• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

still watching fma

Elder Member
It's a chilly autumn afternoon, with gloomy cotton colored clouds billowing in the heavens, blocking what precious sunlight the shortened day would allot to you. As the ocean breeze tickles your cheek, a chill runs down your spine and aggravates the blisters on your shoeless feet. You stand among a group of maybe 20 other children, all of whom were left orphaned by the siren's call. Your parents one day decided to walk toward the ocean. Those who were saved, ultimately were husks of their former selves, crying and frantically writhing toward the ocean. No one is quite sure what caused their madness. The only commonality is they were once adventurers, who mapped out the new world. However, times have grown grimmer since then, and all that energy and invigoration has turned into a country wide depression that threatens to swallow it whole.

Still, none of this applies to you children. You look up, to see your caretaker. He is outfitted in miltary garb and dulled platemail. Each step he takes clinks and clanks as he observes you. He stops every now and then, scratching his chin and making gruff grunting noises. His visage is scarred and wrinkly, but he's got a look of curiosity as he blinks his blue eyes at you. His beard is a faded orange and reeks of ale and fish. He burps and stands up straight, towering over you with an imposing shadow. Two townsgaurd stand at his flanks with spears at the ready. " Children, you have had your families taken from you and no next of kin wants the cursed and wretched amongst them, or so they say", he said while glaring at you. " But I see potential. You will all learn to be adventurers. You will find your own food, pay for your own costs, and work hard every day. I will help those only willing to help themselves". He said, while beginning to turn toward the manor house behind him. " So if you dont want to starve or be eaten by wolves...well you might be eaten, but be eaten without A FIGHT. make friends and come on in: you filthy children of the wretched". He grins at you, but it's playful. However there's a fire burning in his eyes. He was once a legendary adventurer and now he wishes to impart the basics unto you.

----

This will be a DnD 5e campaign.
I will be making enemies that think and will use tactics.
I have a plot, but it won't be story driven until you guys pursue it.
Your first job is to create backstory that makes you friends with your fellow pcs.
Everyone starts at level 1. You're 8-12 years old for the first 4 levels.

other stuff
Roll for stats
You're half human.

Now tell me about yourself, if you're interested.

1. Do you want to write paragraph(1 minimum) responses or quicker 1-2 sentence responses?
2. If you are interested, what about this premise interests you?
3. What type of rper are you: Story driven, action combat lover, mystery? What gets ya going?
4. Yorgishmorgies applebottoms

Also a sample of my maps.

Zotar Zotar Felix Felix

Yoooo I got you. Sounds like fun. I've never played DnD though so if that's a deal breaker I can show myself out.

1. I'm cool with either. I feel like the 1-2 sentence idea would be better suited on a discord or something though.

2. The mystery of it all! Who's this guy, why did my mom dive into the ocean, what's the other half in me being half human?

3. Well outside of DnD I like more modern settings but I'm cool with most genres. Supernatural, fantasy, whatever. The more drama the better, give me all the twists and turns. I love the idea of combat in DnD though as I play a lot of RPG's.

4. I'm concerned you are having an acute stroke. Do you need me to call you an ambulance?

Starting as children is a weird idea. Wild magic sorcerer could actually turn themselves into a baby by accident being that young lol

Coming of age story? I'll consider this. I like a good mystery. Give me time to figure out my character. Odd coincedence: Before your post id already planned on a Tabaxi barbarian named " Washed in On the Tide". Fits your theme. If you permit, I could make him half-tabaxi, half-human.

Is there any particular reason for the race restriction? Is that part of the mastery?

Last edited:
1. Either is good. Rps where I don't have to write a page of text twice a week are nice.
2. Coming of age is interesting
3. I'm a big fan of mystery and story.
4. Password accepted.

What's up with the race restriction? Because I'm really interested in playing a changeling.

Coming of age story? I'll consider this. I like a good mystery. Give me time to figure out my character. Odd coincedence: Before your post id already planned on a Tabaxi barbarian named " Washed in On the Tide". Fits your theme. If you permit, I could make him half-tabaxi, half-human.

Is there any particular reason for the race restriction? Is that part of the mastery?
I
1. Either is good. Rps where I don't have to write a page of text twice a week are nice.
2. Coming of age is interesting
3. I'm a big fan of mystery and story.
4. Password accepted.

What's up with the race restriction? Because I'm really interested in playing a changeling.
The two main reasons were:
1. I wanted to reveal part of your heritage via story discovery. But that was mostly spur of the moment.

2. I figured it'd be easier to explain why humans got along with other humans. As opposed to trying to figure out why an orc is killing his friends or something. xD I wouldn't mind seeing a half tabaxi or a child who's mom or dad didnt know their spouse was a changeling. However, it's not a hard and fast rule. It's mostly there to make it easier explain why theyre friends growing up in a settlement.

