• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Other Collection: The Case of Whitechapel's Ripper

A.I.S.H.A.

Artificial Integrated Social Human Algorithm
“There comes a time when every man and woman must face themselves and ask the question. Who am I? When Rene Descartes wrote the phrase, “I think, therefor I am,” he brought into the light the idea that it is our self-awareness that makes us. For thousands of years, we’ve searched for the defining characteristics behind consciousness. When a lion kills an antelope, she does not do so because of any malintent. It is instinct. But even animals can exhibit disturbingly conscious behavior. Such as when a male lion kills a previous leader of a pride. He will seek out all of the lion’s offspring and slaughter them, effectively ending the defeated lion’s bloodline. Would that too be categorized as mere instinct? Lucifer fell because he, as John Milton put it, “preferred to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven.” He became the origin of evil. But there were angels who did not fight for God or for Hell. No, they remained neutral, indecisive and impartial to the conflict. And God punished them. He cast them from the pearly gates saying, “Ye who watch and do not choose do not deserve choice. Ye who casts away their will to choose good over evil shall exist with no choice.” The Lord stripped them of their conscious and locked them away in some other place… some… Other… place. Never to be heard from again. I write this letter to you, Michael, to beseech your aid in this manner. Humanity has witnessed something terrible. Something horrifying beyond comprehension. An abomination from someplace unnatural. A thing that exists without consciousness, seeking to silence the conscious of the world surrounding it. To devour it. To make it one with itself. Just as you have cast Lucifer down from Hell itself, I ask you cast this being back from whence it came before catastrophe befalls London. Condemn the foul beast whom man will come to call… Jack the Ripper.”

-Ariel, Steward of London, August 2nd, 1888 Year of Our Lord.

IMG_5183.jpg

Welcome to the Other Collection. For those of you that are new to me and my style of RPing, my name is Coyote and this RP is an entry into the Other Collection universe, a historical fiction canon that revolves around a place known as the Other. I wish not to spoil much now and would much prefer to delight you all in the form of deep storytelling and compelling mystery but needless to say, you are in for quite a treat. The first entry into the Other Collection was "The Case of Lockheed Orphanage for the Supernaturally Gifted," which did reasonably well. This RP, "The Case of Whitechapel's Ripper" will explore the chilling mysteries surrounding Jack the Ripper with a twist towards the supernatural. You will be officers, investigators, and doctors patrolling, living in, or working in London's East End slums of Whitechapel, a labyrinthine maze of twisting streets, alleys, and courtyards overcrowded with the destitute of the world's most populous city in 1888.

Your first question must be, "Who is this Steward of London?" to which I answer, "You don't know."

Your second question might be, "Do we get powers?" to which I answer, "Blessings. Yes."

Your third question will then be, "Who is Jack the Ripper!" to which I answer, "If you are prepared to find the truth, join the task force investigating his crimes."

When I create the Character Sheets for this RP, I will list out a few different blessings that you may receive from mysterious supernatural patrons who, unbeknownst to your characters, are watching your every move. The night is dark and the London fog that shrouds the Ripper will give you no quarter. As you navigate these streets, keep in mind that danger lurks near every mystery and clue. There will be risk of death, but nothing ventured is nothing earned.

This RP will be GM'd by me with the assistance of the Librarian of the Other Collection, SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles . An OOC discord will be constructed once everything is in place. Feel free to ask me any questions and I would love to respond! Once again, I am your most gracious and benevolent host, Coyote, and I hope you all enjoy your stay here in London.

Hat Etiquette of the Victorian Era - Kristin Holt.jpg

Last edited:
run away while you still can

(i am interested if my incessant yippeeing in the discord doesn’t make that clear)

I am quite interested! will discord be necessary?
Discord is strongly recommended as I intend to use it as a way to immerse you all into the story more 🤗 there will be a notebook channel to keep track of facts about a murder, puzzles, hidden clues, and more 👁️

Discord is strongly recommended as I intend to use it as a way to immerse you all into the story more 🤗 there will be a notebook channel to keep track of facts about a murder, puzzles, hidden clues, and more 👁️
then alas, i cannot join. Best of luck to the rest of you. (:

Wow you all showed up really fast

1683556678726.gif

IN THAT CASE, I will begin working on the Discord and start getting the main and CS threads up ASAP!

Bold of you to assume death is the end or the only outcome of being caught.

Trust me when I say that would be too merciful
AHAHAHA love how you chimed in at the perfect moment

But yeah, in Lockheed, the RP in this universe that happened in 1926, I did some delightfully terrifying things to deceased characters :)

ALRIGHTY FOLKS, the Discord is ready. Please check in at the hotel lobby and feel free to socialize at the lounge as the RP starts coming together. CS sheets either tonight or tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back