But King Eliot just never considered Oksana's wants and needs. Only to what he thought she wanted and needed. After the kidnapping, Oksana wanted to learn to fight along with many other skills having to do with survival. Hector taught her those things and was there in all of her hard times. Her father on the otherhand, wasn't. Oksana was more than grateful for Hector.

Last edited:
With: Nobody
Wearing: Large shoulder bag, gloves, scarf covering his mouth and nose, a trench coat, work pants, snow boots, and a delivery hat.

Bug sniffed, tucking the wool tighter around his face. He'd normally stomped his boots upon the pathway in front of the steps, shaking lose caked snow and mud in case he needed to enter the establishment. But he could feel the tingle of being glared at by the guards, it runs up his spine and tightens his shoulders. He instead takes hold of the knocker, the pinkie of his glove brushing it instead of curling. Bug clicks three times; the rough thuds make his ears rattle. He steps back, digs within his bag with the bright insignia patch of the postal service and holds out a small box and letters to the door.

Vyrik Talโ€™Ho
  • With: Veronica and Boris (NPC).
Vyrik watched as Boris made his way back behind the counter of the bar. Veronica then leaned in and asked him what she should call him. The man was silent for a long moment as many thoughts ran through his mind. He had started coming up with an alias some days ago, knowing full well that he would need one in Mirim. His choice had not been a difficult one to decide on.

โ€œWren-โ€œ his voice was low, hoarse, and terribly cracked.

Vyrik wheezed as he took in a deep breath, which then caused him to cough for a moment. He would certainly be doing his best to avoid conversation until his throat and chest felt better. Something felt... off.

โ€œTsk tsk tsk, such a nasty sound indeed,โ€ Boris said as he looked back at the two from behind the counter. โ€œWe best be gettinโ€™ that nasty cough taken care of soon before it turns into something worse there Lad.โ€

Vyrikโ€™s nose scrunched up in disapproval of the suggestion. Something hot to eat would do the trick and he hoped thatโ€™s what their host meant. The last thing Vyrik wanted right now was to be jabbed at by some healer.

A few moments later Boris returned to them. A thick blanket was draped over his shoulder and in his hands was a tray. On the tray sat three mugs and a bowl. Vyrik watched as the steam wafted up from the items on the tray. Everything smelled wonderful as well, he picked up the scent of ginger and meat.

โ€œI still had stew simmerinโ€™ from tonightโ€™s dinner. Good news is, the longer it simmers the better it tastes,โ€ Boris said with a wink aimed at Vyrik. A mug of tea was placed on the coffee table in front of Vyrik as well as the bowl of stew. The large man then laid the blanket in Vyrikโ€™s lap. Boris sat himself in an arm chair that was seated next to the fireplace. โ€œThe tea has ginger in it. The stew is beef and vegetable.โ€

Vyrik looked to Veronica and then back to Boris. โ€œBeef?โ€ He questioned with a strained voice. He picked the bowl up and gave it a sniff. It smelled wonderful, especially to someone who had not had a proper meal in days. Heโ€™d even been struggling with nutrition before he had left his village. Vyrik felt his stomach cramp up. The stew certainly looked like something he would enjoy. He wanted more than just one bowl of food and some tea though. He felt like he could easily eat a whole deer all on his own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back