Also pbtenchi pbtenchi I'll write a lot. I'm just a verbose rper. Don't feel obligated to and write as much as you feel is fit, as long as its a sentence. :3 I've been playing in a campaign with zotar and found that players only posting a few sentences is liberating. Even though as an rp'er im used to writing paragraphs. I just want everyone in the rp to know that they dont have to write as much as me.

OOC. We'll be using this for discussing character creation and posting memes planning the adventure. I wanna try an onsite ooc.

recycling my old rolling thread. Link your rolls in the ooc.

1. I like to put a bit more detail in my stuff, so paragraph is preferred.
2. starting young is interesting for character development, though I wonder how you will deal with more mature themes and kids or how some mechanics like backgrounds work.
3. I like character development and building on lore
4. Roger that.

My character concept is a deformed half gnome, who spent most of her early years in a junkyard and then found a prosthetic hand that gave her wild magic. I think I want her to be one of the first kids found by this adventurer dude and that she somehow helped save the other kids.

Attachments

• Kiki D&D young.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 11
1. I like to put a bit more detail in my stuff, so paragraph is preferred.
2. starting young is interesting for character development, though I wonder how you will deal with more mature themes and kids or how some mechanics like backgrounds work.
3. I like character development and building on lore
4. Roger that.

My character concept is a deformed half gnome, who spent most of her early years in a junkyard and then found a prosthetic hand that gave her wild magic. I think I want her to be one of the first kids found by this adventurer dude and that she somehow helped save the other kids.
Then you SHALL GET PARAGRAPHS, from me. :3

What cha mean by background mechanics? I do think that firbolgs and dwarves might be a tad difficult, but being half human should level out everyone's maturity rate, more or less. As for dealing with mature themes, I'd say the only difference between starting as adults and kids, is I may have more adults take pity on you. But it's still a dog eat dog world and that will become apparent as you adventure for your necessities. The fun here for you guys should be playing as kids being shot at by goblins and what not. And starting from scratch, as opposed to being a 30 year old who didn't practice magic their whole lives. xD

There will be plenty of time for lore building and character development. I always urge my players to contribute, but also am here to provide all the goods if need be.

I love this idea so much. It also gives me a few ideas for how the world should look like. :3

Then you SHALL GET PARAGRAPHS, from me. :3

What cha mean by background mechanics? I do think that firbolgs and dwarves might be a tad difficult, but being half human should level out everyone's maturity rate, more or less. As for dealing with mature themes, I'd say the only difference between starting as adults and kids, is I may have more adults take pity on you. But it's still a dog eat dog world and that will become apparent as you adventure for your necessities. The fun here for you guys should be playing as kids being shot at by goblins and what not. And starting from scratch, as opposed to being a 30 year old who didn't practice magic their whole lives. xD

There will be plenty of time for lore building and character development. I always urge my players to contribute, but also am here to provide all the goods if need be.

I love this idea so much. It also gives me a few ideas for how the world should look like. :3
I mean that your chars skill set is dependent on the background they took, but some of them are like "you were a powerful hero" or "you spent years studying."

Or like wizards, who basically studied a lifetime before they got what magic was about.

I mean that your chars skill set is dependent on the background they took, but some of them are like "you were a powerful hero" or "you spent years studying."

Or like wizards, who basically studied a lifetime before they got what magic was about.
but then it's like, why is a 60 year old guy still level 1 barely managing cantrips and burning hands? The time skips and basic rp should cover your characters learning the basics, making contracts with your gods, and such.

Are we rolling stats by the book? "Roll 4 dice keep 3" or point-buy?

How will we blend the racial traits?

Are we rolling stats by the book? "Roll 4 dice keep 3" or point-buy?

How will we blend the racial traits?
yea, roll 4 keep the top three.

Whichever one you lean toward, that's the racial bonus you get. So if you choose to get bestowed something by the feline god, take their traits.

Yay. Rooooollllliiiing....

Also this is totally not me:

overthinker-s-path_orig.png

Felix Felix Duplicate posts...

Character sheet ready to go.

Attachments

• Washed in on the Tide.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
Hows this look? The only thing I haven't done is divergent persona because it's hard to come up with an in-character alter ego who's life revolves around one tool proficiency.

Attachments

• Dancy.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 17
Hows this look? The only thing I haven't done is divergent persona because it's hard to come up with an in-character alter ego who's life revolves around one tool proficiency.
Racial traits gets cut off and I cant see what's under it. Background gets cut off too. Looks good otherwise. :3 Zotar Zotar Felix Felix

So far we know that felix wants to be the first child to be rescued and someone who helped others find the orphanage. How do do all three of you know eachother? And as of the starting post, what's yer relationship to eachother like?

Im the cat. And cat is cat. I like warm hugs, but only on my terms or ill scratch you. Im aloof and off exploring, or entertaining passers by with my feats of feline agility and natural combat prowess. When someone threatens me or my own im fierce protector. I never forget and im slow to forgive wrongdoing. But ill forget my grudges the moment i see something small and scittering or shiiiiiny. Favorite game: hide and seek. I sleep in the attic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back